Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > CoD Multiplayer

CoD Multiplayer Everything about multiplayer in IL-2 CoD

Old 10-06-2011, 07:19 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ataros View Post
@ Pato Salvaje
Thank you for all the detailed information.
It is very strange that the issue is map-related.

Today I was testing a mission with spawn-areas on a Steppe map and I could not change the aircraft by just clicking a spawn-area. I had to click on my side's flag again every time I wanted to create a new aircraft. Never happened to me before. All difficulty settings were correct (allowed side and plane switching, etc.)
Have you try it with other maps?...

We´ll made some tests about this on Steppe and Scimitar map´s next day.
Old 10-06-2011, 10:08 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pato Salvaje View Post
Have you try it with other maps?...

We´ll made some tests about this on Steppe and Scimitar map´s next day.
Yes, it turns out it happens on all maps but for host only Host has to click a flag first to change and aircraft. Probably this is the reason aircrafts lists show only to hosts in coops.
Old 10-18-2011, 12:47 PM
Approved Member

Please try coops again with the new patch taking into account this information http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=27190
Old 10-18-2011, 08:34 PM
Approved Member

Hmm, thinking loud without having looked at the things you can do in the c# libraries...

If there is full support to use the normal .Net-libraries in the scripts, how about setting up your own co-op web based gui? Do a simple aspx web site where you select maps, settings and assign players to different flights. Select formations or whatever and then save it all in a database. After all is set (add a simple chat gui) all players join the server and spawn at some random field. If the script can loop over all the currently connected players it can determine which one it should assign to which flight and "force" them all into the correct seat (based on database lookup of the configuration set in the web gui). After at least x percent of the players have joined (or a timer) it will start it all with all pilots in the correct plane, and in perfect formation...

Get my idea? The admin could even change parameters while the mission is running in the web gui if the script reads changed rows. A bit weird way of doing it for sure, but then we could do all we want (if the script can force a multi player gamer to switch plane). The admin can also go in and select "spawn 12 me 109:s at point x" while the mission is running. The web gui could also show an updated status for interested players that what to join.

We could even do a silverlight based real time radar operator map where a commander can issue orders etc

/mazex
Old 10-26-2011, 12:46 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ataros View Post
Anyone who likes ground attack 'coops' may try this mission http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpos...00&postcount=9

This a basic sample mission creating an ongoing ground war which you can influence supporting your ground troops.

This is not an old original IL-2 style coop of cause but a very basic 'alpha-stage' example of CoD multiplayer.

upd. The mission is being tested on Repka #2 server ATM please give it a try and report bugs.
I'm struggling to get a "Listen" server working. ie, I'm old, my bro is older; we just want to be able to have one of us host and the other join--and be able to thwack AI that can't figure out our lame tactics. We use coward settings and just want to enjoy flight and shoot things as though we are not wearing Coke-bottle glasses. No reflexes = no competition. We'd just like to enjoy this mission.

Problem: only one of us seems to be able to get into an airplane. Can you please point me to some help? I'm not blaming the game; I'm just very confused.

Sorry to take up so much of this thread.
Old 10-26-2011, 08:30 AM
Approved Member

Yes, you can start it in Lobby. Password protect your server if you do not want others to join.
Old 10-26-2011, 08:56 AM
Approved Member

COOP script by naryv posted http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthr...537#post354537
Old 10-27-2011, 05:03 PM
Approved Member

No joy. I appear to be able to select a side, but can't select a plane from map or by pressing "Create" since "Create" never appears. Now, Steam keeps disconnecting. I must lack some port info or be broken some other way (disabling BitDefender only seems to piss it off?).

Made some port changes. Also, I was trying the MF_any2 mission in MP dogfight. Text editor shows there is nothing in the file but a bit of header info. My bro hosts it fine. But, his copy on my rig still shows nothing. If I add objects/ac in FMB to it, I can play it. Something REALLY wierd here and not worth troubling you all, especially since I can open an SP Mission in FMB, uncheck seat, save as MP Dogfight, and host/play it.

Last edited by Buster_Dee; 10-29-2011 at 05:01 PM.
Old 11-01-2011, 01:13 PM
Approved Member

Where do you guys host coops at?? ive been to this "lobby" and no one is ever there.In order for this sim to "take off" and get more populated servers it needs a place where coops and missions can be hosted in the same place where players can be seen.I have been to the game "lobby" over 30 times in the past few months and have yet to see a living soul..lol.
I have been playing a lot of coops in il2 and have been enjoying them because it gives the player a purpose and a mission + the creativity i have seen go into these missions are incredible.I would really like to play a coop in "Dover" to see how it is and to see what kind of coops the population is making. Can someone give a time when they will be hosting a coop please.I am Eastern standard time. (New York)

~S~

BH_woodstock
HYPER/STAFF

amd dual core 5400+
6Gb ram
Gtx460se
Win7 Ultimate
trackir 3
MS Sidewinder FF2

Last edited by BH_woodstock; 11-01-2011 at 01:17 PM.
Old 04-05-2012, 12:17 PM
Approved Member

You can vote for COOP feature at li2bugtracker now (green arrow up).

http://www.il2bugtracker.com/issues/51

and for landing gear bug here http://www.il2bugtracker.com/issues/15

luthier's activity there http://www.il2bugtracker.com/users/14