Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Crossworlds > Mods

Mods King's Bounty: Crossworlds Mods

Old 10-19-2010, 10:30 AM
Registered Member

Oooh and I’ve Always wanted to ask from you:

Have you ever thought of migrating PCBUN's Mod?
>Click<

that would be awesome!!!

Thank you.

Cheers, Ocsisajt.
Old 10-19-2010, 12:00 PM
Approved Member

What you are looking for is not in the mod.
Open orcs.kfc with rar/zip program, find the file logic_hero.lua and go to line 287
The strings with the runes for every class when leveling up look like this:
rune_war={"6,4,2","5,5,2","6,3,3","7,4,1"}
rune_pal={"3,6,3","2,7,3","3,5,4","4,6,2"}
rune_mag={"2,4,6","1,5,6","2,3,7","3,4,5"}

there are 4 columns of numbers for every class, they are for levels 1-4 then the string just repeats itself. The first number in every string is for might runes, then mind runes, the third number is for magic runes.
Old 10-19-2010, 03:12 PM
Registered Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rider View Post

What you are looking for is not in the mod.
Open orcs.kfc with rar/zip program, find the file logic_hero.lua and go to line 287
The strings with the runes for every class when leveling up look like this:
rune_war={"6,4,2","5,5,2","6,3,3","7,4,1"}
rune_pal={"3,6,3","2,7,3","3,5,4","4,6,2"}
rune_mag={"2,4,6","1,5,6","2,3,7","3,4,5"}

there are 4 columns of numbers for every class, they are for levels 1-4 then the string just repeats itself. The first number in every string is for might runes, then mind runes, the third number is for magic runes.
Thank you very much, Sir!

You've avoided gently my migration question (no offense, though^^)

Last edited by ocsisajt; 10-19-2010 at 03:16 PM.
Old 10-28-2010, 05:39 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rider View Post

Both mod_equilibrium_orcs.kfs and eng_skills.txt should be in the Kings Bounty Armored Princess\sessions\orcs directory
Hello and thank you for the mod. But, should it be in the directory as you say or in a mods folder that I should create there (as per usual)?
Old 10-28-2010, 05:59 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hasim View Post
Hello and thank you for the mod. But, should it be in the directory as you say or in a mods folder that I should create there (as per usual)?
Heh - nevermind I tried it and it works (does not need to be in a "mods" folder as per your instructions)
Old 11-23-2010, 09:10 PM
Approved Member

great mod, i thought the balance was great and the new skills are nice too.
there is a problem with the inflow skill, after getting one level of it, any increase in rage is set to 100, 200, 300 based on level (i think), the rage fills to max with each attack is what i meant.
Old 11-24-2010, 08:40 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ancentre View Post
there is a problem with the inflow skill, after getting one level of it, any increase in rage is set to 100, 200, 300 based on level (i think), the rage fills to max with each attack is what i meant.
You can fix it by setting the values of rage skill in the skills.txt file in the mod file
back to 1,2,3 as is in the unmodded file. I don't know if The Rider fixed it, probably not ,but that's really all about it
Old 11-24-2010, 02:52 PM
Approved Member

got it working, thanks
Old 03-07-2011, 03:26 PM
Approved Member

I tryed this mod, and i like it allott. Gj for all mode `Rider`, great ideas for bonus runes.
And for balancing bonus Attack Defence for classe`s. Before it was max 54Att, 62Def, and +80Int !!! This is with best items, and Wanderer spells, but nontheless just not right for Mage class to have so much higher bonus.
As for rage inflow from skill, i managed to fix it as `Rudi` said.
Also found mistake on 3 lvl Onslaught skill, it`it cost 0 runes, so same as fixing Rage skill, go to skills.txt, and find `Rush` in 3lvl set from 0,0,0 , to 10,3,0 as in originall seting of KB-AP.
Sugestion for some changes ( i did it, you ppl decide for yourself) :
1) Dark commander to +2 , +4/1 , +6/2 Atack,Defence/Intiative
2) Quick draw +2 , +4/1 , +6/2 Atack/Intiative
3) To change requirements for class specific skills,, i didnt do this cause cant find where to change it. For Bloodthirst it needs 7 skill, for Resurection 6, and for Higher magic only 4. Not really balanced
4) Prayer remove bonus Def. This way Paladin class get same bonuses for all attributes.

And for my question, if any1 know`s where and how to change unit skills to be affected from acumulated runes, as for Rune mages resurection from mind runes. I`d like to set paladins resurection, and fauns plant heal and similar unit skills, but cant find where those skills are set in mod files.
All Orcs get bonuse form adrenaline in Might skill tree, sumoning units get bonuse form Mage skill tree - Summoner. So i thought to ballance tihngs for Mind skill tree.
Maybe this would be changing alott, but i just dont want to lose time in battles and skip ronuds to use rage so i can to cast mana recharge so i can phantom paladins, to resurect fallen troops . . . it`s not imposible, i just dont like ot waste time on that (example against some heroes, or boss fights i lose units from Gayser spell, or Armagedon, so after killing main threat i cast fear/blind/sheep on some weak unit, and in next rounds cast phantom to resurect units while battle itself is already over just prolonged). Some might say it`s cheating and saving mana, but it`s no diferent from Warrior Bloodthirst skill, and perma 40% of rage. And in this mode after battles we get those mana source witch are ridiculus ( got 14 of them, on 21 lvl ) 500 mana is just to much How to lower that ? Say to 150-200 maybe.
I`m not sure how this will effect enemy troops, as for no rune bonuses for them.
If any1 can help me get this done, send PM or reply here.
Old 03-08-2011, 12:14 AM
Approved Member

just glancing at this. I'm not sure I understand the point. Just giving larger bonuses for skills seems like it would just make the game flat out easier. I could do that via difficulty setting pretty easily. What is the drive behind using or creating this mod?