Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > CoD Multiplayer

CoD Multiplayer Everything about multiplayer in IL-2 CoD

Old 06-27-2011, 05:01 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ataros View Post
(...)Unfortunately there are not enough C# programmers interested in creating these things.
Unfortunately there is neither documentation nor an SDK to help us to do from a empty and expensive box , a simulator!
This is only a personal opinion.

Last edited by _1SMV_Arden; 06-27-2011 at 05:04 PM.
Old 06-27-2011, 07:14 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Type and number of available aircraft can be limited with a script like it is done in this mission http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=23579

Nice job Ataros, many thanks for the link and nice to see that somebody already created what the old COOPs used to do!

I admit, having to learn C is a bit of a turn off but the possibilities of using a programming language as interface for a game simulation even for simple users, is tremendous potential!

It may take a bit of time but soon there will be a lot of programming wiz-kids spending time creating virtual battlefields.

~S~
Old 06-27-2011, 07:54 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by _1SMV_Arden View Post
Unfortunately there is neither documentation nor an SDK to help us to do from a empty and expensive box , a simulator!
This is only a personal opinion.
Here you are. Documentation on C# scripting http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/libr...=vs.71%29.aspx

The SDK will probably include models import tools and map creation tools. I do not think the devs will reprint a 300-page "C# for Dummies" or "Introduction to C#" book in the SDK. Anyway why wait for reprint when the original is available already.

Last edited by Ataros; 06-27-2011 at 08:00 PM.
Old 06-27-2011, 08:30 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Here you are. Documentation on C# scripting http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/libr...=vs.71%29.aspx

The SDK will probably include models import tools and map creation tools. I do not think the devs will reprint a 300-page "C# for Dummies" or "Introduction to C#" book in the SDK. Anyway why wait for reprint when the original is available already.
Ataros that is unrealistic m8, you cant expect the avg flight sim guy is going to read a 300 book on C#...can you imagine how a new guy would feel...this is his first flight sim and its daunting enough just getting off the runway not to mention flying in formation or dogfighting or bombing and so on...and then going into FMB and having to learn that and then be told they have to read a 300 page book on C#..

every one enjoys this game in there own way from air-quake to hard core and everything in between and as such should have access to the classic COOP format if all he/they want todo is build a handful of COOPS to play with there m8,s on a Saturday night over a few beers.

The Devs are really going to have to come up with some kinda GUI along with a tutorial and some documentation in regards to the scripting aspect of the game. Something along the lines of UQMG
from UberDemon.

I know they are going to bring it back but it should have been in the game to begin with because it is just another aspect of the game that enriches it overall....there are enough COOPS over at M4T and other sites that would keep a new guy busy for over a year.

I really! appreciate what you and all the others guys are doing in terms of the scripts and im not trying to bump heads with you I am just playing devils advocate .

S!
EVGA 660SC (super clocked) 2GB Vram
CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W
64 GB SSD SATA II HD
WIN7 UL 64BIT
Old 06-27-2011, 08:52 PM
Approved Member

Oddball, you are making the point in favour of the C+ solution.

Ueberdaemon was not created by every player but, by "the man" who new how to program and found pleasure in developing it for the rest of us.

The potential of direct access to the game at such low level is huge
Old 06-27-2011, 09:18 PM
Approved Member

Ok, I'm leaving...

we appreciate some open doors like script, but I think that there is a basic mistake:

This is a game not for free, and the best solution for a comunity of simmers (but also per who want to fly without a lot of manuals) is a flight sim that permits to build the mission in simply way, with a log file (again without scripts) for parsing and post the scores and specially, please understand this:

- COD il like a new car where all the customer must to write on a forum to ask: please check the oil pump, please check the wheels, please check more and more...

With a total respect for you job, but we think: to difficult, to complex.

There is not future for IL2 in this way.
Addio.
Old 06-27-2011, 09:22 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335th_GRAthos View Post
Oddball, you are making the point in favour of the C+ solution.

Ueberdaemon was not created by every player but, by "the man" who new how to program and found pleasure in developing it for the rest of us.

The potential of direct access to the game at such low level is huge
I said nothing about C+ and all I am saying is people buy the game to fly..not write script.
I just really hope there will be something like UQMG to help the avg user unlock the potential of the game.

S!
CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W
64 GB SSD SATA II HD
WIN7 UL 64BIT
Old 06-27-2011, 09:36 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thee_oddball View Post
Ataros that is unrealistic m8, you cant expect the avg flight sim guy is going to read a 300 book on C#...
S!
i agree on that. i'm simming for 10 years now, read some initial things about C# and for me this is completely "Chinese", not understanding a clue, but thanks for the efforts to the C# chaps
Old 06-27-2011, 11:19 PM
Approved Member

We don't all need to be c# script experts. The way i see it, i will either pick it up myself and try to work with it or wait until someone else provides useful stuff.

Sure, a simplified interface is always good to have but just the fact that we have direct access into the game engine is a huge deal.
After all, what would the simplified interface be? A bunch of pre-made c# scripts given to us in a patch and wrapped in a custom interface.

I'm all for the new approach even though i don't know how to work with it for a few very simple reasons:
1) You can customize a lot of things and have them be different on each server as well if you like. Custom made briefing screens? Custom made server interface? Maybe custom made in-flight tools in the near future. All of it is more or less possible already.

2) I don't have to build everything myself, i just have to save the interesting ones to use on my server or propose for inclusion to the admins of servers i fly on.

3) After a while we'll all have a bunch of pre-made scripts to suit almost every situation and if they are properly annotated with comments it will be extremely easy to edit and customize them, it will be like editing the conf.ini. That goes doubly so if we get a bunch of pre-made scripts dealing with some basic stuff along with the SDK release.

So, sometime within the next year or so i'll be joining a server that's running a 24/7 dynamic campaign coded by a community member, i'll be selecting a bomber, going to the custom map screen made by another community member and getting all the recon data posted through yet another custom interface by the other players who flew the recon missions.

I will then be deciding on a target depending on the campaign situation and recon data, checking the weather data, known enemy flak concentrations and areas marked as dangerous due to intercepting fighters and drawing up a flight plan while i'm in the server lobby, inviting a few people to my group (or just create a group and have them join it) and upload the flight plan to the rest of my flight. We will then spawn and fly the mission.

Or i will just be posting an "ad" for the mission and wait until enough people join the group.

If you want to imagine what all this looks like in IL2:1946 terms, imagine having FMB inside a Coop inside a DF server inside a DCG campaign. Just saying it gets me all excited.

Sure, it won't arrive overnight but it's within the abilities of the engine and i bet it's the main reason they went with the kind of design they did.
Old 06-28-2011, 12:25 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdog_kt View Post
We don't all need to be c# script experts. The way i see it, i will either pick it up myself and try to work with it or wait until someone else provides useful stuff.

Sure, a simplified interface is always good to have but just the fact that we have direct access into the game engine is a huge deal.
After all, what would the simplified interface be? A bunch of pre-made c# scripts given to us in a patch and wrapped in a custom interface.

I'm all for the new approach even though i don't know how to work with it for a few very simple reasons:
1) You can customize a lot of things and have them be different on each server as well if you like. Custom made briefing screens? Custom made server interface? Maybe custom made in-flight tools in the near future. All of it is more or less possible already.

2) I don't have to build everything myself, i just have to save the interesting ones to use on my server or propose for inclusion to the admins of servers i fly on.

3) After a while we'll all have a bunch of pre-made scripts to suit almost every situation and if they are properly annotated with comments it will be extremely easy to edit and customize them, it will be like editing the conf.ini. That goes doubly so if we get a bunch of pre-made scripts dealing with some basic stuff along with the SDK release.

So, sometime within the next year or so i'll be joining a server that's running a 24/7 dynamic campaign coded by a community member, i'll be selecting a bomber, going to the custom map screen made by another community member and getting all the recon data posted through yet another custom interface by the other players who flew the recon missions.

I will then be deciding on a target depending on the campaign situation and recon data, checking the weather data, known enemy flak concentrations and areas marked as dangerous due to intercepting fighters and drawing up a flight plan while i'm in the server lobby, inviting a few people to my group (or just create a group and have them join it) and upload the flight plan to the rest of my flight. We will then spawn and fly the mission.

Or i will just be posting an "ad" for the mission and wait until enough people join the group.

If you want to imagine what all this looks like in IL2:1946 terms, imagine having FMB inside a Coop inside a DF server inside a DCG campaign. Just saying it gets me all excited.

Sure, it won't arrive overnight but it's within the abilities of the engine and i bet it's the main reason they went with the kind of design they did.
Exactly BD ..the devs made it so who knows better of all its possibilities.
a logical interface with a library of pre-made scripts as practical useful base examples of what it possible and some accompanying documentation and a tut would be nice.
We are on the same page BD i just think it would benefit this game immensely if when (or sooner) the NA release comes out that the devs have made the aforementioned tool(s) available.

I am not blind to the possibilities that the scripts represent i just don't want to see it backfire for the lack of proper tools and documentation.

S!
CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W
64 GB SSD SATA II HD
WIN7 UL 64BIT