PDA

View Full Version : Red Sands English translated (Not complete)

grimeleven
06-02-2011, 08:57 AM
Warning this is not a perfect thanslation so yes there is a LOT of grammar errors and such i used Google Translate. I tried to fix some but there is so much one man can do.

Hello fans of KB!
I wanted to try out this mod asap so i went and tried again to translate, i sorted out the lua errors. It took me roughly 7-8 hours to complete.

Now almost complete!
Content translated
Units: Yes
Spells: Yes
Items: Yes
Hero Screen: Yes
Skills: Yes
Maps: Yes
Quests: Yes
Chat Text: Yes

With Google and text parts from retail copy of Crossworlds, i managed to get something decent that i'm sure players will get their way around playing without a perfect english interface.

English is not my main and i don't even know a single word of russian so enjoy this "preview" and besides i take no credit in the mod.

I created a new thread because it would be easier to find this post but i know there are people already working on translating, i'm sure it will be better but while waiting for a proper, we can play... a lot :D

Thanks to all the authors
Thanks for translation from: langtu87, Glorfindel1982, fillyra

Grimeleven

Official Download link for those who do not have the mod, Now updated for version 1.3: http://kingsbounty.ru/test/red_sands/red_sands_setup_1.3_full.exe

Instructions:
1- Install red_sands_setup_1.3_full, navigate to "Kings Bounty Armored Princess\sessions\red_sands\" open "red_sands_data.kfs" with WinRar and extract it's content into that folder, do the same with the file "red_sands_ses.kfs" and then delete those 2 *.kfs files.
2- Copy the translation folder "eng" into "\Kings Bounty Armored Princess\sessions\red_sands\localization"
3- Rename/Delete the folder "rus" in that folder.

Version 1.2 Update Aug 4: Fixes hundreds of entries in "units_features", "units_specials" now translated from CW files, 75% done with better english now and with typos fixed only unit skills which could crash the game. Applied "langtu87" translated files (chat, quests). Replace all folders from the archive.
Version 1.3 Update Aug 7: Full exact translation (from retail game) of the following: Items, Hero info, rewards, skills, spells, units, units features.
Version 1.4 Update Aug 8: rus files removal, fixes empty quest log, Minor typo fixes on spells and units.
Version 1.5 Update Aug 8: Added translated chat, quests from Glorfindel and fillyra, Fix: map, units, familliar, spells, skills.
Version 1.6 Update Aug 14: Tested for compatibility on Red Sands v1.3>>> YES, More fixes on most of the language files except chat and quest.

Saboteurs fix: http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpost.php?p=321585&postcount=103
Demons Ball of rage crash fix: http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpost.php?p=322262&postcount=107
ToDo: More work on Red Sands custom stuff.

fillyra
06-02-2011, 06:33 PM
Nice! I'll take a look at it sometime soon and check out your work.

shinjiikuri
06-06-2011, 01:39 PM
Just to double check, if the quest have not been translated, it means that we won't be able to complete them as we have not idea what it is right?

Either way, thanks for translating the rest of it!

ckdamascus
06-07-2011, 12:53 PM
Just to double check, if the quest have not been translated, it means that we won't be able to complete them as we have not idea what it is right?

Either way, thanks for translating the rest of it!

I believe you can still do them, it just shows up as some strange code like [quest3941843814][system34931481498932]. However, it also does not seem to show any detail for the quest itself.

I believe you can complete them if you remember the original game dialogue well enough. :)

If you do not, then it becomes difficult to complete them.

gimpz
06-30-2011, 06:21 PM
I'll take a look but I think it will be less interesting when you can't understand the quest text and dialogues. After all, they make up much of the content in a game like this.

EDIT: Tried it but I get a lot of errors about missing labels on the units. Where exactly should I install the original mod and your files?

sdshadow
06-30-2011, 07:28 PM
in sessions/red_sands/locations you should make a new folder "rus" (without the "). In this folder make a "other" folder and here you copy all of the translation files.
complete: sessions/rend_sands/locations/rus/other

The orignal mod should be below Kings Bounty Armored Princess/Sessions

gimpz
07-01-2011, 05:37 AM
Thanks for the help. I tried playing a little but I don't think this is playable yet. There is no info on the quest you get from the Sorcerer's Stone so you don't really know what to do and the mage in the tower has a lot of missing dialogue. I think I'll wait :)

It was funny that they tried to fool you to quit the game with ALT+F4. I almost fell for it but caught myself when I realized what it was.

matonicitel
07-07-2011, 07:02 PM
do you have version that works in 1.3 especialy when fighting orc saboteurs?

Fatt_Shade
07-07-2011, 08:11 PM
Orc saboteurs are making problems with all game, no matter what patch is it.
sdshadow have same problem with them, me also and i think other ppl have it too. So far no explanation from mod developers considering saboteurs :-(
Try to kill them with aoe dmg spells, so far i figured out that any direct targeting spell (fire arrow, poison skull, blind, fear . . .) make game crash, but aoe spells hitting them work ok. So get some high initiative unit, and attack them that way and hope to kill all stack before they get their turn.

zini4_tha_grunt
07-11-2011, 12:19 PM
Orc saboteurs are making problems with all game, no matter what patch is it.

This is incorrect. You ought to have the 1.3.1 patch installed and game version should be 6170.

Belcanzor
07-19-2011, 03:02 AM
Thanks for the translation, help a lot.
The white fonts numbers in many dialogues is normal? I mean: is a error, yes, but is expected?
My game is 1.3.1 and use crossworld.
You still work on this?

English is not my native lang too.

infernal1800
07-19-2011, 10:11 AM
This is incorrect. You ought to have the 1.3.1 patch installed and game version should be 6170.

I dont have the latest version, so that i decided to delete sabotuer :) Is there anyone or any mod beside redsands has new map? I created a few and still working but it's take long time to finish an island with dungeon, quest, unique enemy, related battlefield and stuff for only one person :(

langtu87
07-19-2011, 10:13 AM
Just google translator.

It seem red_sand missing a file quest.lng, I have aquest just show [quest_system_953...]

Belcanzor
07-20-2011, 05:10 PM
All the text is totally blank in the guy that train and the orc. Any clue how to solve? Already learned that winrar open the game files.
Some quest are white numbers too.
The fish quest in 1 island as some errors too.

Some numbers:
All text in trainer in Debir: 857710
Others: 019412, 037404, 379930, 568255
Already check inside these and cant find why they dont show in game, only in trainer quest about kill 20 wizards see changes comparing rus and eng version.
I welcome any solution in Italian, Spanish or French. Of course, english too.

Checking again I think is a path error. But dont know how to solve. Many dialogues just show ok, others dont. Cheking the translations I see the dialogues are in archive, maybe is the format of archive?

NVM: I translate the entire mod myself. :p (To spanish)

hardy87
07-31-2011, 10:39 AM
The game was crashed when I won hero Marquis of Krause front of New Verona Palace :( can anyone fix it ? help !

sr for my bad english :)

@langtu87: can u give me ur yahoo nick :) I'm Vietnamese too :D

infernal1800
07-31-2011, 03:23 PM
The game was crashed when I won hero Marquis of Krause front of New Verona Palace :( can anyone fix it ? help !

sr for my bad english :)

@langtu87: can u give me ur yahoo nick :) I'm Vietnamese too :D

Another guy comes from Vietnam :) I'm Vietnamese too, can you post your yahoo nick so we can discuss about the game :)

frooo
07-31-2011, 06:14 PM
Hello everybody

I am trying to translate the chat and quest text in english but I can't put them in the right place.
I have tried the fallowing things :
- Added all the eng_'file_name' to localization/rus_chat and localization/rus_quest (thx to langtu87 for translated files) on the 1.1 version of red sands (provided by the creator of this post).
- Installed lasterst version (1.3) and added the eng_'file_name' to the red_sands_ses.kfs file (same paths : localization/rus_quest and localization/rus_chat) - I put them there by opening the file with winzip and updating the archive.

And nothing works (quests in log are with quest_number_21321421412_stage_1 ... etc).

What am I doing wrong ? Must I replace some files ? Must I edit the rus_'file_name' files also?

If someone has the time to explain in details or better if he can put the archive on share (will all files, directories except the locations directory because it is the largest and the red_sands_data.kfs file) it would be very very much appreciated.

Have a good day

infernal1800
07-31-2011, 06:26 PM
Hello everybody

I am trying to translate the chat and quest text in english but I can't put them in the right place.
I have tried the fallowing things :
- Added all the eng_'file_name' to localization/rus_chat and localization/rus_quest (thx to langtu87 for translated files) on the 1.1 version of red sands (provided by the creator of this post).
- Installed lasterst version (1.3) and added the eng_'file_name' to the red_sands_ses.kfs file (same paths : localization/rus_quest and localization/rus_chat) - I put them there by opening the file with winzip and updating the archive.

And nothing works (quests in log are with quest_number_21321421412_stage_1 ... etc).

What am I doing wrong ? Must I replace some files ? Must I edit the rus_'file_name' files also?

If someone has the time to explain in details or better if he can put the archive on share (will all files, directories except the locations directory because it is the largest and the red_sands_data.kfs file) it would be very very much appreciated.

Have a good day

I think you dont have to put all files into the .kfs because it will confuse you. Just extract all of them into folder session of redsand like me:
D:\king bouty princess\Kings Bounty Armored Princess\sessions\red_sands\red_sands\localization
Goodluck :)

frooo
07-31-2011, 08:02 PM
I think you dont have to put all files into the .kfs because it will confuse you. Just extract all of them into folder session of redsand like me:
D:\king bouty princess\Kings Bounty Armored Princess\sessions\red_sands\red_sands\localization
Goodluck :)

That is what I tried first time... skills, item names, other data is working in english just not the quests and quest chat. and from what I can tell in the localization folder I have to make the rus_chat and rus_quest folders (for the other files I had to make the other folder to work (description, skills, etc))

infernal1800
08-01-2011, 09:52 AM
That is what I tried first time... skills, item names, other data is working in english just not the quests and quest chat. and from what I can tell in the localization folder I have to make the rus_chat and rus_quest folders (for the other files I had to make the other folder to work (description, skills, etc))

I remember that I installed the redsand mod by a .exe file and after the installation is completed, I have a folder name red_sands in session folder and inside it has another red_sands folder which store most of file and localization file. Maybe you should put it in there or you simply just put it to where you read/get it :confused:

langtu87
08-01-2011, 12:56 PM
I used offical English version for the chat code which included in orcs mod. I don't know Russian and using google translator to translate others chat log.
It play ok but missing red sands quest log.
It for verision 1.3 red sands play with KBCW english version

grimeleven
08-05-2011, 03:36 AM
Updated OP, version 1.2 out with more content translated and there was a lot missing "," in unit skills which made the game crash, skills not separated.

Added langtu87 translated files, thank you!

1darklord
08-05-2011, 02:28 PM
Nice one, is it mostly translated now then? :)

Daniel.

saroumana
08-05-2011, 06:09 PM
May be you could use translated files in the other topic, look like their translation is a bit dead. :(

Tianx
08-05-2011, 06:37 PM
Which other files are you talking about?

Belcanzor
08-06-2011, 11:10 PM
Thanks for new translation. Help a lot again, but again I need edit files.
I upload a example. In this partially fixed "eng_items.lng" there is the same small error that is present in others translations. I fix 2 items in this version for comparison purpose.

As you can see the items "Officer Pat" and "Ancient amulet" have errors in is descriptions and requeriments, the problem are the spaces between characters, spaces in wrong place invalidate the line. For that other translations dont work, in many archives I fix the problem erasing spaces in other archives just copy paste from english version, after checking the txt of course.

I have files from chat and quest translated by me and fixed others ppl translations but this work better if we organize this a little. All the ppl translating can work together for a easy task. And if the Red Sand moders tell what files are moded we can just translate these. I find only 30 files but not sure if these are all because I translate while playing and I m slow and died a lot.
By the way: my work is in spanish but I can rewrite all to english in few hours.

langtu87
08-07-2011, 07:05 AM
Thanks for new translation. Help a lot again, but again I need edit files.
I upload a example. In this partially fixed "eng_items.lng" there is the same small error that is present in others translations. I fix 2 items in this version for comparison purpose.

As you can see the items "Officer Pat" and "Ancient amulet" have errors in is descriptions and requeriments, the problem are the spaces between characters, spaces in wrong place invalidate the line. For that other translations dont work, in many archives I fix the problem erasing spaces in other archives just copy paste from english version, after checking the txt of course.

I have files from chat and quest translated by me and fixed others ppl translations but this work better if we organize this a little. All the ppl translating can work together for a easy task. And if the Red Sand moders tell what files are moded we can just translate these. I find only 30 files but not sure if these are all because I translate while playing and I m slow and died a lot.
By the way: my work is in spanish but I can rewrite all to english in few hours.

Do you know txt file which inlude red sands quest. I don't know russia and my translated file just autogen by program I writed. So, I don't think I miss some txt because my program find all file start with rus_ and end at .lng. :confused:

grimeleven
08-08-2011, 12:58 AM
Uploaded v1.3 with items translated etc see main post. Now content is pretty much like Crossworld English, now need to do Red Sands. Please report anything you find, crashes, errors or wrong translation.

Thanks.

hardy87
08-08-2011, 10:36 AM
Uploaded v1.3 with items translated etc see main post. Now content is pretty much like Crossworld English, now need to do Red Sands. Please report anything you find, crashes, errors or wrong translation.

Thanks.

OMG, It's fixed :D thanks ! This is a great translation :D

ckdamascus
08-08-2011, 01:09 PM
Thanks a ton for your work on this!

1darklord
08-08-2011, 01:30 PM
Sounds great, are the quests in english now? :)

Cheers for your work on this!

Daniel.

Belcanzor
08-08-2011, 02:05 PM
Fixed quest log.

eng_quest_0126646444.lng - using original from english version
eng_quest_0248114353.lng - using original from english version

eng_quest_0377159977.lng - remove spaces
eng_quest_0431906598.lng
eng_quest_0456537505.lng
eng_quest_1100659572.lng
eng_quest_1144398124.lng
eng_quest_1350697075.lng
eng_quest_1461574883.lng
eng_quest_1501636309.lng
eng_quest_1536845022.lng
eng_quest_1676740443.lng
eng_quest_1734853432.lng
eng_quest_1825610116.lng
eng_quest_1835717344.lng
eng_quest_1984942538.lng
eng_quest_2000348419.lng
eng_quest_2003372148.lng (thats the Red Sand one)

example:
error: quest_system_1350697075_name=^? ^ translation for the King
fix: quest_system_1350697075_name=^?^translation for the King

error: quest_system_1501636309_task=^? ^ continent Elona. Glaucus keeper asks him to help bring order to the woods before heading to the journey. <br> <br> [Reward]
fix: quest_system_1501636309_task=^?^continent Elona. Glaucus keeper asks him to help bring order to the woods before heading to the journey.<br><br>[reward]

I dont touch traduction, just remove spaces.
I still in lizards island, if someone find a blank text post here.

Instructions:
Overwrite old ones in \King’s Bounty Crossworlds\sessions\red_sands\locations\rus

Always backup first!

langtu87
08-08-2011, 02:56 PM
Fixed quest log.

eng_quest_0126646444.lng - using original from english version
eng_quest_0248114353.lng - using original from english version

eng_quest_0377159977.lng - remove spaces
eng_quest_0431906598.lng
eng_quest_0456537505.lng
eng_quest_1100659572.lng
eng_quest_1144398124.lng
eng_quest_1350697075.lng
eng_quest_1461574883.lng
eng_quest_1501636309.lng
eng_quest_1536845022.lng
eng_quest_1676740443.lng
eng_quest_1734853432.lng
eng_quest_1825610116.lng
eng_quest_1835717344.lng
eng_quest_1984942538.lng
eng_quest_2000348419.lng
eng_quest_2003372148.lng (thats the Red Sand one)

example:
error: quest_system_1350697075_name=^? ^ translation for the King
fix: quest_system_1350697075_name=^?^translation for the King

error: quest_system_1501636309_task=^? ^ continent Elona. Glaucus keeper asks him to help bring order to the woods before heading to the journey. <br> <br> [Reward]
fix: quest_system_1501636309_task=^?^continent Elona. Glaucus keeper asks him to help bring order to the woods before heading to the journey.<br><br>[reward]

I dont touch traduction, just remove spaces.
I still in lizards island, if someone find a blank text post here.

Instructions:
Overwrite old ones in \King’s Bounty Crossworlds\sessions\red_sands\locations\rus

Always backup first!

thank you for that. This happen because I use google translator and it become like that :( . Anyway thank you for the fix.

grimeleven
08-08-2011, 03:58 PM
Doh, Belcanzor i had noticed same thing and already modified my files 5 mins ago lol but thanks. I also removed the remaining rus_quest files because it cause some quests to have blank text.

Yeah google had done the spaces to all translation so you can guess there was thousands of those to remove, glad "replace" exists :D

Daniel: Yes all quests are in English but some needs better grammar hehe.

Uploaded v1.4 with minor changes and the above. Thanks guys.

1darklord
08-08-2011, 04:13 PM
Fantastic, I'll have to give it a go, thanks for this. :)

Daniel.

fillyra
08-08-2011, 06:35 PM
Doh, Belcanzor i had noticed same thing and already modified my files 5 mins ago lol but thanks. I also removed the remaining rus_quest files because it cause some quests to have blank text.

Yeah google had done the spaces to all translation so you can guess there was thousands of those to remove, glad "replace" exists :D

Daniel: Yes all quests are in English but some needs better gramar hehe.

Uploaded v1.4 with minor changes and the above. Thanks guys.

If you can I and Glor have manually translated files that you can include in lieu of google translated files posted in the Red Sands thread. I'm not sure if Blade has posted his files or not but you can ask him.

Specifically: http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpost.php?p=304180&postcount=91
and http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpost.php?p=299768&postcount=74

I'll continue to translate and post updates in both threads on my part. It's a bit slow though lol.

grimeleven
08-09-2011, 02:18 AM
Awesome!.. but i had error come up when i copied Glorfindel1982 files into my folder.

"error on game launch (label hash duplicate found) Abort/Ignore"

I found the cause reporting here because someone else might have this issue.

Using regular Notepad, it won't show where are paragraphs separated. Example i had
chat_system_134490048_snap_0_question=^?^Long ago, in those times that even gray-haired aged people can't recall, elves and dwarves weren't at emnity.
There even was a alliance between the two peoples. They fought side by side

"There even" was the start of a paragraph and so is detected as a game function that needed something like "chat_system_XXXX", it caused an error on game launch.
So i use Notepad2 for that, it shows numbers for each paragraph so i was able to remove the extra spaces and separate each sentence into paragraphs that begins with "chat_system_".

So i ended up fixing 23 of his files removing several spaces to arrange the paragraphs. Now game starts normally.

Uploaded version 1.5 with those files N'Joy!

grimeleven
08-09-2011, 06:08 AM
Not translation related but in the process i heard saboteurs were bugged.. so i fixed em here http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpost.php?p=321585&postcount=103

Or attachment

Belcanzor
08-09-2011, 09:17 AM
How fast move this now!
Thanks for the updates!

ckdamascus
08-11-2011, 11:34 AM
Thanks guys! I really appreciate the effort!

hasim
08-13-2011, 08:50 AM
Thanks to everyone for their amazing work!
What should I download in order to enjoy this? There are files all over the place and I would rather I did not make any mistakes. Also, in what order should I extract/use them please?

grimeleven
08-13-2011, 07:18 PM
There is a limit of 5 files max per post so i can't put em in one place, i will have more fixes for the mod itself soon. I found more bugs and it will be a hassle to upload every new file that i fixed, i might just package em all in a .zip soon enough.

But since it already has rus_* files you should instead delete/rename "other" "rus_chat" "rus_quest" then as it says in the read-me, extract the folders into \Kings Bounty Armored Princess\sessions\red_sands\localization\rus\

I will update this description.

Sederien
08-14-2011, 01:49 PM
grimeleven, thanks for your work on this.

Quick question:

Your first post links to Red Sands version 1.1, yet it would seem on that Red Sands is version 1.3 (http://kingsbounty.ru/test/red_sands/red_sands_setup_1.3_full.exe). (Also seems to be a 1.4 version coming out... o.O)

How much of the translation effort do we think can carry over to the bug fixed version? :confused:

ADDENDUM:

Apparently http://kingsbounty.ru/test/red_sands/red_sands_setup_1.3_light.exe is the "upgrade" file from version 1.0, 1.1, and 1.2 to 1.3 Red Sands. Sadly, I'd bet on the language files being completely changed regardless. ><

grimeleven
08-14-2011, 11:56 PM
Ah thanks for pointing this out, turns out most of my work can be saved, i had to modify dozens of files with the added text into their patch changes but ican't be sure i have gotten em all. Chat, quests are not checked yet.

I just released v1.6 which works fine with Red Sands 1.3, using it myself with my existing savegame, tho they say on forum it might have some weirds effects, we shall see if it's stable.

N' joy :cool:

XG_Man
08-15-2011, 08:49 AM
Nice going for the mod.

Now I can't figure out why the raven isn't giving me wanderer scrolls anymore. It's just not eating the thorn sprouts.

Fatt_Shade
08-20-2011, 12:08 PM
Ok i need a little help ppl. I reinstaled KBAP and KBCW get patch 1.3.1 and instaled red sands and now i cant load my od save games from before (i had nice playthrough with mage). Any idea how to get it working again ?

Belcanzor
08-20-2011, 04:28 PM
Conditions?
Is a save from Red Sands?
Are the translation files installed correctly?
The path of save and or game are the same?

Fatt_Shade
08-20-2011, 06:45 PM
It`s red sands save files 3 of them, i dl new translated files form this tread and replaced old rus_chat with eng_chat. And save games exist in my savegame folde with other i can load like adventure mod, orcs on the march etc, i only cant load this 3 save from red sands. i can play mod but i have to start new game.

grimeleven
08-20-2011, 08:57 PM
It`s red sands save files 3 of them, i dl new translated files form this tread and replaced old rus_chat with eng_chat. And save games exist in my savegame folde with other i can load like adventure mod, orcs on the march etc, i only cant load this 3 save from red sands. i can play mod but i have to start new game.

Maybe you had Red Sands 1.1, and a bug might have made those saves incompatible with 1.3? if that's the version you have i don't know. I'm sure you know how it works but the Red Sands campaign is loaded on the main screen right? the custom background. I tried renaming one of my save game and it still works so hmmm

Another thing to check, use save game scanner on 1 of those saves that cannot load, the result folder there is a file saveinfo.txt and inside it should say " {A}{session} = {addon/red_sands}". Other than that i could check the problem remotely.

Fatt_Shade
08-20-2011, 10:19 PM
No the crazy thing is that i have 2 more save files from before unistaling and they both work, but both are on first island. I was just trying something with warrior and paladin heroes, but decided to play mage and started game got to 38 lvl and those save files doesnt work. Weird :-(

Belcanzor
08-21-2011, 02:25 AM
Yup, scary.
No clues here. Sorry.

ShadowTek
09-21-2011, 09:07 PM
Hmm.. with red sands 1.3 installed, and this translation, the game seems to be unplayable, not the fault of the translation, but I get a buch of errors when in combat :( Not sure if I need to reinstall or something.

EDIT.. Nevermind, it was my fault :/

prusi666
09-30-2011, 02:23 PM
i have a problem with unpacking kfs files. i have a russian version of a game and when trying to unpack i have "can not open output file"

onepiece
10-15-2011, 06:51 PM
Wanted to know if the translation is more complete now, since it has been a long time since your last release

athalay
10-21-2011, 04:33 PM
Hi there,

I have a problem with this mod, after I installed, the game recognizes it, however everything has a name in brackets like: [cp_whatever_8495893859].

I thought I put the language files into a wrong directory. Now it is ..\sessions\mods\red_sands\localizations\eng\ and here I have other and two additional dir. Is that the correct path?

Also, when extracting the two .kfs files, should I keep them in their dir system under \red_sands\xyz folders?

Ty,
A.

Fatt_Shade
10-21-2011, 07:05 PM
If you keep .kfs files in folder where you extracted them it could make problems for you because game read all fies in sessions folder. I think you should remove them completely from game folder after extracting. Try that but dont delete them, just cut to other location outside game and then start game to see what happenes.

balder1980
10-21-2011, 10:48 PM
The game still crashes when the Orc Saboteur's turn comes up. I've installed the bug fix by replacing the original "addon_special_attacks.lua" file with the corrected one. I've also looked for any "cloañking" characters within the file and there are none. However, the game still crashes.

Do I have to start a new game after making the bug fixes before they start working? I hope not.

Belcanzor
10-26-2011, 07:00 PM
Game dont crash. Just ALT+TAB and close the windows that say something about wrong sentence. And continue playing.
Fix dont work for me too. Maybe in RedSands 1.4 they fix, but the new release still in russian.

Tianx
11-02-2011, 03:57 PM
Game dont crash. Just ALT+TAB and close the windows that say something about wrong sentence. And continue playing.
Fix dont work for me too. Maybe in RedSands 1.4 they fix, but the new release still in russian.

The crash happened to me once. I believe it was with Orc Tracker and his summoned pet. Maybe that will isolate the problem for these modders who plan to fix the problem.

On the side note, does anyone have a complete list of newly added units and items? It's surprising and frustrating to play the game over and over not knowing if you have seen all the new additions.

Smitfraud
11-03-2011, 04:19 PM
First of all I would like to dispose big thanks for the nice work on this amazing mod :) There are so many things to discover and the new units are outstanding.

But the little problem concerning the orc saboteur occured in my sessions as well

Unfortunately, the only window appearing is the one saying "King's Bounty... does not work any more..." (Windows 7) and I am not able to continue playing. I tried to solve the problem by using all of the given hints and replaced the "addon_special_attacks.lua" but nothing works. Whenever it's the orc saboteur's turn, the game crashes.
Is there a way to "remove" the unit from the game? The only solution so far would be to avoid any fights with groups containing the saboteur but that is unsatisfying.

Thank you in advance

Loistian
11-03-2011, 07:33 PM
First of all I would like to dispose big thanks for the nice work on this amazing mod :) There are so many things to discover and the new units are outstanding.

But the little problem concerning the orc saboteur occured in my sessions as well

Unfortunately, the only window appearing is the one saying "King's Bounty... does not work any more..." (Windows 7) and I am not able to continue playing. I tried to solve the problem by using all of the given hints and replaced the "addon_special_attacks.lua" but nothing works. Whenever it's the orc saboteur's turn, the game crashes.
Is there a way to "remove" the unit from the game? The only solution so far would be to avoid any fights with groups containing the saboteur but that is unsatisfying.

Thank you in advance

I used the "orc_hunter.atom" file as "orc_saboteur.atom" so Orc Saboteurs are Orc Hunters ingame. Thats no nice solution but ONE missing new unit is a loss which is bearable.

Smitfraud
11-03-2011, 08:26 PM
That is one fine idea and it works perfectly. Thanks a lot :)
So much better than avoiding fights and I did not use them in my own army till now, so it does not matter, that they are missing ;)

balder1980
11-09-2011, 03:06 PM
@Loistan, your "fix" worked. Thanks a lot.
Now I can finally continue the campaign.

Loistian
11-14-2011, 11:45 AM
I have a little question:
Im stuck with the "Iridium Chainsaw"-quest. These items are in my backpack:
http://share.cherrytree.at/showfile-4515/quest2.png and my quest log looks like this:
http://share.cherrytree.at/showfile-4518/quest1.jpg
I still need one item and dont know where to look, can anybody help me out?
(Its not the item from elon, since i already have a chain. I suppose the quest log entries got mixed up during translation or something)

Fatt_Shade
11-14-2011, 12:26 PM
@Loistian Im not sure i remember right about this but you need this item `heroitem_red_sands_quest_pila` , go to game\sessions\red_sands\interface_textures to see what it is. In game i think it`s in Verona in that new cave right from place new companion appears. You go there then dig, and when find nothing go to tavern (beer quest), and ask there if some1 found something in nearby cave.
That new quest is real pain in ass, you need to run around all islands like idiot for little things, so it`s hard to remember all points, but as you say something in translation is mixed (try new 1.3 red_sands form original tread, and then apply grimelevens translation for that version it`s ok there i think but i already finished that quest before upgrading to 1.3 so i`m not sure). Have fun :-)

Fatt_Shade
11-14-2011, 12:41 PM
Problem of my own : i play red_sands_extreme mod and i upgraded it to 1.3 red_sands regular, then took 1.6 translated version for that upgrade and in game are alot of bugs :-( Since already started game in RSE and then red sands 1.3 deleted almost all files for that mod while upgrading :-( stupid move from me, but i didnt really think what i was doing).
It`s not problem to copy files from RSE here , but i did some changes myself (unit exp up to 15 lvl, bonus stats with lvling up units changed, medals, skills, . . . )
So i ask is there some list of changed things in Red_sands 1.3 so i know what i need to copy and what to leave as it is.

Post thought for all moders look this tread : http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?p=360976#post360976
It`s for KB-tL but there are some great ideas in it, for KB-AP, KB-CW also, so check it out ppl :-)

Loistian
11-14-2011, 05:29 PM
@Fatt Shade
Thank you, i found the missing item in montero (AFTER i looked after it in five other islands >.<).

impy
12-04-2011, 12:10 PM
helloo,

link to 1.3 red sands download from russian source does not seem to work anymore.
Can anyone post a valid link please?

ShadowTek
12-05-2011, 04:42 PM
Post thought for all moders look this tread : http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?p=360976#post360976
It`s for KB-tL but there are some great ideas in it, for KB-AP, KB-CW also, so check it out ppl :-)

Just checked it, wow looks like one hell of a mod!!

fillyra
12-11-2011, 12:16 AM
I updated this for Red Sands 1.6 on http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=23322

I haven't seen any activity from original poster lately so I'm not sure if he's still monitoring this thread. If anything comes up regarding the translation, for now, post in the Red Sands thread above and I'll see what I can do.

Darkeonz
12-11-2011, 11:19 AM
I'm interested in trying this. But I've bought king's bounty through Steam. Will this be an issue?

fillyra
12-11-2011, 03:56 PM
I'm interested in trying this. But I've bought king's bounty through Steam. Will this be an issue?

No, but the instructions from the OP will only work to an extent (there is no Red Sands 1.3 anymore).

I updated the original thread (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=23322) with a slightly simpler method and included in what directory Red Sands is in as a steam user since I use the steam version as well.