PDA

View Full Version : Rear gunner with mouse?

JG52Uther
04-02-2011, 04:42 PM
Any way to set the gunner up so he can be controlled with the mouse like in original il2? All I see are key commands.

Ailantd
04-02-2011, 05:59 PM
Any way to set the gunner up so he can be controlled with the mouse like in original il2? All I see are key commands.

Press F10 to start using mouse the old style. You need to configure some key to open or configure for combat the turret when necessary and another key to aproach to the gun if you want to aim properly. Anyway there are some turrets that are not working as they should ( or I´m still missing something here ), stuka is one I could not move whatever I do.

Remon
04-02-2011, 08:49 PM
Press F10 to start using mouse the old style. You need to configure some key to open or configure for combat the turret when necessary and another key to aproach to the gun if you want to aim properly. Anyway there are some turrets that are not working as they should ( or I´m still missing something here ), stuka is one I could not move whatever I do.

Press ctrl+O

sevcav
04-03-2011, 03:04 PM
What was the default F10 key slaved to? Think I may have changed it, and un-able to take control of turret as suggested. Still having to use Shift-arrows which is useless.

Another note: Sometimes the realism selections prevent you from changing positions. I noticed when going to multiplayer, my single player configuration reset to "no crew position change". Took me a bit to figure out what changed.

Thanks for any in-sight, not sure why so much was deviated from old IL-2 that most of had years of working with, but alas change is bound to come.

wobblyone
04-03-2011, 05:31 PM
Default F10 is to look around with the mouse rather than the hat switch, inside the cockpit and externaly.
As for the turrets. I can cycle around the positions using Ctrl+C, Ctrl+0 for firing position, Shift +F1 for straps, F10 to move the gun, but I cannot for the life of me fire the thing ! I was hoping for a left mouse click to do the job.

Saintblu
04-03-2011, 05:34 PM
I got the mouse to work for the turrets but when I fire the guns the turret stops! Also, even when I select reverse elevation traverse it doesnt reverse it.

JZG_Con
04-04-2011, 12:21 AM
Default F10 is to look around with the mouse rather than the hat switch, inside the cockpit and externaly.
As for the turrets. I can cycle around the positions using Ctrl+C, Ctrl+0 for firing position, Shift +F1 for straps, F10 to move the gun, but I cannot for the life of me fire the thing ! I was hoping for a left mouse click to do the job.

thanks was trying to work out why the mouse wasnt working ill give that a go ..tomorrow , nice one

garskem8402
04-04-2011, 01:01 AM
I have the same problem as Saintblu, that when I fire the gun you cannot move the turret. Is it suppose to be like this or have I not set something up right?

Goanna
04-04-2011, 02:17 AM
I change to the gunners seat the press CTRL+O (Toggle Park Position in Turret category), then F10 (Toggle Independant Mode in Camera category), then SHFT+F1(Loosen Straps in View category) and I can fire(Left mouse click)/move with my mouse.. the up/down movement with my mouse is reversed to what it is in 1946 though and I can't fire and move at the same time.

Cheers

Goanna

wobblyone
04-06-2011, 04:14 PM
Still can't suss out how to fire the guns. This is really frustrating....!!

335th_GRAthos
04-07-2011, 06:53 AM
I change to the gunners seat the press CTRL+O (Toggle Park Position in Turret category), then F10 (Toggle Independant Mode in Camera category), then SHFT+F1(Loosen Straps in View category) and I can fire(Left mouse click)/move with my mouse.. the up/down movement with my mouse is reversed to what it is in 1946 though and I can't fire and move at the same time.

Cheers

Goanna

Thanks! I will try it today (I got desparate yesterday inside a Stuka, not been able to move the rear gun and all these Hurris zooming at me AAAAAAARGH !

Fusek
04-08-2011, 05:06 PM
As said before, you have to switch the guns from cruise mode to active mode, andloosen shoulderstraps to man the gun. Vertical mouse movement is inverted, and I can't for the life of me move the actual turret, only the gun. Shooting is ok though, I downed several 110 wingmen :D

Hooves
04-15-2011, 05:48 PM
MY problem is the gun on teh 110 keep sauto centering back to aft. I cant keep it where I want for the life of me. whats going on there?

Letum
04-15-2011, 06:40 PM
Ctr+O mans the gun
Shift+F1 looks down the sights
Arrow keys move the turret
F10 enables mouse control
left click fires

Sokol1
04-19-2011, 01:41 AM
As rear gunner you need luck!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=quqbDnH9qFU&feature=player_embedded

MG is lag to mouse movements, hard to proper aim.

Sokol1

CBA_Bludawg
04-19-2011, 02:11 AM
wtf no muzzle flash either or recoil that needs fixed as well

tf_neuro
04-19-2011, 02:46 AM
Thanks for this thread really fixed some problems for me.
However, there's one thing I can't do yet: when in the turret with mouse control, the pitch axis is inverted but the yaw axis is not.

In other words, while I have to move mouse down to aim higher, I also have to move mouse right to aim right, and not the other way around as I would expect.

I don't know you, but this is confusing to me.
I can either think of the mouse as 'holding' the butt or the barrel.

If the mouse 'holds' the butt, axes should be inverted: mouse down to aim up, mouse left to aim right.

If the mouse 'holds' the barrel, axes should be not inverted: mouse up to aim up, mouse right to aim right.

However, with the current default configuration we have the mouse 'holding' the gun butt when moving up/down (inverted) but at the same time it 'holds' the barrel when moving left/right (move right to aim right).

I'm not saying change the default, even tho I actually think that it should be one way or the other, not 'mixed' as it is right now, I know there are a lot of more important things to fix and that one can wait.

All i'm asking for is a way to change the orientation of one axis, and have them both either inverted or not inverted. It doesnt really matters if they're inverted or not, the only important thing is that they work both the same way

Is there a way to change the orientation of one mouse axis in the turret? I tried looking but I couldnt find it... OK, I often miss stuff that is right before my nose, but I would probably keep missing it until someone points me there, so I could use some help

thanks.

justme262
04-19-2011, 07:36 AM
there is a button to invert the axis... but it doesn't work. tried it over and over...
the turret in the Br20 is inverted horizontal and vertical, so at least it's consistent.