Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Technical threads > Vehicle and Terrain threads

Vehicle and Terrain threads Discussions about environment and vehicles in CoD

Old 07-06-2011, 09:31 AM
Approved Member

Exclamation better clouds and trees in next patch ?

Hi Luthier,

dont know if you will read this, probably you know already and it has been posted elsewhere?
Anyhow, could you take care that the clouds in "Cliffs of Dover" some day may look like the clouds in "Rise of Flight" ? They look much better than CloD clouds (without causing framerate loss!)!!!

With the trees it is the same. In Rise of Flight you cannot fly through trees like in Cliffs of Dover, if you do so, you crash.

What is possible in Rise of Flight,
should also be possible in Cliffs of Dover, no ?

Sorry if I dare to express again criticism, or make suggestions for improvements, see it the way you like. I know you guys are somehow allergic to that but for an improved, better flightsim, I gladly take the risk of being banned again. I`m not flying Cliffs of Dover anymore anyway until it has drastically improved !
Old 07-06-2011, 09:34 AM
Approved Member

Not another comparison thread, Please
Old 07-06-2011, 09:48 AM
Approved Member

Agree with Doc, this is getting a bit tiresome these comparison threads...
Old 07-06-2011, 10:09 AM
Tvrdi

yes no comparisions, at least CLOD will now have better sounds as ROF sound designer is working now for MG team too....miuahaha
Old 07-06-2011, 10:18 AM
Approved Member

I think it's fair enough to ask about having crashable trees at least. No need for comparisons to know that you shouldn't be able to fly through them. I know Luthier mentioned very soon after release that fixing this will not be easy, but let's hope they are making progress.

PPP
Intel Core i7 2600 3.4 GHz | 1GB Gainward GTX 460 GS | Corsair 4GB XMS3 PC3-12800 1600MHz (1x4GB) | Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD3P B3 (Intel P67) | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 BIT | 600W PSU | 1 TB SATA-II HDD 7200 32MB | 22" Samsung T220 screen.
Old 07-06-2011, 10:27 AM
Approved Member

okay, comparisons are bad, I agree... but collision monitoring with respect to the trees is certainly no rocket science. If that's really not possible, then, certainly, the CoD has to be really bad
Old 07-06-2011, 10:42 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redroach View Post
okay, comparisons are bad, I agree... but collision monitoring with respect to the trees is certainly no rocket science. If that's really not possible, then, certainly, the CoD has to be really bad
It becomes complex due to the sheer number of trees involved, if you have a nice simple solution that wont require large amounts of process time then please post it for Luthiers attention.
Old 07-06-2011, 11:13 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tvrdi View Post
yes no comparisions, at least CLOD will now have better sounds as ROF sound designer is working now for MG team too....miuahaha
Hmm, maybe they can cut a deal and get the user interface guy as well...
Old 07-06-2011, 11:19 AM
machoo

All this rise of flight talk. I must check it out.
Old 07-06-2011, 11:23 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dano View Post
It becomes complex due to the sheer number of trees involved, if you have a nice simple solution that wont require large amounts of process time then please post it for Luthiers attention.
I somehow still don't get the point, why a simple, let's say, cylinder, which is overall even invisible (no load on the GPU...) should be such a huge thing to do or should have such a huge impact on framerates. Nobody is asking for a precise collision calculation regarding trees, it is basically enough that if you hit a tree, you crash...