Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Armored Princess > Technical problems and solutions

Technical problems and solutions Armored Princess questions and solutions

Old 09-23-2010, 01:25 AM
Registered Member

Default Game Shuts down computer after 15 minutes

I played the game on steam for a total of 250 hours with no problems. About 3 or 4 months ago the game would cause the computer to crash after about 15 minutes, it would just go to a blank screen and I would need to reboot. I ask steam support for help and after several attempts to fix, I gave up. I really like the game and I purchased crossworlds hoping I would not have the same problem, however I do. I think other people are having the same problem and there is a solution, but I need help finding the solution.
Running Vista, NVIDIA GeForce 9400 gt. I downloaded the current dirver, updated direct x
Old 09-23-2010, 01:44 AM
Approved Member

Unfortunately that probably means that your computer is overheating. I have had the same problem with a few high-performance games (including crossworlds). My 3 years old computer simply couldn't handle it.

Good reason to go out and buy a new kick-ass computer
Old 09-27-2010, 04:32 PM
Registered Member

Like the previous poster said, it's probably a graphics chip overheating. If you want to keep your old hardware, I would tone down some of the graphics options, especially Anisotropic filtering, anti-aliasing, texture detail, etc. That should at least reduce the strain on the graphics card enough so you can play for a couple hours without crashing.
Old 10-03-2010, 10:13 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougrob173 View Post
Like the previous poster said, it's probably a graphics chip overheating. If you want to keep your old hardware, I would tone down some of the graphics options, especially Anisotropic filtering, anti-aliasing, texture detail, etc. That should at least reduce the strain on the graphics card enough so you can play for a couple hours without crashing.
or you could all just clean off that dust and spiders out before getting a new PSU, buying a new computer should be last resort. Nothing should overheat on default hardware settings if there is no dust and at least one intake fan.