Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King`s Bounty: Warriors of the North

King`s Bounty: Warriors of the North Next game in the award-winning King’s Bounty series

Old 11-07-2012, 02:42 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhruic View Post
Head: 500-1000 physical
Left/Right feet: 700-1300 physical
Spit: 400-900 magical
Does the head also 'poison' you like previous games?

As for the spit being magical. Ugh. Double ugh.
Old 11-07-2012, 02:47 AM
Approved Member

There's no poison that I can see. The only "special" seems to be a chance to "curse" - with 100% for the head, 25% for the feet (and 10% when webbed). There's 2nd type of curse that has a 100% chance for the spit. I haven't really looked into what exactly each "curse" does.

Oh, and while I'm at it, the spider boss's resists:
physical=10
poison=50
magic=10

So Royal Snakes might be a poor choice to fight it, especially as it always retaliates.
Old 11-07-2012, 03:22 AM
Approved Member

Yeah I noticed that he retaliates against even no retaliation attacks. The snakes are a good choice against the babies, I just had a bunch of Jotuns and Polar Bears clobber ugly guts while the Sea Dogs, Jarls and Snakes handled the little ones.

Thanks Bhruic. Now I know next time not to attack the left and right feet!
Old 11-07-2012, 04:25 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhruic View Post
There's no poison that I can see. The only "special" seems to be a chance to "curse" - with 100% for the head, 25% for the feet (and 10% when webbed). There's 2nd type of curse that has a 100% chance for the spit. I haven't really looked into what exactly each "curse" does.

Oh, and while I'm at it, the spider boss's resists:
physical=10
poison=50
magic=10

So Royal Snakes might be a poor choice to fight it, especially as it always retaliates.
I used Snakes as hybrid ranged characters, and only ever attacked the boss with Lunge. The ranged retaliation deals the least damage + the boss has a chance to stun with webbing instead (no damage done, so your troops survive longer), which can be dispelled.

I would strongly advise against using too many melee troops to dps the boss on Impossible, since it has 34k hp ... every stack of melee troops (except trolls) I tried would pretty much die out before the boss hit red health.

Last edited by Dragnipurake; 11-07-2012 at 04:31 AM.
Old 11-07-2012, 06:03 AM
Approved Member

Ah yes, the glowing magical spit ball. Yeah, I don't bother using stoneskin for that... since it didn't seem to do much or do anything -- looks like I was right as it is magical! Good information!

The "curse" drops your morale to "unhappy". I'm not sure if it has any additional side effects, but it gives him a chance to kill my trolls since my defense drops enough.

Actually, sometimes the arms are still better to go for because you can only be attacked by 2 spider stacks at once vs 3 in the middle. Plus, getting 'cursed' is a terrible terrible thing since you will get a bad morale. This is with the triple troll stack build.

Yeah, bosses tend to have special characteristics with retaliation. Aka, all ranged units will be retaliated against.

If you want to hit the spider boss WITHOUT retaliation, you can use jarl with SWEEP strike on an adjacent spider. This will hit the boss with ZERO retaliation.

Also, I have no idea how this triggers but sometimes you can hit the arm with a troll and ZERO retaliation occurs. Not sure if it is a small chance to not retaliate or not. In any event, don't bet your money on it. He retaliates 98% of the time.