Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Technical threads

Technical threads All discussions about technical issues

Old 06-26-2011, 11:05 PM
Approved Member

Lightbulb Just How good is your PC?Windows 7 can tell you.

If you are using Windows 7 you can see just how good of a PC you have compared to other PC's.
And pin point your slow hardware.

The picture shows my PC and the lowest score is my HDD.

After I get the SSD installed this score should go up and speed up the PC for gaming.

I think it will Help run CLoD better then it is now.

To do this go to -Control Panel>All Controls Panels Items>Performance Information and tools.

I would say I have a High range PC.

Windows 7 features

Windows Experience Index rates your hardware.
Ever wonder how a PC you own—or want to buy—stacks up against others? The Windows Experience Index is one way to find out.

This feature, updated for Windows 7, rates the performance of key hardware components such as the CPU, disk drive, and graphics card. The PC is then given a score between 1.0 and 7.9.

When you're shopping for a new PC, the Windows Experience Index can help you find the model that suits your needs. Scoring a PC you already own can help pinpoint slower components worth upgrading. A PC with a score of 2 is typically sufficient for basic tasks like word processing or web browsing. Running the Aero desktop experience requires at least a 3, while graphics–intensive software frequently requires a 4 or higher.

LastScan1.bmp

Last edited by AARPRazorbacks; 06-26-2011 at 11:34 PM.
Old 06-26-2011, 11:22 PM
Approved Member

Bullpoop!

My 2 GB Radeon 6970 scores 6.4, and a 1280 MB Nvidia 470 scores 7.8? I think not. It doesn't seem to take into account overclocking, or much else besides - it doesn't even seem to differentiate between 69xx series cards. I sincerely hope that nobody takes this seriously.
Head tracking: TrackIR 5. Sore neck: See previous.
Old 06-26-2011, 11:36 PM
Approved Member

Thank for posting your results.

What HDD do you have?
Old 06-27-2011, 12:11 AM
Approved Member

As you can see by your 2 different results that is a VERY useless test of pc performance. Not to be taken seriously at all.
Old 06-27-2011, 12:12 AM
Approved Member

Here is mine:

Check my signature for full hardware specs and overclock.

Cheers.
Old 06-27-2011, 01:00 AM
Approved Member

My base score is 5.9. That means no matter how good the other hardware score is, my PC will only run programs with a 5.9 or lower rating.

I'm able to run CLoD at good FPS with this Base score.

So if anyone that test there PC with this and have a 5.9 or above base score and say thy are having trouble running CLoD IT"S NOT YOUR HARDWARE.

What is the Windows Experience Index?

The Windows Experience Index measures the capability of your computer's hardware and software configuration and expresses this measurement as a number called a base score. A higher base score generally means that your computer will perform better and faster than a computer with a lower base score, especially when performing more advanced and resource-intensive tasks.

Each hardware component receives an individual subscore. Your computer's base score is determined by the lowest subscore. For example, if the lowest subscore of an individual hardware component is 2.6, then the base score is 2.6. The base score is not an average of the combined subscores. However, the subscores can give you a view of how the components that are most important to you will perform, and can help you decide which components to upgrade.

You can use the base score to buy programs and other software that are matched to your computer's base score. For example, if your computer has a base score of 3.3, then you can buy any software designed for this version of Windows that requires a computer with a base score of 3 or lower.

The scores currently range from 1.0 to 7.9. The Windows Experience Index is designed to accommodate advances in computer technology. As hardware speed and performance improve, higher score ranges will be enabled. The standards for each level of the index generally stay the same. However, in some cases, new tests might be developed that can result in lower scores.

Note

If your computer has a 64-bit central processing unit (CPU) and 4 gigabytes (GB) or less random access memory (RAM), then the Memory (RAM) subscore for your computer will have a maximum of 5.9.
Old 06-27-2011, 01:08 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jg27_mc View Post
Here is mine:

Check my signature for full hardware specs and overclock.

Cheers.
Considering it's on a score of 1 to 7.9 your system scores very high in almost all areas.

I don't know why you'd get a low score for your Disk drive. Even though it's a small partition it's over 25% free. (obviously you using that partition for the OS and not much else.) I wonder how they work out that score?

Cheers!
Old 06-27-2011, 01:10 AM
Approved Member

S!
EVGA 660SC (super clocked) 2GB Vram
CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W
64 GB SSD SATA II HD
WIN7 UL 64BIT
Old 06-27-2011, 01:22 AM
Approved Member

Sorry, but I still say it is bullpoop. You cannot make a definitive statement on what will or will not run based on crude figures like this. There are generally game-specific recommendations (as for CloD), and they will be much more relevant.

(to answer your question, I have a 128 GB CRUCIAL SSD, and a I TB Western Digital Caviar Green Sata 2 HDD -of course, performance may depend on what is installed where)
Head tracking: TrackIR 5. Sore neck: See previous.
Old 06-27-2011, 01:30 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skoshi Tiger View Post
Considering it's on a score of 1 to 7.9 your system scores very high in almost all areas.

I don't know why you'd get a low score for your Disk drive. Even though it's a small partition it's over 25% free. (obviously you using that partition for the OS and not much else.) I wonder how they work out that score?

Cheers!
I have 2x Samsung 500GB SATA2 HD502HJ Spinpoint F3 in RAID 0. Small partition ( C: ) of around 49.9 Gb for OS + all updates + all programs. The other partition ( D: ) of my RAID configuration has my Documents folder (practically empty), Windows temporary folders and files, games (only have 2 at the moment: CloD and CoD Black Ops) and Steam. the remaining partitions are external HDD's for storage/downloads.

Probably my next upgrade will be 2x SSD's (RAID 0) and maybe the future flagship graphic card of Nvidia. I'm done with AMD unless they throw us something truly awesome.

Regards.

PS: BTW, the best score I got with my current HDD's was 6.4.

Last edited by jg27_mc; 06-27-2011 at 01:32 AM.