Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 09-13-2009, 06:06 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plippy View Post
This is really great news- thanks for continuing to support this on the dev side, Anton.

It sounds like I could have just waited for the PS3 version and not dropped $160 US for the Ace-Edge!
Sorry for that, but this possibility was actually stated (by me) from the begining - long time ago.
I mean, it was unclear will we be able to do it in patch, but PS3 is the only platform, where it is possible, since MS is not allowing 3rd party peripherial.
Quote:
In fact, I wonder if the PS3 version will have an advantage in that flight sticks won't have the deadzone limitation imposed by Microsoft.
Unfortunately (or luckily for PS3 users) it is so. MS deadzone is unchangeable, and in PS3 it can be customized.
Quote:
I suppose another question is, since the Ace-Edge does work with the PC (or so I hear), will this work with the PS3? If so and the deadzone is reduced, I just might be picking this up for the PS3.
Don't know, actually - but I seriously doubt that. PS3 will work only with Dinput USB devices, not Xinput devices (X360 gamepad is also working on PC and not working on PS3).
Old 09-13-2009, 06:10 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pup View Post
Obviously a lot of people have complained about the deadzone with joysticks, which isn't mentioned in this patch. I haven't played any other games on my ps3 with a joystick, so I don't know if it is a general issue, so I'm wondering if it is something that is able to be fixed? It's good that issues are getting dealt with, but was kinda expecting something to do with the stick and throttle (on the hotas) deadzones too.
In title update (for PS3 only though) there will be deadzone customization.
Old 09-13-2009, 06:12 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anton Yudintsev View Post
Thankyou for your swift response, very welcome news indeed
Old 09-13-2009, 06:12 PM
Approved Member

This is FANTASTIC news Anton!

Questions, how do you award points in a kamikaze kill? I crash into someone full speed and it says I crash, but the other guy gets a point. Someone crashes into me full speed, I crash, and they get the point. I should point out I am NOT doing this on purpose, but when it does happen, how does the point get awarded 'cause I would like to know how to deal with the guys that keep crashing into me on purpose...
Old 09-13-2009, 06:18 PM
Approved Member

I posted this in the suggestions to devs section already but I do not know if this is still checked so I'll post it here to make sure... ( text made smaller to not take up so much space, I don't want to be a nuisance).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny M NL View Post
please have the bailout button more easily reachable, right now I have to go all the way to the start screen, select bailout, select yes, and then bail out...

this translates to : start, select, down, down, down, X, left, X...

this takes way too long. I don't know if the button's normally used for issueing commands are used in multiplayer, but maybe you can assign the bailout button to one of these buttons? or to make sure you don't accidentally push it, have it in a way that you have to press both the attack and defend order buttons at the same time and that you bailout then...

and maybe have only half the kill points if a pilot manages to bail out?
this would GREATLY improve the multiplayer experience, since that way people will actually be able to bail out, instead of the few times it is possible now...
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by moozicmon View Post

Questions, how do you award points in a kamikaze kill? I crash into someone full speed and it says I crash, but the other guy gets a point. Someone crashes into me full speed, I crash, and they get the point. I should point out I am NOT doing this on purpose, but when it does happen, how does the point get awarded 'cause I would like to know how to deal with the guys that keep crashing into me on purpose...
Never noticed they get a point if they crash into me it just says that I crashed I will look more closely next time.
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anton Yudintsev View Post
Awesome. Thanks!
Old 09-13-2009, 06:21 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorgothNL View Post
Why wouldnt they? in the sense off... why wouldnt they...and sony would...
Same kind of reason why the PS3 has a internet browser and the 360 doesn't. MS want to control everything to maximise profits.

This patch is great news. Is there any word on updating multiplayer servers? As in, can they be changed to allow people to join a game that's already started.
Old 09-13-2009, 06:22 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by trk29 View Post
Never noticed they get a point if they crash into me it just says that I crashed I will look more closely next time.
yeah, first time I noticed it was in a one on one match, he just kept coming at me head on and would crash into me, got about 3 kills out of it before I changed my strategy...then he started crashing every he got any damage and I received no points

Ah well, the update will make it a much more consistent/enjoyable experience
Old 09-13-2009, 06:24 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by moozicmon View Post

If you get a hit on the other guys plane before the mid air crash, you will get a kill aswell because it's within the current 5? seconds. It sounds like this would be the same after the patch aswell. Its not a big problem to me, ive had loads of head to head collisons and it seems quite realistic to me. I don't think people try to crash into you its just your plane has to follow where you want your bullets to go.

XBL GT: - Robotic Pope
HyperLobby CS: - Robot_Pope