PDA

View Full Version : Some questions newbie scripter

HR_Grainovich
11-14-2011, 01:03 PM
Hi scripters! ;)

I have a couple of question, i will try to explain myself, sorry by my awful english.

I don't want to specify the path to my submission folder like:

GamePlay.gpPostMissionLoad("missions/<directory_to_my_mission>/submision.mis");

It's possible to specify a relative path? always must to be absolute path?

Exist any function which can return the absolute path?, something like this: battleScriptFileName() , but doesn´t work , at least I can´t do it, my script GamePlay.battleScriptFileName() doesn´t work, any idea?

And another question... CoD have any "error.log" for debugging the scripting error?, like "you have an error in line 42" ??

Finally, where can I find an explanation about the parameter "int missionNumber" in some functions like OnTrigger(int missionNumber, string shortName, bool active) ?? , I don´t understand what mean this parameter and his use.

Thanks very much!!

FG28_Kodiak
11-14-2011, 03:05 PM
Hi scripters! ;)

I have a couple of question, i will try to explain myself, sorry by my awful english.

I don't want to specify the path to my submission folder like:

GamePlay.gpPostMissionLoad("missions/<directory_to_my_mission>/submision.mis");

It's possible to specify a relative path? always must to be absolute path?

yes you can specify for example:

static string SubMissionsPath = @"missions\Multi\Dogfight\test\subs\";
static string RandomSubMissionsPath = @"missions\Multi\Dogfight\test\subs\random\";

Exist any function which can return the absolute path?, something like this: battleScriptFileName() , but doesn´t work , at least I can´t do it, my script GamePlay.battleScriptFileName() doesn´t work, any idea?

the absolute path of the missions-folder is (using System.IO;):

static string docpath = Environment.GetFolderPath(Environment.SpecialFolde r.MyDocuments);
static string pathCoD = docpath + @"\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\missions";

you can search then recursivly, if you like.

And another question... CoD have any "error.log" for debugging the scripting error?, like "you have an error in line 42" ??

Yes you can use the Log-file, activate it in conf.ini (LOG=1, LOGFILE=log.txt, LOGKEEP=1)

Finally, where can I find an explanation about the parameter "int missionNumber" in some functions like OnTrigger(int missionNumber, string shortName, bool active) ?? , I don´t understand what mean this parameter and his use.

Its possible to load missions in a "mainmission".
So your mainmission is number 0 and every mission you load in that mission, gets a missionnumber++.

HR_Grainovich
11-14-2011, 03:08 PM
WOW!! :o

Thanks Kodiak !! all is clear!! thanks very much! :razz:

HR_Grainovich
11-14-2011, 04:23 PM
And another question :grin:

Is possible that some functions are executed in singleplayer and anothers in multiplayer??

I think that OnAircraftTookOff, OnAircraftLanded or OnAircraftCrashLanded only is executed only in singleplayer, it's possible?

Thanks!!

FG28_Kodiak
11-14-2011, 04:34 PM
You can check (bool)
GamePlay.gpIsServerDedicated();
GamePlay.gpIsServerSingle();

but by a SingleplayerGame GamePlay.gpIsServerSingle() is also true.

So you should check if
GamePlay.gpRemotePlayers()
contains Players, if so its a MultiplayerGame if not its a SinglePlayer.

HR_Grainovich
11-15-2011, 08:00 AM
Thanks again Kodiak!

So, I'm right!?, some events only works in singleplayer and others in multiplayer, it's ok?

FG28_Kodiak
11-15-2011, 08:59 AM
Yes but it's depens on the patch version. So if the events dont work in multiplayer call them bugs ;), may be they work again in later patch versions.

HR_Grainovich
11-15-2011, 03:00 PM
Yes but it's depens on the patch version. So if the events dont work in multiplayer call them bugs ;), may be they work again in later patch versions.

oh! :lol::lol: ok ok, I understand! ;), thanks Kodiak!!