Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Technical threads > Controls threads

Controls threads Everything about controls in CoD

Old 03-31-2011, 03:45 PM
Approved Member

Default F12 takes screenshot; does not re-centre TrackIR

Steam site doesn't say how to disable this feature.

Not interested in screenies (at least not yet), but I am very interested in re-centring TrackIR!

Also, anyone get the "Enable TrackIR" option in one of the "Controls" menus to work? I allocated T to this important function, but, unless TrackIR is enabled prior to game starting, it won't turn on by pressing that key. Which means leaving the game, turning on TrackIR, and then re-starting the game (not easy with all the launcher errors I'm getting!).

Always fun at the start...

R
Old 03-31-2011, 03:46 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russkly View Post
Steam site doesn't say how to disable this feature.

Not interested in screenies (at least not yet), but I am very interested in re-centring TrackIR!

Also, anyone get the "Enable TrackIR" option in one of the "Controls" menus to work? I allocated T to this important function, but, unless TrackIR is enabled prior to game starting, it won't turn on by pressing that key. Which means leaving the game, turning on TrackIR, and then re-starting the game (not easy with all the launcher errors I'm getting!).

Always fun at the start...

R
You can change the recenter hotkey button in the Track Ir software to something else = problem solved.
Old 03-31-2011, 03:47 PM
Approved Member

Make sure the F12 key is trapped in your trackir software. That way nothing will over ride it.
Old 03-31-2011, 03:54 PM
Approved Member

And until there's a game update to include CoD in TrackIR you'll actually have to manually start TIR before CoD. Not really that big a deal is it for now?

I'm sure the TIR game update won't be long.
Old 03-31-2011, 04:00 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Targ View Post
Make sure the F12 key is trapped in your trackir software. That way nothing will over ride it.
That won´t help steam from taking screenshots, it will only lead to resetting track ir AND taking screenshot.

Solution for steam users, switch Track IR hotkey to something not used by steam and not used by IL2.
Old 03-31-2011, 04:08 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by F16_Petter View Post
You can change the recenter hotkey button in the Track Ir software to something else = problem solved.
Gotcha. Ta. Didn't know my own TrackIR software!

Quote:
Solution for steam users, switch Track IR hotkey to something not used by steam and not used by IL2.
Have you been through this process already? If so, do you know of an unmapped key (by default)? Might save some people a lot of trial and error. I didn't know Steam used F12 for screenshots; apparently it normally uses F5.

@Charvel: No, it's not a big deal, and I have to do it for RoF, for example. I was just wondering if I'd done something wrong with the "Enable TrackIR" option in the "Controls" menu of Clod, that's all.

R
Old 03-31-2011, 04:10 PM
Approved Member

@CharveL CoD uses old IL2 profile so no game update
Old 03-31-2011, 04:17 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
That won´t help steam from taking screenshots, it will only lead to resetting track ir AND taking screenshot.

You is wrong be sure.

If you trap the F12 key in track IR than no other program may use the F12 Key. So no screen shot's .

Just to be sure I checked and no screen shots in my steam folders online or offline.

I use F12 on my hotas to center trackir.
Old 03-31-2011, 04:21 PM
Approved Member

Go into your settings in steam and across to the ingame tab. You can change or remove steams default screenshot key from there.
Old 03-31-2011, 04:39 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Targ View Post
You is wrong be sure.

If you trap the F12 key in track IR than no other program may use the F12 Key. So no screen shot's .

Just to be sure I checked and no screen shots in my steam folders online or offline.

I use F12 on my hotas to center trackir.
Great find, what TIR software version?`

Users might also be warned that steam uses shift-tab to access "steam chat etc"

So if you are thinking of mapping the il2 cod console like in il2, dont.