PDA

View Full Version : ATAG Dedicated Server is up!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

ATAG_Bliss
04-11-2011, 04:56 PM
Hi all.

Our server is now up. This is a full realism (minus 2 handed controls) server that is set to host 128 players.

Server hardware:

-Two Intel Xeon X5690 processors (twelve physical 3.46ghz cores on QPI + hyperthreading + turbo->3.73ghz)
-48 GB registered DDR3 ECC memory
-10gbps upload/download all fiber network

It also keeps ATAG members warm in the winter!

FS~Phat - eat your heart out :D:D

We have now switched to an unlimited slot TS3 server that everyone is welcome to use. If anyone would like their own private/public squad channels, let me know ;) Never fly alone. Grab a wingman and fly tactically!

TS3 IP: 216.52.148.29:9987

IL2COD Direct connect IP: 216.52.148.29:27016

Cheers!

doghous3
04-11-2011, 05:16 PM
Nice.. drools over the thought of 128 players.. Dog-fight heaven!

Until you find a mission replacement, I can add various bomber objectives (so you guy's dont' feel left out). Someone would have to test those as it would probably take me 20 goes to land a bomb in the right place, lol.

Currently adding a fuel truck convey - with a destination to a fuel yard (big boom - nice find to the guy who posted about that in a thread).

I'll look into getting trains working too, as another objective.

Ships could be another tasty objective.

I'm intent on working out how to allow players to re-arm/fuel and will add that if possible - not sure about repair.

Any suggestions welcome, or any problems, I'd be happy to tweak away.

I'll update the mission briefing's to give co-ordinates for the bomber objectives (eg. E4 - Truck convoy heading south to fuel depot at E6)

David198502
04-11-2011, 05:30 PM
i get all the time the "time out" message.dont know what im doing wrong.
i just cannot connect.and when i quit the game, my internet doesnt work anymore!???

Riksen
04-11-2011, 06:51 PM
Nice Bliss.. im sure going to give it a try!
Thxs for ur trouble and certainly if it is as good as the previous one, it is going to rock! :grin:

ATAG_Bliss
04-11-2011, 07:22 PM
Nice.. drools over the thought of 128 players.. Dog-fight heaven!

Until you find a mission replacement, I can add various bomber objectives (so you guy's dont' feel left out). Someone would have to test those as it would probably take me 20 goes to land a bomb in the right place, lol.

Currently adding a fuel truck convey - with a destination to a fuel yard (big boom - nice find to the guy who posted about that in a thread).

I'll look into getting trains working too, as another objective.

Ships could be another tasty objective.

I'm intent on working out how to allow players to re-arm/fuel and will add that if possible - not sure about repair.

Any suggestions welcome, or any problems, I'd be happy to tweak away.

I'll update the mission briefing's to give co-ordinates for the bomber objectives (eg. E4 - Truck convoy heading south to fuel depot at E6)

Wow that is awesome. I can't thank you enough for taking the time to do this. Btw, go hog wild with it, ships/objectives/tanks/AI planes etc. (all sorts of objectives and stuff for bomber guys) With MP being very, erhhmm.., basic for the dedicated part, we might as well go all out and see how good the present software with the game is.

Trust me, the server will handle anything you throw at it. Let's see how the game engine does :)

i get all the time the "time out" message.dont know what im doing wrong.
i just cannot connect.and when i quit the game, my internet doesnt work anymore!???

Hi David,

Did you ever get that sorted?

Nice Bliss.. im sure going to give it a try!
Thxs for ur trouble and certainly if it is as good as the previous one, it is going to rock! :grin:

Thanks Riksen :)

We hope so mate! Still the early days of the game let alone MP, but I think it's going be quite amazing in a few months.

Don't forget to hop on coms :P

doghous3
04-11-2011, 08:10 PM
Ok cool, and it's np; it's fun to do. Be nice to have some documentation though, but devs are notoriously bad for keeping any, so will have to trial an error a few things I suspect.

There is an immediate issue though. TIME - I'll look into it, but as time does what it does, and the server is 24/7, there will be several hours of pure darkness; like now. There are spot-light objects, which is fine for airfields, but dog-fights over the Channel.. lol.

But there's always a way!

Anyway, might be a good idea to time a server restart so that it's light for the peak time of the server; which I'm sure you can gleam from server statistics. I'll adjust mission start time to 4am (dawn, but light enough).

Thee_oddball
04-11-2011, 09:09 PM
Trust me, the server will handle anything you throw at it. Let's see how the game engine does :)

Remeber SYN that your server maybe able to handle it but not everyones PC will be able to handle the strain causing lag.

you might want to run lean and clean and slowly add objects to find a happy medium.

S!

Ataros
04-11-2011, 09:35 PM
To set server to constant time try putting TIMECONSTANT 1 right after time in your mission file:

--------------
[PARTS]
core.100
bob.100
[MAIN]
MAP Land$Online_Carrier_War
BattleArea 150000 100000 100000 150000 1000
TIME 12
TIMECONSTANT 1
WeatherIndex 0
CloudsHeight 1000
BreezeActivity 10
ThermalActivity 10
[GlobalWind_0]
---------

I am not sure it works just read it at sukhoi.ru forums.

Hooves
04-11-2011, 11:19 PM
ok Im in the server but cant do anything but pick my plane and such. there is no Fly now or start or anything like that. what am I doing wrong. I even see 2 players in the server list.

Ok I found it but when I hit fly it crashed :(

ATAG_Bliss
04-12-2011, 08:12 AM
Remeber SYN that your server maybe able to handle it but not everyones PC will be able to handle the strain causing lag.

you might want to run lean and clean and slowly add objects to find a happy medium.

S!

I agree with you, but I don't think that excess ground objects and AI are going to put much more strain on your system. At least with IL2 of old, only if you went really crazy and tried to group 1000 tanks together did it cause slow downs. I hope that the server will be handing all the calculations for any sort of AI (planes, tanks, ships) so the only additional detail would be more objects to load. But in the early stages of the game, it would be nice to see just how much you can put in before it effects clients.

We'll just have to wait and see I guess :)

Ok cool, and it's np; it's fun to do. Be nice to have some documentation though, but devs are notoriously bad for keeping any, so will have to trial an error a few things I suspect.

There is an immediate issue though. TIME - I'll look into it, but as time does what it does, and the server is 24/7, there will be several hours of pure darkness; like now. There are spot-light objects, which is fine for airfields, but dog-fights over the Channel.. lol.

But there's always a way!

Anyway, might be a good idea to time a server restart so that it's light for the peak time of the server; which I'm sure you can gleam from server statistics. I'll adjust mission start time to 4am (dawn, but light enough).

Awesome. Looking forward to it :grin:

To set server to constant time try putting TIMECONSTANT 1 right after time in your mission file:

--------------
[PARTS]
core.100
bob.100
[MAIN]
MAP Land$Online_Carrier_War
BattleArea 150000 100000 100000 150000 1000
TIME 12
TIMECONSTANT 1
WeatherIndex 0
CloudsHeight 1000
BreezeActivity 10
ThermalActivity 10
[GlobalWind_0]
---------

I am not sure it works just read it at sukhoi.ru forums.

Thanks for this. We'll try it!

ok Im in the server but cant do anything but pick my plane and such. there is no Fly now or start or anything like that. what am I doing wrong. I even see 2 players in the server list.

Ok I found it but when I hit fly it crashed :(

Did you get it to work?

//////

On another note: The dedi software seems pretty good as far as stability. I read some of the people hosting and playing from the same machine were reporting crashes. But so far, the dedicated software hasn't skipped a beat.

Also, it appears the dedi software can be ran without the use of steam. This is good news as I think it could be incorporated into Hyperlobby quite easily :grin:

But hosting from the GUI/in game still obviously needs steam.

Ataros
04-12-2011, 09:01 AM
On another note: The dedi software seems pretty good as far as stability. I read some of the people hosting and playing from the same machine were reporting crashes. But so far, the dedicated software hasn't skipped a beat.

Where is it possible to get the dedi software? I now some people who would want to put more servers up but the regular version with "-server" parameter is not stable enough.

ATAG_Bliss
04-12-2011, 09:13 AM
Where is it possible to get the dedi software? I now some people who would want to put more servers up but the regular version with "-server" parameter is not stable enough.

The dedi software is included in the game install. If you use the "-server" option in the steam launch properties, the only thing that runs when you start IL2CoD is a dos window (aka the dedicated server software).

I think the instability is happening when you create your own server through the game GUI which is no different than starting the game with all the graphics, etc.

But so far, the dedi software hasn't crashed or had a hickup yet. (Going on 24hours now) And the same map has gone from day to night and back to day again. Another thing, our server is running Windows Server 2008. Perhaps the server OS helps with the stability?

Sauf
04-12-2011, 10:08 AM
Any luck with the time settings Bliss? Has been night both times I've connected, and though I've managed to find England (I think) I cant find anything to shoot at. :)

ATAG_Bliss
04-12-2011, 10:52 AM
Hi Sauf

I think they are working on it. I can't remotely connect with my terrible bandwidth. But this thread is for the current mission designed by doghous3: http://syndicatesquadron.com/forum/showthread.php?274-Battle-of-Britain-trial-mission&p=1638#post1638

Sauf
04-12-2011, 10:54 AM
S` and thx for the server

Ataros
04-12-2011, 11:53 AM
I think it could be useful to copy here:

To join direct connect servers quickly go to Steam -> Servers -> Favorite and add all direct connect servers by their IP. They do not show up for me in Steam however, but show up ingame. You do not have to quit the game to do so.

Go back to game and in browser select Favorites. They show up almost instantly and you can check settings, players etc. from the browser.

Blackrat
04-12-2011, 01:53 PM
Any luck with the time settings Bliss? Has been night both times I've connected, and though I've managed to find England (I think) I cant find anything to shoot at. :)

tried the timeconstant 1 command, but only time will tell if it works :grin:

David198502
04-12-2011, 02:08 PM
well i connected two times to another server sucessfully.but that took me several tries as well.and after some minutes of playing the host left the game.but those were not full real servers which is im looking for.

Riksen
04-12-2011, 02:12 PM
Made to the server.... nice job. However, somehow my Joystick bugs as soon as i take off online... it just stops working all together. What is even funnier is that it works fine offline.....:confused:

doghous3
04-12-2011, 02:12 PM
Updated the mission file. See attached.

Various bomber objectives, over sea and land. Objectives are giving in the spawn point description.

I'm still working on a few things which I'll hopefully get sorted:

Interception missions: AI bomber squad spawns and flies between waypoints, hopefully can make such repeatable every 1hr, for example.

Rearm/fuel at airfield's.

Respawn destructable objects.

Add extra objectives.

(no guarantee on stuff though, will see.)

NB.. did not add timeconstant to .mis file.. soz.

Open to suggestions too of course.

Blackrat
04-12-2011, 02:26 PM
Cheers Doghouse, its on the server, will get it running hopefully before the evening starts in Europe, added the Timeconstant command :-)

Testing on my home version and error when launching the mission No map in mission file, the 128Bob.mis works fine

MadTommy
04-12-2011, 02:40 PM
Bliss et al at Syndicate.. thank you very much!! Love the server with it's realism settings.

I just had my 1st proper MP flight in IL2 (any of them) and enjoyed it immensely!

2 Kills and flew home to boast about it! :grin: One Bomber & one 109, i was flying a Hurricane.

1st ever kill in IL2 series in MP!
http://img814.imageshack.us/img814/9925/shot2011041215053775.jpg

There was however some weird shit going on... a lot of planes i started chasing simply vanished. ( i assumed folks dissconnecting, but there was a lot of them)

And twice i thought i was chasing a plane.. only to be passed at supersonic speed by what looked like a pilot without a plane!! Really weird..

Anyway, good fun thanks for your server!

Blackrat
04-12-2011, 02:53 PM
Nice one Tommy and congrats on the kill.

Expect a few glitches until we iron this all out, as for the pilot without a plane, that was the Syndicate goat, you will get used to him ;)

doghous3
04-12-2011, 02:56 PM
German bomber spawn area fixed where planes would spawn in buildings and get destroyed.

Best update it, again. Sorry.

v1.2

Blackrat
04-12-2011, 03:43 PM
German bomber spawn area fixed where planes would spawn in buildings and get destroyed.

Best update it, again. Sorry.

v1.2

NP, tried this and got errors

net replicate : time : 0.000

and so on, also lots of people crashing on start up

doghous3
04-12-2011, 04:01 PM
hmm. I have been testing the map (locked MP server) before submitting.

Haven't a clue what that message could mean. I wonder if it's because the constant time, and the fact some AI objects are on a time delay..

I've signed up to your forum btw. Perhaps keep issues to your forum so we have one place to check and update. :)

Blackrat
04-12-2011, 04:02 PM
hmm. I have been testing the map (locked MP server) before submitting.

Haven't a clue what that message could mean. I wonder if it's because the constant time, and the fact some AI objects are on a time delay..

I've signed up to your forum btw. Perhaps keep issues to your forum so we have one place to check and update. :)

Okay, just replied on our forum see you there :)

mcler002
04-12-2011, 04:18 PM
Bliss et al at Syndicate.. thank you very much!! Love the server with it's realism settings.

I just had my 1st proper MP flight in IL2 (any of them) and enjoyed it immensely!

2 Kills and flew home to boast about it! :grin: One Bomber & one 109, i was flying a Hurricane.

1st ever kill in IL2 series in MP!
http://img814.imageshack.us/img814/9925/shot2011041215053775.jpg

There was however some weird shit going on... a lot of planes i started chasing simply vanished. ( i assumed folks dissconnecting, but there was a lot of them)

And twice i thought i was chasing a plane.. only to be passed at supersonic speed by what looked like a pilot without a plane!! Really weird..

Anyway, good fun thanks for your server!

hey mate

real kill or AI?

i had an AI earlier... wasnt happy, fort it was human :(

BlackbusheFlyer
04-12-2011, 06:02 PM
Please could you turn off the headshake effect, I wouldn't mind if it was a realistic effect but it is way over the top and plain wrong, to be honest it is a bit gimicky.

Blackrat
04-12-2011, 06:19 PM
Please could you turn off the headshake effect, I wouldn't mind if it was a realistic effect but it is way over the top and plain wrong, to be honest it is a bit gimicky.

Yep, we already worked that one out, it should be off now.

MadTommy
04-12-2011, 06:29 PM
hey mate

real kill or AI?

i had an AI earlier... wasnt happy, fort it was human :(

Not 100% sure about the bomber.. think it was human, the 109 defiantly was.. as he went into a spin twice trying to avoid my guns. Clearly a novice like me.. but it counts!

Ataros
04-12-2011, 10:15 PM
Yep, we already worked that one out, it should be off now.

Thanks for a great server! Had a lot of fun there today. There were as many as 20 people sometimes I think.

Can we have some ships put into mission in the middle of the channel and give fighters objectives to protect them. This way we can meet each other easier. The map is huge for 10 - 20 ppl atm.

Another thought is that Spit IIa is better than 109 in both power and turn rate historically iirc and ingame. Therefore 109 can not neither outclimb, nor outrun, nor outturn this opponent. Maybe we should limit availability to Spit Ia only. It has turn advantage but 109 would have speed advantage. Let's do some tests.

15JG52_Brauer
04-12-2011, 10:19 PM
Joined for enough time to get my 109 up to 7.5k (none of the judders other Emil jockeys are reporting - though I think those occur after you over rev the engine - like a holed piston or something puts the engine out of balance) got to a max of 7.6k and saw some nice flak over England before the server went down :-( Not much boost up there (o.8 ATA)

Hooves
04-13-2011, 10:26 AM
Just tried to out and once I got the Advanced engine controls down on the 110 I had a blast!!!! ty for the server Im telling everyone Iknow to get the gmae early from just flight as Im in the states. hope to see you guys in there. By the way I fly on skies of fire ts

plokkum
04-13-2011, 12:09 PM
It's down, isn't it?

Dores
04-13-2011, 12:18 PM
Thanks for a great server! Had a lot of fun there today. There were as many as 20 people sometimes I think.

Can we have some ships put into mission in the middle of the channel and give fighters objectives to protect them. This way we can meet each other easier. The map is huge for 10 - 20 ppl atm.

Another thought is that Spit IIa is better than 109 in both power and turn rate historically iirc and ingame. Therefore 109 can not neither outclimb, nor outrun, nor outturn this opponent. Maybe we should limit availability to Spit Ia only. It has turn advantage but 109 would have speed advantage. Let's do some tests.

Ships in the channel would be awesome.

Blackrat
04-13-2011, 12:25 PM
back up again, blasted thing keeps shutting itself down. The hardware and server are fine, Rise of flight server is ticking along fine, just the CLOD server keeps closing down with an error in fact it doesn't close down, it just stops the connection by the look of it I have to manually stop the battle. So whoever is typing in \ please don't :-P

Can't use keys or values with a \

What that means I don't know.

plokkum
04-13-2011, 12:45 PM
The wrinkles will get ironed out. Thanks for hosting this wonderful server!

doghous3
04-13-2011, 01:10 PM
Ships in the channel would be awesome.

There are ships in the channel already (v1.3). I could put some in the centre, just as a point of reference and interest that might draw people together.

Limiting the choice to Ia is simple enough.

EDIT: I posted v1.4 to the Syn chaps -

Changes:

*Medium tankers placed in centre of English channel with intentions to focus some battles.
*Adjusted Northern Fighter spawn (along the South coast) so that you no longer spawn in hangers with closed doors.
*Updated Fighter Spawn description to give location of tankers in centre of channel.
*Removed Spitfire IIa for balancing reasons.

SYN_Jed
04-13-2011, 02:46 PM
http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/2673/clodbanner.jpg

Mingan
04-13-2011, 03:31 PM
Got one hangar with Stuka! Few minutes after that came connection timeout... :(

ATAG_Bliss
04-13-2011, 03:37 PM
Yeah, I think it's really buggy right now (along with everything else about the game ;) )

But I just checked the bandwidth usage and it's pushing around 8mbps of upload speed, so there must be a decent amount of people in there.

Are you able to reconnect?

ATAG_Bliss
04-13-2011, 03:41 PM
Not sure what's happening, but how do I actually start flying? I select army, move around the map to finally find an airfield that says Fighter spawn, select Bf 109 E-3, stuck with Fighter Stab, select my unit, go to plane, and configure my plane the way I want it, back to airfield/squad menu and select create, but nothing happens. Only tabs at the bottom are Exit, Start recording, Options, and Plane. Sorry, first time online in CoD and I'm completely lost!

Hi cheesehawk,

It sounds like you are doing everything correct minus one step. After you've selected your army, selected your airfield and setup your plane configuration, on the same menu for your plane then you have to scroll all the way down and there's a button that should be clickable called "create" If it's not clickable you've chosen a plane or field you can't spawn from. After hitting create you should immediately spawn.

Hope this helps.

PaulWF
04-13-2011, 04:01 PM
But I just checked the bandwidth usage and it's pushing around 8mbps of upload speed, so there must be a decent amount of people in there.

I noticed the default rate seems to be a typo, one extra zero. That could be responsible for the huge upstream usage.

I would expect it to be 10000 rather than 100000 if we're using similar metrics to IL2.

ATAG_Bliss
04-13-2011, 04:08 PM
I noticed the default rate seems to be a typo, one extra zero. That could be responsible for the huge upstream usage.

I would expect it to be 10000 rather than 100000 if we're using similar metrics to IL2.

We also have a ROF server. And I've seen bandwidth usage push well over 100mbps of upstream bandwidth with that game. (it likes it's bandwidth!)

I do have the config set according to the server - 1000000 (1gbps). Who knows how much bandwidth this may need with 128 players and AI. Better safe than sorry IMO.

PaulWF
04-13-2011, 04:10 PM
That setting used to refer to each client, not total bandwidth - did it not?

ATAG_Bliss
04-13-2011, 04:19 PM
That setting used to refer to each client, not total bandwidth - did it not?

Hmm, I thought the server ini (confs) refered to the dedicated server bandwidth limit, while the player config didn't matter or only mattered to in the clients config. Perhaps I'm wrong? It's been a while since we've had a dedi server for IL246.

Either way, I think as long as there's plenty of bandwidth available (even too much) it won't hurt anything. I guess we'll just have to wait and see!

PaulWF
04-13-2011, 04:43 PM
so long as your bwidth is free :)

ATAG_Bliss
04-13-2011, 04:52 PM
so long as you bwidth is free :)

Well it's not exactly free. But our monthly plan gives us 500 Terabytes of bandwidth a month. Gonna be hard to use all that :grin:

III/JG11_Simmox
04-13-2011, 05:25 PM

Yes.
as stated in leadfarmers server thread.the mk II is far too good for the 109 at the moment
leadfarmer limited his server to the mk I
much closer contest,but,even so,the 109 pilot still has to work hard to stay in the game.
mk I only would be a good compromise til performance is sorted out on the emil

really enjoying the server and appreciate it being open to the community
Salute

Blackrat
04-13-2011, 05:41 PM
Will be updating the server as soon as it crashes again :rolleyes:

plokkum
04-13-2011, 06:00 PM
That'd be now, right? :D

JG52Uther
04-14-2011, 08:04 PM
Tried it a couple of times tonight,but get a timeout after five minutes or so. :(

Blackrat
04-14-2011, 08:50 PM
its a bit sporadic, it was up for about 8 hours earlier, now its every hour :confused: its up now though

JG52Uther
04-14-2011, 09:28 PM
Yes just had a nice flight over to England and back on the server with no problems (except my crappy landing! )
Lets hope they sort multiplayer in a patch soon.

PAKSAO
04-14-2011, 11:43 PM
Errr we have just encounter a strange bug.
I was flying by the name "nusg" , and i have flying around 30minutes to conclude i cant see no one, so i ask around. And we, people who has played at the server agreed to meet at specific point(ships in the middle of channel at f6).

The result was we could not see each other, we could see only the friendlies. Like server/map not rendering enemies...

Ataros
04-15-2011, 12:04 AM
The result was we could not see each other, we could see only the friendlies. Like server/map not rendering enemies...

I feel this way every time I join the server :grin:

doghous3
04-15-2011, 02:54 AM
You know what. I've suspected something strange going on with the server's.

I've seen over 30, even 40 ppl actually on the server, yet actually saw very few if any; and it's like that most times.

I thought that myself, perhap's there's a sync issue related to CoD net code. Or something.

Maybe not. Just seems odd that a lot of the time I shan't even see team-mates.

Just seems too coincidental. *shrugs*

Thee_oddball
04-15-2011, 03:26 AM
its a bit sporadic, it was up for about 8 hours earlier, now its every hour :confused: its up now though
mine was up for almost 24 hours...then it crashed 5 times in 3 hours :( I find that it happens when it loses touch with the mother ship (steam) this needs tobe sorted out post haste...i am pretty sure its not steams fault or they would have gone under along time ago with this kind of inconsistency.

What we really need is for there Tobe an initial handshake between steam and the server and then some passive polling to check status and players.

S!

Thee_oddball
04-15-2011, 03:28 AM

are you using Viagra 2.0 net code? :mrgreen:

Blackrat
04-15-2011, 06:01 AM
are you using Viagra 2.0 net code? :mrgreen:

Only when it needs to be up for 24hrs ;)

Well we are closing steam down once the DOS box opens it doesn't seem to matter if it is or isn't running, its still random crashes.

JG11Fox
04-15-2011, 01:01 PM
Hi doghous3

I am a admin from KV13

Your Map 1.2 is running on our server, if he runs ;)

Can you give me a link to your map 1.4 ?

At this time we have no own maps and played at your card.

Greez Fox

doghous3
04-15-2011, 01:23 PM
Hey. Sure.

This is version 1_5a.

There should be improved spawn points for the map, and damaged planes from the airfields get removed after a short period.

I'll have to re-instate the convoy's (which were removed for testing purposes).

I'll try to remember to post updated mission for other's to use if they so wish as and when I do that.

JG11Fox
04-15-2011, 01:30 PM
Thanks a lot.

At this moment i take it to the server. If you know other cards, who run pretty, tell it to me ;)

If you will have a look at our server the ip is:

85.114.130.108:27016

At this time we look to have a stable server. But often he crash. The Time is set to 24 hours, but he has not run for 24 hours lol

Greez Fox

Dores
04-15-2011, 01:49 PM
Would it be an idea to reduce the number of spawn points? 10-20 players on that huge map only seems to result in lots of searching without finding each other. Maybe 1 fighter and 1 bomber spawn per side?

Thee_oddball
04-15-2011, 01:54 PM
Only when it needs to be up for 24hrs ;)

Well we are closing steam down once the DOS box opens it doesn't seem to matter if it is or isn't running, its still random crashes.

hmmmm do you think the game itself is phoning home?
the error report i get always points to the Launcher.exe I wonder if reinstalling .NET 4.O would help....

SYN_Flashman
04-15-2011, 01:55 PM
Would it be an idea to reduce the number of spawn points? 10-20 players on that huge map only seems to result in lots of searching without finding each other. Maybe 1 fighter and 1 bomber spawn per side?

Too many people spawning at one point means crashes and planes exploding on the ground, taxiing becomes a nightmare and all that.

Plus locating and stalking your enemy can be part of the fun! Though I do understand you desire for quick action. I suggest everyone should head to the ships in mid channel (visible from even 20,000 ft) so at least you are all loitering in the same bit of sky.

However at the moment MP is in its infancy and most people simply want to get the hang of MP and not have to worry constantly about being shot down when all you want to do is practice!

Once the MP system is improved, the game runs smoother and things start to work themselves out we will be introducing a variety of maps and missions catering for all sorts of mission styles. I intend to start producing missions (i made lots of the IL2 ones for the server we used to run) in the near future.... once I can get my game to run smoothly that is!

Blackrat
04-15-2011, 02:28 PM
hmmmm do you think the game itself is phoning home?
the error report i get always points to the Launcher.exe I wonder if reinstalling .NET 4.O would help....

I can see errors in the log files relating to being unable to connect to steam, I get no error messages when it crashes either.

MadTommy
04-15-2011, 02:34 PM
Too many people spawning at one point means crashes and planes exploding on the ground, taxiing becomes a nightmare and all that.

Plus locating and stalking your enemy can be part of the fun! Though I do understand you desire for quick action. I suggest everyone should head to the ships in mid channel (visible from even 20,000 ft) so at least you are all loitering in the same bit of sky.

However at the moment MP is in its infancy and most people simply want to get the hang of MP and not have to worry constantly about being shot down when all you want to do is practice!

Once the MP system is improved, the game runs smoother and things start to work themselves out we will be introducing a variety of maps and missions catering for all sorts of mission styles. I intend to start producing missions (i made lots of the IL2 ones for the server we used to run) in the near future.... once I can get my game to run smoothly that is!

I agree.. it also reduces people preying on people spawning in. If you just had one location folks would be drawn to it like flies to shit!

The hunt is where the fun is!

ATAG_Bliss
04-15-2011, 07:58 PM
Ok.. Server now has the beta patch!

Please post if you have any issues with invisible planes (from now on out) and please let us know how many players were on at the time if it does happen.

Thank you :)

Sauf
04-15-2011, 08:11 PM
Hi Bliss, server doesnt seem to be showing in server list and direct connect times out.

Cheers

Blackrat
04-15-2011, 08:20 PM
Hi Bliss, server doesnt seem to be showing in server list and direct connect times out.

Cheers

Showing here

Sauf
04-15-2011, 08:33 PM
Strange? Just restarted game and can see 12 servers active but still no SYN? Was in before and flew a sortie with the beta patch but since you patched the server it doesnt seem to show, will keep trying. thx

doghous3
04-15-2011, 08:36 PM
it's there.. didn't show at first. said 0/255 though.. and 255! (numbers need caps, lol)

Sauf
04-15-2011, 08:53 PM
yep showing now, all good

Thee_oddball
04-15-2011, 09:56 PM
I can see errors in the log files relating to being unable to connect to steam, I get no error messages when it crashes either.

funny thing was i was sitting here working on a map and out of the corner of my eye i saw a message pop up on the DOS window...i looked and it said "Goodbye!" and crashed..
I get an error window asking if i wish to report this (to MS) a reason and then a list of files it will copy to M$...ill see if i can find that report.

So far so Good , uninstalled the .NET 4.0 that the game installed and downloaded the client right from MS and the server has been running for 7+ hours perfectly :):)...but then again it could be just a fluke.

Jwam
04-15-2011, 10:46 PM
uninstalled the .NET 4.0 that the game installed and downloaded the client right from MS and the server has been running for 7+ hours perfectly :):)...but then again it could be just a fluke.

Good point ! I'm gonna test this as soon as my server crashes one more time. Do you get a Steam P2P error just before it does ?

Thee_oddball
04-15-2011, 11:10 PM
Good point ! I'm gonna test this as soon as my server crashes one more time. Do you get a Steam P2P error just before it does ?

I had those errors before i updated xp sp3 with the latest updates

Jwam
04-15-2011, 11:15 PM
I had those errors before i updated xp sp3 with the latest updates
OK thanks for everything. Mine is hosted on Server 2008 with latest updates. I may try installing XPsp3 if I can't solve it.

Hellbender
04-16-2011, 12:31 AM
Could we play a mission where it is more likely to meet an opponent. At the moment, BLUE starts deep in France and it is damn hard to find each other.

By moving both sides airbases to the coast the distance is shorter and also people know where to find each other: straight at the coast. Guarding the bases with AAA might prevent people from picking up planes taking off.

doghous3
04-16-2011, 01:06 AM
Not been in the FMB, but been planning to tweak the current mission this weekend and play with some scripts.

The trouble with the airfields on France are that they ain't (bar one) dead on the coast-line. I'll have a look at the lie of the land, and I could actually create an airfield, but that's tricky with no bulldozer function. Will have to see.

I can re-implement the convoy's for the bombers.

Didn't really get the chance to see about this 'not seeing people' thing, with the current server instability. Something seems odd about it as noted in another thread.

Sauf
04-16-2011, 03:51 AM
Server down again or is it just my pc again? Not showing in game server list?

Blackrat
04-16-2011, 06:00 AM
It went down again, <sigh>, looks like 1hr 50 ish is the most stable since I patched it.

Will look into the .net 4 as a possible issue our server is running server2008 too, will see what the experience is of others.

Reider
04-16-2011, 04:42 PM
Hi!

will this server go Patch 1.00.14072 ?

THX

btw i think server just crashed

c u in the battlefield

doghous3
04-16-2011, 05:58 PM
Posting this here too, if people are interested.

128BoBv1_6

Ok. New version.

*GB bomb raid on German fighter airfield, starts 10mins into mission and repeated every hour.
*DE bomb raid on English fighter airfield, starts 40mins into mission and repeated every hour.
*Message across screen to all player's of event's.
*AI planes removed when player leaves/disconnects.

NB: It works fine, I tested the 10min start, but can't confirm (it should be fine) that the DE bomb event starts 30mins later.

You may need to edit 128Bobv1_6.cs and ensure the location of the two sub missions is correct for where you store them.

Thanks has to go to Ataros too, for his great information sharing.

Thee_oddball
04-16-2011, 08:22 PM
It went down again, <sigh>, looks like 1hr 50 ish is the most stable since I patched it.

Will look into the .net 4 as a possible issue our server is running server2008 too, will see what the experience is of others.
(unpatched) and mine was going great for over 7 hours...now it didn't even last 15 mins :( but there was an update to steam that precipitated the rash of server crash's...i know the game just came out but this really is ridiculous :evil:

doghous3
04-16-2011, 08:39 PM
yep. i sat at the server browser eating my dinner, pressing refresh every few minutes to see so many of the same server's appear and disappear. ^^

I hope it's just a beta thing and it don't go live on Monday like it.

Thee_oddball
04-16-2011, 10:20 PM
I pulled this off another post to which Ataros made :)
http://translate.google.com/translate?js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&sl=ru&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.sukhoi.ru%2Fforum%2Fshowthread. php%3Ft%3D67964%26page%3D3

Word of Steam

I'm not aware that he enjoys so much to the input ports have been opened only very UTP 27016 (remind me on the server stim shove, I bought yesterday for the north an additional license, even though works well, but allows them sovmesno love, thought might be useful)

Required Ports for Steam Required Ports for Steam
Question
Which ports do I need to open on my router or firewall for Steam? Which ports do I need to open on my router or firewall for Steam?

Answer Answer
Your network must be configured to allow Steam access to the following ports (in order from highest to lowest priority for QoS users): Your network must be configured to allow Steam access to the following ports (in order from highest to lowest priority for QoS users):

Steam Client Steam Client
UDP 27000 to 27015 inclusive (Game client traffic) UDP 27000 to 27015 inclusive (Game client traffic)
UDP 27015 to 27030 inclusive (Typically Matchmaking and HLTV) UDP 27015 to 27030 inclusive (Typically Matchmaking and HLTV)
TCP 27014 to 27050 inclusive (Steam downloads) TCP 27014 to 27050 inclusive (Steam downloads)
UDP 4380 UDP 4380

Dedicated or Listen Servers Dedicated or Listen Servers
TCP 27015 (SRCDS Rcon port) TCP 27015 (SRCDS Rcon port)

Steamworks P2P Networking and Steam Voice Chat Steamworks P2P Networking and Steam Voice Chat
UDP 3478 (Outbound) UDP 3478 (Outbound)
UDP 4379 (Outbound) UDP 4379 (Outbound)
UDP 4380 (Outbound) UDP 4380 (Outbound)

i just have 27016 open... i wonder i need to add the above ranges for steam and the server to interact correctly? your thoughts?

Jwam
04-16-2011, 11:00 PM
I pulled this off another post to which Ataros made :)
http://translate.google.com/translate?js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&sl=ru&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.sukhoi.ru%2Fforum%2Fshowthread. php%3Ft%3D67964%26page%3D3

i just have 27016 open... i wonder i need to add the above ranges for steam and the server to interact correctly? your thoughts?

My thought is I have all of these ports opened, and I've still got this fraking crash with both Server 2008 and Windows XP SP3, and with every version of .Net Framework 4. :sad:

edit : Server not patched though

Thee_oddball
04-16-2011, 11:12 PM
My thought is I have all of these ports opened, and I've still got this fraking crash with both Server 2008 and Windows XP SP3, and with every version of .Net Framework 4. :sad:

edit : Server not patched though

well that answers that question...lol, trying to keep the server up and and running is like entering a pregnant horse with 2 club feet into the Kentucky derby!......its just not going to Work! :mrgreen:

Jwam
04-17-2011, 12:20 AM
well that answers that question...lol, trying to keep the server up and and running is like entering a pregnant horse with 2 club feet into the Kentucky derby!......its just not going to Work! :mrgreen:
LOL nice and accurate comparison :p

Sauf
04-17-2011, 02:06 AM
down again :(

Sauf
04-17-2011, 02:16 AM
Not been in the FMB, but been planning to tweak the current mission this weekend and play with some scripts.

The trouble with the airfields on France are that they ain't (bar one) dead on the coast-line. I'll have a look at the lie of the land, and I could actually create an airfield, but that's tricky with no bulldozer function. Will have to see.

I can re-implement the convoy's for the bombers.

Didn't really get the chance to see about this 'not seeing people' thing, with the current server instability. Something seems odd about it as noted in another thread.

I really dont think we need to create fictious airfields, specially on a full switch server, the axis fields are pretty close to the coast and you can see them from over the channel at any decent alt, just my 2 cents worth, am enjoying current misson immensely, great work.

Sauf
04-17-2011, 05:52 AM
I notice Angels and Airspeed has been up for around 8 hours or so with about 15-25 players active, maybe PaulWF can shed some light on the settings he is using to nut out this crashing prob?

ATAG_Bliss
04-17-2011, 08:47 AM
Sauf,

The server was crashing every 10 - 30 minutes yesterday. When I checked it this morning the dos window had hung (not surprisingly) but when I shut it down steam dowloaded an update. It's been up for almost 3 hours now without a hickup. Perhaps something was pushed out to correct the issue? Time will tell I guess!

@oddball - I know what you mean :)

JG11Fox
04-17-2011, 09:37 AM
Sauf,

The server was crashing every 10 - 30 minutes yesterday. When I checked it this morning the dos window had hung (not surprisingly) but when I shut it down steam dowloaded an update. It's been up for almost 3 hours now without a hickup. Perhaps something was pushed out to correct the issue? Time will tell I guess!

@oddball - I know what you mean :)

Hello from Germany,

after i installed the second patch at home, i have a quick update from the servers in the internet.

And now that what i have seen.

The Ping Time of the servers was going up and down. Can it be that this is the problem that the servers crashes down ?

At the same time we have a IL2 server online. On this server the pings are stabel. Its not a problem with the hardware, so i think its a problem from steam or the game.

Can you look what your server makes ?

Greez Fox

Edit:

At this time the server was crashed 21.30 Uhr. The Massage from the server ist posted in the picture. I think it is a problem with the copy protectet over steam.

http://www.geschwader11.de/images/jg11/Bilder/Raven/server%20kv13.jpg

Thee_oddball
04-17-2011, 05:40 PM
I think what is driving alot of people away is the bug with the map and clicking on bases...the more you zoom out the more the clickable area moves to the right, what needs to happen is upon choosing a side the map centers and zooms in right over the spawn areas so they easily seen and chosen.

S!

p.s 12 hours and counting :)

Thee_oddball
04-17-2011, 06:16 PM
Yeah, I think it's really buggy right now (along with everything else about the game ;) )

Are you able to reconnect?

have u been able to ascertain how much each player is using?

ATAG_Bliss
04-17-2011, 08:37 PM
have u been able to ascertain how much each player is using?

I think it's around 75KB per person. It seems 20-25 people requires about 1.5mbps in upload. But I don't know if steam or the AI air and ground targets require anything to be streamed. It's at 15mbps (upload speed) right now, but we run more than 1 MP server.

How have you gotten it to run for 12 hours? I can't even auth to steam when the server starts, as the 1st thing the dos box says is unable to connect to steam start service or w/e. Usually it's only a matter of minutes, maybe an hour before I start getting P2Pconnection errors and steam finally shuts it down. I'm assuming it's steam anyways.

Good thing is I've seen 50 people in there. With the ROF server full and COD server with 50 people the cpu usage was only around 25% on the server. I think everyone should be able to run a good dedicated server without much expense in hardware, assuming they have the bandwidth, which is good. It seems much like the old IL2. We used to be able to host 90 players on a single core in IL2.

I just hope this gets sorted soon.. It's very frustrating ;)

Thee_oddball
04-17-2011, 09:11 PM
I hit the 15 hour mark before the DOS window stopped responding :( however i find that the launcher used to use about 150 megs at the start of the game and for every person that joins it use around 10 more megs of ram (per player) but after this last lock up and a PC reboot i find that the launcher is using 350 megs of ram at the start up and then 6 people joined my server and the ram usage jumped to 414 megs.

So i am guessing that the game uses 10 megs of ram per player :) so basically you just need 1.28 gigs of extra ram (beyond what the OS is using) for a 128 person server :)

ATAG_Bliss
04-17-2011, 09:14 PM
Well we got plenty of ram lol.

But how are you connecting to steam? You don't get the steam error on startup or the P2P connection errors?

Thee_oddball
04-17-2011, 09:28 PM

But how are you connecting to steam? You don't get the steam error on startup or the P2P connection errors?

i always get an error at startup and now and again i get the P2P error but it still runs...whats happening to now is the DOS window will stop responding (except the ever vigilant you cant use bytes or values with" message that goes on forever) and the other problem is the DOS window just disappears :( like it just did now after running for like 5 mins :(

p.s the 74kps is right around what i originally suspected (64kps)

Thee_oddball
04-17-2011, 11:13 PM
I have been doing some testing and have found that with 30 bombers (flying) on the isles of doom map that the server is using 160-70 kbps when i am connected.
When i join the channel map with no AI the server is using 30-50kbps for my connection but as soon as i spawned an extra G50 it shot up to 110kbps and after 5 AI spawned the server was using 190kbps for my connection :( that channel map is a massive resource hog :(

ATAG_Bliss
04-18-2011, 06:06 PM
Well it's not gonna matter for a little while. It seems this patch makes the dedicated software run for about 1-5 minutes before it crashes now. At least you could make it 20-30 minutes before. Definitely going the wrong direction for MP :(

JG52Uther
04-18-2011, 06:14 PM
This is desperate stuff really.Multiplayer is one part of the software I thought would work perfectly right from the beginning,given il2's credentials.
At this point I would say to the developers forget all the fancy crap you have planned for CoD online and just port the whole il2 multiplayer code (Hyperlobby compatible) over to CoD...

Jwam
04-18-2011, 06:16 PM
Did you notice that all the servers seem to crash at the same time ?

ATAG_Bliss
04-18-2011, 06:27 PM
This is desperate stuff really.Multiplayer is one part of the software I thought would work perfectly right from the beginning,given il2's credentials.
At this point I would say to the developers forget all the fancy crap you have planned for CoD online and just port the whole il2 multiplayer code (Hyperlobby compatible) over to CoD...

Agree. I don't know why in the hell we don't have actual dedicated software like IL246 and why in the hell we can't use hyperlobby. The server shouldn't have to use steam.

I don't know how many times I've asked about the dedicated software, but I've yet to hear any sort of official response about it. Very sad :(

ATAG_Bliss
04-18-2011, 06:33 PM
Did you notice that all the servers seem to crash at the same time ?

No I didn't notice that because my own steam account happens to be the dedicated server account.

But the 1st time I fired up the server, about 30 people joined in a minute's time, immediately followed by a crash. So I've fired it up a few more times since then to see what it would do.

The last time, it crashed within 20 seconds of loading the mission. This is without a single person in the server.

Definitely screwed up!

JG52Uther
04-18-2011, 06:58 PM
At this rate I will just go back to il2 46!
Right now there are 400 people flying in Hyperlobby...

JG11Fox
04-18-2011, 07:10 PM
There is a little word with fu...... i said all the time.

We have two servers at 2 workstations. after install the update both stations crashed down the CloD Server after three minutes.

Damn what to hell is this.

Anyone an idea?

Greez Fox

PaulWF
04-18-2011, 09:11 PM

not going to help you much when the memory is not being released.

with the maximum addressable memory being... roughly

2 gig = 2048Meg
204 players

after the 204th player session has been created you've exhausted the allocatable memory.. and that's just the memory problems

PaulWF
04-18-2011, 09:12 PM
I have been doing some testing and have found that with 30 bombers (flying) on the isles of doom map that the server is using 160-70 kbps when i am connected.
When i join the channel map with no AI the server is using 30-50kbps for my connection but as soon as i spawned an extra G50 it shot up to 110kbps and after 5 AI spawned the server was using 190kbps for my connection :( that channel map is a massive resource hog :(

It's not the map.

It's the multiplayer code :(

I think that's probably why we haven't seen much official recognition that the dedicated server is a part of the sim.

JG14_Jagr
04-20-2011, 12:45 AM
Just flew for a nice hour long couple of missions.. seems to be working FAR better than yesterday

Thee_oddball
04-20-2011, 01:13 AM
here is some interesting news....for the first time ever i decided to turn steam off after starting the server....that was over 2 hours ago since then some of the TX guys and handful of other people have joined...but seemed tobe having problems as they would pick a side get a plane and then crash...leave the server and come back (must be the "Create" bug)

The real news is that the Launcher is using half the ram it usual does AND does not seem tobe holding onto like it did (climbing with each new player).

it is currently at 78 megs as opposed to 150megs (with steam on) it should be at 140 considering past trends but it is not :) this might be a fluke but IF it is not we MAY have found what is causing the memory problems :) do you remember in the beginning how they could not get Steam and CLOD to work together? and Luthier hinted it was steams problem and not the game......hmmmm

Give it a try guys...start your server look at what the launcher is using (and look at steam aswell, because it was using 50 megs when i turned it off) and then shut down steam and note the difference and see how long the server stays up.

S!

JG14_Jagr
04-20-2011, 03:11 AM
Server is working great..just flew another hour with no issues..

Thee_oddball
04-20-2011, 03:57 AM
I started my server with the new script (to get rid of empty A/C and player abandoned ones) in place and watched as it says :battle begins Ok" and then it said "Mission loaded = 00.34" which i thought was odd because the mission had already loaded...well then it did again about 10 more times and as this happened i saw the Launcher mem use go up aswell...about 10 megs per "mission load"...we ll this kept going until it had loaded it about 30 times maxing my CPU at %100 and the launcher was using about 300megs.....thats when the server stopped responding...but i decided to wait and see if anything would change...and sure enough it did...the launcher dropped from using 300megs down to 30megs...but the CPU remained maxed and the server was still unresponsive :(.

I noted before that the launcher used about 10megs more per person joining the server....well it turns out its not the player....we all see the same thing once a player chooses a plane
"Mission Loaded = 0.XXX"
The player is triggering the event and once the event has been triggered X times i think it ends up crashing the server :(

Thee_oddball
04-20-2011, 05:06 AM
"Server was logged off from Steam:exiting" @#$%@#$%@#$%@#$%^%*^%&*$%@#$%!!!!!

this not going to work...we cant be tethered to steam like this...There were 3 people on my server and i was watching the mem leak happen....launcher kept eating more and more and more ram...i thought for sure i would be able to see it crash and gleen some kind of info.

thats weird i just noticed that steamed logged me off right at midnight...probably just a coincidence.

we need to make a formal request to Luthier tobe unhooked from steam...an initial handshake to steam when we start the server then thats it.

S!

ZaltysZ
04-20-2011, 05:33 AM
I noted before that the launcher used about 10megs more per person joining the server....well it turns out its not the player....we all see the same thing once a player chooses a plane
"Mission Loaded = 0.XXX"
The player is triggering the event and once the event has been triggered X times i think it ends up crashing the server :(

I think game creates separate mission for every created group. Or to be more detailed, it generates a mission with your configured group, the moment you press "Create", and loads it.

I will try to look into it in the evening. Maybe missions can be "killed" just after planes have been despawned. This is assuming that missions just stack up and waste memory.

P.S. on other hand, memory is automanaged, and it is not necessarily freed the moment it is not required anymore. Garbage collector can fire later (when runtime thinks it is need). So, it is could be pretty normal, if you see memory usage increasing while creating groups, and not instantly decreasing when killing groups.

IvanK
04-20-2011, 06:41 AM
A number of us were in the server today but some were in darkness in night mode whilst others were in Daylight. We asked around in chat and In game aircraft clocks varied from
1700hrs, 2100hrs,2135hrs and 2149hrs

The 1700hrs was a player in the UK, the 2100 and 2135hrs players were in Australia. I am not sure where the 2149hrs player was.
Local Eastern Australian time was 1607 Hrs (0707UTC/GMT).

Blackrat
04-20-2011, 07:29 AM
A number of us were in the server today but some were in darkness in night mode whilst others were in Daylight. We asked around in chat and In game aircraft clocks varied from
1700hrs, 2100hrs,2135hrs and 2149hrs

The 1700hrs was a player in the UK, the 2100 and 2135hrs players were in Australia. I am not sure where the 2149hrs player was.
Local Eastern Australian time was 1607 Hrs (0707UTC/GMT).

Confirm that depending on your real Time zone depends whether you were in darkness or not in the mission? If that is the case its very interesting, must be some parameter in the mission somewhere.

ZaltysZ
04-20-2011, 07:40 AM
Confirm that depending on your real Time zone depends whether you were in darkness or not in the mission? If that is the case its very interesting, must be some parameter in the mission somewhere.

The differences in game time do not correspond to difference in time zones, so I doubt that it is simple problem with time zones.

It would be interesting to know how long each player was connected to server. I guess, Australians were connected longer and got bigger clock skew.

Blackrat
04-20-2011, 12:02 PM
Good times, was up for 11 hours last night, been up for 4hours so far today :grin:

snwkill
04-20-2011, 01:36 PM
Good times, was up for 11 hours last night, been up for 4hours so far today :grin:

Wow that is really good, congrats on the uptime! I know you guys were struggling there for awhile.

Thee_oddball
04-20-2011, 01:53 PM
blackrat please note how much mem the launcher and steam are using when it crashes plz, i have found steam using almost a 100 megs when the server is frozen and then it will drop like 60 megs once i kill the server...i don't know if this is normal but it does seem it nit odd..

=609=Parazaine
04-20-2011, 01:55 PM
Nice one Tommy and congrats on the kill.

Expect a few glitches until we iron this all out, as for the pilot without a plane, that was the Syndicate goat, you will get used to him ;)

So that's where my goat went! Congrats on the server, hope to see you all there.

Blackrat
04-20-2011, 02:03 PM
So that's where my goat went! Congrats on the server, hope to see you all there.

He's ours now, Per nabbed him :grin: good to see you on there the other day Para.

Blackrat
04-20-2011, 02:04 PM
blackrat please note how much mem the launcher and steam are using when it crashes plz, i have found steam using almost a 100 megs when the server is frozen and then it will drop like 60 megs once i kill the server...i don't know if this is normal but it does seem it nit odd..

noted it crashed again and one of the cores was flatline at 100% useage, will try and look at memory next time.

Blackrat
04-21-2011, 06:02 PM

Okay crashed this afternoon, steam was at 38 megs, I think, and launcher was at 1GB.

Thee_oddball
04-21-2011, 08:22 PM
Okay crashed this afternoon, steam was at 38 megs, I think, and launcher was at 1GB.

same here, mine was going all night and this morning but when i got back it was %100 cpu steam at 50megs and launcher at 238 megs

p.s steam is now using 90 megs of ram with the server off....

_79_dev
04-21-2011, 11:27 PM
Server down :(

Sauf
04-22-2011, 05:13 AM
Server down :(

6am in London atm, hopefully Blackrat will be out if bed soon :-P

Blackrat
04-22-2011, 06:26 AM
6am in London atm, hopefully Blackrat will be out if bed soon :-P

LMAO, it would have been earlier but no work today :grin: looks like Bliss put it up already.

Blackrat
04-23-2011, 07:15 AM
Server patched to the latest Beta.

reflected
04-23-2011, 12:42 PM
Wonderful server, I just had my first fights & kills online.

However, while SP runs smoothly, MP was pretty choppy and sometimes laggy :(

Thee_oddball
04-23-2011, 03:57 PM
Wonderful server, I just had my first fights & kills online.

However, while SP runs smoothly, MP was pretty choppy and sometimes laggy :(

how ironic...the reverse has been true till now

snwkill
04-23-2011, 05:41 PM
how ironic...the reverse has been true till now

I noticed the same... The first time I was on with 12 others, it was extremely smooth. With the latest Beta I noticed that it slowed considerably.

But it didn't crash for the hour I was on.

Sauf
04-23-2011, 07:53 PM
Looks like they have fixed the crash problem, server is a lot more stable but there seems to be small lag spikes/freezes at times. And still get bad stutters over 4000m but we are getting there. Getting a lot more people joining mp now, kudos to the SYN guys for sticking it out.

NNFFL=Clovis=
04-23-2011, 10:33 PM
Hi,

I do not know if this has been answered before but:

When I'm trying to conect to the syndicate server I get the message: ServerAuthentificationfailed. Strangely, I manage to connect to other servers...

Any tips?

Thamks in advance

Sauf
04-24-2011, 12:02 AM
Hi,

When I'm trying to conect to the syndicate server I get the message: ServerAuthentificationfailed. Strangely, I manage to connect to other servers...

Any tips?

Thamks in advance

Saintblu was havingthe same prob Clovis, this might help, worth a shot anyway,
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=21492

Blackrat
04-24-2011, 07:50 AM
Well it stayed up again for 16 hours until it tried to stop the battle and start the mission again as per the scripts, then it just hung :(

I am really thankful that it doesn't keep crashing, the problem now is I cannot rotate missions and the current mission runs into darkness. But its a nice problem to have after the last couple of weeks :)

Sauf
04-24-2011, 08:02 AM
Searchlights :)

ATAG_Bliss
04-24-2011, 05:12 PM
Fellas I updated the 1st post of this thread. Make sure to hop on coms with us. It's quite fun having a wingman :)

We have a public 100 person ventrilo server that everyone is free to use. You can see who's in vent by going to our homepage. Clicking on our vent overlay will automatically connect you. Our vent IP is syndicate.vent.nfoservers.com Port :11310

Those users new to vent can read the 1st time user setup guide I made here: http://syndicatesquadron.com/forum/s...rs-setup-guide..

Thee_oddball
04-24-2011, 05:32 PM
Well it stayed up again for 16 hours until it tried to stop the battle and start the mission again as per the scripts, then it just hung :(

I am really thankful that it doesn't keep crashing, the problem now is I cannot rotate missions and the current mission runs into darkness. But its a nice problem to have after the last couple of weeks :)

let me see you scipts

mugen
04-24-2011, 08:51 PM
Hi everybody,

at first thx for this great full real server.

I was enjoying it until yesterday. Today i'm getting the same error as Clovis.

ie - ServerAuthentificationfailed

All i did yesterday was shutting down my rig.
I tried to resync with steam and applied the beta patch again as Sauf had recommended but it didn't work for me. Tried it without beta patch too but no success.

Thx in advance

mugen

Hi,

Any tips?

Thamks in advance

Edit:
12 hours later it works again, like nothing ever happened

Ataros
04-25-2011, 08:39 AM
As we have some positive progress with stability, do you think we can further improve the mission running at the server?

I have an impression that 2 bomber attacks we have atm attract too little attention from players because:
1) the alt is a bit high
2) attacks are a bit rare and therefore do not disturb enemy players to make them angry enough :) (nothing really depends on attack results)

My suggestions:
1) reduce alt of bombers to 4000 m
2) reduce No of planes per attack to 4-6 making an attack actually stoppable
3) increase No of attacks 2-3 times and run them from different directions|with different aircraft and targets. Make them really disturbing.
4) add more waypoints for bombers above mid-channel to make them spend more time there before they strike airfields.
5) add moving ship convoys for both sides with tankers armed with AA guns (selectable as load for tankers) to make some sea battles
6) add smaller bombing runs of 2-3 aircrafts to attack shipping convoys from various alt (Stukas to divebomb with 110s topmast from different directions with say 10 min interval. Same with red aircraft for red side.)
7) add random attacks of 1-2 aircraft on airfields (e.g. Stukas/Baufighters). Let them spend some time over mid-channel first.
8 ) add free-hunting flights of 1 fighter to randomly patrol at 6000+ alt above channel to keep everyones attention up
9) I would be happy to see some land parties of reckon cars|motorcycles rarely attacking airfields.
10) Maybe even tank battles if we have battle of France scenario (e.g. Dunkirk (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Dunkirk)?)
11) Make on-screen Intel. to report 'hot-spots' on map every 10 minutes depending on current pos of action to gather everyone there.
12) allow players to get into AI planes to let them control bombers

ATM action is split between 2 shores often resulting in long boring flights across channel at least every 2nd mission.
I think it would be great to provide players with variety of action right after they spawn. Probably most of missions (waypoints for AI) should concentrate in the middle of the channel to attract most of players there. If enemy bombers are not stopped while they are making a couple of circles in the middle of the channel ideally they should cause real trouble to airfields (this would be easier to do in future with triggers I guess e.g. prohibiting takeoff from a bombed airfield for 3 minutes or moving the spawnpoint further to mainland).

Anyway the server and the mission are the best! WTG!

MadTommy
04-25-2011, 08:55 AM
^^ sounds like good ideas to me.

Adding diversity is a great idea. Dogfights are fun, but dogfights with objectives are much better!

III/JG11_Simmox
04-25-2011, 11:22 AM
small grp low level AI bombing runs on the airfields would be exciting
that should get the fighters attention:)
get to see some of those spiffy explosions close up:)

Hellbender
04-25-2011, 12:10 PM
I found out that the british airfields are protected by AAA, however along the Frensh coast there is no comparable AAA action.

Blackrat
04-25-2011, 12:37 PM
good points, I am however no mission maker, hopefully we can get this addressed eventually. I agree we need a bit of variety and some missions in a rotation, unfortunately time is not my friend ATM.

zoopyzook
04-25-2011, 05:03 PM
Enjoying playing on this server, Full realism is the only way to play this game.

Unfortunately I am finding it impossible to kill anyone....yet :)

May come and join you on vent one evening if that's ok

Reider
04-25-2011, 05:27 PM
Cant you change the Time of Day? Its not fun to Fly at Night.

Blackrat
04-26-2011, 07:26 AM
Cant you change the Time of Day? Its not fun to Fly at Night.

Its a pain, will be working on a rotation.

Blackrat
04-26-2011, 07:27 AM
Enjoying playing on this server, Full realism is the only way to play this game.

Unfortunately I am finding it impossible to kill anyone....yet :)

May come and join you on vent one evening if that's ok

Of course you can join vent, that's what its for, anyone flying on our server can use it :grin:

JG52Uther
04-26-2011, 09:52 AM
Had a couple of flights here last night,in a 110.Worked well.Very enjoyable server.

robtek
04-26-2011, 10:11 AM
What i really appreciated on this server, altough the credits should go to the sim in this case, is, that i managed to limp home in my shot up 110.
That was almost impossible in the old il2, partly because of the DM but mostly because the usual opponent was cannon armed.

Blakduk
04-26-2011, 10:37 AM
Really enjoyed being on this server today- i really recommend you get on their Ventrillo server. Makes it hugely enjoyable and the setup guide on the Syndicate homepage made it really easy (i've never used ventrillo previously).
Thanks guys.

ZaltysZ
04-26-2011, 10:47 AM
That was almost impossible in the old il2, partly because of the DM but mostly because the usual opponent was cannon armed.

The usual opponent still does not know how to load De Wilde ammo. :) 8 guns with such ammo are easier to use than pair of cannons, and fatality is almost the same, if not greater.

----

By the way, I have problems understanding red fliers in this server. If I go to the ships or He111 or Wellingtons, I mainly meet only BFs. It is like big part of reds are flying out of combat region or driving around a field. Why it is so?

JG52Uther
04-26-2011, 11:14 AM
Well I got chewed up by a Spit pretty good whilst engaging the AI Wellingtons,one engine spewed out a load of oil for a while,then the other one quit,and I ended up ditching by the ships.The 110 shaking near 500 kph is driving me mad though.

zoopyzook
04-26-2011, 04:33 PM
The usual opponent still does not know how to load De Wilde ammo. :) 8 guns with such ammo are easier to use than pair of cannons, and fatality is almost the same, if not greater.

http://cartridgecollectors.org/cmo/cmo07febb.jpg

looks awfully complicated to make to load all 2400 rounds with it :) the armourer will get in trouble from the bean-counters

By the way, I have problems understanding red fliers in this server. If I go to the ships or He111 or Wellingtons, I mainly meet only BFs. It is like big part of reds are flying out of combat region or driving around a field. Why it is so?

I joined the other day and was killed 3 times by strafing runs on the red runways on take off :/ I think it seems there is usually more blues low-level circling the SE of England's airfield that end up drawing your attention than the primary objectives

5-in-50
04-26-2011, 10:32 PM
Joined today after applying the newest Beta Patch and all I got was Launcher.exe crashes every 3 minutes and 5fps (usually 40+).

Is the Syndicate server running the newest beta? There were 40 players active on the server, anyone else having performance issues with this many players or since the patch?

wildwillie
04-27-2011, 01:09 AM
Is the SYN Server down ? I know all servers were kicked from steam a bit ago, but I tried direct connect and it does not connect. It must need a restart.

Blackrat
04-27-2011, 05:58 AM
Is the SYN Server down ? I know all servers were kicked from steam a bit ago, but I tried direct connect and it does not connect. It must need a restart.

Well that sucks big time, not very amusing to know a third party program can kick the server off line whenever it wants.

Back up now, bear with me as I try and get this thing to rotate and not time out.

Blackrat
04-27-2011, 06:00 AM
Joined today after applying the newest Beta Patch and all I got was Launcher.exe crashes every 3 minutes and 5fps (usually 40+).

Is the Syndicate server running the newest beta? There were 40 players active on the server, anyone else having performance issues with this many players or since the patch?

Running the latest beta indeed, no fps issues for me on there last night nor anyone else in vent, a couple of launcher crashes though between us.

Buzzer
04-28-2011, 05:42 PM
Just wondering: recorded a track online on your server.
When i wanted to look at it afterwards I was unable to use outside views.

Even though the server has no outside views, the replay should have it imho.
That is what makes the replay fun.
So is this a bug from the last patch? Anything you can set on the server?

Anyway, thanks for setting up this amazing server!:)

Blackrat
04-28-2011, 06:43 PM
Buzzer, I have no knowledge of any server settings to allow that, if it was okay before the patch then maybe its the patch, we are about to update the server to the latest patch and run it up again.

Report back if its still the same and hopefully the Devs will pick it up and investigate.

robtek
04-28-2011, 06:54 PM
Sorry, i have problems using your server!
I have the patch 1.00.14305 and when i have joined your server and created a bf110c7 my right engine is already running and immediatly i get: oil gasket engine 1 broken, radiator engine 1 broken.
The throttles in the cockpit don't work, only the mini sliders do.
When i join another FR derver, i.e. repka -> no problems!

Blackrat
04-28-2011, 07:03 PM
...updating to the latest patch as we speak and running up a new mission

Flashman
04-28-2011, 07:15 PM
Just wondering: recorded a track online on your server.
When i wanted to look at it afterwards I was unable to use outside views.

So is this a bug from the last patch? Anything you can set on the server?

Anyway, thanks for setting up this amazing server!:)

HI Buzzer,

We are not sure to be honest. At the moment doing simple stuff like running the missions is taxing our tiny minds! The MP side of things isn't too user firendly at the moment.

Blackrat
04-28-2011, 07:24 PM
Okay, latest patch and now running a new mission by Flashman, just for a change, also the experience, so please report any problems with the mission please. Time should remain constant, just wish we had some briefings.

Hope you enjoy it.

ATAG_Bliss
04-28-2011, 07:48 PM
Hi Buzzer,

The only other thing you could try is do a quick mission with the externals on and then try to play your track again. Maybe your difficulty settings are saved to the server you fly on? Probably another bug :D

robtek
04-28-2011, 07:52 PM
OK, same problems with the 110 c7.
Bf109 -> everything ok.
Already spawned 110 -> throttles working but oil and water temp fixed to zero -> engines sour after warm up and start.

Ataros
04-28-2011, 08:19 PM

It may be prohibited to avoid cheating. You could record a short track, disconnect, check where all enemy bombers and ground targets are, reconnect and kill them. And if you have 2 PCs you do not even have to disconnect from the battle but have an instant recon ))) Happened in IL-2 online wars. No fun at all.

ATAG_Bliss
04-28-2011, 08:44 PM
Ah, you're probably right. It's a really good idea and makes perfect sense.

Buzzer
04-28-2011, 10:32 PM
Ahh...could be that.
Bit shame though. Nice to see "what really happened when that spit disappeared" when you go offline and want to see the track later.

Retried it - same result - so might be coded on purpose then.
Cheaters cheaters...blahh :rolleyes:

Got better performance on the server now.
Good work gents :).

robtek
04-29-2011, 06:41 AM
The devs might put a "timestamp" option to the records, only playable if 30min. have passed since recording. :-D

Bobb4
04-29-2011, 06:54 AM
Sorry, i have problems using your server!
I have the patch 1.00.14305 and when i have joined your server and created a bf110c7 my right engine is already running and immediatly i get: oil gasket engine 1 broken, radiator engine 1 broken.
The throttles in the cockpit don't work, only the mini sliders do.
When i join another FR derver, i.e. repka -> no problems!
Is this not a server setting issue?
=69GIAP= server had the same problem?

Flashman
04-29-2011, 08:30 AM
Im not sure what is causing the bf110 engine issue. I upodated the servers copy of CloD cache but it made no difference.

Unfortunately I cannot recreate this offline, it works fine on the exact same mission run on my own test server (i.e. my computer). No idea whats causing it, hwoever as it appears to happen on some other servers as well I think it might be a patch issue. This mission was running with the earlier patch with no issues.

Flashman
04-29-2011, 10:59 AM
I have solved the problem on my computer: I verified the game cache and it fixed it (it found faulty files and replaced them). to do this do the following:

Open steam, go to Library. Right click on CloD>properties>Local Files>Verify integrity of game cache.

this should repair your install and the bf110 now appears to work properly again.

Flashman
04-29-2011, 01:30 PM
SOrry guys, it seems I spoke too soon. All verifying the install did was remove the last two patches. I have put them back on the server, however the bf110 is back to being broken again.

Flashman
04-29-2011, 06:04 PM
We have rolled back our server to the 04214 patch as the latest beta deosn't appear to be stable as the server won't stay up for more than a few hours.

Hopefully we can have it working OK for tonight without any crashes.

whoarmongar
05-01-2011, 09:20 AM
Played last night on syndicate server for about 6 hrs, Very nice, very stable no crashes lotsa fun. For a while I forgot I couldnt climb above 20 000 ft, I forgave the mix bug and I didnt care about the poor sounds, I just lost myself in a fully enjoyable multiplayer experience.

There was about 20-25 people on the server continuously all through the session, but what I couldnt understand was only 3-5 people were on the vent server.

Whats wrong with you guys ? Being able to comunicate with other players adds so much to the game it doubles at least the fun you will get while on the server. Not to mention getting a heads up as to where the action is.

Even if you dont want to speak just listening in helps a lot.

So here what to do. DOWNLOAD VENTRILO.
Go to the syndicate homepage and just click the vent server on the right
enable push to talk
pick the suitable channel
Join in the fun,

Oh and finally thanks to all the players I have spoken to on vent, sorry for my noobish behavior and flying, just be gratefull I wasnt drunk.

AnarchyZG
05-01-2011, 09:49 AM
Played last night on syndicate server for about 6 hrs, Very nice, very stable no crashes lotsa fun. For a while I forgot I couldnt climb above 20 000 ft, I forgave the mix bug and I didnt care about the poor sounds, I just lost myself in a fully enjoyable multiplayer experience.

There was about 20-25 people on the server continuously all through the session, but what I couldnt understand was only 3-5 people were on the vent server.

Whats wrong with you guys ? Being able to comunicate with other players adds so much to the game it doubles at least the fun you will get while on the server. Not to mention getting a heads up as to where the action is.

enable push to talk
Join in the fun,

Oh and finally thanks to all the players I have spoken to on vent, sorry for my noobish behavior and flying, just be gratefull I wasnt drunk.

I fly with my squaddies and we use our own comms, from my experience 4-5 people is maximum per channel, everything else will result in chaos unless pilots are disciplined.
I can't wait till real persistent online wars are created for CoD. The scripting gives us a lot of possibilities (too bad my time is limited, I used to be a C# dev :)).

There is only one thing bothering me with SYN server - the $%&#!!#$% "head shake". We fly axis exclusively and the need (in 109) to constantly switch views between having no SA and having SA but no usable gun sight is hard enough, but the disorienting viewpoint changes on even modest G loads makes deflection shooting almost impossible.

I know It's supposed to simulate G load, but this is just silly.

mcler002
05-01-2011, 04:05 PM
Had great fun earlier in my 109,

Even more fun flying as a JU88 and he111 with my escort ;)!

The only problem was my bombs didn't go off :(

Ross <- on screen name :D

Thee_oddball
05-01-2011, 04:24 PM
hey SYN next time the server crashes or you restart could you note the threads it is using at startup and at crash plz? thnc
If you want a fast, high scalable server, consider it doing in c++ with iocp (I/O completion port). Dont use .Net sockets because it assigns 1 thread per connection which consume system resources dramatically

S!

Flashman
05-01-2011, 04:35 PM
I fly with my squaddies and we use our own comms, from my experience 4-5 people is maximum per channel, everything else will result in chaos unless pilots are disciplined.
I can't wait till real persistent online wars are created for CoD. The scripting gives us a lot of possibilities (too bad my time is limited, I used to be a C# dev :)).

There is only one thing bothering me with SYN server - the $%&#!!#$% "head shake". We fly axis exclusively and the need (in 109) to constantly switch views between having no SA and having SA but no usable gun sight is hard enough, but the disorienting viewpoint changes on even modest G loads makes deflection shooting almost impossible.

I know It's supposed to simulate G load, but this is just silly.

Headshake should be off, we certainly have it set off (but who knows with this game at times?!?!?). I think the G effects are different from headshake but please don't quote me on that!

Thee_oddball
05-01-2011, 04:44 PM
I have to agree...the head shake is over modeled...if that were real u would have all kinds of neck and back problems after your first dog fight.... and just imagine what it would be like firing the 30mm or the 37mm on the hs129 (in the future of course)...you would feel like your sitting on a paint shaker :shock::mrgreen:

ATAG_Bliss
05-01-2011, 05:34 PM

enable push to talk
Join in the fun,

Yeah I agree! Getting on vent is where the fun is :)

I even made a nice "how to" guide for ventrilo here: http://syndicatesquadron.com/forum/showthread.php?336-1st-time-Ventrilo-users-setup-guide..

@oddball - what do you mean by that scripting lol? Do you have some further details. As far as the socket thing it looks like it's allowing 255 connections at 10000kb. I figured that was normal. All the cpu cores only sit at about 8-10% usage with 35-40 players on. Is it network resources? Sorry for all the questions :confused:

15.Span_Valalo
05-03-2011, 04:49 PM
Please, How I could bomb in Syndicate Server with 109Emil/B???

thanks

Bobb4
05-03-2011, 05:10 PM
Yeah I agree! Getting on vent is where the fun is :)

I even made a nice "how to" guide for ventrilo here: http://syndicatesquadron.com/forum/showthread.php?336-1st-time-Ventrilo-users-setup-guide..

@oddball - what do you mean by that scripting lol? Do you have some further details. As far as the socket thing it looks like it's allowing 255 connections at 10000kb. I figured that was normal. All the cpu cores only sit at about 8-10% usage with 35-40 players on. Is it network resources? Sorry for all the questions :confused:

Teamspeak 3 is better, I find I have a lot more disconnects with bandwidth intensives games using ventrilo than I do using teamspeak 3.
Most of the il2 community are used to Teamspeak and teaching old dogs new tricks is hard.
Even flying RoF on the Syndicate server I stick to TS.
Not say ventrilo is bad just, I do not like it. Think your server is the onlyone offering ventrilo in the client list all the rest off TS3...;)

ATAG_Bliss
05-03-2011, 05:27 PM
Vent is actually quite a bit better than TS3. That's why those FPS teams that play matches for $1000's use vent. The problem with vent is it's much more complex and less user friendly than TS. I agree it uses more bandwidth, it uses a better voice codec and has less latancy than TS3. That's probably again, why it's the standard for competitive teams in FPS type games. Not to mention a vent server is more expensive than a TS3 server. But there's a reason why, as I've explained above. As a 10 year old squad that started with FPS games, we've become accustomed to it, especially with all the features it has compared to TS3.

Once you sit in vent for a few weeks and go back to TS3, you'll know what I mean by just how much better the voices sound. That's one of the main reasons we won't be going back to TS anytime soon. But it only takes 5 minutes to setup. I actually can't stand how people sound in TS3 after using vent.

Bobb4
05-04-2011, 06:10 AM
I do not want to enter into a debate on which is better as both have benefits. I understand your squads reasons for using it. But speaking from squadron experience in IL2 getting people all onto the same modded version is hard enough without making comms an issue as well.
A lot of our guys fly the Syndicate server in RoF and use ventrilo. I even have it installed on my PC.
But I have a relatively slow adsl connection 384kps. So every ounce of bandwidth counts. The choice for me is not based on how it sounds but on if it will work.
If I use ventrilo in RoF I am 90% sure to get a 1019 disconnect from server error.
Using TS3 I do not have the problem at all.

SYN_Jed
05-04-2011, 09:19 AM
Have you tried it?. Our vent has an amazing connection you know!. Give it a go and see how you get on...you might be pleasantly surprised :P

ATAG_Bliss
05-04-2011, 10:33 AM
I do not want to enter into a debate on which is better as both have benefits. I understand your squads reasons for using it. But speaking from squadron experience in IL2 getting people all onto the same modded version is hard enough without making comms an issue as well.
A lot of our guys fly the Syndicate server in RoF and use ventrilo. I even have it installed on my PC.
But I have a relatively slow adsl connection 384kps. So every ounce of bandwidth counts. The choice for me is not based on how it sounds but on if it will work.
If I use ventrilo in RoF I am 90% sure to get a 1019 disconnect from server error.
Using TS3 I do not have the problem at all.

I'm not trying to get into a debate either. Just your tone implied that because all other people use TS3 that we should as well. We'd rather have the better quality, hence why we pay more for vent.

The reason you'd get a disconnect in ROF while using ventrilo is because ROF uses 10x the bandwidth of almost any other MP sim out there. With your low speed connection, I'm surprised it doesn't happen without any sort of coms anyways. But, one of the things about vent is it's endless options for configuration. If you are getting disconnects while using vent, you could have said something to one of us. In vent you can easily change a channel's codec (say lower it to the TS3 one), or create a different codec in a new channel for when people who have low speed connections join. That way you'd have the same bandwidth codec that TS3 uses while in vent.

But if this was happening, you could of told us long before now, and we'd have easily remedied the situation for you.

Bobb4
05-04-2011, 11:29 AM
I'm not trying to get into a debate either. Just your tone implied that because all other people use TS3 that we should as well. We'd rather have the better quality, hence why we pay more for vent.

The reason you'd get a disconnect in ROF while using ventrilo is because ROF uses 10x the bandwidth of almost any other MP sim out there. With your low speed connection, I'm surprised it doesn't happen without any sort of coms anyways. But, one of the things about vent is it's endless options for configuration. If you are getting disconnects while using vent, you could have said something to one of us. In vent you can easily change a channel's codec (say lower it to the TS3 one), or create a different codec in a new channel for when people who have low speed connections join. That way you'd have the same bandwidth codec that TS3 uses while in vent.

But if this was happening, you could of told us long before now, and we'd have easily remedied the situation for you.
It is not a big issue to me but I will look into the settings on ventrilo again and see if I can find a balance that works. I was just regularly being discoed and gave up :(
As our squad uses TS3 it was easier for other squad members to switch over to accommodate me than for me to tinker.
But I will tinker if it is possible to reduce settings. I did not mean to suggest you guys were wrong in using ventrilo, just airing my views on why few people use the service :grin: My other squad mates use it when I am not flying ;)

ATAG_Bliss
05-04-2011, 06:05 PM
Server updated to the last beta patch.

Please let us know if and what issues you have.

Thanks.

SYN_Per
05-09-2011, 07:16 PM
Syndicate server is up and running. Beta patch 1.
Enjoy!

jojovtx
05-18-2011, 04:07 AM
Can't find your server as of 0006 Eastern Time. Not listed under multiplayer in game. Havnt tried direct connect. Going to bed now just wanted to give a heads up.

SYN_Per
05-18-2011, 07:02 AM
Thx for heads-up. Server is now up again.

ATAG_Bliss
05-19-2011, 06:15 AM
Server has been updated to the official patch. Please post any problems you see. We are running Flashman's mission at the moment and want to make sure all the spawning/scripting events are working properly.

Thanks.

Ataros
05-19-2011, 07:46 AM
Server has been updated to the official patch. Please post any problems you see. We are running Flashman's mission at the moment and want to make sure all the spawning/scripting events are working properly.

Thanks.

Will you share your new mission in this thread please http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=21602&page=5 like others do?

Let's join community efforts to create better CloD online via learning from each other .
I am eager to have a look at your mission and scripts in FMB.

Thanks in advance!

ATAG_Bliss
05-19-2011, 07:52 AM
Will do m8. Flashy will have to do it considering my poor net atm. We just want to make sure it's actually working as intended 1st. Don't want other people trying to use stuff that that is broken :D

Ataros
05-19-2011, 07:59 AM
Will do m8. Flashy will have to do it considering my poor net atm. We just want to make sure it's actually working as intended 1st. Don't want other people trying to use stuff that that is broken :D

Thanks a lot!
I find it very difficult to finetune a missions not having ext.views ON. That's why we are running Repka with views temporary. I wish we could have an admin entrance to a server with ext.views.

Flashman
05-19-2011, 11:55 AM
HI Ataros,

AT the moment we are trying to get the mission to run smoothly and so far with the latest patch (14550) things are looking better.

As for the script.... well I have kind of pinched yours, made a few simples changes and have it running at the moment. I made my own submissions.

The mission itself is extremely simple and was originally created just to test the FMB really....that was 2 weeks ago! Still struggling with scripts, Spawning in hangars (though by using airfield points I have got rid of that to some extent) and despawning AI aircraft.

Once we have something stable I'll be happy to put it online for all to see.

Ataros
05-19-2011, 12:52 PM
though by using airfield points I have got rid of that to some extent

Did you manage to get them working? Only 2 AF points are used in my missions and then players spawn on an AF radius due to bugged AF points I think.

SYN_Per
05-19-2011, 06:00 PM
http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/3323/synserver5.jpg

Well, Bliss has gone hog-wild on the server and we are currently running a mission with at least some 300 ai in it. Come in today and give our server all it can handle.
Much appreciated! :grin:

ATAG_Bliss
05-19-2011, 06:04 PM
Well I had over 1500 Bombers in the air at once on there, but the loading times were about 5 minutes to get in. According to flashy it was still smooth. 300 different bombers going to target should be plenty though.

Blakduk
05-20-2011, 12:45 AM
Tried your server last night- had some fun but ran into a gaggle of 109's that circled just off the coast at approx 1000ft. I chased them at full throttle and managed to down three of them.... and no reaction from them other than to move their circuit overland.
I couldn't keep up with them so i let them go and headed back to base. Just as i was about to land i had a major screen freeze and (I think) slammed into the ground.
This was the first time i've had problems on your server- never had a screen freeze like that before.

Thee_oddball
05-20-2011, 12:56 AM
Well I had over 1500 Bombers in the air at once on there, but the loading times were about 5 minutes to get in. According to flashy it was still smooth. 300 different bombers going to target should be plenty though.

you guys are nuts!!!! :grin::grin: remember gentlemen a chain is as strong as its weakest link...your server maybe able to handle it but i doubt most people will be able to deal with more than 50 AI in there view at any given time ....but lets hope i am wrong :)

SYN_Per
05-20-2011, 07:18 AM
Thx all for flying on the server! Seems to run ok. Some lost sound though, including myself. Mine came back eventually. :)

Anvilfolk
05-20-2011, 02:07 PM
Played for a quick hour yesterday evening. I think I missed the high-times, since barely anyone was there. Had a good time, but I'd like to report a couple of things:
- Could not find the raids reported by radar for the life of me!
- I actually saw dots in the sky at the expected position, but once I got in closer they disappeared altogether. Had the same effect with the barrage balloons on the English coast.
- One of the ships in the convoy was sinking (permanently?). When I opened the console, I got constant messages about a bug related to a couple of ships. It said something about NaN, Not a Number. This is a C# issue, I assume, but it might be worth reporting or looking into.

Bear in mind that I'm running on a crappy, 2 year old laptop, and have to enable DX9 instead of DX10. I run at 15-20fps, and I'm guessing some of these faults might be at my end!

Thanks for putting the server up. Hope to fly there more often :)

jojovtx
05-20-2011, 02:39 PM
Couple things. Can we get a mission description here or somewhere web based so that we have a reference. I hate asking dumb questions because I cannot find the information elsewhere.

Why are the squadrons and aircraft limited at each airfield. If I want to fly a 110C4 I have to go to the furthest back airfield. Then I am limited to a Stabstaffel instead of being able to chose III./ZG26. If I want to be closer to the action I have to grab a 110C7, which I believe would be a less able performer than the C4 since it is equipped with bomb rack, as that is the only option at that airfield.

The airfield that has the only option for a 110C4 says to escort JU87 to Dover. Flown from that airfield numerous times and never could find any JU87 needing escort.

Just some questions for an otherwise escellent server. I have a great connection and am sure I will enjoy the map/missions more once I come to a greater understanding of whats going on. In the meantime though I fly from the rear airfield to Dover just in time for my sound to cut out or my game to crash. A bit aggravating yet not ya'lls fault. Thanks all.

Flashman
05-20-2011, 08:31 PM
Couple things. Can we get a mission description here or somewhere web based so that we have a reference. I hate asking dumb questions because I cannot find the information elsewhere.

Why are the squadrons and aircraft limited at each airfield. If I want to fly a 110C4 I have to go to the furthest back airfield. Then I am limited to a Stabstaffel instead of being able to chose III./ZG26. If I want to be closer to the action I have to grab a 110C7, which I believe would be a less able performer than the C4 since it is equipped with bomb rack, as that is the only option at that airfield.

The airfield that has the only option for a 110C4 says to escort JU87 to Dover. Flown from that airfield numerous times and never could find any JU87 needing escort.

Just some questions for an otherwise escellent server. I have a great connection and am sure I will enjoy the map/missions more once I come to a greater understanding of whats going on. In the meantime though I fly from the rear airfield to Dover just in time for my sound to cut out or my game to crash. A bit aggravating yet not ya'lls fault. Thanks all.

Hi jojovtx,

Thanks for the comments. The 110C4 will turn up in the near future, probably the next version of the mission. Your not the first to ask for it. To be honest, not many people fly ju 87s so you wont find many to escort! however now we are using more AI you might get the chance.

Unfortunately at the moment the briefing system doesn't work so giving people missions etc is quite tricky! Once they have that sorted we should be able to give all the required info.

To be honest the mission we are running at the moment is a test bed and is constantly evolving and as such some of the mission parameters get out of date. We are trying different techniques to enable AI all the time to see what we can actually do so anyone flying on Syndicate is taking part in a big experiment, sometimes it works sometimes not.

I did consider writing a mission brief but its changed so many times it would be out of date. As for airfields with only one plane type... its one of my 'things'. Certainly for the RAF there would often only be a single aircraft type or squadron at a given airfield and its likely it would have been the same for the lufwaffe to a certain extent.

Hope you enjoy the server, at the moment we are trying a mission with a constant AI presence using a new script technique and if it works the server will never be empty again! If it works......

Reider
05-20-2011, 11:34 PM
Tried to fly today after the hot fix was out. But i think its simply to mutch AI.
We tried to attack a Wellington formation. No chance!
Half of them flew sideways. Everything was warping around. And the server-messages had a 5 min delay.
Finally my game crashed.

I dont like AI plans anyway because its to easy to shoot them and they do stupid things.

I hope its just testing what you try. Its not playable

Sauf
05-21-2011, 05:40 AM
Server seems to be down.

edit* Is showing in game now but am getting the "connection to remote host failed reason:ServerFailAuthentication" msg

edit 2* Other ppl have joined so must be problem at my end :(

Ataros
05-21-2011, 06:35 AM
"connection to remote host failed reason:ServerFailAuthentication" msg

Just retry 3-4 times. This happens when server thinks you are still flying on it. You can see yourself in players list from the lobby browser.

Sauf
05-21-2011, 06:40 AM
Thx Atros, will keep trying.

S`

Flashman
05-21-2011, 08:25 AM
Tried to fly today after the hot fix was out. But i think its simply to mutch AI.
Half of them flew sideways. Everything was warping around. And the server-messages had a 5 min delay.
Finally my game crashed.

I dont like AI plans anyway because its to easy to shoot them and they do stupid things.

Hi reider,

We didnt have the hotfix applied at the time you joined so that might be an issue, plus we are trying new things all the time!

AI will be a feature simply because it gives people something to shoot at! They do do stupid things and I will be looking at settings and such and see if we can stop them rolling around the sky so much.

Try again, we have applied the hotfix.

609_Huetz
05-21-2011, 11:56 AM
We got a couple of 609 people on your server last night Flashman, to check out the mission you mentioned in chat the afternoon.

Quite contrary to Reider, we didn't experience any problems as far as lag (net or performance) on the AI planes goes. That was after the hotfix though.

One thing worth considering though (if it can be done), is to set the escort on a higher aggression level. Multiple times they would just continue their weaving with the formation of Stukas already under attack for minutes.

On two occasions, I had a Schwarm of 110s going right over the top of me while I was happily lighting up their Stukas.

The other issue experienced was the radar operators calling out those ghost contacts, that you occasionally see flying in the distance and when you get close, they disappear.

Those are however minor immersion issues, nothing big. The most important thing is that it seemed to run silk-smooth, even with a large number of AI aircraft and 3/4 people connecting to the server from Europe with comparably high pings.

Flashman
05-21-2011, 12:17 PM
One thing for folk to bear in mind is loading times of the mission. As the mission progess's lots of AI turn up and this can increase the load time considerably. Please be patient when joining the server.

Krähe
05-21-2011, 01:11 PM
Just finished an hour long flight, am getting the ghost formations as well, they disappear when you get close and then reapper behind you, the formation of Stukas with their escort was the only other aircraft spotted apart from a lone Spit flown by another player.
Lost sound at the exact same time that a message appeared saying "Wellington formation spotted in D20". Didnt acually lose sound it became more an intermitent stutter that seemed diectly related to the amount of throttle applied. On the bright side my fps averaged at 42fps which is about the best I've had online.

PS, Flashman AAA was working fine, really noticable over Dover :)

Anyway was great fun, keep up the good work.
S`

ATAG_Bliss
05-21-2011, 01:19 PM
We got a couple of 609 people on your server last night Flashman, to check out the mission you mentioned in chat the afternoon.

Quite contrary to Reider, we didn't experience any problems as far as lag (net or performance) on the AI planes goes. That was after the hotfix though.

One thing worth considering though (if it can be done), is to set the escort on a higher aggression level. Multiple times they would just continue their weaving with the formation of Stukas already under attack for minutes.

On two occasions, I had a Schwarm of 110s going right over the top of me while I was happily lighting up their Stukas.

The other issue experienced was the radar operators calling out those ghost contacts, that you occasionally see flying in the distance and when you get close, they disappear.

Those are however minor immersion issues, nothing big. The most important thing is that it seemed to run silk-smooth, even with a large number of AI aircraft and 3/4 people connecting to the server from Europe with comparably high pings.

I noticed the AI needs to be more aggressive. I got behind a group of 30 He 111's and sat there ripping away at them (I only have arrow keys to fly with) and while their gunners were shooting at me, none of them even got close to hitting me. I wonder if just changing their ability level will do that, of if you have to change the way point characteristic to make them be more aggressive. Something to test anyway.

Another thing to realize, is that ping doesn't really matter in IL2COD. It's virtually identical (the way it looks to me) as old IL2 where many people still fly online without a lag in the world on 56k modems. Seeing people with 300-400 ping was/is normal. And considering I seem to be doing it with a worse connection than 56k at the moment, 10,000 miles from the server, I'd say it's also just like the old netcode. Which is a very good thing! I know you're used to ROF, but just remember ping doesn't really matter in IL2 that much. Consistency of service is the main thing. From monitoring the bandwidth, an individual client is only using about 40kbps max at any given time.

Thee_oddball
05-21-2011, 04:21 PM
Finally my game crashed.

system specs? and what kind of internet connection do you have?

jojovtx
05-21-2011, 08:15 PM
I had the same issue today as quoted problem. Specs below, Cable 12MB/s connect.

Thee_oddball
05-21-2011, 10:11 PM
I had the same issue today as quoted problem. Specs below, Cable 12MB/s connect.

hmmm i had the same problem on my own server a while back while testing how mant AI i could have....the AI would start flying through the ground and warping through the air......but if i left the server and came back in they wre all flying normally.....I am wondering if the net code has some kind of...cache limit? buffer limit? that becomes full and once you leave and reenter it starts empty again....

S!

609_Huetz
05-21-2011, 10:43 PM
There seems to have been some lag issues tonight, with some massive "spikes" going for minutes sometimes. It ultimately went back to being somewhat smoother but when I logged off there was still quite a bit of warping going on.

I did also restart three or four time during my session (sound bug), so I doubt it's in the netcode.

Given that Per told me that there wasn't much activity on Vent and the RoF server, that could have been a general net issue though.

Thee_oddball
05-21-2011, 10:55 PM
There seems to have been some lag issues tonight, with some massive "spikes" going for minutes sometimes. It ultimately went back to being somewhat smoother but when I logged off there was still quite a bit of warping going on.

I did also restart three or four time during my session (sound bug), so I doubt it's in the netcode.

Given that Per told me that there wasn't much activity on Vent and the RoF server, that could have been a general net issue though.

could you put your system spec in your sig plz ? :)
Given the hardware that SYN is using I find it REALLY unlikly that it maxed out the servers resource;s which leaves only 2 possibilities.
A. the Server Code is not optimized or
B. it was your PC that was overloaded

S!

Flashman
05-21-2011, 11:45 PM
A few posts talk about the agressiveness (or lack thereof) of the AI.

At the moment the AI is all set to the stock skill level (IVE FORGOTTEN ITS NAME, IM TYPING THIS FROM MY LAPTOP, ITS LATE AND IM TIRED!... damn, just noticed..and i cant be bothered fixing the capslock error!!): I haven't adjusted it. There are two ways or perhaps making them more agressive. One is to up the skill level and this might do it, the other is to change the AI fighter covers 'mission'

Currently fighters near bombers are set to 'escort' the bombers using the FMB function. I don't fully know at which point they decide to intevene. ANother setting I could use is 'Free hunt' and have them fly the same route as the bombers. On free hunt they definately do attack but as soon as they engage the first enemy aircraft the bombers will be stripped of their cover.

We are still learning over at Syndicate and the missions are updated quite often and we try and keep in mind ideas we see here (though of course do not make any gaurantees suggestions here will be included!).

AT the moment The mission we are running is doing two jobs: 1) seeing and learning what we can achieve with the FMB, 2) testing it on you lot! The mission itself is probably not particularily balanced or historically accurate but what we learn from this we will apply to future missions which have more focus.

There are still things which need fixing such as the sound and disappearing formations. I also found Wellingtons today with the props not turning. Also the problem of time. Currently we are running constant time (your cockpit clock always shows 8am). there seems to be an issue with allowing the time to flow because different players seem to be on the server at the same time but in thier own time frames. We have had players on at 'night' and during the 'day' at the same gametime previously!

So still lots to get sorted, but things are progressing.

jojovtx
05-22-2011, 12:35 AM
I was able to play again some this afternoon and was able to keep sound the whole time. I came across a formation of Wellingtons and though all was well. About the third pass I made at the formation they sarted their warping/zooming sideways again. I ran into one which obviously destroyed my whole aircraft. As I watched from my deathcam I saw the formation turn and fly away as if nothing was ever wrong. Not sure what's up as I have no issues over on another online server.

On a positive note I was able to select my beloved 110C4 and squadron from a near frontline airfield. Really like the new setup and changes.

609_Huetz
05-22-2011, 02:13 AM
could you put your system spec in your sig plz ? :)
Given the hardware that SYN is using I find it REALLY unlikly that it maxed out the servers resource;s which leaves only 2 possibilities.
A. the Server Code is not optimized or
B. it was your PC that was overloaded

S!

Oh, my system is running fine, so is my netspeed. I was on the server yesterday with about the same amount of players ~30 and a hell of a lot more AI and it was completely lag free.

I will however take time tomorrow and post my specs, just to lazy to do it now. It's late ;) Thanks for trying to help anyways! S!

I think everyone frequenting is also well aware of the hard work you guys are doing Flashman, and it is well appreciated. There's not too many places where I can fight 109s above 16k feet ;)

So still lots to get sorted, but things are progressing.

And in a good way, if I may add.

ZaltysZ
05-22-2011, 07:44 AM
Yesterday I got warping, huge FPS fluctuations and some periodic freezes. FPS periodically jumped from 50 to 18-30 over the water. This reminded me similar situation on Repka server, when unneeded object were not removed correctly and server began to lag after a few hours.

What script are you using? Are object cleared and how often? Yesterday I created 3 BF's and left them on field, then I went on my routine preparation for sleeping and after 10min. those BFs were still standing on field with their props turning.

ZaltysZ
05-22-2011, 08:32 AM
Given the hardware that SYN is using I find it REALLY unlikly that it maxed out the servers resource;

If it is sync related issue, server may not max out on its resource usage at all. It will just waste lots of time waiting while everything is getting synced. Lags with large client amount and object count, but with mediocre resource usage -> probable sync problem. :mad:

ATAG_Bliss
05-22-2011, 08:40 AM
Yesterday I got warping, huge FPS fluctuations and some periodic freezes. FPS periodically jumped from 50 to 18-30 over the water. This reminded me similar situation on Repka server, when unneeded object were not removed correctly and server began to lag after a few hours.

What script are you using? Are object cleared and how often? Yesterday I created 3 BF's and left them on field, then I went on my routine preparation for sleeping and after 10min. those BFs were still standing on field with their props turning.

I wonder if it has something to do with the time being constant? From the patch notes, it looks like all parked or destroyed AI controlled planes were supposed to despawn.

I noticed some big of the big fuel tanks at Dover were constantly exploding, I watched them for 15 minutes (quite a slide show trying to fly) and they never stopped. I wonder if that has to do with the game time being constantly the same?

For now, I've taken the time constant off and the map starts at 5:30AM to test. Seems like that setting could be causing issues with scripts. Flashman is also using AI removal scripts as well, but I don't know which version. The amount of bombers in that mission would leave 1000's upon 1000's of planes left if they dont despawn over the course of 1/2 a day.

Thanks for the feedback and let us know if they are despawning now / performance.

Edit: Another thing I forgot, was we enabled steam cloud on the server. Well I didn't think to change the process affinity back, so yesterday it was probably only using one core (that hurts lol) so it should be back to all 12 now.

roadczar
05-22-2011, 09:39 PM
Nice server, but it is very slow to join...

Blakduk
05-22-2011, 10:56 PM
Hi guys- still enjoying your server very much but i too have noticed the intermittant slowing down of the framerates. I'm not sure if its my connection lagging a bit, however it didn't do this when i first starting using it.
I also noticed that when clouds were over the base i spawned on my framerate was rubbish.
On another note- i chased a He111 and was happily knocking bits off him as i chased him over the French coast. He suddenly vanished in front of me, leaving me with bugger-all ammo and fuel over unfriendly territory. I managed to get home by making straight for my base but it was a bit of a disapointing end to what had been an interesting engagement. I assume it was an AI He111 as there was no message displayed when he vanished.

Tiger27
05-23-2011, 01:54 AM
Nice server, but it is very slow to join...

Yes it was taking me a long time to get on to Syndicate, it was loading to about 98% then the sitting for ages, sometimes I would get on, other times it would time out, it was very much like when there was the issue with grass, where the loading bar would just keep going without loading.

I tried the airquake server and got on that without a problem, it was quite smooth as well, but I would prefer full real.

Thanks to all the hosts out there, can't wait until all these issues are resolved.

Although it is not a competition, I noticed more people were flying CoD last night than were on the ROF servers, I wish we could get more for both games.

jojovtx
05-23-2011, 06:05 PM
Flew a quick sortie at lunch today. Noticed some changes had been made that made me a very happy camper. I like the option of having the 110C4/7 and JU88A1 along with a long list of squadrons to choose from, namely III/ZG26 and choosing the 3rd squad makes it essentially 9./ZG26 and I like to represent. :cool:

The biggest change is that I don't have just three airfields I can spawn in at. I was able to spawn in wherever I wanted. The server loaded faster, played smoother, had the options I like, and all airfields work for me now. My sound still cut out on me as I was ditching in the channel though. Yet I believe that is something ya'll have no control over. There were 15 people in game and ping was around 50. I have realtek audio.

ATAG_Bliss
05-23-2011, 07:09 PM
Thanks for the feedback. I'm currently working on the airfields and bringing them to life. Adding more objectives, etc. I didn't see an error in chat for the 3 hours I was on there earlier. I figure some of the scripts we were using were causing some errors, so I'm doing it all in the FMB and some .txt editing.

I'll be putting an updated version up in the next few days after I get the ground stuff all sorted out.

Please let us know if you any more problems.

Seeker
05-23-2011, 08:57 PM
A few posts talk about the agressiveness (or lack thereof) of the AI.

At the moment the AI is all set to the stock skill level (IVE FORGOTTEN ITS NAME, IM TYPING THIS FROM MY LAPTOP, ITS LATE AND IM TIRED!... damn, just noticed..and i cant be bothered fixing the capslock error!!): I haven't adjusted it. There are two ways or perhaps making them more agressive. One is to up the skill level and this might do it, the other is to change the AI fighter covers 'mission'

I think the AI presence very important and entertaining, I'm not sure how realistic formations of Wellies at 10 K in daylight over the channel is, and I really don't care, they draw the bait nicely, and in effect are no more than a flying ground target, no one complains about dumb AI when they're strafing a truck column ! :)

And of course, the only way to fly a Hurri is head on in to a bunch of He111's, and it's not so easy to arrange more than three or four bombers in a group on any server.

So please keep the AI coming!

There seem to be a lot more AI parameters to tweak than just the basic skill levels in the new FMB.

Ze-Jamz
05-23-2011, 09:18 PM
Yea the more AI the better.. even if there are 30 people on this server i still find myself flying around for ages sometimes not seeing anyone..

The map is massive, maybe even too big..

nice server

Flashman
05-23-2011, 10:22 PM
AT the moment we are experimenting with different methods of using AI and populating the map. Bliss is going down one route, whilst im trying another (don't ask.....my method involves swearing at scripts!) to see what we can get out of this game. Its all part of the fun!

We started with a base mission and are moving on from there and as such you may see different features each time you visit and the AI may well be different as well. SOmetimes it will be a step forward, sometimes one back! I will be trying the latest version of my project tomorrow to see how well submissions within submissions work....should be fun!

As for the sound: we think spawning flights may be a trigger for sound loss, either as spawning sub-missions or within the main mission. TBH its a job for 1C to fix and I don't thinks there is much we can do to avoid it except for doing without AI. And I think now we have all had a taste of AI mixed with human opponents most of us don't want to go back! (though I wish the wellingtons wouldn't do fast barrel rolls!)

ANyway, keep an eye out for interesting things on Syndicate, and thanks for your patience.

Thee_oddball
05-23-2011, 10:56 PM
Yea the more AI the better.. even if there are 30 people on this server i still find myself flying around for ages sometimes not seeing anyone..

The map is massive, maybe even too big..

nice server

I thought i saw luthier say something about 1/2 and 1/4 size channel maps coming :) lets hope so :)

Flashman
05-24-2011, 07:23 PM
Our master server has gone down temporarily (20:20 UK time, tuesday 24th May)

Hopefully be back up soon. Unscheduled maintenance I understand....

Flashman
05-24-2011, 08:16 PM
Server back up.

Flashman
05-27-2011, 09:03 AM
We are currently trying different methods of spawning aircraft using scripts. One issue this raises is that as the mission goes on the ping rises and the mission load time takes longer. We are monitoring this to prevent it becoming excessive (and whilst looking for solutions).

Please be patient when connecting to the server. At times this can take several minutes, and once joined it can take a while before you can select a team. Those of you from the IL2 days will remember how long some of the load times where on the modded servers... this is similar.

Ypu can connect, but occasionally this takes a while. Thanks for your patience.

Sauf
05-29-2011, 05:43 AM
Hi SYN, just thought I'd let you know that the AI seem to have dissappeared from the server, just flew 2 one hour long missons without spotting any and recieved no radio msg's reporting them.

S`

Blackrat
05-29-2011, 07:13 AM
Ah, it will need restarting then :-) AI don't grow on trees you know ;)

Flashman
05-29-2011, 04:16 PM
Hi SYN, just thought I'd let you know that the AI seem to have dissappeared from the server, just flew 2 one hour long missons without spotting any and recieved no radio msg's reporting them.

S`

Hi Sauf,

The mission we currently have running has around 6 - 7 hours of AI aircraft and then needs restarting but we are not always around (no way of restarting automoatically or starting another mission yet).

Occasionally this will happen, but we do try and restart regularily.

Sauf
05-29-2011, 08:21 PM
Np Flashman, I realise you guy's are trying different things so thought I'd report just in case, appreciate your efforts, keep up the good work.

S`

Seeker
05-29-2011, 11:35 PM
As for the sound: we think spawning flights may be a trigger for sound loss, either as spawning sub-missions or within the main mission.

I think we can confirm this, although there's still something odd.

We were flying on a Squad mate's game box as a server tonight, and normaly when we do that we have no sound problems, while we all have sound problems on the larger online servers, leading us to initialy belive the sound problem was linked to the dedicated server only.

However, our squad mate forgot to password the server tonight, and other people kept joining.

The first blue player to join caused a very small stutter and then we all lost sound.

Mind you, it only happened that once, and I believe indeed the mission had sub missions loading.

We also saw a single phantom 109E icon hovering over Hawkinge. This is the first time we've seen this on a client based server, and the first time we've seen it happen to a fighter. We have regularly seen the phenomenon on the larger servers with AI bombers, whole formations of disembodied aircrew hovering in space!

Sauf
05-31-2011, 02:48 AM
Hi, though the sunset was indeed beautiful it is now dark :)

S`