PDA

View Full Version : Bugs Thread

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5

Bhruic
11-07-2012, 05:12 PM
Feel free to ask me any other questions hopefully you're able to repeat the problem I'm having...

I've hopefully created a fix for this, would you mind testing it out? You can download the update file(s) from here (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=35494), or if you want to implement it manually, you can find the code here (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpost.php?p=478597&postcount=153).

I tested it under a few different conditions locally and it worked fine, but secondary confirmation is always nice. ;)

Zechnophobe
11-07-2012, 05:47 PM
Blizzard spell freezes only 1 unit at best.
Luck runes don't seem to trigger 2nd turn on non-viking units.

I've had plenty of luck runes trigger on non viking units.

camelotcrusade
11-07-2012, 05:47 PM
Blizzard spell freezes only 1 unit at best.
Luck runes don't seem to trigger 2nd turn on non-viking units.

I have seen luck runes trigger on my engineers and on the alchemists, so they do work in my experience. 10% is just very rare. As for the other, do you mean the Soothsayer ability or is there a spell by this name? I don't have a full spellbook so I am not sure. If it's the Soothsayer you can find a fix here (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=35494).

camelotcrusade
11-07-2012, 05:50 PM
@Bhruic - I've added the highterrant fix and I also see the sticky request I sent in for your thread was acknowledged. :)

RE Orc Hunters agree they are kind of FUBAR. I'll update the entry soon to make it known the are displaying hidden abilities which need to be clarified. Perhaps I should make Training into it's own entry since it impacts druids, too. Do we feel pretty confident the only issue here a description issue since it appears to be a charm and not a summon?

Edit - I also removed my ses.kfs file from the bufixes thread as I think some players were using it and screwing up their games. No need for it anymore anyway.

Oji
11-07-2012, 06:04 PM
I have seen luck runes trigger on my engineers and on the alchemists, so they do work in my experience. 10% is just very rare. As for the other, do you mean the Soothsayer ability or is there a spell by this name? I don't have a full spellbook so I am not sure. If it's the Soothsayer you can find a fix here (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=35494).

Hmm, well played mostly human units after portal so far and never had a luck rune trigger, but on vikings it was very often. (well i guess i was just unlucky..the irony)
Blizzard is a spell, that does area cold damage and has freeze chance, but freeze chance always seems to affect only certain unit, depending on targeting. Ive tried looking into spell script, but couldn't figure out its freeze targeting mechanic.

Bhruic
11-07-2012, 06:15 PM
@Bhruic - I've added the highterrant fix and I also see the sticky request I sent in for your thread was acknowledged. :)

RE Orc Hunters agree they are kind of FUBAR. I'll update the entry soon to make it known the are displaying hidden abilities which need to be clarified. Perhaps I should make Training into it's own entry since it impacts druids, too. Do we feel pretty confident the only issue here a description issue since it appears to be a charm and not a summon?

Yup, I got me a sticky! ;)

As for the Orc Hunters, the discrepancy between their description and actual behaviour is a bit odd. It's similar to the "Cautious" behaviour where the description doesn't reflect reality, or with the Witch Hunter having mind immunity, but really not. What's actually happening seems like what happened in AP, but the descriptions are new. Perhaps they intended to change a bunch of units and/or abilities and then just didn't? They probably should do a complete verification of units actual abilities vs descriptions just to ensure they match.

And while I'm bugging you, "Sense Weakness activation chance" and "Shield of Rage inverse effect" are both in the Bugfix. :P Also the "Heat Focus causing crash with sound effect" was fixed in the patch, so is no longer a bug.

camelotcrusade
11-07-2012, 06:20 PM
And while I'm bugging you, "Sense Weakness activation chance" and "Shield of Rage inverse effect" are both in the Bugfix. :P Also the "Heat Focus causing crash with sound effect" was fixed in the patch, so is no longer a bug.

Great, I'll update those. I think I knew that, too... oops. :p I must have missed Heat Focus so I will mark it as patched.

Did I do the Orc Hunter / Training entries right? I am still not sure if the problem is that Training is mislabeled or if it's an ability half-transitioned to a new state and showing charateristics of both. If that's a better description of what's going on, maybe I should update Caution to better reflect what's going on, too. Then again, I can work out in my brain how it works for Caution, but not for Training. If you try to use Training and hover over an empty square, does it summon instead? Or does that only happen if the AI is using it?

Bhruic
11-07-2012, 06:22 PM
It's hard to describe the bug well when there are multiple potential problems. I suspect it's good enough, they'll be able to figure out what the problem is from there. Well, hopefully. ;)

camelotcrusade
11-07-2012, 07:27 PM
@Bhuric

I finally bought and used an Orc Hunter in combat and it seems... just fine, actually. It lists three abilities but the Snare and the Wild Call depend on their rage level. So I honestly don't see any issues with hidden abilities.

I do see that Training should say it controls vs. summons and wild call doesn't take your turn to use and probably ought to say so.

Wild Callworks just like hypnotize, actually in that you can even sacrifice what you control or cast beneficial spells on it. I also was able to stage it so the unit I controled broke control (it didn't die) to see if it becomes unattackable.... and it does. :) So I'm going to make some updates.

In other news, when you get a chance can you check out the code for the Blizzard Spell (only freezing first hex) and the Phoenix fire breath (not always igniting but description implies it does). Thanks.

Bhruic
11-07-2012, 07:32 PM
I finally bought and used an Orc Hunter in combat and it seems... just fine, actually. It lists three abilities but the Snare and the Wild Call depend on their rage level. So I honestly don't see any issues with hidden abilities.

Huh. I didn't have any to hire in my game, so I was going off an enemy Orc Hunter. It only had the one ability listed, Training. Do enemy units just not display abilities properly, or is something else going on?

I've got the "Hire any unit" mod installed for testing, so I'll try picking one up to check the difference.

edit: Yup, looking at a hireable one, I can see all 3 skills listed. Very odd. Why does the enemy one not list the other 2 abilities?

edit x2: Every enemy Orc unit is only listing 1 ability in combat. I checked some other unit types and they've got 2 (or more). Why are Orcs only listing one?

In other news, when you get a chance can you check out the code for the Blizzard Spell (only freezing first hex) and the Phoenix fire breath (not always igniting but description implies it does). Thanks.

Sure thing.

ckdamascus
11-07-2012, 07:34 PM
Christa's Gift now hangs up for me even if the unit has a clear path to the gold. I just had to bail out of two fights in a row because the unit was attracted to it and could have gone after it but just stood there while the clock kept ticking.

Yeah, mental note, NEVER UPGRADE Christa's Gift radius... EVER.

:(

Now units get stuck and it hangs too if you aren't careful

Oji
11-07-2012, 07:39 PM
Is it possible to make combat animation even faster then fastest setting? Or its hard coded? Would be great if its possible...it gets old waiting for Valkyries animation to end for 1000th time.

Bhruic
11-07-2012, 07:44 PM
the Phoenix fire breath (not always igniting but description implies it does). Thanks.

Phoenix breath burn chance depends on the level of the Phoenix. Level 1 (Young Phoenix) has a 70% burn chance. Level 2 (Adult Phoenix) has an 85% chance. And level 3 (Ancient Phoenix) has a 100% chance. So the description might be slightly misleading, but at level 3, you do get your 100% chance.

camelotcrusade
11-07-2012, 07:59 PM
Phoenix breath burn chance depends on the level of the Phoenix. Level 1 (Young Phoenix) has a 70% burn chance. Level 2 (Adult Phoenix) has an 85% chance. And level 3 (Ancient Phoenix) has a 100% chance. So the description might be slightly misleading, but at level 3, you do get your 100% chance.

Good find - I'll mention it in the language mod thread in case Zech wnts to mention the burn chance goes up with power level.

RE Orcs, I am alt-tabbed and fighting a battle using Orcs right now. Some observations:

My blood shaman shows nothing but River of Blood, but if you hover over his ability "Adrenaline" it lists out three special powers. You'd never know he had them until you got the right level of adrenaline. During the fight, he got enough for Rage Totem, and voila, there it appears.
In contrast, my Orc Hunter shows Wild Call right away whether he has enough adrenaline to use it or not. Furthermore, the unattackable unit things wasn't reported right. What actually happens is the hunter can't attack anything once the control wears off.
My orc chieftan, similar to the blood shaman, mentions talents given by adrenaline but doesn't show the icon until he has enough adrenaline to use them.

So if I can state a general bug it would be that most orc units don't display adrenaline talents until they are avaialble. Is it possible to find what lets us see the Hunter's talents and apply it to all of the orcs? It would be nice to actually read what your powers are even when they aren't applicable yet. Did it work that way in KBAP?

Bhruic
11-07-2012, 08:03 PM
Hmm, that could be the case, it doesn't display the abilities if they don't have the adrenaline for them. That's a bad way of doing it, imo, because if you are looking at the enemy to see what they might hit you with, you want to know that they have abilities they just can't use at that exact moment.

Ok, so for the Orc Hunter, you used the Training ability on an enemy stack? Or you used Wild Call to summon a stack?

camelotcrusade
11-07-2012, 08:22 PM
Hmm, that could be the case, it doesn't display the abilities if they don't have the adrenaline for them. That's a bad way of doing it, imo, because if you are looking at the enemy to see what they might hit you with, you want to know that they have abilities they just can't use at that exact moment.

Ok, so for the Orc Hunter, you used the Training ability on an enemy stack? Or you used Wild Call to summon a stack?

For the Orc Hunter, I tested control animal on a stack of 34 bears and they behaved just like hypnotize, then I made sure they didn't die. In the meantime, I got into combat and got enough rage to use Wild Call, which I used to successfully summon 43 bears. Then, once Training wore off, I couldn't use the huters to attack anymore (just get a ? cursor) so they could only defend or wait.

Edit:

I was wrong about how I listed the bug... what's happening is that adrenaline abilities disappear from the info screen and use menus when orcs don't have enough adrenaline to use them. You can see them out of combat just fine. The reason I thought the Orc Hunter was special was because he was my first unit. He was getting all the extra rage from that bug which funnels rage into the first orc intead of dividing it up among all the orcs, so that is why I could always read his stuff.

Wild call is also not what I thought. Those bears I summoned are life-linked both ways with the Orc Hunters. So when the summon gets hurt, half damage goes to them and half goes to the hunter. Is that how it worked in KB:AP? I thought the link only proc'ed when the Hunters got hit, not the other way around. The way it is now you should just hide your summons and use them for a life bag. It also doesn't show the life link damage in the combat log, and I think the life link only procs once per round. Aargh. :)

camelotcrusade
11-07-2012, 08:28 PM
And for everyone else:

@Pucemoose, haven't seen a persistent chaos dragon workaround yet. But let us know if casting another wanderer spell cancels it.
@oas, I think all those upgrade bugs are a result of using patch-compatible .lua or .kfs files with an unpatched game. Remove all those and it should upgrade normally.
@Xargon, yes that's reported. Never thought of the griffon only affecting units of level 1-3, that could be the intention rather an omitting the high level units. I'll make a note of it.
@Oji thanks again for the info how to get that viking award to go up, I did update the bugs thread.

oas
11-07-2012, 08:46 PM
yep, as soon i deleted the files and updated with patch (and installed again the fixes) I was able to.

About the Valhalla's Messenger Award I tried a few more times probably must be one-hit KO. I still have 6/10

By the way, after defeating the soothsayer can I buy more vikings in Greenwort(to gain the medal)?

camelotcrusade
11-07-2012, 08:50 PM
yep, as soon i deleted the files and updated with patch (and installed again the fixes) I was able to.

About the Valhalla's Messenger Award I tried a few more times probably must be one-hit KO. I still have 6/10

By the way, after defeating the soothsayer can I buy more vikings in Greenwort(to gain the medal)?

Try finishing off a stack with the Viking shield bash and let me know if that works. And I found one place to sell vikings after Greenwort, but really you can get a ship later and sail back to buy them from wherever you got them on the first couple islands.

Loopy
11-07-2012, 09:29 PM
Is it possible to make combat animation even faster then fastest setting? Or its hard coded? Would be great if its possible...it gets old waiting for Valkyries animation to end for 1000th time.

It's possible with heavy editing of stuff. You'd need to dig up some mod threads from AP to figure out how.

I recommend using Cheat Engine, which has a built in speed hack. Bind a key to 5x speed and another to 1x speed, you can trigger super fast mode on any game. In KB it bugs out whenever a level is loading and slows things down a ton, so make sure you are at 1x speed before loading a game or entering/exiting a battle.

gamihai
11-07-2012, 09:33 PM
Hello Guys ,

Was reading the bugs section but could not find this game breaking bug.

!! SPOILERS !!
--------------------

After I battle all the undead heroes (with my allies ) but I did NOT fight Eric yet , I lost ALL my spells from the spellbook . I am a mage , around level 50 so it makes me unable to complete the story . I still have all the scrolls , I can transform them into spells with crystals but all my old spells are gone :( .
Trying to replace all my spells from scrolls would take a HUGE amount of time so I was wondering if there is a fix for this (or where are the entries for the spells , I know my way around editors and still remember some C++ :) )

Avi
11-08-2012, 12:28 AM
Didn't read the entire thread, but I'm having major crashes on one of the dragon shops (where you fight dragons to get access to a shop). For some reason after the first round whenever I try damage the ice dragons (direct melee, rage or indirect / trap) the game crashes.
Seems to be monster related....
I hope a fix will follow.

secondbest
11-08-2012, 01:43 AM
I am trying to upgrade my silver ring to gold. But there are 2 stacks of ice dragons. One has 3 the other has 2. Whenever one of the stacks die the game immediately crashes... Bummer

Zechnophobe
11-08-2012, 02:15 AM
I am trying to upgrade my silver ring to gold. But there are 2 stacks of ice dragons. One has 3 the other has 2. Whenever one of the stacks die the game immediately crashes... Bummer

Check the bugfix thread. This is a known issue with ice dragons, and has been fixed with a fan-mod :).

camelotcrusade
11-08-2012, 02:52 AM
@gamihai - are you using patched or unpatched version. Some people have problems using unpatched game + fixes (they are not compatible). Regardless, you'll have to share some ideas about what caused this problem to trigger. I'm sure nobody wants it to happen to them!

camelotcrusade
11-08-2012, 02:55 AM
Didn't read the entire thread, but...

I hear you, it's long. Fortunately, you can use "search this thread" in the thread tools, or go to the first page and use Ctrl+F to find stuff. In any case, the ice dragon has an unofficial fix... see page 1. :)

PennyT18
11-08-2012, 04:20 AM
Yeah, mental note, NEVER UPGRADE Christa's Gift radius... EVER.

Now units get stuck and it hangs too if you aren't careful

So, that's why. I think I only upgraded it once. Since the two fails, if I use that skill, I put the gold somewhere in the middle. Hasn't hung up any more but now that I know about the radius thing, I won't do that again. Thanks.

MattCaspermeyer
11-08-2012, 04:48 AM
I only tried it in my battle where I could get it to repeat and it works great - thanks!

Great job with creating the new AI function - it looks like you based it off of the Thorn / Thorn Warrior Summon code and integrated it well into that part of the AI routine.

I see an AI mod in your future! :)

/C\/C\

I've hopefully created a fix for this, would you mind testing it out? You can download the update file(s) from here (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=35494), or if you want to implement it manually, you can find the code here (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpost.php?p=478597&postcount=153).

I tested it under a few different conditions locally and it worked fine, but secondary confirmation is always nice. ;)

gamihai
11-08-2012, 07:32 AM
@gamihai - are you using patched or unpatched version. Some people have problems using unpatched game + fixes (they are not compatible). Regardless, you'll have to share some ideas about what caused this problem to trigger. I'm sure nobody wants it to happen to them!

Hi ,

I am using the unpatched and not-modded version. I managed to work around all bugs so far without fixing anything and I did not patched because being a mage I use Book of Evil to get me out of some bad battles :). Also when the patch got released I already played a lot so I don't want to restart this campaign .

The problem is caused by the battles with the undead lords that guard the main castle (where Eric is in front of them and you can only battle after you made all allies ).
When you do those battles you are fighting with the allies army and hero and you have different spells . After those 3 battles + you're battle with that necro undead lord , but before talking with Eric to battle him as well...I loose all spells . Only my scrolls remain. I only did this once as I am using quick save to prevent CTD pushbacks . I do have a save after this , where I did not yet battled Eric but I have no spells and I am on another island (I traveled thinking that I can shake the bug off if I go into another instance..no luck :) )

Avi
11-08-2012, 10:35 AM
I hear you, it's long. Fortunately, you can use "search this thread" in the thread tools, or go to the first page and use Ctrl+F to find stuff. In any case, the ice dragon has an unofficial fix... see page 1. :)

A thanks for that. I'm not too technical with all the forum inns & outs and I tend to read more than ever write (sorry). Anyway I followed the link posted on page one and put the "unofficial bugfix" zip file in the addon folder of steam and lo and behold: it worked! Ice dragons are now dying and the game is no longer crashing. Such a simple fix, I would've thought 1C would put out a quick patch.

Anyway thanks for the help much appreciated.

RCDOWN
11-08-2012, 10:51 AM
Dwarven Love quest crash:

New Kordar
You get a quest from a dwarf that is in love with Freolina, a demoness.
When you talk to Freolina, she bring on a battle and the game crash to desktop immediatly.

I got cannoneer, ranger, fairy, bowmen and black unicorn, but this squad has never given problem before.

tiberiu
11-08-2012, 11:08 AM
Not sure if Bug but I didn't want to start a topic just for this. units that come out from the Permafrost egg are affected by Christa's Gift. The thing is they take the gold, but you don't receive the gold because they are considered third-party units. They also are not hit by Christa's damage thankfully. But I didn't expect them to act this way. They wasted my trap of gold and I didn't even receive financial compensation :)

camelotcrusade
11-08-2012, 03:28 PM
Dwarven Love quest crash:

New Kordar
You get a quest from a dwarf that is in love with Freolina, a demoness.
When you talk to Freolina, she bring on a battle and the game crash to desktop immediatly.

I got cannoneer, ranger, fairy, bowmen and black unicorn, but this squad has never given problem before.

Ugh, sorry to hear that. A savegame would be good so we can see if others get this crash. Curious - can you see if the combat has an units you've never fought before? Maybe one of them is a bad one. I haven't fought any demons yet but I did just get demon portal. Imp seems OK to summon, at least.

camelotcrusade
11-08-2012, 03:31 PM
Not sure if Bug but I didn't want to start a topic just for this. units that come out from the Permafrost egg are affected by Christa's Gift. The thing is they take the gold, but you don't receive the gold because they are considered third-party units. They also are not hit by Christa's damage thankfully. But I didn't expect them to act this way. They wasted my trap of gold and I didn't even receive financial compensation :)

Interesting. To me it seems WAI, but like you I would be annoyed. I don't see why a neutral unit would give you his gold, but he's not hurt by the trap. Maybe he should give you half? lol

Anyway wondering community thoughts on if this is a bug, nothing to say, or maybe adding "Neutral units may keep the gold but won't set off the trap" to the description.

Oji
11-08-2012, 04:42 PM
Seems like you've totally disabled int bonus for Book of evil spell. Before fix it said 440% bonus with 22 int - double bonus i guess, and now it is at 0% bonus and is very weak.

LegendMaker
11-08-2012, 07:19 PM
Hello, there! Long-time lurker, first-time poster, so I'll seize the opportunity to say thanks to all who contribute to this great forum in general, and to highly useful threads/projects like this one. That's very much appreciated. :)

Here's an issue I stumbled upon but haven't seen reported here:

Assassins can do a "Backstab" on Ice Balls. This hardly makes any sense, so I doubt it is intentional. What's more, from my experience, the supposed "back" of the ball is always a specific spot, as 2 Assassin stacks will do their backstab from the exact same hexagon even if the ball is accessible from anywhere.

Edit: That's before the patch was applied, and I have not applied any mods or user-made fixes yet. To clarify, I have the patch installed, but it says that it'll only be applied once I start a new game, and I'm still in my first game I started the day the game was released.

tiberiu
11-08-2012, 07:26 PM
Orc hunters have a talent to ensnare when at lvl 2 of adrenaline. The description of this effect when cast on a unit is bad. It says something like name_net_TN or something like that I forgot exactly. It works ok but the description is wrong.

camelotcrusade
11-08-2012, 07:36 PM
@tiberiu yes, I have that one recorded. Orcs have issues. :)
@legendmaker nice to see you posting. It makes perfect sense to me that you can't backstab something without a back. Now, whether or not the game deals with this even-handedly is another issue. Can you backstab other obstacles (hornets, ice walls, etc.)? I think it treats the iceball like a movable obstacle.

xavius
11-08-2012, 08:50 PM
Hey guys,

when I'm fighting against the dragon lair in Verlon Wasteland, the game will crash whenever the Ice Dragon would have died from any source. I could kill all the other dragon stacks, but only the Ice Dragon will crash the game.

Furthermore, after completing the last part of the chase for the artifacts and fighting against our nemesis, the Runic Power skill does not work. Before the skill was working properly, but now (fighting against mobs in Arlania right now) it is stuck at 6% and does neither increase nor decrease. Skill is at level 3/3

Greetings,

Xav

Zechnophobe
11-08-2012, 09:51 PM
Hey guys,

when I'm fighting against the dragon lair in Verlon Wasteland, the game will crash whenever the Ice Dragon would have died from any source. I could kill all the other dragon stacks, but only the Ice Dragon will crash the game.

Furthermore, after completing the last part of the chase for the artifacts and fighting against our nemesis, the Runic Power skill does not work. Before the skill was working properly, but now (fighting against mobs in Arlania right now) it is stuck at 6% and does neither increase nor decrease. Skill is at level 3/3

Greetings,

Xav

The ice dragon problem is known, and fixed in the 'bug fixes' thread.

Avi
11-08-2012, 10:38 PM
Did they nerf the phantom spell on rune mages? I didnt see anything about an update on steam but suddenly I get less "bang for buck" when I use the phantom ability on rune mages

Zechnophobe
11-08-2012, 10:44 PM
Did they nerf the phantom spell on rune mages? I didnt see anything about an update on steam but suddenly I get less "bang for buck" when I use the phantom ability on rune mages

Did you spend spirit runes? Or download that one guy's mod that decreases its strength?

Avi
11-08-2012, 10:57 PM
Did you spend spirit runes? Or download that one guy's mod that decreases its strength?

Yeah I spend about 50 green talent runes. I wasnt aware that this affects the spell power. (manual anyone?) I guess I got myself to blame then lol. Seeing I spend so many the difference is huge.
As far as mods, I only applied the bugfix so I could kill ice dragons without the game dying on me. Not sure what all the changes are in there but the game isnt crashing on me anymore.

LegendMaker
11-08-2012, 11:00 PM
@camelotcrusade:
I tested it quickly just to verify, and I can't seem to be able to "Backstab" any other objects; I tried on both wasp nets and ice walls ("Murder" doesn't work either). To be more specific, I can't backstab my own ice ball, but enemy Assassins can.

All the in-game evidence I have seen suggests the Ice Ball is really handled as a unit, not an object or an obstacle. It even has its own unit info screen complete with all its stats, which says it's a Level 3 unit (an 800+ HP lvl 3 unit!), of the "Neutral" class, and that it has the built-in Ability "Ice Creation" (just like the Ice Spider).

Overall it works as it's supposed to, even though a few things aren't very consistent, like the fact that it can be poisoned (it has a high poison resistance, but still, poison shouldn't affect animated ice at all, which was true in The Legend). I also strongly suspect it has some kind of in-built "Target" effect, although you can also cast the "Target" spell on it (even without casting Target, most enemy stacks will attack it over flesh and blood units, even ones they could finish off in one blow).

The backstab thing is a bit different: it's not just that it's not logical that a ball would have a "back", it's also that your unit has a secret weak spot which you cannot see, let alone take measures to protect, but the enemy assassins always know where it is, and can target it. So it's a bit "unfair", and looks like an unnoticed issue rather than a deliberate game feature.

Mind you, it's not a big deal, far from it. WotN's Ice Ball is insanely badass and powerful as it is, and I'm loving it! The original KBTL one was already great, then the AB/CW was unfortunately weakened to the point that I no longer used it. But what we have now is by far the fiercest version of the Ice Ball ever. Besides, it's not like I was up against Assassins all the time.

Zechnophobe
11-08-2012, 11:00 PM
Yeah I spend about 50 green talent runes. I wasnt aware that this affects the spell power. (manual anyone?) I guess I got myself to blame then lol. Seeing I spend so many the difference is huge.
As far as mods, I only applied the bugfix so I could kill ice dragons without the game dying on me. Not sure what all the changes are in there but the game isnt crashing on me anymore.

The tooltip for that ability mentions that it is stronger with Mind runes. My lang mod is even more explicit in how it lays them out too!

Zechnophobe
11-08-2012, 11:03 PM
@camelotcrusade:
I tested it quickly just to verify, and I can't seem to be able to "Backstab" any other objects; I tried on both wasp nets and ice walls ("Murder" doesn't work either). To be more specific, I can't backstab my own ice ball, but enemy Assassins can.

All the in-game evidence I have seen suggests the Ice Ball is really handled as a unit, not an object or an obstacle. It even has its own unit info screen complete with all its stats, which says it's a Level 3 unit (an 800+ HP lvl 3 unit!), of the "Neutral" class, and that it has the built-in Ability "Ice Creation" (just like the Ice Spider).

Overall it works as it's supposed to, even though a few things aren't very consistent, like the fact that it can be poisoned (it has a high poison resistance, but still, poison shouldn't affect animated ice at all, which was true in The Legend). I also strongly suspect it has some kind of in-built "Target" effect, although you can also cast the "Target" spell on it (even without casting Target, most enemy stacks will attack it over flesh and blood units, even ones they could finish off in one blow).

The backstab thing is a bit different: it's not just that it's not logical that a ball would have a "back", it's also that your unit has a secret weak spot which you cannot see, let alone take measures to protect, but the enemy assassins always know where it is, and can target it. So it's a bit "unfair", and looks like an unnoticed issue rather than a deliberate game feature.

Mind you, it's not a big deal, far from it. WotN's Ice Ball is insanely badass and powerful as it is, and I'm loving it! The original KBTL one was already great, then the AB/CW was unfortunately weakened to the point that I no longer used it. But what we have now is by far the fiercest version of the Ice Ball ever. Besides, it's not like I was up against Assassins all the time.

Backstab on the ice ball is a bit weird, but I don't think a bug. It should have a 'back' facing counter to whatever direction it moved last.

As for 'target', it feels like enemy ai tends to attack 'small' stacks generally over large ones (though it is a weighted chance). I believe this is what causes it to zero in on summons, of all types, and things you mind control with rabid.

LegendMaker
11-08-2012, 11:49 PM
Backstab on the ice ball is a bit weird, but I don't think a bug. It should have a 'back' facing counter to whatever direction it moved last.
Thanks, this could be it. I'll try to verify the next time I'm up againt assassins (I overwrote my save after that fight). But based on what happened in my last fight, it means the ball appears with its back to the right side of the screen, contrary to other summoned creatures who have their backs to the left side (that's with your enemy at the top and you at the bottom). I summoned the Ice Ball at the beginning of a round, in front of another unit; before its first turn, the Assassin's turn came, and it backstabbed my ice ball from the right. Anyways, if it really works like that, then I guess it's not so much a bug as an odd and impractical feature.

As for 'target', it feels like enemy ai tends to attack 'small' stacks generally over large ones (though it is a weighted chance). I believe this is what causes it to zero in on summons, of all types, and things you mind control with rabid.
You're probably right. I've seen creatures walk half the screen to reach a "Loki-touched" stack. Then, it's not a perk exclusive to the ball, it's just that it happens to enhance its natural tank/target role. If it does the same for Chaos Dragons or Phoenixes (assuming they're still around, I haven't seen either yet), I don't suppose it's equally good news (depends on one's strategy, of course).

Edit: The Ice Ball's "back" apparently isn't placed as you thought. I just saw an assassin backstabbing my ice ball from the bottom-right hexagon around it, when the ball's last move prior to that had been to the front (so its "back" spot would have been straight "behind it" according to your hypothesis, but it was actually one hex to the right from that spot). So either it's a more complex calculation to determine where the ball's "back" is, or it really is a bug and assassins can attack it from any side they want, and call that "the back". :D

camelotcrusade
11-09-2012, 02:24 AM
Well, I agree it would be more realistic if they didn't target the ice ball with backstab. But since the whole point of the ice ball is a big giant distraction (tell me you don't cast if or the damage... lol) I'd much rather have an assassin waste its backstab on my iceball. Man they are annoying and I'm afraid to move my units out until I have a plan to deal with backstab.

It's a nice little strategy to use on assassins... thanks for the tip. I wonder if those annoying shamans cast river of blood on it, too. Bleed ice ball, bleeeeed.

PS - if you want me to bug it, I could, just to see if they change it. Or, we can all continue to use, abuse it, and <3 it.

LegendMaker
11-09-2012, 04:00 AM
@camelotcrusade: Same here. ;) I'm practically traumatized by this dreaded backstab, and the ball trick does actually help with that. It just seemed odd, so I pointed it out. But you're right, I suppose it's not necessarily worth reporting to the devs.

Of course, I use it primarily for its awesome ability to keep enemy troops as seating ducks at the other side of the screen, giving me rage without hurting my actual army, and neatly gathered for maximum Gudriga's Rage efficiency (it doesn't affect the ball, since it's a friendly unit). That said, if it gets the chance to do a complete roll across the screen while blessed, it can deal some serious damage (I play Warrior, so it has lower base stats than with a Mage, but my hero's stats more than make up for it). Come to think of it, it might be most effecient with the Skald's high defense. But I'm derailing, sorry.

Thanks for your replies!

camelotcrusade
11-09-2012, 05:41 AM
I finally got Regina's messenger and I'm not seeing this bug anymore:

Regina's Messenger golem has no name: This valkyrie rage ability spawns a lava golem that does not have a name, instead it has a tag that says [cpn_lava_golem5] NF.

Zech, did you fix it in your language mod or do you think it was with the patch?

Incidentally, I see the stun graphic going off when that golem wails on skeletons, but they are still attacking me. Can somebody remind me what "stun" does? The tooltip simply says he stuns creatures under level 5, but not what stunning does.

camelotcrusade
11-09-2012, 05:59 AM
I've noticed I can't use my Soothsayer's Arcane Healing to heal my hurt stack of maidens. Is it working for anyone else? I Know it won't resurrect them because they are level 4, but the tooltip implies it should still heal all units regardless of level. I swear I've used it to heal my royal griffons before, but maybe I am mistaken.

RCDOWN
11-09-2012, 06:13 AM
Hent's Heritage quest is bugged:

The designated spot in Verlon Wasteland don't react when you "dig" on it.

The only one working for now is the one in Nordling i think.

Ugh, sorry to hear that. A savegame would be good so we can see if others get this crash. Curious - can you see if the combat has an units you've never fought before? Maybe one of them is a bad one. I haven't fought any demons yet but I did just get demon portal. Imp seems OK to summon, at least.
Turn out that the crash happen only one over 3 and expecially when you zoom in and out during the dialog.
I managed to pass the point after 2 try.

camelotcrusade
11-09-2012, 06:34 AM
Thanks, RC, and glad to hear you got past the crash.

As for the Ent's Heritage, I have that quest and I didn't have a problem in Verlon Wasteland. But you aren't supposed to dig it, you are supposed to plant a seed. I clicked on the brown patch and it planted the seed automatically (it's behind where you find the Valkyrie). I advise clicking around that patch until it plants.

tiberiu
11-09-2012, 07:41 AM
1) Soothsayer Elemental Shield did not work for me after some Goblin Catapult sent them on fire. Every turn when they were burning the combat log said that my soothsayers increase their fire resistance and decrease their cold resistance but this didn't happen.

2) Something is weird with Rage ability Lord of the North. I have this ability to deal 800-1300 damage. I casted at the start of battle with some undead. Here's what damage I dealt with it.

Skeletons suffer 1600 damage.
Decaying Zombies suffer 689 damage.
Black Knights suffer 686 damage.
Skeleton Archers suffer 2290 damage.
Decaying Zombies suffer 1770 damage.

Is there an explanation for this? As you can see there were 2 zombie stacks and they took completly different damage. 1 took LOWER damage then the minimum rage ability (800) and another took MORE then the maximum. NOte: I do not have ability to crit with rage skills.

Zechnophobe
11-09-2012, 07:47 AM
1) Soothsayer Elemental Shield did not work for me after some Goblin Catapult sent them on fire. Every turn when they were burning the combat log said that my soothsayers increase their fire resistance and decrease their cold resistance but this didn't happen.

2) Something is weird with Rage ability Lord of the North. I have this ability to deal 800-1300 damage. I casted at the start of battle with some undead. Here's what damage I dealt with it.

Skeletons suffer 1600 damage.
Decaying Zombies suffer 689 damage.
Black Knights suffer 686 damage.
Skeleton Archers suffer 2290 damage.
Decaying Zombies suffer 1770 damage.

Is there an explanation for this? As you can see there were 2 zombie stacks and they took completly different damage. 1 took LOWER damage then the minimum rage ability (800) and another took MORE then the maximum. NOte: I do not have ability to crit with rage skills.

Oh, good call. I've been meaning to update the tip on this one for a while. I guess I'll do it in 0.1.3 since I just did 0.1.2.

This ability does two things interestingly:

1) It deals damage based on the defense of the target. So it deals MORE damage to low defense targets, and LESS to high defense ones.

2) The shards it shoots out may hit the same unit twice. This is why the 'number of shards' upgrade have an effect. Notice the damage ranged when you are targeting with it!

Interestingly enough, it deals more damage to low defense targets, but you cannot increase Olafs ATTACK score to deal even more. Sorta surprises me since that seemed the obvious mechanic for it.

LegendMaker
11-09-2012, 08:22 AM
I've noticed I can't use my Soothsayer's Arcane Healing to heal my hurt stack of maidens. Is it working for anyone else? I Know it won't resurrect them because they are level 4, but the tooltip implies it should still heal all units regardless of level. I swear I've used it to heal my royal griffons before, but maybe I am mistaken.
I can't confirm for maidens or griffins (the only maidens I had in my game were during training, and I haven't found any griffins yet), but it definitely works on my level 4 soothsayers themselves, and even on my level 5 trolls (it just cures them, though: no resurrection, just like the tooltip says).

RCDOWN
11-09-2012, 12:08 PM
But you aren't supposed to dig it, you are supposed to plant a seed. I clicked on the brown patch and it planted the seed automatically

that's strange, because the first time i planted a seed only after start digging.
And on other hand: i got on the spot right and no helping hand show itself.

On the side note: i still need to patch, got only the base version.
Hope some "savefix" go on the next official patch.

gamihai
11-09-2012, 12:38 PM
Guys anyone took a look at my issue ? Anyone else has it ? I had to stop playing until I find a fix as I am to far ahead in the game to restart :(

RoyalLys
11-09-2012, 01:39 PM
Dunno if that happened to anyone else, but if you refuse to fight Hagyr on the Western Freedom Island, and then leave the island, you cannot fight him again, and the quest seems to be locked

RCDOWN
11-09-2012, 02:48 PM
Trying to replace all my spells from scrolls would take a HUGE amount of time so I was wondering if there is a fix for this

I didn't get at this point yet, but if you got all the scroll and the only thing you need are crystals, then you can use Cheat Engine (http://cheatengine.org/).

Simply start the game, ALT+TAB and Open Process, select KBWoTN executable and into Value field put the number of crystals you got at the moment and click First Scan.
Then return to game and spend some crystals. Return to Cheat Engine and imput the new crystal value, click Next Scan.
Do this again until a single value on the left is shown, double click this value and Add Selected Address then select the new entry in the lower tab, click spacebar and modify the desired value to 20.

This way you always get 20 crystals, no matter what you spend.

Of course i didn't test this, the game may crash, so make a spare save just in case and don't put a value bigger than FF (255)

Or... i can give my save and you can extrapolate the full spellbook (if you can, dunno never tryed out)

Hope it help ;)

xavius
11-09-2012, 03:28 PM
The ice dragon problem is known, and fixed in the 'bug fixes' thread.

Thanks, applied the fix and I can now kill the Ice Dragons.

But the problem with Runic Power remains, it is stuck at 6% and well as a warrior this sucks^^(even more so, because it did work before the great revelation after demonis). Does anybody have the same problem, or a fix?

gamihai
11-09-2012, 03:32 PM
I didn't get at this point yet, but if you got all the scroll and the only thing you need are crystals, then you can use Cheat Engine (http://cheatengine.org/).

Simply start the game, ALT+TAB and Open Process, select KBWoTN executable and into Value field put the number of crystals you got at the moment and click First Scan.
Then return to game and spend some crystals. Return to Cheat Engine and imput the new crystal value, click Next Scan.
Do this again until a single value on the left is shown, double click this value and Add Selected Address then select the new entry in the lower tab, click spacebar and modify the desired value to 20.

This way you always get 20 crystals, no matter what you spend.

Of course i didn't test this, the game may crash, so make a spare save just in case and don't put a value bigger than FF (255)

Or... i can give my save and you can extrapolate the full spellbook (if you can, dunno never tryed out)

Hope it help ;)

I'll try that. Will back p my save game just in case :) .thanks !

camelotcrusade
11-09-2012, 09:45 PM
Hooray, a new patch! I have an unexpected visitor today so I will need some extra time to incorporate changes to the bug thread.

Edit: I just finished the first pass and can look again later tonight. If I coded anything incorrectly just let me know and I'll fix it. In a few cases I gave them the benefit of the doubt - e.g., they just said Ocr hunter abilities fixed, but we had a couple problems listed for them - so I just coded them all as fixed. If we learn differently I'll adjust it. I also see Zechnophobe fixed a few more of the tooltip issues in his recent mod so later on I will find a way to note that, too.

Chro
11-09-2012, 11:35 PM
I don't know if this is new with patch 2, but I ran into something odd today.

If you destroy a coffin (the randomized ones on a battlefield that release a skeleton troop when destroyed) using a rage ability (I was able to do it with three different ones), the coffin will not break, and the battle will remain in limbo. It's not a freeze, per say, since your cursor is still there, but it never progresses to the armies' turn, requiring you to reload.

Braanor
11-10-2012, 02:20 AM
I don't know if this is new with patch 2, but I ran into something odd today.

If you destroy a coffin (the randomized ones on a battlefield that release a skeleton troop when destroyed) using a rage ability (I was able to do it with three different ones), the coffin will not break, and the battle will remain in limbo. It's not a freeze, per say, since your cursor is still there, but it never progresses to the armies' turn, requiring you to reload.

I just started playing tonight after the patch and I ran into this issue as well. I didn't have to destroy a coffin though, it happened after a castle assault when I did my first lords of the north rage ability it triggered my warrior skill to use another rage skill and when I used any other rage skill it goes into limbo, the cursor is there but you can't attack with troops or do anything else. I tried just using one rage ability and then winning the fight and going forward every other fight the rage ability is bugged.

camelotcrusade
11-10-2012, 03:52 AM
Sounds like we need to report a new bug with the rage skills causing a hang-up. So far, it happens when:

You use a rage ability to destroy a skeleton coffin battle obstacle
Your warrior skill (what is the name please?) to use a second rage skill activates, and you use the second range skill

I'll add it to the thread and update the bug as we get more information. If anybody has more information about it, please share!

Thanks to those who tested the soothsayer heal. Again, if you get it working on a stack of maidens, let me know. It's also possible the bug may be related to sacrifice. When I use sacrifice to grow the stack the "new" units are not healable by soothsayers if they get hurt later on. The regular heal spell works fine though.

Braanor
11-10-2012, 04:35 AM
Your warrior skill (what is the name please?) to use a second rage skill activates, and you use the second range skill

Warrior skill is Runic Power.
I did some additional testing and fighting various enemies around the map still triggers the hang up even on the first use of rage abilities so I don't think this is related to the skill Runic Power.

I'll try to test this a bit further tomorrow and post an update.

RCDOWN
11-10-2012, 07:37 AM
The Riftland:

When you fight giant Loki, if Sonic Boom is cast and push him over the screen, then Loki reappear on the other battlefield's side.
He is turned around and when he move again to the original starting position, the game will hang, the hourglass is show but nothing happens during your unit turn.

RCDOWN
11-10-2012, 05:38 PM
Item Werewolf Skin:

the dialog box (left click) show only the info option. No destroy option is avaible.
You get the skin after an hunt quest in Riftland.

camelotcrusade
11-10-2012, 05:45 PM
Item Werewolf Skin:

the dialog box (left click) show only the info option. No destroy option is avaible.
You get the skin after an hunt quest in Riftland.

Hmm - typically you can't destroy quest items, even if they are magic items. Same problem with that magic axe you get for the quest (can't remember the name of it) you can't destroy it either. So I think that is WAI because if you destroyed it you couldn't finish the quest, right?

As for the Loki and sonic boom bug, I'll add that one now.

camelotcrusade
11-10-2012, 05:49 PM
Warrior skill is Runic Power.
I did some additional testing and fighting various enemies around the map still triggers the hang up even on the first use of rage abilities so I don't think this is related to the skill Runic Power.

I'll try to test this a bit further tomorrow and post an update.

Thanks. Trying to get some clarify on which rage skills cause problems and when... basically hoping to find a trigger that reliably reproduces the problem.

tiberiu
11-10-2012, 05:50 PM
Hmm - typically you can't destroy quest items, even if they are magic items. Same problem with that magic axe you get for the quest (can't remember the name of it) you can't destroy it either. So I think that is WAI because if you destroyed it you couldn't finish the quest, right?
As for the Loki and sonic boom bug, I'll add that one now.

Some games allow you to lose quest items. If you do silly things you just pay the price. Just like in real life. :)

I would like to be able to destroy quest items.

camelotcrusade
11-10-2012, 05:53 PM
Some games allow you to lose quest items. If you do silly things you just pay the price. Just like in real life. :)

I would like to be able to destroy quest items.

Yeah, but only if they had a popup that said "Warning, if you destroy this item you will be unable to complete quest X. Do you still want to do this?" Because otherwise people would destroy it and then report the quest is bugged. Trust me.

Xargon
11-10-2012, 11:01 PM
They really need to add notifications for a lot of things, especially when you're rewarded with something. Rune rewards appear to be rare, but there were quite a few times when I got an item for some quest, but there was no notification and I only noticed it some time after that in the inventory, wondering where it came from...

edit: latest example: Living Shield. No idea where that came from.

Braanor
11-11-2012, 01:16 AM
So I started up steam today and had a small 2.6mb patch, I started up the save that had the bugged rage skills and they are all working properly now!

So whatever it was that was causing it has been fixed for me! yay

commanderz
11-11-2012, 04:41 AM
any idea how to complete Jacket for the whaler quest?....i sell 4 of the thorn sprouts...at first island.....any idea where can i pick or buy thorn sprouts?

tiberiu
11-11-2012, 04:57 AM
any idea how to complete Jacket for the whaler quest?....i sell 4 of the thorn sprouts...at first island.....any idea where can i pick or buy thorn sprouts?

You will probably manage to find some, later in the game. I don't think the quest expires.

RCDOWN
11-11-2012, 05:45 AM
Hmm - typically you can't destroy quest items, even if they are magic items.
You're right for quest items, but this item is not shown as "quest" and i cannot find any quest associate with it.

It's a reward for a bounty and the quest - Werewolf Killer - is now solved and greyed out.
You can see in Type (item description) what kind of item is: Quest, Artifact, Belt, etc..

Here the screenshoot (http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2wpjb6d&s=6)

EDIT:

Turn out that the item is a quest item, only to be used in a future (for me) quest: Luxury Outfit.
You can get the werewolf skin before or after getting the quest itself and i suspect if you get it before then the item is not shown as quest, but you cannot destroy it anyway.

The item description should be rearreanged, like "i feel this will turn usefull in the future" or something like that.

hotfix666
11-11-2012, 06:33 AM
achievement "greedy" dont work and I have start new game.

tell them shall make all bugs work in saved games.

Enkeli
11-11-2012, 07:06 AM
Hello Guys ,

Was reading the bugs section but could not find this game breaking bug.

!! SPOILERS !!
--------------------

After I battle all the undead heroes (with my allies ) but I did NOT fight Eric yet , I lost ALL my spells from the spellbook . I am a mage , around level 50 so it makes me unable to complete the story . I still have all the scrolls , I can transform them into spells with crystals but all my old spells are gone :( .
Trying to replace all my spells from scrolls would take a HUGE amount of time so I was wondering if there is a fix for this (or where are the entries for the spells , I know my way around editors and still remember some C++ :) )

Hi,

I have registered because this nasty bug also happened to me. After fighting Eric's last ally, I lost all my spells. Luckily I was playing Skald and on normal difficulty so I didn't need the spells.

I suspect that the bug happens because of fighting Eric & friends with the minimum number of allies - without getting Xeona to help. Because all of Eric's friends are meant to be fought with allies and with a different spell book, then the game alters your spell book after the fight. This is my best guess anyway.

RCDOWN
11-11-2012, 07:08 AM
You will probably manage to find some, later in the game. I don't think the quest expires.
you're right, the quest won't expire and you can find some seed later, via shop or via inside a cave.

Is always a good idea (if you got the money) to buy dragon egg, griffin egg, spider, thorn and all the egg you can manage.
They turn to be usefull for quest and for replenish troop later in the game.

RCDOWN
11-11-2012, 07:17 AM
Item Courtly Garb:

you get the item from the Luxury Outfit quest, when you click to upgrade the confirmation's dialog appear, then nothing happen if the chooice is positive.
So you cannot upgrade it.

...this won't make me happy :-x

azazel8139
11-11-2012, 08:06 AM
I am getting constant bugs regarding traps since the steam update. If any troop/spell triggers a trap via an ability instead of moving onto it, the trap doesn't go off, and then the game idles and the combat does not continue. (e.g teleporting a troop onto a trap or the lord of the north rage power creating an ice block on the trap square.)

This would not be so bad but in my latest game I had to restart because of all the bugs, and I just unlocked the trapper achievement before the latest patch, so now I have to quicksave after every fight because any random fight has a high chance of crashing my game.

Raisti
11-11-2012, 09:46 AM
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=35840

2 Bugs with quest. Cant progress any further right now cause of them

1) Cant return Odins Flag to king Asvald (no dialog option but got cleary only one in inv)
2) Ratmir Ornaments. collected all 5 (quests also says to return them) but only got 2 in inv which leeds to no dialog option for returning

torquemada
11-11-2012, 03:28 PM
Has this been reported or is it just me? When using spells or rage ability with area effect the squares light up to inidcate the impact area however whenI move my cursor over a unit and then move it away (to the next square for example) the squares that should no longer be affected stay lid up giving false information about the affected squares. This can be misleading when you have large area spell like Lord of the north.
This only seems to happen if healthbar is displayed (alt)
See screenshots:

camelotcrusade
11-11-2012, 06:03 PM
Hey guys, thanks for reporting new stuff. Here are some new bugs I am adding now:

Werewolf skin item needs quest tag (cannot be destroyed and becomes a quest item for Luxury Outfit)
Traps not triggering correctly when a unit is forced on to them
Spell area of effect doesn't update after hovering spell cursor over a unit

Bugs I would like more info about:

Spellbook losing all spells (what quest are you trying to complete and which step has the fight where you are bugged after?)
Ratmir ornaments - is that the name of the quest? Is the bug it that is only counts 2/5 ornaments so you can't turn it in?

@hotfix and raisti - greedy achievement and odin's flag quest are supposed to be fixed... if you restart.

RCDOWN
11-11-2012, 06:22 PM
Dunno if is a bug or a limit posed by Dev, but on Iceland Isle you cannot travel by boat past the point i show here (http://postimage.org/image/tpdgvz8nv/).

The problem become serious when you need to complete the bounty related quest on boat or when you need to collect the treasure box via sea.

Also, on Iceland you find a skull castle and there is no way to land on the bridge and reach it.
Someone know if this is intentional?

abolibib
11-11-2012, 08:00 PM
@camelotcrusade
I appreciate the work you guys have done, and that the devs post patches, but I'm stuck too when giving back Odin's flag (i had two flags, and I can't get the dialog even after dropping either of them). So I can't complete the Vikings ally quest, or the Dwarf quest, or the elven quest. It's a deadend.

Restarting a game means throwing away 60+ hours of gameplay.

Is there a way to patch the savegame, or to patch the game without the restart requirement?

Or is there a way to go on with the game without completing asvald's quest?

gamihai
11-11-2012, 08:42 PM
Hi,

I have registered because this nasty bug also happened to me. After fighting Eric's last ally, I lost all my spells. Luckily I was playing Skald and on normal difficulty so I didn't need the spells.

I suspect that the bug happens because of fighting Eric & friends with the minimum number of allies - without getting Xeona to help. Because all of Eric's friends are meant to be fought with allies and with a different spell book, then the game alters your spell book after the fight. This is my best guess anyway.

WHAT ? Xeona an ally ? She attacked me and I killed her in the first meeting I had with her . I had 3 allies with me (vikings , elfs , dwarfs ). That so stupid...and I can't modify crystals . I think I'll play this game more in 6-12 months when maybe is playable ...too many bugs now.

mitsu80
11-11-2012, 09:22 PM
can anyone post patch2 in zip format plz

billythegreat
11-11-2012, 10:24 PM
Dunno if is a bug or a limit posed by Dev, but on Iceland Isle you cannot travel by boat past the point i show here (http://postimage.org/image/tpdgvz8nv/).

The problem become serious when you need to complete the bounty related quest on boat or when you need to collect the treasure box via sea.

Also, on Iceland you find a skull castle and there is no way to land on the bridge and reach it.
Someone know if this is intentional?

It is intentional. First finish the quest with the fisherman haunted house, then buy a boat from him.

Zechnophobe
11-12-2012, 12:36 AM
Just had a crash to desktop when casting "Justice".

O7ls3o5n
11-12-2012, 02:02 AM
When I start a new game and the camera pans over the starting area the ocean flashes white several times.
http://www.rlgf.info/16.jpg

http://www.rlgf.info/13.jpg

http://www.rlgf.info/14.jpg

http://www.rlgf.info/17.jpg

cjbcreighton
11-12-2012, 02:17 AM
I've now had the game crash multiple times after collecting the three artifacts and defeating Guilford. I get to the dialogue with the Valkyrie, and the moment the dialogue finishes the game crashes.

I have no mods installed.

I picked the game up through Steam.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Lancian
11-12-2012, 08:49 AM
Dunno if someone has posted it here before - mana recovery is utterly slow for Soothsayer even with 3/3 skill and 3/3 award, imo the same as if without the skill.

RCDOWN
11-12-2012, 10:09 AM
I'm stuck too when giving back Odin's flag (i had two flags, and I can't get the dialog even after dropping either of them). So I can't complete the Vikings ally quest, or the Dwarf quest, or the elven quest. It's a deadend.
Reload a savegame before you get to the castle, remove the flag from inventory and place it into another position (in inventory).
Then click on the info dialog box and then talk to the viking and dwarf king.

Worked for me.

Is there a way to patch the savegame, or to patch the game without the restart requirement?
No, this is a major issue for player, i hope they relase a savefix editor or something.

Lancian
11-12-2012, 12:12 PM
Goblin Commander skill used by Catapults can be used on inquisitors.

commanderz
11-12-2012, 12:57 PM
is there a way to fix battle take turn stuck bug??.....in greenwort now....having alot freeze take turn in battle.....before reaching greenwort does not encounter this bug.....have to reload the game while in battle to fight all over again...

RCDOWN
11-12-2012, 01:42 PM
Apparently, resurrecting sheep transformed by goblin's tower make the game hang after some of your units does damage to other units.

Screenshoot (http://postimage.org/image/auxo0z3dn/full/).

Not sure if other event trigger this bug, but the hourglass is locked and you can ESC to menù, restart or even load/quit, but the game still remain locked after that.

The only way is to exit to desktop.

commanderz
11-12-2012, 01:55 PM
ya!!exactly the same bug i encounter......only able to press ESC to reload the game......however is not the resurrecting sheep transformed by goblin's tower that cause the hang up for me.......is something else.....which i no idea....

LegendMaker
11-12-2012, 03:37 PM
Another odd thing I stumbled upon:

The spell "Weakness" is spontaneously cast on my Soothsayers stack, for no apparent reason.

I've been seeing this happen for dozens of battles lately, but I had assumed the enemy hero had cast it or something, but here I'm up against a mundane wandering army, without a hero or spell casting troop to explain it (their whole army is made up of Catapults and regular Orcs), and it just happened.

Even weirder, here's the log:
http://nsa32.casimages.com/img/2012/11/12/121112053606813703.jpg (http://www.casimages.com/img.php?i=121112053606813703.jpg)

...and here's what actually happens:
http://nsa32.casimages.com/img/2012/11/12/121112053705860452.jpg (http://www.casimages.com/img.php?i=121112053705860452.jpg)

Not the type of "bonus" anyone ever wants to get. :D

Edit: that's still pre-patches and without any mods or fixes installed (I'm still in the same game).

Lancian
11-12-2012, 04:11 PM
Not the type of "bonus" anyone ever wants to get. :D

Check their mind control spell for description. It says clearly weakness is cast upon soothsayers if they use that spells. The "bonus" in log seems to be a bug indeed.

LegendMaker
11-12-2012, 04:43 PM
Haha silly me! So that's actually just for using "Loki's Touch", it casts "Weakness" on your Soothsayers stack? Seems a bit odd that it's done like that (you can just dispel it right away). Also, I'm almost sure it happens without using it, sometimes (as shown in my log above, it happened while it wasn't even the stack's turn to play). Thanks, anyhow.

camelotcrusade
11-12-2012, 04:57 PM
Hi guys, sorry to hear still so many problems. To everybody having hangups in battle, are you using rage skills? I've seen a lot of people reporting hangups right after using one.

Anyway, I can post some new bugs but I still need more information. Does anybody know:

Justice spell crash: Does it always happen when you cast it? Can anybody else confirm?
Orc recruiter works on inquisitors: What is happening? I only kinda remember this ability. Are you getting additional inquisitor units after battle?
Spellbook losing all spells (what quest are you trying to complete and which step has the fight where you are bugged after?)
Ratmir ornaments - is that the name of the quest? Is the bug it that is only counts 2/5 ornaments so you can't turn it in?

@cjbcreighton what is the name of that quest and what step are you on?
@Legendmaker yep, that's part of Loki's touch. And they receive an attack bonus whenever an ally critically hits something, which happened in your log correctly. I don't see any bugs there.
@RCDown I'll add the sheep bug.

RCDOWN
11-12-2012, 05:15 PM
Well, after what commanderz is telling us, the hang up in battle may not be "sheep related" but something else.

I got this kind of hang quite a lot when resurrecting sheep (i can reproduce it) but he seem to get it from another problem, so maybe is something related to the AI?

Do you know how te get a debugger log file? I cannot find anything like that and i'm sure it will help the Dev a lot speeding up the fix process.
The logs folder is empty..??

LegendMaker
11-12-2012, 05:24 PM
@Legendmaker yep, that's part of Loki's touch. And they receive an attack bonus whenever an ally critically hits something, which happened in your log correctly. I don't see any bugs there.
Okay, now I see. I just happened to have "Divine Hand" (gives attack bonus) activated when my Archmages scored a critical hit, and when I used "Loki's Touch" (casts Weakness) after that, the effect was wiped out by the weakness, so I didn't get to see it. Alright, my mistake, and thank you both for your help!

Lancian
11-12-2012, 05:26 PM
Orc recruiter works on inquisitors[/b]: What is happening? I only kinda remember this ability. Are you getting additional inquisitor units after battle?

Not orc recruiter, but unit special skill Goblin Commander - it says it will give another action to selected goblin unit so they can move once again in round (similiar to paladin skill), but it works on human inquisitors. Seems like a bug to me.

Also, can somebody else confirm that mana recovery is super slow for soothsayers even with skill maxed ?

LegendMaker
11-12-2012, 07:28 PM
I'm in a battle right now where a killed stack continues to appear standing, and even uses its special abilities!

I clearly got the message "the troop is killed" in the log, they no longer have an HP bar, cannot move or be targetted, and other units can even walk right through them... but they're not lying on the floor as a corpse, and they've just cast their "Evil Taunt" on my troops! What the hell is going on?! :confused:

http://nsa32.casimages.com/img/2012/11/12/mini_121112092651574286.jpg (http://www.casimages.com/img.php?i=121112092651574286.jpg)

Edit: I killed them with Gudrida's Rage, in case it makes a difference. "Skalds escort fallen warriors to Valhalla" also continues beyond their death.

And in the end, I was able to shoot them dead, with this most puzzling log: "Miss! Soothsayers do 0 damage, 1 Skald is killed." :D Well, at least I'm not stuck.

Zechnophobe
11-12-2012, 10:23 PM
Hi guys, sorry to hear still so many problems. To everybody having hangups in battle, are you using rage skills? I've seen a lot of people reporting hangups right after using one.

Anyway, I can post some new bugs but I still need more information. Does anybody know:

Justice spell crash: Does it always happen when you cast it? Can anybody else confirm?
Orc recruiter works on inquisitors: What is happening? I only kinda remember this ability. Are you getting additional inquisitor units after battle?

@cjbcreighton what is the name of that quest and what step are you on?

I suffered a lot of crashes last night :(. The Justice crash only happened once. It was near the end of a long fight, I figured I'd cast the spell randomly to get more progress towards that medal... and as soon as I selected a target for it, bam, crash. Couldn't repeat it afterwards. Might have to do with trying to allocate runes to things that can't get them? Dunno. I also crashed at the start of a combat, and even once when exiting the game...

I had more crashes in my play session following the patch, than all others previous to it. :(.

camelotcrusade
11-12-2012, 10:47 PM
I had more crashes in my play session following the patch, than all others previous to it. :(.

I hear you... I just started playing again and am wondering if I will see one or not. I haven't had any crashes prior to the patch and hope I don't see any now. Since they keep happening to a lot of people, though, I hope we can find some common threads to report. At any rate, I'll hold off on the Justice crash reporting for now.

I've also been comparing the pre-patch fixes to the new files and noting a lot them have been updated (not everything, though). Bhruic is working on a save scanner atm but after that he'll likely get back to the fixes that are remaining.

Edit - Btw, did you update the royal griffon's "regal" ability to specify units 1-3 or did they do that? I'm using your great language mod, obviously. :)

camelotcrusade
11-12-2012, 10:51 PM
@Lancian thanks for the clarification, I will add that now.
@RCDOWN yeah I saw that, but I will wait to update the entry until we have some other trigger ideas. So far, using the sheep and recurrect combination is the only thing we have to reliably reproduce a hangup. Maybe the underlying problem will be the same for other hangups, I'm not sure.

Looks like Justice isn't a reliable crash so I'm not adding that one. Still waiting for more info on the Ratmir artifact quest and on the super nasty lose all your spells bug.

Zechnophobe
11-12-2012, 11:03 PM
I hear you... I just started playing again and am wondering if I will see one or not. I haven't had any crashes prior to the patch and hope I don't see any now. Since they keep happening to a lot of people, though, I hope we can find some common threads to report. At any rate, I'll hold off on the Justice crash reporting for now.

I've also been comparing the pre-patch fixes to the new files and noting a lot them have been updated (not everything, though). Bhruic is working on a save scanner atm but after that he'll likely get back to the fixes that are remaining.

Edit - Btw, did you update the royal griffon's "regal" ability to specify units 1-3 or did they do that? I'm using your great language mod, obviously. :)

I didn't, is that supposed to be how it works?

camelotcrusade
11-12-2012, 11:06 PM
I didn't, is that supposed to be how it works?

Apparently so. Someone suggested that was the actual behavior of the ability vs. what it stated, and I noted as such in the bugs thread. So I guess the devs updated the description themselves!

Also, for anybody reading - what does Stun do? My lava golem stuns mobs of less than level 5 and I see the stun graphic. However, the unit he just stunned hits him back and then also attacks him on its turn. So... what does stun do again? His ability doesn't say what it does, just that it happens.

torquemada
11-12-2012, 11:08 PM
Killing the ice dragon stack in the dragon castle in Verlon wastelands makes the game crash. So far I've not been able to win this battle without crashing

Zechnophobe
11-13-2012, 12:02 AM
Apparently so. Someone suggested that was the actual behavior of the ability vs. what it stated, and I noted as such in the bugs thread. So I guess the devs updated the description themselves!

Also, for anybody reading - what does Stun do? My lava golem stuns mobs of less than level 5 and I see the stun graphic. However, the unit he just stunned hits him back and then also attacks him on its turn. So... what does stun do again? His ability doesn't say what it does, just that it happens.

Stun reduces initiative and prevents you from using special abilities. It's sorta buggy though in that if they have already gone this turn the initiative penalty effect doesn't seem to stick around to the next turn (Unlike most effects which expire after the unit takes its turn).

camelotcrusade
11-13-2012, 12:20 AM
Thanks. I eventually figured out stun -- do you mind adding what it does to the golem's stun ability description?

Also, I finally upgraded my Archmage's staff and the level 3 version says it's gives you +5% stamina spells and 15% stamina by lightning. What does that mean? Maybe another one that needs an update when you get to it in the language mod. I'm guessing - and it's a longshot - it means 5% more "damage" to your spells and to lightning?

@torquemada sorry to hear that, you will have to get the fix (once he updates it) if you can't use the patched game. No crashes with ice dragons here and I'm using patch 2.

Enkeli
11-13-2012, 02:29 AM

I am attaching a save game for replicating the bug.

Quest: Stop Guilford.
Fight: Against Tanatoris (after talking with Eric)

How to replicate the bug with this save:
1. Talk with Eric.
2. Fight.
3. Check spellbook both before and after the fight.

camelotcrusade
11-13-2012, 03:23 AM

1. Talk with Eric.
2. Fight.

This should help a lot! Added the bug and pointed to your post with savegame.

blacklegionary
11-13-2012, 03:29 AM
I think the bug has been fixed with the lastest patch, not sure about it.

camelotcrusade
11-13-2012, 05:54 AM
I think the bug has been fixed with the lastest patch, not sure about it.

That would be great. Why do you think that, though? Did you get through this time without any problems? I haven't gotten to that part, yet.

Also, I'm a bit behind on rune mages. Can they not grant themselves runes anymore? I tried to use it on my stack and the wand appeared but I couldn't click it to do anything. Going to try that again tomorrow to be sure it wasn't isolated weirdness in an individual fight.

blacklegionary
11-13-2012, 06:11 AM
I had the same problem when the game wasn't updated. But in my second playthrough I didn't have that problem, maybe I'm lucky.

I tried Enkeli save and the problem still exist. Not sure if he play before or after the patch.
Also one more bug in these final fight, you got your Mana buff up to the level of the Allied Heroes you command

aristobal
11-13-2012, 06:47 AM
Sorry for posting here. Could you explain me what does power of phoenix call depend on? Thanks in advance.

commanderz
11-13-2012, 07:55 AM
game crashed during dragon fight in Verlon wastelands ........any fix???

RCDOWN
11-13-2012, 12:54 PM
Quest Luckless Hunter bugged.

On Tungsinn island you need to kill a black unicorn.
After killing him, the quest is not updated and if you go back to the hunter no dialog box appear.

xfusion
11-13-2012, 01:08 PM
I'm playing mage in impossible, and I can't kill Loki, the game always crash in the middle of the fight.
**** beta game.

RCDOWN
11-13-2012, 01:35 PM
Not exactly a bug..

Fronta's Tent in Tungsinn got no "money simbol" on top.
When you take a quest from her or you need to visit her to complete a quest, there is not visible mark on the tent: you waste some time to retrace quest this way.

@xfusion:
Try not using Rage abilities and spell that make Loki "move" from is starting cell.

koltolv
11-13-2012, 01:53 PM
Probably works as intended but still annoying:
The path a horseman will charge is not displayed (rather the shortest route to the targeted unit is shown), meaning they sometimes move to visible traps.

ninogui
11-13-2012, 10:30 PM
Quest Luckless Hunter bugged.

On Tungsinn island you need to kill a black unicorn.
After killing him, the quest is not updated and if you go back to the hunter no dialog box appear.

Also notice that, still no clue how to solve

cjbcreighton
11-14-2012, 02:10 AM
I've now had the game crash multiple times after collecting the three artifacts and defeating Guilford. I get to the dialogue with the Valkyrie, and the moment the dialogue finishes the game crashes.

I have no mods installed.

I picked the game up through Steam.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Any thoughts on this? I saw one other note stating that they turned on Autocombat and it was resolved, this did not work for me. Help would be appreciated.

camelotcrusade
11-14-2012, 03:52 AM
Any thoughts on this? I saw one other note stating that they turned on Autocombat and it was resolved, this did not work for me. Help would be appreciated.

I wish I did. Crashes are really hard to troubleshoot unless they happen to everyone at the same point. This thread is more about finding mechanics bugs (like no horn from the unicorn - that one was reported a while ago for the record). All I can think of is to upload the save where it happens and then point a moderator like Sneaksie or Nike-IT to it.

camelotcrusade
11-14-2012, 03:55 AM
Sorry for posting here. Could you explain me what does power of phoenix call depend on? Thanks in advance.

All of your summons depend on your inellect score and the level of the spell (1, II, or III). I believe your creation skill (in the magic tree) boosts some of them - it should say 0/10/20/30% stronger in the description if that is the case (for example, look at Book at Evil).

commanderz
11-14-2012, 04:04 AM
still no fix for random hang up in battle?....its get really frustrated and need to reload a save game....after half way of battle....:evil:

ckdamascus
11-14-2012, 04:23 PM
Rage Level maxes at level 60. Is this intended?

Nirual
11-14-2012, 05:04 PM
Using the Messenger Rage ability very often slows the game down immensively for me as long as the Golem is on the battlefield. Guess its a driver issue, but there isn't anything else that has such an impact on performance.

Also, not really a bug but I would love a way to check how many battles are left until I can use a Valkyrie non-combat ability or the talking Raven finishes a scroll.

I've also noticed that unlike previous games, there is no message popup after you win an upgrade battle to tell you what the item has become.
Nor is there a message telling you how much gold you got from Hand of Sorrow or the result of trembling Hammer.

the latter also interacts badly with the Skald Ressurection talent. If both target the same stack, you can end up with more units in the stack than you had before the battle.

Nirual
11-14-2012, 05:08 PM
Also, I finally upgraded my Archmage's staff and the level 3 version says it's gives you +5% stamina spells and 15% stamina by lightning. What does that mean? Maybe another one that needs an update when you get to it in the language mod. I'm guessing - and it's a longshot - it means 5% more "damage" to your spells and to lightning?

Has to be that, because thats what the staff did in previous games.
Speaking of weird item descriptions, some shields state they increase damage done by shields or something. Anyone know what that means?

camelotcrusade
11-14-2012, 06:38 PM
Has to be that, because thats what the staff did in previous games.
Speaking of weird item descriptions, some shields state they increase damage done by shields or something. Anyone know what that means?

Yeah, I had that question, too. We settled on it meaning that units that attack with shields do more damage - like viking shield bash and how the berserker has a counterattack using a shield. Pretty limited scope.

@ckdamascus Edit: Oops I misunderstood your question. You mean does your amulet stop leveling up at rage level 60. Honestly, I didn't even know you could see what level you had. Does it show it to you anywhere? And what is max character level, I think I heard 70? I wonder why the discrepancy... do they run out of upgrades? Did you get them all on your way to 60?

Lancian
11-14-2012, 09:24 PM
Sorry if it's already in the thread -

The spell Power of Light III should give whole army bonus to fight against evil units. However, it can only be cast on single target and it does not give ANY bonus at all. Did not try Power of the Night spell yet.

oas
11-14-2012, 09:43 PM
the quest given by a painter on the islands (to defeat three boats) doesn't update. I defeated the three and his response is the same

"Fight the first ship"-should i have fought them with a specific order??

BenSt88
11-15-2012, 02:00 AM
Created an account here just to thank everyone working on finding bugs to pass on to the developers. I just bought the game Sat night on Steam, for the Mac, so I think I got the advantage of the 11/2 and 11/9 patches. I stopped playing after about a dozen hours, though, b/c I have an issue I can't work around.

Someone much earlier in this thread mentioned that no matter what they did in the Options screen, everything remained low textures. That's my problem. I was willing to put up w/ bugs etc. but, after having recently played KB: AP and KB: TL, where things looked great, I just can't stomach the bad graphics.

I'll cross-post this in the Technical issue sub forum, but in case someone here reading this thread has any suggestions for me...

My system: MacPro 3.1, Quad-Core Intel Xeon @ 2.80 GHz, 2.0 GB RAM, Mac OS X Lion 10.7.5, ATI Radeon HD 2600 XT 256 MB. So I should be meeting the Mac requirements for the game.

Another issue I didn't see in this thread. When I click (sometimes anyway) on something and the cursor changes (e.g., a broken arrow to indicate a ranged penalty in the battle), my mouse cursor won't revert to anything but that last choice for a while. So in the example I just gave, the battle ends, and I want to start a dialogue w/ an NPC--still have that broken arrow. It corrects itself after a few minutes, but it's annoying.

Finally, every game I played, when I exited out from the main screen, there was a crash log/report to Apple. At least I didn't crash to desktop while IN the game, but still, another reason for me to wait a while to resume playing this otherwise great game.

Fatt_Shade
11-15-2012, 02:55 AM
@camelotcrusade
Oops I misunderstood your question. You mean does your amulet stop leveling up at rage level 60. Honestly, I didn't even know you could see what level you had. Does it show it to you anywhere? And what is max character level, I think I heard 70? I wonder why the discrepancy... do they run out of upgrades? Did you get them all on your way to 60?
To see your rage skill lvl, at end of battle when screen is shown about your exp gianed, and gold reward, click detail and under listed troops are information (from left to right) how much rage you spend, rage skills lvl in little circle, rage exp bar and how much you need for next lvl, how much dmg each unit did, and last how much mana you spend.
As for max rage skill lvl possible, it`s 105 , in sessions/addon/loc_ses.kfs/eng_pet.lng file is list of all rage skills and their possible upgrades and there are 9 skills with 10-15 lvls listed available. So total is 105, and hero can get it to 60 less then 2/3ds :-(

aristobal
11-15-2012, 04:06 AM
Regarding evil book
in spells_power.lua:

1. why so
local creator_power = 1 + tonumber(skill_power2("creator", 1)/100)
creator_power = creator_power/2

but no so

local creator_power = 1 + tonumber(skill_power2("creator", 1)/100)/2

2. in
local item_bonus = tonumber(Logic.hero_lu_item("sp_spell_demonologist", "count")/100)

"sp_spell_demonologist" is bonus from "living book" but the artifact doesn't have hint that it impact on the spell.

Bhruic
11-15-2012, 04:50 AM
1) Good point, it's hard to tell what their intention was, but the math would suggest it should be the second way, rather than the first.

2) It's a description problem, "sp_spell_demonologist" (which is on 2 items) affects a lot more spells than just the 3 the tooltip would suggest.

aristobal
11-15-2012, 05:09 AM
2) It's a description problem, "sp_spell_demonologist" (which is on 2 items) affects a lot more spells than just the 3 the tooltip would suggest.

But who know about such important aspect? I have 2 living book and my phoenix kill 50-60% enemy in statistics! What is the second item you mentioned? Thanks.

Bhruic
11-15-2012, 05:38 AM
Well, I suspect the developers knew, but yes, it'd be nice if the item was better described.

The second item is the "Blade of Pain", although it only gives a +10% bonus.

oas
11-15-2012, 01:20 PM
the quest given by a painter on the islands (to defeat three boats) doesn't update. I defeated the three and his response is the same

"Fight the first ship"-should i have fought them with a specific order??

Tried again, nothing.

ivra
11-15-2012, 02:30 PM
Tried again, nothing.

I am experiencing the same thing. No matter which one of the 3 ships I attack first, the Quest log does not update. The quest seems to be broken.

Has anybody managed to complete this quest?

Lancian
11-15-2012, 02:59 PM
Has anybody managed to complete this quest?

I did, no problem for me. Can't remeber order of the ships, but the quest log updated after every one of them. I also fought pretty close to the painter's house, but I don't think it matters. Seem to be randomly bugged quest for some playthroughs.

pouet
11-15-2012, 03:42 PM
The game crash just after i picked the apple in the tavern in arlania (quest "diabolical apple" from Xeona in Demonis).

ivra
11-15-2012, 03:58 PM
The game crash just after i picked the apple in the tavern in arlania (quest "diabolical apple" from Xeona in Demonis).

Same happened to me. But I restarted the game and then it worked. I had a save game right outside the bar so I did not had to redo anything. I could just talk to the bartender again and get the apple.

I started my current game as a Skald after Patch 1 had come out, but before Patch 2. Not sure this is relevant for any of the 2 bugs.

PS: I have attached a save game just before fighting any of the 3 pirate ships (Quest: Ay Vaz's Masterpiece).

pouet
11-15-2012, 04:15 PM
Okay, it worked thank you. Strange though, i've restarted the game 2 times and it still crashed but on my fourth attempt it finally worked.

Nirual
11-15-2012, 06:04 PM

1. Talk with Eric.
2. Fight.

Got the same issue now. Replayed the battle and the issue persisted. I also noticed that my leadership score went up to insanely high numbers during the fight, so my guess is that the bug has to do with how you can fight him as an ally if you also got the demons. then after the battle it tries to restore the spellbook from what the ally would have to your own, but since there was no change it wipes the spellbook instead.

Arth7ur
11-16-2012, 12:23 AM
I have a Radeon 6950, i5-2500k, Intel Z68 mobo and 16GB ram.http://www.rxor.info/01.jpghttp://www.rxor.info/22.jpghttp://www.rxor.info/8.jpghttp://www.rxor.info/03.jpghttp://www.rxor.info/23.jpghttp://www.ryzu.info/9.jpg

camelotcrusade
11-16-2012, 12:42 AM
Same happened to me. But I restarted the game and then it worked. I had a save game right outside the bar so I did not had to redo anything. I could just talk to the bartender again and get the apple.

I started my current game as a Skald after Patch 1 had come out, but before Patch 2. Not sure this is relevant for any of the 2 bugs.

PS: I have attached a save game just before fighting any of the 3 pirate ships (Quest: Ay Vaz's Masterpiece).

Just to make sure I understand - should I list the bug as Ay Vaz's Masterpiece and the error is that the quest log doesn't always update even if you fight the three ships? Is that was the save proves? Or is your save for the apple quest.

camelotcrusade
11-16-2012, 12:49 AM
Created an account here just to thank everyone working on finding bugs to pass on to the developers. I just bought the game Sat night on Steam, for the Mac, so I think I got the advantage of the 11/2 and 11/9 patches. I stopped playing after about a dozen hours, though, b/c I have an issue I can't work around.

Someone much earlier in this thread mentioned that no matter what they did in the Options screen, everything remained low textures. That's my problem. I was willing to put up w/ bugs etc. but, after having recently played KB: AP and KB: TL, where things looked great, I just can't stomach the bad graphics.

I'll cross-post this in the Technical issue sub forum, but in case someone here reading this thread has any suggestions for me...

My system: MacPro 3.1, Quad-Core Intel Xeon @ 2.80 GHz, 2.0 GB RAM, Mac OS X Lion 10.7.5, ATI Radeon HD 2600 XT 256 MB. So I should be meeting the Mac requirements for the game.

Another issue I didn't see in this thread. When I click (sometimes anyway) on something and the cursor changes (e.g., a broken arrow to indicate a ranged penalty in the battle), my mouse cursor won't revert to anything but that last choice for a while. So in the example I just gave, the battle ends, and I want to start a dialogue w/ an NPC--still have that broken arrow. It corrects itself after a few minutes, but it's annoying.

Finally, every game I played, when I exited out from the main screen, there was a crash log/report to Apple. At least I didn't crash to desktop while IN the game, but still, another reason for me to wait a while to resume playing this otherwise great game.

While I don't have any suggestions for a remedy, I did post the issue and refer to your post in the bugs list under graphics. If you discover a solution, let me know so I can list the workaround.

BenSt88
11-16-2012, 01:30 AM
Thank you. I also sent an email to the official support group here, in addition to my posting in the technical issues forum.

You can add my video card to the group that has the "oceans flashing white" issue, if you care to.

If I can get a fix to my problem, you better believe I will be back to report it here and to thank you again for raising the issue's profile.

Wish me luck.

ivra
11-16-2012, 07:52 AM
Just to make sure I understand - should I list the bug as Ay Vaz's Masterpiece and the error is that the quest log doesn't always update even if you fight the three ships? Is that was the save proves? Or is your save for the apple quest.

The save is for the quest Ay Vaz's Masterpiece. Load it and fight any of the three ships. No matter which one you fight the quest will not update.

Regarding the Apple quest. That was just to say that I had experienced it too, and that I was able to get pass the crash by restarting the game.

Rork
11-16-2012, 08:52 AM
I ran into some ugly and unexpected problems while exploring the Freedom Islands.
Short history: Greenwort and the four starting islands are cleaned up, both Freedom Islands 90% (left Dead Man's Chest on Eastern, Hagyr's Castle on Western + all pirate ships on both islands).

The first problem - which may or may not be related to the second one - came up with the Feast of Spirits quest (given by the Orc shaman Sha Hong; Ay Vaz' quest was already active). I activated the totems, then postponed fighting him in order to level up. Upon returning to the Western island, I found one last enemy which I had forgotten about and promptly engaged him. After the win, two loading screens came in quick succession and I found myself in the dungeon of Castle Sha Hong. I defeated all enemies there, including the shaman, which completed his Feast of Spirits quest.
The second problem appeared while tackling Ay Vaz's Masterpiece quest. After defeating all three pirates (with no update on the quest journal), at the end of the third battle, the two loading screens again came up and again I was transported to said dungeon, only this time around with the boat included and a completely black world map (see attached screen). After moving, the ship vanished and the map went back to normal; upon returning to the surface, the ship was gone for good. If need be I can also provide the save (unfortunately, I have none before speaking to Sha Hong after activating the totems).
It seems that now I can't complete Ay Vaz' Masterpiece: no matter the order of the battles with the three pirate ships, the quest doesn't update itself, the log still saying I have to defeat the first pirate.

One more thing: right before the giant spider battle, I used the Wanderer spell Dragon of Chaos. I've had since then the dragon present and usable in each and every other battle I fought - pretty sure this is a huge bug.

And I second every demand about some sort of update on quest rewards or number of turns left for Valkyrie/raven ability.

P.S. I started a thread in the main forum, but since it seems rather useless, I'm moving my message here.

Nirual
11-16-2012, 09:03 AM
One more thing: right before the giant spider battle, I used the Wanderer spell Dragon of Chaos. I've had since then the dragon present and usable in each and every other battle I fought - pretty sure this is a huge bug.

Never seen that one, but I'm guessing its supposed to be a summoned unit for x battles rather than adding creatures to your army?

Speaking of wanderer scrolls, those previously displayed buff icons but no longer do so in Wotn.

torquemada
11-16-2012, 10:18 AM
I noticed that Horde skill (wolves f.ex) have no effect. 90 wolves had the same attack as 30 wolves in an enemy stack. Attack is supposed to go up by one point with each 30 units in a stack. Can someone confirm this?

torquemada
11-16-2012, 10:21 AM
Why are there so many bugs, It is far too much, I feel like I have to double check each skill and ability to make sure they are working because I simply can't trust that it is, it's ridiculous. Did they not test the game? The game is pretty much copy/paste from earlier games so why does this one have so many bugs on skills and spells that were working in KB:AP for example.

1darklord
11-16-2012, 10:37 AM
I just cast Justice and my game instantly crashed.

Daniel.

camelotcrusade
11-16-2012, 05:57 PM
Updates -

Added Ay Vaz's Masterpiece referred to save under Quests
Added more videocards to oceans flickering bug under Graphics
Added rune mages can't self target with runic word to Units

@torquemada I would like to know about that wolf ability too. If anybody else runs into wolves, let us know if they are really getting the attack bonus for the horde ability.
@Daniel Can you try casting Justice again in completely different cirumstances and let me know if it crashes? I've heard it's irregular.

Rork
11-17-2012, 07:59 AM
Never seen that one, but I'm guessing its supposed to be a summoned unit for x battles rather than adding creatures to your army?

Speaking of wanderer scrolls, those previously displayed buff icons but no longer do so in Wotn.

Yes, it's supposed to be summoned for two battles, whereas it seems I have it now forever :grin:. The other Wanderer scrolls I've used did what their description did.

Lot of UI info missing and not on a consistent basis either: sometimes it's there, sometimes it's not. Game is still incredibly addictive, but it feels more and more like a very botched job. On the technical side, right off the bat comes to mind bizarre camera issues, graphics that could be better in full HD, countless spelling errors; on the artistic side, music all over the place during fights (in the other games battle music was keyed to the environment - now I get the demon theme during a bear fight?!?), dialogue for the three "classes" is the same (so the soothsayer speaks like a retarded barbarian) and the Viking islands seem to be the only original thing and even that is cut short, effectively resetting the game to its old self once you leave them.

Nirual
11-17-2012, 10:44 AM
on the artistic side, music all over the place during fights (in the other games battle music was keyed to the environment - now I get the demon theme during a bear fight?!?)

Oh yeah, that bugged me like hell. Some of the music that can play during battles isnt even suitable for battles. Seems like just about any theme can play at any time in battle, and the overworld sometimes plays kinda inappropriate themes too.

And then there is the pirate cave on the elven island where it just seems to loop whatever played before you entered, and after a fight it just loops the victory theme :-x

the Viking islands seem to be the only original thing and even that is cut short, effectively resetting the game to its old self once you leave them.

I wouldnt quite say that, I actually liked how they changed some things in the old areas including ruined buildings in place of actual buildings in several places. And there is also southern Vinland (Riftlands etc) which is entirely new. the old areas are kinda poorly implemented in regards to sea travel tough, since you can only do it from and to Greenwort. And you can't fly in Demonis and Hades for no explained reason (I can see why in Hades, probably difficult to work with those floating islands, but even then some sort of ingame explaination would be nice... like with the dragon pass on Iceland.).

Edit: On a sidenote: the dragons teeth and the combined necklace are still around as randomly generated items. Which is kinda annoying since they are used as quest items and therefore useless for anything except for wearing it (and why would you wear two of those).

trucane
11-17-2012, 10:57 AM
Haven't seen this reported before or maybes it's just me having problem with this?

Seems like there is some model missing, have tried to validate my files on steam and they say nothing is missing.

Nirual
11-17-2012, 11:00 AM
Haven't seen this reported before or maybes it's just me having problem with this?

Seems like there is some model missing, have tried to validate my files on steam and they say nothing is missing.

thats not a bug, its just the tip of the ruined castle or something. Does look kinda out of place though.

Speaking of models though, is there an easy way to replace creature models? For some reason the Lava Golem causes the game to slow down considerably, probably something to to do with my graphics card.

Xargon
11-17-2012, 09:03 PM
Overlapping greasy mist spells add their resistance debuffs, leading to -200% and lower fire resistance. I assume this is not intended?

camelotcrusade
11-17-2012, 09:33 PM
Overlapping greasy mist spells add their resistance debuffs, leading to -200% and lower fire resistance. I assume this is not intended?

Do you mean you don't think it should go beyond -100%? I think KB has no problem going beyond - or above - 100% for its bouses and penalties.

Xargon
11-18-2012, 10:33 AM
Do you mean you don't think it should go beyond -100%? I think KB has no problem going beyond - or above - 100% for its bouses and penalties.

No, I would assume that two overlapping greasy mist spells still lead to the resistance debuff being applied only once. But maybe it was meant to work this way.

torquemada
11-18-2012, 04:01 PM
Why is slow lvl 3 marked as patched? It still isn't immobilizing enemies

Nevermind, just read the description, they changed it apparantly

C4in_th3_P4in
11-18-2012, 04:15 PM
Some more bugs, not sure if they were already mentioned:

Seems like there is something wrong with the damage of "Reginas Messenger" ability. Damage done by the impact is lower than it should be. Had this when fighting Demons, didn't try it against other units yet. So either the damage is fire dmg and not physical (as the description says) or it is calculated wrong.

The damage forecast (if you put the mouse over a unit an it says e.g. 1000-2000 dmg) is not correct if:
-you attack undead or demons with inquisitors (doesnt calculate the bonus dmg)
-the attacked unit has the magic shield from Arch Mages
- i think its also not correct when the unit has Gods Armor. Not sure about stone skin

I think the adrenalin abilities does not work correctly for Ogres (can't tell about other orc units):
- +1 speed for adrenalin level 3 does not work (I use artifact Ogre Sandel so they already have +1 speed. But they don't get more speed on adrenalin level 3.)
- Ogres should have the ability to damage the unit behind the target unit on adrenalin level 1. This never worked. Or do I have to activate this somehow?
- not sure about the rest of the adrenalin abilities/boni
(The Ogres start with adrenalin level 3 due to hero's abilities. I use Ogre artifact set)

- error in the discription of the Ogre Mace: it says something about dmg of Ogres but seems like some words are missing.

Xargon
11-18-2012, 07:24 PM
The quest self-recording apparatus gives you the rune reward twice (making it 8 of each rune instead of 4 of each rune). Once when you bring the press to the inventor, and then again when you bring the apparatus to the professor.

BenSt88
11-18-2012, 08:01 PM
I said I'd come back if my graphics issues got worked out. They're still not that great, but somehow they're better in battle mode as well as the world map. The icon of Olaf during battle still looks washed out, and water can look pretty bad (I have it on medium setting).

So I've kept playing a bit. Was hoping to see another weekly patch by now ;)

Two new bugs, both noticeable during Keeper upgrade battles:

1) Sheep units are all blacked out and hard to see;
2) It's happened 2x (2 separate battles), when a clear enemy unit of Slingers has attacked (only 1x) their own Gremlin tower nearby.

Don't think it matters that I'm on a Mac, but just a reminder, in case that's meaningful.

camelotcrusade
11-19-2012, 12:04 AM
Updates:

Added overlapping greasy mist spell to spells
Added ogre adrenaline speed and two-target damage issues to units
Added self-recording appartus giving extra reward to quests

@BenSt88 - a screenshot of the sheep would be good, I can list the bug and reference your post. For the slingers, I need some more information. Were they controlled, feared, etc.? What happened? Did they include the tower in their AOE attack, but they attacked a regular enemy?

@C4in_th3_P4in I'll add the ogre speed bug and the two target damage bug - but let me know if you figure out how to make that ability work. Damage forecasts are messed up everywhere, though, and I don't think they're going to fix it. However, if you think it's worth a separate thread to track all the messed up damage forecasts I'm happy to reference it here and link to it.

BenSt88
11-19-2012, 02:58 AM
@BenSt88 - a screenshot of the sheep would be good, I can list the bug and reference your post. For the slingers, I need some more information. Were they controlled, feared, etc.? What happened? Did they include the tower in their AOE attack, but they attacked a regular enemy?

Ok. I need to find how to do an in-game screenshot on a Mac. I think I saw this buried in a Steam support article recently. I just did all my Keeper upgrade battles for a while, but I'll get back to this.

As for the Slingers, I should have been more clear: they were not controlled by me in the slightest, nor do I believe the Gremlin towers attacked them. They were nearby, backed away, and single-targeted the towers. Only for a single round though. And in only 2 battles (I've done others; though they probably didn't have Slingers in them).

Xargon
11-19-2012, 08:22 AM
Added overlapping greasy mist spell to spells

By the way: I have no idea how this worked in previous KB games, I only discovered it by chance recently.
Imagine some ridiculously large stack with burning inflicted on it and affected by multiple overlapping greasy mists. A critical burning hit would kill it outright :D

Nirual
11-19-2012, 10:07 AM
By the way: I have no idea how this worked in previous KB games, I only discovered it by chance recently.
Imagine some ridiculously large stack with burning inflicted on it and affected by multiple overlapping greasy mists. A critical burning hit would kill it outright :D

I'm not sure about previous games either but I would think if it was possible before someone would've figured it out by chance aswell.
And I sincerely doubt that it is intended to work that way.

Seems like there is something wrong with the damage of "Reginas Messenger" ability. Damage done by the impact is lower than it should be. Had this when fighting Demons, didn't try it against other units yet. So either the damage is fire dmg and not physical (as the description says) or it is calculated wrong.

the impact damage depends on distance to the impact. Could be that the falloff already starts on one tile away, but I haven't really paid that much attention to the results.

Bugs I would like more info about:

Quest: Stop Guilford (no alliance with demons for the achievement)

Fighting the last enemy hero (tanatoris) before Eric as yourself. Spellbook is empty after the fight. I've also noticed that my leadership score skyrocketed to impossible heights during the tanatoris fight, so there must be something wrong with the coding for when you fight as another person (besides keeping the 200 mana, I mean).

Nirual
11-19-2012, 10:43 AM
Accidental doublepost, feel free to delete.

Savok
11-19-2012, 04:23 PM
It's possible for the game to spawn no Viking units, leaving you high and dry with Eric. Before anyone says the castle that was just Slingers and Beserkers. Gone over everything.

camelotcrusade
11-20-2012, 12:12 AM
It's possible for the game to spawn no Viking units, leaving you high and dry with Eric. Before anyone says the castle that was just Slingers and Beserkers. Gone over everything.

Can you post a savegame? I'm secretly hoping we'll find something you overlooked so you can salvage your game. If not, we'll post the bug. Btw, did you already use up the vikings (e.g., did they die?) or have you never had any to buy anywhere.

camelotcrusade
11-20-2012, 12:17 AM
Ok. I need to find how to do an in-game screenshot on a Mac. I think I saw this buried in a Steam support article recently. I just did all my Keeper upgrade battles for a while, but I'll get back to this.

As for the Slingers, I should have been more clear: they were not controlled by me in the slightest, nor do I believe the Gremlin towers attacked them. They were nearby, backed away, and single-targeted the towers. Only for a single round though. And in only 2 battles (I've done others; though they probably didn't have Slingers in them).

Thanks on both accounts. For the slingers, if it happens again I'd love to test the quicksave before the fight. I believe you, I just can't think of any reason why this is happening so it will be hard to reproduce without a savegame.

Has anybody else seen slingers go rogue on the gremlin towers? If you remember what items they were in that would help, maybe somebody has one they haven't upgraded yet.

camelotcrusade
11-20-2012, 12:23 AM
Quest: Stop Guilford (no alliance with demons for the achievement)

Fighting the last enemy hero (tanatoris) before Eric as yourself. Spellbook is empty after the fight. I've also noticed that my leadership score skyrocketed to impossible heights during the tanatoris fight, so there must be something wrong with the coding for when you fight as another person (besides keeping the 200 mana, I mean).

Thanks. I've added to the entry. Do you keep the crazy high leadership or does it go away after the fight?

BenSt88
11-20-2012, 02:09 AM
1) For the "Dragon Tear" quest, the "Reward" section has no text. Hope it's a good reward!

2) This is minor perhaps, but when flipping through the pages of my Spell Book, there is a quick flash of black and russian text. Too quick to make out (even if I understood Russian).

3) This might not be a bug, but when I want to buy a scroll, I notice that most selections are grayed out--except, always, the Rune spells. This is regardless of whether I already know the spell, or--I think--whether or not I have room in my Spell Book. As long as I make room, I can buy the grayed out scroll, thankfully.

Savok
11-20-2012, 03:51 AM
Can you post a savegame? I'm secretly hoping we'll find something you overlooked so you can salvage your game. If not, we'll post the bug. Btw, did you already use up the vikings (e.g., did they die?) or have you never had any to buy anywhere.
They were never there... I think. And saves are already gone, sorry. It was only mucking about on Easy waiting for the patch thankfully, not a proper run.

I can't replicate it, every start is Slingers and Vikings no matter how many times I do it. Maybe I'm just going mad.

BenSt88
11-20-2012, 04:52 AM
Ok, I'm going to attempt to attach 2 screen shots of graphics issues.

#1) Rune Mage "Phantom" shows unit barely visible;

#2) I got the blacked out Sheep unit in a Keeper battle (Silver Rapier to Ray of Light, but it's happened w/ other upgrade battles as I mentioned).

Let's hope this works (screen shots taken on my Mac). EDIT: I hope that 1st thumbnail can be increased in size; it's still hard to see it when not full-screen. But you can see what the Horsemen should look like to the left! The 2nd image is better (Sheep unit).

camelotcrusade
11-20-2012, 03:36 PM
Updated the list for Patch 3, first pass. Once I compare some of the code I may make some more tweaks.

@BenSt88, I'll add the Dragon Tear quest and the graphics bugs to the list soon, thanks for the screenies.

oas
11-20-2012, 07:04 PM
The quest delayed salary worked for me even though i chose the second line(iron richard paid the salary).
First i chose the second line, then i talked to Iron Richard and talked about the mission (i ddin't mention the salary); completed the mission he gave me, then i speak about the salary. It worked!

Valhalla's Messenger Award:
I have 9/10. I'm sure one time updated when i used jarls (i didn't have vikings in the party).
Tried a bunch of different options of killings with vikings it didn't update. Perhaps it's random

camelotcrusade
11-20-2012, 07:37 PM
Valhalla's Messenger Award:
I have 9/10. I'm sure one time updated when i used jarls (i didn't have vikings in the party).
Tried a bunch of different options of killings with vikings it didn't update. Perhaps it's random

Nice, maybe they updated it to include all viking units. Can you do a little testing and report back?

ckdamascus
11-20-2012, 08:09 PM
Nice, maybe they updated it to include all viking units. Can you do a little testing and report back?

If you don't mind, could you put the build numbers by the "patch numbers" instead?

I don't even see where it says we got the new patches on steam. On steam, the "most recent news" is 11/2/2012 (which was build 6246 I think).
edit: Oh, if I go to "game hub" on steam it shows it. Thanks!

Thankfully, I am on build 6249 right now (which seems to be your patch 3).

sethmage
11-20-2012, 08:50 PM
It seems there is another little update with bug fixing issues on steam, but if you want the quests to work star a new game, oh boy I can imagine some faces now. :-x LOL

ckdamascus
11-20-2012, 09:06 PM
It seems there is another little update with bug fixing issues on steam, but if you want the quests to work star a new game, oh boy I can imagine some faces now. :-x LOL

I'm almost ready to just stop playing and come back in 3 months. Or, if they had some service to fix saved games manually... but I doubt they would do that.

Or at least tell us how to? <shrugs>

oas
11-20-2012, 09:58 PM
If you don't mind, could you put the build numbers by the "patch numbers" instead?

I don't even see where it says we got the new patches on steam. On steam, the "most recent news" is 11/2/2012 (which was build 6246 I think).

I tought the same.
I have the medal already^^
But i was on build 6246 (patch 1). I noticed one thing: it updated even though i didn't have an vikings in the party (i had them on reserve).
Perhaps its random but they must be in the reserve/party

camelotcrusade
11-20-2012, 10:20 PM

I'll reference the build at the top. So we think patch one is 6246 and patch three is build 6249. Anybody know what build 2 was?

ckdamascus
11-20-2012, 11:49 PM
I'll reference the build at the top. So we think patch one is 6246 and patch three is build 6249. Anybody know what build 2 was?

Oh I'm sorry. I wish the steam news was more 'accurate'.

Build 6249 -- date 11/20/2012
Build 6246 -- date 11/11/2012
Build XXXX -- date 11/2/2012
Build XXXX -- date 10/26/2012 (was this initial release?)

If we really need the information, or if we know how to get the information from a file, I can restore from my old backups to find out for sure.

camelotcrusade
11-21-2012, 12:11 AM
Thanks, we don't build info really, it's just nice to have. I'll update the post.

BenSt88
11-21-2012, 01:48 AM
Oh I'm sorry. I wish the steam news was more 'accurate'.

Build 6249 -- date 11/20/2012
Build 6246 -- date 11/11/2012
Build XXXX -- date 11/2/2012
Build XXXX -- date 10/26/2012 (was this initial release?)

If we really need the information, or if we know how to get the information from a file, I can restore from my old backups to find out for sure.

I bought the game (Mac version) on the 10th, and it shows Version 1.3.1 [build 6248]. I assume if I were to start playing now, it would say ... 6249. That said, I don't know if I have the stomach to start a brand new game, only to have this happen again and again w/ patches, like the movie Groundhog Day.

People need to read the Steam forums for what the new patch has broken, as well. Very depressing. One step forward, two steps back...

Handel
11-21-2012, 02:18 AM
LOL... The pirate ghosts always go for the chest even if this means they leave the enemy and return to the other side of the battlefield BUT they always do this for the gold curse pile too although main is still for lvl 1-2 troops and they are level 3. This definitely should be considered a bug, not just bad AI.

ckdamascus
11-21-2012, 02:48 AM
LOL... The pirate ghosts always go for the chest even if this means they leave the enemy and return to the other side of the battlefield BUT they always do this for the gold curse pile too although main is still for lvl 1-2 troops and they are level 3. This definitely should be considered a bug, not just bad AI.

That isn't a bug, it's a life lesson for players. Greed can kill. :)

BenSt88
11-21-2012, 05:23 AM
Played the new build tonight to see what might be different. First thing I noticed was that some enemy units do only 1 hp damage; 2 screen shots from same battle below show this (and can't explain why the game is confusing the regular Snakes (red) w/ the Swamp Snakes (green); the Phoenix didn't set the Swamp Snakes on fire...

I've seen the 1 hp thing in other battles as well.

Another oddity off the top of my head: a stack of Peasants did 3449 pts of dmg; my 1st level Pain Mirror (72% reflection damage) only did 397 pts of damage in return. It's not like Peasants have any defense to lower that 72% reflection!

EDIT: My screenshots only come through as thumbnail sketches; after I've attached them, the print is too small. I hope others can see them as they should be seen, or otherwise take my word for the 1 hp problem. I'll try to zero in on just the text part in future attachments, sorry.

ckdamascus
11-21-2012, 05:26 AM
Played the new build tonight to see what might be different. First thing I noticed was that some enemy units do only 1 hp damage; 2 screen shots from same battle below show this (and can't explain why the game is confusing the regular Snakes (red) w/ the Swamp Snakes (green); the Phoenix didn't set the Swamp Snakes on fire...

I've seen the 1 hp thing in other battles as well.

Another oddity off the top of my head: a stack of Peasants did 3449 pts of dmg; my 1st level Pain Mirror (72% reflection damage) only did 397 pts of damage in return. It's not like Peasants have any defense to lower that 72% reflection!

Enemy units doing only 1 point of damage -- do you have Avenging Angel on? Looks like a new "feature" / bug.

They were Hardcore Veteran Peasants... j/k ;)

I_M_NEWB
11-21-2012, 05:43 AM
Ugh, this new build broke the inventory in a way. I can't access all of my items just by using the arrows, but have to instead use my mouse scroll button.

I_M_NEWB
11-21-2012, 05:49 AM
Also things like Cursed cross can't be destroyed with rage abilities, spells, and unit abilities such as destruction. The only way for me to actually destroy them is to use a basic attack.

oas
11-21-2012, 08:10 AM
I tought the same.
I have the medal already^^
But i was on build 6246 (patch 1). I noticed one thing: it updated even though i didn't have an vikings in the party (i had them on reserve).
Perhaps its random but they must be in the reserve/party

Cametolt I think you jumped my post :grin:

quest Black Label
I'm delivering back and forth the label and it doesn't stop (the dialogue is always the same) and so far i only got 1600gold. Perhaps its bugged.

Nirual
11-21-2012, 12:28 PM

quest Black Label
I'm delivering back and forth the label and it doesn't stop (the dialogue is always the same) and so far i only got 1600gold. Perhaps its bugged.

Nope, thats intentional. You can keep going back and forth forever until you tell one of them to use carrier pidgeons instead.
And you always get some gold, but its honestly not worth it.

Also things like Cursed cross can't be destroyed with rage abilities, spells, and unit abilities such as destruction. The only way for me to actually destroy them is to use a basic attack.

they also only have 1 HP now. Not that they had a lot before...

Enemy units doing only 1 point of damage -- do you have Avenging Angel on? Looks like a new "feature" / bug.

They were Hardcore Veteran Peasants... j/k ;)

It can happen randomly too, though Avenging Angel seems to make it a certainty. I've even had the Avenging Angel do only 1 dmg once.
(No, not the talent version).

https://twitter.com/Nirual86/status/271245468338642944/photo/1

I also like how these ghosts could reanimate 2 ghosts from draining a single hitpoint...

leelong
11-21-2012, 01:23 PM
Updates -

@Daniel Can you try casting Justice again in completely different cirumstances and let me know if it crashes? I've heard it's irregular.

Report: I tried to collect medal for my skald and cast Justice at the first round, it crushed very often, expecially at the beginning of battle.
Maybe it is because my units runes are at max? Or maybe it is the animation of casting justice?

Handel
11-21-2012, 01:32 PM
The hero perk (award) "Guardian" does not give resistance to cold (and to astral although it is intended I presume).

Nirual
11-21-2012, 04:23 PM
The hero perk (award) "Guardian" does not give resistance to cold (and to astral although it is intended I presume).

Considering artifacts that give resistance to all types include astral, Guardian should probably do so too.

torquemada
11-21-2012, 05:16 PM
Blizzard, despite listed as fixed still only freeze the target unit i.e the unit at the end on the row the spell is cast on.
Also I've never seen soothsayers icestorm freeze anyone outside the center tile.

I'm also fairly cerntain that icestorm has more than 30% chance to freeze.

Handel
11-21-2012, 06:55 PM

quest Black Label

It is pun intended. The name of the one of the orc guys is "Fed Axe".

trubble
11-21-2012, 07:34 PM
I've just encountered the Luckless Hunter bug. I see that it has been addressed by the 3rd patch but it doesn't seem to have helped.

Is it one that needs a restart to work? If so, is there a work around, like using the console for example?

Edit to Add: Nevermind, solution is here; http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpost.php?p=483122&postcount=7

camelotcrusade
11-21-2012, 09:39 PM
@BenST88 and others - About that 1hp bug. The enemies shouldbe doing more damage, right, but in the log it shows 1 damage? I'd like to list this bug but I want to make sure I understand actual vs. expected behavior and how to reproduce it. Avenging angel causes it?

@torquemada oops, sorry about Blizzard. My color tag accidentally covered more lines than it should have. It's back to green now.

@Handel yep, I have Guardian listed in the Awards section.

@I_M_Newb I didn't know about the mouse scroll workaround for the inventory so I will add it to the post. Regarding the battle obstacles that sounds like an documented change rather than a bug to me.

@Oas, to make sure I finally understand, the bug where Valhalla's messenger only updates for viking units is now fixed to work for any viking units, right? I can mark it as OK as of Patch 3?

Edit: Just tested avenging angel and I only took one damage. Added to the list. I also tested Justice but it does not crash for me. That's quite a flashy animation though, so I could understand where some people might get a graphics crash. Let me know which cards are crashing on this spell and I'll make an entry on the list. Finally, what is the Pygmy bug I've seen referenced but not explained?

ckdamascus
11-21-2012, 11:15 PM
@BenST88 and others - About that 1hp bug. The enemies shouldbe doing more damage, right, but in the log it shows 1 damage? I'd like to list this bug but I want to make sure I understand actual vs. expected behavior and how to reproduce it. Avenging angel causes it?

@torquemada oops, sorry about Blizzard. My color tag accidentally covered more lines than it should have. It's back to green now.

@Handel yep, I have Guardian listed in the Awards section.

@I_M_Newb I didn't know about the mouse scroll workaround for the inventory so I will add it to the post. Regarding the battle obstacles that sounds like an documented change rather than a bug to me.

@Oas, to make sure I finally understand, the bug where Valhalla's messenger only updates for viking units is now fixed to work for any viking units, right? I can mark it as OK as of Patch 3?

Edit: Just tested avenging angel and I only took one damage. Added to the list. I also tested Justice but it does not crash for me. That's quite a flashy animation though, so I could understand where some people might get a graphics crash. Let me know which cards are crashing on this spell and I'll make an entry on the list. Finally, what is the Pygmy bug I've seen referenced but not explained?

Also Oil Mist / Greasy Mist takes a LONG time to animate. You cast it, and it takes about 5 seconds before you can do somethign else.

Pygmy bug is GAME BREAKING. Normally Pygmy reduces per unit HP by 20/30/40% and it's attack etc.

In the current state, Pygmy reduce a UNIT's MAX HP to 1 hp. Yes, 1 HP.

So if I cast Pygmy on a 1000 stack of orcs, and I do 1000 dmg to it... I destroy the entire stack of 1000 orcs with one good rage skill.

This is especially dangerous when fighting against enemy skald units, but if you use skald and get lucky... :)

BenSt88
11-22-2012, 01:29 AM

Yes, both the screen and the log window showed only 1 hp damage inflicted. And, no, I was not using the spell Avenging Angel (nor the equivalent Skald talent; which is a waste of runes btw). In a different fight than my screenshots, a stack of Devilfish did 1 hp damage in 1 round, then normal damage in their next round's attacks. If there's a pattern there, I can't figure it out.

ckdamascus
11-22-2012, 04:31 AM
Possibly another bug. My archdemon scores kills, but no bursts of rage show up like it used to. :(

Xargon
11-22-2012, 08:36 AM
Also Oil Mist / Greasy Mist takes a LONG time to animate. You cast it, and it takes about 5 seconds before you can do somethign else.

Pygmy bug is GAME BREAKING. Normally Pygmy reduces per unit HP by 20/30/40% and it's attack etc.

In the current state, Pygmy reduce a UNIT's MAX HP to 1 hp. Yes, 1 HP.

So if I cast Pygmy on a 1000 stack of orcs, and I do 1000 dmg to it... I destroy the entire stack of 1000 orcs with one good rage skill.

This is especially dangerous when fighting against enemy skald units, but if you use skald and get lucky... :)

Were these bugs introduced with one of the patches? I remember using pygmy (lvl3) a while ago on a large stack of executioners and it worked fine. And I believe greasy mist allowed me to take action almost instantly after casting it.
edit: OK, after reading some posts, I see that it is quite possible they introduced new bugs with the patches. I have not played much recently and seem to be out of date - their patching progress does not help to motivate me...

Nirual
11-22-2012, 10:15 AM
Yes, both the screen and the log window showed only 1 hp damage inflicted. And, no, I was not using the spell Avenging Angel (nor the equivalent Skald talent; which is a waste of runes btw). In a different fight than my screenshots, a stack of Devilfish did 1 hp damage in 1 round, then normal damage in their next round's attacks. If there's a pattern there, I can't figure it out.

there is a pattern with Avenging Angel (not the talent), but not with random occurances otherwise. Like my screenshot seems to imply, it does not seem to affect things like lifedrain that scale from damage done.
Another fun fact: If the Jarl's armor ability kicks in when a 1 dmg attack occurs, its even reduced to 0.

On another note, the patch seems to have fixed several titles. I was awarded Dragonslayer and Beloved of the Gods after completing Hilda and Christa's Lv5 quests, both ingame and on steam. Several others seem to have been fixed judging by steam global stats: Lord of the Giants, Heart of Flint, Black Death.

Rork
11-22-2012, 10:45 AM
The game is definitely screwed up in a big way on the Freedom islands. I've already mentioned in a previous post the strange occurences involving the quests "Ay Vaz's Materpiece" and "Feasts of Spirits". More bizarre incidents occured:
- It seems every fight won on the Western island now sends me to the dungeon of Castle Sha Hong. So far this has occured on a random fight, on every pirate associated with Ay Vaz and after defeating Hagyr. The latter introduced a welcome change (yes, it's sarcasm): when starting the fight, the castle was empty, so I won, got some XP and was back at the gate; giving it a go for a second time, the battle went on as normal and then I was back to the dungeon (a place very familiar by now).
- The already mentioned Hagyr gives a quest called "Dead Men can't be Pirates". It involves the necromancer Sirius Black (I think...), located on Eastern island. Problem was that I already killed him, because I first explored Eastern Island. My mistake (although I don't ever remember being forced in the other KB games to follow a certain path while exploring), but in this particular case the quest is in the journal and can't be completed. Now I know you may kill in advance or by mistake heroes that can show up as bounty quests; no problem, those quests simply won't activate or show up as such. In this case, either make it a bounty or, if it's another type of quest, put in a dialogue option that takes into consideration the possibility that one may kill the target before meeting the quest giver.
- I had still to complete another quest, "The Wanderings of Odis Or". If completed before tackling Hagyr, there are two options with two different outcomes, like leaving the Odis inside his cave or delivering him to his wife; if completed after Hagyr, there are two options but with the same outcome, deliver Odis to the hell of matrimony. Not sure if it's by design (makes no sense, since the two quests are unrelated and, aside from the number and nature of bugs, there's nothing in common between KBWotN and Skyrim) or if it's a bug, but I thought it might be worth including here.
Saves for all this is still available, enemies less so (ran out of them during all these experiments).

Anyway, fed up with all this, I decided to ignore the pesky bugged Freedom Islands and move on to the rest of the continent. Did quite a bit of exploring and at one point decided to replenish my Elf archers, from the Titan Museum on Easter Freedom island. Imagine my surprise when upon fast traveling there, I was promptly thrown into a battle with a pirate I had so far avoided (Gonzo, labeled as invincible - btw, most enemy labels in this KB are a joke, totally misleading and plain wrong). Thrown as in instant travel, instant battle loading screen: this situation occured from then on at all times, no matter where I was traveling from or what time of the day it was, efectively shutting down the island until I could defeat Gonzo (after some leveling).

OK, moving on to Verlon Wasteland: there's a dragon castle only accessible by flight, with an assorted army of dragons, including an Ice Dragon. I'm pretty sure that it can't be killed in any way, because no matter how you deliver the killing blow, the game will instanly crash to desktop. Maybe there's a way to avoid this, but after the 20th try, I decided to just ignore it.
Save available if anyone's interested (and sorry if this bug was already mentioned somewhere else in the forum).

Verlon is also the location of Regina the Stone, one of the Valkyries. After getting her to follow me, I started a dialogue with her. Choosing the option "I wanted to ask you about something" opens up three more options, one about the Ice Giants and two other which go as follows: "I've changed my mind" and "I changed my mind". Huh? Selecting the latter works normal, you're back to the main dialogue page. However, selecting the former prompts a detailed answer about the Ice Giants, an obvious follow-up to the first question about them. Double huh?!? Really, this is no slip up or unedited typo, this is downright sloppy.

As a final note, congrats to whoever came up with the names for the Valkyries. So far, two of them, Regina the Stone and Christa the Stunning might well be porn stars, so maybe naming the main character Titus the Steel instead of Olaf the Whatever might be more appropriate - just a thought :rolleyes:.

Handel
11-22-2012, 11:34 AM
As a final note, congrats to whoever came up with the names for the Valkyries. So far, two of them, Regina the Stone and Christa the Stunning might well be porn stars, so maybe naming the main character Titus the Steel instead of Olaf the Whatever might be more appropriate - just a thought :rolleyes:.

ROFL.... They not only have names of pornstars, they do look like a pornstars (and are dressed like some would-to-be-bavarian bunnies. Obviously since Amelia is no longer on the screen the devs decided to give something else to attract the players;)

ckdamascus
11-22-2012, 12:33 PM
Rork, did you restart the game at all? Or you are still using you original saved game from release? I'm hypothesizing some of the bugs are coming from original saved games and it is going nuts after the 3rd patch.

While I did see some issues, I don't see stuff like that and I don't even crash to desktop anymore while walking around (this used to happen on the release).

Rork
11-22-2012, 12:48 PM
Rork, did you restart the game at all? Or you are still using you original saved game from release? I'm hypothesizing some of the bugs are coming from original saved games and it is going nuts after the 3rd patch.

While I did see some issues, I don't see stuff like that and I don't even crash to desktop anymore while walking around (this used to happen on the release).

No restart, playing with the original saves, but what I described happened before the new patch. I started to play after the second patch; the Ice Dragon crash is the only repeated and reproductible game crash I suffered. Other than that, I had very few random crashes, hard to say if it was KBs problem or a matrix glitch inside my PC.

Pogrebnik
11-22-2012, 01:22 PM
Please can someone hellp. I am stuck at quest "stop guilford" I have to kill undead armies 4 of them. and offcourse I did that. but it says 2/4. please help I dont want to play it from begginig. maybe save after that or maybe even before that so I can try it again. ANYTHING

oas
11-22-2012, 01:28 PM

I was on Patch 1, even so it seems to update at random even without vikings in the party (I had them in the reserve)

Xargon
11-22-2012, 01:35 PM
OK, moving on to Verlon Wasteland: there's a dragon castle only accessible by flight, with an assorted army of dragons, including an Ice Dragon. I'm pretty sure that it can't be killed in any way, because no matter how you deliver the killing blow, the game will instanly crash to desktop. Maybe there's a way to avoid this, but after the 20th try, I decided to just ignore it.
Save available if anyone's interested (and sorry if this bug was already mentioned somewhere else in the forum).

Known, and if no patch fixed it, try the solution from here: http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=35494
(Oh, and btw, this is mentioned in the summary of bugs in the first post and should be fixed as of patch 2)

Don't know about the other bugs.

bacchus1974
11-22-2012, 02:41 PM
i have install the last patch of 20 november and i have begin a new game in mod impossible
i have a bug because i have three valkyries but i can t increase level up valkirie ability because i have no experience after combat for my valkiries

thanks for your help

BenSt88
11-22-2012, 05:39 PM
I think I just need to stop playing this game for a while. I don't want to start over from scratch when there are new, bad, bugs introduced w/ the 3rd patch, and I don't want to just continue w/ my current game and find broken quests.

I'll keep monitoring these and other boards to see when they finally get this game right--as, when it's working right, it's a lot of fun to play--and good luck to the rest of you.

Handel
11-22-2012, 06:25 PM
It seems the wins vs keepers don't count as "wins" when counting the needed for artifact activation win. At least for my "Ring of Mind" I am absolutely sure of it.

Fatt_Shade
11-22-2012, 08:23 PM
@Handel
That isn`t bug. It was same in previous games. I think it because some items you can upgrade more times, or use them so often that they lose moral and need suppressing more then once (expl - dwarf hammer that after suppressing go to 50% moral, and lose 7% for each battle that have any dwarf unit in enemy army. In the Legend during Koradar and other dwarf lands i used hammer all time and got to suppress it 8 times = 16K exp and bunch of rage exp also gained).
So those battles could be exploited in some way, and therefore arent counted toward medal Grand strategist, of for items that need certain number for bonus (ring of mind, ancient amulet, etc).

Nirual
11-23-2012, 06:37 AM
I noticed the same thing in regards to morale of items, and I'm pretty sure they don't count towards the Valkyrie out of combat abilities or raven scroll writing either.
Still, there is a lot you can use easier keeper battles for if you wish.

Poul
11-23-2012, 09:41 AM
Ogre's Rage ability should increase Ogres attack by 100%. And in stats it does, if your Ogres has 50 attack, after using this ability it will say they has 100 attack. But when you hit enemy it makes no effect at all. If you can kill 20 enemies before using this ability, and then you use Ogre's Rage, you can still kill only 20 enemies with same damage as you could do before using it. It makes no effect at all on Ogre damage for some reason. Also, this ability on Ogre's currently active abilities list is tooltiped as "[special_ogre_rage] NF".

LegendMaker
11-23-2012, 11:50 AM
My manual saves get deleted regularly, without my knowledge or involvement.

I save the game, it works fine. A few minutes later, I click "Load" and my save has just disappeared from the list, like it never existed. Not sure if it's Steam or the game bugging, but it's horribly annoying and just makes me paranoid at this point. I was particularly pissed when I was forced to do several huge fights I had spent hours on all over again just because of that.

Happened to anyone else? And if so, do you have a workaround?

Nirual
11-23-2012, 12:31 PM
I had something similar happen to me around the time the last patch hit. I actually tried to reload after getting into a hard battle unprepared, but the recent quicksaves all said "this savefile is corrupted". So I finished the battle and they were gone entirely, but I was able to save again and it hasn't happened since.

So try playing again and see if the problem is still there.

LegendMaker
11-23-2012, 12:40 PM
I don't use quick saves (maybe I should), I actually type a name for each manual save and save it, but then the game erase every save except for the last autosave. It's been happening to me for the past few days, on at least 5 separate occasions. :-/

ivra
11-23-2012, 01:39 PM
Just some additional information about this bug:

Text, Menus and Tooltips
Inventory scroll arrows not working outside of a castle: The fix to the inventory scroll problem inside castles has made it so players can't scroll their inventory anywhere else; the scroll arrow is greyed out. Workaround: click inside your inventory and use the mouse wheel.

Inventory outside castles behavior: If I first click the Up Arrow button to show my army, then the Left and Right Arrow buttons work as intended. Also, if I scroll to the end of the list and then click the Down Arrow button to hide my army, I can click on the Left Arrow button until I am at the top of the list again. After that the Left Arrow button becomes disabled again. The Right Arrow button is always disabled when the army is hidden.

Nirual
11-23-2012, 03:25 PM
Another note about the changed battle objects: Powder Kegs have 0/1 health and explode instantly as the battle starts.

Ufozile
11-23-2012, 05:35 PM
When I kill a "kamikazed" stack with assasin backstab, the bomb doesn't detonate, and the game freezes before the next turn/round.

Handel
11-24-2012, 01:09 AM
@Handel
That isn`t bug. It was same in previous games. I think it because some items you can upgrade more times, or use them so often that they...
...So those battles could be exploited in some way, and therefore arent counted toward medal Grand strategist, of for items that need certain number for bonus (ring of mind, ancient amulet, etc).

But those battles definitely counts at least for one thing - to increase the "Guardian" counter - just checked by leaving one friendly goblin and spamming the stone skin spell.

Fatt_Shade
11-24-2012, 03:19 AM
@Handel
Yes those fights will count spells cast , rage spent toward medals/achievements. But battle itself wont count toward anything.

Thorbalden
11-24-2012, 06:29 AM
i don't know if ii's only my bug or it's suppose to be that way
royal griffin get -2 for having dragon(ice dragon) in the army. BUT i have persuasion 3( -1/2/3 =0), and yet -2 moral for royal griffins

ckdamascus
11-24-2012, 02:23 PM
Could you please add these are they are introduced with build 6249 and previously worked fine.

Pygmy does not work properly now. It reduces the health of enemy stacks to 1 HP per unit instead of -20%/-30%/-40% of their max health.

Whenever a demon kills a stack, a rage ball is supposed to appear and it can heal all demons on the field. This no longer works now.

The random 1 HP issue can occur when no one is using Avenging Angel the spell. This is PROBABLY because The "Favorite of the Gods" passive that smites back enemies says it is an "Avenging Angel" skill. So the bugs are probably interelated.

camelotcrusade
11-24-2012, 06:31 PM
Could you please add these are they are introduced with build 6249 and previously worked fine.

Pygmy does not work properly now. It reduces the health of enemy stacks to 1 HP per unit instead of -20%/-30%/-40% of their max health.

Whenever a demon kills a stack, a rage ball is supposed to appear and it can heal all demons on the field. This no longer works now.

The random 1 HP issue can occur when no one is using Avenging Angel the spell. This is PROBABLY because The "Favorite of the Gods" passive that smites back enemies says it is an "Avenging Angel" skill. So the bugs are probably interelated.

Thanks so much for the summary, these are all added. I've been busy with the U.S. holiday weekend. If you can let me know the exact name of the trait which is not working for the demon I'll update the list with that information.

@ivra I've updated the inventory bug entry.
@Nirual I've updated the powder keg entry. I also noticed skeleton coffins have 0/1 hp but didn't get to test it to see if it opens automatically. If anyone can test it, let me know.
@Ufozile I've added an entry for Kamikaze. I tested it, too, and it's happening for me regardless of what kills the target stack. I used it on bowmen and killed them with a spell and the bomb just hovers there, then hangs up the game when the next turn starts. Ugh.

camelotcrusade
11-24-2012, 06:35 PM
i don't know if ii's only my bug or it's suppose to be that way
royal griffin get -2 for having dragon(ice dragon) in the army. BUT i have persuasion 3( -1/2/3 =0), and yet -2 moral for royal griffins

Interesting. If I recall correctly griffons have a special trait that makes them hate dragons, so I think what is happening is that persuasion impacts first (basically no change, since both units are neutral and have no inherent penalty to each other) and then the specific trait layers on. So I think it's WAI.

What happens if you have max points in the one below it (forget the name) to give most unit types +1 morale (including neutral)? Does it net out to -1?

camelotcrusade
11-24-2012, 07:27 PM
Another thing I just noticed, post-patch (build 6249). My tooltip no longer tells me how many units I will resurrect with sacrifice or with the maidens call of valhalla ability. That makes it difficult to know whether I should use level 1, 2, or 3 sacrifice. Ugh.

Can anyone else confirm this? Is it the same with the actual resurrect spell and/or inquisitors?

ckdamascus
11-24-2012, 10:44 PM
Thanks so much for the summary, these are all added. I've been busy with the U.S. holiday weekend. If you can let me know the exact name of the trait which is not working for the demon I'll update the list with that information.

@ivra I've updated the inventory bug entry.
@Nirual I've updated the powder keg entry. I also noticed skeleton coffins have 0/1 hp but didn't get to test it to see if it opens automatically. If anyone can test it, let me know.
@Ufozile I've added an entry for Kamikaze. I tested it, too, and it's happening for me regardless of what kills the target stack. I used it on bowmen and killed them with a spell and the bomb just hovers there, then hangs up the game when the next turn starts. Ugh.

Understood! :)

The demon trait that is not 100% working is called "Ardent".

If a demon picks up a rage ball from Hilda, it will heal the stack, but if a demon does a fatal blow to wipe out a stack a rage ball is supposed to spawn. It does not spawn right now but I swear it used to in 6246.

Also, "Greasy Oil" or "Oil Mist" takes about 5 seconds to cast now. :(

Thorbalden
11-24-2012, 11:19 PM
Interesting. If I recall correctly griffons have a special trait that makes them hate dragons, so I think what is happening is that persuasion impacts first (basically no change, since both units are neutral and have no inherent penalty to each other) and then the specific trait layers on. So I think it's WAI.

What happens if you have max points in the one below it (forget the name) to give most unit types +1 morale (including neutral)? Does it net out to -1?

I've done it. Royal grifins have -2 presen dragon and +1 skill oratory, but still persuasion have no effect with both maxed

LegendMaker
11-24-2012, 11:23 PM
Also, "Greasy Oil" or "Oil Mist" takes about 5 seconds to cast now. :(
"Greasy Mist" and yes, I have that bug too. It only appeared a couple of days ago.

I'm guessing a recent patch has managed to affect my saved game, although it originally wasn't supposed to (my ongoing walkthrough is still the same game I started the day of the release). Maybe that's even why I had all these saves spontaneously deleted, I don't know, but I have a bunch of new bugs now that I didn't a few days ago. Some of them already posted here, like this one and the unscrollable Inventory (really annoying with a lot of arties).

I'd like to add to this one:

Powder Keg problems: Kill priority on exploding barrels is so high that enemy units cannot wait to hit them and kill themselves. Is this intentional? Update: Build 6249. Powder Kegs have 0/1 hp and explode instantly upon starting combat or appearing in combat. On a related note, skeleton coffins also have 0/1 hp but whether they automatically open or not is unconfirmed.

I can confirm that ALL obstacles/neutral objects, that I know of, now show 0/1 Health, but for all except for the Keg, it makes them tougher to kill. I'm definitely experiencing this with: Altar of Lightning, Cursed Cross, Holy Statue, Coffin, Wasp Nest (don't remember the exact name), and the Powder Keg as well (with the same instant-explosion issue described).

More specifically, all those fixed objects can now ONLY be killed by a MELEE UNIT attacking them DIRECTLY. They are unaffected by area effects, be it from spells, rage skills or creatures, and range units cannot target them, nor can semi-range units, for instance the astral ray of the Rune Mage doesn't work either. Meanwhile, their powers work just fine; your units will eat Poison Skull or Lightning until you move them away or waste a turn with your Paladin to destroy the object. Not funny.

Much more minor, but Regina's Messenger also lags tremendously now, about as much as Greasy Mist. Other Valkyrie skill animations still run smoothly.

Edit: I've checked, I definitely have the build 6249 too, now.

Another one I forgot (though I don't know if it's new, but it's not been listed):

The Labyrinth (Catacombs) in Verlon Wastelands doesn't close when you get out (and complete the Quest). It stays open, but only one-way. You can enter it again, but if you do, you'll be trapped forever. The cup opening the exit is no longer there, and there's no other way out, and not even an enemy to suicide on. The only possible workaround might be to upgrade an artifact (if you have an upgradable one in your inventory) and then flee from the fight; losing your entire army in the process, if it even works (I haven't tested that).

dainbramage
11-25-2012, 04:07 AM
I haven't read the whole thread, but these aren't in the OP:

-When a stack dies on a trap I get the mana bonus from transmute twice
-Lord of the North does reduced damage to high leadership units which isn't reflected in the skill description. Haven't figured out the actual formula.
-Engineers inflict burn every time they attack. It should be 15%.
-Berserkers' main hit does 4-7 damage but is listed as 4-5.
-Berserkers' retaliation does the shield bash animation and 3-5 damage of shock shield, but the description implies this is for their second attack only ("counter-attacks" rather than "attacks").
-Valhalla's Messenger doesn't do anything, at least at level 1. Berserkers and Warrior Maidens (the two vikings troops I'm currently using) tooltip damage is as it would be with no boost, and this is confirmed with crit damage.
-Speaking of which, I'm currently level 55 and have still only run into 15 viking enemies. Not sure if there's more vikings later, or this medal is unachievable.
-I managed to have two stacks on top of eachother. Told paladins to move to a different tile, but they went on-top of my berserkers instead. Screenshot attached. Haven't been able to reproduce this. Berserkers were the unit attacked/buffed when another stack targeted them, and for the sake of completion weren't healed by prayer.

Late EDIT: Map isn't aligned with everything placed on it in New Kordar. The character icon, alongside every building and portal are located about 1cm to the right of where they should be.

pkdevine
11-25-2012, 10:18 AM
Just informing there is a misspelling in the quest text the first time you meet Gudrida. Closed is spelled is cloesed in game.

Cheers

Paul

Nirual
11-25-2012, 02:29 PM

the coffins dont have 0/1 for me.

-When a stack dies on a trap I get the mana bonus from transmute twice

Noticed that aswell. Also, when triggers on kills with damage spells, you get the mana from transmute before the spell cost is substracted from your mana, so you dont get anything out of it if your mana was full before casting.

ckdamascus
11-25-2012, 02:34 PM
the coffins dont have 0/1 for me.

Noticed that aswell. Also, when triggers on kills with damage spells, you get the mana from transmute before the spell cost is substracted from your mana, so you dont get anything out of it if your mana was full before casting.

Hmmm I experienced a lot of "0/1" coffins, traps, obstacles as well. I can't take them out without explicitly attacking them (e.g., flame flood from red dragon doesn't break them anymore).

Regarding spells and transmute, I think that was how it worked back in Armored Princess. One of the big reasons why I felt nuking spell casters were at a distinct disadvantage. I couldn't spell nuke my way to victory without costing a lot of REAL time loss (waiting for mana to regenerate).

I had to keep a 'mop' up team or waste a few rounds using mana accelerator to save "game time" while wasting "real time".

[edit]
So, I decided to re-tool my build to get the "High Magic" achievement. Looks hard at 500K dmg and after many hours I was only at 210K dmg. Wrong. I forgot the new skills including how mana regenerates and how spells are so powerful that a mop up team is easy to use. I hit the achievement in merely 6 more battles.

This is a huge plus. :)

Another thing I just noticed, post-patch (build 6249). My tooltip no longer tells me how many units I will resurrect with sacrifice or with the maidens call of valhalla ability. That makes it difficult to know whether I should use level 1, 2, or 3 sacrifice. Ugh.

Can anyone else confirm this? Is it the same with the actual resurrect spell and/or inquisitors?

Sorry, I don't usually use Maidens, nor have Resurrection, nor usually the time / battle for sacrifice.

But NOW I do! I tried sacrifice and it works fine regarding tooltips. Worked perfectly.

Using "initial save game" of build 6246, but playing build 6249. Vanilla install. No add-ons or mods.

Tooltip works fine for me. I was using level 1 Sacrifice

Bet2ty
11-26-2012, 12:42 AM
If you are having trouble clicking into an area, try using the arrow keys to walk there.http://www.rxor.info/01.jpghttp://www.rxor.info/22.jpghttp://www.rxor.info/8.jpghttp://www.rxor.info/03.jpghttp://www.rxor.info/23.jpghttp://www.sbqg.info/21.jpghttp://www.ryzu.info/9.jpg