Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Technical threads

Technical threads All discussions about technical issues

Old 12-01-2011, 09:52 AM
Approved Member

hey guys!
i have track ir so i personally am not interested in facetracknoir, but i ask this for a friend of mine.
i could convince him to buy il1946 and now i gave him my russian version of clod,although he isnt really interested in flight sims.but he enjoys to fly with me now and then online, although he has yet to make is first kill....anyway his biggest problem is to hold contact to enemy planes with his coolie hat on his stick.he always complains that its impossible for him to track other planes while steering his own.i suggested him to buy track ir, but he is of the opinion, that its just too expenisve for his purpose, as he is not flying really regularly, but only now and then.
so to come to my initial question: does this really work..?i mean is it really useful in clod?
and do one to have a good webcam for this to work properly?
Old 12-02-2011, 01:10 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by David198502 View Post
hey guys!
i have track ir so i personally am not interested in facetracknoir, but i ask this for a friend of mine.
i could convince him to buy il1946 and now i gave him my russian version of clod,although he isnt really interested in flight sims.but he enjoys to fly with me now and then online, although he has yet to make is first kill....anyway his biggest problem is to hold contact to enemy planes with his coolie hat on his stick.he always complains that its impossible for him to track other planes while steering his own.i suggested him to buy track ir, but he is of the opinion, that its just too expenisve for his purpose, as he is not flying really regularly, but only now and then.
so to come to my initial question: does this really work..?i mean is it really useful in clod?
and do one to have a good webcam for this to work properly?
I think this one is best for these regular fly boys . It is not easy at first but when u adjust for your need is much better than hat on stick. For the web cam I use very cheap 13$ one it is working good. The bad news is it sometimes get jerky while looking around. But good calibration will fix it. Need to have good machine to run both Clod and facetracknoir.
Old 12-02-2011, 08:39 AM
Approved Member

thx for your answer....well the machine he has shouldnt be a problem, cause he is one of those guys who buys every year a new high end rig.
so a normal webcam should work properly and one dont have to buy a expensive one...good to know.thx again.