Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: The Legend > Adventure mode

Adventure mode All you want to know about adventure mode (may contain SPOILERS)

Old 09-30-2008, 07:50 AM
Approved Member

One fairly insane piece of advice would be to try if you can kill the Kraken (talk to Miranda). I did it with swordsmen, guardsmen, archers, standard bears and griffins, which means I had big stacks of everything except the griffins. I took a lot of losses, but the victory was worth it.

The kraken is hard, but not very hard compared to the rest of the stuff you find on the islands. You just have to be prepared to lose a lot of your troops (not a problem if you play with mainly cheap troops). And you can't use rage spirits against it, so your disadvantage there won't hurt you in that fight. If you win, you'll get a huge amount of experience - probably enough to level up once.
Old 09-30-2008, 12:02 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by loner View Post
Also, the military camp in Greenwort now offers 14 knights and 10 mounted knights (in previous game, it had only 4 mounted knights!) so this makes the game much more easier as well..
was that camp tough for you? I still cant beat it and im basically the same level as you theres like 2 stacks of 30 horsemen, 2 stacks of 30 mages and a massive stack of archers.
Old 09-30-2008, 02:47 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveInABox View Post
was that camp tough for you? I still cant beat it and im basically the same level as you theres like 2 stacks of 30 horsemen, 2 stacks of 30 mages and a massive stack of archers.
I never fought that pack. Everytime I want to buy something from that camp, I just lure that stack from the camp, then buy units, and then run away
Old 09-30-2008, 04:28 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
I never fought that pack. Everytime I want to buy something from that camp, I just lure that stack from the camp, then buy units, and then run away
same here, also can do the same thing with mobs that guard flags, chests and runes. Save and lure them away grab the items and come back later.
Old 09-30-2008, 05:27 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Started new game yesterday, and went for the rage box as soon as I could.
I have the frog and demon spell on lvl 8 now (my char is lvl 6) and the game is MUCH more easier.. So this was why I struggled a lot in previous game.. So as one of you already said, ignoring rage box in the beginning stage of the game isn`t exactly good idea..

Also, the military camp in Greenwort now offers 14 knights and 10 mounted knights (in previous game, it had only 4 mounted knights!) so this makes the game much more easier as well..
Glad you manage now. But from my perspective it depends on play style my char mage lev 11 is in dwarf lands as well and rage box level 4-6 (the frog fishes rule for me now) and I have fireball max with +30% spell dmg at the moment and I don't have problems there although I heaven't clear the starting areas. But I have to say I can't save dwarf son just yet so I am comming back to finish what I left in starting areas