Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Crossworlds > Mods

Mods King's Bounty: Crossworlds Mods

Old 06-02-2011, 08:57 AM
Approved Member

Smile Red Sands English translated

Warning this is not a perfect thanslation so yes there is a LOT of grammar errors and such i used Google Translate. I tried to fix some but there is so much one man can do.

Hello fans of KB!
I wanted to try out this mod asap so i went and tried again to translate, i sorted out the lua errors. It took me roughly 7-8 hours to complete.

Now almost complete!
Content translated
Units: Yes
Spells: Yes
Items: Yes
Hero Screen: Yes
Skills: Yes
Maps: Yes
Quests: Yes
Chat Text: Yes

With Google and text parts from retail copy of Crossworlds, i managed to get something decent that i'm sure players will get their way around playing without a perfect english interface.

English is not my main and i don't even know a single word of russian so enjoy this "preview" and besides i take no credit in the mod.

I created a new thread because it would be easier to find this post but i know there are people already working on translating, i'm sure it will be better but while waiting for a proper, we can play... a lot

Thanks to all the authors
Thanks for translation from: langtu87, Glorfindel1982, fillyra

Grimeleven

Official Download link for those who do not have the mod, Now updated for version 1.3: http://kingsbounty.ru/test/red_sands...p_1.3_full.exe

Instructions:

1- Install red_sands_setup_1.3_full, navigate to "Kings Bounty Armored Princess\sessions\red_sands\" open "red_sands_data.kfs" with WinRar and extract it's content into that folder, do the same with the file "red_sands_ses.kfs" and then delete those 2 *.kfs files.
2- Copy the translation folder "eng" into "\Kings Bounty Armored Princess\sessions\red_sands\localization"
3- Rename/Delete the folder "rus" in that folder.

Code:
Version 1.2 Update Aug 4: Fixes hundreds of entries in "units_features", "units_specials" now translated from CW files, 75% done with better english now and with typos fixed only unit skills which could crash the game. Applied "langtu87" translated files (chat, quests). Replace all folders from the archive.
Version 1.3 Update Aug 7: Full exact translation (from retail game) of the following: Items, Hero info, rewards, skills, spells, units, units features.
Version 1.4 Update Aug 8: rus files removal, fixes empty quest log, Minor typo fixes on spells and units.
Version 1.5 Update Aug 8: Added translated chat, quests from Glorfindel and fillyra, Fix: map, units, familliar, spells, skills.
Version 1.6 Update Aug 14: Tested for compatibility on Red Sands v1.3>>> YES, More fixes on most of the language files except chat and quest.
Saboteurs fix: http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpos...&postcount=103
Demons Ball of rage crash fix: http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpos...&postcount=107
ToDo: More work on Red Sands custom stuff.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg kb 2011-08-07 20-43-04-69.jpg (651.6 KB, 285 views)
File Type: jpg kb 2011-08-07 20-43-24-03.jpg (1,007.9 KB, 262 views)
File Type: jpg kb 2011-08-07 21-01-43-63.jpg (826.4 KB, 228 views)
File Type: jpg kb 2011-08-08 22-06-30-62.jpg (1.01 MB, 224 views)
Attached Files
File Type: zip Red Sands English1.6.zip (620.0 KB, 1031 views)

Last edited by grimeleven; 08-15-2011 at 12:02 AM.
Old 06-02-2011, 06:33 PM
Approved Member

Nice! I'll take a look at it sometime soon and check out your work.
Old 06-06-2011, 01:39 PM
Approved Member

Just to double check, if the quest have not been translated, it means that we won't be able to complete them as we have not idea what it is right?

Either way, thanks for translating the rest of it!
Old 06-07-2011, 12:53 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinjiikuri View Post
Just to double check, if the quest have not been translated, it means that we won't be able to complete them as we have not idea what it is right?

Either way, thanks for translating the rest of it!
I believe you can still do them, it just shows up as some strange code like [quest3941843814][system34931481498932]. However, it also does not seem to show any detail for the quest itself.

I believe you can complete them if you remember the original game dialogue well enough.

If you do not, then it becomes difficult to complete them.
Old 06-30-2011, 06:21 PM
Approved Member

I'll take a look but I think it will be less interesting when you can't understand the quest text and dialogues. After all, they make up much of the content in a game like this.

EDIT: Tried it but I get a lot of errors about missing labels on the units. Where exactly should I install the original mod and your files?

Last edited by gimpz; 06-30-2011 at 06:57 PM.
Old 06-30-2011, 07:28 PM
Approved Member

in sessions/red_sands/locations you should make a new folder "rus" (without the "). In this folder make a "other" folder and here you copy all of the translation files.
complete: sessions/rend_sands/locations/rus/other

The orignal mod should be below Kings Bounty Armored Princess/Sessions

Last edited by sdshadow; 06-30-2011 at 07:31 PM.
Old 07-01-2011, 05:37 AM
Approved Member

Thanks for the help. I tried playing a little but I don't think this is playable yet. There is no info on the quest you get from the Sorcerer's Stone so you don't really know what to do and the mage in the tower has a lot of missing dialogue. I think I'll wait

It was funny that they tried to fool you to quit the game with ALT+F4. I almost fell for it but caught myself when I realized what it was.
Old 07-07-2011, 07:02 PM
Registered Member

do you have version that works in 1.3 especialy when fighting orc saboteurs?
Old 07-07-2011, 08:11 PM
Approved Member

Orc saboteurs are making problems with all game, no matter what patch is it.
sdshadow have same problem with them, me also and i think other ppl have it too. So far no explanation from mod developers considering saboteurs
Try to kill them with aoe dmg spells, so far i figured out that any direct targeting spell (fire arrow, poison skull, blind, fear . . .) make game crash, but aoe spells hitting them work ok. So get some high initiative unit, and attack them that way and hope to kill all stack before they get their turn.

Last edited by Fatt_Shade; 07-07-2011 at 08:16 PM.
Old 07-11-2011, 12:19 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatt_Shade View Post
Orc saboteurs are making problems with all game, no matter what patch is it.
This is incorrect. You ought to have the 1.3.1 patch installed and game version should be 6170.