PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible to mod the difficulty level settings?

jpinard
01-06-2010, 10:51 PM
I would like to mod the Hard difficutly level to only increase the numbers of enemies, but leave all the other settings at the "normal" difficulty level. Is this possible?

In Civ IV and many other games you can change some ini or xml settings so you can adjust certain parameters for the difficulty level.

Mandea
01-07-2010, 06:42 AM
good question, I would also like this.

rancor26
01-07-2010, 11:53 AM
You can find all settings related to difficulty in logic.txt which can be found in ses.kfs:
http://i47.tinypic.com/2ns9jmh.jpg

phalzyr
01-07-2010, 02:08 PM
if like first game all you have to do is use any unzip utiility to open those files, and can remove orig file afterwards. I play KB with everythign unzipped :)

Also note the their is a lua file that controls how many runes you get each level (again if it is like first game) it had hero in the name not sure though. Hero.txt also can change begining leadership and what is offered each levelup etc... (again if it is like first game) I can't wait for AP :D but never buy digital so... waiting

jpinard
01-09-2010, 12:37 AM
This may seem like a really silly thing to ask, but if I alter/mod this - will the game still post a high score for the records page?

Mandea
01-09-2010, 09:21 AM
You can find all settings related to difficulty in logic.txt which can be found in ses.kfs:

I have common sense, however, I have to admit I don't how to make the monsters' parties stronges. I want to make leave normal difficulty with only one change: make the enemies have 10% more troops. (10% extra leadership I guess). I don't know which one of those settings is the one I'm looking for.
do you think you can help me?

rancor26
01-09-2010, 09:47 AM
I have common sense, however, I have to admit I don't how to make the monsters' parties stronges. I want to make leave normal difficulty with only one change: make the enemies have 10% more troops. (10% extra leadership I guess). I don't know which one of those settings is the one I'm looking for.
do you think you can help me?

Yes i can help you ;):

http://i50.tinypic.com/2kpopf.jpg

Mandea
01-09-2010, 10:55 AM
thank you very much. :)

jpinard
01-12-2010, 05:00 AM
Excellent, thank you Rancor.

aytacf
01-21-2010, 03:01 PM
if you change that - leadership of enemy encountered in normal mode (alead) - from 1.0 to 1.1 as rancor suggested, then shouldn't you change the corresponding (exp) to 1.1 too for the sake of balancing (in easier direction)

or i guess my question is, in the above screenshot, does the "exp" stand for experience from enemy combat? (like if you kill an archer in easy you get -- exparcherX0.5, where as if you killed an archer in normal you'd get -- exparcherX1) if that's the case then what would "spexp" stand for? and "rage" and "manarage"? that you get less rage and mana in harder modes than you would get in easier modes?

The Rider
01-21-2010, 04:46 PM
Quite the opposite, if you change this, Amelie will gain levels slower :) In this line you change the experience needed for next level

aytacf
01-21-2010, 07:08 PM
Quite the opposite, if you change this, Amelie will gain levels slower :) In this line you change the experience needed for next level
thanks, how about spexp? whats that supposed to do?

The Rider
01-22-2010, 05:42 AM
if I remember correct, it is dragon pet experience ratio (bigger values = slower level gain). this is also altered by class value in hero.txt (smaller values = slower level gain)