Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik > Daidalos Team discussions

Old 12-11-2016, 11:47 AM
Approved Member

Default I get killed as a gunner, so the pilot is dead too?

Hi dear Daidalos Team!
When we get killed as a gunner, it is game over, even if the pilot is still alive.
I find it not realistic,
Would it be possible that when we get killed as a gunner, the view goes automatically to the pilot and we can still control the plane? (like IL2 BOS BOM)?

It would be nice!
Old 12-11-2016, 12:29 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nil View Post
I find it not realistic,
If you would get shot dead IRL you couldn't just skip your soul to the next passer-by and take control of him, could you? So it is realistic, what is not is beeing able to skip seats. But add it as a difficulty option -if that's possible- why not?
Old 12-11-2016, 01:13 PM
Approved Member

In a bomber, there are not 1 guy, but several
So if one guy get shot, there are still the other.

My gunner get shot, not me because I am the pilot.
This is called "multirole playing"

So As long as the pilot is alive, the plane has to continue to fly.
Like the reality.
Old 12-11-2016, 02:15 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
In a bomber, there are not 1 guy, but several
So if one guy get shot, there are still the other.

My gunner get shot, not me because I am the pilot.
This is called "multirole playing"

Like the reality.
Yeah but you play as the pilot. If one of your gunners get shot while you fly the plane you are still alive. But if you leave the pilot seat to go change places with one of your gunners and you get killed while manning the gun your characher is dead. That is realistic. You don't play as all the crewmen on one aircraft. That would be unrealistic. You play as one of them, either the default "John Doe" or another you have created yourself, that is realistic.
Old 12-11-2016, 02:19 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Like the reality.
She does. But without you...
Old 12-11-2016, 03:53 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verdun1916 View Post
Yeah but you play as the pilot. If one of your gunners get shot while you fly the plane you are still alive. But if you leave the pilot seat to go change places with one of your gunners and you get killed while manning the gun your characher is dead. That is realistic. You don't play as all the crewmen on one aircraft. That would be unrealistic. You play as one of them, either the default "John Doe" or another you have created yourself, that is realistic.
The crew on a bomber do not change roles! like the pilot take the gunner position and the gunner take the pilot seat

It is not about changing role,
it is about using temporally the body of one gunner.

Multi crew is that actually. each has a role and if one is dead, there as still the other

Otherwise, the modeled gunners stations are useless and have to be always used by IA.

As a player, we play the WHOLE bomber, not just a part of it, or we need other human as well in the bomber which would be impossible in single player. While I am manning the gun, I can still fly the plane so if a gunner is dead, I still fly the plane as well because I am not the gunner, I am the pilot, and the pilot is still alive.

to say it fast: When I use a gunner station, I am still the pilot, I am not the gunner: I am commanding the gunner guy. Proof: I am still piloting the plane while I use the gun station.

Last edited by Nil; 12-11-2016 at 04:00 PM.
Old 12-11-2016, 04:17 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
The crew on a bomber do not change roles! like the pilot take the gunner position and the gunner take the pilot seat

It is not about changing role,
it is about using temporally the body of one gunner.

Multi crew is that actually. each has a role and if one is dead, there as still the other

Otherwise, the modeled gunners stations are useless and have to be always used by IA.

As a player, we play the WHOLE bomber, not just a part of it, or we need other human as well in the bomber which would be impossible in single player. While I am manning the gun, I can still fly the plane so if a gunner is dead, I still fly the plane as well because I am not the gunner, I am the pilot, and the pilot is still alive.

to say it fast: When I use a gunner station, I am still the pilot, I am not the gunner: I am commanding the gunner guy. Proof: I am still piloting the plane while I use the gun station.
No, you are right! In real life the pilot or co-pilot did not not switch places. But in the game they can do that...it's to make the game more fun to play. To be honest, for full realism you should not be able to access any of the other stations on multicrew aircraft, only the first-pilot seat.
Don't know what you have your game settings on but when I leave the pilot seat to enter another station the AI flies the plane for me. I'm not both pilot and gunner at the same time since that would be highly unrealistic.

But hey...since you to want realism I suggest we petition TD to restrict all other stations exept for the pilot seat to AI use only. That way we can only fly the bombers. That would make it easier for TD to give us more new bombers aswell since they won't have to bother with creating internal looks for all other the stations except for the flight deck. Would that be realistic enough for you?
Old 12-11-2016, 05:05 PM
Approved Member

I've never seen so many non-answers to a post before.

In single-player mode, the game has a limitation that a plane can only have one "flying" intelligence as the pilot. EITHER human OR AI. If you select the pilot, only you can control that object in the simulator. If you choose to go to a gunner and get killed, the plane can not be controlled any longer.

In COOP mode, this can be achieved ONLY IF the other human selects the CO-pilot position.

If pilot dies AND IF pilot has already assigned/given control to buttons and axis to CO PILOT before the pilot dies, then co-pilot can control the plane.
Old 12-11-2016, 10:16 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verdun1916 View Post
No, you are right! In real life the pilot or co-pilot did not not switch places. But in the game they can do that...it's to make the game more fun to play. To be honest, for full realism you should not be able to access any of the other stations on multicrew aircraft, only the first-pilot seat.
Don't know what you have your game settings on but when I leave the pilot seat to enter another station the AI flies the plane for me. I'm not both pilot and gunner at the same time since that would be highly unrealistic.

But hey...since you to want realism I suggest we petition TD to restrict all other stations exept for the pilot seat to AI use only. That way we can only fly the bombers. That would make it easier for TD to give us more new bombers aswell since they won't have to bother with creating internal looks for all other the stations except for the flight deck. Would that be realistic enough for you?
No that would be not realistic enough for me.
I want that ; like the reality, we have only ONE life. Once we die, the game is not working anymore and you do not play it for the rest of your life.
Sounds stupid, uh? Same thing applies for this issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tolwyn View Post
I've never seen so many non-answers to a post before.

In single-player mode, the game has a limitation that a plane can only have one "flying" intelligence as the pilot. EITHER human OR AI. If you select the pilot, only you can control that object in the simulator. If you choose to go to a gunner and get killed, the plane can not be controlled any longer.

In COOP mode, this can be achieved ONLY IF the other human selects the CO-pilot position.

If pilot dies AND IF pilot has already assigned/given control to buttons and axis to CO PILOT before the pilot dies, then co-pilot can control the plane.
That is why I would like to remove this limitation , so using turret stations would have more interest , sounds logical as they are modeled with hard work

It is so much enjoyable to be the pilot AND the gunner, that is why gunner stations are modeled.
Old 12-12-2016, 12:17 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
No that would be not realistic enough for me.
I want that ; like the reality, we have only ONE life. Once we die, the game is not working anymore and you do not play it for the rest of your life.
Sounds stupid, uh? Same thing applies for this issue.

That is why I would like to remove this limitation , so using turret stations would have more interest , sounds logical as they are modeled with hard work

It is so much enjoyable to be the pilot AND the gunner, that is why gunner stations are modeled.
Hey, you were the one posting that it 's not realistic enough. Not me! I have no problem with the way it is right now.