PDA

View Full Version : Can you skin plots in CoD?

Bearcat
01-08-2013, 03:36 AM
Can you skin plots in CoD? Is there a pilot template about?

major_setback
01-12-2013, 02:56 PM
I don't think so. I wish you could. I'm tired of the same old faces in my cockpits. (That didn't quite come out the right way did it?).

JG26_EZ
01-12-2013, 07:51 PM
Probably all just a matter of time before we can. As you can see here, someone's already figured out how to alter the parachute skin.

http://allaircraftsimulations.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=173&t=32372

Plt Off JRB Meaker
01-13-2013, 09:02 AM
Sounds promising,two things I'd change given half the chance,an RAF pilot where his goggles are perched on his head,when not wearing them over his eyes(the current RAF flyer either has his goggles being worn over his eyes or there are no goggles on at all).

And secondly I'd get rid of Lord Lucan flying the German aircraft lol,apart from Galland as an exception most German pilots were clean shaven,trust COD to model the exception:rolleyes:

Anyway just thoughts,and a NOT a priority.

JG53_Valantine
01-13-2013, 11:55 AM
The modding team over at ATAG are requested to keep things within the team whilst we internally test all the various changes being made so as to ensure that the release is working, balanced and as bug free as possible on public release.

As such we cannot release what we are working on or provide snapshots as we want people to comment on the overall "pack" rather than individual mods, however: with regards to pilot models / textures I'd say don't worry too much.... whilst you'll not be able to make your own the existing ones may or may not be receiving an overhaul and in future, coding permitted, additional faces/uniforms may or may not be a possibility.

It is still early days with the mods but with a good team working on it I'd suggest the future for Modded CloD is a very bright one indeed.
V

major_setback
01-13-2013, 02:33 PM
The modding team over at ATAG are requested to keep things within the team whilst we internally test all the various changes being made so as to ensure that the release is working, balanced and as bug free as possible on public release.

As such we cannot release what we are working on or provide snapshots as we want people to comment on the overall "pack" rather than individual mods, however: with regards to pilot models / textures I'd say don't worry too much.... whilst you'll not be able to make your own the existing ones may or may not be receiving an overhaul and in future, coding permitted, additional faces/uniforms may or may not be a possibility.

It is still early days with the mods but with a good team working on it I'd suggest the future for Modded CloD is a very bright one indeed.
V

I may or may not thank you.
:-)

jamesdietz
01-15-2013, 05:06 PM

V

Thanks you guys are really picking up the pieces!

marcastel57
01-15-2013, 10:15 PM
I'd like it too.....italian pilots don't even have an helmet nor goggles. Funny in open cockpit fighters:)

Shado
01-20-2013, 05:01 PM
Back in the day pilot skins were easy to pull out with the kegetys mod, it shouldnt be a problem i'm sure. :o

Plt Off JRB Meaker
01-20-2013, 06:23 PM
Fantastic Shado,and how a proper pilot of the 'Regia Aeronautica'should look like,top job mate:grin:

Shado
01-20-2013, 09:33 PM
Hi Meaker, good to see you, hope your keeping well, anyway back on topic cant wait to see what Atag turns out.

E.F.Hartmann
01-21-2013, 06:14 PM
hello I have a question, may have also changed the uniform driver.

sorry for my bad english.

Shado
01-21-2013, 07:02 PM
Your English is fine Hartmann :grin: I hope you can understand this, yes, in part you can change the uniforms, colours, insignia etc but I can only do it with the dll mod .

http://i45.tinypic.com/2148qwg.jpg

E.F.Hartmann
01-22-2013, 12:52 PM
thank you for your reply.
Too bad you can not do a mod.
would it be possible to tell me how to change I would be very grateful.

ελέφας
01-22-2013, 01:47 PM
The problem is that the changes will be universal!
You can't skin individual pilots like in old IL-2 series.
IMO, the Italian pilots in game, have little to do with any historical representation.
Obviously, poorly researched and rushed...

I made a mod about a year ago, trying to correct some mistakes on the LW pilots but I don't think I still have it...
(I've uninstalled the game as I could barely play it in my laptop)

JG53_Valantine
01-22-2013, 05:45 PM
Patience gents, as I've hinted at earlier this may or may not have been started by "Team Fusion"......
V

E.F.Hartmann
01-23-2013, 03:54 PM
thank you but suddenly you make me want to know more about it.;)

Shado
01-24-2013, 01:16 PM
IL2 COD, the one thing it HAS taught me is patience. :)

E.F.Hartmann
01-24-2013, 03:12 PM
yes it is true ;)