Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: The Legend > Adventure mode

Adventure mode All you want to know about adventure mode (may contain SPOILERS)

Old 09-29-2008, 11:08 AM
Approved Member

Try to avoid fights - there are lot's of places you can run to avoiding mobs...
I also had issues at the same map, but changing troop types helps a lot. I realized that arch mages were quite useless for me. On the other hand big stacks of level 1 monsters did the job just fine. Especially fish from islands.
Old 09-29-2008, 11:09 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by loner View Post
well, I did lot of side quests before getting Spirits of Rage, so thats propably why I have it on lvl2 only(I started to use it much later then I should I guess) ...

Other than that, I did everything you suggested here..
(fighting all mobs in Darion, all quests I was able to do, all gold gathered, leadership flags, items..)

Still seems strange and unbalanced :/ Guess I will have to start new character and get Spirits of rage as soon as I can, so I can level it up as soon as I can..
Y, i think the only option for u is to restart the game, because spirit rage is very important and first 2 demons are easy to get and to level up, and with only one level 2 demon is very hard. U have a whife from now?
Old 09-29-2008, 11:46 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBoss View Post
Y, i think the only option for u is to restart the game, because spirit rage is very important and first 2 demons are easy to get and to level up, and with only one level 2 demon is very hard. U have a whife from now?

well, I had a chance to have wife, that frog princess and that pirate zombie wife, but both were giving useless stats for me as a warrior, so I didn`t take them... (intellect, mana..)
I did some further search and it really seems my problem is that I didn`t use Spirits of rage since early beginning..
Thanks for advice guys, going to start over today when I get back from work.

Have fun with this great game!
Old 09-29-2008, 04:03 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by loner View Post
Thanks for replies guys, but:
My army is (If I remember right):

25 polar bears
55 ancient bears
5 mounted knights
80 priests
22 archmages

Now I`m strugling in Eastern+Western Isles and the Dwarf underground.
Get the 2nd Rage spirt ASAP.
Polar Bears are very weak offensiely for thier leadership cost, replace them with something that hits harder.
Priests have VERY little attack power vs non-undead and not much HP, replace with Archers.
Archmages are NOT worth the leadership unless you have a rank or two in the skill that reduces thier leadership cost.

The Western Isles are far easyer then Eastern or Dwarf. Do them first. Also from here on out you have to look for the easy fights first as there is a LARGE difference in combat power in a small area in these maps.

Sammual
Old 09-29-2008, 07:20 PM
Registered Member

You can use cheats so you don't have to start over.
There is a command to level up your spirits:

http://www.cheatcc.com/pc/kingsbount...eatscodes.html
Old 09-29-2008, 08:34 PM
Approved Member

i had the same problems as u playing on normal. when i first got to the islands i couldnt do anything barely. so i went back and cleaned mainland on quests and mobs. i didnt lvl my rage thingy either much and hes like lvl 4, alotugh i am an mage with fireballs so mayby i dont need em as much couse i got no skills for em.

my tactics is. having lots of slow melee units, 1 archer unit and orc shamans. i play defensivly and put up life totem wich gives me hp and increased defence. i put up my units around the totem and nuke and slow computer units. very often i barely loose any mobs at all. i have 390 000 gold at lvl 12 arriving in korgan.
Old 09-29-2008, 10:59 PM
Approved Member

I don't think this game really gives you the option of ignoring the rage box. You need to use the ragebox, spells and direct troop fire. Yes, even if you're a warrior.

Running past enemies and picking up loot is a must early on. I had to do this extensively in the Freedom Islands. I recommend upgrading the Scouting skill so that you know what you're up against. And you need to understand that some fights are just too hard until later in the game. I had the same experience of getting to the Freedom Islands, finding everything too hard, and having to go back to Darion to clear everything out there.
Old 09-30-2008, 12:11 AM
Registered Member

I've just finished the Islands and heading to the Dwarven underground. Here's a couple of cheap tricks to use:

1) Buy the crown artifact that gives +100% dmg to thorns. Then fill up on Thorn Hunters and grab the 3 Royal Thorns on the first continent. The hunters will do massive damage. Royal thorns are really powerful since they can spawn large stacks of expendable thorns, but the problem is I could only find 3 of them. However there's a way to fix that using the next trick...

2) Sacrifice is possibly the most overpowered spell in game. You sacrifice some units to increase another stack _permanently_. That means that since you have an infinite number of cheap units like swordsmen, you can create any number of other units as long as you have 1 of that unit. Use this to fill up on Horsemen and Royal Thorns, and you should destroy everything. Also Evil Beholders on the first Western island are really good units. Swordsmen also serve as extremely sturdy cannon-fodder units.

After I figured out these tactics, the game got a little too easy, but it's still reasonably challenging since you're limited by leadership.
Old 09-30-2008, 07:27 AM
Approved Member

Use the frog princess wife and don't have any kids with her. After a while she turn to frog and gives 100% attack to snakes and spiders. Stock up on the three types of snakes available + priests and inquisitors and attack the undead castle. I killed him at lvl 9. The snakes will block the ghosts and the 100% attack really helps.
Invest everything in leadership (try to upgrade the items giving leadership).
And do note that some things are random every time you play.
Old 09-30-2008, 07:45 AM
Registered Member

Started new game yesterday, and went for the rage box as soon as I could.
I have the frog and demon spell on lvl 8 now (my char is lvl 6) and the game is MUCH more easier.. So this was why I struggled a lot in previous game.. So as one of you already said, ignoring rage box in the beginning stage of the game isn`t exactly good idea..

Also, the military camp in Greenwort now offers 14 knights and 10 mounted knights (in previous game, it had only 4 mounted knights!) so this makes the game much more easier as well..