Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 06-25-2009, 06:42 AM
Approved Member

Yeah, you can doubt the accuracy of the grand total, but there can be no doubt he shot down hundreds of enemy aircraft and was an extremely skilled aviator.

"Propaganda" alone doesn't explain why the Germans had dozens of aces with over a hundred kills when the best Western allied one was around 40 I believe. German pilots had more opportunities, especially against basically obsolete French, Polish and some early level Soviet aircraft.
Old 06-25-2009, 03:12 PM
Approved Member

Achievment: "Eye for an eye" when the same guy that shot you down runs into your parachute killing both of you.
Old 06-25-2009, 03:55 PM
Approved Member

Your all forgetting that German pilots included, in all their kills, every battle period they ever fought in. For instance, British pilots in ww2 had their kills from the Battle of France (if they fought) as a seperate tally. So a pilot could achieve acedom in the BoF and then start afresh for the BoB.
For luftwaffe pilots, they inlcuded every war etc they fought in. Some pilots fought in the Spanish Civil war, so that was included in their tally
Old 06-25-2009, 06:12 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by philip.ed View Post
Your all forgetting that German pilots included, in all their kills, every battle period they ever fought in. For instance, British pilots in ww2 had their kills from the Battle of France (if they fought) as a seperate tally. So a pilot could achieve acedom in the BoF and then start afresh for the BoB.
For luftwaffe pilots, they inlcuded every war etc they fought in. Some pilots fought in the Spanish Civil war, so that was included in their tally
Yep. The Spanish Civil war is the war they tested Blitzkreig on, plus BoB which was an all air battle, and all of the invasions.
Old 06-25-2009, 06:57 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xNikex View Post
Yep. The Spanish Civil war is the war they tested Blitzkreig on, plus BoB which was an all air battle, and all of the invasions.
Yep, so in this sense-the Germans were in the best position combat wise to rack up their kill streaks They were on the offensive, and then the defensive, throughout ww2 and were the aggresors in the SC war. Plus, aerial wise they were fighting a war of attrition after they lost the BoB in the western front so they were heavily involved in conbat.
I haven't even included battles in the East and in Africa and Malta
Old 06-25-2009, 09:17 PM
Approved Member

That's why I said they had the most opportunity for kills. All of the German aces who had over 200 and 300 kills were primarily on the Eastern front vs the Soviet Union. The highest scoring ace vs the Western Allies was Marseille with 158, he was part of the Afrika Korps.

Then again, being forced to fly over and over can also stress and exhaust pilots, which would make it harder for them to get kills, not easier.
Old 06-25-2009, 09:31 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Achievment: "Eye for an eye" when the same guy that shot you down runs into your parachute killing both of you.
I'm pretty sure you can't run into parachutes in BoP..
Old 06-25-2009, 10:55 PM
Approved Member

One more quick thing I forgot was the fact that German pilots had no maximum number of missions or tours of duty. They basically flew until they died. While the Allies did'nt want to lose their best pilots for fear that moral may drop. So I can see how they would have so many flyers with hundreds of victories.

Anyway, sorry to the TC. We kind of hyjacked your topic.
Old 06-25-2009, 10:58 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomo View Post
I'm pretty sure you can't run into parachutes in BoP..
Well they only said you can't shoot them down, but we'll see. I bet there will be a ton of noobs (or those from the original that are unaware of this) that will try to do so and get themselves killed.

But I don't intend to be shot down anyway.
Old 06-27-2009, 06:15 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
I bet there will be a ton of noobs (or those from the original that are unaware of this) that will try to do so and get themselves killed.
HaHa yes! just what i was thinking.

How about "Death From Above" - "In multiplayer, Take an enemy down with a direct hit from a Bomb"