Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 05-25-2010, 11:02 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by philip.ed View Post
Although I don't have an account at SimHQ, I too can remember reading about the sea-gull in a topic there.
yeps the bits i remembered about the gull's were from a simhq post some yrs ago, and some of the quotes i posted are from it (should be simple enough to locate with their search function).

in the same forum saqson (from oleg's team) made the comment about "driving a tank to london", similarly oleg himself has commented about being able to control some ground vehicles and (more recently) some smaller ships (? torpedo boats or something similar). in another forum oleg posts in he made the comment about the civilian cars on roads and buses following a specific trajectory and even making specific stops along the way. once you then add the very recent video clip of the pilot physically climbing in/out of his aircraft and seeing the skeletal articulations in movement, the future possibilities increase exponentially

Quote:
Originally Posted by philip.ed View Post
EDIT-from your evidence though mate, clearly you are right that the seagull will be included. Thanks for proving me wrong; in this instance it was worth it! However, I apologise for not having a completely perfect memory of everything I read; most of it goes in the memory bank, but that bit of info about the 'gull was info I have not read before

2nd edit; in hindsight my original posting was maybe too harsh; I am not here to argue, but to enjoy this sim (Il-2) and hopefully SoW in the future.
no problemo !

btw, the reason i remember some of those specific points is not because i have magic memory, its mainly because over the years some old timer flightsimmers keep hoping some of these type of essential elements will be included in the newer flightsims and oleg has been repeatedly been asked about many of those elements over many years, to eventually be able to create a 24/7 living breathing flightsim in a combat environment (and it is along those lines the OP of this thread raised his point about civilian activity)

when oleg then makes specific hints or gives confirmations about elements of this aspect over the years, such as birds flying, animals (static for now), civilian traffic on roads (maybe in air to ?), some control over physical 3D movement of the pilot, control over some vehicles and some ships, 24/7 dynamic server, etc.. then those are the bits that stand out and i/we remember

when you will land your first damaged or crippled plane in BoB in a few months, you will wish that somebody with a creative imagination has thought of modeling fire trucks and an ambulance rushing towards you, if you catch my drift
Old 05-25-2010, 12:42 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zapatista View Post
when you will land your first damaged or crippled plane in BoB in a few months, you will wish that somebody with a creative imagination has thought of modeling fire trucks and an ambulance rushing towards you, if you catch my drift
Or maybe even a ground crew with a fire extinguisher if we over-prime our Spitfire and get an Exhaust Stack fire on startup! (Just day dreaming )