Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > CoD Multiplayer

CoD Multiplayer Everything about multiplayer in IL-2 CoD

Old 12-26-2011, 02:34 AM
Approved Member

Well, I have uninstalled the game and I'm waiting for the "new graphics engine" and to someone to make a dinamic campaign generator (a modder, dont expect it from the developers). I'll buy the next game only of it brings improvements to CoD, and only after reading several reviews from forum member...

I've paid full price on this game and, according to my Steam profile, played 22h... 90% of time doing some random fights over the channel so to achieve a playable FPS, even with a powerful rig, but all you guys know what I'm talking about.

The way the things look, they would have to pay me monthly if they wish me playing at least 2 hours per week.

Meanwhile i play singleplayer, heavily modded original IL-2 and wait for BoM, if the devs want my money (more of it) do a better job this time.
Old 12-26-2011, 03:16 AM
Approved Member

ROF is dead to me because of the way they ask for more money to stay up to date. If IL2 did the same they'd loose my support also. Not all players have big wallets.
Old 12-26-2011, 05:05 AM
Approved Member

Paying monthly?
Thx but no thx!!!!!
Old 12-26-2011, 05:06 AM
Approved Member

+1 to thanks but no thanks...

Just keep the business model as is, and that is expansion packs... but have the expansion packs develop in the same order the main battles of WWII developed - both Europe and The Pacific.

Leave RoF for the "I want 1,000 planes" addicts Crikey, can it be imagined what it would be like with some plane addict setting a mission with planes no-one else has or wants?
Intel 980x | eVGA X58 FTW | Intel 180Gb 520 SSD x 2 | eVGA GTX 580 | Corsair Vengeance 1600 x 12Gb | Windows 7 Ultimate (SP1) 64 bit | Corsair 550D | Corsair HX 1000 PSU | Eaton 1500va UPS | Warthog HOTAS w/- Saitek rudders | Samsung PX2370 Monitor | Deathadder 3500 mouse | MS X6 Keyboard | TIR4

Stand alone Collector's Edition
DCS Series

Even duct tape can't fix stupid... but it can muffle the sound.
Old 12-26-2011, 07:32 AM
Approved Member

paying every month to play COD?that would be a horror scenario in my view.i think this would be the only reason where i would really quit to play the series and abandon it forever.

dont get me wrong, i want the devs to earn good money with the series, but not in this way.
they should continue their way to sell their products, just like it has been.i would pay more than 50 euro for a title in the series if it was necessary but not paying every month to play the game.no thanks.

Last edited by David198502; 12-26-2011 at 07:36 AM.
Old 12-26-2011, 07:58 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElAurens View Post
I dropped RoF because of that dubious business model.

All it does is create a bunch of customers addicted to new planes, and makes developers focus on new aircraft rather than new scenario/content creation.

It works, sort of, for RoF because they never have to make a new map, or add much of any type of ground vehicle/campaign scenario content.

The model used by IL2, and now the new sim, has worked very well over the years. New aircraft and maps, plus many necessary ground objects/vehicles, all tied up in a cohesive package. Far better than RoF's shotgun approach where new aircraft seemingly appear willy nilly with no historical context.
+ 1

Well said, I miss the ground war in Rise of Flight, and I dislike it's business model and the fanbase created by it.

Adding new maps and theathers is much more interesting in my opinion.
Old 12-26-2011, 11:12 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACE-OF-ACES View Post
I use to belive that too..

As one who use to pay $12/hr to fly Airwarrior online I thought WARBIRDS at a couple of bucks an hour was a steal! Lowered my monthly gaming bill from hundreds of dollars a month to something around a hundred a month.. That was the only option back in the day to get a good flight simulator online action, pay to play.

Than something happened about 10 years ago.. A little flight simulator called IL-2.. I had better graphics, better flight model and better online connections (less warping) than the flight sim I was paying to play (i.e. WARBIRDS)..

So I switched..

But I kept my eye on WARBIRDS.. The idea being I was thinking like you.. In a year or so, IL-2 would be old news, and warbirds would come out with some new greater looking 3D engine that would blow IL-2 away.. Made since in that WARBIRDS was getting monthly check and IL-2 was not.

But.. It never happened..

To this day WARBIRDS and other online sims like Aces-High have very dated looking graphics..

So in theory I agree with you, but, I think the bean counters at those places must keep putting the thumbs down on the 3D upgrades.. To keep the investors happy I guess.. I even check back every so often to see where they are.. About a year or so ago I thought I would give Aces-High another look.. There was only a handful (less than 30) of people online at any given time.. So not only was IL-2 kicking their buts in looks but in the number of people playing..

So, I think that monthly pay to play model just does not work..

But, I think the RoF model of paying for a new play is working an works well..

It kind of follows along the same line of thinking that 1C has had for the past ten years (see sig) where they come out with a pay for squeal that adds a few new plays..

So we either pay $50 for a squeal (1C) with a few new planes and maps or pay $12 per plane (RoF) to keep the flight sim makers cash flow flowing so the can continue to make us the stuff we love!

We flight simmers have to remember!!

Flight simming is a nitch market.. Barely enough of us out there for a game company to justify making a new sim.. So one way or another if we want to keep flying we need to pay them for what they do..

And $50 every five or six months for a squeal is far cheaper than a night out drinking.. and way cheaper than what I use to spend on Air Warrior in one night some 20 years ago.
Thx mate good feedback, I alos were in Warbirds , Aches High had some good team play there Made my squad in Aces High and meet some good friends there

This post is ofcourse just up for disqussion not my final view just a thought since some off the games out there have it, but some off you guys come up with good + - off it and I thank you for that SALUTE Gents
Old 12-26-2011, 12:46 PM
Approved Member

Default Horrible idea!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tavingon View Post
Literally if they had a team who just made bonus planes for cash, I'd buy every single one.. my wallet is ready, its irritating they arent willing to try dlc to supliment the developments!
Vote YES to splinter the online comunity.

It just wont have the amount of pilots original IL2 did online with a pay for per plane/instrument business model, dont you guys see that?

34 Me109 varriants @ $7 per plane = $238 + intruments @$2-5 +no mods= few pilots online.

$15 per bomber variant anyone?

A free variant + ai content every few months and an expansion every so often would be great.

IL2 and Rise of flight and are two different sims/$ model, how would you get to 300+ planes? Multiple theaters? (no mods?)with that business model you would find the online splintered into those who had all the content for a mission and those who didn’t. New mission rotates and half the online folks quite for the above reason and the other half quits for the latter. With that said who is going to pay for every 109 variant with over 34 variants. I think without a doubt it would also put off all the IL2 old timers. I have seen this same thread/post many times, let’s stop this silliness.

ASUS Sabertooth MB--Intel 2600k@4.7--EVGA GTX580 3GB--Corasir 1200 watt psu--Corsair 8gb 1833--Corsair H70 cooler--Corsair 650d case--OCZ Vertex 3--Track IR5--CH Eclipse Yoke--CH Trottle Quadrant--CH MFP--CH Rudders
Old 12-26-2011, 01:12 PM
Approved Member

Here's 15€ luthier, give me a flyable Cr.42. Here's another 15€ for a channel ship pack, go on! take it! Seriously if it's only money it takes to give us some more content then yes, I am willing to pay. Call me a fool if you will but if it's the only way to get new content then what else is there to do?

The old archaic way of doing it (the last ten years of expansions/sequels) is nice and fine but what if I don't care about T-34's or I-16's? What if I only want BoB scenario stuff? I don't mind paying for DLC for a game that I really enjoy and I want to extend the longevity on. Also, if luthier whines about he and the team has been working for "free" just to fix CloD then why not throw out some DLC for us to enjoy and pay for, maybe then he won't feel so sad about working.
Old 12-26-2011, 01:33 PM
Approved Member

I think you may have "the whines" coming from the wrong camp.... and in seeing the flak they, the developers, cop (yes, from whiners) its hard to believe they bother to keep going at all.

Don't destroy this sim with DLC like MSFS was... crap out of the box and pay a fortune to "fix" it.
Intel 980x | eVGA X58 FTW | Intel 180Gb 520 SSD x 2 | eVGA GTX 580 | Corsair Vengeance 1600 x 12Gb | Windows 7 Ultimate (SP1) 64 bit | Corsair 550D | Corsair HX 1000 PSU | Eaton 1500va UPS | Warthog HOTAS w/- Saitek rudders | Samsung PX2370 Monitor | Deathadder 3500 mouse | MS X6 Keyboard | TIR4

Stand alone Collector's Edition
DCS Series

Even duct tape can't fix stupid... but it can muffle the sound.

Last edited by Wolf_Rider; 12-26-2011 at 01:36 PM.