Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > CoD Multiplayer

CoD Multiplayer Everything about multiplayer in IL-2 CoD

Old 01-09-2012, 09:48 AM
Approved Member

Is there a Steam issue with ping rates?

Last night was packed on ATAG and the Ping rates went sky high, a lot of players thought the server had crashed and left, a few minutes later pings went back to normal for those still left in game?

AMD A8 5600K Quad Core 3.6 Ghz - Win 7 64 - 8Gb Ram - GTX660ti 2Gb VRAM - FreeTrack - X52 - Asus 23' Monitor.
Old 01-09-2012, 09:52 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG52Krupi View Post
When I fly near Hawkinge my fps go from ~65 to 16 , not the only one with this problem.
Try this:

Install AMD Catalyst 12.1a Preview Windows Vista and 7 driver.

On the gaming (3D Application Settings) tab

Anti-Aliasing: Use application settings | Morphological filtering: Unchecked | Filter: Standard

Anisotropic Filtering: Use application settings

Tessellation: AMD Optimized

Catalyst A.I.: Performance | Enable Surface Format Optimization: Unchecked

Wait for vertical refresh: Off, unless application specifies

Anti-Aliasing Mode: Multi-sample AA

OpenGL Settings: Triple Buffering unchecked

On the My Digital Flat-Panels tab: Uncheck Enable GPU scalling, Reduce DVI frequency on high-resolution display, Alternate DVI operational mode

Launch the game on Very High settings with Anti-Aliasing Off | Anti-Epilepsy Off | SSAO Off | Vsync On

After setting your ride hit create, then after all textures are loaded hit Esc go to your video options and set Buildings Detail: Very Low | Forest: Medium | Texture Quality: Medium | Land Shading: Medium. Return to your cockpit with the new settings and see if you had a more stable/smoth FPS over land/cities without loosing your aircraft texture (even after dropping down the Texture Quality to Medium).

At this point, if all went as expected, you should be able to start tweaking FXAA at your taste.

Regards.
Old 01-09-2012, 10:45 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xnomad View Post
Unfortunately for us Australians there aren't enough servers, if only ATAG was even closer to us.....
Salmo runs a good Australian server, just never anybody on it unfortunately.
Old 01-09-2012, 12:44 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xnomad View Post
...my ping is acceptable on (240 ms). However as I said I've never noticed lag when attacking only when defending.
Well, if you have 240ms and the other player has 240ms as well, this gives a total of 0,5 seconds.

If you are attacking and have somebody in front of you it makes less impact because your vectors are more or less towards the same direction.
Doing barel-rolls or scissors next to each other is more comlicated because both opponents are constantly changing their vectors nearly 160° each one, each time. Within 0,5sec total lag, a lot may happen.

Besides I have the feeling that CoD uses a complecated formula something to calculate the position of the objects. It has happened many time that I saw dots in the horizon or far away ship-dots in the sea warping when changing between wide and narrow view.

Let us all be happy that ATAG has such a good bandwidth that such problems are very very limited!

~S~
Old 01-09-2012, 07:30 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEE View Post
Is there a Steam issue with ping rates?

Last night was packed on ATAG and the Ping rates went sky high, a lot of players thought the server had crashed and left, a few minutes later pings went back to normal for those still left in game?
On all previous patches (including the beta patches) we could have as many players connected without any steam/server issues. We had over 100 players at one point in the latest beta. Of course, with the skin download problem, you could imagine the stuttering, but at least the server/steam didn't seem to mind.

But now, you get over 60 players (seems to be the magic number) the server console will become unresponsive, the server won't be on the steam list anymore, and you'll be flying in limbo land. But, when enough people get fed up with this and leave (less than 60) in a few minutes the server will respond again, talk to steam, throw out 1,000,000 chat messages from all the stuff that was stuck from before, and go back to normal.

I reported this issue the second the official patch came out - probably to only fall on deaf ears! The server filled up repeatedly, and it was always around 60 players when this happened. That's why we've had the server limit set to 60 players since then. We've recently tried to up the number, and as more than 60 joined, that's when the problem took place, yet again. I was hopeful that one of the steam updates throughout that time had done something to fix the issue, but obviously that's not the case. Broken game is broken.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335th_GRAthos View Post
When I look at the Hawkinge airfield my fps go from ~68 to 28
If I flying near it without looking at the airfield my fps does not suffer.

~S~
New version up that should help with the FPS problem over the fields, but be prepared to run into some bad spawn points. We either get the choice of having you spawn into a hanger randomly, with a possible explosion, or drown down your FPS because of all the bad spawn points we have to try and fix with the game.

Hopefully, some of this stuff is actually being looked at by the dev team.

Edit: And the objective messages should be correct now, repeating the correct objectives and the right areas for them. Let me know if you see any other problems.

Thanks.

2nd Edit: For those that join our team speak some pretty cool stuff has been coded to work with the game. From our forums:

Quote:
Colander has coded a pretty cool feature with regards to the TS3 server and our IL2COD servers.

Basically, if you join TS3 and enter the game, you can now switch channels in-game.

How this works: This is completely dependent by not only which side you are on but what server as well. For instance if you join the red side (in-game) once you pull up the in-game radio command menu, select the "Mission" menu and you'll see all the red TS3 channels listed for whatever server you have selected to fly on. From that list you can not only choose what channel you want to switch to (flight#1, bomber flight #1, etc.,etc.,), it will also allow you to see who else is in each of those channels by selecting it.

So for those that fly both sides, or don't like alt/tabbing to swap channels, you can now be automatically moved to w/e channel on w/e server for w/e side (phew!) you fly on.

Btw, the only way this will work is if your TS3 name is identical to your in-game (steam) name.

A big thanks to Colander for this!

ATAG Forums + Stats

Last edited by ATAG_Bliss; 01-09-2012 at 07:44 PM.
Old 01-09-2012, 11:31 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jg27_mc View Post
Try this:

Install AMD Catalyst 12.1a Preview Windows Vista and 7 driver.

On the gaming (3D Application Settings) tab

Anti-Aliasing: Use application settings | Morphological filtering: Unchecked | Filter: Standard

Anisotropic Filtering: Use application settings

Tessellation: AMD Optimized

Catalyst A.I.: Performance | Enable Surface Format Optimization: Unchecked

Wait for vertical refresh: Off, unless application specifies

Anti-Aliasing Mode: Multi-sample AA

OpenGL Settings: Triple Buffering unchecked

On the My Digital Flat-Panels tab: Uncheck Enable GPU scalling, Reduce DVI frequency on high-resolution display, Alternate DVI operational mode

Launch the game on Very High settings with Anti-Aliasing Off | Anti-Epilepsy Off | SSAO Off | Vsync On

After setting your ride hit create, then after all textures are loaded hit Esc go to your video options and set Buildings Detail: Very Low | Forest: Medium | Texture Quality: Medium | Land Shading: Medium. Return to your cockpit with the new settings and see if you had a more stable/smoth FPS over land/cities without loosing your aircraft texture (even after dropping down the Texture Quality to Medium).

At this point, if all went as expected, you should be able to start tweaking FXAA at your taste.

Regards.
FYI I played around with the settings a bit more and now I have decent fps again

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiThSpAwN View Post
Its a glass half full/half empty scenario, we all know the problems, we all know what needs to be fixed it just some people focus on the water they have and some focus on the water that isnt there....
Gigabyte X58A-UD5 | Intel i7 930 | Corsair H70 | ATI 5970 | 6GB Kingston DDR3 | Intel 160GB G2 | Win 7 Ultimate 64 Bit |
MONITOR: Acer S243HL.
CASE: Thermaltake LEVEL 10.
INPUTS: KG13 Warthog, Saitek Pedals, Track IR 4.
Old 01-10-2012, 12:16 AM
Approved Member

Just had an awesome time on ATAG. Thought I would try out the Blenheim online now that I've gotten a pretty good takeoff success rate in it. I started at Littlestone with with a loadout of 40% fuel and 4x250Kg bombs. So I tookoff and headed towards France, slowly gaining altitude up to about 4k feet looking for targets. Ended up finding a nice convoy just west of French Point. So I decided to give divebombing a go. Lined up with a nice big cargo ship straight on in a shallow descent. Right before I was over it I let loose all 4 bombs. Direct hit and down she went! Ended up shattering some of my windows but other than that I was in one piece. So I headed back for home. Had a perfect landing on top of all that.... Oh what a good feeling!

The ol' Blenny is surely a treat! There's nothing more fulfilling than flying a successful mission in that old thing. It's quite a handful, but once you've got a good idea of how to fly it, it can be very rewarding!
- 2500k @ 4.8Ghz Lapped IHS - AsRock P67 Extreme4 Gen3 - MSI GTX 560 Ti 2Gb - Crutial M4 SATA3 64Gb SSD - 8Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600Mhz @ 8-8-8-21 RAM - Silverstone 750w Fully Modular PSU - Antec 1200 ATX Case - Zalman 9700 Cooler - Win7 Ultimate x64 -
Old 01-10-2012, 12:26 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacoma74 View Post
Ended up shattering some of my windows but other than that I was in one piece.
Try changing your pistol delay to 11 seconds - you should be fine and they will sink just the same.
Old 01-10-2012, 12:35 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbop View Post
Try changing your pistol delay to 11 seconds - you should be fine and they will sink just the same.
Yea I was half way across the channel before I realised I forgot to change my bomb delays. Was originally planning on skip bombing, but with a 0 second delay thats pretty much suicide. I thought I would probably have better luck divebombing. But oh well... Hopefully I remember next time! lol
- 2500k @ 4.8Ghz Lapped IHS - AsRock P67 Extreme4 Gen3 - MSI GTX 560 Ti 2Gb - Crutial M4 SATA3 64Gb SSD - 8Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600Mhz @ 8-8-8-21 RAM - Silverstone 750w Fully Modular PSU - Antec 1200 ATX Case - Zalman 9700 Cooler - Win7 Ultimate x64 -
Old 01-10-2012, 09:15 AM
Approved Member

Bliss and the team, in line with this discussion http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=28904 I wonder if you have VAC ON in confs.ini for your server?

Did you experience any cheats or mods abuse?