Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 07-28-2011, 10:31 PM
Approved Member

I use it a lot in IL2 '46, but I'm lost in CloD's FMB, and no real reason to use it as online really isn't a viable option yet.

Personally speaking, the P-40 could contend on an equal footing with all the types of Messerschmitts, almost to the end of 1943.
~Nikolay Gerasimovitch Golodnikov
Old 07-29-2011, 12:44 AM
Approved Member

I use it to create/edit missions and campaigns and now learning to use C#.

A lot of my time is spent in FMB and looking at how others are using script in their missions.
Old 07-29-2011, 02:23 AM
Approved Member

I opened up a few missions in the FMB just out of curiosity; only wanted to see how they worked. Then I discovered that creating and saving a custom weapons loadout in the FMB works every single time. So now I always start my missions from the FMB. I never use the normal ingame menus anymore.

Figured out how to create a simple dogfight mission, where RAF and Luftwaffe groups take off, meet and fight over Dover, then return to their respective bases and land. Now that's the mission I use to test loadouts and practice fighting in different aircraft. It's fun!

I just started playing around with all the static objects. I chose Lympne as my home airfield, and have been adding all sorts of equipment in an effort to make the place look alive. Next step is to start learning about all the AI pieces like AA guns, searchlights, and vehicles on spline roads.

I'm kind of kicking myself for never getting to know the FMB in '46. It's been right in front of me for years...
Old 07-29-2011, 07:36 AM
Approved Member

Used the '46 FMB quite a bit for online missions, can't get me head around Clod's FMB at all.

I always thought the FMB was a very good and very powerful tool, but with an interface that was frankly unacceptable ten years ago.

I'm flabbergasted they chose to use the same interface in 2011. It's simply not good enough, especially coupled the level of documentation, and the requirement to learn C#.

Why bother with an FMB? Once they've learnt to program, just give 'em Notepad and tell 'em to get on with it!
Old 07-29-2011, 07:39 AM
Approved Member

I am working on a library with a collection of functions which should make the life easier for the non/not-so-good C# mission designers.
Old 07-29-2011, 01:56 PM
Approved Member

FIREY,

1.Have you figured out the keys to rotate the runways?
Used to know em for il-2 Orig, but the grey cells all died.

2. How do I creat spawn points wherein one can only create PLAYER planes, so that no AI are in the air only REAL GAMER PILOTEN?

3. How do I orient Spawn so that they are facing the Enemy Spawn Point?

Thanks in Advance
Old 07-29-2011, 02:49 PM
Approved Member

Using the FMB is one of the few things in CoD I really enjoy. Simple missions can be created in only a few minutes, and if you go really wild with it you can do some amazing stuff.
Old 07-29-2011, 03:12 PM
Approved Member

Learning C# is not a requirement but a possibility to make something that was not possible in original IL-2. It is not required for making standard missions in FMB but allows creation of scripts for complex campaigns like this new mission from stillborn http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=24954 (can be played also as a singleplayer or coop if you start a password protected server for you or your friends).