Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: The Legend > Adventure mode

Adventure mode All you want to know about adventure mode (may contain SPOILERS)

Old 09-29-2008, 07:42 AM
Registered Member

Default Game`s difficulity. Am I missing something??

Hello guys,

Ok, I bought the game and played it about 20 hours now. I got to the dwarf underground area (can`t remember how it is called now, Kordan?) and I`m really starting to think whether I missed something BIG, as I just don`t stand a chance now.

I`m playing as warrior, I explored EVERYTHING I could, done all quests I found and was able to do them (some of them are just too hard for me, like the child on cementery, in Marshes). I took all banners I found (and as I said, I explored every mapto 100%, so I must have found most of them, if not all)

My problem? Last three areas (Western + Eastern Islands, Dward underground) are just way too hard for my character and my army.. I just dont have enough army to be able to fight mobs on those maps.. (I was able to fight only small percentage of mobs..) Only chance is just to run through those mobs..

Do I miss something???
I`m lvl 11 now, attack 10 defense 15, leadership 4400...
I`m playing on normal difficulity..

Gold is not a problem, having around 170 000.. Problem is strenght of enemy troops in later areas and size of my army, which is just not enough..

Is there any of you having similar problem? I played all Heroes of might and magic titles, so I would say I`m experienced player in this type of genre (altough King`s Bounty has some differences), but I`m really starting to think I missed something big in this game..

Last edited by loner; 09-29-2008 at 09:18 AM.
Old 09-29-2008, 07:47 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by loner View Post
Hello guys,

Ok, I bought the game and played it about 20 hours now. I got to the dwarf underground area (can`t remember how it is called now, Kordan?) and I`m really starting to think whether I missed something BIG, as I just don`t stand a chance now.

I`m playing as warrior, I explored EVERYTHING I could, done all quests I found and was able to do them (some of them are just too hard for me, like the child on cementery, in Marshes). I took all banners I found (and as I said, I explored every mapto 100%, so I must have found most of them, if not all)

My problem? Last three areas (Western + Eastern Islands, Dward underground) are just way too hard for my character and my army.. I just dont have enough army to be able to fight mobs on those maps.. (I was able to fight only small percentage of mobs..) Only chance is just to run through those mobs..

Do I miss something???
I`m lvl 11 now, attack 10 defense 15, leadership 4400...
I`m playing on normal difficulity..

Gold is not a problem, having around 170 000.. Problem is strenght of enemy troops in later areas and size of my army, which is just not enough..

Is there any of you having similar problem? I played or Heroes of might and magic titles, so I would say I`m experienced player in this type of genre (altough King`s Bounty has some differences), but I`m really starting to think I missed something big in this game..
Do you use Rage spirits? They are very usefull, and with them you can struggle the army which seems much stronger then yours.
Old 09-29-2008, 08:45 AM
Approved Member

and did you fight all the battles in Darion ? Because you still need to fight there, and level 11 ? Well you should be able to do some things in the freedom islands, kill of the weaker mobs and work your way up, don't just run through it or it might end up as you have it now.
Old 09-29-2008, 08:54 AM
Approved Member

i've noticed that the type of units you carry also affect the difficulty rating, for instance let's say you have 60 guardsmen and look at a stack which shows overpowering and you swap the 60 guardsmen with 30 royal snakles then the opposing stack would be listed as let's say slightly stronger.

Maybe you should leave some lower level troops at a castle and get higher level troops.
Old 09-29-2008, 09:13 AM
Registered Member

Thanks for replies guys, but:

Yes, I use Rage spirits (well, only have lvl 2 of the mage attacking demon now, other three seems to function later in the game?)

My army is (If I remember right):

25 polar bears
55 ancient bears
5 mounted knights
80 priests
22 archmages

Basically, it is the strongest units I have been able to find..

I have completed everything I could in :
The starting area (Greenwort I think)
Swamps to the west
Forest to he south of Greenwort
and the area east of Greenwort (sorry, can`t remember names..)

Now I`m strugling in Eastern+Western Isles and the Dwarf underground.

You guys have no trouble? Still can`t believe I`m doing something wrong (even if I was, I would have to do someting really badly, to have such problems)

Last edited by loner; 09-29-2008 at 09:16 AM.
Old 09-29-2008, 09:45 AM
Approved Member

I am playing on Hard, so my experience is slightly different, but here's what I found:

I was about level 14 by the time I reached the dwarven lands, so level 11 is a bit low.

You should have the first two rage spirits leveled up to about 12 each.

I found many of the fights in the Western Islands to be very hard when I first arrived. I had to go back to Darion and clear pretty much everything out. You can get a lot of gold and xp from the tombs area in Marshan Swamp.

I was able to defeat everything in Darion except for the evil child you described above and the king's tent guard.

A tip: you should make sure you have Scouting level 3 so that you know exactly what you're facing. Hope that helps.
Old 09-29-2008, 09:52 AM
Registered Member

Hmm i think u should have already 2 demons with more level(u are only level 2 on first demon ???). Rage is very important for a warrior because he don't use spels and he gets more rage than an mage.
U should have important artefacts, an whife and i think even bigger army.
Old 09-29-2008, 10:32 AM
Registered Member

This is difficult for me even on normal, so i think it is true that this is harder than other titles.

Some tricks you can do is to dodge encounters by luring out monsters and running past them. You can do this to get the knights at the tent. There are tons of leadership flags you can pick up in Freedom islands by doing this on your boat.

Other than that, just make sure you really have been getting all the exp, items, and skills you need.
Old 09-29-2008, 10:40 AM
Approved Member

Talk to the spirits and they will tell you what to do to control them.
One of them only requires you to feed him some poisonous creatures and he'll obey, so you could have had him as soon as you got the box.
Old 09-29-2008, 10:47 AM
Registered Member

well, I did lot of side quests before getting Spirits of Rage, so thats propably why I have it on lvl2 only(I started to use it much later then I should I guess) ...

Other than that, I did everything you suggested here..
(fighting all mobs in Darion, all quests I was able to do, all gold gathered, leadership flags, items..)

Still seems strange and unbalanced :/ Just because I didn`t level Spirits of rage enough, I`m screwed? Stilll, you should be able to fight normal mobss with just army and some spells.. Guess I will have to start new character and get Spirits of rage as soon as I can, so I can level it up as soon as I can..

Last edited by loner; 09-29-2008 at 11:14 AM.