PDA

View Full Version : Bugs Thread

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5

Zechnophobe
11-01-2012, 12:19 AM
Yeah, I don't know what they were going for. But if that description is right then I wouldn't expect the unit to move once it's slowed. Can it have 0 speed but 1 AP? I don't remember how it handles that when you're say, webbed.

Actually, webbed is a bit buggy, in previous games. I recall sometimes webbed units would not be able to act. I wouldn't be surprised if this was a hangover from previous titles.

That said, 'immobolized' is a completely valid thing in this game. Choshas from KBAP were permanently immobile, but could still act. Same with Bruntors.

camelotcrusade
11-01-2012, 12:29 AM
I have the latest drivers and a Sapphire Radeon 7900.
http://www.rdox.info/01.jpghttp://www.rdox.info/02.jpghttp://www.rdox.info/8.jpghttp://www.rdox.info/04.jpg
http://www.rdox.info/9.jpghttp://www.rdox.info/0.jpg

Hi there - sadly your images are blocked for me. If you are reporting a crash, I advise packing up a save and those images for the admin, Nike-it (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/member.php?u=5015). Good luck.

RCDOWN
11-01-2012, 01:31 AM
@RCDOWN - Can you let me know the name of that achievement? Then I will add it to the list for a potential crash

Bane of Death

Khornn
11-01-2012, 01:50 AM
The artifact Shamanic Doll has a Use option when you right click it. It opens up empty dialogue screen which can't be closed and your game is stuck, and you have to quit the game either by Alt+F4 or Ctrl+Alt+Del.

Screenshot:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=105903035

Nevar
11-01-2012, 02:15 AM
Not exactly a bug, but I think it's an issue when Regina's messenger causes a massive framerate drop the moment it appears on the field. I was wondering if there was some way to fix this, as I really like that ability, but the fps drop is ruining it for me.

Loopy
11-01-2012, 02:24 AM
Regarding level 3 slow...

While it doesn't entirely prevent movement on enemies with 2 or less base speed, it does last a lot longer on them. Seems to be 50% longer. i.e., 4 turns -> 6 turns if enemy is <3 speed, 6 turns -> 9 turns.

camelotcrusade
11-01-2012, 02:45 AM
Update - Added the Bane of Death crash to Achievements and the Shamanic Doll crash to Items.

camelotcrusade
11-01-2012, 04:09 AM
Somebody told me about this bug but I forgot to add it... and now, karma has inflicted it up on me. And now that I'm actually playing again I'm finding bugs. Just added:

Your inventory stops scrolling when you sell: At some point your inventory will stop scrolling left and right when you're trying to sell in a castle. Destroying and cleaning out more spaces doesn't fix it. I don't think it started happening to me until I began to fill the last row.

Has anybody else had this happen to them? Looking for clues on what causes it...

Edit: Skald's No Target. Another weird bug happened to me tonight, too. Fighting enemy skalds and a window popped up saying "There's no target for this ability!" My theory is the reload on paean was complete and they tried to use it again. However, the only thing left was them and and a zombie stack, so maybe it wouldn't have applied to the zombies (who were already hasted, if it matters)? Other ideas?

Edit2: Rune mages have "Runic Staff" which says "Can strike at any distance." But they still have ranged penalty. Do you think that's a bug, or does it mean that they have a ranged attack?

Edit3: Rarely a level 3 unit will take my pile of Christa's gold even though they aren't supposed to (says levels 1-2). I've seen a sea dog and a vampire do this. How about you guys?

DGDobrev
11-01-2012, 05:45 AM
If you mean a chest in battle - yes, the AI does it when it has no better action. Works the same way as with crucifixes, coffins, dwarven statues, statues, etc. If the AI unit has 1 more AP and they have a chest or structure nearby, they will usually remove it from play - unless the AI feels that it's overpowering you, in which case they rush for your lines rather than destroy or pillage.

If you mean a pile of gold on the map... never seen it happen.

As for the runic staff, I would venture to say that the developers meant they can strike from distance.

DGDobrev
11-01-2012, 05:49 AM
One more thing - in KBAP/CW slow never used to immobilize units. It reduced the speed to 1, and lvl 2-3 only added to the duration if used on a slow enemy. Technically, everything is able to move at least 1 hex in any direction. It is not comparable to the Spider's web ability.

Nevar
11-01-2012, 05:49 AM
Edit3: Rarely a level 3 unit will take my pile of gold even though they aren't supposed to (says levels 1-2). I've seen a sea dog and a vampire do this. How about you guys?

Happened to me, too, but only with humanoids. I actually didn't know it was only supposed to work on 1-2 before the level up option came.

tiberiu
11-01-2012, 06:52 AM
Edit: Skald's No Target. Another weird bug happened to me tonight, too. Fighting enemy skalds and a window popped up saying "There's no target for this ability!" My theory is the reload on paean was complete and they tried to use it again. However, the only thing left was them and and a zombie stack, so maybe it wouldn't have applied to the zombies (who were already hasted, if it matters)? Other ideas?

I think this is more probable, I actually came here to post about this bug : Skald tries to cast curses on our units but if we do not have any lvl 1-3 units, the spell has no target and we receive that message. Thankfully, he countinues with other action after that.

RCDOWN
11-01-2012, 08:13 AM
If you mean a pile of gold on the map... never seen it happen.
They not really "take" the gold, on the second island when a patrolling enemy troop passed near a gold stash, the gold disappeared, the "grabbing hand" remain visible, but you cannot get anything.

This appened to me only once and only when ALT+TAB was pressed before multiple times.

I'm talking about non-combat contest, to be precise.

Highborne
11-01-2012, 08:36 AM
In the Catacombs (Castle/Area) in V. Wasteland; I cannot progress.

Enter the Catacombs, walk around, kill a few enemies, find the Secret Passage (by using Torch on wall), but the way is "blocked" by an invisible wall.

Also, at the end of the Catacombs is a portal which brings you down to a statue and throne, nothing there and nothing to help me go into the Secret Passage.

I think the area is bugged.

Rah
11-01-2012, 08:37 AM
I haven't bought the game yet, played the game of a friend, but I noticed many text bugs and some of the descriptions are really twisted and not well written.

1. Even in the first dialogue with the king you say "I want to be the new kind".

2. No icon in units window for Absolute Rage, only a counter and a description.

3. Icy Rage says "Enables the hero to invest his Rage skills with the furious icy breath of the north.", maybe "invest" should be "enchant" or "enhance"?

4. Quick Draw speaks of Archer bonus, but all units that have ranged attack are described as Shooters.

5. Sense Weakness I and II, the parameter in skills.lua is +3%, +5% but the program code is +5%, +5%. Furthermore the enemy penalty for critical is programmed as 3%, -5%, 7% which does not work as intended.

6. Favorite of the Gods has the most tedious and clumsy description, which has to be totally re-written.

7. Persuasion - the same. Persuasion I could be "Negates the -1 morale penalty", Persuasion II "Reduces the morale penalty by 1" and Persuasion III "Negates all morale penalty"

8. Artifactor - should be Artificer.

9. Soothsayer - "After his dedication, a Soothsayer fully reveals his magic potential." needs to be re-written, no one says "after his dedication", it could be "with his dedication" or "Committed to the Rune Magic, the Soothsayer..."

10. Many items have a funny description and one very important thing, the skills, items, spells descriptions are inconsistent - they have many different formats and not a single template. Sometimes it says +# Attack or Attack +# ...

gguogguo
11-01-2012, 09:47 AM
Great thread!

[Timeless Spell Bug]

Although it successfully extends buff on unit its spell effect is not last with some spell.

Example :

Turn 1:
Cast Lv1 Divine Armor to Knight Turn 1 ( last 2 turn)
Now he has increased resistance.

Turn 2:
Cast Lv3 Timeless to Knight at Turn 2
Divine Armor spell is extended ( last over 5 turn)

Turn 5~6:
Knight is still has Divine Armor at his unit info.
but his resistance is backed to 0 at defense popup.

[Resistance Medal and Divine Armor Bug]

It says it increases 'All' resistance but it did not increase Cold,Astral resistance.

pr0
11-01-2012, 12:38 PM
I haven't bought the game yet, played the game of a friend, but I noticed many text bugs and some of the descriptions are really twisted and not well written.

1. Even in the first dialogue with the king you say "I want to be the new kind".

3. Icy Rage says "Enables the hero to invest his Rage skills with the furious icy breath of the north.", maybe "invest" should be "enchant" or "enhance"?

4. Quick Draw speaks of Archer bonus, but all units that have ranged attack are described as Shooters.

5. Sense Weakness I and II, the parameter in skills.lua is +3%, +5% but the program code is +5%, +5%. Furthermore the enemy penalty for critical is programmed as 3%, -5%, 7% which does not work as intended.

6. Favorite of the Gods has the most tedious and clumsy description, which has to be totally re-written.

7. Persuasion - the same. Persuasion I could be "Negates the -1 morale penalty", Persuasion II "Reduces the morale penalty by 1" and Persuasion III "Negates all morale penalty"

9. Soothsayer - "After his dedication, a Soothsayer fully reveals his magic potential." needs to be re-written, no one says "after his dedication", it could be "with his dedication" or "Committed to the Rune Magic, the Soothsayer..."

10. Many items have a funny description and one very important thing, the skills, items, spells descriptions are inconsistent - they have many different formats and not a single template. Sometimes it says +# Attack or Attack +# ...

Good points but I think after his dedication is right ie I read it as undergoing a Dedication ceremony like a priest but it could be read either way.

Metathron
11-01-2012, 01:45 PM
Does Christa's gold fail to work for anyone else? It used to work in the beginning, but now, the units I wish to take the bait just ignore the gold.

Bunnle
11-01-2012, 01:54 PM
I'd like to report another bug that I didn't see listed here.

Gudrida the Fierce, the Valkyrie you obtain on Fastland, was upgradable for me to level 4 soon after she joined. She then offered a quest, saying that orcs had invaded my homeland after I had defeated the undead there.

There's two issues I have with this:
1. I wasn't even done fighting the undead and hadn't progressed the storyline past them yet.
2. I hadn't even seen or heard of any orcs up until now. And they certainly weren't on and around my homeland, because I was still present there myself at that point dealing with the undead.

Basically she spoiled part of the game's story for me and ruined some of the immersion. I think the issue is that the developers thought that you shouldn't be able to get her to level 4 so quickly. But seeing as, unlike her sisters who only take 1 item, she takes 3 different types of items it was really easy for me to do so.

Hagbard
11-01-2012, 02:01 PM
Does Christa's gold fail to work for anyone else? It used to work in the beginning, but now, the units I wish to take the bait just ignore the gold.

Without upgrading the skill only attract lvl 1-2 units 100% sure, maybe u need to consider that.

rekiem
11-01-2012, 02:18 PM
Shield of Rekcross is bugged when it randomly chooses the dragon to be ice dragon, the text is bugged, and if you try to extract the dragon the game crashes.

Metathron
11-01-2012, 02:43 PM
Without upgrading the skill only attract lvl 1-2 units 100% sure, maybe u need to consider that.

I did, after I upgraded it to 1-3, level 3 bears walked right past it, even over it, with no effect.

camelotcrusade
11-01-2012, 02:50 PM

Thanks, I'll add the clarification to sense weakness. For Absolute Rage is this a skill? A screenshot would help me report this better as I have trouble visualizing what is happening.

For the text errors I'm try to limit reporting on things you can figure out on your own (vs. completely missing text or situations where it tells you something should happen but it doesn't). Otherwise the bug thread would be overwhelmed with text issues. Fortunately we got some guys working on a text cleanup here (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=35514)if you want to repost.

camelotcrusade
11-01-2012, 02:58 PM
Thanks guys. Updates. Edited for more updates.

*Added Runic Staff has ranged penalty to Rune Mage in Units
*Added Christa's Gift Lv1 rarely affecting a Lv3 enemy to Valkyries
*Added Skald "no target" bug. Skalds might win the buggiest unit award. Or is it the rune mage? :P Added to Units
*Clarified sense weakness bonus bug with new information in Skills
*Added Timeless Spell may not actually work to Spells
*Added blocked secret passage in Verlon wasteland catacombs to Maps
*Added spoiler alert for Gudrila's quest dialog to Text
*Added Shield of Rekcross + Ice dragon crash to Items

@DGDobrev oops, I should have clarified I meant they are taking Christa's gold when they level 3.
@tiberiu I like your skald popup theory so I will mention it in the bug entry
@Everybody commenting on slow, appreciate the info. I'm not suggesting it should immobilize enemies, just reporting what the description on level 3 slow says (and bugging it because it's not doing this).

We're still debating whether shackle unable to affect necromancers is a bug. Something seems fishy (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=35502), feel free to weigh in.

Zechnophobe
11-01-2012, 05:59 PM
Either the 'fear' spell has been changed, or it doesn't work as expected.

I feared a large stack of level 1 slingers, and had the stack attack my Ice Dragon immediately after. Normally fear would prevent it from making offensive actions (though it can retaliate) to higher level enemies. Might have to test on other ranged units to see if it is a 'shooter' bug.

camelotcrusade
11-01-2012, 06:15 PM
Either the 'fear' spell has been changed, or it doesn't work as expected.

I feared a large stack of level 1 slingers, and had the stack attack my Ice Dragon immediately after. Normally fear would prevent it from making offensive actions (though it can retaliate) to higher level enemies. Might have to test on other ranged units to see if it is a 'shooter' bug.

I thought fear said they can only attack units which are equal to or lower level than they are. I haven't had ice dragons yet... is it a summon that's actually level 1?

Zechnophobe
11-01-2012, 07:09 PM
I thought fear said they can only attack units which are equal to or lower level than they are. I haven't had ice dragons yet... is it a summon that's actually level 1?

Fear does say that, and normally it works that way. But for some reason, this slinger completely ignored that restriction.

The ice dragon is a normal level 5 unit. 2200 Leadership no less!

Also, I tried the fight two times, and once the slingers attacked the icey, and once they attacked the Emerald Green dragon.

camelotcrusade
11-01-2012, 07:12 PM
Fear does say that, and normally it works that way. But for some reason, this slinger completely ignored that restriction.

Also, I tried the fight two times, and once the slingers attacked the icey, and once they attacked the Emerald Green dragon.

O.o Sounds like its time to pop open Fear and look for the loophole. Plus I have no idea how to look up individual unit parameters to see if slingers are special. Do you know how?

torquemada
11-01-2012, 07:24 PM
I WANT A PATCH AND I WANT IT NOW!:-x

Bhruic
11-01-2012, 07:26 PM

Can you PM me that save? I've found the code to determine what a feared unit can attack, but I don't have a good sample to test with.

camelotcrusade
11-01-2012, 09:40 PM
I WANT A PATCH AND I WANT IT NOW!:-x

I think best things about all these bugs is that a positive, can-do spirit has shown through in the community. We're documenting them, we're fixing them, we're helping each other and I know the devs appreciate it. I've seen other communities where all people do is yell in I'm glad this isn't one of them. Don't bring it down, man, it's all we have while we wait. Also (http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/haters-to-the-left).

camelotcrusade
11-01-2012, 09:46 PM
On another topic, I used Loki's touch on a stack of wolves today and something I hadn't seen before happened. They enranged, were hit by an enemy and then "overcame their rage" and took their turn. Do enemies have a chance to cure it when their turn comes up - before the duration comes up? Not saying it's bugged, just might need a descr. update if that's possible.

What have you guys seen?

FromWisdomToHate
11-01-2012, 09:48 PM
my rage just halved after i got valk. regina the stone.
I had 97 rage and now i have 44 as viking :(

My mana decreased as well.

camelotcrusade
11-01-2012, 09:54 PM

Did she set herself as your senior Valkyrie? I know they can all give bonuses so maybe the one you used to have as your senior was giving you bonuses. Can you check for anything else that might have changed?

Zechnophobe
11-01-2012, 10:01 PM

Hmm, Mad Rage scroll ended, and you switch senior Valkyrie, maybe?

Odd issue to be sure.

Zechnophobe
11-01-2012, 10:02 PM
On another topic, I used Loki's touch on a stack of wolves today and something I hadn't seen before happened. They enranged, were hit by an enemy and then "overcame their rage" and took their turn. Do enemies have a chance to cure it when their turn comes up - before the duration comes up? Not saying it's bugged, just might need a descr. update if that's possible.

What have you guys seen?

Were they hit by another stack of wolves? There is already a bug in this thread with 'rabid cures rabid' that could have been it, especially since you said wolves were involved.

camelotcrusade
11-01-2012, 10:10 PM
Were they hit by another stack of wolves? There is already a bug in this thread with 'rabid cures rabid' that could have been it, especially since you said wolves were involved.

Ding ding ding... wolves did indeed hit it. I didn't put together that rabies curing rabies was the same kind of debuff... e.g., rage = rage no matter where it comes from. I might clarify the bug, in that case. Thanks!

Alexgvf
11-01-2012, 10:34 PM
To my experience song of Midgard only gives buffs to the 1st stack. Put it in the bug thread :)

Sorry im a noob on the forum and in the english language xD

Edit: i just saw its an already known bug

ihira
11-02-2012, 02:27 AM
Is Pain mirror spell working as intended?

enemy peasants did 9200 damage to my troops so I use lvl3 pain mirror on them which says does 109% of damage they did so it should be over 10000? but it only did 4700.
In AP/CW It did exactly what the explaination says so whats with this?

Also why does Warrior Maiden's Gift of Odin(lvl 1-3 cannot counter attack) sometimes work and othertimes dont work? Its very hard to plan with this.

camelotcrusade
11-02-2012, 02:35 AM
Is Pain mirror spell working as intended?

enemy peasants did 9200 damage to my troops so I use lvl3 pain mirror on them which says does 109% of damage they did so it should be over 10000? but it only did 4700.
In AP/CW It did exactly what the explaination says so whats with this?

Also why does Warrior Maiden's Gift of Odin(lvl 1-3 cannot counter attack) sometimes work and othertimes dont work? Its very hard to plan with this.

I haven't used pain mirror yet so if you could do more testing for exampes that would be great. Pain mirror's damage gets reduced by whatever resistance the enemy had who attacked you... although peasants aren't known for their magic resistance.

I do know the answer to your second question. It's on the bug thread but under tooltips because it forgot to tell you that your maden stack's leadership has to be higher than the target stack's leadership or they will hit you back. :)

hotfix666
11-02-2012, 04:33 AM
when I start a new game sometimes, I see new enemy groups on first island. (that shall already was same enemy everywhere and not 4 black knights in a enemy amry) and sometimes certain enemies impossible win over unless you have some spells

Csimbi
11-02-2012, 04:36 AM
"Guardian" award - While the hint appearing above this award says that this award gives resistance to all types of damage, it actually does not give any resistance to 'glacial' and 'astral' damage.
It was fixed in my extended awards mod (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?p=476429). Those that want the fix without the modifications can apply the same fix by looking at the included medals.txt.

In addition, none of these LUA functions appear to work:
Game.MessageBox(...)
Game.InvokeMsgBox(...)
Game.Log(...)
Game.atom_getpar(...)
Plz fix.
Thank you!

camelotcrusade
11-02-2012, 04:45 AM
"Guardian" award - While the hint appearing above this award says that this award gives resistance to all types of damage, it actually does not give any resistance to 'glacial' and 'astral' damage.
It was fixed in my extended awards mod (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?p=476429). Those that want the fix without the modifications can apply the same fix by looking at the included medals.txt.

In addition, none of these LUA functions appear to work:
Game.MessageBox(...)
Game.InvokeMsgBox(...)
Game.Log(...)
Game.atom_getpar(...)
Plz fix.
Thank you!

I've added a Modding section to the bug thread and included the information about the LUA files. About fixing only the Guardian Award I am not sure what to change... (I'm an inexperienced mooder). When you have time it would help to see which code to change, similar to how it's done on page 1 here (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=35494).

torquemada
11-02-2012, 08:50 AM
I noticed that the predetermined total damage range displayed when attacking units is inconsistent when the unit has holy damage (possibly in other cases too). I've seen it more than once, the total damage is displayed X to X+Y but the result damage is actually above that range or X+Y+Z for you algebra enthusiasts.
More practical example: Lets say my Inquisitors predetermined damage is 450 - 680, sometimes they actually do 760 without crit.

rekiem
11-02-2012, 11:43 AM
Seems like some stuff on my game fixed itself, Butcher achiv counter was going up just fine, and I got it after 25 fights with 3 trolls, the shield of Rekross gave me 2 Ice Dragons on subsequent levels AFTER i skipped the level with that bugged one, and my Rune Mages have 2 Init instead of 20.
No mods running at all.

Bhruic
11-02-2012, 12:11 PM
Are you running the latest Steam patch? It'll be interesting to see how many undocumented changes they've made, if so.

hotfix666
11-02-2012, 12:17 PM
this dosent work for me... "Greedy" achievement counter now displays the amount of gold earned correctly*

I have restart steam etc :(

rekiem
11-02-2012, 01:33 PM
Are you running the latest Steam patch? It'll be interesting to see how many undocumented changes they've made, if so.

Yea, now that you mention it, I went to check and there was an 11mb patch this morning.

pr0
11-02-2012, 02:08 PM
Happened to me, too, but only with humanoids. I actually didn't know it was only supposed to work on 1-2 before the level up option came.

I think sea dogs have a special treasure hunting rule? - certainly I've been hit by ghost pirates teleporting to the gold rather than the unit I wanted stunned.

Vampires on the other hand I have no idea about - only legal move?

rekiem
11-02-2012, 02:23 PM
I dunno if it has been reported already, but sometimes after I finish a fight, it immediately starts again against the same enemies. It's like the enemy stack was cloned, since I get experience for both fights. (I got on one fight, won, was 5 xp away from lvling up, then the bug happened, fought them again, and lvled up afterwards)

camelotcrusade
11-02-2012, 02:27 PM
Hi guys, since the patch notes aren't super specific I'm not going to know exactly what was fixed in some cases (e.g., some descriptions are updated but doesn't say all of them). When you see something fixed that's on the list, please let me know.

@rekiem did this happen to you before the patch came out? Also, if possible can you mention where the fight was when this happened to you for the first time? Maybe they put two stacks on top of each other...

rekiem
11-02-2012, 02:35 PM
Hi guys, since the patch notes aren't super specific I'm not going to know exactly what was fixed in some cases (e.g., some descriptions are updated but doesn't say all of them). When you see something fixed that's on the list, please let me know.

@rekiem did this happen to you before the patch came out? Also, if possible can you mention where the fight was when this happened to you for the first time? Maybe they put two stacks on top of each other...

Happened both before and after the patch, and the composition of the armies was the same down to the last man/plant/undead/whatever. If they put two stacks on top of each other wouldn't they at least be different troop makeups? ;)

It happened more than once, the last one being in Arlania on that Griffon mountain, against pack of undeads.

But it also happened several times against random troops on the 4 islands before first big boss.

sethmage
11-02-2012, 02:50 PM
I think that the exploit with rune mages and phantoming(I know not the word in the dictionary) paladins/jars then giving the turn back to mages by phantomed unit for further casting is also fixed.

Sapher
11-02-2012, 02:58 PM
Is there a fix that solves the game crash during fight? When I was at the first island everything was ok, but after i advanced to the 2nd one it started happening too often for me to play any more. I dont know what causes it, if I start the fight over it might not happen(or may be i do other moves so it doesnt happen, i didnt pay attention). Just when an atacking unit animation starts game exits.

camelotcrusade
11-02-2012, 03:08 PM
Is there a fix that solves the game crash during fight? When I was at the first island everything was ok, but after i advanced to the 2nd one it started happening too often for me to play any more. I dont know what causes it, if I start the fight over it might not happen(or may be i do other moves so it doesnt happen, i didnt pay attention). Just when an atacking unit animation starts game exits.

Are you using skalds? There was a bug where their paean skill would trigger Last Hero and that spell animation caused a cash when the unit who had it was hit.

camelotcrusade
11-02-2012, 03:11 PM
Okay, I made a first pass through the bugs. Since I'm not going to restart there will be things I won't see fixed yet. So if anybody has time to skim the remaining list and keep it in mind while they play, I'd appreciate it.

In particular, I am not sure about most of the text issues are corrected and it sure looks like a lot of unit bugs are left. Oh, and let me know if when your valkyrie levels up whether those two incomplete descriptions are still on Christa's chest upgrade and Hilda's arrows.

Edit: At rekiem, thanks for reporting, I'll add it double fights to the Maps section in a minute.

Sapher
11-02-2012, 03:15 PM
Oh, i see. Yea i just hired them. Will try .zip file in the bugfix topic, thx

pr0
11-02-2012, 03:22 PM
Have tried restarting post the patch and the Warrior Maiden ability Call of Valhalla (the res ability) no longer gives you the ability to select a target unit making it useless. The only way to move forward is to cancel the ability.:evil:

Csimbi
11-02-2012, 03:26 PM
It was fixed in my extended awards mod (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?p=476429). Those that want the fix without the modifications can apply the same fix by looking at the included medals.txt.When you have time it would help to see which code to change, similar to how it's done on page 1 here (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=35494).

Here you go.
Make the following changes in medals.txt:

medal_guardian_angel_1 {
category=o
image=heroitem_medal_guardian_angel.png
hint_config=object_item
label=itm_medal_guardian_angel_1_name
hint=itm_medal_guardian_angel_1_hint
information_label=
maphint=
mapinfo=
price=10
maxcount=0
level=1
race=human
medclass=-1
use {}
fight {
{
filter {
belligerent=ally
}
pbonus=
dbonus=
rbonus=physical,3,0,0,-100,0,0
attack_on=
attack_off=
}
{
filter {
belligerent=ally
}
pbonus=
dbonus=
rbonus=poison,3,0,0,-100,0,0
attack_on=
attack_off=
}
{
filter {
belligerent=ally
}
pbonus=
dbonus=
rbonus=magic,3,0,0,-100,0,0
attack_on=
attack_off=
}
{
filter {
belligerent=ally
}
pbonus=
dbonus=
rbonus=fire,3,0,0,-100,0,0
attack_on=
attack_off=
}
{
filter {
belligerent=ally
}
pbonus=
dbonus=
rbonus=glacial,3,0,0,-100,0,0
attack_on=
attack_off=
}
{
filter {
belligerent=ally
}
pbonus=
dbonus=
rbonus=astral,3,0,0,-100,0,0
attack_on=
attack_off=
}
}
propbits=medal
params {
max1=50
max2=150
max3=400
order=8
complex=1
param=0
var1=spells_used-spell_stone_skin,spells_used-spell_angel_avenger,magic_shield_used,spells_used-spell_divine_armor
var2=spells_used-spell_stone_skin,spells_used-spell_angel_avenger,magic_shield_used,spells_used-spell_divine_armor
var3=spells_used-spell_stone_skin,spells_used-spell_angel_avenger,magic_shield_used,spells_used-spell_divine_armor
}
medc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
actions {
afight=
@=060000000000000000000000
}
}
medal_guardian_angel_2 {
category=o
hint_config=object_item
label=itm_medal_guardian_angel_2_name
hint=itm_medal_guardian_angel_2_hint
information_label=
maphint=
mapinfo=
price=10
maxcount=0
level=1
race=human
use {}
fight {
{
filter {
belligerent=ally
}
pbonus=
dbonus=
rbonus=physical,5,0,0,-100,0,0
attack_on=
attack_off=
}
{
filter {
belligerent=ally
}
pbonus=
dbonus=
rbonus=poison,5,0,0,-100,0,0
attack_on=
attack_off=
}
{
filter {
belligerent=ally
}
pbonus=
dbonus=
rbonus=magic,5,0,0,-100,0,0
attack_on=
attack_off=
}
{
filter {
belligerent=ally
}
pbonus=
dbonus=
rbonus=fire,5,0,0,-100,0,0
attack_on=
attack_off=
}
{
filter {
belligerent=ally
}
pbonus=
dbonus=
rbonus=glacial,5,0,0,-100,0,0
attack_on=
attack_off=
}
{
filter {
belligerent=ally
}
pbonus=
dbonus=
rbonus=astral,5,0,0,-100,0,0
attack_on=
attack_off=
}
}
propbits=medal
params {
max1=50
max2=150
max3=400
order=8
complex=1
param=0
var1=spells_used-spell_stone_skin,spells_used-spell_angel_avenger,magic_shield_used,spells_used-spell_divine_armor
var2=spells_used-spell_stone_skin,spells_used-spell_angel_avenger,magic_shield_used,spells_used-spell_divine_armor
var3=spells_used-spell_stone_skin,spells_used-spell_angel_avenger,magic_shield_used,spells_used-spell_divine_armor
}
medc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
actions {
afight=
}
}
medal_guardian_angel_3 {
category=o
hint_config=object_item
label=itm_medal_guardian_angel_3_name
hint=itm_medal_guardian_angel_3_hint
information_label=
maphint=
mapinfo=
price=10
maxcount=0
level=1
race=human
use {}
fight {
{
filter {
belligerent=ally
}
pbonus=
dbonus=
rbonus=physical,7,0,0,-100,0,0
attack_on=
attack_off=
}
{
filter {
belligerent=ally
}
pbonus=
dbonus=
rbonus=poison,7,0,0,-100,0,0
attack_on=
attack_off=
}
{
filter {
belligerent=ally
}
pbonus=
dbonus=
rbonus=magic,7,0,0,-100,0,0
attack_on=
attack_off=
}
{
filter {
belligerent=ally
}
pbonus=
dbonus=
rbonus=fire,7,0,0,-100,0,0
attack_on=
attack_off=
}
{
filter {
belligerent=ally
}
pbonus=
dbonus=
rbonus=glacial,7,0,0,-100,0,0
attack_on=
attack_off=
}
{
filter {
belligerent=ally
}
pbonus=
dbonus=
rbonus=astral,7,0,0,-100,0,0
attack_on=
attack_off=
}
}
propbits=medal
params {
max1=50
max2=150
max3=400
order=8
complex=1
param=0
}
medc=020000000400000045585052030000000000000001000 000010000000300000077617228000000FFFFFF7F000000000 00000800100000000000080020000000000008003000000010 00080040000000200000002000000737303000000040000000 400000004000000010000002800000000010000002B0000000 00400000029203E3D000000000200000002000000767605000 00001000000010000000100000001000000010000000200000 00400000067766172020000000300000003000000030000006 E616D060000007370656C6C3102000000766E1C00000073706 56C6C735F757365642F7370656C6C5F73746F6E655F736B696 E0200000004000000677661720200000003000000030000000 30000006E616D060000007370656C6C3202000000766E1F000 0007370656C6C735F757365642F7370656C6C5F616E67656C5 F6176656E67657202000000040000006776617202000000030 0000003000000030000006E616D060000007370656C6C33020 00000766E110000006D616769635F736869656C645F7573656 40200000004000000677661720200000003000000030000000 30000006E616D060000007370656C6C3402000000766E1E000 0007370656C6C735F757365642F7370656C6C5F646976696E6 55F61726D6F72020000000600000069746D5F6370020000000 300000003000000030000006E616D030000006D61780200000 06E61040000006D617833
actions {
afight=
}
}

camelotcrusade
11-02-2012, 03:28 PM
Oh, i see. Yea i just hired them. Will try .zip file in the bugfix topic, thx

We're not sure how to intermingle the fixes and the patch yet so stay tuned. But until we sort that out you should at least be able to use your skalds with that file. The only issue with using it is that overrides theirs, so if they fixed anything we didn't (i think it's spells.lua) you might not have that yet.

camelotcrusade
11-02-2012, 03:29 PM
Have tried restarting post the patch and the Warrior Maiden ability Call of Valhalla (the res ability) no longer gives you the ability to select a target unit making it useless. The only way to move forward is to cancel the ability.:evil:

Unacceptable! I love that ability. How could they?! Lol. Anybody else seeing this problem? I have to go atm but can see what updates and changes need added in a few hours.

Sapher
11-02-2012, 04:14 PM
We're not sure how to intermingle the fixes and the patch yet so stay tuned. But until we sort that out you should at least be able to use your skalds with that file. The only issue with using it is that overrides theirs, so if they fixed anything we didn't (i think it's spells.lua) you might not have that yet.
Thx anyway :) It works, i just tried. No crashes after bugfix for 3-4 battles :)

Totoro
11-02-2012, 05:16 PM
Is the valkyrie medal bugged? The one that requires you to use Valkyrie Skills. It has been 0/10 forever even though I have used Christa's Gift dozens of times.

Or does valkyrie skills mean like Christa's ability to give gold for each dead troop after a battle?

tiberiu
11-02-2012, 05:19 PM
Is the valkyrie medal bugged? The one that requires you to use Valkyrie Skills. It has been 0/10 forever even though I have used Christa's Gift dozens of times.

Or does valkyrie skills mean like Christa's ability to give gold for each dead troop after a battle?

Yes. It does not work for gift you need to use the other ability from the dialogue options.

tiberiu
11-02-2012, 05:21 PM
I am not sure it this is a bug but if somebody can confirm or investigate : For soothsayer unit, the freezing ability says that has 30% chance to freeze on the center spot and half (15%) on the other spots. I for one have never seen it do freezing on other then the center hex, and use it quite often. Is it just bad luck, or..?

Totoro
11-02-2012, 05:24 PM
I am not sure it this is a bug but if somebody can confirm or investigate : For soothsayer unit, the freezing ability says that has 30% chance to freeze on the center spot and half (15%) on the other spots. I for one have never seen it do freezing on other then the center hex, and use it quite often. Is it just bad luck, or..?

Me neither. It's always the center if it occurs.

RCDOWN
11-02-2012, 05:43 PM
Item Ray fo Light, the upgraded version of Silver Rapier, is unequipped automatically by the game after some random battle or when some item (not the Ray Of Light itself) go out of control (Morale: 0).

You find the Ray of Light in the inventory, and the slot occupied empty.

Hagbard
11-02-2012, 05:51 PM
Unacceptable! I love that ability. How could they?! Lol. Anybody else seeing this problem? I have to go atm but can see what updates and changes need added in a few hours.

y, I love this ability either and it is screwed up, doesnt work anymore, no unit selectable...

torquemada
11-02-2012, 06:07 PM
Oh I almost forgot, the hidden entrance in the catacombs (I knew about it because I played the first game :D) doesn't lead anywhere, a transition portal appears but you can't enter.

sethmage
11-02-2012, 06:22 PM
Oh I almost forgot, the hidden entrance in the catacombs (I knew about it because I played the first game :D) doesn't lead anywhere, a transition portal appears but you can't enter.

You can enter to catacombs using arrow keys on your keyboard (somebody mentioned that before), since we are in this castle, you can see a *hand* icon on the painting which in the original game lead you to another room, but now does nothing at least for me

RCDOWN
11-02-2012, 06:58 PM
Arlania. Quest Delayed Salary is bugged.

When you talk to Richard the second line dialog (you invite Richard to pay the soldier's salary) should update the quest.

Instead the dialog box close and the quest is never updated, so you're forced to let it pending or give the soldier the 500 gold yourself.

camelotcrusade
11-02-2012, 09:03 PM
Updates:

Added Dead Men Can't be Pirates to Quests
Added Delayed Salary to Quests
Added Ray of Light to Items
Added Call of Valhalla to Units
Moving Skald crash the top of the Units list. Come on, people, this is the most reported bug.

And I'm going to put newest bugs at the top of each list instead of the bottom so it's easier to tell what's new. I probably should have dated each addition from the beginning but I think the ship has sailed on that. It's my first bug thread so you live and learn. :p

Handel
11-02-2012, 10:30 PM
I see the patch fixes some problem with the Valkyrie donations. I read the patch fixes something about this but pre-patch after the 1st donation (to lv 2) to the 1st Valkyrie I have problems with *every* donations. When I click on "Donate to..." the artifact disappears but it is not added and the options window of the artifact remains. If I click again the game crashes but I found a workaround - after I click on donate I can destroy it and I get both the donation done and the crystals.
I guess this is not supposed to be in this way?

camelotcrusade
11-02-2012, 10:46 PM
I see the patch fixes some problem with the Valkyrie donations. I read the patch fixes something about this but pre-patch after the 1st donation (to lv 2) to the 1st Valkyrie I have problems with *every* donations. When I click on "Donate to..." the artifact disappears but it is not added and the options window of the artifact remains. If I click again the game crashes but I found a workaround - after I click on donate I can destroy it and I get both the donation done and the crystals.
I guess this is not supposed to be in this way?

Right, it was bugged. But it was bugged dialog and the function was still working. Just ESC or try to cancel that dialog that persists, the items are actually going to the Valkyries. You will see them sparkle when they level up due to donations. Also it takes 1 for level 2, 2 for level 2, 3 for level 3 and 4 for level 4 (for total of 10). Once you donate enough talk to them for a quest and the donate option goes away for those item types.

Bhruic
11-02-2012, 10:59 PM
Song of Svartalfaheim gives too much initiative <-- still present
Sense Weakness bug appears to prevent enemy critical hits <-- mostly fixed, but you're actually losing 1% off your chance to have the skill kick in
Destruction isn't activating/Rage abilities can't crit/Spells can't crit <-- they still don't have crits enabled for spells or rage attacks

camelotcrusade
11-02-2012, 11:09 PM
Song of Svartalfaheim gives too much initiative <-- still present
Sense Weakness bug appears to prevent enemy critical hits <-- mostly fixed, but you're actually losing 1% off your chance to have the skill kick in
Destruction isn't activating/Rage abilities can't crit/Spells can't crit <-- they still don't have crits enabled for spells or rage attacks

Updated - Very helpful. Can you restate Sense weakness as a bug? I want to make it very clear (for me, and for them. :))

AxellSlade
11-02-2012, 11:16 PM
Quest:
Luckless Hunter: Killing the Black Unicorn does not give credit. I reloaded a save a few times to test it out, and it never gave credit.
Black Label: If you let Ben Gorefiend go instead of killing him, the quest becomes stuck. You can tell Torfin that you let Ben go and nothing happens afterwards.

Bhruic
11-02-2012, 11:17 PM
"Sense Weakness has a 1% lower chance of activating than stated"

camelotcrusade
11-02-2012, 11:29 PM
RE Sense weakness I've added it. AxellSlade, I am putting those two quests in now.

Csimbi
11-03-2012, 01:32 AM
Here's one more thing for modding:
Awards (or medals if you prefer that name) are capped to level 3. as reported here (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpost.php?p=476746&postcount=6). Please remove that cap or at least bump it to five so there's some room to play with.

Handel
11-03-2012, 01:57 AM
Just ESC or try to cancel that dialog that persists, the items are actually going to the Valkyries.

Yes, clicking on "Info" does the job (and no non-legit crystals).

The "Tree of life" condition is impossible to dispel (the mutual damage bond cast by the orcs)? Is this intended?

namad
11-03-2012, 04:01 AM
killing an ice shell with hilda's arrows causes the enemy to go away...

I had a fresh ice shell on some skeletons, and used hilda's arrows, 600skeletons should've been appeared alive, yet instead nothing is there but the rage/mana globe... yet the skeletons aren't killed in the combat log they simply stop existing! CRAZY OP bug here if in fact ice shell+hilda's arrows will indeed kill ANYTHING AT ALL regardless of if it's 1000s of high level units or not

camelotcrusade
11-03-2012, 04:02 AM
@Handel and @namad: Yep. Both of those are already documented and sadly were not yet fixed. Let's hope they get them in the next pass.

Zechnophobe
11-03-2012, 06:02 AM
ice dragons are now gaining charges of ice minion on kills! Check that one off.

camelotcrusade
11-03-2012, 06:14 AM
@Zechnophone, got it.

Two questions for the patch users out there:

1. Do rune mages have no ranged penalty now? I forgot I bundled that in with their other bugs so if they still have a ranged penalty I need to put that part back on the list.
2. Today when selling in the castle it will let me scroll to the right exactly one box, effectively show only the top row of my inventory. What's it doing for people who have restarted and have a big inventory? For me the bug didn't start appearing at all until I got to the 3rd of stuff, so you may not see it yet if you restarted (or maybe they fixed it).

namad
11-03-2012, 07:54 AM
ahh sorry for the repeat, i was so flabberghasted I had to post right away

Hagbard
11-03-2012, 09:10 AM
@Zechnophone, got it.

Two questions for the patch users out there:

1. Do rune mages have no ranged penalty now? I forgot I bundled that in with their other bugs so if they still have a ranged penalty I need to put that part back on the list.

Seems like they still have this range penalty however just if the target is 8 tiles or more away. (was it that way even before the patch? i didnt have the unit before) So they do have a higher range than usual range classes but not sure if this is working as intended. Weird...

Handel
11-03-2012, 09:17 AM
Is there a buff which instantly reloads the unit's abilities? Because I just made a battle with an orc squad using the song which casts random buffs/debuffs (with the unofficial fix) and my soothsayers were able to cast the Loki's touch 2 times in 2 successive turns. And yes - I am absolutely sure of it.

tiberiu
11-03-2012, 09:22 AM
Is there a buff which instantly reloads the unit's abilities? Because I just made a battle with an orc squad using the song which casts random buffs/debuffs (with the unofficial fix) and my soothsayers were able to cast the Loki's touch 2 times in 2 successive turns. And yes - I am absolutely sure of it.

The spell GIFT does that.

saroumana
11-03-2012, 09:34 AM
Anyone know how to make the editor work with Wotn ?

Nevar
11-03-2012, 09:44 AM

I've encountered this with Loki's Touch, too, but I have no idea what causes it. I didn't use that song.

Hagbard
11-03-2012, 11:29 AM

I've encountered this with Loki's Touch, too, but I have no idea what causes it. I didn't use that song.

The spell GIFT does that.

was answered right one reply below how can u overread it :P

wildkarrde26726
11-03-2012, 11:46 AM
Noticed a bug with the Hero Skill "Jarl". It's supposed to give 1% more leadership at level 1, 3% at level 2, and 5% at level 3. Instead it gives 1% at level 1, 4% (1%+3%) at level 2, and 9% (1%+3%+5%) at level 3. Pretty sure it's not supposed to work that way :P

Fatt_Shade
11-03-2012, 01:39 PM
I cant figure out how does Runic power works ???
On 3rd lvl there is 3% increase dmg in rage skills , for each unspent rune to max of +60% dmg , and 3% of using rage again to max +60% chance.
Is it possible to do it more then 2 time per turn , like 60% for 2 rage/turn then 36% for 3rage/turn ... Or 2 times per turn max, with 60% chance.

What is for 3rd parameter in Accuracy ? +10/ +20 / +30 , what does it increase ???

aghiuta
11-03-2012, 04:59 PM
1. Ice Dragon does not get a new minion summon charge after killing troop even if message says it did.
2. Goblin shaman ability to link damage from own unit to your unit might be bugged or not explained properly. He always uses it on my mages and even if I dispel it the mage still gets the damage. either make it undispellable or if it goes away when dispelled make its effect go away also.
3. Still get some random error messages when orc units attack ice dragon and ice spiders (luckily the -dev trick lets me bypass them).

MattCaspermeyer
11-03-2012, 05:14 PM
I've been having a problem with Highterants laying eggs in cells containing enemy units and the eggs become invisible and move to a non-occupied location.

What happens is that the Highterant will take its turn and then you'll see it use its egg-laying ability either in an enemy cell or even a blank one, but the egg will be invisible and actually (in both cases) move to another cell that is empty. I can't see where the egg is, but the enemy can and will attack it. If they don't destroy it, then a Highterant comes out of the cell containing the invisible egg when it hatches and you get a new unit like normal.

I've noticed this on 3 occasions now and there also seems to be a related slowdown in the game turns between units when this happens.

This is using the Permafrost spell to create the Highterant. I can provide a save (or saves) if needed with steps to reproduce.

/C\/C\

P.S. Here is the post where I have a save with details on how to repeat this bug: http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpost.php?p=478064&postcount=443

camelotcrusade
11-03-2012, 05:49 PM
Updates:

Added Rune mage ranged penalty to Units section
Added Jarl skill adding up its bonuses to Skills
Added Ice Dragon death animation crash to Graphics
Added Ice Dragon creator ability bug back to Units
Qualified Maidens Call of Valhalla bug as some people say its there others not
Added Highterrant egg problem to Units

@aghuita sounds like I should add that orcs attacking ice units bug. What kind of message do you get... is it a crash?

If anybody has more info on whether call of valhalla for the maidens is working for them, and whether they can scroll inventory when selling or not I'd appreciate it.

Chro
11-03-2012, 06:07 PM
So, funny thing happened while I was modding. I was having trouble modifying the useless (past the first point) skill Edda, when I realized that it's actually broken in the original game. It's just no one's noticed it because no one puts points in it.

Basically, the 10%/20% bonus does not apply when you put extra points in it.

Going to go put the bug fix in the bug fix thread now.

Nevar
11-03-2012, 06:12 PM
was answered right one reply below how can u overread it :P

Because there was no way I casted Gift and the random effects song wasn't being used.

Zechnophobe
11-03-2012, 07:18 PM
1. Ice Dragon does not get a new minion summon charge after killing troop even if message says it did.

Are you playing with the patch? Because this is totally working for me. I managed to use the ability three times in the last fight.

Xargon
11-03-2012, 07:39 PM
Just a small continuity problem: Amelie's personal three-masted frigate "Butterfly" appears to have only two masts... :grin:

Avo
11-03-2012, 07:45 PM
I searched, and couldn't find this here. I've noticed that "Song of ljusalfheim" gives buffs to the enemy and debuffs to you. I did read someone write about it in regards to the unofficial fix, so maybe it's already known.

Zechnophobe
11-03-2012, 08:00 PM
Oh, I just remembered another bug I witnessed. If an AI Royal Griffon has no space to summon a Celestial Guard stack, it will still try a few times before doing something else. Each time it tries, you'll get an error message "There is no valid target for that spell" or some such.

Luckily it does not infinitely try or it would hang.

aghiuta
11-03-2012, 08:05 PM
Are you playing with the patch? Because this is totally working for me. I managed to use the ability three times in the last fight.

No patch.
I plan on starting a mage soon, skald not so satisfying so was just exploring with this char to get a feel for the game.
@camelotcrusade
I am playing with the -dev thingy so i get error messages in different window, will write them down when they happen again.

camelotcrusade
11-03-2012, 11:18 PM
Updates:

Marked Ice dragon as fixed
Added Book of Evil's drain ability to Spells
Added Calm Rage reducing max rage to Spells
Added Royal Griffon summon problem to Units
Added Olaf's personal rage skills not being used in autocombat to Rage
Added additional ranks in Edda have no effect to Skills

Has anybody seen the bug with orcs attacking ice creatures after the patch? Or the bug with Call of Valhalla after the patch? Call is working for me.

@Avo that look like a bug if you haven't patched. If you patch they updated the description so its clear everbody gets hit. If you would like it as written pre-patch, there is mod on the bug fixes (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=35494) thread for it.

camelotcrusade
11-03-2012, 11:47 PM

Same here. But guess what? Loki's touch has reload 3. Not sure if that is new, but I think this is what happened to both of us. :)

Nevar
11-04-2012, 12:16 AM
Same here. But guess what? Loki's touch has reload 3. Not sure if that is new, but I think this is what happened to both of us. :)

It's always been Reload 3, which is what makes me wonder about this all the more :lol:

camelotcrusade
11-04-2012, 12:21 AM
It's always been Reload 3, which is what makes me wonder about this all the more :lol:

Hmm. You know, I am always having my Jarl's tell them to go again. Because first they Loki, then I want them to ice storm. Maybe it's moving the counter. I'll have to watch for it.

RCDOWN
11-04-2012, 12:41 AM
Hades map, one of the lift is blocked, you can go over the platform but the lift never come.

If you wait a long time, and then try to go over the ramp border, you horse get "under" the ramp, getting struck.

Precise location here (http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2vsqej6&s=6).

camelotcrusade
11-04-2012, 01:02 AM
O.o Sounds like its time to pop open Fear and look for the loophole. Plus I have no idea how to look up individual unit parameters to see if slingers are special. Do you know how?

Something is definitely up with fear. Just had a stack of feared orc catapults fire on my soothsayers (level 3 attacking level 4). As with the other case, no appropriate level units were available for it to attack (all my armies are level 4). I am also wondering if the unit has to be ranged for this to happen, as I'm pretty sure I've seen melee troops just pass their turns under these conditions.

Zechnophobe
11-04-2012, 01:06 AM
No patch.
I plan on starting a mage soon, skald not so satisfying so was just exploring with this char to get a feel for the game.
@camelotcrusade
I am playing with the -dev thingy so i get error messages in different window, will write them down when they happen again.

It's a good game, if you like it, you should consider getting the officially patched version.

RCDOWN
11-04-2012, 02:45 AM
Spell Heat Focus lv.1 make the game crash to desktop during battle.

The problem occurred during the "elf invasion" just after Mista Cloud join your party.

Never tryed the spell before and never upgraded it, so i dunno if the problem it's for the lv.1 only.

Puce Moose
11-04-2012, 02:51 AM
I'm not sure if this is a bug or not, but this sure surprised me; I ran across my first orc unit in the game, and a stack of orc hunters rather rudely used their training skill to charm my stack of royal snakes. I thought that this skill only let the enemy summon a stack of friendly forest beasties, not take control of them! (It actually seems like an interesting addition for the ability, but it should be referenced in the tooltip).

camelotcrusade
11-04-2012, 04:33 AM
I'm not sure if this is a bug or not, but this sure surprised me; I ran across my first orc unit in the game, and a stack of orc hunters rather rudely used their training skill to charm my stack of royal snakes. I thought that this skill only let the enemy summon a stack of friendly forest beasties, not take control of them! (It actually seems like an interesting addition for the ability, but it should be referenced in the tooltip).

Interesting. So you can use training to charm animals as well as summon them? I have no idea how they'd make that work hehe. Anybody fielding orc units that has done this?

If you can let know what the tooltip normally says that would help me write an entry for the bug list.

@RCDown can you try the spell in another fight and see what happens? thanks!

Edit - PS, has anybody noticed that Pygmy sometimes makes enemies look tiny and sometimes it doesn't? They always lose life and stats, though.

Nevar
11-04-2012, 04:48 AM
Hmm. You know, I am always having my Jarl's tell them to go again. Because first they Loki, then I want them to ice storm. Maybe it's moving the counter. I'll have to watch for it.

YES. That was it! I do have my Jarls give them a second turn. I think that was when it happened.

Edit: Also, in previous games, Train Animal was just a Possession skill, used by the Druid. It's possible the tooltip got changed but they kept the ability itself unchanged. Has anyone actually managed to summon a stack of animals with it?

SNOV
11-04-2012, 08:13 AM
I don't know why, but suddenly game doesn't see save files. They exist in the folder, but game doesn't find them.

barsuks
11-04-2012, 08:58 AM
Didnt find near items bugs. Found that Vampire set dont give correct bonuses . Full set writes gives +10 atk +10 def + 10 rage +10 mana but only gives +2 all stats. And from set one item Prince's Crown dont gives +500 Leadership as it writes.

tiberiu
11-04-2012, 09:12 AM
Minor bug : Artifcator skill lvl 1 says I can craft items of lvl 1-2 but I made Student Belt which is lvl 3.

Also I think my remark regarding Soothsayer's "Ice Storm" ability got unnoticed, ability sais you can freeze anywhere on the area of the spell but in fact freezing only triggers into the center.

Fatt_Shade
11-04-2012, 09:49 AM
@SNOV If you patched game, or using some mod, game wont see saves from earlier version.

@barsuks That`s bug in item description loc_ses.kfs/eng_items.lng (there are just text part of items, nothing to do with game mechanic), right bonuses are in ses.kfs/items.txt and it says +2 att/def/rage/mana and -10% defense to enemy units (here are real bonuses for every item/set).

SNOV
11-04-2012, 10:32 AM
@SNOV If you patched game, or using some mod, game wont see saves from earlier version.

@barsuks That`s bug in item description loc_ses.kfs/eng_items.lng (there are just text part of items, nothing to do with game mechanic), right bonuses are in ses.kfs/items.txt and it says +2 att/def/rage/mana and -10% defense to enemy units (here are real bonuses for every item/set).

Well I didn't change anythings. At one moment I just stopped seeing saves.

Bhruic
11-04-2012, 12:55 PM
Spell Heat Focus lv.1 make the game crash to desktop during battle.

The problem occurred during the "elf invasion" just after Mista Cloud join your party.

Never tryed the spell before and never upgraded it, so i dunno if the problem it's for the lv.1 only.

Turn out that the root cause of this problem is the same as the root cause of the Last Hero spell is/was - they neglected to include the sound file for the spell. You can fix this by cutting out the "sound" section of the magic_temper_diff.atom file, or you could substitute another sound file name in that section. Either way, the spell(s) will work at that point.

Bhruic
11-04-2012, 01:06 PM

Incorrect, with the latest patch, the items.txt file lists +10 for att/def/rage/mana.

Bhruic
11-04-2012, 01:22 PM
Also I think my remark regarding Soothsayer's "Ice Storm" ability got unnoticed, ability sais you can freeze anywhere on the area of the spell but in fact freezing only triggers into the center.

Yup, definitely a bug. What it's doing right now is potentially freezing the center target for each extra unit that it hits. So say it hits 4 units total, with one in the center. The one in the center would have a 30% chance of getting frozen first, then it would have 3 chances of 15% of getting frozen for each of the other units. Obviously it should be targetting the extra units rather than the one in the center.

oas
11-04-2012, 03:08 PM
I still have the greedy achievement at 0 (even after the patch).

When I try to donate the rune of the sun (regalia) to Crhista the item disappears and the option to donate, destroy or see the info still apears. If I click again it crashes.

To lvl 2 is only necessary one item right?

hellsing
11-04-2012, 03:37 PM
The rage ready skill doesnt work for me.Its supposed to decrease cooldown of rage skills but it doesnt.

Fatt_Shade
11-04-2012, 03:40 PM
@Bhruic
Incorrect, with the latest patch, the items.txt file lists +10 for att/def/rage/mana.
Items.txt or eng_items.lng, because it seems like sick bonus +10 for 2 stats, and +10mana/rage. No set in game have such high bonuses. Here is part from items.txt and it lists bonuses as i mentioned
set_vampire {
category=o
image=
hint_config=object_item
label=itm_set_vampire_name
hint=itm_set_vampire_hint
information_label=
maphint=
mapinfo=
price=10
maxcount=0
level=1
race=human
use {}
fight {
{
filter {
belligerent=enemy
level=<5
}
pbonus=defense,0,-10,0,-100,0,0
dbonus=
rbonus=
attack_on=
attack_off=
}
}
mods {
attack=count,2
defense=count,2
mana=limit,2
rage=limit,2
}

Bhruic
11-04-2012, 03:42 PM
Again, you must not be using the latest patch.
set_vampire {
category=o
image=
hint_config=object_item
label=itm_set_vampire_name
hint=itm_set_vampire_hint
information_label=
maphint=
mapinfo=
price=10
maxcount=0
level=1
race=human
use {}
fight {
{
filter {
belligerent=enemy
level=<5
}
pbonus=defense,0,-10,0,-100,0,0
dbonus=
rbonus=
attack_on=
attack_off=
}
}
mods {
attack=count,10
defense=count,10
mana=limit,10
rage=limit,10
}
propbits=setbonus
params {
items=bloodsucker_sword,vampire_ring,chaos_crown
}
}

RCDOWN
11-04-2012, 04:45 PM
Turn out that the root cause of this problem is the same as the root cause of the Last Hero spell is/was - they neglected to include the sound file for the spell. You can fix this by cutting out the "sound" section of the magic_temper_diff.atom file, or you could substitute another sound file name in that section. Either way, the spell(s) will work at that point.

Allright, tnx man!

just, i cannot find the atom file in question. can you point me out?

And btw, i dont' think many out here got the game patched: the old save will be wasted and with him hours of gameplay.
I'm one of those; don't like to start over, some point are difficult or repetitive.

Bhruic
11-04-2012, 04:50 PM
In the ses.kfs file (it's just a zip file, you can open it with something like 7zip), you'll find the magic_temper_diff.atom file. Cut out the following (lines 202-210):
1 {
sound {
animation=default
frame=0.01/2.00999999
restart=true
file=magic_temper_diff
fadetime=60
}
}

Or, if you wish, you could look up another soundfile to replace for the non-existent one, but that's probably more work.

tiberiu
11-04-2012, 05:01 PM
Sorry if it was posted before, but I wanted to report that Troll's ability "Pacify" does not work for me. Ability sais the initiative of the victim will drop to 1 and that he will deal minimal damage but none of these things happen. Should be investigated.

camelotcrusade
11-04-2012, 06:03 PM
Updates -

Added Raven scribing dialog missing notifications to Text
Added Heat Focus crash to Spells
Added Vampire set bonuses to Items
Added Crafting scrolls don't show item level to Text
Added Artifactor crafting higher level items to Skills

@tiberiu I added soothsayer's ice storm problem yesterday (it's in the list) but forgot to mention it in the updates. We have a fix now, too. Regarding pacify, what is happening instead? Nothing at all? Does it show a debuff, or just does damage without causing any effect.

@oas that's a known bug, you have to hit ESC to make the dialog go away. It still counts, you just can't click "donate" twice. As for Greedy, I think you have to restart for that.

Still waiting for confirmation on whether or not Animal Trainer unit ability (Orc hunter) now charms instead of summons or if it does both and on actual effect of pacify.

Specaz
11-04-2012, 06:11 PM
Song of Svartafhalmen gives me +20 initiative instead of +2 (song which gives me +% gold after battle, +initiative -defense).
Also Christa gift stuck battles if i put it in creatures range (i upgraded it to 2 hexes), and creature cant reach it for some reason (slow, or blocked path).

ihira
11-04-2012, 06:40 PM
I just used viking vortex on enemy and moves it to a lvl3 trap placed.
Trap activated and did damage but didn't take away its action points; he was able to move and attack in the same round.

Not sure if this will happen with Archmages telekinesis move > trap.

ihira
11-04-2012, 06:42 PM
I just used viking vortex on enemy and moves it to a lvl3 trap placed.
Trap activated and did damage but didn't take away its action points; he was able to move and attack in the same round.

Not sure if this will happen with Archmages telekinesis move > trap.

lol wtf, ok in the same battle just now the same enemy unit mentioned above (undead spider) killed one of my troops and made a 'ha ha haah!' laughter noise which i think its the Soothsayer voice. hilarious

tiberiu
11-04-2012, 06:56 PM
Regarding pacify, what is happening instead? Nothing at all? Does it show a debuff, or just does damage without causing any effect.

It doesn't cause any effect. I am not sure if it al least adds up the 10 damage that it should.

RCDOWN
11-04-2012, 07:04 PM
Another long run bug:

No matter how many gift you give to Christa the Stunning, her max level remain locked at 3.

MattCaspermeyer
11-04-2012, 07:32 PM
My UNIT_SPECIAL_ATTACKS.LUA dated 11/1/2012 (first official patch) has the fix you specified.

/C\/C\

Units & Unit Abilities
Soothsayer Ice Storm only freezes center: Players are reporting that while they have seen the center hex become frozen they have never seen it freeze enemies outside of this hex. Shouldn't it be able to freeze any of the targets? -->Unofficial Fix! (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=35494)

@tiberiu I added soothsayer's ice storm problem yesterday (it's in the list) but forgot to mention it in the updates. We have a fix now, too.

Zechnophobe
11-04-2012, 07:34 PM
Well I didn't change anythings. At one moment I just stopped seeing saves.

Did you start playing the game 'as administrator' or something? This would cause it to look in a different location for save files, and is a fairly common problem. Logging in differently to your computer would also affect this.

macaxx
11-04-2012, 07:47 PM
I am unable to return to Tungsinn because this action causes the game to crash when load sequence finishes. Is there any patch to this or any walkaround?
I am playing it via Steam on MacOS.

PennyT18
11-04-2012, 10:00 PM
Christa's Gift now hangs up for me even if the unit has a clear path to the gold. I just had to bail out of two fights in a row because the unit was attracted to it and could have gone after it but just stood there while the clock kept ticking.

sethmage
11-04-2012, 10:10 PM
I don't know if this is a bug or was address before (nothing in the spell bugs on the 1st page thou) or my pc decided to do that, BUT, my 3rd level spells don't work on 4level toons, like shackles or hypnosis. anybody else has a similar problem?

camelotcrusade
11-04-2012, 11:50 PM
Another long run bug: No matter how many gift you give to Christa the Stunning, her max level remain locked at 3.

Can anyone confirm Christa not leveling up with a restarted game? I haven't found enough regalia to level her up. Also, can anyone else confirm Song of Svartalheim giving +20 initiative after the patch? I thought it used to be a +10 bug. It works fine for me, but I am using the unofficial fix for it.

@Sethmage, make sure you have enough leadership in your spellpower to affect those units. Try casting them again when the army size is much smaller, later in the game the armies are too big to affect until you kill some troops.
@Specaz, we have a fix for that song here (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=35494).

Updated Christa's Gift bug under Valkyries
Added trap bug to Spells

aghiuta
11-04-2012, 11:54 PM
did not patch the game (stopped playing and waiting for a few more patches before I restart) so this might not still apply but for Christa to get her from level 3 to 4 giving the item was successful 1 in 5 attempts, so took some reloading before the donation registered. I did 15 reloads to check and only 3 were successful.
I had same problem with other valkyria, sometimes i fed them 5 items in a row and no lvl increase and sometimes they registered.

Bhruic
11-05-2012, 12:54 AM
Added Vampire set bonuses to Items

If you check your items.txt file (find the set_vampire), you'll note that it's actually been fixed in the patch. I'm not sure what version Fatt_Shade is using, but it doesn't seem to be the latest.

camelotcrusade
11-05-2012, 01:03 AM
If you check your items.txt file (find the set_vampire), you'll note that it's actually been fixed in the patch. I'm not sure what version Fatt_Shade is using, but it doesn't seem to be the latest.

Okay, thanks, I'll remove it for now. It's trickier to track now that a couple versions are floating around. Still, we have quite a list, don't we. :)

Bhruic
11-05-2012, 01:08 AM
That we do. :)

It's going to be rather more complicated by the fact the MacOS version just got released. No idea if they are sharing a codebase (and hence patch status).

Might consider having people submitting bugs list their game version number as well as their OS to try and label bugs properly.

RCDOWN
11-05-2012, 02:52 AM
Okay, thanks, I'll remove it for now. It's trickier to track now that a couple versions are floating around. Still, we have quite a list, don't we. :)

Maybe you can rearrange the bug list in a way like this:

Ver. 1.1
-Bug x corrected
-Bug y corrected

Or leave the list at is it, and gray out the corrected bug, but adding a tag that specifies what version correct it.

Ex.
-Bug x reported [unofficial fix]
-Bug y reported [still pending]
-Bug z reported [fixed on ver. 1.1]

It's a lot of work at the beginning, but it's obliovus that most player are reluctant to restart the game, because they lost their saved progress.
I intend to finish the game first, the restart with the new fixes.

camelotcrusade
11-05-2012, 05:48 AM
Thanks for the suggestions. It took me about an hour of experimentation to come up with a way to improve the organization that didn't make it worse. Now that I have something working, I am going through the thread and upgrading it. I hope it helps!

@Zechnophobe - When you can, let me know which tooltip issues you are able to fix with your mod and I can colorize them. How about purple?

RCDOWN
11-05-2012, 08:41 AM
@camelotcrusade:

you're doing a really great job here man! not only Dev but player must be very gratefull too!

BB Shockwave
11-05-2012, 11:36 AM
I don't know if this is a bug or was address before (nothing in the spell bugs on the 1st page thou) or my pc decided to do that, BUT, my 3rd level spells don't work on 4level toons, like shackles or hypnosis. anybody else has a similar problem?

Since AP, these two spells also have a Leadership requirement - which increases per Intellect. I dunno if the description says that...

tiberiu
11-05-2012, 12:11 PM
Not sure if this is a bug or is working as intended, I would however say it's not really ok as it is.

Enemy Ghost takes turn. Player Engineers blind the Ghost using Flash Bomb. Enemy Zombie uses Pass ability and gives action to Ghost. Ghost is now blinded for 2 turns, and is yet to move. When her turn comes, she can't take action because of blind but she still remains blinded for 2 turns. Thus, we can say the Ghost was blinded for 3 unique to her turns - instead of just 2.

Mandea
11-05-2012, 12:36 PM
but the ghost wasn't blinded for game 3 turns, it was blinded for 2 game turns and 1 was because the ghost received a second action within the same turn. It seems ok to me, maybe it was meant to be like this. or maybe it wasn't :)

generalee
11-05-2012, 01:31 PM
I am unable to return to Tungsinn because this action causes the game to crash when load sequence finishes. Is there any patch to this or any walkaround?
I am playing it via Steam on MacOS.

I reached Tungsinn today and had the same problem. I load an older save but game crash whenever I left then return to Tungsinn. This is very frustrating.
I'm playing on Win7.

BB Shockwave
11-05-2012, 01:36 PM
Something is definitely up with fear. Just had a stack of feared orc catapults fire on my soothsayers (level 3 attacking level 4). As with the other case, no appropriate level units were available for it to attack (all my armies are level 4). I am also wondering if the unit has to be ranged for this to happen, as I'm pretty sure I've seen melee troops just pass their turns under these conditions.

Same thing happened to me a lot of times, especially when fighting wolves - I even took a screenshot. My slingers were still able to attack the enemy bears, when they shouldn't have...

torquemada
11-05-2012, 01:54 PM
For some reason there is now trotting sound when walking on the lighthouse island on the first island. Is it just me?

Loopy
11-05-2012, 02:01 PM
Same thing happened to me a lot of times, especially when fighting wolves - I even took a screenshot. My slingers were still able to attack the enemy bears, when they shouldn't have...

Are the units using skills? I've noticed that the game often doesn't consider skills to be attacks for the purpose of what unit the AI can use something on.

Nevar
11-05-2012, 02:03 PM
^ What Loopy said. Skills seem unaffected by Fear. Makes it a bit less useful.

Bhruic
11-05-2012, 02:54 PM
That doesn't seem to be the case. I tested on some snakes, who have the Strike ability. When feared, they neither attacked nor used that ability to attack. So there must be something else affecting things.

edit: Another test vs Catapults did have them attack my Rune Mages (with their special attack), so the bug is definitely present in some form.

Loopy
11-05-2012, 03:15 PM
I think it may have something to do with a skill being AoE or Magic vs a more standard attack skill, the former seem to generally not be prevented by Fear and can ignore Target. Damned orcs shamans with those astral spells.

camelotcrusade
11-05-2012, 03:33 PM
I just added the Troll's pacify ability not doing anything (missed that earlier).

That fear thing is really vexing. We haven't ruled out that it just doesn't work on ranged attacks, though, have we? Have you ever seen a ranged unit attack with a normal shot while under fear? I think I saw the catapult use his fireball so that would be consistent with the theory it can still use AOE attacks (possibly ones that don't directly target the feared creature). If that's what it's doing, I wonder if it's even possible to fix it.

And about the "pass" ability, if it doesn't decrease counters than I guess it's not as good at the Jarl ability. I guess the subtle difference is the zombie is transferring its own action points whereas the Jarl's say they give you another action. That's splitting hairs, isn't it? lol

Bhruic
11-05-2012, 03:39 PM
Ok, figured out what the problem is. There's a big section of code that only triggers if an ability/attack is considered "offensive". That handles most normal attacks, and most ordinary special abilities like the snake's Strike. There's another section, however, that handles the more special abilities, and unfortunately there's no check here for whether an action is "offensive" or not. It includes lots of abilities that should still be able to be used (Priest's Bless ability to name an example), but it includes quite a few other abilities that shouldn't - such as the Catapult's Fiery Shot.

edit: Turns out that it might just be the one offensive ability - has anyone seen it happen for anything besides Slingers/Catapults?

edit x2: Oddly it doesn't seem to be having the same trouble with invisibility, which I thought it would be.

Bhruic
11-05-2012, 05:12 PM
Ok, was able to come up with a fix for Slingers/Catapults... Now to figure out if it's happening for any other abilities...

camelotcrusade
11-05-2012, 06:45 PM
Very cool. I can code the fear entry as green once you think its read.

Another test you could do would be whether ice storm is castable from a feared soothsayer on a level 5 unit. Sure, it won't come up much, but I think that one could also target a non-occupied square and still hit an illegal mob. Maybe imp fireball would fall into this category too, but I haven't had those in so long I don't know if you can target an empty square.

Or is that totally unrelated and it's really whether or not an ability is coded as offensive?

Mandea
11-05-2012, 06:48 PM
Add this: artefact Courtly Garb cannot be upgraded allthough you have this option. When you click OK nothing happens.

quests:
-- fly the banner - although you kill the orc in the citadel you have no option to raise the flag and you cannot finish the quest
-- a star is born - see above, no flag no dress no quest
-- luckless hunter - although you kill the unicorn you get no artifact so you cannot finish the quest
-- paper for the professor - maybe not a bug but I didn't manage to get ink for the professor (paper yes, ink not)
-- Dead man can't be pirates - sirius pale atacked me before I got the quest so now I cannot finish it.

emiledrg
11-05-2012, 07:14 PM

Can u explain this better pls? I am really confused about what to do about it, I can't find magic_temper_diff.atom and I don't know what do u mean by "cutting out the "sound" section" of that file.
Thx a lot.

Bhruic
11-05-2012, 07:26 PM
Another test you could do would be whether ice storm is castable from a feared soothsayer on a level 5 unit. Sure, it won't come up much, but I think that one could also target a non-occupied square and still hit an illegal mob. Maybe imp fireball would fall into this category too, but I haven't had those in so long I don't know if you can target an empty square.

Or is that totally unrelated and it's really whether or not an ability is coded as offensive?

The problem is that it's really hard to arrange those sorts of fights. Wish the game had a built-in arena so you could pick units (on both sides). That'd make a lot of this testing much, much easier.

Bhruic
11-05-2012, 07:27 PM
Can u explain this better pls? I am really confused about what to do about it, I can't find magic_temper_diff.atom and I don't know what do u mean by "cutting out the "sound" section" of that file.
Thx a lot.

Well, it's no longer an issue, as the patch fixed this problem (patch_001.kfs now contains the missing sound files for this and for last hero).

camelotcrusade
11-05-2012, 07:50 PM
The problem is that it's really hard to arrange those sorts of fights. Wish the game had a built-in arena so you could pick units (on both sides). That'd make a lot of this testing much, much easier.

No kidding. And here I thought you had discovered some magical unit spawner or console command to swap units. In any case the fix you made is very appreciated. I'm going to mod it in now and go look for a catapult.

Handel
11-05-2012, 08:00 PM
"Action Rage" skill don't reduce the rest time of Hilda Arrows - it starts from 2 and remains at 2 even at lv 3 action rage skill. Don't know what happens if you upgrade it and increase the rest time.

Xargon
11-05-2012, 09:33 PM
I'm not really sure about this, maybe someone else noticed it as well:

When casting Greasy Mist lvl3 (-70% ranged damage) on skeleton archers, their damage shows 0-0. But I suspect the game somehow treats this wrong, as they seem to be doing normal damage. When using the lvl2 spell, they have 1-1 damage and it seems to be less damage. I'll observe this further when I get around to it.

On a side note, on one or two occasions, they really did close to no damage (I believe 1 damage, but not 100% sure) when under the effect of the lvl3 mist, but I have no idea when this happens...

camelotcrusade
11-05-2012, 10:18 PM
@Bhruic I've coded the fear bug to green indicating there is a fix. Thanks!
@mandea I have several of those quests listed but this is my first report about "fly the banner" and "a star is born." Are you using a patched or unpatched game?
@Handel is Action Rage working for other rage skills, or not doing anything at all? I think someone reported this earlier and I missed it. I will search the bugs thread.
@Xargon I do use that spell but never thought to check the damage range. It could be working as intended though... maybe it reduces the total damage by x%? Bhruic could probably tell us if the code is sound.

Update - back on page 22 (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=35325&highlight=rage&page=22) there was a three part conversation about the Rage Ready skill. Some players thought it only impacts Olaf's skills, while others said it impacts Valkyrie skills but you have to take in account upgrades which increase the timer. It was never resolved into a clear bug - does anybody have new data or the ability to do some tests?

Zechnophobe
11-05-2012, 10:26 PM
I'm not really sure about this, maybe someone else noticed it as well:

When casting Greasy Mist lvl3 (-70% ranged damage) on skeleton archers, their damage shows 0-0. But I suspect the game somehow treats this wrong, as they seem to be doing normal damage. When using the lvl2 spell, they have 1-1 damage and it seems to be less damage. I'll observe this further when I get around to it.

On a side note, on one or two occasions, they really did close to no damage (I believe 1 damage, but not 100% sure) when under the effect of the lvl3 mist, but I have no idea when this happens...

I've seen troops do 0 ranged damage before, but not in WotN. I think it rounds somewhere in there, and can possibly round down to 0, but am not completely sure.

Zechnophobe
11-05-2012, 10:26 PM
"Action Rage" skill don't reduce the rest time of Hilda Arrows - it starts from 2 and remains at 2 even at lv 3 action rage skill. Don't know what happens if you upgrade it and increase the rest time.

Rage Ready skill only effects Olafs skills (the top row).

I think I'm going to make this more obvious in my next release of the Language Mod.

Zechnophobe
11-05-2012, 10:33 PM
Thanks for the suggestions. It took me about an hour of experimentation to come up with a way to improve the organization that didn't make it worse. Now that I have something working, I am going through the thread and upgrading it. I hope it helps!

@Zechnophobe - When you can, let me know which tooltip issues you are able to fix with your mod and I can colorize them. How about purple?

Will do, probably have some time to clean s'more stuff up tonight.

Going to focus on making Rage Ready, and Icy Rage specify which rage skills they work with. Maybe make Olaf's three skills more specifically 'Viking' skills or something.

Second up will be hitting the known tooltip errors hear.

Handel
11-05-2012, 10:42 PM
Arghhh... the "shield bash" skill makes the vikings slide over the traps. Don't know if this is a bug or intended but they still walk on the earth so they should be trapped by the traps.

hardy87
11-05-2012, 10:53 PM
This one fixed in steam patch

Units & Unit Abilities

Warrior Maiden Call of Valhalla broken: After Patch 1, some players are reporting this ability won't let you target units and you have to cancel it to proceed with the battle.

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpost.php?p=477774&postcount=136

Bhruic
11-05-2012, 11:07 PM
Ugh. Please stop perpetuating this one. No one that has actually patched the game (properly) is getting this bug. The only people having issues with the Call of Valhalla are people who tried to either apply the pre-patch unofficial fix to the post-patch game, or (in your case) tried to apply the post-patch unofficial fix to the pre-patch game. Your "fix" does nothing more than revert the file to the pre-patch state, which obviously only works on pre-patch games.

@camelotcrusade - can you remove that bug from the list?

camelotcrusade
11-05-2012, 11:24 PM
Ugh. Please stop perpetuating this one. No one that has actually patched the game (properly) is getting this bug. The only people having issues with the Call of Valhalla are people who tried to either apply the pre-patch unofficial fix to the post-patch game, or (in your case) tried to apply the post-patch unofficial fix to the pre-patch game. Your "fix" does nothing more than revert the file to the pre-patch state, which obviously only works on pre-patch games.

@camelotcrusade - can you remove that bug from the list?

Good point. Much like a stack of maidens, it keeps resurrecting. Killing now. :D

Bhruic
11-05-2012, 11:29 PM
This is using the Permafrost spell to create the Highterant. I can provide a save (or saves) if needed with steps to reproduce.

/C\/C\

Crap, missed the offer of a save for this. Do you still have one available? If so, can you attach it to either this thread, or the Bugfix thread?

Loopy
11-05-2012, 11:51 PM

You could always decompile your save game, edit it, and then recompile it. Not sure if the tool for recompiling saves works for WotN though.

Bhruic
11-06-2012, 12:34 AM
Orc Hunters render units unattackable with Control Animal: If the target of control animals survives it can become unattackable by melee and must be ranged to be defeated.

I'm not sure if this is still true or not, but it overlooks a bigger issue - that the ability as described isn't supposed to control animals. The tooltip for their only ability is "Training", and the description for it is that it allows the Orc Hunter to summon a unit of animals. If, in fact it only allows you to control animals (and I'm pretty sure it does), then the bigger point is that the tooltip is completely wrong.

edit: Also, despite their description claiming they are, Witch Hunters are not immune to mind spells.

edit x2: Magic Shackles won't work on Necromancers: No information on Magic Shackles or on Necromancers explains why it doesn't work on them (it works on all other undead). It won't even work on a single necromancer, so it's not a leadership issue. Please allow it to work or make clear which feature prevents magic shackle.

It's definitely Mind immunity that prevents Magic Shackles from applying. That's still a bug, as there's nothing indicating that in the description, but it not working appears to be WAI.

camelotcrusade
11-06-2012, 02:19 AM
Thanks for the insights. I've modified the Orc Hunter entry and also added your fix for Hilda's arrows (thanks). For the Necromancer entry, I think you're saying the problem is they have a hidden mind immunity, not that magic shackles doesn't work on them. I updated that too and moved it to the units section.

If anybody has a fight handy where they can try other mind magic on necromancers it would be good to confirm their mind immunity extends to all mind spells to validate our diagnosis.

Bhruic
11-06-2012, 02:27 AM
It's definitely the case, it's stated plainly in the necromant.atom file.

The problem is twofold: First that Necromancers aren't listed as being immune to mind spells, and second that Magic Shackle isn't listed as being a mind spell. It definitely wasn't in AP.

Don't forget the Witch Hunters not having the mind immunity that they are listed as having. ;)

camelotcrusade
11-06-2012, 02:31 AM
It's definitely the case, it's stated plainly in the necromant.atom file.

The problem is twofold: First that Necromancers aren't listed as being immune to mind spells, and second that Magic Shackle isn't listed as being a mind spell. It definitely wasn't in AP.

Don't forget the Witch Hunters not having the mind immunity that they are listed as having. ;)

Thanks for clarifying, I thought I was missing something! I'll go make updates now.

Mandea
11-06-2012, 03:16 AM
@Bhruic I've coded the fear bug to green indicating there is a fix. Thanks!
@mandea I have several of those quests listed but this is my first report about "fly the banner" and "a star is born." Are you using a patched or unpatched game?
@Handel is Action Rage working for other rage skills, or not doing anything at all? I think someone reported this earlier and I missed it. I will search the bugs thread.
@Xargon I do use that spell but never thought to check the damage range. It could be working as intended though... maybe it reduces the total damage by x%? Bhruic could probably tell us if the code is sound.

Update - back on page 22 (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=35325&highlight=rage&page=22) there was a three part conversation about the Rage Ready skill. Some players thought it only impacts Olaf's skills, while others said it impacts Valkyrie skills but you have to take in account upgrades which increase the timer. It was never resolved into a clear bug - does anybody have new data or the ability to do some tests?

it's unpatched but I don't recall seing anything related to this in the patch notes.

camelotcrusade
11-06-2012, 03:28 AM
@Mandea I've added it!

camelotcrusade
11-06-2012, 04:03 AM
So the Battle Shield says "+10% damage of attacks against shields" and Spiked Shield says "+15% damage from the attacks of the shield." They both references spike in the item description so I wonder if both abilities are the same and one is the upgrade of the other. But what does that even mean? That shield attacks (like viking shield bash... is there another one?) do more damage? Anybody know?

Zechnophobe
11-06-2012, 04:17 AM
So the Battle Shield says "+10% damage of attacks against shields" and Spiked Shield says "+15% damage from the attacks of the shield." They both references spike in the item description so I wonder if both abilities are the same and one is the upgrade of the other. But what does that even mean? That shield attacks (like viking shield bash... is there another one?) do more damage? Anybody know?

Vikings shield bash, and berserkers hit their enemy (after retaliation) with their shield. So I *assume* it's those two skills, but do not know for sure.

Zechnophobe
11-06-2012, 04:24 AM
Level 3 slow doesn't say it immobolizes. It looks more like the effect duration is doubled. Is that new since the most recent update?

camelotcrusade
11-06-2012, 04:40 AM
Level 3 slow doesn't say it immobolizes. It looks more like the effect duration is doubled. Is that new since the most recent update?

You're right! It says "if the unit's speed is already lower than the spell power, the tome of spell action will be doubled."

So... it summons two books of evil to eat him? Lol, just kidding. I will mark it as fixed.

@Bhruic - Magic shackle may be a mind spell now but how come it works on all the undead except the necromancer? The undead tag says it grants immunity to mind spells (I'm reading it now off of an undead spider). Maybe I should roll back my earlier changes to the original bug as the magic shackle spell doesn't work on the necromancer. Thoughts?

Jazzer32
11-06-2012, 06:37 AM
Fire Rain bug: sometimes it predicts/shows "damage 1" for every creature u put cursor on, and then u move cursor around a little and after that it shows correct damage. Fire rain works correctly and it kills "correct" number of creatures, just "preview" is wrong.

Mummymans
11-06-2012, 07:00 AM
Hi im getting a crash to desktop in Iceland.

It happens when i fight blue ice dragons. The specific group that causes the crash is located around the middle, but a little to the right, when looking at the map. I dont know if the group is at fault , or just ice dragons in general.

But whenever its the ice dragons turn, i get crash to desktop.

I cant say wether this also happened before the patch, maybe you can figure it out. I know i killed the 3 quest dragons before applying the patch, maybe there were ice dragons in those fights?

Edit: i should probably mention that there are also 2 groups of Skalds in this specific group.

MattCaspermeyer
11-06-2012, 08:59 AM
Crap, missed the offer of a save for this. Do you still have one available? If so, can you attach it to either this thread, or the Bugfix thread?

Follow these steps to reproduce the Permafrost bug with hatched Highterants and Invisible Eggs:

Load attached save game and be ready!
Hardy Twohands is above your ship in the distance - chase him down as quickly as possilble and engage his ship.
Combat begins!
Round 1:

Warrior Maidens:

Move 1 hex forward
Use Rune of Attack
Attack Enemy Warrior Maidens with your Spear of Wrath
Result: 371 Damage, 2 killed (2 left)

Skalds:

Use your Rune of Luck
Use your Evil Taunt ability
Result:

62 Berserkers: Slow (2 turns)
98 Vikings: Slow (2 turns)
144 Slingers: Helplessness (3 turns)
61 Berserkers: Slow (2 turns)

Soothsayers:

Use Rune of Attack
Use Ice Storm and target Slingers with Epicentre
Result:

Slingers: 403 Damage, 33 killed (111 left)
61 Berserkers: 85 Damage, 1 killed (60 left)

Enemy Slingers:

Cold: 132 Damage, 11 killed (100 left)
Attack Soothsayers: 67 Damage

Jarls:

Use Call to Battle on Soothsayers
Use Rune of Defense
Move to hex above Skalds
Defend

Jotuns:

Use Rune of Defense
Move to hex above Soothsayers

Soothsayers

Hero Spell - use your Permafrost spell and place Scrugg Egg in hex behind your Warrior Maidens
Use Rune of Attack
Attack Slingers
Result: 317 Damage, 27 killed (73 left)

Round 2:

Enemy Warrior Maidens:

Move to hex between your Jarls, Skalds, and Warrior Maidens
Cast Call of Valhalla on Slingers, 4 resurrected (77 left)

Warrior Maidens:

Use Rune of Attack
Attack Enemy Warrior Maidens (without moving)
Result: 250 Damage, both killed (0 left)

Soothsayers:

Hero Rage Ability - use Hilda's Arrow
Result:

77 Slingers: 253 Damage, 21 killed (56 left)
60 Berserkers: 258 Damage, 5 killed (55 left)
98 Vikings: 239 Damage, 7 killed (91 left)

Use Rune of Attack
Attack Slingers: Critical Hit! 633 Damage, 52 killed (4 left)

Enemy Slingers:

Attack Scrugg Egg: 7 Damage (note that there is another bug here - "Target [cpsn_cryotic_soil_egg] NF" - this is an error message for a missing label)

Jarls:

Use Rune of Defense
Attack 62 Berserkers
Result:

62 Berserkers: Critical Hit! 648 Damage, 12 killed (50 left)
50 Berserkers retaliate: 133 Damage

Jotuns:

Use Rune of Defense
Defend

Scrugg Egg:

27 Highterants hatch

Highterants:

Fly to hex above 50 Berserkers
Attack: 235 Damage, 4 killed (46 left)

Round 3:

55 Enemy Berserkers:

Attack Jotuns: Critical Hit! 365 Damage
Jotuns retaliate: 274 Damage, 5 killed (50 left)
Attack Jotuns again: Critical Hit! 254 Damage

46 Enemy Berserkers:

Attack Highterants: 463 Damage, 4 killed (23 left)
Highterants retaliate: 376 Damage, 8 killed (38 left)
Attack Highterants again: Critical Hit! 497 Damage, 4 killed (19 left)

Warrior Maidens:

Hero Spell - Heal your Jotuns
Cast Call of Valhalla on Highterants: 8 resurrected

Enemy Vikings:

Attack your Highterants: 706 Damage, 7 killed (20 left)

Highterants:

Lay invisible egg in cell southeast of them (egg is not really in that cell)
At this stage, the bug has been revealed. Finish the battle however you see fit and note Highterant Egg is not where you expect it. You'll have to see which invisible hex they attack to determine where it is.
Also note that you may see some slowdowns between turns of units and might have to wait 30 seconds to a minute for the game to continue during these slowdowns - be patient!

I have other saves where this happens as well, but this is the one I was able to recreate and repeat.

If you don't see the same amount of damage I'm doiing then you must either be doing something incorrectly or the random seed is somehow different on your computer.

Feel free to ask me any other questions hopefully you're able to repeat the problem I'm having...

/C\/C\

P.S. You must have the Armor of Valhalla set in order to repeat this bug with this save as indicated here: http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpost.php?p=478188&postcount=463

Save is attached here:

BB Shockwave
11-06-2012, 10:11 AM
There is a 45 page long Bug thread now, and the game has barely been out 3 weeks... That has to be a new record. The last time I have seen such a bugfest was with Temple of Elemental Evil, and that game was self-admittedly released well before it was finished at the urge of the publisher. Oh, and Heroes of Might and Magic Online (the Chinese MMO), but then, I'd barely call a strategy game that requires you to LOSE as many troops as you can to upgrade them a "game". More like a chore.

I now wonder - what reviews did the game got so far online? I figure most reviewers would just start it and add their review instantly without delving into it, thinking "this is the fourth game in the same installment, and at first look, looks and works the same as the 3 before it..." - but if they do a more through walkthrough, they will discover some of the more fatal and annoying bugs? Because in that case, expect scores of 1-2 or 20%.

Which brings me to the question we all have been asking... does 1C even care? The game is unplayeable right now due to the horrible amount of bugs, there is no official reaction so far about a patch, and people who bought the game should be rightfully pissed. It should not be up to the players to discover and fix bugs.

I wonder if this will have any impact on the testers of the game, who - we can say this with utter certainity - have done a really shoddy job.

hotfix666
11-06-2012, 10:46 AM
There is a 45 page long Bug thread now, and the game has barely been out 3 weeks... That has to be a new record. The last time I have seen such a bugfest was with Temple of Elemental Evil, and that game was self-admittedly released well before it was finished at the urge of the publisher. Oh, and Heroes of Might and Magic Online (the Chinese MMO), but then, I'd barely call a strategy game that requires you to LOSE as many troops as you can to upgrade them a "game". More like a chore.

I now wonder - what reviews did the game got so far online? I figure most reviewers would just start it and add their review instantly without delving into it, thinking "this is the fourth game in the same installment, and at first look, looks and works the same as the 3 before it..." - but if they do a more through walkthrough, they will discover some of the more fatal and annoying bugs? Because in that case, expect scores of 1-2 or 20%.

Which brings me to the question we all have been asking... does 1C even care? The game is unplayeable right now due to the horrible amount of bugs, there is no official reaction so far about a patch, and people who bought the game should be rightfully pissed. It should not be up to the players to discover and fix bugs.

I wonder if this will have any impact on the testers of the game, who - we can say this with utter certainity - have done a really shoddy job.

Im happy the game price not was 49€ :grin:

RCDOWN
11-06-2012, 11:34 AM
Which brings me to the question we all have been asking... does 1C even care?
I think you're wrong at full.

First they pinned the bug topic and let the community discuss it.
Other companies, thrust me, don't do the same and even ban whoever criticize their product.

The game is unplayeable right now due to the horrible amount of bugs, there is no official reaction so far about a patch
Game is playable, only need to be fixed in some part.
Also, they relase an official patch and you can use the community workaround for other problem.
Read all this discussion, please.

and people who bought the game should be rightfully pissed. It should not be up to the players to discover and fix bugs.
Yes and no.
Because you can always ask a steam refound, if you are unhappy. So...

Have you ever before make a game test?
You can work 1000 hours and not discover any bug because dozen of factor come at hand.
Also, you need founds to test 100% your product and no game company nowaday can affort this, because develope a game cost time, resource, maketing, and you must pay in advance only (sadly) to discover someone has blocked you game because in their country censorship o market got different standard.

Pal, you can wine if you want, but the best choice in this scenario is to do a contribution to make a good game even better or whait until the bug are fixed in full (1-2 month, and you get a shortened price as well)

Be calm ;)

Mandea
11-06-2012, 11:56 AM
Other companies, trust me, don't ask 30euro for a product with so many bugs.

it has nothing to do with wine, spare us this bullshit please.

1000 hours and no bugs? come on, this is ridiculous, I've encountered at least 20 different bugs in 80hours playtime. I don't believe there is a single person who hasn't while playing WOTN. the game is riddled with bugs. this game hasn't been tested, period. not 100%, not even 30%.
if you are happy with this game you should stop posting because the problems obviously don't concern you.

How much are they paying you to post this crap???

Colbert30
11-06-2012, 12:18 PM
I noticed units retaliating more than they normally should with the last hero spell cast by the skald unit. I don't remember reading that on the spell description. Is that intended?

RCDOWN
11-06-2012, 12:33 PM
if you are happy with this game you should stop posting because the problems obviously don't concern you.
I'm not happy, i just try to make the game better for my enjoyment

How much are they paying you to post this crap???
Nothing. I can assure you.
I simply liked the Kb series from the beginning, and want this game working 100% and a next episode as soon as possible.
Keep the dev motivated is a way to get it.

Mandea
11-06-2012, 01:13 PM
yeah right, I hope you're not expecting me to trust you after all that rubish. The game is full of bugs, it's a fact. some of them are hard to see, but most are not.

Fatt_Shade
11-06-2012, 01:28 PM
@RCDOWN
First they pinned the bug topic and let the community discuss it.
Other companies, thrust me, don't do the same and even ban whoever criticize their product.
Well if they pinned a tread in forum then all problems are solved. I can make new tread here and post that i`m doing all i can to fix game problems, does it make true ? NO

Game is playable, only need to be fixed in some part.
Also, they release an official patch and you can use the community workaround for other problem.
Read all this discussion, please.
Game is not payable, i haven even started my first play but checked game files to see what works how , and run into bunch of problems http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=34036&page=3 post #26
And game dont need fix in some part, because things that worked great in previous games theLegend , AP/CW are total crap now and swarming in errors (skills, spells, items etc). Wonder is how devs something that worked before implemented in this expansion and manage to broke it down completely.
About patch, and me using community workaround for problems not fixed in it , players bought game to play not to work on it. If we are extended bugfix crew shouldnt we get payed then ? WTF is your way of thinking to buy something and then instead using it spend all your free time to make it function. Any other product released this shoddy would be returned in 100% and asked for refunds by all customers.

You can work 1000 hours and not discover any bug because dozen of factor come at hand.
Also, you need founds to test 100% your product and no game company nowadays can afford this
I read this forum allot and i see couple of hundreds of different users in first 10 days of game release posting 40 pages of bugs all different, and you tell us that in 1000 hours game testing could be possible to miss all of those bug. NO! They simply didnt test this game.
Implemented some new units (viking race) , spells/items and little changes like that. But just stick it on the Legend base (70% locations are just copy/paste from there). If they called this expansion and it work there wouldnt be any problems i think. But this f...ed release called NEW game is pure and simple LIE. End of story.
The Legend and AP/CW didnt have this many bugs on release, and both were very different so lots of work was needed to make them final products (in AP was also editor new byproduct needing time and effort to make) and it all worked better then WotN.
I`m not saying they must 100% test game , but this didnt even got installed on some personal computer to be checked if it even works.
As for no company doing whole game test before release, 1C have 800 employees and have released bunch of other games, this isnt their first job in this area. 1c isnt only to blame, Katauri dropped ball on this also it was their job to make game work, and 1C to test and see what needs more fixing .But in the end it gets to players here to do their job for them.
And you say we should be happy we dont get banned from forum for telling truth about bugs in game. You are customer , and have right for your own apinion about something you bought at least express it in free manner.

Colbert30
11-06-2012, 01:57 PM
I know it's not my call to make but, please guys, don't derail the discussion of this thread. This is already a 46 page long thread and Camelotcrusade and others are doing an excellent job at finding/cathegorizing and posting bugs so that devs can fix them. It is a difficult enough job without the need to go through off-topic stuff.

TY!

Bhruic
11-06-2012, 02:07 PM
@Bhruic - Magic shackle may be a mind spell now but how come it works on all the undead except the necromancer? The undead tag says it grants immunity to mind spells (I'm reading it now off of an undead spider). Maybe I should roll back my earlier changes to the original bug as the magic shackle spell doesn't work on the necromancer. Thoughts?

You have to understand that in-game descriptions and the way game rules work aren't the same. The Magic Shackles spell is setup right now not to work on any unit that has the "mind_immunitet" flag. Regular undead don't have that flag, they just have the "undead" flag. The Necromancer does have that flag. The issues are - is the Necromancer supposed to have that, and if so, shouldn't it be a listed feature for it, and is the spell supposed to not work on units with that flag?

Bhruic
11-06-2012, 02:17 PM
Feel free to ask me any other questions hopefully you're able to repeat the problem I'm having...

Well, I'm having a bit of an issue when I load the game 4 out of your 5 unit stacks are out of control. Your leadership is listed as 2579. You'd need to have had at least 2700 to control the 2 Jotun. Had you modified your game at all to give you extra leadership?

Oogee
11-06-2012, 03:09 PM
trying to dispel last hero after it's absorbed some damage causes the game to crash, and yes, I'm fully patched

sethmage
11-06-2012, 03:25 PM
I have the Bronze Ring with 2 possible upgrades, but it cannot be upgraded, after every fight with the goblins keepers the ring is still level 1 with two upgrades to go. When I run out of gold I guess I will milk it for what is worth.

tiberiu
11-06-2012, 03:34 PM
i have the bronze ring with 2 possible upgrades, but it cannot be upgraded, after every fight with the goblins keepers the ring is still level 1 with two upgrades to go. When i run out of gold i guess i will milk it for what is worth.

infinite xp

I have it too. I'm going to reach lvl 70 while still on Fastland.

camelotcrusade
11-06-2012, 03:37 PM
@Colbert30 thanks, I feel the same way

@Bhruic thanks for the explanation, I'll keep things as is. Hopefully they will understand the issue and make adjustments.

@Jazzer32 sounds like a bug. Do you have patched or unpatched version? I sure wish I had fire rain (for multiple reasons) or I'd try it myself to see if it shows 1 dmg in the tooltip. If anybody else can confirm that would be great.

@Oogee there was a bug about Last Hero pre-patch but this sounds different. I see Bhruic is ready to help you test it (see below). Sorry for my incorrect reply earlier, I misunderstood. When we can confirm it we'll add the bug.

@Sethmage I have that ring and was able to upgrade it. Sounds like a bug with unpatched version (or unpatched + fixes). You could always remove fixes and try the upgrade to see if that helps.

Bhruic
11-06-2012, 03:42 PM
@Oogee you'll need the unofficial fix to prevent it (see page 1). It's already documented, but it's under skald's because sometimes they use Last Hero on your units. What's happening is the animation causes a crash or some people when a unit with Last Hero on it is hit. Can you try the fix (removes that animation) and report back?

Actually, there's no unofficial fix for this issue anymore because they fixed the underlying issue (missing sound files) with the patch. So this is a new bug.

I'll try and look into what's happening for this one.

edit: Hmm, just tried it on a friendly unit, the spell dispelled properly, and inflicted the damage it should have when dispelled.

sethmage
11-06-2012, 03:47 PM
infinite xp.

lol with the exp. of 400 for a fight my grandchildren won’t get to 70 :grin:

camelotcrusade
11-06-2012, 03:50 PM
Actually, there's no unofficial fix for this issue anymore because they fixed the underlying issue (missing sound files) with the patch. So this is a new bug.

edit: Hmm, just tried it on a friendly unit, the spell dispelled properly, and inflicted the damage it should have when dispelled.

Oops. I had it confused with some other crash. I edited my advice above. It's early! x.x Thanks for the fast clarification

And for what it's worth, I finally added a note in the official list where I say not to use the unofficial fixes with the unpatched game. :)

Bhruic
11-06-2012, 03:55 PM
trying to dispel last hero after it's absorbed some damage causes the game to crash, and yes, I'm fully patched

Can you list steps to take to ensure this happens? I've tried a couple different ways and have been unable to cause a crash.

MattCaspermeyer
11-06-2012, 04:38 PM
Well, I'm having a bit of an issue when I load the game 4 out of your 5 unit stacks are out of control. Your leadership is listed as 2579. You'd need to have had at least 2700 to control the 2 Jotun. Had you modified your game at all to give you extra leadership?

I'm using Version 1.3.1 (Build 6246) with the Valhalla Armor Set from pre-ordering the game so my game is stock per the first patch - I'd say look at your setup since you're modding the game or since the helmet is +200 Leadershp, make sure you have the Armor of Valhalla set...

I've attached screenies so that you can see what I see - I just repeated the problem a few minutes ago...

Please make sure you are running stock game with no mods and have my same build and have the Valhalla Armor Set - thanks!

If you're still having problems repeating this bug then ask some more questions and we'll work together on figuring out what the problem is on your end.

/C\/C\

Screenie List:

Game Version
Hero Screen
Round 1
Round 3 - showing Highterant laying invisible egg with message to confirm (lay location was south east of the Highterant per my original post (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpost.php?p=478064&postcount=443)).

Bhruic
11-06-2012, 04:45 PM
I'm using Version 1.3.1 (Build 6246) with the Valhalla Armor Set from pre-ordering the game so my game is stock per the first patch - I'd say look at your setup since you're modding the game or since the helmet is +200 Leadershp, make sure you have the Armor of Valhalla set...

That's the problem, I didn't pre-order, so I don't have access to the Valhalla Set, even if you send me a save where you are wearing it. That's a bit annoying, as it certainly will make testing for this more difficult.

camelotcrusade
11-06-2012, 04:48 PM
That's the problem, I didn't pre-order, so I don't have access to the Valhalla Set, even if you send me a save where you are wearing it. That's a bit annoying, as it certainly will make testing for this more difficult.

Could you transfer the extra troops to the reserve and then delete them before combat? Not sure if that would change the seed or not.

Bhruic
11-06-2012, 04:50 PM
I'll give it a try, worst case it doesn't work.

edit: No luck, got divergent results right away (Maiden's spear crit, for example).

Bhruic
11-06-2012, 04:51 PM
Mista's Lightning is bugged. If an enemy moves before you use this ability, whatever unit you have selected will lose its turn for that round, and the lightning won't proc.

camelotcrusade
11-06-2012, 07:58 PM
Updates:

Added Mista's lightning bug and coded green as fix is available
Updated Ice Dragon animation crash to green as fix is available

torquemada
11-06-2012, 08:24 PM
Extra damage from holy attacks on undead is not calculated in the pre-attack tooltip (Maybe this applies to other damage types and their weaknesses?).

I'm not sure on the prequisites for this bug but it involves flying unit and a trap. A flying vampire ended it's turn on top of an unsprung trap infront of a dark knight. I noticed when I wanted to have my jotuns spew cold onto the vampires and black knights that I could walk onto the trapped tile and therefore share it with the vampires (see screenshot).
Then in the next turn the vampire turned into a human form and walked over to the next tile like nothing happened.

Xargon
11-06-2012, 08:38 PM

Ok, I had another look and it is not a bug. The simple reason is that greasy mist does not reduce the damage they inflict with their two special arrow abilities. Well, at least it is not a bug in the game mechanics, I'm not sure if the damage from these abilities should logically be reduced as well...

kornel11
11-06-2012, 09:55 PM
1. Big problem for me: the total rage dropped from 50 to 32, with no reason at all. I have the two save games to prove this, before and after bug. No object changes which give rage between saves.

2. If it wasn't posted before: the "Regal" ability of the Royal Griffins does not work.

Bhruic
11-06-2012, 10:13 PM
1. Big problem for me: the total rage dropped from 50 to 32, with no reason at all. I have the two save games to prove this, before and after bug. No object changes which give rage between saves.

2. If it wasn't posted before: the "Regal" ability of the Royal Griffins does not work.

1) Probably not "no reason" - did you use the Calm Rage spell? It's a bit buggy, but you can pick up a fix for it here (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=35494).

2) Does it not work at all? I understand that there's a few units that it should be working for that it's not.

MattCaspermeyer
11-06-2012, 10:16 PM
Well, thanks for trying! :)

At least it is now documented for some other enterprising individual or the actual developers to take this on - :)

/C\/C\

oas
11-06-2012, 10:37 PM
camelotcrusade:
Valhalla's Messenger Award is working. I already have 6/10.
I'm pretty sure to update the vikings must be the only ones killing the enemies troops you want
Eg: 130 wolves - all of them must be attacked only by vikings, the rest of the enemy party doesn't matter who kills them

I don't think that using rage abilities interfere, but I'm not sure

camelotcrusade
11-06-2012, 11:43 PM
camelotcrusade:
Valhalla's Messenger Award is working. I already have 6/10.
I'm pretty sure to update the vikings must be the only ones killing the enemies troops you want
Eg: 130 wolves - all of them must be attacked only by vikings, the rest of the enemy party doesn't matter who kills them

I don't think that using rage abilities interfere, but I'm not sure

Oh good, I've been wondering if anyone would figure out the requirement. I'm afraid I don't completely understand your example, though. Are you saying:

a) you need an army of all Viking units OR
b) anything can be in your army, but only vikings can make the kills (so non-viking units can't attack anything) OR
3) anything can be in your army, but only kills made by the unit called "Viking" count

Anyone who has gotten this Award to go up can feel free to weigh in!

Oogee
11-06-2012, 11:51 PM

hrmm, maybe it was a one time thing, i'll double check it here in a bit :D

Edit: Dispelled Last Hero when cast from the spellbook - works fine
Dispelled Last Hero when cast from the skald buff - Crashes game (this was on a soothsayer with no other positive or negative buffs)
seems it only happens when on soothsayers from the tests I've been doing, although from some reason it is doing damage twice when I dispel it, or let it run out

Dispel inflicts area damage
skalds suffer 114 points damage 5 are killed
skalds suffer 46 points of damage 2 are killed
Skalds: Spell last hero fizzles and deals 114 points of damage Skalds: 5 are killed
Skalds: Spell last hero fizzles and deals 46 points of damage Skalds: 2 are killed

this happens on whatever unit the spell runs out on, or is dispelled from

Bhruic
11-07-2012, 12:02 AM
I've modified the Orc Hunter entry

Ok, now I'm confused as to where the "Control Animal" thing came from. Is there another unit with that ability and someone confused the two? I finally had an (enemy) Orc Hunter do it's training ability, and that correctly summoned a unit of snakes. So it seems it's working properly.

At best I could say that the AI doesn't prioritize it enough, as summon extra stacks of units should definitely be given priority over other actions, but that's a bit nit-picky.

Bhruic
11-07-2012, 12:05 AM
At least it is now documented for some other enterprising individual or the actual developers to take this on

Good news! They don't actually have to blocked in for it to bug out. I managed to figure out how to summon one, had him blocked in to start the round, he flew off - I thought to attack - and summoned an invisible egg. That wasn't in the right square. So as long as I can duplicate what I just did, I can test for this now.

edit: I started a new game with the "all units available" mod, hired a Highterant and its egg showed up correctly. So I'm thinking it might be a bug caused by the unit summoning it being an "ally" rather than being owned by the player? I haven't seen an enemy unit with one to test if they work for the enemy.

Zechnophobe
11-07-2012, 12:21 AM
Ok, now I'm confused as to where the "Control Animal" thing came from. Is there another unit with that ability and someone confused the two? I finally had an (enemy) Orc Hunter do it's training ability, and that correctly summoned a unit of snakes. So it seems it's working properly.

At best I could say that the AI doesn't prioritize it enough, as summon extra stacks of units should definitely be given priority over other actions, but that's a bit nit-picky.

Druids had both a bear summoning ability, and a 'Control Animal' ability. I get the feeling maybe someone attached the wrong ability to the correct tooltip and visual info.

oas
11-07-2012, 12:25 AM
Oh good, I've been wondering if anyone would figure out the requirement. I'm afraid I don't completely understand your example, though. Are you saying:

a) you need an army of all Viking units OR
b) anything can be in your army, but only vikings can make the kills (so non-viking units can't attack anything) OR
3) anything can be in your army, but only kills made by the unit called "Viking" count

Anyone who has gotten this Award to go up can feel free to weigh in!

3)yep, the other "allies" can kill what they want as long only the viking kills what you want.
for instance imagine a enemy party with 5 different kind of troops: 4 of them can be killed by anyone in your party. The 5th must be killed by a viking to count. Doesn't matter (as far I know) if you kill the "5th" first or last with your vikings

I know for sure a few updates of mine medal happened because I used the vikings' "shield dash" and it killed the enemy in one-hit KO (sometimes critical)

Bhruic
11-07-2012, 12:28 AM
Druids had both a bear summoning ability, and a 'Control Animal' ability. I get the feeling maybe someone attached the wrong ability to the correct tooltip and visual info.

Well, the Orc Hunters ability is correct in that its function matches its description. Maybe whoever reported this bug meant to describe a bug with Druids rather than Orc Hunters?

camelotcrusade
11-07-2012, 12:29 AM

I just found my first druids today and noticed that, too! Control animal says it summons, but then goes on to say the troops fight for you for two turns. That really sounds like it's supposed to be a charm to me.

I finally opened up both the elf and the orc islands and could potentially buy both druids and orc hunters for testing (maybe tomorrow... election is too distracting :)). Tooltip/description issues are what's going on if I had to guess.

Bhruic
11-07-2012, 12:31 AM
I just found my first druids today and noticed that, too! Control animal says it summons, but then goes on to say the troops fight for you for two turns.

Training (the Orc Hunter ability) says two turns as well. I don't recall there being such a turn limit before, and I can't say I've actually seen the turn limit in practise.

camelotcrusade
11-07-2012, 12:32 AM
Well, the Orc Hunters ability is correct in that its function matches its description. Maybe whoever reported this bug meant to describe a bug with Druids rather than Orc Hunters?

Here is the original post: http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpost.php?p=477164&postcount=363. He said the hunters charmed his stack of snakes using control animal. Might they have used another ability to do the charming? I don't remember what all they do.

camelotcrusade
11-07-2012, 12:35 AM
3)yep, the other "allies" can kill what they want as long only the viking kills what you want.
for instance imagine a enemy party with 5 different kind of troops: 4 of them can be killed by anyone in your party. The 5th must be killed by a viking to count. Doesn't matter (as far I know) if you kill the "5th" first or last with your vikings

I know for sure a few updates of mine medal happened because I used the vikings' "shield dash" and it killed the enemy in one-hit KO (sometimes critical)

Wow. That's pretty messed up, imo. An award for using on single unit in the game to make your kills? Does that seem WAI to anybody? Just wondering if that's a case where the description needs clarified or if they really intended something else (e.g., all viking units) so it's a bug. Opinions?

Bhruic
11-07-2012, 12:38 AM
Here is the original post: http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpost.php?p=477164&postcount=363. He said the hunters charmed his stack of snakes using control animal. Might they have used another ability to do the charming? I don't remember what all they do.

Nope, Training is their only ability. Maybe there's some sort of bug that allows them to use it on enemy stacks as well as summon their own stack?

oas
11-07-2012, 12:39 AM
If you want the kill to count, the vikings must be the ones to destroy that particular group (at your choice) of the enemy party, the rest of your party can kill what's left (doesn't matter the order of the kills as far as i know)

I think using spells and rage doesn't interfere (but i'm not sure)

camelotcrusade
11-07-2012, 12:40 AM
Nope, Training is their only ability. Maybe there's some sort of bug that allows them to use it on enemy stacks as well as summon their own stack?

That would be pretty cool if they made an ability that versatile. I'd kinda rather keep that ability and update the tooltip. :) Hard to know what's WAI. Hopefully one of us can test it soon.

Bhruic
11-07-2012, 12:42 AM
edit: I started a new game with the "all units available" mod, hired a Highterant and its egg showed up correctly. So I'm thinking it might be a bug caused by the unit summoning it being an "ally" rather than being owned by the player? I haven't seen an enemy unit with one to test if they work for the enemy.

Ok, now here's a bug: When you control a Highterant, if there is an adjacent enemy unit, and you try and summon an egg, you get the popup "There are no enemies nearby!" Obviously there are enemies nearby, but I'm not sure why that's relevant in either case. Are you not supposed to be able to summon an egg when you are next to an enemy? I don't remember how it worked in AP.

Also not sure if this is the same issue as with the AI controlled one, but it seems entirely likely.

edit: Ha, I was curious enough to fire up AP, and it does the exact same error!

edit x2: Yeah, the problem was indeed that the AI is, well, dumb. I think the problem is that they tried to do a unified AI for every unit that summons things, but neglected to take into consideration special cases like the Highterant. The AI basically tries to get as close to all of the enemy units as it can, then summons whatever it can summon. But Highterants can't summon when they are beside an enemy, so it borks. I've got a fix that allows the egg to be placed properly, but it's still bad AI. Unlike all the other summons, the egg needs to hatch before units come out, so trying to get close to the enemy is the dumbest thing you could do - the enemy will just kill the egg. It's going to need a completely new AI routine to try and get the egg as far away from any other units as can be managed.

Bhruic
11-07-2012, 01:40 AM
That would be pretty cool if they made an ability that versatile. I'd kinda rather keep that ability and update the tooltip. :) Hard to know what's WAI. Hopefully one of us can test it soon.

Ok, well, turns out I was wrong. Training is their only listed ability, but they actually have more unlisted ones. Training is actually, despite the description, a "take over enemies" type ability. They also have a "web" ability (was it called Snare in AP?) and their Call Pet ability - which is similar to what Training describes itself as. Ugh. Let's just say that Orc Hunters are kind of messed up right now, and let them figure out how to fix them.

Puce Moose
11-07-2012, 02:45 AM
Has anyone found a workaround for the lingering Dragon of Chaos bug? I used that spell to help get through the Giant Spider boss, and he's been with me for at least 10 fights afterward. Does casting another Wanderer spell ever help?

oas
11-07-2012, 04:12 AM
When I tried to upgrade steel boots (I have 2 of them) the combat crashed several times.
Last time it deleted all my saves, but not the autosave (thank god!)

Is this a known bug?

tiberiu
11-07-2012, 05:49 AM
Last time it deleted all my saves, but not the autosave (thank god!)Is this a known bug?

I got all my saves deleted, except my autosave fortunately, when I tried to upgrade my 2nd Valkirie.

Xargon
11-07-2012, 08:35 AM
Posted this somewhere else already, but this thread would probably haven been more appropriate:
Has someone tested if the Royal Griffin morale bonus applies only to units of lower level (i.e. lvl1-3)? If so, it might be working as intended, but missing a proper description.

kornel11
11-07-2012, 10:24 AM
1) Probably not "no reason" - did you use the Calm Rage spell? It's a bit buggy, but you can pick up a fix for it here (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=35494).

2) Does it not work at all? I understand that there's a few units that it should be working for that it's not.

1. I applied the fixes, thank you. My problem remains because the fixes work only ahead, and the last "good" save is three hours before the last (yes, I did not notice the rage change), so I have to go again through it.

2. The statement in the first page of thread is correct for Royal Griffons, for Knights and Rune Mages "Regal" does not apply, but for Inquisitors it does.

Numbereleventeen
11-07-2012, 12:19 PM
One I noticed:
Phoenix - from summon phoenix spell - One of their abilities states: It's basic attack sets enemies ablaze.

But it only does this sometimes, but it reads like it applies everytime like some other burn abilities do (eg: archer flame arrow).

I look through the files for the code for this but couldnt find it.. Curious what the % chance is, and if we can set it to 100% to fix this.

Youpiya
11-07-2012, 12:52 PM
Bug that is no fun : Celestial Set (Armor + Helm + Boots + Amulet) does not give the bonus of +10ATT +10DEF +10INT when 4 items equiped.

NB : Celestial Set is the gift for Valhalla edition

Colbert30
11-07-2012, 01:03 PM
Bug that is no fun : Celestial Set (Armor + Helm + Boots + Amulet) does not give the bonus of +10ATT +10DEF +10INT when 4 items equiped.

NB : Celestial Set is the gift for Valhalla edition

It's not 10+ for each, it's 10%. Mine is working ok.

kangax
11-07-2012, 01:31 PM
whenever i try to kill ice dragon on verlon wasteland, game crashes. until killing ice dragon, there isnt any crash or bug. it happens when ice dragon is killed completely (there are 3 ice dragon troop and when i kill last of them, game crashes)

Oji
11-07-2012, 04:37 PM
Blizzard spell freezes only 1 unit at best.
Luck runes don't seem to trigger 2nd turn on non-viking units.