Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King`s Bounty: Warriors of the North

King`s Bounty: Warriors of the North Next game in the award-winning King’s Bounty series

Old 11-05-2012, 11:02 PM
Approved Member

Default Urgent help needed

Hey guys. I can't get past the first boss (giant spider). It's kicking my butt every time I try. Can you give me some advice? By the way, I checked some of the older threads and people usually advice using trols. In my game there are no trolls in the first four islands. So that's out.
Old 11-05-2012, 11:11 PM
Approved Member

Check the thread for the 'hidden' store on the second island. It is said to always have trolls, but I missed it my first play through.

Other than that, spider checklist:

1) Did all quests before it?
2) Level 17 (if on impossible) 20 or higher on other difficulties?
3) Using the Leadership Valkyrie for extra army size?
4) Replace any rage gear with leadership gear

Good, now lets talk how to kill it. This is a fight that you want to take your time with. If your army is the right size and strength, you want something big and tanky (jotun, jarl) to smack away at the spider, while everyone else just kills the little spider stalks. If you have trolls, they are the perfect tank, since they heal each turn.
Old 11-05-2012, 11:53 PM
Approved Member

1) Yes.
2) Level 18 on normal. Can't get any higher.
3) Yes.
4) Yes.

Tried everything I possibly could. The closest I could get was lower its HP to 1600. I guess all it comes down to is luck. I read previous threads and more than one person suggest using trolls (and I have none in my game).

You know, I've always been a fan of KB but it seems to me that they've dropped the ball in this one. Translation issues, ridiculous amounts of gold, impossible (and stupid) boss fight, countless bugs, etc. Good thing I'm playing with a pirated copy. It would've really sucked if I'd have actually paid for it. Thank god for hackers.

Last edited by cihank1; 11-06-2012 at 12:13 AM.
Old 11-06-2012, 12:06 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cihank1 View Post
1) Yes.
2) Level 18 on normal. Can't get any higher.
3) Yes.
4) Yes.

Tried everything I possibly could. The closest I could get was lower its HP to 1600. I guess all it comes down to is luck. I read previous threads and more than one person suggest using trolls (and I have none in my game).

You know, I've always been a fan of KB but it seems to me that they've dropped the ball in this one. Translation issues, ridiculous amounts of gold, impossible (and stupid) boss fight, countless bugs, etc. Good thing I'm playing with a pirated copy. It would've really sucked if I'd have actually paid for it.
It is a hard fight, but I don't it is stupid or even unfair. What troops are you using?

Also 'haha, I pirated it' is sorta immature to say when asking for help.
Old 11-06-2012, 12:12 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zechnophobe View Post
It is a hard fight, but I don't it is stupid or even unfair. What troops are you using?

Also 'haha, I pirated it' is sorta immature to say when asking for help.
I tried various combinations: vikings, berserkers, royal snakes, jotuns, assassins, axe throwers, etc.

Also my intention is not making fun of anyone who paid for the game. But let's face it, WotN really sucks. They've obviously rushed it and I would've feel cheated if I'd paid for it.
Old 11-06-2012, 12:15 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
I tried various combinations: vikings, berserkers, royal snakes, jotuns, assassins, axe throwers, etc.

Also my intention is not making fun of anyone who paid for the game. But let's face it, WotN really sucks. They've obviously rushed it and I would've feel cheated if I'd paid for it.
Well, just to put it out there, I used Jotuns, Jarls, Royal Snakes, Maidens and Soothsayers. Got through with fairly minimal casualties (a few snakes, one jarl, one soothsayer). Jotun and Jarls smacked the spider around, snakes and others smacked the little spiders around. Used resurrection when needed, stone skinned both troops hitting the spider.
Old 11-06-2012, 12:32 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zechnophobe View Post
Well, just to put it out there, I used Jotuns, Jarls, Royal Snakes, Maidens and Soothsayers. Got through with fairly minimal casualties (a few snakes, one jarl, one soothsayer). Jotun and Jarls smacked the spider around, snakes and others smacked the little spiders around. Used resurrection when needed, stone skinned both troops hitting the spider.
Here's my problem: I didn't find any trolls, royal griffins or maidens (they're all recommended in various posts). I also didn't find any stone skin or resurrection scrolls either. Now, I'm sure that I'll find those in later areas, but I can't get there BECAUSE OF THAT DAMN SPIDER! So I'm basically stuck. You see my point when I say WotN sucks and I'm glad I didn't pay for it?

Last edited by cihank1; 11-06-2012 at 12:35 AM.
Old 11-06-2012, 12:57 AM
Approved Member

He said Royal Snakes, not Griffins. Snakes are guarunteed to exist in the underground area on Istering. You almost certainly have the Trolls as well, but they are in an unmarked mountain area in Vestlig.
Old 11-06-2012, 01:31 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Here's my problem: I didn't find any trolls, royal griffins or maidens (they're all recommended in various posts). I also didn't find any stone skin or resurrection scrolls either. Now, I'm sure that I'll find those in later areas, but I can't get there BECAUSE OF THAT DAMN SPIDER! So I'm basically stuck. You see my point when I say WotN sucks and I'm glad I didn't pay for it?
You don't need Royal Griffons, and you don't NEED the maidens either, they just reduce the total number of casualties. I don't want to make too big of a point here, but just because you can't figure out how to win a fight, doesn't mean there is a flaw in the game.
Old 11-06-2012, 01:43 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhruic View Post
He said Royal Snakes, not Griffins. Snakes are guarunteed to exist in the underground area on Istering. You almost certainly have the Trolls as well, but they are in an unmarked mountain area in Vestlig.
I know what he said and I have lots of royal snakes. But in another post someone recommends using royal griffins. As for the trolls, there're none in my game (I've looked everywhere; there're only jotuns and they're crap). As you may know units spawn randomly and I guess I'm sh*t out of luck. Oh, I also couldn't find any stone skin or resurrection scrolls and a lot of people say they used those spells to win.

Look, I'm not some newbie playing his first turn-based strategy game. I'm telling you; it's just not happening without trolls and/or stone skin spell. Goddamn spider summons hundreds of its babies, then either hits close-by units with melee or throws goo. Then it's rinse-and-repeat. Is there another way to defeat that thing (I mean without trolls and stone skin)?