PDA

View Full Version : Game Shuts down computer after 15 minutes

r6456
09-23-2010, 02:25 AM
I played the game on steam for a total of 250 hours with no problems. About 3 or 4 months ago the game would cause the computer to crash after about 15 minutes, it would just go to a blank screen and I would need to reboot. I ask steam support for help and after several attempts to fix, I gave up. I really like the game and I purchased crossworlds hoping I would not have the same problem, however I do. I think other people are having the same problem and there is a solution, but I need help finding the solution.
Running Vista, NVIDIA GeForce 9400 gt. I downloaded the current dirver, updated direct x

Pwnd
09-23-2010, 02:44 AM
Unfortunately that probably means that your computer is overheating. I have had the same problem with a few high-performance games (including crossworlds). My 3 years old computer simply couldn't handle it.

Good reason to go out and buy a new kick-ass computer :grin:

dougrob173
09-27-2010, 05:32 PM
Like the previous poster said, it's probably a graphics chip overheating. If you want to keep your old hardware, I would tone down some of the graphics options, especially Anisotropic filtering, anti-aliasing, texture detail, etc. That should at least reduce the strain on the graphics card enough so you can play for a couple hours without crashing.

ludak021
10-03-2010, 11:13 PM
Like the previous poster said, it's probably a graphics chip overheating. If you want to keep your old hardware, I would tone down some of the graphics options, especially Anisotropic filtering, anti-aliasing, texture detail, etc. That should at least reduce the strain on the graphics card enough so you can play for a couple hours without crashing.

or you could all just clean off that dust and spiders out before getting a new PSU, buying a new computer should be last resort. Nothing should overheat on default hardware settings if there is no dust and at least one intake fan.