PDA

View Full Version : Bugs Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5]

messiahgov
12-31-2012, 09:45 AM
I found A new Bug with the Winged Helmet. When you equip the helmet, its supposed to give you 2-3 Vikings after a battle. It actually says that it has given me vikings after my battles (usually 3 Skalds). But It never actually does give them to me. I still have the same number of skalds each time. Please Fix.

Yea it seem to have no special code for that:
addon2_helmet_winged_helmet {
category=o
image=heroitem_addon2_helmet_winged_helmet.png
hint_config=object_item
label=itm_addon2_helmet_winged_helmet_name
hint=itm_addon2_helmet_winged_helmet_hint
information_label=itm_addon2_helmet_winged_helmet_ info
maphint=
mapinfo=
price=18000
maxcount=1
level=3
race=viking
setref=set_valkyrie
use {}
mods {
defense=count,2
leadership=count,100
}
propbits=helmet
params {}
}

Is there any other item, which has this "give troops" bonus (and it works), so it could be compared in any way?

EDIT: Another item with a equal function is "itm_addon2_regalia_orc_banner", but it looks the same, no special code for that. So it have to be in some other file (not just items.txt). Otherwise you wouldn't see any message at all.

EDIT2:
The right code can be found in "addon_arena.lua":

if Logic.hero_lu_item_on_body("addon2_helmet_winged_helmet") then
local data = { --[[Ïðåäìåò Êðûëàòûé Øëåì]]
{n = "slinger_man", minc = 3, maxc = 3, prob = 50},
{n = "viking", minc = 2, maxc = 3, prob = 40},
{n = "skald", minc = 3, maxc = 3, prob = 30}
}
table.insert(tab_verbovka, data)
end
if Logic.hero_lu_item_on_body("addon2_regalia_orc_banner") then
local data = { --[[Ïðåäìåò Çíàìÿ Îðäû]]
{n = "goblin", minc = 3, maxc = 3, prob = 50},
{n = "goblin2", minc = 3, maxc = 3, prob = 50},
{n = "orc", minc = 2, maxc = 3, prob = 40},
{n = "goblin_shaman", minc = 2, maxc = 3, prob = 20},
{n = "catapult", minc = 3, maxc = 3, prob = 20}
}
table.insert(tab_verbovka, data)
end

ivra
12-31-2012, 02:38 PM
The object Kerus's Sword [kerus_sword] has a bug. The third ability "+30% to Attack of the demons in the army of the enemy" does nothing. The code is sp_unti_demon=count,30. Since this is a level 5 item with only +3 Attack, +3 Intellect and -1 Morale to demons, I suspect that the third ability should be a penalty to demons as well. Can it be misspelled? Maybe the code should have been sp_anti_demon=count,30?

Fatt_Shade
12-31-2012, 04:36 PM
Huraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay !!!
We reached 1000 posts, in discussion on bugs in this game, in less then 2 months of release. This must be some kind of world record. Congratulations to developers.

@ivra
You`re right it`s something wrong with this item. Look at it, -1moral to all demons, and then it says +30% to attack OF ENEMY demon units ???? So it first lover att/def of all demons then rise enemy demons attack for 30%. WTF?
Here`s statistic of Kerus sword in previous game (the legend for example)
price=100000
maxcount=1
level=5
race=human
use {}
mods {
attack=count,3
intellect=count,3
sp_attack_demon=count,30
Same sp_attack is in 2 other items Silver rapier (gives 30% attack AGAINST undead) , and Dragonslayer sword (gives +50% AGAINST dragons).
So my thought is that devs f..ked up again here and mistranslated bonus for Kerus sword (why would you use item that gives bonus to enemy army ??? )
Other question is why did they change function that worked great in previous games (sp_attack_demon=...) and imported new that is broken (sp_unti_demon=...)
This function is in some other items also, so you can check if any to them work properly (Holy ring - +50% attack vs undead/demons , Silver rapier , Sun ray , Dragonslayer sword , Kerus sword , Yew bow , Full moon sword , Lumberman axe)
One more weird thing about this function is that it have same function for silver rapier and this item Kerus sword, but it`s translated that in one case give bonus against enemy undead units ,and then give bonus to enemy demon units.
All in all, one more broken thing added to list.

dainbramage
01-01-2013, 10:37 AM
In the ally battle(s) with Eric, you keep the mana value of your last allies as Olaf. I.e. if you use the elf army last then you'll permanently have 250 mana for the Guilford fight. 46 start, 50 play.

Gza
01-01-2013, 03:06 PM
Courtly Garb can't be upgraded. When you select the Upgrade option from the right-click-menu the fight does not start. Nothing happens. Need start new game? My version : 1.3.1. 6250

ivra
01-01-2013, 03:44 PM
Regarding:

Ay Vaz's Masterpiece (Patch 3): Several players have reported the counter does not go up for defeating all three pirate ships, make this quest unable to be completed. A save game where it can be reproduced is here.

This bug is not completely fixed. It works if you get the quest and fight all three ships without loading the game. If, however, you save any time from the point after getting the quest to the point before fighting the last pirate ship, the quest will be bugged if you load that save game. It looks like the state of the quest is not saved properly in the save game. It is quite easy to verify if the quest works or not. If you get a dialog box telling you that you killed the first, second or last pirate, then it works. If not the quest cannot be completed.

kenchen722
01-02-2013, 06:18 AM
Is the spell "blind" 's duration working as designed? No one seems to have reported this.
I often use Engineer's flash potion and sometimes the spell blind on enemy to stall them somewhat. It's supposed to last for 2 rounds (seeing blinded icon and number 2 in status), but the effect almost always ends after 1 round. For some creatures it seems to work properly, but for enemy units like skeleton archer, it's always just 1 round, and the effect disappears.
I'm on the latest steam patch btw.

ckdamascus
01-02-2013, 04:04 PM
Is the spell "blind" 's duration working as designed? No one seems to have reported this.
I often use Engineer's flash potion and sometimes the spell blind on enemy to stall them somewhat. It's supposed to last for 2 rounds (seeing blinded icon and number 2 in status), but the effect almost always ends after 1 round. For some creatures it seems to work properly, but for enemy units like skeleton archer, it's always just 1 round, and the effect disappears.
I'm on the latest steam patch btw.

Probably working as designed. Blind is dispelled whenever the unit takes damage. If you pre-burn a unit, then blind them, it will only last one round as they will take damage from burn/poison/cold, thus, dispelling blind.

Or if you hit them, that will naturally dispel blind as well.

Fatt_Shade
01-02-2013, 05:28 PM
@kenchen722
Or other thing possible : if some unit make action in turn and you blind them after that, it will count as 1 turn for blind spell. So they will be blind next turn (making no action) and in 3 will act normally = were blind for only 1 turn actually.

camelotcrusade
01-02-2013, 11:23 PM
Hey guys, I'm back, hope you had a nice holiday too. I made it to page 99 looking for new stuff so far.

I marked Black Label as fixed (missed that one before) and also moved the modding functions which don't work to the fixed thread, linking to Sneaksie's post. I added a new bug for the AI assassin's murder and also linked to more information about the unattackable pheonix.

Saw a couple more to get later... it would also help if people remember to post builds so we can save time having to confirm them.

PS - a few pages back somebody posted about the viking helmet not giving them vikings, saying it didnt work on the skald. That makes me wonder if it's really broken or if it only increases the unit called "Viking." Does anybody know? They really shouldn't have named a unit after a faction, it causes a lot of confusion.

kenchen722
01-03-2013, 12:17 AM
Probably working as designed. Blind is dispelled whenever the unit takes damage. If you pre-burn a unit, then blind them, it will only last one round as they will take damage from burn/poison/cold, thus, dispelling blind.

Or if you hit them, that will naturally dispel blind as well.

Ahh I see, I had no idea the elemental effects would dispel blind. Thanks for the explanation.

Fatt_Shade
01-03-2013, 10:43 AM
@kenchen722
Ahh I see, I had no idea the elemental effects would dispel blind. Thanks for the explanation.
As you named this `elemental` effect, it gave me idea. Casting on some unit blind, make it unable to move/attack/use special ability. Why ???
If some1 is blind, that doesnt make him/her statue in that place. It still can function, but without line of sight or vision where it will act.
Is this even possible ? To make blind to cause unit to act uncontrollable in random direction but not like berserk to attack closest unit ally/foe. Blinded unit can move/defend/use ability that is in aoe or cast single target on some random unit ally/foe but cant make direct attack on enemy since it cant see it.
So expl : enemy hero blind your inquisitors and there is chance for them to just move, to cast holy anger on one random stack on WHOLE arena ally or enemy , or it can randomly use resurrect on some random stack that had losses since start of battle.

Is this idea to crazy or not ?

Nirual
01-04-2013, 09:53 AM
Blind in King's Bounty, at least since the reboot with the Legend, has always been working more like what most RPG's call "Sleep" (in fact, it works exactly like Sleep (like Bear Hibernation) in Kings Bounty itself, except it doesn't work on Eyeless creatures).

If it were up to me, I'd just rename the spell as "Sleep" and create a new "Blind" spell which would probably disable ranged attacks / abilities instead (basically assuming that the other senses would still allow the target to locate enemies in melee range).
But then again, they've just been rolling with this mechanic since the Legend, and while its confusing, it doesn't really affect the gameplay.

ivra
01-04-2013, 11:29 AM
The item Amulet of Death [dead_amulet] is specified as being part of a set that was deleted from this game. The set is "Set of the Dead" [set_deadman] that was in the Armored Princess game, but has been removed from this game. The link to it from this item should also be removed.

ivra
01-04-2013, 03:39 PM
I think I have read about this somewhere before, so I suspect this will be a repetition. The item Game of Bones [dice] does not work when you try to use it. You will get a dialog box, but nothing will happen after that, no matter if you select OK or Cancel.

ivra
01-04-2013, 04:09 PM
The description of the item Optimization Module [droid_card_best] should be changed from:
"+25% Resistance of Droids"
to
"+25% Magic Resistance to Droids ".

Source:
rbonus=magic,25,0,0,-100,0,0

Gza
01-05-2013, 12:11 PM
Prince's Crown does not give +500 Leadership bonus. Enemy's cerberus is attacking its own Gremlin tower's.

camelotcrusade
01-06-2013, 12:53 AM
Updates:

Added Avrelii Gauntlet to Items
Added Game of Bones to Items
Added Amulet of the Dead to Items
Added Kerus's Sword to Items
Added Ogre Club to Text & Descriptions
Added Optimization Module to Text & Descriptions

Ivra, thanks for the detail on most of those - and when you have a minute, can you check if the Prince's Crown has any bugs in the code regarding its 500 leadership?

I think I'm all caught up now, if I missed something please let me know. I'm not following too close these days until they fix my poison cloud. :)

ivra
01-06-2013, 07:35 AM
and when you have a minute, can you check if the Prince's Crown has any bugs in the code regarding its 500 leadership?
Just did it, and it worked for me. I equipped the Prince's Crown [chaos_crown] and my Leadership was increased with 500. The code looks ok too. I am using 6250. Can it be and older version

I think I'm all caught up now, if I missed something please let me know. I'm not following too close these days until they fix my poison cloud. :)

Yes, this one:
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpost.php?p=491183&postcount=1006

Also, I guess I am luckier than you. I am using poison cloud all the time and it has never crashed. If you like you can upload a save game that I can try. If it crash for me too then the reason should be hero-related. Some items or skills that does not work together. If I do not experience a crash, I believe it is PC related.

cjbcreighton
01-06-2013, 11:05 AM
Where would I go about uploading a save to have it looked at? I've seen notes about that in other places as well...

Gza
01-06-2013, 02:27 PM
Tincture of Toadstool infinite charge. 0 starts after minus count and increases the rage points.

ivra
01-06-2013, 07:53 PM
Where would I go about uploading a save to have it looked at? I've seen notes about that in other places as well...

For Windows 7 the games are located at:
C:\Users\<UserName>\Documents\My Games\Kings Bounty Warriors of the North\$save\addon\

Find the correct folder and zip it together with its contents (4 files)

BaZERGer
01-09-2013, 12:52 PM
I'm experiencing issues with Witch Hunters, whenever i cast a negative spell on them, they gets removed instantly.

The log even says "Witch Hunters: the effect placed on the troop dissipates instantly!".

I cannot find any special that is supposed to grant it that effect, only the Restoration ability it has can clear them, but it's description says it clears them at the beginning of it's turn, not instantly.

I've also noticed that the Pirate Ghosts gets the same benefits as normal ghosts, Phantom, and Soars, but without having them listed in it's Abilities section. They have 50% physical damage resistance, and can walk over traps without triggering them.

ckdamascus
01-10-2013, 02:45 PM
I'm experiencing issues with Witch Hunters, whenever i cast a negative spell on them, they gets removed instantly.

The log even says "Witch Hunters: the effect placed on the troop dissipates instantly!".

I cannot find any special that is supposed to grant it that effect, only the Restoration ability it has can clear them, but it's description says it clears them at the beginning of it's turn, not instantly.

I've also noticed that the Pirate Ghosts gets the same benefits as normal ghosts, Phantom, and Soars, but without having them listed in it's Abilities section. They have 50% physical damage resistance, and can walk over traps without triggering them.

Witch Hunters are immune to all negative status effects by design since Armored Princess / Crossworlds as far as I can remember.

Mouse over the special traits, and something there should say it. If not, just telling you it has been that way since Crossworlds.

The Celestrial Guards (summons of Royal Griffins) are like that too, instant dispel.

I think the only guy that cleared at beginning of his round is the Archdemon.

BaZERGer
01-10-2013, 03:36 PM
Witch Hunters are immune to all negative status effects by design since Armored Princess / Crossworlds as far as I can remember.

Mouse over the special traits, and something there should say it. If not, just telling you it has been that way since Crossworlds.

The Celestrial Guards (summons of Royal Griffins) are like that too, instant dispel.

I think the only guy that cleared at beginning of his round is the Archdemon.

If by traits you mean the thing at the bottom of the character window with the text "Abilities:", then i do not need to spend more time trying to read them, already having spent over 20 minutes confirming that there's nothing there that states it can do it.

Simply put: Either it must do what it says, or say what it does.

Nirual
01-11-2013, 10:11 AM
Restoration is misleading for sure. And the Ghost Pirates definitely have abilities that aren't listed. they also can walk any distance to open chests and automatically do so on their turn if there are any chests.

cocktard
01-12-2013, 08:40 PM
When fighting the last Battle before Eric the second time (late game) outside Guileford's Castle, all Your spells disappear from Your spell book! They are removed after the Battle, and do not reappear. All Your scrolls are there though.

This bug is of course game breaking, especially to mages. :evil:

ivra
01-12-2013, 10:18 PM
This is a known bug. Hopefully it will be fixed in the next patch.

From what I have read, it happens when you fight the last battle without all allies. There are two optional allies (humans and demons). As far as I know, getting one of them as an ally prevents the bug from happening, since there are now one ally for each of the 4 battles.

balder1980
01-13-2013, 06:06 AM
Is there an unofficial fix for the "Fly the Banner" Quest? I'm already late in the game and don't want to restart.

camelotcrusade
01-18-2013, 04:05 PM
Been a while, so it was nice to see there aren't many more bugs reported. I updated the Ay Vaz Masterpiece quest, moving it from fixed to bugs (thanks, Ivra). And also @ivra, you're kind to mention the savegame, I did post one here (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpost.php?p=487909&postcount=932) where my poison cloud is bugged (it always hangs instead of activating) and it didn't happen for ckdamascus using my save.

At this point I am waiting for another patch so I can see if it miraculously works again or so I can start over and play the game without any major issues. The fact new bugs get introduced with fixes would make me wary of starting right away, though.

@Gza what build are you using? Also, it looks like in the screenshot that the item says it has 36 charges? Just want to make sure I understand the problem...

@balder1980 I thought there was, but after doing a lot of searching in this thread and in others, I couldn't find it. Hopefully someone will have more luck than I did... sorry. :(

ivra
01-18-2013, 05:15 PM
And also @ivra, you're kind to mention the savegame, I did post one here (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpost.php?p=487909&postcount=932) where my poison cloud is bugged (it always hangs instead of activating) and it didn't happen for ckdamascus using my save.

I had no success either to get the game to crash. I noticed something strange: You had 1 too many warrior maiden and rune mage units in your stacks, but the game did not indicate that something was wrong. Only when I removed a unit from one of the stacks did the other stack get the too many units warning. I also noticed that the lava golem was really slowing down the game, much more than I have experienced in any of my games. But, as I said, no crashes due to poison cloud. Sorry about that...

BaZERGer
01-19-2013, 02:15 PM
When fighting against Human race units with the "Adaptable" ability, it seems like the attack/defense bonus they get is based on my values, instead of their own.

Right now i'm in a battle on a beach against a group that has Inquisitors(neutral morale, no effects active, and no hero), the Adaptable ability's tooltip says it has a 14% bonus there, but it's attack and defense values are 24 (16), and when checking the tooltip of MY Adaptable ability(on my Inquisitors), it says 50% on beaches, which maches what the enemy gets.

I see some units get 50%, and others seem to get 30%(despite the bonus of the area fought in varied from 21% to 42%), this fight, Priests seem to get 30%, Robbers gained 50% instead though. Also saw Bowmen get 30% earlier.

camelotcrusade
01-22-2013, 07:39 PM
I had no success either to get the game to crash. I noticed something strange: You had 1 too many warrior maiden and rune mage units in your stacks, but the game did not indicate that something was wrong. Only when I removed a unit from one of the stacks did the other stack get the too many units warning. I also noticed that the lava golem was really slowing down the game, much more than I have experienced in any of my games. But, as I said, no crashes due to poison cloud. Sorry about that...

Very observant about the unit number... I just went to check, and it looks OK for me. I bet you don't have the celestial helm in your game, which gives me +200 leadership. I think I got it for the pre-order or something like that, and I've heard of cases where save-swapping has run into problems with people who can't have that set.

I don't know what is causing the hang up for me, but it's consistent and annoying. Some confluence of patches and successive savegames, I guess. I'll just start over at some point, I think, once I am reasonably confident the patches are done. And I hope they aren't, too.

@BaZERGer - I haven't paid much attention to "adaptive" but I'm surprised to hear the number is different for the same unit in the same terrain. What do you think causes this? Artifacts, skills, morale...? In any case, it's applying the better of the values to all units with "adaptive" right?

Gza
01-23-2013, 08:11 AM
Does anyone know of Jotun's Greed and Troll's Pacify ability does not work? Is there any fix for this? Thanks for the answer. The game is the latest Steam patch.

BaZERGer
01-23-2013, 11:19 AM
@BaZERGer - I haven't paid much attention to "adaptive" but I'm surprised to hear the number is different for the same unit in the same terrain. What do you think causes this? Artifacts, skills, morale...? In any case, it's applying the better of the values to all units with "adaptive" right?

Actualy, morale would explain the 30% bonus ganed instead of 50% by the Priest and Bowmen, as the Robbers they were with lowers their morale.

Which just leaves that they get a 50% stat bonus before morale effects. I have roughly 50% in the tooltip of my own Adaptable ability for the terrain, but the tooltip of the enemies has another value, just not one it seems to follow.

-

I've seen a couple of other behaviors that seem act slightly different from the tooltip, the talent Magic Shield says it lowers any damage inflicted by 50%, but doesn't affect damage from Burning or Frozen, dunno about Poisoned, and the Diplomacy skill says it'll convince a percentage of the enemy troops to desert, but it only convinces that percentage of a single unit type.

Dunno if it's intentional, but one of the upgrades for the rage skill Ice Blades, lowered the rest time from something like 4 turns, to -5 turns, effectively removing the rest time for quite a while.
Also seems to be a typo in the skill Sense Weakness, it says espace where it seems like it should say escape.

Parun
01-23-2013, 11:10 PM
Kinda new this game and haven't gone pass the first 4 islands but thats not the point. Reading the bug notes and atm on 40th page somewhere and havent knowtice this mentioned before - it would fit better under cosmetic problems and not a bug but i thought why i keep loosing my magic crystals and finally figured out that Raven who writes the scrolls actually takes 5 for making one (atleast for titan sword one). Also the 3 crystals i brought up in smugglers haven Devils lake (the sunken goldbag quest) don't count for the crystal collecting achivement (i think they should as afterall they are found).

Youpiya
01-29-2013, 03:10 PM
∙ Silver Rapier and Ray of Light properties corrected*

* This change will be applied only after starting a new game because this data is stored in a save file.

OMG.
Not that the Silver Rapier does not let us make infinite XP anymore, it still costs several millions gold to craft it (if you have >4M gold).
WTF ??? the good bug is corrected and the bad bug still exists...
So now it is not possible to reach lvl70 in impossible mode AT ALL.

anteos
01-29-2013, 06:43 PM
My save games in demonis have become corrupted. They load successfully, but I'm unable to move out of the screen. The screen has stopped scrolling. I also cannot interact with any monsters.

However, if I load an older save (where I'm not in demonis) they work fine. has there been a recent update (its hard to tell from steam)

thanks

Mystic Phoenix
01-29-2013, 07:45 PM
My save games in demonis have become corrupted. They load successfully, but I'm unable to move out of the screen. The screen has stopped scrolling. I also cannot interact with any monsters.

However, if I load an older save (where I'm not in demonis) they work fine. has there been a recent update (its hard to tell from steam)

There was a recent update today. And the same error occurs for me, although I am in Hades. No more map scrolling, so it is unplayable at the moment.

Kiras
01-29-2013, 10:34 PM
I'm currently playing a Soothsayer and am on the 2nd island. Christa's Gift has become totally useless since this latest update. I've played through this game before, and it used to be an awesome ability. Now the enemies are flat out ignoring it, even if they have the chest icon on them and are within the level range, and it's adjacent to them. I've only leveled Christa's Gift's damage up once and haven't gotten the increased range upgrades, so maybe those make it start functioning again.

lukesc
01-30-2013, 05:54 AM
I'm currently playing a Soothsayer and am on the 2nd island. Christa's Gift has become totally useless since this latest update. I've played through this game before, and it used to be an awesome ability. Now the enemies are flat out ignoring it, even if they have the chest icon on them and are within the level range, and it's adjacent to them. I've only leveled Christa's Gift's damage up once and haven't gotten the increased range upgrades, so maybe those make it start functioning again.

I've got the same problem!

asimovfr
01-30-2013, 05:03 PM

thanks

Same problem, not only in Demonis but in Hades as well...
Should you by chance be close enough to a travel zone, you may go out and in again, and the bug disappears...

I noticed it's still possible to fight / talk / enter a castle... but even after a fight the camera is still "locked" at the old position.... Unfortunately my last 4 hours of game were in Demonis :(

Hope some urgent fix is on the run....

EDIT: reloaded a "quite old but not so" save game located in Demonis, my viking being close to the portal, went out and in again, could move, but every time I try to fight, the game crashes (in the lava arena) after 2 or 3 min (tried 4 or 5 times with the same savegame)...

Very weird, tried an older savegame (4 days ago), went to demonis and could fight without a crash...

Tried another recent savegame, located in demonis, with camera bug... game crashed during next fight... looks like the savegame is really corrupted....

camelotcrusade
02-01-2013, 01:37 AM
Cool, new update here (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpost.php?p=495956&postcount=137).

I don't have time to start updating the bugs thread right now, but I can work on it soon. Meanwhile, if anybody has new bugs to report or olds ones to help point out that should be removed from my list feel free to post them here.

Don't forget to post your build if you're reporting bugs - you can find it on the title page of the game. :)

PS - My game still says build 6250. Maybe Steam isn't really updated yet?

camelotcrusade
02-02-2013, 03:16 AM
Updated. A lot of the new bugs that were fixed weren't on the original list, so I only had to change a few things. Let me know if I missed anything.

I wasn't sure how crafting has changed (sounds ominous!) so I don't know whether they still require levels of artificer and if so, whether or not the scrolls tell you what level you need (they didn't before and it was on our list).

I am very curious if any of the many hang-ups introduced in patched savegames are fixed. Let me know if you guys see anything clear up. Going to test Poison Cloud right now and report back with an edit.

Edit: I have fixed the Poison Cloud issue. Apparently I had downloaded and installed "mod_wn131_interface.kfs" a while back so I could see previews of the spell upgrades. Well, inside that folder are a bunch of other .lua files have that since been modded and caused conflicts. If you have that mod I suggest you delete it until there is an update. So, if you are getting hangups with spells (Poison Cloud, Rune Chain, possibly others) hunt to see if you have this in your sessions or sessions/mods folder.

armands_queen
02-02-2013, 08:01 AM
Spell: Pain Mirror - Damage done is a fraction of what it should be
Spell: Magic Missle - Does not do 150% damage to Soothsayers
Rage: Christa's Gift - Enemy units show being under the effect of Greed's Curse, but walk right by gold pile as if it's not there (previously reported)
Item: Game of Bones - Activating the game does not work (previously reported)

Latest patch through Steam

I have played the game twice. The first play through I had no problems with Christa's Gift, the second play through, I have not as of yet, had a problem with Pain Mirror, but Christa's Gift does not work.

camelotcrusade
02-02-2013, 07:17 PM
Spell: Pain Mirror - Damage done is a fraction of what it should be
Spell: Magic Missle - Does not do 150% damage to Soothsayers
Rage: Christa's Gift - Enemy units show being under the effect of Greed's Curse, but walk right by gold pile as if it's not there (previously reported)
Item: Game of Bones - Activating the game does not work (previously reported)

Latest patch through Steam

I have played the game twice. The first play through I had no problems with Christa's Gift, the second play through, I have not as of yet, had a problem with Pain Mirror, but Christa's Gift does not work.

Thanks. I'll add Christa's Gift and Magic Missile in a moment. I'm not sure about Pain Mirror though... are you saying it was broken but now it's not?

jake21
02-02-2013, 08:37 PM
Yea; damn it I have this bug. THe first time I played I did not run into the paper bug but this game I had an ink in my inventory; I get the paper from rezo but now the stupid quest won't advance and I cannot give the paper to Drotar. Sigh. Lame ass bug; this is build 6250. This sounds different than what you said below since you were actually able to complete the quest but I cannot.

Regarding this bug:

Paper for the Professor: Build 6250. Bought the paper from Rezo but the quest log wasn't updated and it can't be completed. Additional information: "I accepted the quest with 2 ink bottles in my inventory but "get some ink" was greyed out in the quest log. I may have initially refused the paper item from Rezo and/or did another quest first in the same conversation."

It was a bit different for me. I am running 6249/6250. What happened was the following:

When Rezo tell me that the paper costs 2000 gold I only get this alternative to choose from:
"By Odin's beard! That would buy a very fine axe! Enough, I think I will keep the money!"
I take this as a rejection to the purchase, but what happens is that I lose 2000 gold and get the item called "Sheaf of Paper".

The first bug here is that the option I can select does not match the action that happens. Either change the text or add a second option where one is to buy the paper and the other is to bail out.

The second bug at this stage is that the quest log does not update. The entry "Find some paper for Professor Drotar. Ask Archmage Rezo if he has any paper" should have been grayed out.

The third bug is that the house of Drotar the Scientist does not light up as is normal when you should visit a building to advance a quest.

When talking to Drotar I got an option to deliver the paper and finish the quest. So I was able to complete it, but it was confusing for a while.

bacchus1974
02-03-2013, 03:55 PM
i have lot of of bugs like christa gift i wait a new patch to begin a new game

when a patch to go out to rule all bugs????????????????????:evil::evil::evil::evil:

armands_queen
02-04-2013, 01:57 AM
Thanks. I'll add Christa's Gift and Magic Missile in a moment. I'm not sure about Pain Mirror though... are you saying it was broken but now it's not?

Re: Pain Mirror - To clarify I haven't encountered the spell in my second play through yet, so I can't report whether or not it is still happening with the latest patch. Thanks. :)

CorwinM
02-07-2013, 06:00 PM
I am not 100% sure this is a bug, but: http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=38155

I have no idea how to proceed, and I think I tried everything.

BaZERGer
02-07-2013, 09:00 PM
I am not 100% sure this is a bug, but: http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=38155

I have no idea how to proceed, and I think I tried everything.

Well, it did seem to me like the quest "Find Queen Amelie" didn't appear in my quest log untill after i had killed all 5 undead heroes involving the quest, or seemed to be missing for that step at least. But since i've only just gotten to that part in the game i can't see your issue for myself yet.

Well, having just completed the next step, the quest "Find Queen Amelie" went down into (Completed) section, so your issue could seem to lie in the quest log not updating properly for the step, and that you're missing one or more of the undead heroes. I ran into the 5th one just past a small boy with a quest in there, the other 4 were found somewhere between that and the gate into the dwarven town, only the heroes count though, regular undead units you encounter aren't part of the target for the quest.

marko207
02-07-2013, 09:22 PM
Is this a bug?
I did notice that I've 1st have 62 rage (lvl 49) but lately i noticed that have only 37(lvl 52), completely the same items, except that mana restoration belt?
http://www.dodaj.rs/t/2A/V9/43NJlPLi/screen130207000.jpg (http://www.dodaj.rs/?2A/V9/43NJlPLi/screen130207000.jpg) http://www.dodaj.rs/t/3D/S4/ITCypTV/screen130207001.jpg (http://www.dodaj.rs/?3D/S4/ITCypTV/screen130207001.jpg)

BaZERGer
02-07-2013, 10:02 PM
Is this a bug?
I did notice that I've 1st have 62 rage (lvl 49) but lately i noticed that have only 37(lvl 52), completely the same items, except that mana restoration belt?
http://www.dodaj.rs/t/2A/V9/43NJlPLi/screen130207000.jpg (http://www.dodaj.rs/?2A/V9/43NJlPLi/screen130207000.jpg) http://www.dodaj.rs/t/3D/S4/ITCypTV/screen130207001.jpg (http://www.dodaj.rs/?3D/S4/ITCypTV/screen130207001.jpg)

My guess would be the first picture is while under the Wanderer scroll effect Insane Rage, it adds 30 rage for 2 battles.

CorwinM
02-08-2013, 06:40 AM
Well, it did seem to me like the quest "Find Queen Amelie" didn't appear in my quest log untill after i had killed all 5 undead heroes involving the quest, or seemed to be missing for that step at least. But since i've only just gotten to that part in the game i can't see your issue for myself yet.

Well, having just completed the next step, the quest "Find Queen Amelie" went down into (Completed) section, so your issue could seem to lie in the quest log not updating properly for the step, and that you're missing one or more of the undead heroes. I ran into the 5th one just past a small boy with a quest in there, the other 4 were found somewhere between that and the gate into the dwarven town, only the heroes count though, regular undead units you encounter aren't part of the target for the quest.

As you can see http://s3.postimage.org/aexawp3zn/screen_130205_004.png

the Find Queen Amelie is active, so that can't be the issue. Besides, I spent hours wondering about New Krodar trying to find some solution, there isn't anything living moving there except dwarven troops.

Sneaksie
02-08-2013, 08:31 AM
A hotfix has been applied to the game, it should fix the following issues:

- Monsters not reacting to Christa's Gift
- Freeze in a battle if a player hero has Concentration skill level 2 or higher
- Corpse disease spread in a wrong way
- Totem of Life did not function properly

marko207
02-08-2013, 09:56 AM
My guess would be the first picture is while under the Wanderer scroll effect Insane Rage, it adds 30 rage for 2 battles.

No, it isn't that. On previous saves i also have high rage pool. Only logical explanation would be that Rage wells which gives +5 rage (more or less) is not working right or it haves duration that depends on time/battle counts or what ever...
I thought that when u visit once that Rage well, that it gives u permanent upgrade to your rage pool, maybe i was wrong.

P.S. sorry for my english :)

BaZERGer
02-08-2013, 02:23 PM
As you can see http://s3.postimage.org/aexawp3zn/screen_130205_004.png

the Find Queen Amelie is active, so that can't be the issue. Besides, I spent hours wondering about New Krodar trying to find some solution, there isn't anything living moving there except dwarven troops.

Yes, it's active, but unless you've actualy killed the 5 heroes, it seems it won't change to show:
"Destroy the advance units of the undead: Destroyed x/5"
"Wait for news from Kordar concerning Queen Amelie."

Though while on the quest to kill the 5 undead heroes, you will be able to ask King Digor about the message, which he will say he hasn't recieved answer from yet.

If the issue is that you haven't been able to initiate the conversation with King Digor where he tells you to kill the undead, then the 5 hero units you need to kill likely won't be spawned. I remember the first 2 being just through the gate to the mine, one just to the right of it, and a hanging left from the gate you run into a ghost called Whisper shortly after.

omegaweapon
02-10-2013, 08:58 AM
also in "feast of spirits" quest, in quest log there is nothing about reward of the quest, however later i find out that i get 6 runes of magic.

there is also another bug (sort of exploit) when you offer items to Valkyries you can save items, it seems item offer dose not saved in save games, but it is saved in current game cookies

for example: 1 of the valkiers need 4 item to lvl up, you create a save, donate 3 items then load the game, offer 1 more item and Valkyrie lvl up, anyone else experienced this?

ilayda
02-13-2013, 08:57 AM
also in "feast of spirits" quest, in quest log there is nothing about reward of the quest, however later i find out that i get 6 runes of magic.

there is also another bug (sort of exploit) when you offer items to valkiers you can save items, it seems item offer dose not saved in save games, but it is saved in current game cookies

for example: 1 of the valkiers need 4 item to lvl up, you create a save offer 3 item then load the game offer 1 more item and valkier lvl up, anyone else experianced this?
I experienced this . It works me without no problem.

asimovfr
02-14-2013, 06:20 AM
New one to submit... :(

A bit of description first : I'm playing as a Viking, lvl 46. As for the main quest, I'm located in Arlania, just talked to Archmage Rezo, have to "Stop Guilford". I'm not sure this info is valuable but who knows....

A new bug occured last week (after the penultimate patch). It occurs very often when I play with orcs, (not seen with humans nor elves) :

Goblins shamans
Shamans
Orc chieftains
Veteran Orcs
Goblins with catapults

During the fights, at the beginning of a turn (2nd, 3rd, 4th, never the same), the hourglass icon keeps on turning and turning again... as though the game A.I. is freezed in some infinite loop function.... and all I can do is reload my saved game (I would like to thank the F5 Quick Save creator ;) ..). Sometimes playing the same fight again will be ok, and sometimes the bug occurs again....

I think it happens when I fight against undead, but I might be wrong, since I had a lot of undead armies to defeat recently, and very few others...

Hope the developpers will have a look at that, it became very annoying...

jake21
02-14-2013, 11:46 AM
Oh i get 'stuck' in combat all the time. Not really a new bug; one easy way to get there is place a chest using rage skill that is blocked from the next attacker. Then of course the ai gets stuck most of the time and yuo ahve to exit and reload. While that one is common there are other ways to confuse the ai into an endless loop of being stuck.

New one to submit... :(

A bit of description first : I'm playing as a Viking, lvl 46. As for the main quest, I'm located in Arlania, just talked to Archmage Rezo, have to "Stop Guilford". I'm not sure this info is valuable but who knows....

A new bug occured last week (after the penultimate patch). It occurs very often when I play with orcs, (not seen with humans nor elves) :

Goblins shamans
Shamans
Orc chieftains
Veteran Orcs
Goblins with catapults

During the fights, at the beginning of a turn (2nd, 3rd, 4th, never the same), the hourglass icon keeps on turning and turning again... as though the game A.I. is freezed in some infinite loop function.... and all I can do is reload my saved game (I would like to thank the F5 Quick Save creator ;) ..). Sometimes playing the same fight again will be ok, and sometimes the bug occurs again....

I think it happens when I fight against undead, but I might be wrong, since I had a lot of undead armies to defeat recently, and very few others...

Hope the developpers will have a look at that, it became very annoying...

asimovfr
02-14-2013, 01:43 PM
Really weird, Jake, since I'm sure I was not stuck that way 15 days ago, and moreover it only happens with orcs (that's one intel I'm really sure of...).

I will check the "rage chest" explanation tonight... what do you mean by "that is blocked from the next attacker" ? Do you mean you have to drop it off just beside the next attacking mob ? My bug only occurs at the very beginning of a turn, not during a turn, that would mean I might not have the same loop as you :( ....

Anyway, is there any "log file" that can be activated in the game ?? Or any file I could transmit to anybody for debugging ?

jake21
02-14-2013, 09:02 PM
You put it in a location where the next attacker (who meets the requirement to pick up the chest) can't reach it. Note that if you have the beta patches I'm told that the recent one broke the chest completely and attackers will no longer pick it up at all.

Really weird, Jake, since I'm sure I was not stuck that way 15 days ago, and moreover it only happens with orcs (that's one intel I'm really sure of...).

I will check the "rage chest" explanation tonight... what do you mean by "that is blocked from the next attacker" ? Do you mean you have to drop it off just beside the next attacking mob ? My bug only occurs at the very beginning of a turn, not during a turn, that would mean I might not have the same loop as you :( ....

Anyway, is there any "log file" that can be activated in the game ?? Or any file I could transmit to anybody for debugging ?

roppetoppe
02-14-2013, 11:12 PM
The game has been running smoothly until today. I played just now for maybe 2 hours and it crashed to desktop about 5 times. Any idea?

camelotcrusade
02-15-2013, 06:25 PM
Just read through what I've missed and it doesn't seem like too much since the hotfix. Let me know if you guys are still getting issues with anything that's been fixed per these hotfix notes (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpost.php?p=496881&postcount=1055).

Otherwise it looks like people are having hangups during combat and there's a problem where offering gifts to valkyries and then loading it does not reset the counter for how many gifts you have. Did I miss anything else?

RE hangups, another potential cause is old mods installed. Look inside your folders (typically King`s Bounty - Warriors of the North\sessions\addon) and make sure you're not using any old .kfs packs with .lua files inside of them. For example, I was using the mod to show you spell upgrade information in a tooltip but I didn't realize it had old lua files packed into it. Once I got rid of it, no more hangups.

misterperson
02-18-2013, 11:14 AM
I apologize if this ends up in the wrong place, but I couldn't think of a better spot to post it, and no one else appears to have encountered the same issue recently.

Ever since the most recent steam patch, my current savegame (created on build 6250, the one released on Dec 6th) has not been awarding the proper amount of experience for a completed battle. I've instead been getting a very, very small amount of experience regardless of the size of the battle I complete. Loading previous saves have all encountered the same bug. I have not attempted to start a new game. Not long after launch, I heard of someone having a similar issue after obtaining the "Learning" talent. My current savegame does have rank 3 of learning, but I had never encountered this bug beforehand.

Is this bug at all fixable, or should I look to be starting a new game again? I can provide exact details about XP awards and/or the savegame file, if that's needed.

flsxm
02-19-2013, 06:54 AM
Hi,
I'm flsxm, a fan of king's bounty from China. I really love King's bounty.
I bought all the King's bounty games(Legend, Princess,Crossworld and WoTN) from steam, and the WoTN is Valhalla Edition! You can understand how I love your KB series!
However, this series have a common problem to me. The characters seem too small in my laptop. So, I bought a 29-inch Monitor (Dell UltraSharp U2913WM) to play my favorite games. When I got my big monitor, I was happy to see what will happen. Sadly, WoTN cannot support 2560*1080......
It's making me kinda angry. Heroes VI can support, Disciples III rebirth can support, Victoria II and Crusade Kings II can support, Even Heroes V can support!!
Please help me! If this is not an exceedingly difficult technological problem, please support this resolution. I bought this monitor for WoTN, and other games have supported this resolution.
I hope WoTN Dev can see this topic, and give me reply ASAP. Thanks!

Verainko
02-20-2013, 01:51 AM
Hi,
I'm flsxm, a fan of king's bounty from China. I really love King's bounty.
I bought all the King's bounty games(Legend, Princess,Crossworld and WoTN) from steam, and the WoTN is Valhalla Edition! You can understand how I love your KB series!
However, this series have a common problem to me. The characters seem too small in my laptop. So, I bought a 29-inch Monitor (Dell UltraSharp U2913WM) to play my favorite games. When I got my big monitor, I was happy to see what will happen. Sadly, WoTN cannot support 2560*1080......
It's making me kinda angry. Heroes VI can support, Disciples III rebirth can support, Victoria II and Crusade Kings II can support, Even Heroes V can support!!
Please help me! If this is not an exceedingly difficult technological problem, please support this resolution. I bought this monitor for WoTN, and other games have supported this resolution.
I hope WoTN Dev can see this topic, and give me reply ASAP. Thanks!

Have you tried manually editing the game.ini file inside your "User/Documents" folder?

setf ~screenresoultionx 2560
setf ~screenresoultiony 1080

Norscan
02-20-2013, 02:18 AM
Hello

I have recently bought the game from steam, and very much enjoyed it. But after 30 or so hours in the game I've ran into a serious bug - my (total) rage points decreased by around a third or so (used to be 84 or so, then all of a sudden dropped to 50). I can't cast some of my abilities due to not having enough max rage for them.

I have no idea what triggered it. I suspect that it happened after I bought and used the spell calm rage during a battle, or after rage skill level-up I chose an upgrade for my wall of ice that increased its hp from 500 to 1000. At any rate I was wondering if it was possible to edit a hex or a value in my save file that would revert my rage points to what they were before, as my character is very much martial oriented and relies heavily on rage skills.

I'm pretty sure that I did not change any equipment or assign a different valkyrie.

wizardelo
02-20-2013, 06:12 AM
did you use calm rage? that one is bugged, permanently removes rage

hippo
02-20-2013, 03:08 PM
Simplier is to write what isn't bugged in this game :)

Norscan
02-20-2013, 10:34 PM
did you use calm rage? that one is bugged, permanently removes rage

Yes, I said so in my post. So is there a console command that would let me get my rage points back?

Verainko
02-20-2013, 11:45 PM
Quest:

Staff of Starlight:

I'm at the final point of this quest (I've deactivated the altars and everything) and I should speak with Archmage Rezo, but even though there aren't any mages outside the tower creating the magic barrier, there is still a magic barrier that prevents me to speak with Archmage Rezo...

I'm stuck and I can't play... Any solution?

Thank you.

Verainko
02-20-2013, 11:48 PM
I apologize if this ends up in the wrong place, but I couldn't think of a better spot to post it, and no one else appears to have encountered the same issue recently.

Ever since the most recent steam patch, my current savegame (created on build 6250, the one released on Dec 6th) has not been awarding the proper amount of experience for a completed battle. I've instead been getting a very, very small amount of experience regardless of the size of the battle I complete. Loading previous saves have all encountered the same bug. I have not attempted to start a new game. Not long after launch, I heard of someone having a similar issue after obtaining the "Learning" talent. My current savegame does have rank 3 of learning, but I had never encountered this bug beforehand.

Is this bug at all fixable, or should I look to be starting a new game again? I can provide exact details about XP awards and/or the savegame file, if that's needed.

I've exactly the same problem. I've "solved" it by removing (sadly) the hotfix :(

misterperson
02-21-2013, 02:48 AM
How would I go about removing the hotfix? A few quick looks around the forum (and google) don't reveal anything very helpful, and none of the files in the folder stick out to me as what I'm looking for, other than perhaps "patch_001.kfs" which doesn't appear to contain any relevant stuff. The "Betas" tab on the steam properties appears to be promising, but I'd rather not go around mucking with files I don't entirely comprehend.

I would deeply appreciate a brief tutorial on how to temporarily remove the hotfix, whenever you can spare the time.

Verainko
02-21-2013, 12:49 PM
How would I go about removing the hotfix? A few quick looks around the forum (and google) don't reveal anything very helpful, and none of the files in the folder stick out to me as what I'm looking for, other than perhaps "patch_001.kfs" which doesn't appear to contain any relevant stuff. The "Betas" tab on the steam properties appears to be promising, but I'd rather not go around mucking with files I don't entirely comprehend.

I would deeply appreciate a brief tutorial on how to temporarily remove the hotfix, whenever you can spare the time.

By hotfix I mean the "addon_arena.lua" file you put under sessions/addon. Simply, move it to a different folder (or delete it) :)

misterperson
02-21-2013, 11:07 PM
The only instance of Addon_arena.lua I found in my addons folder is inside ses.kfs, and removing that file causes everything to deal zero damage and kill the targeted stack anyway. It hangs on trying to cast spells or abilities that affect more than one hex.

Amusing, but it's a bit of an issue if I want to keep playing the game. I'll try messing around with the steam beta versions tab and report back.

[EDIT]: I've successfully fixed the experience gain bug by using the steam betas feature to return to the November 12th build.

roppetoppe
02-25-2013, 08:44 PM
why is the game crashing at the runorm fight? what have I missed? is there a patch for this or something?

thanks

flsxm
02-26-2013, 05:31 AM
Have you tried manually editing the game.ini file inside your "User/Documents" folder?

setf ~screenresoultionx 2560
setf ~screenresoultiony 1080

It does not work...:(

mcpilz
02-26-2013, 08:07 PM
i cant complete the game cause theres a bug causing my units to die instantly. often a fireball smashes my army and deals 0 damage to a unit, it dies instantly. why does this keep happening??? cant kill the giant boss in Riftland... very disappointing, i can upload a video if u want to see it happening. Another bug, Mistas Lighting, if it isnt in the range of an enemy the battle freezes... so stupid.
plz help guys!

jack the jester
02-27-2013, 09:53 AM
There must be some major bug differencies between the physical copy and the one bought on Steam. I myself have a physical copy of the game (so called Valhalla Edition), and I haven't been noticed quite any of these bugs people keep telling here. Sometimes very rare the game crashes, but for example it never freezes. And also the rage abilities are working fine, even Christa's Gift, which many here have been telling that enemies ignore it

Does anyone else here Valhalla Edition, and does it work on you also? Or is this just my own imagination :grin:

FaantBoy501
02-27-2013, 11:06 AM
Well I also have the Valhalla Edition, well through Steam that is, but I also have the feeling that its working quite well. Maybe this will change, am only at lvl 8 now so... Who knows... I have version 1.3.1 Build 6250

Gargoroth
02-27-2013, 04:55 PM
yeah, i have Valhalla Editiion 1.3.1 build 6250, it's work well, but when i enter the catacombs, and fight againts mobs there, it'll crash if i let the mobs escape,
anyone have same problems like that?

mcpilz
03-01-2013, 11:44 AM
maybe your right, its full of bugs, like i said, cant complete the game...wtf so sad :(

PennyT18
03-01-2013, 09:50 PM
I see where some rage abilities not triggering in auto combat has been reported but I'm seeing some really weird stuff since the last patch - I've got build 6250.

Olaf, Christa and Gudrida do not trigger in auto combat. Loki, Hilda, Regina and Mista will trigger but sometimes either Regina or Mista will trigger twice within the same turn. This might be all part of the same bug but I don't see it reported in the list.

drclavel
03-02-2013, 08:05 PM
Please anyone, help me.. I'm getting kinda frustrated. Here's the thing.
I've been playing for a while now and I got stuck. I have all the map revealed, followed the main tasks as they appeared. Now I'm stuck at getting Vikings and Elves on my side. My journal tells me to find out why orcs fight Vikings on the last island. I have talked to the Viking-governor but he told me nothing substantial. I have fought ALL the enemies I could find there. I did all the side tasks (apart from killing the black unicorn, which must be bugged, cos in fact I did kill it, but my game won't ackowledge it...). And I'm stuck. There's just nothing else I can do. Queen Amelie is nowhere to be found too. What do I do? Is it a bug? How do I fix it? I can't complete the game.
If my explanation isn't clear enough I can post my saves here - I don't want anybody to do things for me, just diagnose this...

jack the jester
03-03-2013, 02:52 PM
Please anyone, help me.. I'm getting kinda frustrated. Here's the thing.
I've been playing for a while now and I got stuck. I have all the map revealed, followed the main tasks as they appeared. Now I'm stuck at getting Vikings and Elves on my side. My journal tells me to find out why orcs fight Vikings on the last island. I have talked to the Viking-governor but he told me nothing substantial. I have fought ALL the enemies I could find there. I did all the side tasks (apart from killing the black unicorn, which must be bugged, cos in fact I did kill it, but my game won't ackowledge it...). And I'm stuck. There's just nothing else I can do. Queen Amelie is nowhere to be found too. What do I do? Is it a bug? How do I fix it? I can't complete the game.
If my explanation isn't clear enough I can post my saves here - I don't want anybody to do things for me, just diagnose this...

I think somebody else here have stucked at this point too, and think this is a bug. But it isn't..

The viking governor on the island doesn't tell any substantial, because he doesn't know what's the problem with orcs. You have to speak with orc leader's wife Fronta. Her tent is just a little bit north from the tent of the leader Uch-Ygyr, near the tavern. She tells you, that her husband has been falling under some evil spell. And after this when you speak with the leader, you got an option to fight with him to break the spell, and proceed the game..

Fronta's tent isn't marked with circle on top, and that's why it's hard to notice although it's part of the main quest. This could be bug, I don't know. I also stucked some moment at this point, because wasn't sure what on earth I'm supposed to do

drclavel
03-03-2013, 02:54 PM
I think somebody else here have stucked at this point too, and think this is a bug. But it isn't..

The viking governor on the island doesn't tell any substantial, because he doesn't know what's the problem with orcs. You have to speak with orc leader's wife Fronta. Her tent is just a little bit north from the tent of the leader Uch-Ygyr, near the tavern. She tells you, that her husband has been falling under some evil spell. And after this when you speak with the leader, you got an option to fight with him to break the spell, and proceed the game..

Fronta's tent isn't marked with green circle on top, and that's why it's hard to find although it's part of the main quest. This could be bug, I don't know. I also stucked some moment at this point, because wasn't sure what on earth I'm supposed to do

Yea, but that tent is empty in my game... has been ever since. Now what?:(

jack the jester
03-03-2013, 03:10 PM
Yea, but that tent is empty in my game... has been ever since. Now what?:(

Yes, first tent is empty, but the next tent before the tavern is Fronta's tent. It's also marked on the map of the island by name Fronta's tent

wolfing
03-03-2013, 04:12 PM
I'm stuck at around the same point, not with that part, but one in which I'm supposed to put a flag in a castle. I killed the orcs there, and the viking castle has the 'quest complete' flag on it, but the king won't say anything about it. Also, he's supposed to give me a dress for that so that quest is stuck, and I think after that the orc king is supposed to ally with me, so that is stuck too.
Is there some console command to fix this?

drclavel
03-03-2013, 07:03 PM
Yes, first tent is empty, but the next tent before the tavern is Fronta's tent. It's also marked on the map of the island by name Fronta's tent

Sweet Jesus, thanks a lot! Just completed the game, what a relief! :)

mcpilz
03-03-2013, 09:23 PM
i managed to capture a pic of the same bug annoying me ever since....
take a look at the 70 paladins (in the down left) dying of 0 damage? plz help! someone has the same problem?

camelotcrusade
03-06-2013, 04:39 PM
As you've probably noticed, I'm not playing right now. Doesn't look like there have been any new patches (too bad) though if I'm reading things right there is a new version (Valhalla edition).

Does anybody know if that new edition and the standard edition are running the same build and version? If they are, we can use the same bug list for both. if they aren't, a new thread may be needed. Once I find out what's up, I can add some of the newer bugs that are being discussed. Otherwise we have to keep them separate... ugh.

PS... Calm Rage, hasn't that been fixed already? That was supposed to be fixed in Patch 2 back in November, at least for the standard version.

Totoro
03-06-2013, 05:00 PM
yeah sucks... it's been three weeks since last update.

B3T
03-06-2013, 05:52 PM
I think there will be no more updates:evil:
Support for this Game is a bad joke ! :evil:

Handel
03-06-2013, 06:15 PM
I think there will be no more updates:evil:

That is a good news indeed. Because every update makes the game more and more unplayable.

Greywolf
03-06-2013, 09:16 PM
Version 1.3.1 (Build 6250)

Druids attack indicates slow on targeted enemy through animation, but not slow effect is applied either in enemy status block or through reduced action points ?

B3T
03-07-2013, 10:32 AM
That is a good news indeed. Because every update makes the game more and more unplayable.
Well, you could have a point...

infael
03-09-2013, 04:24 PM
King Asvald doesn't see that I have Odin's flag. I upgraded from Horn of Odin banner to Odin's Flag. The flag doesn't identify as a quest item.

Sneaksie
03-11-2013, 01:55 PM
King Asvald doesn't see that I have Odin's flag. I upgraded from Horn of Odin banner to Odin's Flag. The flag doesn't identify as a quest item.

I was told this is working as intended. The king wanted the original item, but you chose to upgrade it instead to use yourself. No big deal, this is an optional quest.

DarknessFell
03-12-2013, 03:22 AM
Hey guys :D First time here and have a slight problem with christas gift not always working properly(sometimes it triggers sometimes no)...so what i want to know is the lua file that controls it so that i can try and mod it a bit...thanks in advance:cool:

BB Shockwave
03-13-2013, 06:55 PM
Well, caved in and started playing the Valhalla edition. At least the horrible crash-at-first-battle bugs are fixed, but there are still quite a few...

-Christa's gift leaves enemies woefully unaffected. HOW could they have missed this during testing? If there was even any testing...
- Ice Wall - a nifty ability, but imagine my surprise when my Berserkers, after using the ability Berserk, instead of going for the undead enemy within their reach, went out of their way to go and attack the Wall! WTF?!?
- Skald (unit) - Pangs of Conscience is quite overpowered. I still don't get how much bonus the Skalds get for leadership, but once after attacking an enemy that previously did 17 damage in its last attack, my 25-something Skalds hit them for 107 damage... Huh.
-Speaking of the Ice Wall again - when the enemy Necromancers attacked my unit behind it, and damaged the Wall, it retaliated hitting them - on the other side of the screen. I am fairly sure it's not supposed to do that... Or is it a ranged attack Wall?
-Call Colossus: Once I got the first such scroll, I kept trying to use it (via the usual 'Spider Egg' method) to get me some Jotuns... to no avail. After checking the spells_adv.lua file, I found out why - they are oddly missing from the "Giant Birth" spell's logic, as are Ancient Ents. But even more oddly, Ents (even thought they are not Level 5) are included. I posted a solution in the bugfix thread.

DarknessFell
03-13-2013, 08:56 PM
@ BB Shockwave is there any solution to christas gift?sometimes it works sometimes it doesnt....kinda weird

BB Shockwave
03-13-2013, 11:33 PM
@ BB Shockwave is there any solution to christas gift?sometimes it works sometimes it doesnt....kinda weird

It works sometimes? I dunno, never worked for me... then again I mostly tried it against undead and beasts (since there is little else on the first islands, darn this game is soooo linear) - maybe it only affects humans/humanoids? Someone needs to check the logic file of the skill....

Found another bug - Jotun has "Greed" which supposed to raise his morale +10 after it kills a troop. Except, this doesn't happen...

DarknessFell
03-14-2013, 12:25 AM
It works sometimes? I dunno, never worked for me... then again I mostly tried it against undead and beasts (since there is little else on the first islands, darn this game is soooo linear) - maybe it only affects humans/humanoids? Someone needs to check the logic file of the skill....

Found another bug - Jotun has "Greed" which supposed to raise his morale +10 after it kills a troop. Except, this doesn't happen...

Hmmm...i remember it working against skeletons and regular zombies...and a human stack too(cant remember its type though)...is there a lua file or something that controls its logic?

BB Shockwave
03-14-2013, 06:25 AM
There probably is - I could not find it yet.

DarknessFell
03-14-2013, 12:39 PM
Ok..guess we'll both have to keep lookin :mrgreen:on a side a note:it worked on a phantom pirate in fastland and worked on a dwarf miner while upgrading boots...but it seems to be very random at best

BB Shockwave
03-14-2013, 01:14 PM
I read it here on the forums that it's supposed to put an "effect icon" (little red triangle appears) on the troops in the vicinity - can you confirm that? For me, no icon appears even if I put the coins right next to the enemy. Currently I can only use the skill to block enemy passage when Wall of blades is reloading, and to get some extra cash.

Btw, another bug - I think - is that I never see a message saying "Olaf gained X experience" after using rage skills. The skills level up, and I see the experience gained after battles in the "details", but AP/CW got me used to seeing how much XP a skill gives - and even how much it WILL give when mousing over it, so this is a step back.

DarknessFell
03-14-2013, 02:01 PM
I read it here on the forums that it's supposed to put an "effect icon" (little red triangle appears) on the troops in the vicinity - can you confirm that? For me, no icon appears even if I put the coins right next to the enemy. Currently I can only use the skill to block enemy passage when Wall of blades is reloading, and to get some extra cash.

Btw, another bug - I think - is that I never see a message saying "Olaf gained X experience" after using rage skills. The skills level up, and I see the experience gained after battles in the "details", but AP/CW got me used to seeing how much XP a skill gives - and even how much it WILL give when mousing over it, so this is a step back.

Yeah it puts an effect icon (the little red debuff triangle but even with that it triggers randomly) and if you right click an enemy it shows a treasure icon in its status indicating a greed debuff i think.
As for gaining rage xp it my skills level up but i never see any messages indicating xp gained :D

BB Shockwave
03-14-2013, 11:06 PM
Guess then mine doesn't even do that as no such debuff icons appears.... And I am using version 1.31 Build 6520.

DarknessFell
03-15-2013, 12:04 PM
I'm using the same build as you...still looking into the lua files :D
Any help would be appreciated my good sir :)

BB Shockwave
03-15-2013, 08:41 PM
Okay, another bug extravaganza!!! :(

- The Ice Minion and the Ice Ball are immune to magic, despite not having the "Magic Immunity" ability. They have 80% magic resistance, and you cannot target them directly with spells. However - bug #2...
- ...cast Ice Snakes next to them, and it will affect them. Ice Snakes is supposed to heal "Ice Creation" units, right? WRONG - it hurts them. Heck, it even makes Ice Minions bleed, despite, well, them not having any blood. Sigh...
- Justice spell is an instant desktop crash, no matter what I do. Not that it'd be an useful spell, but still...
- Further idiocies with Christa's Gift - I managed to make it work in one battle only - against Pirate Ghosts. They will run for the coins every time, but... the "Greed" icon does not appear on them. In contrast, Greed appears as an icon on some enemies, it seems to be totally random, and they never pick up the coins.
- Spells and Rage skills sometimes do Critical hits, even though I have not invested a single point in the Might skill that's supposed to raise Rage skill critical chance. I'm pretty sure that's not supposed to happen.
- Warrior Maidens have the ability Messenger of the Gods - supposedly gives allied Vikings +1 initiative, this doesn't happen. Maybe they meant 'Vikings' as in the Level 2 unit?

DarknessFell
03-16-2013, 08:51 AM
I guess we need feedback from one of the devs as this is turning into a mess :D any luck with the lua files?i suspected arena.lua but no luck

BB Shockwave
03-16-2013, 12:07 PM
I found out why Ice Snakes does not heal Ice Minions or Ice Spiders - this is not in the spell description, but according to spells.txt, only the middle cell receives Cold damage, the neighbouring cells receive Physical damage. Also, Winter Dance does Physical damage, too... oddly.

I guess we need feedback from one of the devs as this is turning into a mess :D any luck with the lua files?i suspected arena.lua but no luck

Oh trust me, this was worse last November. At least the game doesn't crash in every battle now... (I'm being sarcastic, of course). But then again, this is a common trend these days, releasing half-finished strategy games. Look at HOMM VI... I'm sorry to admit that my countrymen made that game, to their defense, Ubisoft pushed them for an early release and basically neutered their game ideas.

BB Shockwave
03-16-2013, 02:07 PM
A new bug, and thankfully, a revelation that one "bug" from my above list is not a bug at all...

- Oddly, the Jarl's talent Encouragement doesn't work on Ice Minions. They are Level 2, and the Magic Immunity should not be a problem since other Talents work on them fine...

-As stated above, I found out that Ice Snakes does Cold damage in the center, and Physical in the 6 hexes next to it. What I now realized is that yes, you can use it to heal Ice Dragons, Ice Minions, Ice Spiders and the Ice Ball - despite them being Magic Immune (save for Ice Spiders), but the spell will only let you target them if they are damaged already. See attached screenshot - the Ice Dragons will be healed for the damage they have suffered, but the Ice Minions standing next to them will be hurt because the splinters inflict Physical damage.
Sadly the spell doesn't resurrect Ice Creatures, only heals them, but hey, still there is a way to heal your Ice Dragons now, right? :)

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y139/BB_Shockwave/IceDragonhealing.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y139/BB_Shockwave/IceDragonhealing.jpg

DarknessFell
03-16-2013, 02:21 PM
As much as i'm pissed by all the bugs i just love this game...note to devs:please fix it and give us more Kings bounty love in this and future titles :D

mcpilz
03-16-2013, 04:28 PM
They re not fixing it,i bet, last update was January...
Is it so hard to just make a bugfix patch? dont know if ill buy future KB games :confused:

BB Shockwave
03-16-2013, 05:58 PM
Why should they bother if the fans are doing it for free? See also Age of Wonders... they only made 2 patches, then abandoned it, fans made like, 5 patches since then.

It's a testament that a game is basically good if us gullible chaps are investing our hard-earned leasure time to fixing it. I'm admitting, I am just as guilty as many others of this. Maybe if we sat back and made a promise not to buy their next game unless they ensure there are no bugs... But frankly, I could probably not restrain myself from buying it...

DarknessFell
03-16-2013, 08:55 PM
The game is indeed bugged and sometimes infuriating, but its so damn fun that one may overlook its shortcomings over its good points

Xervis
03-16-2013, 11:01 PM
I found a Crash to Desktop bug; when asking the bird Rind (the scroll writing bird) if he is hungry and trying to feed him an Ent sprout it causes an instant CtD. I don't even know what feeding him does. I know that feeding him thorn seeds doesn't seem to do anything...

hippo
03-17-2013, 07:10 AM
Release date was 26.10.2012. I'm still waiting to buy this bugged game. Why developers don't want my money?

Xervis
03-17-2013, 06:32 PM
I don't know if this was addressed already but I can't upgrade items. I can fight the item to do the actual upgrade, but when the fight is over, the item is still in it's base form.

BB Shockwave
03-18-2013, 04:51 AM
I found a Crash to Desktop bug; when asking the bird Rind (the scroll writing bird) if he is hungry and trying to feed him an Ent sprout it causes an instant CtD. I don't even know what feeding him does. I know that feeding him thorn seeds doesn't seem to do anything...

If you feed him Thorn sprouts (after asking him to write a scroll and fighting 5 battles) he may finish the scroll after the sixth battle (otherwise, only after 10 battles). I don't know what an ent sprout would do, now you made me curious...

Gza
03-23-2013, 03:03 PM
Catapult hangs when the explosives and he wants to blow up, or the enemy, the game will stop functioning. Throw into Windows.
Jotun greed ability does not work.

Asutaka
04-02-2013, 02:53 PM
I got odin's flag from fastland and quest says take odin's flag from triskele to king asvald. what is triskele? king asvald castle is shining like quest complete but nothing happens when i try to talk with him, plz help!!../..

F-kid
04-02-2013, 03:31 PM
When assassins are mind-controlled by enemy and kill something using their second ability (which gives them another turn to backstab) they will not do anything and the battle can not continue because they didn't finish their turn.

pr0
04-09-2013, 12:37 PM
Having loaded the game today I no longer have enough leadership for any of my stacks of units - nothing has changed in my equipment or skills to explain this. Having loaded previous games it appears the problem affects saves all the way back to the Viking Islands suggesting they have possibly "fixed" the Jarl skill resulting in stacks going out of control.

Could someone else possibly check what's happening with their game please.

Sneaksie
04-10-2013, 11:33 AM
Here are some comments from the developers regarding the bug list and the latest update.

Hero Skills

Jarl skill adding its bonuses together: It should give 1% more leadership at level 1, 3% at level 2, and 5% at level 3. Instead it gives 1% at level 1, 4% (1%+3%) at level 2, and 9% (1%+3%+5%) at level 3. If this is intentional the description should be updated to say bonuses are cumulative.

Fixed
Warriors of Valhalla works on plot kills: When the story/plot takes away an entire troop it Warriors of Valhalla will still resurrect those troops, as well as bring back the stack that was taken away. This lets you keep the stack of units when you aren't supposed to have them anymore.

Can't be fixed

Olaf and Valkyrie Rage Abilities
No Olaf Rage skills used in autocombat: We are not seeing Olaf use his personal rage skills in autocombat. Is this intentional?

Simple - AI doesn't select them because it values other attacks more

Text, Menus and Tooltips
Note: An unofficial mod that clarifies various descriptions and tooltips is available here (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=35514). It fixes a large number of small errors in descriptions and tooltips which are listed in that thread instead of below. Items in green below refer to this mod, not the unofficial fixes by Bhuric.
[LIST=1]
Optimization module resistance: Build 6250. The description of the item Optimization Module [droid_card_best] should be changed from "+25% Resistance of Droids"
to "+25% Magic Resistance to Droids." Source: rbonus=magic,25,0,0,-100,0,0.

Description text changed
Ogre Club description is incomplete: Build 6250. The ogre club should fully read: +4 Attack and +20% Physical Damage to Ogres, Trolls, Orc Chieftains, Jotuns, and Giants.

Description text changed
Inquisitors do more damage than listed to undead: Build 6250. It appears inquisitors have an undocumented 30% damage bonus to undead.

Description says they have a damage bonus against undead.

Units & Unit Abilities

Assassin murder ability hangs up game: Build 6250. When AI uses Assassins and succeed with the "Murder" skill, the AI sits and does nothing despite having an extra free turn. Also happens in build 6246 so the bug may have been there for a while.

Fixed
True Believer should account for Persuasion: Build 6250. The paladin ability "True Believer" gives +3 morale with an undead in the army to offset the -3 penalty. However, if you have the Persuasion skill (which reduces the morale penalty) you still get a +3 bonus. This can lead to situations where you actually have positive (rather than neutral) morale with a paladin+undead+persuasion.

Fixed
Bone dragon eat corpse affecting all enemies: Build 6250. When a bone dragon eats a corpse, it makes every unit on the field "timid" (lowers initiative by 1). The description says it makes any monster < level 4 go into "fear" for 2 rounds.

Description text changed
Friendly fire does excessive damage on critical hits: When your units are hit by friendly fire (for example by Red dragon flame trail) and there is a critical hit, they take more damage than expected. For example, a red dragon flame trail hits a friendly black dragon for 22 damage normally, but for over 900 damage on a critical hit. Is it ignoring resistances and/or hero attributes?

Couldn't be reproduced
Powder Keg problems: Kill priority on exploding barrels is so high that enemy units cannot wait to hit them and kill themselves. Is this intentional? Update: Build 6249. Powder Kegs have 0/1 hp and explode instantly upon starting combat or appearing in combat.

Fixed more than a month ago
Ogre adrenaline issues: +1 speed for adrenaline level 3 does not work when combined with the artifact Ogre Sandle, both of which should give +1 speed. Adrenaline level 1 ability to damage the unit behind the target doesn't appear to work.

Couldn't be reproduced
Goblin Commander ability works on inquisitors: This ability says it will give another action to a selected goblin unit so they can move once again in the same round (similiar to paladin skill). However, it works on human inquisitors

Couldn't be reproduced
Witch Hunters mind immunity doesn't work: Despite having mind immunity listed Witch Hunters are still succeptible to mind spells.

Fixed more than a month ago
Royal Griffon summon problem: If an AI Royal Griffon has no space to summon a Celestial Guard stack, it will still try a few times before doing something else. Each time it tries, you'll get an error message "There is no valid target for that spell."

Fixed
Swordsman's Prudence has residual Caution: The Swordsman ability Prudence says that it gains extra defense after losing a certain amount of health. However, the tooltip calls it "Caution" which was the old ability it had to dodge attacks at low health. The caution effect is still happening.

Should be fixed now
Skalds also dodging due to Caution: The Skald's Caution ability says they gain extra defense after losing a certain amount of health. This time, the tooltip is correct, but just like above they are dodging attacks when they have low health (which is not stated as part of the ability in the description but happening anyway).

Should be fixed now
Goblin Shaman Threads of Life issues: First, you cannot dispel it. Second, it affects enemy troops, life linking one of them to one of yours (so when the enemy gets hit, so do you).

This is intentional, you can life link enemy troops to yours to activate some of their damage-activated abilities for example
Dwarven statue battle obstacle can kill itself: If an enemy is too close to the statue when it casts ice snake it can kill itself via this spell. This was not happening in previous Titles.

These obstacles deal 0 damage to themselves now.
Highterant eggs in occupied cells: Summoned highterrants (from Permafrost egg) are laying eggs in cells containing enemy units and the eggs become invisible and move to a non-occupied location. See details here (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpost.php?p=477026&postcount=346). Furthermore, if you control the highterrant and try to lay the egg yourself, you may see an error about nearby enemies that is contradictory (see here (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpost.php?p=478365&postcount=489)).

Should be fixed now. In addition, egg laying algorithm has been improved.

Totoro
04-10-2013, 06:22 PM
When was the latest update?

pr0
04-10-2013, 10:54 PM
Thanks for the reply however for the powder keg it is worth noting the enemy will still attack it with melee units so I am unsure how fixed it actually is. Also "fixing" the Jarl skill without warning anyone so people suddenly lost control of armies was perhaps unnecessarily antisocial.

Sneaksie
04-11-2013, 06:43 AM
If you lost control over your army because of fixed Jarl skill, you can temporarily revert to older version (right-click on the game entry in Steam library, select Properties, then go to Beta tab and select march18build). Then run the game, load your save, sell excess troops, save the game and update again (select none at the same place).

pr0
04-11-2013, 12:39 PM
If you lost control over your army because of fixed Jarl skill, you can temporarily revert to older version (right-click on the game entry in Steam library, select Properties, then go to Beta tab and select march18build). Then run the game, load your save, sell excess troops, save the game and update again (select none at the same place).

Ah ha! Thanks for that.

jake21
04-11-2013, 04:04 PM
Sneakie do the devs intend to fix the mage/paper quest ?

camelotcrusade
04-24-2013, 06:44 PM
Hi everyone - as you may have noticed I'm not updating this thread anymore. I recommend it be closed and a new one be created.

I was glad to help get things fixed while I was playing and I never imagined when I created the bugs thread that it would become so large (and be so much work... I probably put more hours into this thread than I did into the game!).

Happy gaming to all and good luck with the bugs. :)

Sneaksie
04-25-2013, 12:52 PM
Thank you camelotcrusade. Thread is now not sticky since the bugs in the list may be fixed already.

jake21
04-25-2013, 02:25 PM
Does this mean that most of the open bugs as of patch 5 (last patch) will not be fixed ?

Thank you camelotcrusade. Thread is now not sticky since the bugs in the list may be fixed already.

tiberiu
04-26-2013, 08:41 AM
This game is awesome, but currently broken and unplayable. I will come back in 2 years and maybe until then somebody will have created adequate patches. It is such a shame. I will definetly never again buy any games from companies that treat the end user like garbage, takes his money then spits in his face with patches that worsen the game.

camelotcrusade
04-26-2013, 09:54 PM

You're welcome. Thanks for all the patch notes and helping us report the bugs to the developers, Sneaksie. If new players want to take on any remaining bugs I hope you'll continue to support them.

akbarthegamers
05-27-2013, 02:37 PM
the games doest not have bug anymore :-P

i play this game and work so well

hippo
05-28-2013, 06:37 AM
Are you sure? Is there a new patch?

Brian5dg
05-28-2013, 12:01 PM
This makes the skill a DETRIMENT to your character, and is a major flaw.http://meron.gcapc.com/6.jpghttp://meron.gcapc.com/7.jpghttp://meron.gcapc.com/8.jpghttp://meron.gcapc.com/9.jpg

oas
08-19-2013, 03:55 PM
Note: This post is no longer being updated. If a new post is created with up-to-date information I will link to it here.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
02-Nov: Patch 1 released, notes here (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=35620)!
09-Nov: Patch 2 released, build 6246, notes here (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpost.php?p=479349&postcount=61)!
20-Nov: Patch 3 released, build 6249, notes here (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpost.php?p=482647&postcount=77).
06-Dec: Patch 4 released, build 6250, notes here (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpost.php?p=485745&postcount=101).
29-Jan: Patch 5 released, build 6250, notes here (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpost.php?p=495956&postcount=137). A subsequent hotfix was also released, notes are here (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpost.php?p=496881&postcount=1055).
[/list]

Where can i get that hofix? i intend to start a new game and would be great to use that

1darklord
08-19-2013, 03:58 PM
In Steam at least it auto patches.

Daniel.

graffen69
09-01-2013, 05:28 AM
Indeed.
You might save yourself a lot of frustration by just buying it via Steam (personally i usually avoid buying Steam products if i can). But for this title, the international working patches seems to only be downloadable via Steam. :(
Anyways, been playing over 30 h since i bought it via Steam and not one crash. :-P

(Sorry for posting similar posts in both "Bug" Threads, but since the threads are split i thought it might help someone not checking the other)

RCh9Jense
09-23-2013, 03:32 AM
When I start a new game and the camera pans over the starting area the ocean flashes white several times.http://nexlson.wissensde.com/1.jpghttp://nexlson.wissensde.com/2.jpghttp://nexlson.wissensde.com/3.jpghttp://nexlson.wissensde.com/4.jpghttp://nexlson.wissensde.com/5.jpg

Gza
10-16-2013, 02:23 PM
When will the new patch? Always exit the game exe error when you use the goblin catapult the shaft power. You can freeze when it explodes.

1darklord
10-16-2013, 05:20 PM
I doubt we'll see any new patches, this seems to have been abandoned. Maybe a fan will make one.

Daniel.

Csimbi
10-16-2013, 05:42 PM
Without the source code, bug fixes are typically limited to fixing bugs in the scripts that can be modded.
I'm a fan, but I am still waiting for my retail Collector's edition copy instead of the Steam rubbish.

Gloomshade
05-31-2014, 09:19 PM
Ice and Fire 1.2.1

It seems the Skaald Paean ability is still bugged. It tends to freeze the game when I use it. It casts the buffs that looks like a silver-blue set of wings then hangs until I reload last saved game.

jahes64
02-03-2015, 05:22 PM
Spells[list=1]
Fading chargers: Build 6250. After using Runic Word or Chargers the balls of rage or mana become much harder to see after a few rounds. In fact, they start to turn invisible yet there are still there.

Could someone please make a fix for this bug. This bug make Charger useless after few turns. :confused:

Shadowcran
02-05-2015, 09:19 AM
Justice causes crash to Desktop 3 out of 4 times it's cast.

jahes64
02-18-2015, 01:02 AM
I just discovered that magic recipes are bugged and we lose a very very huge sum of gold when we create an item with them! ~1M instead of mentioned 4k is outrageously way tooooooooo much :mad:. I lost half of my 10M gold and noticed it when it was too late to reload!

jahes64
03-08-2015, 11:30 PM
Justice spell bug:

Justice spell was fine in early game when i used it for the first time but when i tried to used it near end of the game (i had upgraded every spell including justice to lvl 3 by then, and yet had over two hundred spare crystals, lol(in final fight i used them all to write essential spells to magic book of those stupid allies to be able to win those fight no-loss)), i always got CTD. Not sure when problem started, since i nearly never used that spell.

bugs regarding warrior maidens:

They only resurrect unit that has been died at first turn of a round.
Example: You order warrior maidens to wait. Berserkers go mad and kill enemies and suffer 5 casualties. you use Jarls and give Berserkers another turn in current round. Berserkers attack enemies for a second turn in current round and suffer 3 casualties. you use warrior maiden's resurrection ability on them, but instead of 8, only 5 of them get resurrected!

Another bug regarding them is that they do not increase initiative of allied units, as they are supposed to do.

jahes64
03-25-2015, 08:36 PM
3 more bugs i encountered:

Catapult's "fiery shot" talent is guaranteed to explode explosives at first adrenaline level, but it seems to be guaranteed to blow gremlin towers as well!

An stack of 2 catapult blew a friendly gremlin up, which had ~1700HP, while adjacent troops suffered like 10 damage. lol :grin:

Also feared opponents attack their hypnosis-ed friends regardless of their levels! I had those troops hypnosis-ed by mystics, if that counts.

And last one is that "Bless" Spell does not dispel weakness effect caused by "Loki's Touch" on Soothsayers.

jahes64
04-03-2015, 05:13 AM
Warrior Maidens do not resurrect anyone that is killed by Tirex's "Primal Fear" talent!

jahes64
04-06-2015, 06:13 AM
Other bugs regarding warrior maidens yet again.

It seems they can't resurrect people who have been killed by cyclopses.

Also there is another bug that happens if you resurrect some units with soothsayers, then some others of same stack die and you use warrior maidens resurrection talent on that unit.
For example:
We have a stack of axe throwers, enemy attack the stack and kill 1 axe thrower, we resurrect the axe thrower with soothsayers (to full health).
Next round, yet again they will be targeted by enemy stacks and 14 of them die, then we use warrior maiden's resurrection ability on them, but only 13 rise from dead! :confused:

They seem to be very buggy, i may decide not to use them in future. :-?

jahes64
04-15-2015, 08:38 PM
If you leave a single goblin shaman alive in enemy army, he repeatedly tries to use his "curse of the ancestors" talent and in return, repeatedly we get this strange msg which we have to confirm for several times (I had to do it 16 times) to disappear:

[label_gs_no_units] NF

jahes64
04-19-2015, 04:28 PM
Axe of Magic
This spell could target Black Dragons in WotN, but is fixed in Ice and Fire DLC.
However developer seem to forgot Book of Evil, Because Book of Evil CAN and ALWAYS cast this spell on Black Dragons, thus Black Dragons are still USELESS against certain enemy heroes!

jahes64
04-28-2015, 05:00 PM
Ice and fire bug:
You can't cast Magic Shackle spell on Undeads! (Necromancers can cast their Magic Shackle talent on Undeads however)

Also spell Gift does not restore Jarl's "Battle Cry" talent.

jahes64
05-20-2015, 01:24 AM
Paper for the Professor: Build 6250. Bought the paper from Rezo but the quest log wasn't updated and it can't be completed. Additional information: "If you save after accepting the quest but before getting the paper and you reload that save, the quest log will NOT be updated when you get the paper and the quest cannot be completed." More details here. A different example of how the quest is messed up is here.
Also you can't complete the quest, if you have more than one ink in your inventory!!!
Simply destroy additional ink(s) and you can complete the quest! :)

Alistair80
09-23-2017, 03:45 PM
Skill Anger after levelling on 3 level don't give me 60% rage.

webfischi
05-28-2020, 09:40 PM
It always baffels me, that I seem to be the first who encounter certain bugs.

I was probably the first who found out that the mask of envy is broken, as you can read in this post
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpost.php?p=720240&postcount=265

And today I found this weird bug, where my game froze, and I had to Alt+Tab to catch the error message, because it was somehow not allowed to be always on top... and the issue is repeatable.

https://i.imgur.com/mmYoGhl.png

This error appears, when you defeat Asteroth before you defeat his disciples. I also don't like what happens after the fight, when you upgrade an achievement from 0 to 5, you don't get a popup that it is 5 now, you get a popup for every level, plus you have to open and close the hero overview after every popup.

I'll attach the savegame, just attack Asteroth and press A for Autofight, the AI is so poorly coded, that everytime you load the save and switch to autofight, the fight runs exactly the same, including crits!

I'll hope King's Bounty 2 will be more polished...