PDA

View Full Version : F12 takes screenshot; does not re-centre TrackIR

Russkly
03-31-2011, 04:45 PM
Steam site doesn't say how to disable this feature.

Not interested in screenies (at least not yet), but I am very interested in re-centring TrackIR!

Also, anyone get the "Enable TrackIR" option in one of the "Controls" menus to work? I allocated T to this important function, but, unless TrackIR is enabled prior to game starting, it won't turn on by pressing that key. Which means leaving the game, turning on TrackIR, and then re-starting the game (not easy with all the launcher errors I'm getting!).

Always fun at the start...

R

F16_Petter
03-31-2011, 04:46 PM
Steam site doesn't say how to disable this feature.

Not interested in screenies (at least not yet), but I am very interested in re-centring TrackIR!

Also, anyone get the "Enable TrackIR" option in one of the "Controls" menus to work? I allocated T to this important function, but, unless TrackIR is enabled prior to game starting, it won't turn on by pressing that key. Which means leaving the game, turning on TrackIR, and then re-starting the game (not easy with all the launcher errors I'm getting!).

Always fun at the start...

R

You can change the recenter hotkey button in the Track Ir software to something else = problem solved.

Targ
03-31-2011, 04:47 PM
Make sure the F12 key is trapped in your trackir software. That way nothing will over ride it.

CharveL
03-31-2011, 04:54 PM
And until there's a game update to include CoD in TrackIR you'll actually have to manually start TIR before CoD. Not really that big a deal is it for now?

I'm sure the TIR game update won't be long.

F16_Petter
03-31-2011, 05:00 PM
Make sure the F12 key is trapped in your trackir software. That way nothing will over ride it.

That won´t help steam from taking screenshots, it will only lead to resetting track ir AND taking screenshot.

Solution for steam users, switch Track IR hotkey to something not used by steam and not used by IL2.

Russkly
03-31-2011, 05:08 PM
You can change the recenter hotkey button in the Track Ir software to something else = problem solved.

Gotcha. Ta. Didn't know my own TrackIR software!

Solution for steam users, switch Track IR hotkey to something not used by steam and not used by IL2.

Have you been through this process already? If so, do you know of an unmapped key (by default)? Might save some people a lot of trial and error. I didn't know Steam used F12 for screenshots; apparently it normally uses F5.

@Charvel: No, it's not a big deal, and I have to do it for RoF, for example. I was just wondering if I'd done something wrong with the "Enable TrackIR" option in the "Controls" menu of Clod, that's all.

R

sigur_ros
03-31-2011, 05:10 PM
@CharveL CoD uses old IL2 profile so no game update

Targ
03-31-2011, 05:17 PM
That won´t help steam from taking screenshots, it will only lead to resetting track ir AND taking screenshot.

You is wrong be sure.

If you trap the F12 key in track IR than no other program may use the F12 Key. So no screen shot's .

Just to be sure I checked and no screen shots in my steam folders online or offline.

I use F12 on my hotas to center trackir.

vicinity
03-31-2011, 05:21 PM
Go into your settings in steam and across to the ingame tab. You can change or remove steams default screenshot key from there.

F16_Petter
03-31-2011, 05:39 PM
You is wrong be sure.

If you trap the F12 key in track IR than no other program may use the F12 Key. So no screen shot's .

Just to be sure I checked and no screen shots in my steam folders online or offline.

I use F12 on my hotas to center trackir.

Great find, what TIR software version?`

Users might also be warned that steam uses shift-tab to access "steam chat etc"

So if you are thinking of mapping the il2 cod console like in il2, dont.

Targ
03-31-2011, 05:40 PM
The latest one v5.1

Athosd
04-02-2011, 06:23 AM
I have trackir 5 with the 5.1 driver, it is set to trap F12 as recenter, and Steam has the screenshot feature turned off - yet trackir still does not respond to F12 recenter command while IL2:CoD is running.
It functions normally in IL2:1946 - anyone else having the same issue? Any suggestions?

Thanks