Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 10-10-2012, 09:41 AM
Approved Member

yeah i had the same problem...i found a couple of articles....one was stating, that the B-Patrone was designed for the Luftwaffe....
you are right that it was indeed forbidden to use this kind of ammo for quite a while, until the germans noticed that russian marksmen were using some similar explosive ammo...only then it was used in infantry as well.

some of the articles say as well, that it was a superiour type to the Pmk, but expensive to produce, so that it was used rarely...however, ill have to talk to pitti again, as he has found a site, with historical loadouts for the 109
Old 10-10-2012, 09:55 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by macro View Post
With alot of dewild ammo this is how most of my kills are happening now.
I know you are a good flyer Macro but DeWilde was in short supply. Historically you shouldn't have more than a single gun loaded, maybe two if you're lucky. Anything more is non-historic, but that's your choice of course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luno13 View Post
The Hurri has a tank in the nose, and one in each wing.
The common problem for the Hurricane was that when the wings were hit there was no bulkhead between the wing and cockpit, so fuel would just pour into the cockpit floor directly. When it caught fire the pilot was literally sat in a vat of petrol (100 octane of course.....).

Last edited by Osprey; 10-10-2012 at 09:59 AM.
Old 10-10-2012, 10:28 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attila View Post
last night i was flying for one and a half hour on ATAG. Killed 4 Spits. After landing i saw the damageprotocol and there was alot of damages! btw, nice feature this protocol on ATAG!
That's nice..

Ammo used? Because if you say you are using Beo's then that is even more confusing as this should be a uniformed problem?

As I was testing these issues I had nothing loaded other than B's and tracer
Old 10-10-2012, 10:43 AM
Approved Member

well ze-jamz,i think that loading tracers, should lead to a different result than loading B-Beobachtung only...
Old 10-10-2012, 11:13 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by David198502 View Post
well ze-jamz,i think that loading tracers, should lead to a different result than loading B-Beobachtung only...
Just jamz mate

Too a small degree yes..fyi 1 in every 10 was tracer so I doubt the difference is anything other than minute
Old 10-10-2012, 12:51 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by David198502 View Post
yeah i had the same problem...i found a couple of articles....one was stating, that the B-Patrone was designed for the Luftwaffe....
you are right that it was indeed forbidden to use this kind of ammo for quite a while, until the germans noticed that russian marksmen were using some similar explosive ammo...only then it was used in infantry as well.

some of the articles say as well, that it was a superiour type to the Pmk, but expensive to produce, so that it was used rarely...however, ill have to talk to pitti again, as he has found a site, with historical loadouts for the 109
Yes I found that info, too. Russian ammunition was different but you're right, this kind of ammunition was quite popular with snipers because of the extended range and very favourable ballistic coeficient.

If you can share the website Pitti found that would be great.
Old 10-20-2012, 10:06 AM
Approved Member

fellas has this situation changed with the patch?

Flown red couple of times so havent tested them yet online

has anyone?
Old 10-20-2012, 10:22 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ze-Jamz View Post
I took an E-1 up today and loaded it with Beo's and tracer...No Dmg whatsoever to online Spits but did Dmg AI bombers..

I come up on a Spit's high 6 who didnt see me and peppered him with all 4 guns, I could see the impacts but no DMG was shown neither was he Dmg's...I expended all my ammo in the end fighting him untill i made a run home..

landed and stats said no Dmg..

Before that I hit (or thought i did) approx 3-4 Spits through the night but didnt bring any down, just thought I was unlucky as nothing was showing on stats...

either way not good..I wont be loading them for online play again, they work fine and as they should offline and on AI as i said..

Strange
I shot a Spit Ia on ATAG 2 days ago from some 75-50 m, dead six, MG+cannon with no Beobachtung, only AP-IET and a mix of m-Geschoss and AP-HE for the cannons, a long burst before he dove away, and the damage report showed only a "weapons damage". I believe that shooting from dead six reduces greatly (too much) the effectiveness of rounds.

Cheers!
Old 10-20-2012, 10:32 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insuber View Post
I shot a Spit Ia on ATAG 2 days ago from some 75-50 m, dead six, MG+cannon with no Beobachtung, only AP-IET and a mix of m-Geschoss and AP-HE for the cannons, a long burst before he dove away, and the damage report showed only a "weapons damage". I believe that shooting from dead six reduces greatly (too much) the effectiveness of rounds.

Cheers!
rgt..

Beo's are the most effective ammo in Mg's imo... I hope they have fixed that problem
Old 10-20-2012, 02:15 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ze-Jamz View Post
rgt..

Beo's are the most effective ammo in Mg's imo... I hope they have fixed that problem
I find the E-1 using 80% AP to be extremely effective. Parts flying off and pilot kills are common.