PDA

View Full Version : Third Party Campaigns & their skins will not 'Play".

jamesdietz
06-27-2011, 07:32 PM
Why? I am anxious the get going on the JG26 campaign available here,but neither it nor its skins show up in the Game's menu.I cannot figure it out.I've exracted both to a temporary folder & then loaded the missions to Single & of course directed the skins into paintschemes...Is there a step I've somehow missed?
I appreciate your help.

jamesdietz
06-27-2011, 08:33 PM
Did you extract them into your Steam directory? It actually goes (for Windows 7 users at least) into your User/Documents/1c Softclub/IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover/... directory.

The game checks there for added content, I think so it will keep the Steam directory easy to manage for Steam Cloud and data cache verification purposes.

My Steam Directory ( seems ) to be in C:/program files(x86)/Steam/

My other folder is as above in your post & located in my F: ( backup) drive...placed there I guess by the original Steam install for my Windows7 64bit install.This folder has mission & missions & paintscheme folders where I would have assumed I place these extracted JG26 downloads.I have done so but they don't seem to show up in game play...yet.

jamesdietz
06-28-2011, 01:07 AM
Problem solved..thanks to last post! Somewhere along the line I had mistakenly shortcuted to the F:/Backup install, so nothing showed up in the game..Thanks to the last post directing me to the proper C: Documents/Steam install I was able to reinstall missions & skins & they all work fine...thanks!!!!