Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 05-09-2011, 03:33 PM
Approved Member

Luthier, is it true that there are a lot of 'extra features' (previously discussed in the old friday update threads) which didn't make inital release, but are ready for inclusion in CloD...or are ready for improvement and then subsequent inclusion?
It's great to see that other projects are on the horizon, but I think it is fair to say currently that CloD models the BoB, rather than replicating it.

Best wishes, and happy VE day!
Old 05-09-2011, 03:34 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sven View Post
Like he mentioned, this will be the only information regarding upcoming addons in the next couple of months, its good to know that they also working on the future. You are right that they should focus more on CoD, and I believe they already do looking at the amount of patches, your post is too furious and uncalled for.
Amen.

Unless they've fired all their art asset folks, they don't have anything to do with 99% of the current patch/codebase efforts. You've got to keep them busy doing something if you're going to keep them employed, and the art is the most time consuming thing to develop in the sim.

It's hard to be objective about that with the current state of the engine, but we've already seen a tremendous amount of work with it in the last 5 weeks. Even if it takes another 3 or 4 months to get the engine firing on all cylinders that's still half the time it takes for one dedicated 3D artist to create a full cockpit. It's unlikely those folks have the necessary skills to help at all with the patching and optimization work that's going on.

You've always got to be looking forward in the revenue cycle to the next product, even if you're still working furiously on the current one.

And yes, happy V-E day! A toast to the Red Army and the titanic conflicts they fought on the Eastern Front. Too many here in the US forget that we were just a minor side show in WWII. The men, material, and casualties involved on the Eastern Front will (hopefully) always be the single greatest conflict in the history of humanity.
Old 05-09-2011, 03:35 PM
Approved Member

Happy V-E Day
Old 05-09-2011, 03:35 PM
Langnasen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sven View Post
Like he mentioned, this will be the only information regarding upcoming addons in the next couple of months, its good to know that they also working on the future. You are right that they should focus more on CoD, and I believe they already do looking at the amount of patches, your post is too furious and uncalled for.
Too "furious and uncalled for"? What would call for it then, a game promoted as cutting edge and fully functional that turned out to be no better whatsoever than non-functional alpha code? Would that call for it do you think?

I've put DAYS into beta-testing CoD for the developers. They haven't paid me...no, indeed, I PAID THEM. So the least I expect, after a long weekend, is some bloody word on what's being done to get the MP working again, not to mention the 101 other major issues that still haven't been fixed. Not some bollocks about an add-on/expansion months down the road.

Or am I being unreasonable? Please sir, when might I expect to be able to actually play the effing game I bought instead of endlessly TESTING IT?
Old 05-09-2011, 03:47 PM
Approved Member

...so CloD sales went well!
Old 05-09-2011, 03:59 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NervousEnergy View Post
Amen.

Unless they've fired all their art asset folks, they don't have anything to do with 99% of the current patch/codebase efforts. You've got to keep them busy doing something if you're going to keep them employed, and the art is the most time consuming thing to develop in the sim.

It's hard to be objective about that with the current state of the engine, but we've already seen a tremendous amount of work with it in the last 5 weeks. Even if it takes another 3 or 4 months to get the engine firing on all cylinders that's still half the time it takes for one dedicated 3D artist to create a full cockpit. It's unlikely those folks have the necessary skills to help at all with the patching and optimization work that's going on.

You've always got to be looking forward in the revenue cycle to the next product, even if you're still working furiously on the current one.

And yes, happy V-E day! A toast to the Red Army and the titanic conflicts they fought on the Eastern Front. Too many here in the US forget that we were just a minor side show in WWII. The men, material, and casualties involved on the Eastern Front will (hopefully) always be the single greatest conflict in the history of humanity.
It would be nice if these 3D artists were working on more ships for the Kanal instead.
Old 05-09-2011, 04:00 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langnasen View Post
Too "furious and uncalled for"? What would call for it then, a game promoted as cutting edge and fully functional that turned out to be no better whatsoever than non-functional alpha code? Would that call for it do you think?

I've put DAYS into beta-testing CoD for the developers. They haven't paid me...no, indeed, I PAID THEM. So the least I expect, after a long weekend, is some bloody word on what's being done to get the MP working again, not to mention the 101 other major issues that still haven't been fixed. Not some bollocks about an add-on/expansion months down the road.

Or am I being unreasonable? Please sir, when might I expect to be able to actually play the effing game I bought instead of endlessly TESTING IT?
We're continuing to work on CoD. The new screenshots are in no way affecting that. You have a right to be angry and to demand a working game, and that's precisely why we're so motivated to work holidays and weekends.

It would obviously be unbelievably dumb for us to abandon CoD half-finished and to expect any kind of a success with a sequel (which is what the screenshots are from). Our future success depends on making customers like you happy.
Old 05-09-2011, 04:03 PM
Approved Member

Luthier, you de man!
Old 05-09-2011, 04:05 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Schlageter View Post
It would be nice if these 3D artists were working on more ships for the Kanal instead.
They could re-colour the fields and trees of England to be less flourescent lime green while they were at it.
Old 05-09-2011, 04:05 PM
Approved Member

Luthier, as contacting you is a nightmare, could you tell me here if your FMB guy or guys has taken a look at his: http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=20024

Additionally, I offered to help out with modelling you all the bombs and related stuff that is still missing in the Luftwaffe inverntory. Didn`t hear anything about that either.