Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Closed Thread

Old 09-28-2012, 06:55 PM
Approved Member

Default Latest Patch HURRICANES NOT STARTING AGAIN???

Geeze,
Online.
Tried the startup procedures and it looks like the Hurricanes won't start again as before.

Also, key map is changed for full rich and full lean. They don't work!!

Maybe it's me but I don't think so.

Pretty fed-up with the quality of the fundamentals of the patches. I install them with the thought of "What have they broken now?"

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Last edited by Catseye; 09-28-2012 at 07:57 PM.
Old 09-28-2012, 06:57 PM
Approved Member

Have you tried this, posted by Farber:

When the patch cam out today a bunch of us jumped on Storm of War Campaigns as it was the first server patched.

I am not familuar with starting the red fighters much and it was a real pain, Spit Ia started well enough but the Hurri not so well.

Using 90% pitch and 20% gas helped allot.
Old 09-28-2012, 06:58 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catseye View Post
Geeze,
Also, key map is changed for full rich and full lean. They don't work!!

Maybe it's me but I don't think so.
Based on the patch notes I think it is you.. i.e.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luthier View Post
Other flight model and engine changes.
- Corrected the mixture control level on Hurricanes and Spitfires. It is now push forward for Lean, pull back for Rich. With that, moving the throttle lever to idle will return the lever to Rich.
Quote:
Pretty fed-up with the quality of the fundamentals of the patches. I install them with the thought of "What have they broken now?"
Probably no more fed up than those who write the patch notes only to find out that nobody reads them

Quote:
Correct me if I'm wrong.
Done!

Last edited by ACE-OF-ACES; 09-28-2012 at 07:04 PM.
Old 09-28-2012, 07:08 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACE-OF-ACES View Post
Based on the patch notes I think it is you.. i.e.

Probably no more fed up than those who write the patch notes only to find out that nobody reads them

Done!
You are such a piece of work.
Can you get them to start?? If so, tell me how? I bet you can't.
So how do you qualify it's me?? I can read the notes very well thank you and I've been flying this sim it all iterations and I'm no noob. Unless you have empirical data to show it's me best not to continue to be a snotty idiot. You certainly have not corrected me as I politely asked but rather showed your adolescent thinking. Nuff said.

Last edited by Catseye; 09-28-2012 at 07:11 PM.
Old 09-28-2012, 07:13 PM
Approved Member

I've the same problem, but why always starts a new thread, use the BUG Thread for describing this issue.
Old 09-28-2012, 07:16 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FG28_Kodiak View Post
I've the same problem, but why always starts a new thread, use the BUG Thread for describing this issue.
I posted this info BEFORE the bug thread was created.
Old 09-28-2012, 07:32 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
You are such a piece of work.
Can you get them to start?? If so, tell me how? I bet you can't.
So how do you qualify it's me?? I can read the notes very well thank you and I've been flying this sim it all iterations and I'm no noob. Unless you have empirical data to show it's me best not to continue to be a snotty idiot. You certainly have not corrected me as I politely asked but rather showed your adolescent thinking. Nuff said.
You poor thing..

I know it can be upsetting at times, not being able to get things to work on the first try..

But here is some additional info that might help you out..

From the patch notes..

Quote:
Originally Posted by luthier View Post
FM
Conducted a huge amount of work correcting and improving aircraft flight models as well as most engine models.
- Corrected the Merlin engine model.
That and you might want to 'read' JG52Uther re-post of what Farber had to say wrt starting the engines..

Where you can see 'some' people got the engines to start because they had the patience to try a few things before posting here that it was a bug

Good Luck!
Old 09-28-2012, 07:33 PM
Approved Member

Confirm 100oct Hurri does not start.

Mixture control needs to be reversed in the controls menu. My mixture wheel was reversed, so wouldn't start any a/c as the lever back was giving lean.

Reverse your mixture controls and Spits are fine.

The Hurri won't start whatever you do.
Old 09-28-2012, 07:40 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATAG_Dutch View Post
Confirm 100oct Hurri does not start.

Mixture control needs to be reversed in the controls menu. My mixture wheel was reversed, so wouldn't start any a/c as the lever back was giving lean.

Reverse your mixture controls and Spits are fine.

The Hurri won't start whatever you do.
Hi Dutch:
Interesting.
I have the mixture control set to the throttle back position (default) - are you saying that this is in fact Lean? Or just the key map? I adjusted my settings to conform to full back being rich. I also noticed that you have to have the throttle full open before you can get the mixture control to move. Then when you pull the throttle back, the mixture control snaps back to full rich. Is this now the correct physical way it worked in RL?

SpitII starts fine - other iterations not so for me.

Cheers
Old 09-28-2012, 07:53 PM
Approved Member

Hiya Cats. Yep. My mixture is on an axis, and needed to be reversed to give correct mixture setting to start.

If you're using buttons, whicheverr leaned it out before will now be giving rich, presumably.

I've just found out that I can't start any Hurri at all. Something amiss with all Hurricanes.

The physical operation of mixture is correct. Just make sure of your controls in the menu. It won't help with the Hurris tho.
Closed Thread