Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 05-30-2012, 10:16 PM
Approved Member

Default Question

Is the contacts disapearing at certain distances bug still around? I have a GTX 460 (1gig) with 301.42 driver.
Old 05-30-2012, 10:34 PM
Approved Member

The problem has been addressed and almost completely resolve. BETA PATCH v1.06.17582 + Mini FIX.

Still...
Contact spotting and detection is much harder than Classic IL2 reference, especially against the ground.
In online playing, my experience is with ATAG server, you sometimes run into ghost contacts, that is black
dots that disappear when you get to certain distance and that they are not really there. Mystery of the
CloD code...

Anyway things are getting there slowly, two steps forward, one to the side and sometimes one backwards.
Some of us still belive.

Salutes.

Last edited by Majo; 05-30-2012 at 10:39 PM.
Old 05-30-2012, 10:52 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majo View Post
The problem has been addressed and almost completely resolve. BETA PATCH v1.06.17582 + Mini FIX.

Still...
Contact spotting and detection is much harder than Classic IL2 reference, especially against the ground.
In online playing, my experience is with ATAG server, you sometimes run into ghost contacts, that is black
dots that disappear when you get to certain distance and that they are not really there. Mystery of the
CloD code...

Salutes.
I don't mind the difficulty in contact spotting in comparison to IL2, That's one of the things that's challenging in this. I do mind that contacts disappear into the void of nothingness when I start to hunt. That's frustrating and that's not what I want.
Old 05-31-2012, 02:25 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1.JaVA_Sharp View Post
I don't mind the difficulty in contact spotting in comparison to IL2, That's one of the things that's challenging in this. I do mind that contacts disappear into the void of nothingness when I start to hunt. That's frustrating and that's not what I want.
Some say it's realistic. I think it's annoying as hell. I stopped flying at the Atag Channel server for exactly that reason. Maybe I should give it a try again. Have not been online much since the latest beta patch. Also the visibility problems force everyone down to ground level. looking up is the only way too find targets. Camouflage conceals plane's somewhat against a similar background. In real life though, once you aquire a target and keep your eyes one it, you'll be able to keep it aquired most of the time.
Old 05-31-2012, 09:45 AM
Opitz

Yeah, it is almost corrected, but it doesnt work yet...
Old 05-31-2012, 10:46 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opitz View Post
Yeah, it is almost corrected, but it doesnt work yet...
I'm right 98% of time, who cares about other 3%...
Old 05-31-2012, 11:59 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigC208 View Post
Some say it's realistic.Camouflage conceals plane's somewhat against a similar background. In real life though, once you aquire a target and keep your eyes one it, you'll be able to keep it aquired most of the time.
And that's the trouble I find myself in, to a t.

I
Old 05-31-2012, 12:16 PM
Approved Member

To solve the disappearing and reappearing contacts just change MeshShowLod=0 to 1 in conf.ini, it's in the [core] section.

But it will not solve this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majo View Post
CloD code...
They disappear simply because they don't exist. I'ts the opposite problem, and it's online code fault I think. Has nothing to do with the LOD problem.
Old 06-05-2012, 11:13 AM
Approved Member

Will try this out, ty HR_Naglfar.