Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Pilot's Lounge

Pilot's Lounge Members meetup

Old 04-21-2012, 01:59 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335th_GRAthos View Post
The only thing that makes me sad and annoyed is that 1C team spent so many manhours programming trying to make a new "lighter"(?) or "more efficient"(?) graphics engine because ATI and NV did not have powerful enough single GPUs at that time, because sli did not work and because so many people complained about "why does CoD not run on my Pentium IV 2.0GHz PC".

Had this amount of time being spent in further developing and correcting the open issues, we would have been much better off today.

~S~
Well they found a lot of code errors so there was a lot more to it than just that.
Old 04-21-2012, 02:16 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
The only thing that makes me sad and annoyed is that 1C team spent so many manhours programming trying to make a new "lighter"(?) or "more efficient"(?) graphics engine because ATI and NV did not have powerful enough single GPUs at that time, because sli did not work and because so many people complained about "why does CoD not run on my Pentium IV 2.0GHz PC".

Had this amount of time being spent in further developing and correcting the open issues, we would have been much better off today.

~S~
+1
Old 04-21-2012, 02:40 PM
Approved Member

Quote:

~S~
I'm not convinced that designing for dual-core GPUs would have avoided the mess we've currently got.