Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Crossworlds > Mods

Mods King's Bounty: Crossworlds Mods

Old 10-12-2010, 01:41 PM
Approved Member

Default Equilibrium Mod

I have a lot of free time at the moment and I started to mod Orcs on the Marsh game. What do you think of the following changes in the game:

Skill Changes:

MIGHT
Heroism: +2,+4,+6 Attack (was +1, +3, +6)
Resistance: +2, +4, +6 Defense (was +1, +3, +5)
Anger: 20%/+2, 40%/+4, 60%/+8 Rage Increase/Maximum Rage (was 20%,40%,60% rage flow increase)
The Power of Darkness: +3, +5/1, +7/2 Attack AND Defense/Initiative of all Undead (was +3, +5/1, +7/2 Attack/Initiative)
Bloodlust: +6/+2, +12/+4, +18/+6 Maximum Rage/Attack (was +5,+10,+15 maximum rage)

Counter-Attack: now in the Might Tree. Level 2 and 3 now give no retaliation ability to all allies for the 1st/2nd round.

MIND
Prayer: +3%/+1, +5%/+2, +7%/+3 Critical Chance/Defense (was +3%,+5%,+7% Critical Chance)
Absolute Balance: +4/+1, +8/+2, +12/+3 Mana and Rage/Attack and Defense (was +4,+8,+12 Mana and Rage)
Dragon Voice: +1/+6, +1/+12, +2/+18 Morale to animals and dragons/Increases Maximum Rage (was +1,+1,+2 Morale)
Trophy now costs only 5,5,5 mind runes, not 5+1,5+1,5+1 mind+magic runes

Holy Armor: now in the Mind Tree. Increases the magic, fire, poison and astral resistance with 30%, 30%, 50% for the first 1,2,2 rounds.

MAGIC
Linguistics: +2, +4, +6 Intellect (was +1, +3, +6 Intellect)
Order Magic: +6, +9, +12 Maximum Scrolls (was with no scolls bonus)
Distortion Magic: +2, +4, +6 Maximum Mana and Scrolls (was with no mana/scrolls bonus)
Chaos Magic: +6, +9, +12 Maximum Mana (was witn no mana bonus)
Thesis: +2/+8, +4/+16, +6/+24 Intellect/Maximum Mana (was +2/+7, +4/+14, +6/+21 Intellect/Maximum Mana)

Mega Mage: Now slows down all enemies and reduces their initiative for the first 1/2/2 rounds with -1/0, -2/0, -2/-1 speed/initiative

With all skills learned now your hero will be with:
Attach +18 (was +9 )
Defense +18 (was +11 )
Intellect +18 (was +18 )
Mana +90 (was +69 )
Rage +90 (was +67 )
Scrolls +27

Changes after the battle:
Hero gains different bonuses

Alchemy skill: 5%/10%/15% Chance for 2,4,6 Crystalls
Rage skill: 5%/10%/15% Chance for 1,2,3 Rage Potions
Wisdom skill: 5%/10%/15% Chance for 1,2,3 Mana Potions
High Magic skill: 3%/6%/9% Chance for 1 Mana Well
Spirit Power skill: 5%/10%/15% Chance for 1,2,3 Life Fruits
Bloodlust skill: 2%/4%/6% Chance for Divine Blood Potion (+150 Leadership)

Warrior class:
Might Runes: 3% Chance for 2 Might Runes (~18 might runes for the whole game)
Mind Runes: 3% Chance for 3 Mind Runes (~27 mind runes for the whole game)
Magic Runes: 5% Chance for 4 Magic Runes (~60 magic runes for the whole game)

Paladin Class:
Might Runes: 4% Chance for 3 Might Runes (~36 might runes for the whole game)
Magic Runes: 4% Chance for 3 Magic Runes (~36 magic rune for the whole game)

Mage Class:
Might Runes: 5% Chance for 4 Might Runes (~60 might runes for the whole game)
Magic Runes: 3% Chance for 2 Magic Runes (~18 magic runes for the whole game)

Morale
Whole army of humans (or with neutrals) +1 Morale
Whole army of elves (or with neutrals) +1 Morale
Whole army of humans and elves (or with neutrals) +1 Morale
Whole army of dwarves (or with neutrals) +1 Morale
Whole army of orcs (or with neutrals) +1 Morale
Whole army of lizards (or with neutrals) +1 Morale

Demons always have at least +1 Morale

Hunters give +1 morale to elven archers.
Green Dragons give +1 morale to all elves and all spellcasters.

Skill dependencies
A lot has been changed in Might and Mind Tree. Look at the attached pictures.
Absolute Balance since it was improved to give not only Mana and Rage but Attack and Defense is made harder to be reached.
High Magic 2 now needs Destruction 2, High Magic 3 needs Destruction 3 (until now High Magic only needed 5 previous skills to be learned, Bloodthirst needs 7 skills and Resurrection needs 6).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg might.jpg (68.7 KB, 429 views)
File Type: jpg mind.jpg (65.5 KB, 343 views)
File Type: jpg magic.jpg (69.0 KB, 360 views)

Last edited by The Rider; 10-13-2010 at 01:08 PM.
Old 10-12-2010, 09:21 PM
Approved Member

Since i didnt even started the new orcs campaign yet, i cant tell u if your changes will be good, but i think they will. Since the gain runes after a battle is no longer working on the other campaigns (almost i tried without success, the code must be different or something) would be good if u can adapt the bonuses after the battles to the other campaigns.
Old 10-13-2010, 09:02 AM
Approved Member

Here is the mod, changed few things in the description in the first post.
Unfortunately for some reason the file with the descriptions of the skills that is in the mod_equilibrium_orcs.kfs doesnt work. To make it work, you have to open the mod file and to extract the eng_skills.txt in the same directory.

Both mod_equilibrium_orcs.kfs and eng_skills.txt should be in the Kings Bounty Armored Princess\sessions\orcs directory
Attached Files
File Type: zip mod_equilibrium (1).zip (59.7 KB, 507 views)

Last edited by The Rider; 10-14-2010 at 02:44 PM.
Old 10-13-2010, 10:32 AM
Approved Member

For the changes after the battle; it is possible to get 2 bonuses or just one of the following. If is only one which is the order?

Alchemy skill: 5%/10%/15% Chance for 2,4,6 Crystalls
Rage skill: 5%/10%/15% Chance for 1,2,3 Rage Potions
Wisdom skill: 5%/10%/15% Chance for 1,2,3 Mana Potions
High Magic skill: 3%/6%/9% Chance for 1 Mana Well
Spirit Power skill: 5%/10%/15% Chance for 1,2,3 Life Fruits
Bloodlust skill: 2%/4%/6% Chance for Divine Blood Potion (+150 Leadership)
Old 10-13-2010, 11:00 AM
Approved Member

It is chance based on the level of the skill, usually 3 or 5% per skill level. You can get several bonuses after one battle.
Old 10-13-2010, 11:25 AM
Approved Member

Very interesting mod, for now the best for Crossworlds, but maybe too "overpowered" I think - maybe half of the bonuses value would be sufficient for real, hardcore, not only easy fun & finally boring gameplay? I don't want overpowered terminators of any 5-th level enemy units.
Old 10-13-2010, 12:18 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcinl0 View Post
Very interesting mod, for now the best for Crossworlds, but maybe too "overpowered" I think - maybe half of the bonuses value would be sufficient for real, hardcore, not only easy fun & finally boring gameplay? I don't want overpowered terminators of any 5-th level enemy units.
It might be overpowered if you use the same style of play (the black knight option, paladin resurrection + phantom etc), but if you want to try using some different styles, different combos, units etc you'll find the normal game close to impossible to finish (no loss game). This might be just the boost needed to try something different.
For example for my mage game impossible no loss i found it extremely hard to play (much, much harder that Armored Princess). Some fights i had to play them over and over again just to get that no loss.

Last edited by yujy; 10-13-2010 at 12:21 PM.
Old 10-13-2010, 12:56 PM
Approved Member

Exactly my idea, the mod is created so you can use every combination of units, not only 5th level plus paladins and phantoms. I myself had more than enough of this game-style, so feel free to use something different. The intention after the bonuses is:
mana and rage - so you can play battle after battle, and not to wait your pools to charge.
leadership - not so big bonus, it is equal to 3-4 more flags for the whole game.
The more runes - you will have enough runes for 2-3 more skills (and it is not even sufficient to raise them all to third level). I have played 3 games with this mod, and there were plenty of hard battles even with it - just try the mistirious tower with mage (the last 2 battles), I needed more than 5 reloads to win the battles.
Old 10-13-2010, 12:59 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcinl0 View Post
which bonuses do you think are overpowered?
Old 10-13-2010, 03:07 PM
Approved Member

Hi.
I want to play that game once more, and i`ll try play with mod this time. So I suppose to unpack this file and thats it? Game will be chanded? There will be no bugs? I dont want to stop playing in the middle when game crashes by this mod. One more thing - I have Polish version of that game - is that a problem?

Last edited by ICECOOL; 10-13-2010 at 03:14 PM.