PDA

View Full Version : Bugs Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5

Nirual
11-26-2012, 07:00 AM
Hmmm I experienced a lot of "0/1" coffins, traps, obstacles as well. I can't take them out without explicitly attacking them (e.g., flame flood from red dragon doesn't break them anymore).

Gotta correct myself. Yes, the coffins also have 0/1, possibly other objects too. Powder Kegs are the only ones that are instantly destroyed at the start of battle however. And yes, these objects are immune to area effects and spells now, which I actually consider a good thing. AI seems less eager to destroy them now aswell.

Regarding spells and transmute, I think that was how it worked back in Armored Princess. One of the big reasons why I felt nuking spell casters were at a distinct disadvantage. I couldn't spell nuke my way to victory without costing a lot of REAL time loss (waiting for mana to regenerate).

Could be. I wasn't much of a nuker in AP, but I love myself some Blizzard now, which is why I noticed this.

Rork
11-26-2012, 07:09 AM
Power of Light spell at level III is supposed to affect all creatures yet it can only be targeted. Haven't checked yet if the same hapens for Power of Night.

In the attachment is a weird-looking magic altar from Arlania. The other two altars look normal (I've added another image for reference). Also, every once in a while when traveling to Fastland, there's a chance of ending up with a featureless sea and very foggy island (I'll add a screenshot next time it happens).

Axe of Magic can target creatures with Magic Immunity and Persistence of Mind.

After killing Ksaltotun, his castle shows up as an active shop, even though it cannot be accessed anymore. And there's at least one other instance where this occurs, but I can't remember where it is, nor am I going to look for it (I'll update the post if I find it again). Conversely there are active merchants (such as the Vestlig Jotun shop) that don't show up on maps.

Talking to Gvenvinn on Merlassar results in her shop being forever closed to the player (I lost a spell there that I have yet to find). If it's not by design (I'm pretty sure it wasn't a wrong choice of words), then a warning slipped in the conversation would be nice, esp. since she offers a quest AFTER closing shop.

Moving a stack of creatures from a castle's garrison to a hero's army moves the entire stack, ignoring leadership requirements. A second move is needed to move said stack to reserve, than a third to move part of it back to army within the leadership limits. Moving from garrison to army should work the same as moving from reserve to army, that is splitting done automatically (if there's a way to do it manually, I confess I haven't been able to find it).

LegendMaker
11-26-2012, 08:34 AM
Gotta correct myself. Yes, the coffins also have 0/1, possibly other objects too. Powder Kegs are the only ones that are instantly destroyed at the start of battle however. And yes, these objects are immune to area effects and spells now, which I actually consider a good thing. AI seems less eager to destroy them now aswell.

As I said, at least for me, that's the case for all battlefield objects. Also, they're not just immune to area effects and spells, but also to rage skills, shooters, and any unit special ability. For instance, it's not just that the red dragons' special attack won't hurt them, the standard 2-hex dragon breath attack won't hurt them either. I consider this a pretty clear bug.

Another thing:
The fact that the Ice Wall also returns indirect damage, might be a bug. At least it makes very little sense, and also makes the Ice Wall as much of an enemy as it is a useful tool. I personally stopped using it entirely, as it can easily turn a no-loss battle into a collective suicide of my main damage dealers (dragons and RM).

Nirual
11-26-2012, 11:53 AM
Power of Light spell at level III is supposed to affect all creatures yet it can only be targeted. Haven't checked yet if the same hapens for Power of Night.

Power of Light/Night should be fixed now. Works fine in my game.

In the attachment is a weird-looking magic altar from Arlania. The other two altars look normal (I've added another image for reference).

It shows up like that in my game too.

Rork
11-26-2012, 02:54 PM
Power of Light/Night should be fixed now. Works fine in my game.
12.3.1.6246 build, no fix for me and I intend to avoid the latest patch, as it seems to bring more problems than it solves.
Can it be fixed via .lua files editing? I didn't find it in the Bugfix thread.

It shows up like that in my game too.
Graphic glitch then? I use the latest nVidia driver on a GTX 560 Ti.

C4in_th3_P4in
11-26-2012, 08:10 PM
If you use Mista's Lightning ability the current unit loses its turn. That's really bad :(

Dragon Arrows have -100/2 charges after using them twice. You can continue to use them without casting the spell again.

Dragon arrows poison the enemy when use by Elves (those that can use poisoned arrows). Think that is not intended.

Ogres adrenalin abilities still don't work :(

ckdamascus
11-26-2012, 09:38 PM
Axe of Magic can target creatures with Magic Immunity and Persistence of Mind.

Talking to Gvenvinn on Merlassar results in her shop being forever closed to the player (I lost a spell there that I have yet to find). If it's not by design (I'm pretty sure it wasn't a wrong choice of words), then a warning slipped in the conversation would be nice, esp. since she offers a quest AFTER closing shop.

Moving a stack of creatures from a castle's garrison to a hero's army moves the entire stack, ignoring leadership requirements. A second move is needed to move said stack to reserve, than a third to move part of it back to army within the leadership limits. Moving from garrison to army should work the same as moving from reserve to army, that is splitting done automatically (if there's a way to do it manually, I confess I haven't been able to find it).

Hmmm interesting find on Axe of Magic. Along with Plague, those sound like good Black Dragon killers. :)

Always save before entering/talking on a mission. :( Also, if you never talk to her with the first dialogue (just get the job mission and buy all items) she will still talk to you afterwards. I think it's a bad design to begin with though as she tends to have some good spells and items too!

Agree on the stack moving, but that has always been like that.

ivra
11-26-2012, 11:11 PM
Found a new bug that has been introduced by Patch 3 (Build 6249). I started my current game after Patch 3 came out, where I am encountering the bug. In my previous game it worked. My previous game was created after Patch 1, but was mainly played after Patch 2 (Build 6246) came out.

The bug is that it is not possible any more to get the quest from Gudrida the Fierce to level her up to the max level. The reason is that the option "What is troubling you? You look as though Fenrir is chasing you..." is not among the options any more. This option should become available once you level her up to level 4. Instead the text is located in the top part of the dialog box as if Gudrida is saying it to you.

Can anybody else confirm this? It would be nice to know if it is a general bug or a special case that just happened in my current game.

Is there a workaround?

Nirual
11-26-2012, 11:38 PM
Found a new bug that has been introduced by Patch 3 (Build 6249). I started my current game after Patch 3 came out, where I am encountering the bug. In my previous game it worked. My previous game was created after Patch 1, but was mainly played after Patch 2 (Build 6246) came out.

The bug is that it is not possible any more to get the quest from Gudrida the Fierce to level her up to the max level. The reason is that the option "What is troubling you? You look as though Fenrir is chasing you..." is not among the options any more. This option should become available once you level her up to level 4. Instead the text is located in the top part of the dialog box as if Gudrida is saying it to you.

Can anybody else confirm this? It would be nice to know if it is a general bug or a special case that just happened in my current game.

Is there a workaround?

I noticed the same thing, but the option did appear once I got to Greenwort. Presumably because the quest did kinda spoil events if you got it earlier.

ivra
11-26-2012, 11:51 PM
I noticed the same thing, but the option did appear once I got to Greenwort. Presumably because the quest did kinda spoil events if you got it earlier.

Thanks! Good to know that there is a workaround.

I am actually not far away from Greenwort. Have just defeated the Spider boss, but have not entered Galskap Mountain. - By the way: Galskap is a Norwegian word that means Madness :)

Still, it might be registered as a bug. It is quite confusing having the option displayed as something Gudrida says...

ckdamascus
11-27-2012, 12:04 AM
Possibly another bug here.

I already did the Vitamin Quest for the Dwarves. I tried to do the Driller Quest, but um... you have to "coerce" one of the vendors forcefully.

After he has been disposed of, it says I failed the Vitamin Quest, but I already succeeded in it before he um... got disposed of!

That said, so, where is my Driller boss? I feel guilty and not sure what is the right path here as both paths give items. Ahh too many choices!

[edit] never mind, I found the option. :)

camelotcrusade
11-27-2012, 12:38 AM
I haven't read the whole thread, but these aren't in the OP:

-When a stack dies on a trap I get the mana bonus from transmute twice
-Lord of the North does reduced damage to high leadership units which isn't reflected in the skill description. Haven't figured out the actual formula.
-Engineers inflict burn every time they attack. It should be 15%.
-Berserkers' main hit does 4-7 damage but is listed as 4-5.
-Berserkers' retaliation does the shield bash animation and 3-5 damage of shock shield, but the description implies this is for their second attack only ("counter-attacks" rather than "attacks").
-Valhalla's Messenger doesn't do anything, at least at level 1. Berserkers and Warrior Maidens (the two vikings troops I'm currently using) tooltip damage is as it would be with no boost, and this is confirmed with crit damage.
-Speaking of which, I'm currently level 55 and have still only run into 15 viking enemies. Not sure if there's more vikings later, or this medal is unachievable.
-I managed to have two stacks on top of eachother. Told paladins to move to a different tile, but they went on-top of my berserkers instead. Screenshot attached. Haven't been able to reproduce this. Berserkers were the unit attacked/buffed when another stack targeted them, and for the sake of completion weren't healed by prayer.

Thanks for taking the time to share all that. Which build are you using? Want to confirm before I look into adding these in - especially since people are saying the viking medal works in build 6249 (you get credit for using any viking armies to kill off a stack . Also, can you remind me what Valhalla's Messenger is supposed to do when you get it? I haven't actually seen it in-game yet because my class doesn't have it.

@ivral wow, I'm surprised. It was reported as a bug that Gudrila's dialog contains spoilers so they must have done something about it. Kind of a confusing solution but glad it opens up later. She should probably say something like "It's too soon to ask a favor of you..." until she's ready to give the quest.

@Rork interesting, I thought only ghost blade was supposed to ignore magic resistance. Has anyone else confirmed magic axe working on magic immune enemies in build 6249? Maybe some of their tweaks introduced it.
If anyone else has seen any of these bugs persisting across builds let me know.

ckdamascus
11-27-2012, 01:18 AM
I've done it. Royal grifins have -2 presen dragon and +1 skill oratory, but still persuasion have no effect with both maxed

I have a feeling this is NOT a bug, but another case of "misleading" wording.

Persuasion is only supposed to reduce natural inter-racial hatred. Not explicit hatred for each other.

So, elves don't like demons as a racial morale modifier, so persuasion works there.

However, royal griffins dislike dragons as a attribute/skill/talent which is NOT related to persuasion. It also wouldn't help Emerald Dragons and Giants either.

Also, the persuasion will not work at all until higher levels if the racial hate is that large (as somewhat indicated in the text description).

ckdamascus
11-27-2012, 02:43 PM
Another bug
Dragon-informant quest from Professor Drotor

If you talk to him about the Dragons, and immediately say "Hey I got a talking dragon", you will lose a dragon, but the quest will not complete.

If you talk to him again, he will offer to take another dragon, which he does take and it DOES complete the quest, but it will cost you 2 dragons instead of 1.

Workaround, don't immediately say you have a dragon. Just say "I'll look for one". Go back, then offer the dragon. Only one dragon for the reward (as it should be!).

Valkyrie Set Bug
I dont' have any level 1-3 units, but suddenly I got slingers added to my reserve. It says it will only add a level 1-3 viking unit if I have some. I dont' have any.

Avenging Angel bug
Quite severe because even if I cast a spell on the enemy, they will take 1 dmg (if they are under the effect of Avenging Angel ala enemy skald), but it will NOT count against their avenging angel count.

I think that makes sense to not count against the avenging angel count, but it is insane that now half of their army is literally invincible unless I wait it out, dispel it, or sacrifice a unit to burn an avenging angel counter. :(

Skald/Caution bug?
That guy was dodging everything... heck, he even had a 0 stack with tons of negative health. You can tell I really didn't like him making his allies "invulnerable" to my spells.

Raven Bug?
After a battle, apparently I can keep feeding him things. I tried feeding him an ent sprout, instant crash to desktop. I tried with -dev, no difference or any logs. Just instant crash. Thorn spouts are OK though. Also a counter on when he is done would be nice.

bug -- this shows up when I first enter a battle.
lua_isnumber( m_pLuaVM, iIndex)
File: spells_common.lua line: 30

bug demon -- this occurs when the demon kills something. I'm not sure where the "class2power_mod" function is declared though.
addon_arena.lua:1907: attempt to call global class2power_mod (a nil value)

Nirual
11-27-2012, 04:39 PM
Avenging Angel bug
Quite severe because even if I cast a spell on the enemy, they will take 1 dmg (if they are under the effect of Avenging Angel ala enemy skald), but it will NOT count against their avenging angel count.

I think that makes sense to not count against the avenging angel count, but it is insane that now half of their army is literally invincible unless I wait it out, dispel it, or sacrifice a unit to burn an avenging angel counter. :(

Best of all dispelling it won't even change the damage taken by that unit, at least not right away.

@Rork interesting, I thought only ghost blade was supposed to ignore magic resistance. Has anyone else confirmed magic axe working on magic immune enemies in build 6249? Maybe some of their tweaks introduced it.
If anyone else has seen any of these bugs persisting across builds let me know.

All spells that deal physical damage can affect magic immune enemies from what I've seen. Dance of Winter, Frost Snake area damage, Geyser (only the physical portion, as far as I can tell). this makes me think magic immunity has been changed slightly and the description is somewhat misleading.

camelotcrusade
11-27-2012, 06:59 PM
Another bug
Dragon-informant quest from Professor Drotor

If you talk to him about the Dragons, and immediately say "Hey I got a talking dragon", you will lose a dragon, but the quest will not complete.

If you talk to him again, he will offer to take another dragon, which he does take and it DOES complete the quest, but it will cost you 2 dragons instead of 1.

Workaround, don't immediately say you have a dragon. Just say "I'll look for one". Go back, then offer the dragon. Only one dragon for the reward (as it should be!).

Valkyrie Set Bug
I dont' have any level 1-3 units, but suddenly I got slingers added to my reserve. It says it will only add a level 1-3 viking unit if I have some. I dont' have any.

Avenging Angel bug

Skald/Caution bug?
That guy was dodging everything... heck, he even had a 0 stack with tons of negative health. You can tell I really didn't like him making his allies "invulnerable" to my spells.

Raven Bug?
After a battle, apparently I can keep feeding him things. I tried feeding him an ent sprout, instant crash to desktop. I tried with -dev, no difference or any logs. Just instant crash. Thorn spouts are OK though. Also a counter on when he is done would be nice.

bug -- this shows up when I first enter a battle.
lua_isnumber( m_pLuaVM, iIndex)
File: spells_common.lua line: 30

bug demon -- this occurs when the demon kills something. I'm not sure where the "class2power_mod" function is declared though.
addon_arena.lua:1907: attempt to call global class2power_mod (a nil value)

I've added or updated all of these through the skald's caution, which was already listed. I'm not sure about the last three. When does the raven start item items in the inventory? Can you only use that option when you have sprouts or eggs in your inventory (never tried talking to him with those). For the other two, I have not seen those popups so I'd like to confirm with others before posting.

ckdamascus
11-27-2012, 07:05 PM
I've added or updated all of these through the skald's caution, which was already listed. I'm not sure about the last three. When does the raven start item items in the inventory? Can you only use that option when you have sprouts or eggs in your inventory (never tried talking to him with those). For the other two, I have not seen those popups so I'd like to confirm with others before posting.

Regarding raven, tell him to write a scroll.
- Fight one battle.
- Talk to him again, offer food.
- You can only offer him sprouts/saplings in your inventory. I have a saved game with it if you want... but you'd figure the devs can figure this out pretty fast? <shrugs>

The popups only occur with -dev mode on. Again, I have a saved game with it (or at least I hope I still do), but it should be pretty easy to repeat. It is the reason WHY demons are not popping rage balls out.

You can see the animation attempt for it (so the logic for the rage creation is correct), but no rage ball actually pops out because that global method returns 'nil' or null or zero etc.

Not sure why I saw the other error regarding the rounding or isindex error, but it occured on the start of battle. Who knows? Might even be related to the Avenging Angel bug.

@Nirual. Seems like you are correct. They nerfed magic immune units big time. That's sort of... silly. Now I have little to zero reason to use black dragons or frost dragons anymore. High vulnerability to Axe of Magic and Geyser (which is a total bullcrap spell). The only way I beat the last hero (black dragons, red dragons, and green dragons) was using a solo stack of one of these level 5 units. Guess which one?

a) arch demon
b) red dragon
c) ancient ent

Thorbalden
11-27-2012, 09:11 PM
I have a feeling this is NOT a bug, but another case of "misleading" wording.

Persuasion is only supposed to reduce natural inter-racial hatred. Not explicit hatred for each other.

So, elves don't like demons as a racial morale modifier, so persuasion works there.

However, royal griffins dislike dragons as a attribute/skill/talent which is NOT related to persuasion. It also wouldn't help Emerald Dragons and Giants either.

Also, the persuasion will not work at all until higher levels if the racial hate is that large (as somewhat indicated in the text description).
True, and what about regal abilitie from royal griffin, is supposte to increase moral for humans, i've paladin and rune mage still no bonus

Fatt_Shade
11-27-2012, 09:33 PM
@Thorbalden
True, and what about regal abilitie from royal griffin, is supposte to increase moral for humans, i've paladin and rune mage still no bonus
Same thing for knight/horseman. Regal works for 1-3 lvl human units.
In Ap/Cw Cheer works for humans, elves here it`s same. What about vikings ??? Are viking not human sub race, or are they alien or . . . ?
Regal should work for 1-3 lvl vikings also.

Thorbalden
11-27-2012, 09:43 PM
Someone know if there is a secret about the item "Game of Bones" is a pair of dices, that give %5 gold after battle and have one special that give attack, defence or intel, sacrificing one crystal. but when i use it nothing happend, no crystal consume no roll no bonus.

ckdamascus
11-27-2012, 09:57 PM
I've seen a few times where an enemy ice dragon hits me, freezes me, and I can't retaliate. Is this new in Patch 6429?

Also, -5 Rest? What does that even mean? I didn't want to redo the battle and wanted a stronger lava golem, but I have a save game to find out...

Ok, I got the -5 Rest ... looks like it just says Rest 1 now.

SUPER BUG, exploit
RESUMMON VALKYRIE ALL THE TIME and MAX RAGE during battle!

UGH, I hate this. I use the keyboard hotkeys and I kept thinking ugh, stupid game lag when I pressed "r" for rage when it wasn't lit up, but the it would light up.

Well, turns out if you keep pressing 'r' for rage you get to summon the Valkyries even if you didn't get the re-rage action; no matter what! Plus, it maxes your rage for that round. ARGH! Repeatable!

There are some preconditions. I'm running in -dev mode since it seems to crash far less while I'm flying around. You need to have runic rage (chance to re-cast a rage skill). Once you trigger it ONCE, then you can repeat it non-stop. :(

Between this, pygmy 1 HP, avenging angel being overpowered (you take only 1 dmg) and consequently screwing up favorite of the gods passive (which is derived from avenging angel)... I don't know anymore. Why isn't there a hotfix for this?

I almost want to cry.

edit:
Also, when an ancient phoenix dies and an enemy is over his body, even if you "wait" that turn, a graphic glitch will show the phoenix revived.

In fact, if the boss uses a cheap spell like Geyser (yeah it's bullcrap), it will "kill" the not-revived phoenix. You can still revive the phoenix, just thought it was sort of strange.

Pillowseller
11-28-2012, 02:53 AM
Sorry if this is already posted. I encountered a serious error.

When I fight against the enemy hero defending the tower of mages, the enemy hero summoned a phoenix. I killed it, and it resurrected itself... but the phoenix just stands there, not as an active combat unit. I can't attack it, it doesn't do anything, moving cursor of the phoenix shows nothing. I killed remaining enemy troops, but combat didn't finish because of the ghost phoenix! After several turns, snap, and I was seeing my desktop.

ckdamascus
11-28-2012, 03:46 AM
Good news! Build 6246 Saved Game with 6249 Patch was able to complete the Unicorn mission, but could not complete the Heir to the Throne mission. I was also able to complete the 5 "lost items" mission as well.

gogolmax
11-28-2012, 04:46 AM
Sorry if this is already posted. I encountered a serious error.

When I fight against the enemy hero defending the tower of mages, the enemy hero summoned a phoenix. I killed it, and it resurrected itself... but the phoenix just stands there, not as an active combat unit. I can't attack it, it doesn't do anything, moving cursor of the phoenix shows nothing. I killed remaining enemy troops, but combat didn't finish because of the ghost phoenix! After several turns, snap, and I was seeing my desktop.

Hi, I had the same problem. With auto-combat I could get past that error, don't know if it was just luck, but maybe check out the auto combat option...

1darklord
11-28-2012, 08:00 AM
Hi, I had the same problem. With auto-combat I could get past that error, don't know if it was just luck, but maybe check out the auto combat option...

I suspect it is random, I never faced a Summoned Phoenix.

Daniel.

Nirual
11-28-2012, 09:04 AM
In fact, if the boss uses a cheap spell like Geyser (yeah it's bullcrap), it will "kill" the not-revived phoenix. You can still revive the phoenix, just thought it was sort of strange.

I had an even more bizzare version of that bug once: the dead phoenix was attacked by a WASP HIVE.

dainbramage
11-28-2012, 09:36 AM
Thanks for taking the time to share all that. Which build are you using? Want to confirm before I look into adding these in - especially since people are saying the viking medal works in build 6249 (you get credit for using any viking armies to kill off a stack . Also, can you remind me what Valhalla's Messenger is supposed to do when you get it? I haven't actually seen it in-game yet because my class doesn't have it.

It's through steam, so all are the latest build 6249

Valhalla's messenger makes some viking stacks (slingers, berserkers, WMs, jarls) do increased damage. Or at least that's what it claims, it doesn't do anything (at least not for berserkers or WMs. Haven't checked slingers or jarls).

To demonstrate this, my stack of warrior maidens show up as doing 7434-9558 damage against undead spiders.

Now, the maidens have 93 attack and 14-18 damage while the spiders have 3 defence (so I'm easily at the x3 cap), so the expected damage ignoring valhalla's messenger would be:

14*177*3 = 7434
18*177*3 = 9558

which is exactly what they show as doing

Now I check their crit, which is 21506 damage

Theoretically, 9558*2.25 = 21505.5 which rounds to 21506

Both should be doing 15% more damage if valhalla's messenger was working.

commanderz
11-28-2012, 04:50 PM
58 lv now....game keep crashing on ice island when killing ice dragon....any fix???tested few solution but still crash....i lazy to restart the game again....

function features_ondamage_dragon_ice(wnm, ts, dead)
if dead then
local ahc = Attack.act_after_hit_cell(0)
local initsize = Attack.act_initsize(ahc)
local manaval, rageval = Game.CurLocRand(initsize, 5*initsize), 0
local dmgts = 1 + Game.Random(0, 10)/100
spawn_energetic_attack(ahc, dmgts, manaval, rageval)

if initsize == 1 then
Attack.log(dmgts, "add_blog_ice_dragon_death_1", "name"," "..blog_side_unit(0), "special", mana_count)
else
-- Attack.log(dmgts, "add_blog_ice_dragon_death_1", "name"," "..blog_side_unit(0), "special", mana_count)
end
end
return true
end

ckdamascus
11-28-2012, 04:54 PM
Should have been fixed in build 6246 and 6249. Do you have any user patches that are overriding main patches?

LegendMaker
11-28-2012, 05:01 PM
@camelotcrusade: My last few contributions to this thread seem to have been simply ignored, they were neither added, nor discussed... Any particular reason for that, or is it just an omission? :confused:

To recap:

- All active battlefield objects are now immortal, unless a melee unit attacks them directly (no range, spell, rage or area effect can damage them).

- Catacombs in Verlon Wastelands stay open after quest completion, trapping the player forever if he enters it again.

- The Ice Wall (from rage skill "Ice Blades") also returns range and indirect damage, not just melee, despite its description saying "if attacked by melee, the ice wall returns __% of the damage it suffers." Either a bug or a very misleading description.

- Regina's Messenger animation takes at least twice longer to complete than any other Valkyrie's.

Using game started on day 1 (Oct 26th), but playing build 6249. Vanilla install. No add-ons or mods. Hope this helps (but if he doesn't, please let me know why). Thanks.

Nirual
11-28-2012, 07:07 PM
- All active battlefield objects are now immortal, unless a melee unit attacks them directly (no range, spell, rage or area effect can damage them).

Ranged attacks seem to work fine for me, including abilities like Spear of Wrath.

- Catacombs in Verlon Wastelands stay open after quest completion, trapping the player forever if he enters it again.

I went in after completing the quest and I could simply leave again.

ckdamascus
11-28-2012, 07:20 PM
Ranged attacks seem to work fine for me, including abilities like Spear of Wrath.

Legendmaker means Regina's Summon used to break them all, or even the fiery rage.

But if i use fire flood (red dragon) or the flaming thing from black dragon, they can be targetted, but will NOT break like they used to.

In short, there is definitely something wrong with those obstacles now in this current patch.

commanderz
11-29-2012, 12:11 AM
Was using 6246 patch version....and on Ice land kill any ice dragon game just crashed...can anyone pls upload the sys unit features lau file? Thank I lazy to restart the game again

ckdamascus
11-29-2012, 12:44 AM
Was using 6246 patch version....and on Ice land kill any ice dragon game just crashed...can anyone pls upload the sys unit features lau file? Thank I lazy to restart the game again

Well, we are on patch 6249. :)

I'm pretty sure if you just took our patch 6249 .lua file, it would cause more crashes.

You can run patch 6249 with a 6246 save game.

I'm doing that now and the only quest problem so far is Heir to the Throne.
A Star is Born is also broken. :(

Also, NEW BUG
Critical hits from accidental friendly fire seem to ignore all defense or resists. Or maybe critical hits ignore all defense? Somehow I don't see how a fire flood from red dragon should ever deal 974 damage crit damage to a black dragon. Ever.

commanderz
11-29-2012, 01:15 AM
So no any solution ? :(

dainbramage
11-29-2012, 02:27 AM
So no any solution ? :(

Can't you just patch to 6249?

LegendMaker
11-29-2012, 04:14 AM
I guess it depends when we each completed the quest, patches wise. I completed it after build 6249, and the result was that I was trapped, with the same "now you must find a way out" message as the 1st time, except that the cup mechanism was gone and the door closed behind me. I suppose you completed it earlier than build 6249 in your game?

In short, there is definitely something wrong with those obstacles now in this current patch.
Thank you.

Nirual
11-29-2012, 06:08 AM
I guess it depends when we each completed the quest, patches wise. I completed it after build 6249, and the result was that I was trapped, with the same "now you must find a way out" message as the 1st time, except that the cup mechanism was gone and the door closed behind me. I suppose you completed it earlier than build 6249 in your game?

I'm not entirely sure if it was before that build, but I definitely started the playthrough before that patch. I didnt get the quest to find a way out either.

Also, NEW BUG
Critical hits from accidental friendly fire seem to ignore all defense or resists. Or maybe critical hits ignore all defense? Somehow I don't see how a fire flood from red dragon should ever deal 974 damage crit damage to a black dragon. Ever.

How many red dragons? the fire immunity is "only" 80% resistance

dainbramage
11-29-2012, 06:33 AM
How many red dragons? the fire immunity is "only" 80% resistance

I was going to post the same, but assuming guardian medal lvl 3 and similar attack and defence, a fire flood crit is only 22 damage per red. That's a lot of reds you need to reach 974...

Highborne
11-29-2012, 10:54 AM
I am on the latest patch, and when I try to equip the Celestial armor you get at the start of the game, it crashes 100% of the time...

Rork
11-29-2012, 11:41 AM
I fought a six-assassin stack army and I opened the battle with Magic Shackles level III. Imagine my surprise when only 2 stacks were affected, even though the spell says "All troops".
Teleport split my Paladins into two stacks - see attachment.
Three crashes in a row after defeating Loki, every time I click the OK button for the achievement: is there any workaround for this? I'm one step away of giving up on this obviously unfinished product.

ckdamascus
11-29-2012, 12:06 PM
I fought a six-assassin stack army and I opened the battle with Magic Shackles level III. Imagine my surprise when only 2 stacks were affected, even though the spell says "All troops".
Teleport split my Paladins into two stacks - see attachment.
Three crashes in a row after defeating Loki, every time I click the OK button for the achievement: is there any workaround for this? I'm one step away of giving up on this obviously unfinished product.

Wow, that's pretty crazy. I never bothered with Shackles Level 3, however you do realize it only works if their leadership is < a certain amount?

Replay battle
Right click over enemy stack that did not shackle.
Mouse over "leadership". It tells you how many leadership points the stack has in total.
Next, go to your spellbook, mouse over magic shackles, and it says how much enemy leadership it will work on.

If you are playing impossible, magic shackles will rarely work in round 1.

The reason why I don't bother with magic shackles is because it only works if the enemy stack has < leadership than the stated amount. Considering I fight 110K leadership stacks, you can see how it is of no use to me.

As a mage, my magic shackles only works on enemy stacks with <= 53K leadership.

As for teleport splitting, that isn't normal. I use teleport a fair amount and never ran into that issue though but I'm not surprised. I never had a Dragon of Chaos before so maybe it is somewhat related.

As for the Loki thing, I clicked through his dialogue and pressed enter really fast, then hit quicksave.

I think I just use the mouse button to click through the victory dialogue, then press [enter] on keyboard to eliminate achievement then f5?

Same thing happened to me and I unlocked the achievement too haha! Had to redo the battle.

Also, what build are you on?

ckdamascus
11-29-2012, 12:20 PM
I "think" I figured out what build the initial build was...

It's Build 6246 (same as the other one, rolls eyes).

So now I have copies of

Build 6246 Initial Release
Build 6246 (nov-02) patch (data/data.kfs, data/patch_001.kfs, session/addon/location directory, session/addon/loc/ses.kfs files)
Build 6249 (nov-20) patch (data/data.kfs, data/patch_001.kfs, session/addon/location directory, session/addon/loc/ses.kfs files)

Rork
11-29-2012, 02:36 PM
Wow, that's pretty crazy. I never bothered with Shackles Level 3, however you do realize it only works if their leadership is < a certain amount?
If you are playing impossible, magic shackles will rarely work in round 1.
I'm also playing mage on normal and practically never used shackles. I haven't checked the leadership of the assassins, but their stack values were around 300. Can't replay the battle, I'm way beyond it now and I solved it in other more... direct ways :lol:.
One other thing that pops up was that even though I didn't move any of my army from their starting hexes, the enemy assassins moved and on the 2nd turn still used their backstab ability, repeatedly on the same unit. I don't remember being able to use my own assassin unit (when I had one) the same way. Backstab always worked as soon as an enemy unit moved, not otherwise. So is this another bug, blatant AI advantage or something that I simply didn't know about?
If anyone's interested in checking this and assuming that particular enemy spawns on a regular basis, it can be found in Grotland, in Rod Rotmouth's cave.

As for teleport splitting, that isn't normal. I use teleport a fair amount and never ran into that issue though but I'm not surprised. I never had a Dragon of Chaos before so maybe it is somewhat related.
Nope, I've had that bugged Dragon since times immemorial :-P and I used teleport on several other occasions with no problems.

As for the Loki thing, I clicked through his dialogue and pressed enter really fast, then hit quicksave.
I think I just use the mouse button to click through the victory dialogue, then press [enter] on keyboard to eliminate achievement then f5?
Same thing happened to me and I unlocked the achievement too haha! Had to redo the battle.
Ugh. I'll try that one too and report back later, thank you.

Also, what build are you on?

Something else I've noticed: I've got two helmets, Tournament Helmet (Knight set, gives +400 Leadership) and Prince's Crown (Vampire set, gives +500 Leadership). Trouble is, when I swap the former with the latter, my leadership actually goes down in regards to the elves and ranger units. I don't have either set completely equipped, so what gives?!?
Which reminds me that the first time I defeated the dragon holding Tyr's (or whatever his name is) armor, right upon completion of the fight the game loaded it again from the beginning, but with my army, rage and mana at their values from the end of the previous fight. Nice, isn't it? :rolleyes:
Swear to God, it is downright unbelievable how this game was released in such a state, esp. considering the fact that it changes virtually nothing in terms of engine, gameplay, UI, units or even items.

Youpiya
11-29-2012, 02:42 PM
Butcher award count is bugging...
I try to lose my Phenix to be sure the count goes up. I did it regularly, I was about 7/25 or 8/25 and today I'm looking the count is 0/25...

ckdamascus
11-29-2012, 03:51 PM
I'm also playing mage on normal and practically never used shackles. I haven't checked the leadership of the assassins, but their stack values were around 300. Can't replay the battle, I'm way beyond it now and I solved it in other more... direct ways :lol:.

~45000 leadership. Unless you were near end game, you can't shackle them and that isn't a good way to stop them. Clever use of trap and ensuring you don't show your BACK to them is the right way to do it. Or show your back and throw trap. The unit's actual facing is what determines vulnerability to backstab.

One other thing that pops up was that even though I didn't move any of my army from their starting hexes, the enemy assassins moved and on the 2nd turn still used their backstab ability, repeatedly on the same unit. I don't remember being able to use my own assassin unit (when I had one) the same way. Backstab always worked as soon as an enemy unit moved, not otherwise. So is this another bug, blatant AI advantage or something that I simply didn't know about?
If anyone's interested in checking this and assuming that particular enemy spawns on a regular basis, it can be found in Grotland, in Rod Rotmouth's cave.

You probably don't know the assassin that well. :) He has 2 skills. Backstab and Murder. Backstab requires the back to be facing. Murder does NOT. If he uses Murder to kill a unit, he reloads Backstab for free and can stab again.

Something else I've noticed: I've got two helmets, Tournament Helmet (Knight set, gives +400 Leadership) and Prince's Crown (Vampire set, gives +500 Leadership). Trouble is, when I swap the former with the latter, my leadership actually goes down in regards to the elves and ranger units. I don't have either set completely equipped, so what gives?!?
Which reminds me that the first time I defeated the dragon holding Tyr's (or whatever his name is) armor, right upon completion of the fight the game loaded it again from the beginning, but with my army, rage and mana at their values from the end of the previous fight. Nice, isn't it? :rolleyes:
Swear to God, it is downright unbelievable how this game was released in such a state, esp. considering the fact that it changes virtually nothing in terms of engine, gameplay, UI, units or even items.

Not sure on the helms. Double fights are good for XP but it was fixed in 6249.

You aren't even on the latest patch. Latest patch is build 6249, but it has a lot of new problems it introduces. Are you not on steam?

Rork
11-29-2012, 04:28 PM
~45000 leadership. Unless you were near end game, you can't shackle them and that isn't a good way to stop them.
Actually I think it's the best way to stop them (or any other units with pesky ranged magical abilites), because they just become regular units, but that's not important :cool:.

Clever use of trap and ensuring you don't show your BACK to them is the right way to do it. Or show your back and throw trap. The unit's actual facing is what determines vulnerability to backstab.
You probably don't know the assassin that well. :) He has 2 skills. Backstab and Murder. Backstab requires the back to be facing. Murder does NOT. If he uses Murder to kill a unit, he reloads Backstab for free and can stab again.
Let me make it as clear as possible (too bad I have no screenshot for this).
I did not move my units, just kept them on the starting hexes, so no back was facing at any moment. The actual backstab came from the right front hex of the unmoved unit. Also, the battle went on like this: 1st turn, my army waited, spells and rage rained down, assassins moved; 2nd turn, my army waited, used some more spells and rage, assassins used backstab on the center unmoved unit.
At no point did the assassins used murder, as they were in no contact with any of my units and certainly no kill was involved. Trust me, I do know the assassins quite well ;).

Double fights are good for XP but it was fixed in 6249.
Double fights like this are shit (obviously a bug not present in the other games), something like a cheat.

You aren't even on the latest patch. Latest patch is build 6249, but it has a lot of new problems it introduces. Are you not on steam?
Whatever fixes I can do via file editing or console are more useful than any patch, at least for now, so I'm only playing offline. I would've stopped playing had not I advanced so much in the game, but since patching renders previous saves useless, I decided to try to finish like this. Not a Steam fan, I only use Steam when there's no way around it.

Finally moved past Loki, but I'm not sure if I did what you said, since Enter apparently didn't work (there was a new title involved and then the achievement). I ended up moving mouse pointer on the OK button and pressing Enter repeatedly (yes, I know, not exactly a dignified sight). What I did change in the fight was to move my units on the up and down lateral rows (where Loki's firebreath doesn't reach) and kept them there, except the damage-dealing Dragons, for the duration of the fight. That meant the hexes affected by the the fire didn't activate - maybe it also helped. Anyway, five Death Stars later it was solved with minimal losses. Still, game-breaking bug there, so good luck circumventing it.

Another, well, not bug, but definitely a mistake: Dragon Slayer's Sword doesn't mention in its description that it's part of the Dragon Hunter Set.

ckdamascus
11-29-2012, 05:06 PM
Actually I think it's the best way to stop them (or any other units with pesky ranged magical abilites), because they just become regular units, but that's not important :cool:.

For 35 mana that 'might' or might not work if the stack is weak enough? Considering you can double cast... so many cheaper/stronger methods.

If you trap them, they get stuck in your side of the field, all alone. You can take them out really fast in the first round then.

If they are too strong to finish in one round, you can use phantom or a summoner unit as a decoy so they burn their backstabs on it. You still need to worry about murder but that isn't a big deal.

Trap and Phantom (level 2) can be cast for <= 20 mana so you can still double cast. Most mages will have trap maxed out by then, so you can have your interdictor (usually black dragon or archdemon) stand in front of the pre-dropped traps to bait the assassins to backstab over and fail. (assuming that is out of range of their melee/range)

AND you still get free spells to cast for less mana.

Shackles you can precast one spell then it might work on some or other units as you've seen. Not to mention it costs a LOT of crystals to get.

Let me make it as clear as possible (too bad I have no screenshot for this).
I did not move my units, just kept them on the starting hexes, so no back was facing at any moment. The actual backstab came from the right front hex of the unmoved unit. Also, the battle went on like this: 1st turn, my army waited, spells and rage rained down, assassins moved; 2nd turn, my army waited, used some more spells and rage, assassins used backstab on the center unmoved unit.
At no point did the assassins used murder, as they were in no contact with any of my units and certainly no kill was involved. Trust me, I do know the assassins quite well ;).

Double fights like this are shit (obviously a bug not present in the other games), something like a cheat.

Ok that sounds like a bug then. There really is no point in discussing old bugs though. You are using an old version of the game which has already been patched. Also, incorrect about not existing before. This bug existed in Armored Princess (double fight), but far more rare.

Whatever fixes I can do via file editing or console are more useful than any patch, at least for now, so I'm only playing offline. I would've stopped playing had not I advanced so much in the game, but since patching renders previous saves useless, I decided to try to finish like this. Not a Steam fan, I only use Steam when there's no way around it.

Incorrect. Patch does not render previous saves useless. Of course, you should back up the game just in case (I have).

What happens is if the new patch fixes an old Quest bug, continuing your existing game will not HAVE that quest bug fixed despite being in the new patch because your save was generated in the old one. I know why but ugh it's annoying (because they patch it by using quest item generation and new games generate items).

I can complete the game with my "initial saved game build 6246" with current build 6249. But again, you will find some new bugs which may or may not alarm you, but it will fix other bugs.

Finally moved past Loki, but I'm not sure if I did what you said, since Enter apparently didn't work (there was a new title involved and then the achievement). I ended up moving mouse pointer on the OK button and pressing Enter repeatedly (yes, I know, not exactly a dignified sight). What I did change in the fight was to move my units on the up and down lateral rows (where Loki's firebreath doesn't reach) and kept them there, except the damage-dealing Dragons, for the duration of the fight. That meant the hexes affected by the the fire didn't activate - maybe it also helped. Anyway, five Death Stars later it was solved with minimal losses. Still, game-breaking bug there, so good luck circumventing it.

Another, well, not bug, but definitely a mistake: Dragon Slayer's Sword doesn't mention in its description that it's part of the Dragon Hunter Set.

Loki's fire breath is terribly bugged in 6246. Works fine in 6249 as far as I can tell both when I use the Breath Weapon (when I learn it after beating him) and during boss fights.

However, it seems they kept the old "crash after" battle one.

Yeah, Dragon slayer sword set is fixed in 6249 as well.

LegendMaker
11-29-2012, 05:31 PM
Actually I think it's the best way to stop them (or any other units with pesky ranged magical abilites), because they just become regular units, but that's not important :cool:
Well, that's certainly moving outside of technical advice and well into strategical advice, but it still saddens me to see you missing the point that bad. Allow me to try and clarify, okay?

What ckdamascus was pointing at is the fact that if you one day decide to switch to a difficulty level a little more challenging than "Normal", as you currently play, you should hopefully come to realize that Magic Shackles only ever applies when you are way more powerful than the enemy anyways, due to the leadership cap he mentioned. He wasn't telling you "not turning your back on your enemy is a better defense than tying your enemy's hands", as you apparently understood; he was more telling you "if you're in a position where an enemy will let you tie his hands easily, then this enemy is not much of a threat to begin with". Seriously, man, think about that. WotN's "Impossible" mode is already ridiculously easy to beat, I can't even fathom how overpowered you must be in "Normal" mode.

If you really have a thing for "Magic Shackles", try recruiting Witch Hunters if you get the chance. Their shackles are not limited by leadership. You should have fun. ;)

Youpiya
11-29-2012, 06:28 PM
Butcher award count is bugging...
I try to lose my Phenix to be sure the count goes up. I did it regularly, I was about 7/25 or 8/25 and today I'm looking the count is 0/25...

Pfff I understand why now : I play on 2 computers on Steam. The count of butcher award is not in the save file... So each time I pass the save file from one PC to another, the count restart to zero...
Wow, develop with hands, not with feet...

Rork
11-29-2012, 08:12 PM
Well, that's certainly moving outside of technical advice and well into strategical advice, but it still saddens me to see you missing the point that bad. Allow me to try and clarify, okay?

What ckdamascus was pointing at is the fact that if you one day decide to switch to a difficulty level a little more challenging than "Normal", as you currently play, you should hopefully come to realize that Magic Shackles only ever applies when you are way more powerful than the enemy anyways, due to the leadership cap he mentioned. He wasn't telling you "not turning your back on your enemy is a better defense than tying your enemy's hands", as you apparently understood; he was more telling you "if you're in a position where an enemy will let you tie his hands easily, then this enemy is not much of a threat to begin with". Seriously, man, think about that. WotN's "Impossible" mode is already ridiculously easy to beat, I can't even fathom how overpowered you must be in "Normal" mode.

If you really have a thing for "Magic Shackles", try recruiting Witch Hunters if you get the chance. Their shackles are not limited by leadership. You should have fun. ;)

Well, I was wondering when someone who thinks he proves something by playing on impossible would step in.
For your information, I don't "have a thing for magic shackles", it was just a perfect opportunity to see if it worked as advertised - I even upgraded them in fight for this, as they're currently level 1. I would suggest trying to re-read carefully this time (word by word, in case you're missing my point) the messages, but before that do try to put some points into your reading skills.
In short, to be polite, please save your precious "stategical advice" for someone who cares and do step in only when your valiant efforts on impossible will actually amount to something else besides making you feel high and mighty.

Rork
11-29-2012, 08:36 PM
For 35 mana that 'might' or might not work if the stack is weak enough? Considering you can double cast... so many cheaper/stronger methods.
Whatever works - as I've already said, it's not important. And I'd rather avoid stirring the wasps' nest about what level of difficulty we're playing on or what spells/gear builds we use. O darn, too late :lol:.

If they are too strong to finish in one round...
Um... do you get many battles where you can finish in one round or is that a figure of speech? I don't know whether the game scales the enemies according to the character's level, but even labels such as Strong or Very Strong usually means at least three turns - at least to me, it does.

Not to mention it costs a LOT of crystals to get.
It's only at level 1, haven't upgraded it (and probably won't), since I don't use it.

Ok that sounds like a bug then. There really is no point in discussing old bugs though. ... Also, incorrect about not existing before. This bug existed in Armored Princess (double fight), but far more rare.
I've played twice AP, not including Crossworlds, and never once ran into such a bug. It already occured several times in KBWotN. So it may be an old bug, but they kept it while adding others - not worth mentioning it then?

Incorrect. Patch does not render previous saves useless. Of course, you should back up the game just in case (I have).
What happens is if the new patch fixes an old Quest bug, continuing your existing game will not HAVE that quest bug fixed despite being in the new patch because your save was generated in the old one.
And why is that incorrect? If the patch doesn't apply to my current save, than that save is pretty much useless when it comes to the fixed bugs.
If you wanna talk semantics, then I suppose we could debate whether "useless" might or might not be too strong a word here: the save can still be used after the patch, xcept the patch won't do anything for your game, might as well start from scratch again. That's pretty much useless in my book :-P.

ckdamascus
11-29-2012, 08:51 PM
Um... do you get many battles where you can finish in one round or is that a figure of speech? I don't know whether the game scales the enemies according to the character's level, but even labels such as Strong or Very Strong usually means at least three turns - at least to me, it does.

No, you want to kill or cripple the assassin STACK in round 1 if you are going to bait them into a trap early on.

step 1), walk 'bait' unit up one step.
step 2) cast trap behind bait.
step 3) when assassin goes, they will backstab, and FAIL/get INTERRUPTED before doing ANY damage to your bait, but they will be STUCK behind your bait.
step 4) beat the living daylights out of the assasin stack

But you don't want to do this if you can't cripple the 300 assassin stack in the first round because then you might take losses the next round because you just put a big stack of assassins next to your army :)

I've played twice AP, not including Crossworlds, and never once ran into such a bug. It already occured several times in KBWotN. So it may be an old bug, but they kept it while adding others - not worth mentioning it then?

You made the claim "Double fights like this are shit (obviously a bug not present in the other games), something like a cheat.", I was simply saying it isn't true. (e.g. not present in other games). Nevermind that it was fixed in build 6249 as far as I can tell (at the last island, didn't see a single double fight).

And why is that incorrect? If the patch doesn't apply to my current save, than that save is pretty much useless when it comes to the fixed bugs.
If you wanna talk semantics, then I suppose we could debate whether "useless" might or might not be too strong a word here: the save can still be used after the patch, xcept the patch won't do anything for your game, might as well start from scratch again. That's pretty much useless in my book :-P.

Because the patch does apply to your current saved game. Just some parts of the patch does not. e.g. If you had the patch, Loki fire does not screw up at all. You can continue your existing game. So it DOES apply to your saved game just some of the Quest patches do not.

Unfortunately it means you will break pygmy, favorite of the gods, avenging angel, demon rage balls, but you will fix loki crashes, assassin weirdness, ice dragon crashes, double fights, a few other things which I don't remember to list right now, etc all of this WITHOUT RESTARTING the game.

I'm not sure if you feel just because you can't fix a few optional quests you consider it 'useless' but I would hardly say it "wont' do anything for your game" considering you are running into bugs that appear to have been fixed in said patch. :)

LegendMaker
11-29-2012, 08:52 PM
Well, [butthurt message aiming for a snap rebuttal]
Cool story, bro. No more strategy advice or plain English for you, duly noted. Have fun. ;)

camelotcrusade
11-29-2012, 09:42 PM
Some interesting tangents here, but I'm not sure if I am missing new bugs or not. I am also getting exasperated with how many we are finding as a result of the last patch.

I kind of want to throw up my hands and say let's start counting again after the next patch. Assuming we get one. Should be soon, I hope, it's been a good while.

ckdamascus
11-29-2012, 09:49 PM
Some interesting tangents here, but I'm not sure if I am missing new bugs or not. I am also getting exasperated with how many we are finding as a result of the last patch.

I kind of want to throw up my hands and say let's start counting again after the next patch. Assuming we get one. Should be soon, I hope, it's been a good while.

Fixed bugs.
- Courtley Garb can be upgraded now
- Ay Vaz works in build 6249 start 6246 (patch 2)
- Giant spider missile weapon is magic damage, not poison. working as intended.

New bugs.
- EDIT: Sorry not a bug, I left the game in dev mode. (If Action Re-Rage is activated just once, you can now press 'r' (keep spamming 'r') even when rage skill is not available and re-cast any rage skill. This ALSO maxes your rage skill. This can be repeated until multiple times until your rage cooldown runs out.)
- Friendly fire crit damage does way too much damage. It seems to ignore resists or defense or both. e.g. flame flood from red dragon can crit my black dragons for 934 damage. That just isn't normal considering I only have 22K leadership
- "Valhalla's messenger makes some viking stacks (slingers, berserkers, WMs, jarls) do increased damage. Or at least that's what it claims, it doesn't do anything (at least not for berserkers or WMs. Haven't checked slingers or jarls)."
- Obstacles on the field are now immune to area of effect skills like Regina's Golem summoning, fire flood, black dragon's fire flood, etc. You have to manually attack it with melee or ranged to directly kill them. e.g. Cursed Shrine, Dwarven Shrine, etc. Plus they all have 0/1 HP or something absurd.

Mistake on my part
- Pygmy has been BUFFED in this patch to -20%, -35%, -50%. Also, a pygmy patch was made by ftww and appears to work. I believe I can get an avenging angel patch to work, but I don't know why they stuffed the 1 dmg bit in there.
- Sorry if I was misleading, but if the enemy casts avenging angel on their own units, if I cast an offensive spell like fireball on them, they take only 1 dmg and it doesn't tick away a usage. That probably makes sense since normally a spell should do full damage and not do any ticks since you aren't "avenging" the main spell caster. In any event, I think my tiny one line patch fixes this though!

- I think I fixed Avenging Angel and consequently Favorite of the Gods. The logic seems to still work (Favorite of the Gods and Avenging Angel), so that's a good sign. This means I was right. :) They were completely related yet one simple line fix seems to have fixed both for now. I'll post patches after I've done a bit more testing.

Rork
11-30-2012, 07:42 AM
No, you want to kill or cripple the assassin STACK in round 1 if you are going to bait them into a trap early on.
Different approaches, different players, whatever works best for each. Not moving my units = not exposing them = the assassin's skills don't work = gives time to focus on other more immediate threats + added bonus of not casting trap but a more efficient spell. Of course, it all depends on the opposing army's composition.
But this is a thread about bugs, not about strategy tips'n'tricks.

You made the claim "Double fights like this are shit (obviously a bug not present in the other games), something like a cheat.", I was simply saying it isn't true. (e.g. not present in other games).
Ah, I stand corrected. I made the wrong assumption that since I haven't encountered it, that particular bug wasn't present in the other games - my bad.

I'm not sure if you feel just because you can't fix a few optional quests you consider it 'useless' but I would hardly say it "wont' do anything for your game" considering you are running into bugs that appear to have been fixed in said patch. :)
A few bugs fixed, a lot more introduced, some fixes will not show up in your current game, meaning a restart - not normal. I expect a patch to:
1. work as a whole, not "just some parts";
2. let me get on with the game, not force me to restart (even if it's only for minor details, which a quest is not imho).
O well, maybe it's just me and I'm growing too disillusioned with this new & botched KB. Still damn adddictive though, even despite its multitude of problems :cool:.

Woods7Van
11-30-2012, 07:59 AM
Trapper only works when the stack dies as a result of a trap
http://www.rlgf.info/16.jpg
http://www.rlgf.info/13.jpg
http://www.rlgf.info/14.jpg
http://www.rlgf.info/17.jpg
http://www.sbqg.info/19.jpg
http://www.ryzu.info/10.jpg

ckdamascus
11-30-2012, 11:08 AM
Trapper only works when the stack dies as a result of a trap
http://www.rlgf.info/16.jpg
http://www.rlgf.info/13.jpg
http://www.rlgf.info/14.jpg
http://www.rlgf.info/17.jpg
http://www.sbqg.info/19.jpg
http://www.ryzu.info/10.jpg

The links to the images are broken (they probably disallow hotlinking, you can just upload the pictures directly here via manage attachments in advanced mode).

That said, trapper is supposed to only work when the stack dies to increase the challenge of maxing it out.

Nirual
11-30-2012, 01:18 PM
A few bugs fixed, a lot more introduced, some fixes will not show up in your current game, meaning a restart - not normal. I expect a patch to:
1. work as a whole, not "just some parts";
2. let me get on with the game, not force me to restart (even if it's only for minor details, which a quest is not imho).

Unfortunately the way some of the game's coding works having to start a fresh game for some changes to apply is quite understandable. And a patch failing to fix a problem isnt entirely unheard of either.
that said, this game was obviously rushed out without any serious testing and so were the patches. Even the patchnotes seem rushed. I would've liked to know what they found to be wrong with all those spells they "corrected".

ckdamascus
11-30-2012, 01:48 PM
Unfortunately the way some of the game's coding works having to start a fresh game for some changes to apply is quite understandable. And a patch failing to fix a problem isnt entirely unheard of either.
that said, this game was obviously rushed out without any serious testing and so were the patches. Even the patchnotes seem rushed. I would've liked to know what they found to be wrong with all those spells they "corrected".

Concur.

Seems like Plague has been reworked significantly in text and such.

Oil Mist as well (but unclear how, but the code is different and that is probably the cause of the slowdown due to logic calculations... but calculating for what?!?)

Pygmy was buffed (ftww's fix works quite well for it).

Avenging angel... they clearly had some intention to buff it (not sure how or why). And we saw the result of that partial commitment to whatever buff.

I see WHY you have to restart the game. Annoying though. Very annoying. :)

That said, I did a speedy debug/test run with pure build 6249 start to build 6249 finish.

A New Star is Born -- you can break this quest if you kill the orc in the citadel before gettign the mission. The game does try to alleviate it, but the dialog when you talk to Knuld never shows up and you can never get the dress.

Conversely, if you do NOT prematurely kill the orc, it works fine!

Spellbook bug with Eric STILL occurs, but I wonder if it is because I "learned" a new spell during the fight or if it is because I used minimum allies. Unclear for now.

I did a super speedy bullcrap run, bypassing everything. But, I have save points in a lot of key areas, so if anyone wants to know if a mission is bugged in build 6249 with a FRESH game, let me know and I will try to test for you.

Nirual
11-30-2012, 02:19 PM
A New Star is Born -- you can break this quest if you kill the orc in the citadel before gettign the mission. The game does try to alleviate it, but the dialog when you talk to Knuld never shows up and you can never get the dress.

Conversely, if you do NOT prematurely kill the orc, it works fine!

It bugged for me doing it the normal way. Killed the orc with the banner in inventory, nothing happened.

Spellbook bug with Eric STILL occurs, but I wonder if it is because I "learned" a new spell during the fight or if it is because I used minimum allies. Unclear for now.

Its minimum allies.

ckdamascus
11-30-2012, 02:24 PM
It bugged for me doing it the normal way. Killed the orc with the banner in inventory, nothing happened.

Its minimum allies.

Nirual, are you on 6249 / 6249? (I am using a slash to indicate Starting Save / Current patch).

It will NOT work if you are 6246 / 6249.

Yeah you are right. It is minimum allies for sure. The game somehow doesn't keep state / track of your original spellbook so when you fight an army yourself, and it comes out it's like OOPs.

dljussuf
11-30-2012, 04:20 PM
Dear All,

I am experiencing some issues with the game.
It appears that I am not able to complete the game any longer due to several stuck quests. Hopefully someone can help me out here, would be awesome!

Quests I cannot finish:

Paper for the Professor: I donated the bottle of ink to a Valkyrie

Sorcerers Pet Frog: I cannot obtain a Dress due to broken quest Plundered Stylist

Plundered Stylist: I deafeated all the thiefs and found 2 of the items on the map, but the thiefs did not add the items to my inventory. Questlog tells me to return the 5 items, but I only have 2 in my inventory, and the npc can count unfortunately...resulting in a broken quest.

Heir to the throne: Yeah King Asvald will not accept the stupid flag(known bug I guess)

Luckless Hunter: Black unicorn was jewish ...it did not have a horn so appearently circumsized. (Forgive my bad joke)

A star is born: I cant obtain the princess dress, I killed that orc in the castle before I got the quest, now I am not able to holst the flag on that castle (quest Fly the Banner).

Alliance with the Vikings: Stuck at step: FInd out why the orcs waged war on Tungsinn. (I talked to everybody but I cant get any more answeres from npcs =/ )

Alliance with the Elves: I cant find Princess Amelie....Where is she ?

Stop Gulford: I cant attack Eric (that backstabbing bastard). I have an Alliance with the dwarfs and the demons already, but it seems to be not enough.

Is there a possibility to "cheat" some of the items in my inventory to proceed with the quests? Is There an possibility for me to finnish the game ?

I already played the game for 145 hours(yes in that one savegame).....I beg you...please let me finnish the game!

Stats to the gameplay:
-Impossible difficulty
-Class: Skald
-Lvl: 66
-Fights: 696 (693 no loss)

with kind regards
Jussuf from the North

ckdamascus
11-30-2012, 05:33 PM
Dear All,

I am experiencing some issues with the game.
It appears that I am not able to complete the game any longer due to several stuck quests. Hopefully someone can help me out here, would be awesome!

Quests I cannot finish:

Paper for the Professor: I donated the bottle of ink to a Valkyrie

Sorcerers Pet Frog: I cannot obtain a Dress due to broken quest Plundered Stylist

Plundered Stylist: I deafeated all the thiefs and found 2 of the items on the map, but the thiefs did not add the items to my inventory. Questlog tells me to return the 5 items, but I only have 2 in my inventory, and the npc can count unfortunately...resulting in a broken quest.

Heir to the throne: Yeah King Asvald will not accept the stupid flag(known bug I guess)

Luckless Hunter: Black unicorn was jewish ...it did not have a horn so appearently circumsized. (Forgive my bad joke)

A star is born: I cant obtain the princess dress, I killed that orc in the castle before I got the quest, now I am not able to holst the flag on that castle (quest Fly the Banner).

Alliance with the Vikings: Stuck at step: FInd out why the orcs waged war on Tungsinn. (I talked to everybody but I cant get any more answeres from npcs =/ )

Alliance with the Elves: I cant find Princess Amelie....Where is she ?

Stop Gulford: I cant attack Eric (that backstabbing bastard). I have an Alliance with the dwarfs and the demons already, but it seems to be not enough.

Is there a possibility to "cheat" some of the items in my inventory to proceed with the quests? Is There an possibility for me to finnish the game ?

I already played the game for 145 hours(yes in that one savegame).....I beg you...please let me finnish the game!

Stats to the gameplay:
-Impossible difficulty
-Class: Skald
-Lvl: 66
-Fights: 696 (693 no loss)

with kind regards
Jussuf from the North

Paper for Professor, sorry you can't finish it now without using cheat code to regain Ink item.
in consoel mode
~
"item ink_pot"

That should work.

All the other ones you listed are fixed in the latest build IF you start over (don't do it) except a Star is Born. You have to do that in order or else it will fail. (e.g dont' kill orc too early. I know, it's bad design).

BUT the good news. You can still beat the game.

At Tungsin, go to a little non-descript hut guarded by a 'strong' goblin army. Talk to the wife. She will let you kill the other citadel orc boss (the one who says get out of here when you try to buy stuff from him).

After that, talk to the main barbarian guy castle (the cross dresser who has the dress). He will say A-OK. Peace on earth.

Go back to Asvald (Riftland). Everything is OK.

Make sure you have enough allies (Demon ally and/or Deserter Human ally) or else after you beat Eric your spellbook will be empty. I mean the Demoness Xeona as your ally and Sergio or whatever as your ally, not "units".

Go back to Arlania to where the Elves are now (Iron Richard's old crib).

He will say "time to kick some ass".

Go to Greenwort. Time to beat Eric.

Then time to feed Guilford some chocolates.

Nirual
11-30-2012, 07:16 PM
Nirual, are you on 6249 / 6249? (I am using a slash to indicate Starting Save / Current patch).

It will NOT work if you are 6246 / 6249.

Guess I was 6246 starting.

Yeah you are right. It is minimum allies for sure. The game somehow doesn't keep state / track of your original spellbook so when you fight an army yourself, and it comes out it's like OOPs.

It's definitely some confused coding when you fight the final army yourself. You also get a huge boost in leadership like in the fights where you do fight as an ally (to avoid leadership issues with the pretermined armies).

camelotcrusade
12-01-2012, 05:04 AM
Fixed bugs.
- Courtley Garb can be upgraded now
- Ay Vaz works in build 6249 start 6246 (patch 2)
- Giant spider missile weapon is magic damage, not poison. working as intended.

New bugs.
- EDIT: Sorry not a bug, I left the game in dev mode. (If Action Re-Rage is activated just once, you can now press 'r' (keep spamming 'r') even when rage skill is not available and re-cast any rage skill. This ALSO maxes your rage skill. This can be repeated until multiple times until your rage cooldown runs out.)
- Friendly fire crit damage does way too much damage. It seems to ignore resists or defense or both. e.g. flame flood from red dragon can crit my black dragons for 934 damage. That just isn't normal considering I only have 22K leadership
- "Valhalla's messenger makes some viking stacks (slingers, berserkers, WMs, jarls) do increased damage. Or at least that's what it claims, it doesn't do anything (at least not for berserkers or WMs. Haven't checked slingers or jarls)."
- Obstacles on the field are now immune to area of effect skills like Regina's Golem summoning, fire flood, black dragon's fire flood, etc. You have to manually attack it with melee or ranged to directly kill them. e.g. Cursed Shrine, Dwarven Shrine, etc. Plus they all have 0/1 HP or something absurd.

Mistake on my part
- Pygmy has been BUFFED in this patch to -20%, -35%, -50%. Also, a pygmy patch was made by ftww and appears to work. I believe I can get an avenging angel patch to work, but I don't know why they stuffed the 1 dmg bit in there.
- Sorry if I was misleading, but if the enemy casts avenging angel on their own units, if I cast an offensive spell like fireball on them, they take only 1 dmg and it doesn't tick away a usage. That probably makes sense since normally a spell should do full damage and not do any ticks since you aren't "avenging" the main spell caster. In any event, I think my tiny one line patch fixes this though!

- I think I fixed Avenging Angel and consequently Favorite of the Gods. The logic seems to still work (Favorite of the Gods and Avenging Angel), so that's a good sign. This means I was right. :) They were completely related yet one simple line fix seems to have fixed both for now. I'll post patches after I've done a bit more testing.

Hey, thanks for this. I've been getting tired by all the bugs coming in with no patches. So an documented change to pygmy was that buff, but it's still lowering to 1hp, right?

Updated all the fixed bugs you reported. For the new bugs, I would like some more information. Here are some tentative entries I'm hoping you can help me tweak. I don't have black dragons so I don't know what I'm talking about so you'll see where I made something up. Anyway:

Valhalla's Messenger not increasing viking damage: This award says it increases viking damage by X, but it appears to have no effect on berserkers or warrior maidens. It may also have no effet on other viking units (unconfirmed).
Friendly Fire damage seems excessive: When your units are hit by friendly fire (for example Red dragon flame trail) they take more damange than expected. Are unit and/or hero resistances being ignored? As an example, a black dragon hit by flame trail should be nearly immune to fire, but it takes normal damage.

I'll add the field obstacles thing as I get that one, and I amended my avenging angel entry to cover the rare cases where you face it on an enemy. Phew!

ckdamascus
12-01-2012, 11:21 AM
Hey, thanks for this. I've been getting tired by all the bugs coming in with no patches. So an documented change to pygmy was that buff, but it's still lowering to 1hp, right?

Updated all the fixed bugs you reported. For the new bugs, I would like some more information. Here are some tentative entries I'm hoping you can help me tweak. I don't have black dragons so I don't know what I'm talking about so you'll see where I made something up. Anyway:

Valhalla's Messenger not increasing viking damage: This award says it increases viking damage by X, but it appears to have no effect on berserkers or warrior maidens. It may also have no effet on other viking units (unconfirmed).
Friendly Fire damage seems excessive: When your units are hit by friendly fire (for example Red dragon flame trail) they take more damange than expected. Are unit and/or hero resistances being ignored? As an example, a black dragon hit by flame trail should be nearly immune to fire, but it takes normal damage.

I'll add the field obstacles thing as I get that one, and I amended my avenging angel entry to cover the rare cases where you face it on an enemy. Phew!

Pygmy, yes. It got stronger, but it wasn't supposed to drop it to 1 HP. ftww did a patch for it.

About Avenging Angel, sorry I didn't make it clear. The avenging angel duration DOES go away if you strike at them with a unit directly (and the angel strikes back). The problem was if I cast a spell on them, it wouldn't go away (nor should it, since there is NO ONE to avenge) but it was still reducing damage to 1. It is all moot though since I already patched it. It was just a really bad side effect that it made you virtually immune to all damage such as rage spells and such and it wouldn't tick away because avenging angel was NEVER supposed to help you take less damage. e.g. I could cast Guridda's rage, and it would do 1 damage to them, but they'd still have duration 4 left on it. Because you can't avenge a rage skill nor a flame arrow. :) But again, all fixed with the patch.

The patch also fixes favorite of the gods because as I assumed, they were linked.

Valhalla was someone else's bug but that's what I read it as.

Friendly fire only seems to do more damage during a critical hit. Normal hits seem to be affected by resistances. (they might take 20 dmg), but if I get "unlucky" and crit them, they might take 300-400 damage (in some cases, 930 damage).

dainbramage
12-01-2012, 12:39 PM

The award claims to increase the damage of Jarls, Warrior Maidens, Berserkers and Slingers (just those 4, not all vikings) by 10/15/20%. I've confirmed that it doesn't do anything for all 4, at medal levels I and II. Haven't found enough enemy viking stacks to get it to level 3 yet.

Other bugs you haven't updated, each of which I've confirmed:

Berserkers do 4-7 + 3-5 damage when attacking, and 3-5 when retaliating. None of these are the 4-5 damage that the game claims they do. Since 3-5 is shown in their shock shield ability, the shown damage should be changed to 4-7.

Killing a stack with trap gives transmute mana twice

Engineers always burn when it should only happen 15% of the time (confirmed to a p-value of <10^-16, anyway).

ivra
12-01-2012, 01:34 PM
Found a new bug scanning the items.txt file in the ses.kfs file. (Running Patch 3)

The item 'Dragons Hunter's Shield' says '-20% damage from enemy dragons', but it reduces damage from all types of damage, except fire.

The reason is that the magic section was copied, but they forgot to replace magic with fire, as indicated below with red text.

dragonslayer_shield {
category=o
image=heroitem_shield_dragon_slayer.png
hint_config=object_item
label=itm_dragonslayer_shield_name
hint=itm_dragonslayer_shield_hint
information_label=itm_dragonslayer_shield_info
maphint=
mapinfo=
atoms {
1 {
atom=
lu=template_item_mb
label=
}
}
price=38500
maxcount=2
level=4
race=viking
setref=set_antidragon
use {}
fight {
{
filter {
belligerent=enemy
unit=blackdragon,bonedragon,dragon_ice,greendragon ,reddragon,infernodragon1,infernodragon2,infernodr agon3
}
pbonus=
dbonus=physical,0,-20,0,-100,0,0
rbonus=
attack_on=
attack_off=
}
{
filter {
belligerent=enemy
unit=blackdragon,bonedragon,dragon_ice,greendragon ,reddragon,infernodragon1,infernodragon2,infernodr agon3
}
pbonus=
dbonus=poison,0,-20,0,-100,0,0
rbonus=
attack_on=
attack_off=
}
{
filter {
belligerent=enemy
}
pbonus=
dbonus=magic,0,-20,0,-100,0,0
rbonus=
attack_on=
attack_off=
}
{
filter {
belligerent=enemy
}
pbonus=
dbonus=magic,0,-20,0,-100,0,0
rbonus=
attack_on=
attack_off=
}
{
filter {
belligerent=enemy
}
pbonus=
dbonus=glacial,0,-20,0,-100,0,0
rbonus=
attack_on=
attack_off=
}
{
filter {
belligerent=enemy
}
pbonus=
dbonus=astral,0,-20,0,-100,0,0
rbonus=
attack_on=
attack_off=
}
}
mods {
defense=count,2
}
propbits=shield
params {}
}

Confirmation: I just verified this bug. The black dragon was doing the exact same damage to my troop wheather I used this shield or another shield that also provided +2 Defense.

Nirual
12-01-2012, 02:56 PM
Guess I was 6246 starting.

Pirate ship quest bugged for me now aswell. Great, there I started an Impossible run and suddenly I get bugged quests that worked fine for me before.
Wouldnt mind restarting but for now I'll just wait for the next patch.

ckdamascus
12-01-2012, 03:22 PM
Pirate ship quest bugged for me now aswell. Great, there I started an Impossible run and suddenly I get bugged quests that worked fine for me before.
Wouldnt mind restarting but for now I'll just wait for the next patch.

Which? Ay Vaz? Oddly enough, that worked for me with 6246/6249.

ckdamascus
12-01-2012, 03:27 PM
I'm also super sad that items are being generated for the other INACCESSIBLE half of Demonis, making it harder to get some troops/items.

I had a good game roll, but the demons I wanted to use only spawned in an inaccessible area. They need more static spawn points to ensure you dont' need to re-roll games to have a fulfilling experience.

The 3 troll for the spider bit was a great idea! They need a few more things like that.

If they could also make it so the first island wasn't such a russian roulette for Viking Class, that would be great too.

I'd start by making it so NO enemy hero can nuke you on the first island. Either that or give me jarls/warrior maidens.

Or give the Viking the healing spell. Rage skills do not scale up enough damage (or make Viking Rage level 1 much stronger).

camelotcrusade
12-01-2012, 06:31 PM
Just added/edited the bugs from ckdamascus, the ones I missed from dainbramage and the one ivra just reported. Thanks for pointing those out for me, guys.

Do you think we're gonna get a new patch? o_O

ivra
12-01-2012, 07:02 PM
Thanks for pointing those out for me, guys.
You got it quite wrong, Sir: Thank YOU for compiling this list. :grin:

It is very convenient to just look at the first post of this thread when I encounter something strange to see if it is already a known issue. Keep up the good work!

Yeah, hopefully we will get a new patch soon. There is certainly no lack of things to fix...

ckdamascus
12-01-2012, 07:37 PM
What I am really hoping for is... some monster patch that opens up the other half of Demonis and for the ending to be slightly expanded [don't want to throw in spoilers] but let's say MEOW would be a good way to sum it up!?!

I mean, I could have asked for the Marshan Swamps but that would be a bit too much, and as ivra pointed out, thanks a lot man! Honestly, without this list I think a lot of us would have been very disheartened and confused by this release.

Furthermore, I usually check the russian forums and it seems like we were ahead! They were referring to the "english forums" for the "quick patches" HAH! Imagine that?!?!

Nirual
12-01-2012, 11:58 PM
Do you think we're gonna get a new patch? o_O

Sure hope so, theres a lot that still needs fixing.

Fatt_Shade
12-02-2012, 01:37 AM
@camelotcrusade
Just added/edited the bugs from ckdamascus, the ones I missed from dainbramage and the one ivra just reported. Thanks for pointing those out for me, guys.

You`re kidding me right ???
Not really bugs, but some things missed in items.txt i found :
- griffon_banner , griffon_feather , wing_wind , exorcist_necklace picture_griffin_king missing griffin spirit unit for bonus.
- dragonslayer_shield there is x2 -20% magic resistance , and no -fire%
- knight_boots , knight_armor missing paladin unit for bonus
- banner_true_faith missing lds bonus, now this item is much weaker then ancient_amulet / gladiator_sword
- telescopic-sight , set_krit no axethrower or slinger unit for bonuses (goblins and catapults, faun are listed)
- ogre_club missing jotun for bonus
- young_mask doesnt work because bonus is on wrong place : pbonus=health,0,0,7,-100,0,0 should be pbonus=health,0,7,0,-100,0,0
- _sling why are goblins here ?
- dragon_eye missing emerald green dragons for penalty
- wormgear and worm_gear_fake are this correct ? or should be worm_gear
- dragon_armor missing bone dragons.

This was reported a month ago (post #167 on this tread) no1 implemented it in 2 patches since then.
Not to mention rest of missed things i listed there.
Wtf is bugs tread for if you ppl dont check for reported problems by players. This shouldnt even be option, it`s not our job to fix things for you.

ivra
12-02-2012, 07:21 AM
@Fatt Shade
Please don't attack camelotcrusade. He is one of us just like you: A gamer trying to contribute to making this game better. This thread is now 80+ pages and it is quite human to miss something.

You got quite a list of bugs there. I think they should be included on the first page. Thanks for letting us know. I have not followed this thread from the beginning so I missed your post too.

Nirual
12-02-2012, 10:26 AM
I'm not even sure if the devs read these posts. Last patch changed quite a lot of things noone was talking about here.

ckdamascus
12-02-2012, 07:29 PM
Pacify still does NOT work. It works with regard to damage, but it does NOT weaken + lower initiative of the target down to 1.

dainbramage
12-03-2012, 06:51 AM
I figured out what's going on with Blizzard.

Rather than freezing targets as intended, it concentrates every rolled freeze into one target who receives an extended freeze, with total duration the sum of each individual one. This can be upwards of 10 turns.

EDIT: Added screenshot showing 8 turn freeze

Nirual
12-03-2012, 10:38 AM
I figured out what's going on with Blizzard.

Rather than freezing targets as intended, it concentrates every rolled freeze into one target who receives an extended freeze, with total duration the sum of each individual one. This can be upwards of 10 turns.

EDIT: Added screenshot showing 8 turn freeze

So thats why I've been seeing freezes with such long durations... so the intended function would be 1-2 turns per target?

ivra
12-03-2012, 04:14 PM
Couple of new (?) bugs I found in Arlania:

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-b1Xfxcjt9QU/ULzdiKH-NCI/AAAAAAAAA7A/_bpfCvo5DvU/s1152/Bugs_Arlania.jpg

dainbramage
12-04-2012, 02:07 AM
So thats why I've been seeing freezes with such long durations... so the intended function would be 1-2 turns per target?

Yeah, freeze should be 2 turns per target.
Couple of new (?) bugs I found in Arlania:
No idea on the yellow thing (seems like a placeholder for a missing model or something). As for the rune, that's more bad/unintuitive map design than a bug. You have to go through from the other side (i.e. facing from creiston mines to greenwort), it's passable even though it doesn't look it. using the arrow keys will probably help.

camelotcrusade
12-04-2012, 03:07 AM
@ivra, I have been all over that island and didn't see that placeholder so I'm wondering if it's a videocard issue. What kind of card do you have (sorry if you already told me for another bug) so I can note that when I list it.

@ckdamascus do you mean the unofficial code tweak to Pacify is only a partial fix? I do have Pacify on the bug list under Units and if necessary I can note the fix is only partial.

@Fattshade you started your post (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpost.php?p=475083&postcount=167) with the words "Not really bugs." I thought you would get back to us with the items that were bugs. If you or anyone else wants to verify what is still a problem (we've had three patches, after all) I can include them.

@dainbraindamage cool I will add a new entry for blizzard to comment on the freezing problem. The server is super slow right now for me so I'll get to this soon.

Also thanks to everyone for the cheerleading, I'm getting tired with more bugs and no patches. I still come and check this thread, but as often as before, so I appreciate the help.

ckdamascus
12-04-2012, 03:16 AM
@ivra, I have been all over that island and didn't see that placeholder so I'm wondering if it's a videocard issue. What kind of card do you have (sorry if you already told me for another bug) so I can note that when I list it.

@ckdamascus do you mean the unofficial code tweak to Pacify is only a partial fix? I do have Pacify on the bug list under Units and if necessary I can note the fix is only partial.

@Fattshade you started your post (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpost.php?p=475083&postcount=167) with the words "Not really bugs." I thought you would get back to us with the items that were bugs. If you or anyone else wants to verify what is still a problem (we've had three patches, after all) I can include them.

@dainbraindamage cool I will add a new entry for blizzard to comment on the freezing problem. The server is super slow right now for me so I'll get to this soon.

Also thanks to everyone for the cheerleading, I'm getting tired with more bugs and no patches. I still come and check this thread, but as often as before, so I appreciate the help.

I see the same glowing yellow ball now that ivra does. I don't quite remember if it was there before or not in the other ones. Not sure if it is only a build 6249 start save game issue or not (this is my first 6249 start save game run).

Regarding pacify, apparently they fixed it in the main code using the user patch (I see the double not not), but pacify has two special effects.

a) it does more damage
b) the target it hits will have its initiative lowered to 1 and will be stunned.

Part a is fixed by the user / dev patch, part b is NOT addressed at all.

The next patch will have the second half of demonis unlocked! :) j/k... i wish. :)

camelotcrusade
12-04-2012, 04:16 AM
Got it. I'll update the entry. Was that fix put in on build 6249?

I'll add the bit about the yellow ball, too.

ckdamascus
12-04-2012, 04:51 AM
Got it. I'll update the entry. Was that fix put in on build 6249?

I'll add the bit about the yellow ball, too.

The pacify "not not" fix was in build 6249 surprisingly. Without that, pacify would never do the slightly increased damage.

ivra
12-04-2012, 06:31 AM
Some additional information regarding the yellow ball that might or might not be relevant any more...
1) My current game where the yellow ball occurs is 100% 6249. In my first game I did not encounter the yellow ball. That game was started after Patch 1, but mainly played after Patch 2.
2) My graphic card is ATI Radeon HD 5800 Series, version 12.10 (latest available).

As for the rune, that's more bad/unintuitive map design than a bug. You have to go through from the other side (i.e. facing from creiston mines to greenwort), it's passable even though it doesn't look it. using the arrow keys will probably help.
Thanks! That worked, but it wasn't easy. And yes, I had to use the arrow keys in order to navigate to it.

Fatt_Shade
12-04-2012, 09:15 AM
@camelotcrusade
I listed things i found in items.txt that were wrong. Didnt think it really matter if i name them bugs , errors, misses, or developers fu.k up. Fact remains it something that is wrong in game files.
I`ll be sure to list my finds properly in future so dev team know who should read posts : Bug developer team start reading and it says `not really bug...` and they think a OK this is not our job leave it for miss crew. Beacause they all read this forum so often.
Sry to sound bitter camelotcrusade , but i find it seriously disregardful from whole dev studio to have some problem listed on their forum and 1 month and 3 patches later it still is in game (same thing for `If you have questions re .... and some1 will answer it form devs` , bunch serious posts in there with game problems, and no1 bothered to answer them) :-(

ckdamascus
12-04-2012, 04:08 PM
Dragon of Chaos dispells properly now (it is fixed in build 6249) as far as I can tell.

dressar63
12-04-2012, 05:29 PM
I don't think the Viking Absolute Rage skill works correctly. I have it at lvl 3 for my Viking and it should give
100% crit on counters
50% chance to receive 25% attack bonus on round 2
50% to crit hit dm
However my units do not always crit on counters and I have never had a unit receiving an attack bonus on round 2 (or it is not showing up as an increase in the units attack rating). The increase to crit damage is there though.

ckdamascus
12-04-2012, 07:02 PM
I don't think the Viking Absolute Rage skill works correctly. I have it at lvl 3 for my Viking and it should give
100% crit on counters
50% chance to receive 25% attack bonus on round 2
50% to crit hit dm
However my units do not always crit on counters and I have never had a unit receiving an attack bonus on round 2 (or it is not showing up as an increase in the units attack rating). The increase to crit damage is there though.

It works fine.

Nope, 100% of the BASE VALUE of critical hits. A troll's crit chance base value is about 10%to give you an example. I think paladin is 12% or so.

So your "morale buffed" + items paladin with 40% critical chance on hit will counter strike with 40+12% or 52% chance to crit back.

At least that is how I am reading it.

It has a CHANCE to give you a bonus of 25% attack rating on your BASE VALUE and will show up as a status effect (with no visable icon) called "Absolute Rage". It seems to stack twice though if you get hit twice (it only has a chance to give you absolute rage, not a guarntee) and lasts for 2 rounds. It can be dispeled by a skeleton archer's black arrow though.

camelotcrusade
12-04-2012, 09:23 PM
Dragon of Chaos dispells properly now (it is fixed in build 6249) as far as I can tell.

Thanks, I'll update it!

ckdamascus
12-05-2012, 12:44 PM
During the battle with Nilrem (guy you fight for the Staff of Starlight after you beat the 3 altars of power), you will get a random "ai_solver error" pop up if in debug mode.

If you are not in debug mode, this results in a crash to desktop with NO "there was an error with kbwotn.exe". It just magically shows up to the desktop with no error.

Build 6249/6249.

Nirual
12-05-2012, 02:03 PM
During the battle with Nilrem (guy you fight for the Staff of Starlight after you beat the 3 altars of power), you will get a random "ai_solver error" pop up if in debug mode.

If you are not in debug mode, this results in a crash to desktop with NO "there was an error with kbwotn.exe". It just magically shows up to the desktop with no error.

Build 6249/6249.

I also had that error during the fight with gorefiend.

ckdamascus
12-05-2012, 03:07 PM
I also had that error during the fight with gorefiend.

Did you have it on 6249/6249 or 6246/6249? My 6246/6249 didn't have that issue with Gorefiend.

I'm not sure what the trigger was either.

Nirual
12-05-2012, 04:34 PM
Did you have it on 6249/6249 or 6246/6249? My 6246/6249 didn't have that issue with Gorefiend.

I'm not sure what the trigger was either.

I'm not sure anymore, only happened once too. I had just used Christas Gift, so maybe it had something to do with that.

ckdamascus
12-05-2012, 04:50 PM
I'm not sure anymore, only happened once too. I had just used Christas Gift, so maybe it had something to do with that.

All in all, this is a pretty critical error in what is supposed to be a pseudo stable release.

If it wasn't for my extra knowledge to do workarounds, I would be a very disappointed end user.

Crossworlds had the rune mage bug hot fixed in 1 day.

Aleksandar777
12-05-2012, 05:20 PM
I dont know if someone reported this bug

when i fight against army with skald units, and they use his ability 'Paean', it always causes battle to crash
but when i disable him to use it, always finish battle without problems

ckdamascus
12-05-2012, 05:25 PM
I dont know if someone reported this bug

when i fight against army with skald units, and they use his ability 'Paean', it always causes battle to crash
but when i disable him to use it, always finish battle without problems

What initial saved game build are you using and what current build are you using?

I've used skald units specifically for paean for maybe 50-60 battles and fought against skalds for dozens of battles; zero crashes.

Using build 6249/6249. (initial build, current build).

I was actually fine against skalds even with 6246/6246 (nov-2 patch) builds as well.

Aleksandar777
12-05-2012, 05:59 PM
What initial saved game build are you using and what current build are you using?

I've used skald units specifically for paean for maybe 50-60 battles and fought against skalds for dozens of battles; zero crashes.

Using build 6249/6249. (initial build, current build).

I was actually fine against skalds even with 6246/6246 (nov-2 patch) builds as well.

Version 1.3.1 (Build 6245)

Can i use this savefile and install newest patch?
I just have problem with quest "Ay Vaz's Masterpiece" and want to finish it if is posible

ckdamascus
12-05-2012, 06:29 PM
Version 1.3.1 (Build 6245)

Can i use this savefile and install newest patch?
I just have problem with quest "Ay Vaz's Masterpiece" and want to finish it if is posible

Yes, that's why I try to note starting saved game build / current build.

e.g. I have beaten the game with (6245/6246) before (means I started with 6245 saved game, but ran it with 6246.

That said, the patch will not fix the Ay Vaz masterpiece quest for you IF it is broken right now.

Aleksandar777
12-05-2012, 06:35 PM
Yes, that's why I try to note starting saved game build / current build.

e.g. I have beaten the game with (6245/6246) before (means I started with 6245 saved game, but ran it with 6246.

That said, the patch will not fix the Ay Vaz masterpiece quest for you IF it is broken right now.

Nothing than, i'll finish the game this way and play it again when they release final patch

dainbramage
12-06-2012, 02:41 AM
So, 6246 start, 6249 current.

Up to eric + guilford, done all quests (AFAIK, though there's still a guy on grotland with a quest icon who won't speak to me) except for the bugged ones (heir to the throne, fly the banner and a star is born). Only found 37 viking stacks to kill, so that the Valhalla's Messenger 3 medal is unobtainable. Not that it really matters since it itself is bugged, but hey. While they're fixing valhalla's messenger, could they please add some more viking stacks so that the medal is actually possible to get, please.

harkuf
12-06-2012, 08:30 AM
If the enemy casts thread of life on you, you can then cast dispel on your affected unit. But the unit continues to take damage until thread of life wears off on their units.

popadinec
12-06-2012, 09:00 AM
sorry for spamming and long contribution but some counting is neccessary :)

gold and exp from battles are not counted correctly? or I dont know how are they counted, amybe some items/abilities are not working or are working in a different way or maybe I am just doing a mistake :)
According to exp reward:
I have these bonuses:
belt of the ice dragon +10% exp
sharks tooth +5% exp
treasure hunter levl 3 medal +7% exp
gifted warrior +15% exp

after battle, I receive 1952 exp. Total bonus is 1,1*1,5*1,07*1,15*100123 = 142,12275% to exp, 1952/142,12275=13,7146exp per 1%

then I remove belt and tooth,from same battle i gain 1746 exp, my total bonus is 1.07*1,15*100=123,05% to exp, 1746/123,05 is 14,189 exp per 1%

Accroding to gold reward:

I have these bonuses:
sharks tooth +5%
Fat cat lvl3 +10%
hiking bag +10%
magnyfying glas +20%
warm boots +20%

aftera battle, i receive 9400 Gold. My total bonus i 1,05*1,1*1,1*1,2*1,2*100=182,952% to gold, 9400/182,952 is 51,37959683 gold per 1%

then I remove tooth, bag, glass and boots, load a game and fight the same battle and receive 6300 gold. My total bonus is just fat cat 110%, this means 6300/110=57,27 gold per 1%

In both cases, the differenc in gain is circa 10%

Fatt_Shade
12-06-2012, 10:04 AM
@popadinec
Wrong math my friend. You dont calculate bonus on bonus , but add all bonuses and then multiply with basic exp gain/battle. So in your case you have total 10% + 5% + 7% + 15% = 37% , then total exp gain is 137% = 1952 exp points. Means basic exp for that battle is 1952/137% =X/100% , X=1424 points.
Now remove belt and tooth, so your bonus is 7% + 15% = 22% , and you gain 1746 , again 1746/122%=Y/100% , Y=1450. A bit of error but 2% difference in calculating is less then you got between 13,715 and 14,189 ( 7% error).

EDIT : What about Learning skill in mind tree ? Consider that bonus also.

Tarnim
12-06-2012, 10:52 AM
Hi,

my guess is, that 5% learning bonus are missing.
So completely equipped, you have 142% xp (the 137% from above, see Fatt_Shade, plus 5%), which leads to a base xp of 1375
Without belt and tooth you have 127%, which leads to 1375 :)
That looks quite correct ...

Tarnim

ckdamascus
12-06-2012, 12:27 PM
Build 6246/6250

Any old saved games in Demonis from build 6246 will result in the camera NOT moving at all. Your guy maybe able to move (when I went to Hades, I was merely paralyzed) but the screen doesn't track you so the game ends for you there. GAME OVER.

However, if you have a previous saved game not in Demonis and walk back into Demonis, it appears to work.

a) This will probably NOT be fixed so I hope you have multiple saved games before demonis and/or before you patch, go outside, save, then patch.

b) I think this is an indirect fix to the crash to desktops in demonis. Not sure if you guys noticed, your odds of crashing while randomly walking in demonis are MUCH greater. I suspect they fixed some sort of camera tracking memory leak.

[edit]
thx. Solved the problem. As I played a lot in the demon-world and did not have older savegames (it's just too long ago that I played Gothic 3 :rolleyes:), I just walked to the border of the map, checked the automap and then continued moving blind with the arrow-keys to the teleporter. After switching there and back again, everything was fine again.
The reason why this happened, is also obvious: After the patch, the models were changed. You're on foot now.

Just for anyone having the same issue: Try to hit one of the teleporters and everything's fine again.

Ah thanks for the workaround! Even after hitting a teleporter, it got stuck, but going blind with the automap is a great idea (plus using the arrow keys). Good find!

ivra
12-06-2012, 12:40 PM
I can confirm that Patch 4 (Build 6250) has fixed the following (as announced):
- Inventory scrolling outside castles works fine now
- Battle obstacles have HP again
- Battle obstacles can be affected by rage abilities. At least my Viking Vortex was able to destroy a Cursed Cross and an Altar of Lightning.
- Blizzard is fixed. Every affected unit can now be frozen, and the duration I experienced was 3 turns for every troop.

ckdamascus
12-06-2012, 12:45 PM
"Help the Vikings of Vestlig: The last turn in with Taor has dialog where you can accept an amulet or not. If you don't accept it, apparently you get runes and gold (and no amulet) but the text suggest you should also get the amulet (and says nothing about the runes). Recommended to review this dialog and outcomes. "

As a side note, if you don't accept it, you also get a LOT of experience points (relatively)

My suggestion is not to accept it, as the amulet stats are lack luster.

Nirual
12-06-2012, 01:35 PM
"Help the Vikings of Vestlig: The last turn in with Taor has dialog where you can accept an amulet or not. If you don't accept it, apparently you get runes and gold (and no amulet) but the text suggest you should also get the amulet (and says nothing about the runes). Recommended to review this dialog and outcomes. "

As a side note, if you don't accept it, you also get a LOT of experience points (relatively)

My suggestion is not to accept it, as the amulet stats are lack luster.

And he usually sells another amulet back in the village anyway.

camelotcrusade
12-06-2012, 04:28 PM
I've made an update for fixed bugs. Appreciate posts like yours Ivra, where you confirm bugs that are definitely fixed. They usually include some fixes and tweaks that aren't reported, so keep an eye out.

Things I am wondering if testers have time:

Did the book of evil fix correct everything? It had problems with super stats, no charges on drain ability, and drain itself was typically too weak to use. Wondering if I can mark the whole thing as fixed.
Does timeless actually work yet? Used to extend duration and show the icon, but not actually apply the spell. This has been on the list forever.
All sorts of fixes to rune chain. does it show the correct damage now and inflict it, too, without a crash
Are all the bugs with avenging angel fixed? Including the rare one where if an enemy has it on him and you hit him with spell, the counter doesn't reduce?
Do enemies still try to kill powder kegs and blow themselves up?
Does the fix to the Black Spot quest by chance refer to the quest Black Label?
Does greasy mist still stack with multiple castings? I couldn't tell if the update about spells modifying damage applied to this or not.

ckdamascus
12-06-2012, 04:32 PM
I've made an update for fixed bugs. Appreciate posts like yours Ivra, where you confirm bugs that are definitely fixed. They usually include some fixes and tweaks that aren't reported, so keep an eye out.

Things I am wondering if testers have time:

Did the book of evil fix correct everything? It had problems with super stats, no charges on drain ability, and drain itself was typically too weak to use. Wondering if I can mark the whole thing as fixed.
Does timeless actually work yet? Used to extend duration and show the icon, but not actually apply the spell. This has been on the list forever.
All sorts of fixes to rune chain. does it show the correct damage now and inflict it, too, without a crash
Are all the bugs with avenging angel fixed? Including the rare one where if an enemy has it on him and you hit him with spell, the counter doesn't reduce?
Do enemies still try to kill powder kegs and blow themselves up?
Does the fix to the Black Spot quest by chance refer to the quest Black Label?
Does greasy mist still stack with multiple castings? I couldn't tell if the update about spells modifying damage applied to this or not.

Book of Evil still shows Book Strength of 0% (despite description saying otherwise) with creation level 3, int of 22, etc that is when you mouse over it in the spellbook.

I did not test it in combat yet though.

Actually, if you do hit an enemy with a spell, is avenging angel's counter supposed to decrease? I only mentioned that earlier because I got sick of seeing a guy resist all my fiery rage attacks, spell attacks, only to take 1 point of damage. :)

Well, I'm confused on the Black Spot / Black Label thing because the actual item is a black spot for the quest where you can throw Gorefiend under the bus or not. In any event, there is one last option for it (I think you can choose to let him go) and then it 'dead ends' there. That's the one they are talking about.

sethmage
12-06-2012, 05:18 PM
@ work right now so I can’t be to specific, but I remember there were more title achievements problems than there’re on the list. Basically you don’t get credit for accomplishing them; although the game itself recognized these titles.

Well it seems that most quests are fixed time to give another go.

Totoro
12-06-2012, 05:34 PM
Awesome work with this thread.

camelotcrusade
12-06-2012, 05:54 PM
After some quick testing, book of evil's drain ability is back to having charges but it's still too weak to use. Mine had 430 hp with 20-something intellect and rank in creator... what am I gonna eat that has 430 hp for the whole stack? Also, I don't see any boost from creator skill either, adding it to the entry.

The resurrection tooltips are fixed for me (and I know some players never had this issue) so I'm happy about that.

A general call to everyone reading this thread: if you start over, let me know if any of the quests still marked as bugged are in fact functioning. Some of them have been on the list for a loooong time so it's possible they were fixed earlier and never officially communicated.

ckdamascus
12-06-2012, 05:57 PM
After some quick testing, book of evil's drain ability is back to having charges but it's still too weak to use. Mine had 430 hp with 20-something intellect and rank in creator... what am I gonna eat that has 430 hp for the whole stack? Also, I don't see any boost from creator skill either, adding it to the entry.

The resurrection tooltips are fixed for me (and I know some players never had this issue) so I'm happy about that.

A general call to everyone reading this thread: if you start over, let me know if any of the quests still marked as bugged are in fact functioning. Some of them have been on the list for a loooong time so it's possible they were fixed earlier and never officially communicated.

I saw a good candidate to eat. Another book of evil. :) Yeah, your findings match what I expected (since it says book strength is 0%). So no bonus beyond default base values.

camelotcrusade
12-06-2012, 08:02 PM
More tidbits. Kamikaze bug fixed for me (no more hangups). And Patch 4 reinstated the ranged penalty for Rune Mages and modified the description on Runic Staff to specify it has a penalty for "far targets." Meh.

Does anybody know what file controls ranged penalties? Curious if it's tied to the ability "runic staff" or if there is a master list of which units get ranged penalties and which ones don't.

Fatt_Shade
12-06-2012, 09:17 PM
@camelotcrusade
Distance penalty for range attack units is in unit.atom file. Expl : archmage in game folder/sessions/addon/data.kfs archmage.atom look for his lightning attack
lightning {
group=1,2
class=scripted
ad_factor=1
showdmg=1
penalty=1
distance=60
base_attack=1
script_attack=special_archmage_lightning_attack
script_calccells=calccells_all_enemy_actors_takes_ damage
attack_cursor=archer_arrow
damage {
magic=5,8
}
custom_params {
shock=25
}
See that distance have value 60, so he have penalty on 60 hex, and longest arena is around 9 hex. Meaning archmage have no penalty for basic attack. On other hand runemage.atom you asked about in same data.kfs have this value
throw1 {
group=1,2
class=throw
base_attack=1
ad_factor=1
distance=7
mindist=2
showdmg=1
penalty=0.5
animation=attack/throw/thtarget
throw=priest3_ball
framekey=x
damage {
magic=10,12
}
custom_params {
rune_num=0
}
Meaning he have penalty 50% on distance 7 hex.
To change this just change value on distance=... to what you want, and in penalty from 0.01 to 0.99 (go nuts).

You can also check druid.atom in same .kfs archive or necromant.atom , if you want to give some aoe bonus to attack, and aoe penalty. Druid.atom :
throw1 {
group=1,2
showdmg=1
device=natureforce
class=throw
distance=6
mindist=1
base_attack=1
penalty=0.5
animation=attack/throw/thtarget
throw=druid_bullet
framekey=x
7in1=0.5
hint_gen_script=hint_mass_attack_throw_7in1
damage {
magic=4,8
}
Here you see that druid have 50% penalty on 6 hex distance, and his attack hit 7 hex radius (7in1=) with 50% dmg on surrounding hex.
Play with it (i added aoe dmg to cannoner unit special salve attack, and it works great), and have fun.

ckdamascus
12-06-2012, 11:49 PM
Oily / Greasy Mist animation time is fixed!

ChessDragon
12-07-2012, 01:19 AM
My saved game in Hades loads my hero with no horse, and the camera no longer follows him rendering the game unplayable:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/760507/camera.jpg

ckdamascus
12-07-2012, 01:47 AM
My saved game in Hades loads my hero with no horse, and the camera no longer follows him rendering the game unplayable:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/760507/camera.jpg

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpost.php?p=485750&postcount=861

ivra
12-07-2012, 10:35 AM
Regarding:
Fear doesn't always work: We've seen two cases so far where ranged units have attacked units higher level than they are. In both cases there were no equal or lower level units for the feared unit to attack. Slinger shot a dragon and orc catapults shot a soothsayer, both when feared.

Fear generally works, but I just encounter a situation where it did not work, so it is not fixed in Patch 4. A Slinger was able to attack my Emerald Green Dragon. Not sure if it was because it used an Attack Rune, because it used its talent Hail of Stones, because it was under the influence of Freeze, or something else.

It happened again, a Slinger attacked my Emerald Green Dragon while Feared. This time the Slinger used a Luck Rune and its Hail of Stones talent. The Slinger had no extra effects affecting it. It got a new turn that round but did not use that because of Fear. Maybe Fear does not prevent units from using their talents?

ckdamascus
12-07-2012, 11:13 AM
Regarding:
Fear doesn't always work: We've seen two cases so far where ranged units have attacked units higher level than they are. In both cases there were no equal or lower level units for the feared unit to attack. Slinger shot a dragon and orc catapults shot a soothsayer, both when feared.

Fear generally works, but I just encounter a situation where it did not work, so it is not fixed in Patch 4. A Slinger was able to attack my Emerald Green Dragon. Not sure if it was because it used an Attack Rune, because it used its talent Hail of Stones, because it was under the influence of Freeze, or something else.

It happened again, a Slinger attacked my Emerald Green Dragon while Feared. This time the Slinger used a Luck Rune and its Hail of Stones talent. The Slinger had no extra effects affecting it. It got a new turn that round but did not use that because of Fear. Maybe Fear does not prevent units from using their talents?

Yup, I ran into the same situation. I noticed it is able to use talents.

edit: also, I noticed a bug in 6249 and still in 6250. Whenever I use Runic Word / Chargers (yeah, this is so slow compared to rune mages, but hey, I wanted to play it without rune mages), after like the 3rd round of me doing this, the balls of rage / mana become much harder to see. In fact, they start to turn invisible and I have to play a game of "which magic hex has the goodies" without even knowing if it is mana or rage.

Life would be much easier if they removed Geyser from the enemy spell casting list. :)

Youpiya
12-07-2012, 01:44 PM

edit: also, I noticed a bug in 6249 and still in 6250. Whenever I use Runic Word / Chargers (yeah, this is so slow compared to rune mages, but hey, I wanted to play it without rune mages), after like the 3rd round of me doing this, the balls of rage / mana become much harder to see. In fact, they start to turn invisible and I have to play a game of "which magic hex has the goodies" without even knowing if it is mana or rage.

Life would be much easier if they removed Geyser from the enemy spell casting list. :)

This was already a bug in AP and CW...

Youpiya
12-07-2012, 01:45 PM

Horrible. I'm stuck with my 3 quick saves in Hades, far from teleporters. WTF did they think when correcting the bug ??? I'm totally disappointed.

Youpiya
12-07-2012, 02:07 PM

Sorry for multiple posting but I have found another solution, even if you are far from a teleporter.
Go into the direction of a teleporter and then upgrade an item by fighting its guardian keepers. When the combat is finished, the camera in centered on where you were before the fight ! I made 3 fights and succeed in going into a teleporter and the problem has been solved for me !!!

ckdamascus
12-07-2012, 03:04 PM
Sorry for multiple posting but I have found another solution, even if you are far from a teleporter.
Go into the direction of a teleporter and then upgrade an item by fighting its guardian keepers. When the combat is finished, the camera in centered on where you were before the fight ! I made 3 fights and succeed in going into a teleporter and the problem has been solved for me !!!

Great job! Although according to that other guy, he said you can still "walk" blindly using the mini-map.

So even though the camera does not scroll, you can still "walk" by using keyboard arrow keys.

You can 'see' where you are by pressing 'm' for mini-map.

Or at least that's what he says.

camelotcrusade
12-07-2012, 05:43 PM
Added the fading chargers bugs and flagged greasy mist as fixed in Patch 4. I'm not sure whether to mention the demonis save game bug since it only affects save games... I'm going to hold off for now to see if new players encounter it. At least we have a record of a workaround in this thread, though.

@Fatt Shade thank you very much, I might change it back to Patch 3 as I think "can strike from any distance" should do what it says on the label.

@people who say the yellow placeholder ball... is it still there?

Fun fact: I've hit the character limit on the original post. So I can only add new bugs by shortening the descriptions of exsiting ones. ;)

ivra
12-07-2012, 07:03 PM
@people who say the yellow placeholder ball... is it still there?
Yes

Fun fact: I've hit the character limit on the original post. So I can only add new bugs by shortening the descriptions of exsiting ones. ;)
What about using your post #3 and move all fixed issues there. Then post #1 can contain only the current bugs.

Totoro
12-07-2012, 07:08 PM
What about using your post #3 and move all fixed issues there. Then post #1 can contain only the current bugs.I believe that's an excellent idea.

ckdamascus
12-07-2012, 08:30 PM
Confirmed, Avenging Angel works fine now. Enemy had 4 avenging angels cast on it (freakin skalds), I did one earthquake. Nearly killed my giant.

Also, I can nuke them with rage skills with no fear of retaliation (but it doesn't tick off an avenging angel, nor should it) and they actually take REAL damage now (vs only taking 1 dmg).

dainbramage
12-07-2012, 10:27 PM

That seems like a carryover from TL, where Lina's chargers had the same issue.

ckdamascus
12-08-2012, 05:29 AM
When a bone dragon eats a corpse, it makes EVERY unit on the field "timid" (lowers initiative by 1). The description says it makes any monster < level 4 go into "fear" for 2 rounds.

Inquisitors still do more damage then 'stated' (seems like undocumented 30% bonus vs undead).

Sirron
12-08-2012, 10:03 AM
Quest : Paper for the professor

Bought the paper from Rezo but the quest log wasn't updated. So now the paper sits in my inventory and I can't turn in the quest or try to buy some more from Rezo.

If it helps I accepted the quest with 2 ink bottles in my inventory but "get some ink" was properly greyed out in the quest log. I also may have initially refused the paper item from Rezo and/or did another quest first in the same conversation.

Crafting items

Every time I craft an item it costs several millions instead of the listed price of 60,000 or whatever.

ivra
12-08-2012, 10:42 AM
The cost of recipes is still wrong. I had 6 998 715 gold and created a Scale Shield using a recipe. It costs 8 000 gold, but afterwards my gold had dropped to 4 893 407. That is no less than 2 105 308 gold for a Scale Shield. Rather expensive, wouldn't you say?

I suspect that recipes subtract a percentage of your gold instead of the actual cost. I tried it again. This time my gold dropped to 4 367 080, which is quite a bit less. The cost was now 526 327, still a bit expensive.

The third time my gold dropped from 4 367 080 to 4 235 498 which is 131 582.

The price does not seem to be a percentage of the amount of gold I have, but there is some kind of relationship with the amount of gold you have.

With 3 927 748 gold my gold dropped to 3 919 748, which is 8 000. This is the correct cost.

I will stop here and conclude with the following conclusion:
The prices for recipes will be bugged if you have more than 4 million gold.

BenSt88
12-08-2012, 06:18 PM
I'm back. Started a new game (Soothsayer) in 6249, recently converted over to 6250. I also have a much better video card: Apple version of Radeon HD 5770.

I still have units blacked out (both world map and battle map): mainly Orc Hunters. Screen shots below.

Another quest "Museum Attendant" shows no reward--until you actually complete it. They never fixed the same issue w/ "Dragon Tear" (though I haven't completed it yet), reported weeks ago. Screen shot below.

I can't believe on the 4th patch the Valkyries still don't take over management of your runes if you ask them to! And now it seems there's a problem w/ item recipes if your gold is too high, as reported in another of the sticky threads here.

ckdamascus
12-08-2012, 06:29 PM
Yes

What about using your post #3 and move all fixed issues there. Then post #1 can contain only the current bugs.

Regarding the yellow ball, if it is fixed, it would only be fixed in a 6250/6250 build, not a 6249/6250 since the ball was probably generated during the initial saved game.

So, is it still there with a fresh 6250 build?

Also, another new bug (but it helps me)

Paladin + Bone Dragon neutralized the morale loss from Demons.

e.g. because paladins are OK with undead, it overrides the morale penalty demons are supposed to give my paladin.

So, Paladin + Bone Dragon + Arch Demon == neutral morale.

I remove Bone Dragon, and morales goes to "bad" or -1. (I don't have a high enough persausion yet)

Adjutant
12-08-2012, 06:38 PM
Hi there,

Would like to report 2 bugs.
1) Plundered Stylist quest : I have collected all the items, but the quest engine is stuck at 4/5 items. I tried the console fix 'item cloth_pack', adding up to 10 items, but the quest still does not advance an Ratmir does not provide a conversation option.

2) Heir to the throne quest : After finding Odin's flag in fastland, and then returning to King Asvald there is no conversation option to advance the quest. The castle shows a 'ready-to-advance' quest indicator, yet there are no conversation options.

Are there any other commands on the console that I can enter to force these two quests to advance?

Thanks

ivra
12-08-2012, 07:00 PM
Regarding the yellow ball, if it is fixed, it would only be fixed in a 6250/6250 build, not a 6249/6250 since the ball was probably generated during the initial saved game.
Very true. I checked in my current 6249/6250 game.

So, is it still there with a fresh 6250 build?
I don't know. I will eventually find out since I plan to play another game after this one, but it will take some time before I am there...

Nirual
12-08-2012, 10:12 PM
Hi there,

Would like to report 2 bugs.
1) Plundered Stylist quest : I have collected all the items, but the quest engine is stuck at 4/5 items. I tried the console fix 'item cloth_pack', adding up to 10 items, but the quest still does not advance an Ratmir does not provide a conversation option.

2) Heir to the throne quest : After finding Odin's flag in fastland, and then returning to King Asvald there is no conversation option to advance the quest. The castle shows a 'ready-to-advance' quest indicator, yet there are no conversation options.

Are there any other commands on the console that I can enter to force these two quests to advance?

Thanks

You might need to delete the items and get new ones from the console. At least thats known to be the issue with the flag in some cases.

camelotcrusade
12-09-2012, 01:40 AM
Separated the fixes from the bugs and made lots of updates. Got most of them in... had a few questions.

@ckdamascus can you help me turn that morale bug into an entry? I think you are saying that abilities/skills X, Y, and Z should add up to -1 morale but instead they add up to 0. Can you clarify the names of those skills and abilities for me?

@Adjutant can you tell me what build you are using or if you're using an original savegame? Heir to the throne was supposed to be tweaked in Patch 2 and Patch 3. I also remember that stylist bug but can't find it on my list anywhere... I will add it.

BenSt88
12-09-2012, 03:56 AM
I think we can remove the "King's Tear" w/ no reward "bug". No spoilers, but they should simply remove the word "Reward" from the text screen.

I'm afraid Kamikaze is not fixed in 6250; I had the exact problem as described in 6249. Bomb didn't drop & explode; screen froze up shortly thereafter; had to force quit my way out.

Maybe this is a plot device, but I can't destroy the 5th level artifact "Necklace of Yodur"--even when I have a 2nd one. I have the 3rd tier of Artifactor.

In Hades, there are 2 building-type (i.e., you can buy troops) "Blood Pentagrams". But they don't get a building icon on the map. They should.

When using the belt "Chain of Chance" lately (awesome item!), even though the enemy is affected by X, the text says: "Fatal Luck! A chain of accidents cursed the enemy force: [cpsn_] NF." Everything after the colon is in red text. EDIT: this is not that common, but happens from time to time.

Adjutant
12-09-2012, 05:05 AM
@Nirual : Thanks - Do you know of a link or source where I can find these King's Bounty console commands (i.e. delete command), at the moment I only know of only one command : 'item cloth_pack'. I see CamelotCrusade also mentions the delete command at the beginning of this thread, and I've tried 'delete cloth_pack' and 'delete item cloth_pack' but neither work.

@CamelotCrusade : I started playing the moment it was released on steam, not sure which version that was. Currently I am playing v1.3.1 (6250), and I only ran into the two problems 9 hours ago, therefore 6250 is still bugged for these two quests. I worry that I've accidentally fought some invincible battle before I shouldn't have, or perhaps the plundered stylist bug is causing the engine to get stuck for 'heir to the throne' as well?

ckdamascus
12-09-2012, 05:17 AM
Separated the fixes from the bugs and made lots of updates. Got most of them in... had a few questions.

@ckdamascus can you help me turn that morale bug into an entry? I think you are saying that abilities/skills X, Y, and Z should add up to -1 morale but instead they add up to 0. Can you clarify the names of those skills and abilities for me?

@Adjutant can you tell me what build you are using or if you're using an original savegame? Heir to the throne was supposed to be tweaked in Patch 2 and Patch 3. I also remember that stylist bug but can't find it on my list anywhere... I will add it.

Paladin's (the unit) "True Believer" skill gives +3 to morale when there is undead (to counter the -3 morale due to undead).

However, Persuasion level 2 reduces this penalty and the game forgets to lower the +3 morale counter bonus to +2 morale.

This only occurs with Persuasion level 2 skill. When I use Persuasion level 3, the paladin only shows "neutral, no morale bonuses" when I mouse over him.

So, of note, if I dropped my demons, I end up with +1 morale bonus on my paladin unit with undead. I had no idea they were as happy as me to see a Bone Dragon stack. :)

Screen shot attached.

ckdamascus
12-09-2012, 05:26 AM
New bug.

I have a pandemonic mask (+10 rage), and if I fight the keepers it turns into a (+15 rage / -1 initiative) enemy mask.

OR, I can pay 10K and get the upgrade for free.

Turns out, if you fight with the mask on enough times, it automatically "upgrades", except in my case it downgraded it back to the +10 rage item. :(

Nirual
12-09-2012, 06:58 AM
@Nirual : Thanks - Do you know of a link or source where I can find these King's Bounty console commands (i.e. delete command), at the moment I only know of only one command : 'item cloth_pack'. I see CamelotCrusade also mentions the delete command at the beginning of this thread, and I've tried 'delete cloth_pack' and 'delete item cloth_pack' but neither work.

I honestly don't know much about these commands, I based my post on what I recall from threads discussing these issues, which, fortunately for me, I never ran into (though I did encounter other quest bugs which cannot be circumvented so easily).

Nirual
12-09-2012, 07:02 AM
Maybe this is a plot device, but I can't destroy the 5th level artifact "Necklace of Yodur"--even when I have a 2nd one. I have the 3rd tier of Artifactor.

You needed the necklace on the first island, so its a quest item. Not really a bug in and of itself, but its kinda silly that you can get more than one. I've also had dragon teeth being sold here and there (if you get 5 of those, you get the Necklace) which also makes little sense.

Fatt_Shade
12-09-2012, 10:09 AM
@ckdamascus
New bug.

I have a pandemonic mask (+10 rage), and if I fight the keepers it turns into a (+15 rage / -1 initiative) enemy mask.
Turns out, if you fight with the mask on enough times, it automatically "upgrades", except in my case it downgraded it back to the +10 rage item.
I dont think this is bug. Pandemonic mask have moral, and lose it over time like any other moral item. After enough fights it drop to 0 and you have to suppress to gain control over it again.
pandemonik_face {
category=o
image=heroitem_artefact_pandemonikface.png
hint_config=object_item
label=itm_pandemonik_face_name
hint=itm_pandemonik_face_hint
information_label=itm_pandemonik_face_info
maphint=
mapinfo=
atoms {
1 {
atom=
lu=template_item_mb
label=
}
}
price=60000
maxcount=0
level=5
race=demon
use {
moral=90
}
Now what exactly cause it to lose moral, i have no idea but fact is it loses moral over time.

dainbramage
12-09-2012, 11:16 AM
New bug.

Turns out, if you fight with the mask on enough times, it automatically "upgrades", except in my case it downgraded it back to the +10 rage item. :(

That's working as intended, and has worked the same way since it was introduced in TL. Read the item description.

Paladin's (the unit) "True Believer" skill gives +3 to morale when there is undead (to counter the -3 morale due to undead).

However, Persuasion level 2 reduces this penalty and the game forgets to lower the +3 morale counter bonus to +2 morale.

This only occurs with Persuasion level 2 skill. When I use Persuasion level 3, the paladin only shows "neutral, no morale bonuses" when I mouse over him.

So, of note, if I dropped my demons, I end up with +1 morale bonus on my paladin unit with undead. I had no idea they were as happy as me to see a Bone Dragon stack. :)

Screen shot attached.
So it looks like the demons are irrelevant to this, it's just an issue with true believer not checking if persuasion reduces (but not nullifies) the morale penalty. Does it work similarly with inquisitors, priests, werewolves etc?

ckdamascus
12-09-2012, 11:52 AM
Huh? Pandemonic mask isn't working the way it did in Armored Princess. If you run out of morale, it goes "out of control" and you have to supress it. You get ZERO bonuses.

That isn't what is happening here.

By the way, my morale was at 98, almost 100. It 'upgraded' itself at 100 by DOWNGRADING itself.

In my case, it REVERTED BACK to the original item, after a dialogue box opened up and said "HEY GUYS, YOU GOT A FREE UPGRADE" (but I already UPGRADED IT by paying money for it).

After the "HEY GUYS, YOU GOT A FREE UPGRADE" dialogue, my former upgraded item REVERTED back to the original item. It DOWNGRADED. The description sure sounded like the opposite to me since it was ALREADY UPGRADED.

I've supressed many items in Armored Princess / Crossworlds (Never played the Legend). No item has ever REVERTED back to the original item. Out of control is NOT the same as reverting/retro reverting back. It was NOT out of control.

I've been reading the description, nothing says it will go BACKWARDS. If anything, when you talk to the mask, you can upgrade it via "blood" or "money". I opted for money... but then it magically "DOWNGRADED" itself after I killed enough humans.

I already "fought" the keeper battle this time and won. Hopefully it will stay that way.

Anyways, I never played the Legend before. So, I better not make sure the mask has 100 morale or else it will DOWNGRADE itself?

Regarding morale, yes, inquisitors are affected as well. It isn't really a demon thing. Just a Persuasion level 2 + True Believer skill thing.

Nirual
12-09-2012, 02:30 PM
I've supressed many items in Armored Princess / Crossworlds (Never played the Legend). No item has ever REVERTED back to the original item. Out of control is NOT the same as reverting/retro reverting back. It was NOT out of control.

Well, there are a couple of items that do that actually. Sword of Equilibrium and Silver Rapier come to mind. But the functionality of that mask seems odd to say the least. 3 different ways to upgrade it? And if its supposed to revert, it should do so when the morale reaches 0, not 100.

ckdamascus
12-09-2012, 02:35 PM
Well, there are a couple of items that do that actually. Sword of Equilibrium and Silver Rapier come to mind. But the functionality of that mask seems odd to say the least. 3 different ways to upgrade it? And if its supposed to revert, it should do so when the morale reaches 0, not 100.

Ah right, I never used those swords but I have read about them.

Yes, three ways to upgrade.

a) pay 10K via talking to item dialogue.
b) fight keepers item context menu.
c) equip it and use it long enough (ideally I think raise morale to 100 as it loves it when you win battles against eating elves/humans etc).

I never played the Legend though, so I'm not sure if that is how it worked back then.

Personally, I think it is a bug but asking for clarification here. And again, this is NOT an out of control item. NOT.

Nirual
12-09-2012, 03:04 PM
I never played the Legend though, so I'm not sure if that is how it worked back then.

Personally, I think it is a bug but asking for clarification here. And again, this is NOT an out of control item. NOT.

I did a search and it looks like the basic features of the mask were the same in the Legend. Dont think it actually matters which way the morale goes since it starts at 50. But it is confusing that it would go up as an indicator of using up the items power.

ckdamascus
12-09-2012, 03:07 PM
Fought my first double fight since 6246 patch. :(

Should I bother attaching the saved game before it? Occured in Arlania (after guilford).

ckdamascus
12-09-2012, 03:09 PM
I did a search and it looks like the basic features of the mask were the same in the Legend. Dont think it actually matters which way the morale goes since it starts at 50. But it is confusing that it would go up as an indicator of using up the items power.

Oh, then dainbamage was right. Sorry read the "info' description (not the mouse over) and it says he will sleep again once he has "sated" his hunger.

So, yeah, it seems like if anything I don't want it to hit morale 100. :)

Not sure why this never happened to me in Armored Princess. Maybe it did and I forgot? Maybe I could never get it up to morale 100? Maybe it acts differently?

camelotcrusade
12-10-2012, 04:05 PM
Added unlisted shops on Hades, Chain of Chance error text, True believer not accounting for persuasion, and reinstated kamikaze hangup bug (sigh... was hoping that was fixed). Also updated double fight bug to note it's still occurring in 6250.

@BenSt88 - I've never run into that King's Tear bug (or never noticed it). Are you saying the quest was never supposed to give a reward, so the "bug" is text on the quest saying "Reward:" with nothing listed by it? Just trying to make sure I understand it before I nix it.

@Adjutant heir to the throne was one of those savegame only fixes. Have you been running with the same savegame since the beginning, or did you start a new game for example after Patch 3? If you didn't, we don't know for sure whether that quest is fixed in 6250.

Adjutant
12-10-2012, 05:13 PM
Thanks for the info.

I started a new game when the moment it was released on Steam (26 Oct 2012) and have been playing steadily since then. The game was patched at some stage, but I never started a new game since I was already half way in.

Does this mean I should uninstall, and throw it away? (and never buy another King's bounty game again, to be sure)
I'm certainly not going to replay 93 hours of gameplay just to get past this game halting bug. I am very disappointed that a workaround (or save game editor) is not available to get past this monumental blunder.

Does anyone know of the console commands to delete items or not?
I'm hoping that advancing Plundered Stylist quest, will trigger the quest engine allowing me to continue with the main quest 'heir to the throne' as well.

ckdamascus
12-10-2012, 06:46 PM
Thanks for the info.

I started a new game when the moment it was released on Steam (26 Oct 2012) and have been playing steadily since then. The game was patched at some stage, but I never started a new game since I was already half way in.

Does this mean I should uninstall, and throw it away? (and never buy another King's bounty game again, to be sure)
I'm certainly not going to replay 93 hours of gameplay just to get past this game halting bug. I am very disappointed that a workaround (or save game editor) is not available to get past this monumental blunder.

Does anyone know of the console commands to delete items or not?
I'm hoping that advancing Plundered Stylist quest, will trigger the quest engine allowing me to continue with the main quest 'heir to the throne' as well.

Armored Princess / Crossworlds was a much better release for sure.

Game halting bug? There weren't that many game halting bugs in Warriors of the North. Mostly optional quests. Plundered Stylist is not one of the primary quests.

Although I'll admit, they really should have quality controlled the quest bugs far more carefully before release.

You don't need to do every quest to win the game. I've already beaten the game 2 times... on my 3rd time now.

That said, there are work arounds for both bugged quests you listed. I don't remember them right now but the stylist fails due to not having enough of the missing loot items. Strange, since most people bug out at 2/5, not 4/5. 4/5 would imply you forgot to find the last one in the cache in the tree.

I'm pretty sure the item is not a cloth pack.

The heir to the throne one, someone found the odin banner item name and you can just add that in there.

And finally, both of those quests are optional and not necessary to continue the game.

Adjutant
12-10-2012, 08:27 PM
ah, Fantastic!
Thanks ckdamascus - you're right, the main quest line is advanced elsewhere.

In the mean time I searched for the console command to add odin's flag 'item addon2_quest_odin_banner' - which immediately triggers the quest and allows completion.

You could be right about the final piece 4/5 not being discovered, I'll head back there are scour every blade of grass on the island to make sure...

wow, you have a titan's patience. The last time I replayed any game more than 3 times was with Heroes of Might and Magic 2! :j

ckdamascus
12-10-2012, 09:39 PM
ah, Fantastic!
Thanks ckdamascus - you're right, the main quest line is advanced elsewhere.

In the mean time I searched for the console command to add odin's flag 'item addon2_quest_odin_banner' - which immediately triggers the quest and allows completion.

You could be right about the final piece 4/5 not being discovered, I'll head back there are scour every blade of grass on the island to make sure...

wow, you have a titan's patience. The last time I replayed any game more than 3 times was with Heroes of Might and Magic 2! :j

Yeah but the bug with 4/5 is that while the quest says you found 4/5, you only got "2" of the stupid ornaments since when you killed the robbers and it "said" you found items, you didn't actually get the item. Check your inventory for what looks like a little treasure chest. If you have the bug, you will only have 2 of them. The fix is to use the console to get the other 3 (when you do find them).

The last chest is usually in "a cache in the tree" somewhat nearby where you fought Loki.

So it would update the quest log, but not update your inventory.

The way the game works, all the items are predetermined (except for battle treasure chests) at the start of a new game. So the "fix" was to make it so the robbers would 'drop' the items as loot.

Sadly, this meant you had to restart if you wanted it to drop. :( However, I'm SURE there is an item code for it that people found in here. I'll try to find it for you as well.

[edit]
well looks like I'm a monkey's uncle. It is the "cloth_pack".

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=35807&highlight=plundered

It might be possible that you never found the 5th one so that is why it isn't triggering as complete? That shouldn't be the case though hmmmmm.... :(

[edit again]
They fixed an exploit with the Metamorphic Axel. :) With +1 Speed mode, it used to apply this bonus when a demon was hit and "counter reacted". Giving him QUITE an advantage. Normally he can only re-attack whoever is adjacent. It used to let me move +1 more. :)

[edit again2]
Is this a bug? When an Archdemon "halves" an enemy AND scores a berserker strike, I sort of wanted to see him INSTANTLY kill the stack (since 2 times 1/2 = 1 haha), but it just halves it. Shouldn't I do like at least kill 3/4 of the stack? :) Come on, throw me a bone here! :)

BenSt88
12-11-2012, 02:16 AM
@BenSt88 - I've never run into that King's Tear bug (or never noticed it). Are you saying the quest was never supposed to give a reward, so the "bug" is text on the quest saying "Reward:" with nothing listed by it? Just trying to make sure I understand it before I nix it.

I want to continue to dance around this w/out giving spoilers. When I was assigned the quest, the bottom section simply said "Reward:" and nothing further. I thought, that's odd, where's the missing Reward text. As that's a multi-part quest, w/ a twist, they'd be better off just removing the "Reward:" part completely.

Not exactly a bug per se, but I think my suggestion improves that screen.

Adjutant
12-11-2012, 06:46 AM
ckdamascus, you've guessed correctly again - After discovering the 'final' item in the closest tree cache, my quest log now shows 5/5, and the next step actually tells me to bring the goods to Ratmir, but, again, there is no conversation option to finish the quest. *Arrrrghh*! :confused:

Even trying the 'item cloth_pack' again, in hope of retriggering the quest has no effect. I guess the only other option now would be to delete and re-add the cloth packs, but no one seems to know the syntax of the required delete command.

ckdamascus
12-11-2012, 11:26 AM
ckdamascus, you've guessed correctly again - After discovering the 'final' item in the closest tree cache, my quest log now shows 5/5, and the next step actually tells me to bring the goods to Ratmir, but, again, there is no conversation option to finish the quest. *Arrrrghh*! :confused:

Even trying the 'item cloth_pack' again, in hope of retriggering the quest has no effect. I guess the only other option now would be to delete and re-add the cloth packs, but no one seems to know the syntax of the required delete command.

You shouldn't need to delete, unless you went overkill and made > 5 and it only checks for 5.

I hope you have an old saved game. :(

Adjutant
12-11-2012, 11:48 AM
Interesting that you mention it checks for 'cloth_pack == 5' and not 'cloth_pack >= 5'.
Does this appear anywhere in a script? - Is it possible to override this with a mod like some of the other mods (lua scripts)?

Looks like everyone is also running into the Black Unicorn bug. Any advice on this one? (The horn simply doesn't appear in your inventory)

ckdamascus
12-11-2012, 12:18 PM
Interesting that you mention it checks for 'cloth_pack == 5' and not 'cloth_pack >= 5'.
Does this appear anywhere in a script? - Is it possible to override this with a mod like some of the other mods (lua scripts)?

Looks like everyone is also running into the Black Unicorn bug. Any advice on this one? (The horn simply doesn't appear in your inventory)

Regarding that, it makes sense that is the case. Just thinking like a programmer. :) It checks for both inventory and quest flags before triggering completion and there is "no way" you could ever get > 5. (rolls eyes). I don't know enough about modding. If you are super unlucky, it is embedded in the .exe file so nothing we do can make it work.

Roll back to an older saved game before you used cheat codes (this is why I always save before I use cheat codes, level up, dialogue with any major event, use runes at all, buy items, buy units etc). :) I think you guys would be in horror to see how many saved games I have per "run". :)

Or, just live without it. I beat the game without it before. Isn't the end of the world. ;0

It is also a bug with the initial patch release. It works fine in build 6246/X (start game build / current build).

However, you are on initial release, so it is bugged. I dont' remember the code for the horn but it might be in the items.txt file if you decompress one of the files (I forgot which one).

fatt shade is really good at that, so maybe hunt for his posts.

[edit]
also there is a save game editor, but i never used it before, have no idea if it works (please make a backup before using it on your saved game files). that might be able to explicitly delete items

Adjutant
12-11-2012, 02:49 PM
Thanks again for the support and suggestions.

I've just skipped the rotten quests and went straight for end-game.
Unless they test properly next time I can't say that I'll be buying another sequel in this genre.
But, to be fair, they added a lot of content to this expansion - a long game, and definitely worth the price tag.

camelotcrusade
12-11-2012, 05:28 PM
I want to continue to dance around this w/out giving spoilers. When I was assigned the quest, the bottom section simply said "Reward:" and nothing further. I thought, that's odd, where's the missing Reward text. As that's a multi-part quest, w/ a twist, they'd be better off just removing the "Reward:" part completely.

Not exactly a bug per se, but I think my suggestion improves that screen.

Thanks, I've updated the entry make it clearer what's going on. I include dubious text messages under "bugs" because people like to report them that way.

ckdamascus
12-11-2012, 06:13 PM
Thanks, I've updated the entry make it clearer what's going on. I include dubious text messages under "bugs" because people like to report them that way.

Speaking of weird text, back to Demons

Ardent (the rage ball thing), does NOT drop rage balls from undead, plants, and mechnical devices.

That's fine, but it isn't communicated.

Also the text sounds like it would affect/heal ALL demon units on the field. It only affects the one demon unit that touches the rage ball.

[edit]
Oh no, build 6250 reverted Pygmy back to 20/30/40. :(

ivra
12-11-2012, 07:18 PM
Regarding this bug:

Paper for the Professor: Build 6250. Bought the paper from Rezo but the quest log wasn't updated and it can't be completed. Additional information: "I accepted the quest with 2 ink bottles in my inventory but "get some ink" was greyed out in the quest log. I may have initially refused the paper item from Rezo and/or did another quest first in the same conversation."

It was a bit different for me. I am running 6249/6250. What happened was the following:

When Rezo tell me that the paper costs 2000 gold I only get this alternative to choose from:
"By Odin's beard! That would buy a very fine axe! Enough, I think I will keep the money!"
I take this as a rejection to the purchase, but what happens is that I lose 2000 gold and get the item called "Sheaf of Paper".

The first bug here is that the option I can select does not match the action that happens. Either change the text or add a second option where one is to buy the paper and the other is to bail out.

The second bug at this stage is that the quest log does not update. The entry "Find some paper for Professor Drotar. Ask Archmage Rezo if he has any paper" should have been grayed out.

The third bug is that the house of Drotar the Scientist does not light up as is normal when you should visit a building to advance a quest.

When talking to Drotar I got an option to deliver the paper and finish the quest. So I was able to complete it, but it was confusing for a while.

testkraag
12-12-2012, 05:28 PM
When you fix bug with kraag on tungsin? I kill them, but can not up banner on the citadel luna by quest with dress from ragista. Sorry for english.

ckdamascus
12-12-2012, 05:58 PM
When you fix bug with kraag on tungsin? I kill them, but can not up banner on the citadel luna by quest with dress from ragista. Sorry for english.

Somewhat fixed in 6249. 6249/*. Need a fresh saved game at 6249+

dainbramage
12-12-2012, 08:37 PM

Is heir to the throne also fixed for a 6249 start?

ivra
12-12-2012, 09:26 PM
Is heir to the throne also fixed for a 6249 start?

Yes. I just did it. My game is 6249/6250 (Started/current version).

testkraag
12-12-2012, 11:21 PM

How fix this bug from console, I am at finish of game, play new game it is not realistic.
I am add
item princess_dress
but new stage of quest not start.

camelotcrusade
12-13-2012, 03:38 PM
Speaking of weird text, back to Demons

Ardent (the rage ball thing), does NOT drop rage balls from undead, plants, and mechnical devices.

That's fine, but it isn't communicated.

Also the text sounds like it would affect/heal ALL demon units on the field. It only affects the one demon unit that touches the rage ball.

[edit]
Oh no, build 6250 reverted Pygmy back to 20/30/40. :(

Not sure if he's still updating the language mod, but I'd post about the demon text over there. It's the kind of thing he would have updated. And I tweaked the pygmy entry in the fixed log. Bah. :)

camelotcrusade
12-13-2012, 09:35 PM
Whenever I use Poison Cloud, build 6250, the game hangs up when the cloud's poision would normally activate. I get stuck on the hourglass and have to load it. Happens on any save I load in this build.

Can anybody else confirm this? I wanted to double check before I report it. As it's one of my favorite spells, this is a big killjoy for me.

ckdamascus
12-14-2012, 12:09 AM
Whenever I use Poison Cloud, build 6250, the game hangs up when the cloud's poision would normally activate. I get stuck on the hourglass and have to load it. Happens on any save I load in this build.

Can anybody else confirm this? I wanted to double check before I report it. As it's one of my favorite spells, this is a big killjoy for me.

Build 6249/6250, used Cloud of Poison level 1 against some undead monsters. No problems. Animates (or rather, "pulsates" after every move). Went for about 3 rounds, no crashes.

Want to send me your save game to see if it is perhaps a corrupt install (mod or stray .lua patch file)?

camelotcrusade
12-14-2012, 12:45 AM
@ckdamascus I took out all my mods (and I only use a few) and it still happens. Used poison cloud level 1 and level 2, still happens. Varied the fights and whatever I do, still happens. Thing is, I'm not sure when it started happen except to say it was after the last patch. I hadn't been playing while I was waiting for it, and I finally started playing again (and that didn't last long with this issue).

Here's a quicksave, cast it on anything and wait for it to inflict poison. I hope I did that right, I haven't upoaded a savegame. I packaged the whole subfolder that appears to represent a save into a zip.

Thanks for testing it!

ckdamascus
12-14-2012, 01:20 AM
@ckdamascus I took out all my mods (and I only use a few) and it still happens. Used poison cloud level 1 and level 2, still happens. Varied the fights and whatever I do, still happens. Thing is, I'm not sure when it started happen except to say it was after the last patch. I hadn't been playing while I was waiting for it, and I finally started playing again (and that didn't last long with this issue).

Here's a quicksave, cast it on anything and wait for it to inflict poison. I hope I did that right, I haven't upoaded a savegame. I packaged the whole subfolder that appears to represent a save into a zip.

Thanks for testing it!

Works for me! No crash. Went to the nearest undead pack, dropped two poison clouds. I did use the 'first' asgard song. Let me know what song you used. Maybe it is related.

camelotcrusade
12-14-2012, 02:07 AM
Hmm. I tried it with song of alfheim and song of svartalheim. If you saved my game in the exact same spot and reuploaded it for me, do you think it would work?

I have no idea what is causing this for me, I haven't touched spells.lua. Appreciate you taking the time. Maybe I just need to start over. My game had already "jumped the shark" a while ago... with my current setup every fight was either too easy or too annoying(i.e., geyser-happy hero). I do like playing the game just to play it, though.

ckdamascus
12-14-2012, 06:31 AM
Hmm. I tried it with song of alfheim and song of svartalheim. If you saved my game in the exact same spot and reuploaded it for me, do you think it would work?

I have no idea what is causing this for me, I haven't touched spells.lua. Appreciate you taking the time. Maybe I just need to start over. My game had already "jumped the shark" a while ago... with my current setup every fight was either too easy or too annoying(i.e., geyser-happy hero). I do like playing the game just to play it, though.

I personally don't think it would since it sounds like a game engine / local issue.

I'll try it for you though! You just want me to re-save the game as is? <shrugs> Ok! Give me a few.

ivra
12-15-2012, 12:52 PM
Dragon Hunter's shield reducing most damage: Build 6249. The item 'Dragons Hunter's Shield' says '-20% damage from enemy dragons', but it reduces damage from all types of damage, except fire. More here.

Fixed in 6250

ivra
12-15-2012, 01:45 PM
While I was studying the item.txt file, I also checked up on the status of the bugs reported by Fatt_Shade:

- griffon_banner , griffon_feather , wing_wind , exorcist_necklace picture_griffin_king missing griffin spirit unit for bonus.
Not fixed. The names used in item.txt are: gryphon_feather, gryphon_banner, wing_wind, exorcist_necklace, picture_griffin_king

- knight_boots , knight_armor missing paladin unit for bonus
Not fixed. The names used in item.txt are: knightly_boots, knight_armor

- banner_true_faith missing lds bonus, now this item is much weaker then ancient_amulet / gladiator_sword
Not fixed. The name used in item.txt is: true_belief_banner

- telescopic-sight , set_krit no axethrower or slinger unit for bonuses (goblins and catapults, faun are listed)
Fixed, maybe. The name used in item.txt is: telescopic_sight. The list is now: archer,bowman,cannoner,catapult,elf,elf2,goblin,sl inger_man. The Slinger is included, but the Faun and Axe Thrower are not. The description says "Affects Shooters who use Projectiles or Devices". The Faun uses "Magical Projectiles" and the Axe Thrower uses "Axes". If "Magical Projectiles" and "Axes" are not Projectiles or Devices, then this bug is fixed.
Additional Info: There is an extra invisible character between the "l" and the "i" in slinger_man which probably will cause the Slinger unit to be excluded from the list. That is the character is invisible in Notepad and MS Word, but showed up here on the forum post. I would never have noticed it otherwise.

- ogre_club missing jotun for bonus
Fixed. The name used in item.txt is: ogre_club. New list is: giant,ogre,troll,ogre_chieftain,yotun.

- young_mask doesnt work because bonus is on wrong place : pbonus=health,0,0,7,-100,0,0 should be pbonus=health,0,7,0,-100,0,0
Not fixed. The name used in item.txt is: young_mask

- _sling why are goblins here ?
Working as intended since the Goblin unit is a ranged unit. The name used in item.txt is: sling_. The list is: catapult,cyclop,goblin,slinger_man
Valid note from Fatt Shade: I listed _sling question for goblins, because they already get bonus crit% from crit set and barbarian axe item (because they use axes). I wondered why they get even more crit% from item that give bonus to projectile trowing (for projectile trowing unit). So are they using axes or projectiles ???

- dragon_eye missing emerald green dragons for penalty
Not fixed. The name used in item.txt is: dragon_eye

- wormgear and worm_gear_fake are this correct ? or should be worm_gear
Not a bug. The names used in item.txt are: wormgear, worm_gear_fake. These are quest items.

- dragon_armor missing bone dragons.
Not fixed. The name used in item.txt is: addon2_armor_dragon_armor

Fatt_Shade
12-15-2012, 03:28 PM
@ivra
I listed _sling question for goblins, because they already get bonus crit% from crit set and barbarian axe item (because they use axes). I wondered why they get even more crit% from item that give bonus to projectile trowing (for projectile trowing unit).
So are they using axes or projectiles ???
Rest of items i fixed in my game, and as you can see they are still bugged in latest patch almost 2 months after i reported them. Dev bug team is steaming of work on fixing this game (steaming - we buy game from steam ... lame joke, but they didnt deserve better).

Puce Moose
12-15-2012, 06:50 PM

Yep, the same thing happens for me. It doesn't happen every time, but often enough (probably 2/3rds of the time) that I've stopped using poison cloud. That's a bummer, as it's a great spell that can inflict a ton of damage in the right situations.

I've also been experiencing some weirdness with multi-cell targeting spells such as fire rain and blizzard. Sometimes I'll cast it, but nothing will happen other than the animation playing; no damage, no mana drain, etc. I'll have to try a different group of cells to get it to work. It seems to happen most frequently on large maps, especially in gremlin tower battles.

BenSt88
12-16-2012, 07:31 PM
Almost done w/ my 6249/6250 build game. A few odds and ends:

1) "Paper for the Professor" quest has a blank section for "Reward:".
2) The mapping for New Kordar is off. Your icon shows a ways away from where it really is. Not too far, but w/ lots of parallel tunnels, you can appear to be in the wrong place.
3) Thorvald the Penguin is on a little ice floe, but it doesn't actually appear on the map. [EDIT: typo]
4) Re: Thorvald, the text for "magic crystals" is in Russian still (in 1 of 2 places; otherwise it's in English).

ivra
12-16-2012, 08:17 PM
Three items seems to be bugged regarding what I assume is supposed to be a shield bash bonus. The bonus does not seem to do anything. The items and their bonuses are:

Battle Shield (battle_shield): "+10% Damage of attacks against shields"
Spiked Shield (spiked_shield): "+15% damage from the attacks of the shield"
Viking Shield (barbarian_shield): "+25% Damage of attacks against shields"

Since the term in items.txt is sp_shield_bash (for instance sp_shield_bash =count,25) I assume that the point of this bonus is to give a bonus to the damage of the Shield Bash talent of the Viking Unit. I tried the following attacks without noticing any bonus at all (I made sure that the only difference was the shield bash bonus. My Attack and Defense were the same):

- The Viking Unit using the Shield Bash talent against an opponent.
- A ranged attack against a Viking Unit.
- A melee attack against a Viking Unit.

BenSt88
12-17-2012, 02:47 AM
1) While I can grin and bear it as far as all the typos, bad grammar, etc. goes, by the end of the game it gets to be a bit much. On Tungsinn, is the orc chieftain's wife's name Front or Fronta? Apparently the writers don't know, b/c they switch all over the place. That's just 1 example. More annoying is males referred to as females, and vice versa.

2) W/ a Permafrost summoning of Gorguanas, their talent "Whispers of the Creator" says: "The troops of Gorguls...".

3) A serious and annoying bug I think I reported earlier, and is still around in 6250. If an enemy hero summons an Ancient Phoenix, I hope you have a save game just before this fight, b/c the fight won't actually end. When it resurrects itself, it can't be interacted w/. It just stands there defensively. You can walk through it, stand inside it, whatever. And if your enemy hero has no other troops but magic remaining, you're going to take some punishment while you're unable to respond. And still the fight won't end. Screenshot below.

On a related note, that was an optional fight w/ the "Expath" (you pay 1 million gold to do it) in the Arlanian Inn. There was a similar optional fight w/ the giant "Tiny" in New Kordar I haven't done. Do you get anything besides experience for these fights??

Rork
12-17-2012, 08:38 AM
For what it's worth, here's some more things that may or may not be bugs.

1. On Riftlands, there's a quest, "Luxury Outfit", that needs (among other things) a werewolf skin. However, I found at one of the shops from the island the same item, with different graphics but with the same stats (screenshot attached). By the time I found it, I had already completed said quest, so I don't know if it also works questwise. It wouldn't be the first duplicate quest item I've ran into and I even had the Ogre's Club as a triplicate item.

2. On Riftlands, king Asvald's castle, Egilstadir, will display indefinitely a quest flag, even though he offers no new quest. Might be related to the pirate ship hero roaming aroung Riftlands, who's apparently not attached to any quest.

3. I found two instances of impossible to reach items (two screenshots attached):
- a skeleton right next to Egilstadir on Riftlands, the other in the Verlon Wastelands;
- a spider's nest right next an Altar of Knowledge that's very close to the merchant Rotten Hake (raider's hangout location or stash as marked on the map).

4. I've mentioned in a previous post a possible graphical glitch associated to Fastland: when arriving there at night, I get a very bizarre view of the area (two screenshots attached). I don't know if it's intentional or not as everywhere else in the world, the sea at night looks normal, but something here looks... off. I use a GTX 560 Ti with 306.81 drivers (latest stable version).

Rork
12-17-2012, 08:41 AM
On a related note, that was an optional fight w/ the "Expath" (you pay 1 million gold to do it) in the Arlanian Inn. There was a similar optional fight w/ the giant "Tiny" in New Kordar I haven't done. Do you get anything besides experience for these fights??

No, but you do get a lot of XP, so depending on what difficulty you're on, you may level up your character several times before the fight becomes too expensive.

ckdamascus
12-17-2012, 12:31 PM
3) A serious and annoying bug I think I reported earlier, and is still around in 6250. If an enemy hero summons an Ancient Phoenix, I hope you have a save game just before this fight, b/c the fight won't actually end. When it resurrects itself, it can't be interacted w/. It just stands there defensively. You can walk through it, stand inside it, whatever. And if your enemy hero has no other troops but magic remaining, you're going to take some punishment while you're unable to respond. And still the fight won't end. Screenshot below.

Yeah I've seen weird cases with Ancient Phoenix. Typically I never let it resurrect (but if you cast it, sometimes there are graphical glitches since it will let you try to resurrect while something is on top of you)

I've fought a few Phoenixes before and can't quite recall running into this problem (besides me doing the problem to the AI, but it was able to kill me anyway after a few rounds). My suggest is after you down it, stick a unit over it to prevent its resurrection.

Another option is to try to cast Geyser which sadly works on Ancient Phoenixes now.

[shrugs] this reminds me of the old Crossworlds / Rune Mage / Sheep / Royal Griffin bug. :) Where units would appear in hexes but they were really in OTHER hexes.

terrypchan
12-17-2012, 01:10 PM
For what it's worth, here's some more things that may or may not be bugs.

3. I found two instances of impossible to reach items (two screenshots attached):
- a skeleton right next to Egilstadir on Riftlands, the other in the Verlon Wastelands;
- a spider's nest right next an Altar of Knowledge that's very close to the merchant Rotten Hake (raider's hangout location or stash as marked on the map).

To reach the skeleton next to Egilstadir, zoom your screen in to make everything as up close as possible, then position your horse exactly facing the skeleton, and then lastly use the arrow keys on your keyboard instead of your mouse to move exactly straight ahead and then you will pass through the narrow fence to reach the skeleton. Once you are inside the fence your mouse cursor will change to the white hand, allowing you to grab the skeleton. I've done this multiple times now in this same spot as well as other "tight" areas. Basically use your keyboard for finer control than the mouse.

You most likely will have to back out using the arrow keys as well, otherwise you may get "stuck" in the narrow fence gap.

camelotcrusade
12-17-2012, 08:34 PM
Made a bunch of updates from the last few pages of reports, hope I caught everything. Special thanks to ivra for testing those bugs Fattshade reported a long time ago (and apologies to Fattshade for missing them earlier).

At least we found one thing fixed despite adding a lot more bugs. :rolleyes:

ivra
12-17-2012, 09:06 PM
Quests and Bosses

Black Label: If you let Ben Gorefiend go instead of killing him, the quest becomes stuck. You can tell Torfin that you let Ben go but nothing happens afterwards.

In my last game (6249/6250) I tested this and it worked.

It is also listed as a bug fix in 6250 that do not need a restart.

Maximus Bukie
12-18-2012, 12:12 AM
I found A new Bug with the Winged Helmet. When you equip the helmet, its supposed to give you 2-3 Vikings after a battle. It actually says that it has given me vikings after my battles (usually 3 Skalds). But It never actually does give them to me. I still have the same number of skalds each time. Please Fix.

BenSt88
12-18-2012, 02:01 AM
1. On Riftlands, there's a quest, "Luxury Outfit", that needs (among other things) a werewolf skin. However, I found at one of the shops from the island the same item, with different graphics but with the same stats (screenshot attached). By the time I found it, I had already completed said quest, so I don't know if it also works questwise. It wouldn't be the first duplicate quest item I've ran into and I even had the Ogre's Club as a triplicate item.

This is a formerly broken quest. Since they fixed it, you will now see 2 different werewolf skins. One says "quest" item, while the other you can destroy for crystals etc.

Someone else responded how to get to that skeleton near Egilstadir...

BenSt88
12-18-2012, 02:04 AM
No, but you do get a lot of XP, so depending on what difficulty you're on, you may level up your character several times before the fight becomes too expensive.

Well, that explains why I never made it to 70th level then. But that fight was bugged, and I was almost done w/ the game so I didn't retry it.

I'll play through again in the future, but not until they fix some more things significantly troubling. One a problem for Mac users in particular; I've sent them a crash log, hopefully they figure it out.

azazel8139
12-18-2012, 12:26 PM
Just came back to this game after a break, hoping that recent patches would have fixed some of the bugs that seem everywhere.

Found a new bug on starting a new game

Casting a spell on a unit that will kill it is now bugged. The spell animation with trigger, but the effects of the spell will not occur and the unit will remain alive. The spell is still active on the cursor so you can click multiple times and see the spell effect go off on the target but nothing happen.

To see this start a new game as a mage, play the tutorial, and in the first room attack the cyclopes. In combat cast magic missile at the cyclopes' one beholder unit to kill it. Except nothing will happen, until you either cancel the spell or cast it on a unit that will not die from the attack.

I am really fed up with this game. I purchased the first two happily, and even though they were buggy with many spelling and grammar mistakes, they were playable and okay. This game just seems like a small update to armoured princess, with a few new units, some slightly changed maps and a new campaign yet it is so incredibly broken. I wouldn't be surprised if for a lot of people this is the last time they buy a game from this company.

ivra
12-18-2012, 12:36 PM
I just started a new soothsayer game and killed the beholder with a magic missile. It worked fine.

I recognize the bug you describe, but that happened only from time to time in my first game and that was prior to Patch 2. Are you sure you do not have any mods and that you run the latest patch?

Rork
12-19-2012, 12:22 PM
Thank you to BenSt88 and terrypchan for the answers.

One more possible bug. I found in my inventory two kegs of rum, associated to the quest Special Offer (given on Eastern Freedom Island). Previously I already brought the quest giver another 6 kegs (for magic runes or crystals or whatever) and there were still pirated to be killed around the Freedom islands. Now all the pirates are dead, there are no more kegs to be found and the quest is - surprise, surprise - not completed. Is this a bug (it makes sense that at least one other keg should've been found on one of the remaining pirates), is it associated to a certain patch or is that how things are supposed to go (doubtful, as you get in your log a quest that cannot be completed)?

ckdamascus
12-19-2012, 12:27 PM
Thank you to BenSt88 and terrypchan for the answers.

One more possible bug. I found in my inventory two kegs of rum, associated to the quest Special Offer (given on Eastern Freedom Island). Previously I already brought the quest giver another 6 kegs (for magic runes or crystals or whatever) and there were still pirated to be killed around the Freedom islands. Now all the pirates are dead, there are no more kegs to be found and the quest is - surprise, surprise - not completed. Is this a bug (it makes sense that at least one other keg should've been found on one of the remaining pirates), is it associated to a certain patch or is that how things are supposed to go (doubtful, as you get in your log a quest that cannot be completed)?

There should be a dialogue message after you fulfill one of the volleys of "rum returning" that says "I'm done getting barrels for you" and it seals the quest into completion.

I don't think you can do anything about the spare barrels of rum in your inventory though after that.

afakas
12-19-2012, 03:41 PM
With the latest version I get a crash when Spear of Wrath kills a unit that is in sheep form... tried on many units and the result is always the same

+ Magic Missile doesn't add bonus vs. Archmages although they're mages

dainbramage
12-19-2012, 10:30 PM
+ Magic Missile doesn't add bonus vs. Archmages although they're mages

Are you sure you're not just seeing the archmage's 50% magic resistance in action there?

Rork
12-20-2012, 06:44 AM
There should be a dialogue message after you fulfill one of the volleys of "rum returning" that says "I'm done getting barrels for you" and it seals the quest into completion.

I don't think you can do anything about the spare barrels of rum in your inventory though after that.

No bug in the end, I went back on a whim to talk to the quest giver and there was a new dialogue option, along the lines of "I'm sick of carrying your rum for you" (a feeling that I can certainly relate to :-P). Once selected, it completes the quest and you also get rid of the extra kegs.

Sirron
12-20-2012, 07:32 AM
If you have kegs leftover then you haven't found them all yet, so don't complete the quest.

Nirual
12-20-2012, 01:22 PM
With the latest version I get a crash when Spear of Wrath kills a unit that is in sheep form... tried on many units and the result is always the same

Must be because of the change that returns units back to their normal form when killed. Don't really know why they felt that was nessesary, but I'm not all that surprised it causes issues with some abilities. It might be the case with all kills that create clusters of rage / mana.

camelotcrusade
12-20-2012, 10:34 PM
Hey guys - I have time to make a few more updates then I'll be gone for a week for the holidays. I'll catch up when I get back.

I looked through the pages since my last update and I only found this one for the latest build (another one might have been an earlier build):

I don't recognize that ability, so someone could tell me where it comes from (valkyrie, hero skill, spell) I'll try and get that posted before I leave. And if I missed anything else, please let me know.

Nirual
12-21-2012, 01:00 AM
I don't recognize that ability, so someone could tell me where it comes from (valkyrie, hero skill, spell) I'll try and get that posted before I leave. And if I missed anything else, please let me know.

Its the Battle Maidens first ability.

terrypchan
12-21-2012, 01:09 AM
I use the warrior maidens all the time and I cast the sheep spell a lot. Never had a problem killing stacks of sheep while using the "spear of wrath" from the warrior maidens. Literally hundreds of kills with this exact combo.

Sirron
12-21-2012, 01:45 AM
K, I did some thorough testing on the bug I reported in the Paper for the Professor quest. Please change my report to the following: if you save after accepting the quest but before getting the paper and you reload that save, the quest log will NOT be updated when you get the paper and the quest cannot be completed. Also, like the other guy mentioned, it's possible to only have the option to refuse to pay that much gold for paper but you end up getting it anyway. Oh and yes, the professor's dwelling does not get the flag with rotating glowing particles above it indicating the quest can be turned in when it can. The last one applies to all of his quests.

Rork
12-21-2012, 06:23 AM
If you have kegs leftover then you haven't found them all yet, so don't complete the quest.

Then it's a bug, because there was no pirate left to kill or place to explore and I had only 2 kegs in the inventory.

hippo
12-21-2012, 09:20 AM
Hello
How do you think, how many % of all bugs in the game have been fixed yet?
90%? 95%?

hynix.g52
12-21-2012, 10:17 AM
Rage eater not working as intended? It always says - takes 0 rage and gives 0 mana - regardless of amount of each (full/empty/half full etc.). I have tried it in different fights and each round is the same...

Sirron
12-21-2012, 03:20 PM
Then it's a bug, because there was no pirate left to kill or place to explore and I had only 2 kegs in the inventory.

Did you beat all 5 ships as well?

Sapphirion
12-21-2012, 04:39 PM
Guys, i have two bugs, and one big problem...i play with Mage and when i need to finish "missing cabin boy" in Isterreng and need to kill WOLF who kill cabin boy, i kill that wolf buy i dont get QUEST UPDATE..and cannot finish mission... and second bug is when i need to make Ally with Elf in mission "An alliance with Elfs" i cannot Update mission at Herbalist in Merlassar..i cannot find Antidote for Spider bite...Please Help me with some Patch if you know where i can find it... Tnx

camelotcrusade
12-21-2012, 08:23 PM
Thanks Nirual and afakas, I posted the spear of rage + sheep buff.

@hynix.g52 haven't seen that one yet. Is it a spell or a skill? Does the tooltip say 0/0 but it actually does have an impact or does it definitely do nothing. What build are you using? Thanks.

@Sapphirion what build are you using? I'm only posting bugs for build 6250, the
latest patch. If you are using an earlier version you need to connect to steam to patch it; there is no patch for the unofficial version.

@Sirron thanks I made that update.

Sapphirion
12-21-2012, 08:47 PM
Buddy, Build is 6245... version 1.3.1 ... pls ,give me link or tutorial how to update that on steam..i have Stream for Dota2... and cannot start updating for King's Bounty, is it some another Steam for that??...or contack me on Private Msg...Ty :)

Rork
12-22-2012, 07:57 AM
Did you beat all 5 ships as well?

Yes. My guess is that the last keg didn't spawn. Both Freedom Islands were teeming with bugs and odd game behavior.

A late solve as well, the skeleton near Egilstadir can be reached, even without keyboard navigation, it just takes max. zoom, facing the skeleton and milimeter by milimeter mouse moves, until the cursor turns active. You still can't go in the area, but you can click the skeleton.

Sirron
12-23-2012, 03:12 AM
Have these achievement bugs been reported yet?

"Mad Courage", "Professor" and "Ragnarok's Messenger" don't get awarded, probably because you never regain control after the final fight.

hynix.g52
12-23-2012, 12:04 PM
Thanks Nirual and afakas, I posted the spear of rage + sheep buff.

@hynix.g52 haven't seen that one yet. Is it a spell or a skill? Does the tooltip say 0/0 but it actually does have an impact or does it definitely do nothing. What build are you using? Thanks.

It is build 6246.
Rage eater is an item - it is supposed to take 5 rage at the beginning of each round and to give you 5 mana. It is highly useful in boss fights since you can not use rage there.

I still haven't found calm rage scroll to check if that spell works normally.

ckdamascus
12-23-2012, 01:42 PM
It is build 6246.
Rage eater is an item - it is supposed to take 5 rage at the beginning of each round and to give you 5 mana. It is highly useful in boss fights since you can not use rage there.

I still haven't found calm rage scroll to check if that spell works normally.

Calm Rage works. I "thought" rage eater works... I have to find it again. I think I used build 6250 though.

Sapphirion
12-23-2012, 08:09 PM
So guys, no one can help me, how can i fix some bugs on 6245 BUILD...some mission i cannot finish..., if i need to update game on STEAM, pls tell me how can i do that...i have STEAM, used for DoTa 2,and i dont see any option for King's Bounty updates...pls help i am noob with this :)

ckdamascus
12-23-2012, 09:02 PM
So guys, no one can help me, how can i fix some bugs on 6245 BUILD...some mission i cannot finish..., if i need to update game on STEAM, pls tell me how can i do that...i have STEAM, used for DoTa 2,and i dont see any option for King's Bounty updates...pls help i am noob with this :)

Even if you patch, it won't fix the "can't finish mission" bugs without restarting the entire game. That said, I can't quite remember any really good missions that can't be completed in build 6245.

There are also some work arounds for some missions as well. Which missions are you stuck on?

Sapphirion
12-23-2012, 10:30 PM
Even if you patch, it won't fix the "can't finish mission" bugs without restarting the entire game. That said, I can't quite remember any really good missions that can't be completed in build 6245.

There are also some work arounds for some missions as well. Which missions are you stuck on?

1.On Isterring "cabine boy" - i kill wolf but i dont get Quest update,and cannot finish it at pirate who gives me mission
2.On Elf's Island... when i need to fing Antidote for spider's bite...in mission "Alliance with elfs", i enter at herbalist but i dont get option for quest update...no option for talk...

for now it's two uncomplish missions, and i cannot continue journey..

ckdamascus
12-23-2012, 11:09 PM
1.On Isterring "cabine boy" - i kill wolf but i dont get Quest update,and cannot finish it at pirate who gives me mission
2.On Elf's Island... when i need to fing Antidote for spider's bite...in mission "Alliance with elfs", i enter at herbalist but i dont get option for quest update...no option for talk...

for now it's two uncomplish missions, and i cannot continue journey..

Are you sure you killed the right pack of wolves? In my 3 playthroughs, I never had that quest bugged. The wolves are somewhat near the peak of the mountain.

On the elf's island, I hope you didn't mess up the dialogue. Go back to the girl and see if she has turned into an undead. It is a VERY hard fight.

Sapphirion
12-23-2012, 11:57 PM
Are you sure you killed the right pack of wolves? In my 3 playthroughs, I never had that quest bugged. The wolves are somewhat near the peak of the mountain.

On the elf's island, I hope you didn't mess up the dialogue. Go back to the girl and see if she has turned into an undead. It is a VERY hard fight.

1. My mission was bugged, i check girl now, and i see that i dont kill spider, and i dont get herb for herbalist..i do it now and mission is complete( but, my misssion was updated before i kill spider for herb(bug), cause that i was confused...)

2.There is only one pack of wolf, on top of mountain... i kill all enemy in area ...and i dont get quest update. This is Bug for sure

ckdamascus
12-24-2012, 04:26 PM
New Bug: build 6246/6250

When AI uses Assassins and succeed with the "Murder" skill, the AI sits and does nothing despite having an extra free turn.

Dev mode shows nothing and the only way to proceed is to reload the game.

Game is stuck with the Assassins going "next" but the AI doing nothing.

Workaround: don't let assassins kill with murder. (Don't let assassins get away with murder :) )

Orin
12-25-2012, 03:11 PM
I killed the 3 ice dragons on Iceland before I talked to the dwarf king and got further in the Alliance with the dwarves quest. Now I have 0 of 3 dragons destroyed... :( Unless the dragons to be killed are in the peak of the ice dragon (one of them killed there too). So I'm stuck with the main quest..

Sapphirion
12-25-2012, 09:21 PM
I killed the 3 ice dragons on Iceland before I talked to the dwarf king and got further in the Alliance with the dwarves quest. Now I have 0 of 3 dragons destroyed... :( Unless the dragons to be killed are in the peak of the ice dragon (one of them killed there too). So I'm stuck with the main quest..

I finish game with 3 bugged mission...

1.missing cabine boy Isterring
2.Attractiong customers in Arlania
3.Dressing shop at Riftland, mission with Robbed shoper

...free advice...sometimes just bug Quest update... go to King Dwarf and speak with him. I have to many bugged "quest update" on main quests, after that you will get UNMARKED quest house on island of orcs :) so many walking around...

...Very bad tested game before release! That is all,everything is in bugged "quest update" on quest screen

Orin
12-26-2012, 11:03 AM
Thanks. I will try that.

Update:
The dragons to be killed are on the peak. I killed the last two. I got the message that it's cleared and and the dwarves can open the gold mine. Also the quest progress shows this step grayed out and now I have to report to the king (even it still says 2 of 3 are killed)

Thanks again.

Maximus Bukie
12-26-2012, 11:16 AM
I noticed that the Priests dont resurrect anymore. My priests in my particular army says that it can heal 1861 health to a troop...but it only heals full health to only one unit of that particular troop that you want healed. It doesnt resurrect. It used to resurrect. Whats going on? Whats the point of having a priest heal 1861 health if there are no such units in the game that have a health of 1861???? ****HUGE BUG***

Belgarath
12-26-2012, 11:22 AM
Priests never resurrected, you are probably thinking of Inquisitors...

Sneaksie
12-26-2012, 12:06 PM
Modding

Nonworking LUA functions: None of these LUA functions appear to do anything: Game.MessageBox(...), Game.InvokeMsgBox(...), Game.Log(...) and Game.atom_getpar(...). Could they be fixed?

Here is the response from developers with a bit of humor:

These functions DO work (at least some of them).
Game.MessageBox ( text [,caption] ) shows the text with caption above.
Game.InvokeMsgBox(name, text) shows text IN CASE one uses "warning" as the name parameter. Other variants for name parameter are possible but unknown to this one. Enkindle this.
Game.Log ( par1 [,par2, par3 ...] ) this one considers this particular function to be broken or requiring some extra parameters.
Game.atom_getpar() this one has never seen any traces of this particular function

Firmar
12-26-2012, 03:35 PM
Probably known bug: 3 achievements doesnt work. Its Mad Courage, Proffesor and Ragnarok's Messenger. Read somewhere that it's steam's fault, but not. Actually, achievements just cant pop in game, because game ends right after final battle. Fix it, please. Want my 100% :(

messiahgov
12-26-2012, 10:19 PM
@Adjutant
The last one is buried on the island. 3 from human Monsters, 1 from a crest in the water and one is buried.

I had no problems with this and the full Plundered Stylist quest.

I play on 1.3.1.6250.

Nirual
12-28-2012, 09:50 AM
Probably known bug: 3 achievements doesnt work. Its Mad Courage, Proffesor and Ragnarok's Messenger. Read somewhere that it's steam's fault, but not. Actually, achievements just cant pop in game, because game ends right after final battle. Fix it, please. Want my 100% :(

Patron / Friend of the Pirate are also still bugged in most cases. Global steam stats show 0.1% so some people got them, but I haven't despite completing those quests in just about every patch.

But there used to be tons more that were bugged, so we're getting there.

torquemada
12-28-2012, 12:39 PM
Regarding Ancient pheonix bug, I may be referring to a different bug but when you get the option to resurrect your pheonix and you choose not to, the pheonix stands up at least it's image, it is still dead and units can walk on the tile where it died. It is a graphical bug, it doesn't affect the game in any other way.
I've seen highterant lay an egg in a inaccessible tile (the void in gremlin battle).

Another bug I don't think has been reported is when evil beholders mind control one of your units it stays mind controlled for 2 turns instead of just 1. In my experience it should allowed to dictate one action of the target, not control it for 2 turns.

Jazzer32
12-28-2012, 01:20 PM
After 4th update, i have problem with sacrifice spell. Sometimes it makes critical hit on my unit, So, instead of sacrificing 5 paladins/knights it kills 10. Anyone with same problem?

sethmage
12-28-2012, 09:29 PM
What about *Valkyrie ability used* medal. I used them all, multiple times and there is still zero in the counter. I thought I saw this in the bugs section before, but now is gone, (not in fixed section either)

ckdamascus
12-28-2012, 10:04 PM
What about *Valkyrie ability used* medal. I used them all, multiple times and there is still zero in the counter. I thought I saw this in the bugs section before, but now is gone, (not in fixed section either)

It works fine. They mean the "dialogue" ability used, not the "rage/valkyrie" ability used.

monkeydog
12-29-2012, 02:03 AM
I've feared these guys on multiple occasions and they still attacked higher level units.

monkeydog
12-30-2012, 12:56 AM
In the previous versions, whenever you used a wandering scroll, there would be an icon displayed at the top right of the screen showing what scroll is active and how charges are left. This isn't working anymore so you have to keep track of everything yourself.

ivra
12-30-2012, 11:44 AM
Minor item bug:

The item Viking Shield has the wrong item listed in the Upgrade list. It lists Leather Shield as the item it is upgraded from, but it is upgraded from the item Shield.

In more technical terms:
The item barbarian_shield should change:
upgrade=addon2_shield_leather_shield,barbarian_shi eld
to
upgrade=shield,barbarian_shield

Found another minor bug:
The item Ogre's Club [ogre_club] has a part of its description missing. It says:
+4 Attack
Damage of Ogres, Trolls, Orc Chieftains, Jotuns, and Giants.
It should be:
+4 Attack
+20% Physical Damage to Ogres, Trolls, Orc Chieftains, Jotuns, and Giants.

The source line is:
dbonus=physical,0,20,0,-100,0,0

messiahgov
12-31-2012, 08:56 AM
I can reproduce the "Enemy summoned phoenixes unattackable after resurrecting: Build 6250".

I'm playing 6250 and it only happen in the 1 Mio. Tavern battle. Maybe no other enemy ever used the phoenix, but it's reproduceable. I tried everything to aim on it, tried it over 10 rounds, but you can't, the phoenix "ghost" stay and nothing happen at all. The phoenix is invincible, you can walk on that spot etc. So try to end that fight as quick as possible, to avoid, that the boss summons phoenix. So I needed to cheat, to finally win this matches once, because this badass almost always call the phoenix and if that useless piece of phoenix attack one of my units, it dies (and become godlike) because of the counterattack.

BTW, here my minor (but important) item fix for the "Avrelii Gauntlet". I don't know the English name, in German it's named "Handschuhe des heiligen Aurelius". It's labelled as "Dress", but in real its a glove...all description clearly say it's a glove and by god not a glove looking dress. ^^

Find it in "items.txt", starting at line 23160 addon2_gauntlet_avrelii_gauntlet.
Change propbits=dress,rare to propbits=gloves,rare and done. Now it's really a glove and can be placed at the glove/belt slot.

I play with WotN v1.3.1.6250 and yes, it was still not fixed.

ivra
12-31-2012, 09:06 AM
I can reproduce the "Enemy summoned phoenixes unattackable after resurrecting: Build 6250".

I'm playing 6250 and it only happen in the 1 Mio. Tavern battle. Maybe no other enemy ever used the phoenix, but it's reproduceable. I tried everything to aim on it, tried it over 10 rounds, but you can't, the phoenix "ghost" stay and nothing happen at all. The phoenix is invincible, you can walk on that spot etc. So try to end that fight as quick as possible, to avoid, that the boss summons phoenix. So I needed to cheat, to finally win this matches once, because this badass almost always call the phoenix and if that useless piece of phoenix attack one of my units, it dies (and become godlike) because of the counterattack.
I am not there in my current game (6250/6250), but in my previous game (6249/6250) I fought it a lot and never had any problems with it. I did however always put one of my troops on top of the fallen phoenix once it was killed to prevent it from resurrecting. As far as I know the ghost phoenix only happens if you let it resurrect. If you place a troop on its corpse it cannot resurrect and the battle continues normally. Are you experiencing a ghost phoenix immediately after it has been killed (in which case it is a new bug), or after it has been resurrected (a known bug)?

messiahgov
12-31-2012, 09:28 AM
After it has been resurrected, so it's really the same bug. I never though about that. Just put a troop on the corpse (before it resurrect) and the problem is solved. Thanks! =) But it's a bug and should be fixed someday. Can be very frustrating.

BTW, thanks for your item latest fixes, they're still present in 1.3.1.6250. And in my German translation, they just translated it 1:1, without the "+20%".