Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 07-17-2011, 12:17 AM
Approved Member

I wouldn't mind the leggs with a click on map on the leg But i'll pass on the arms unless its narrow on top of the leggs
Old 07-17-2011, 02:21 AM
Approved Member

Never seen Spit Girl, and probably never will as I only fly online, er... well, at least in IL2 '46. Offline is for testing.

And as for "transparent" pilot effects, that will indeed take more cycles, and if it's transparent, why freaking bother?

Personally speaking, the P-40 could contend on an equal footing with all the types of Messerschmitts, almost to the end of 1943.
~Nikolay Gerasimovitch Golodnikov
Old 07-17-2011, 02:35 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc_uk View Post
not true, most computers now days should be able to handle anything, apart from this, Its only this game, i no that is completly messed up...
Is true ... because Mr. ElAurens is talking about this "game" Sad ...
Old 07-17-2011, 02:55 AM
Approved Member

For me it would not add anything to my immersion in the game. What benifits would it have except for film making?

Just like pilots in the other sims that have been mentioned, it would be canned, scripted, look very tacky and unrealistic in actual game play.

Would you expect the uniform of the pilot to be changed based upon the pilot dress set up with all it's various dress options?
Old 07-17-2011, 10:43 AM
Approved Member

It would add to the Immersion though. you have all these nice dynamic shadows in the cockpit its a bit weird that the pilot is invisible/transparent. I tend to turn it on in BlackShark anyway. If I was a developer I'd go 1 step further and have the pilots head follow your camera view movements (especially for replays and such)

I guess until the major problems with CoD are fixed its all a bit mehh...
Old 07-17-2011, 12:27 PM
Ali Fish

this is the Case for a-10 anyway. the pilots head does track externally !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammi79 View Post
If I was a developer I'd go 1 step further and have the pilots head follow your camera view movements (especially for replays and such)
not having a pilot in the A-10 is one of my pet hates. sadly though its for a good reason. One day we will see the animated version using all the controls.
Old 07-17-2011, 02:01 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc_uk View Post
not true, most computers now days should be able to handle anything, apart from this, Its only this game, i no that is completly messed up...
no it wouldnt abscure the controls, because you make it transparent like the control stick in Dcs A10, because theres switches behind it if you hover your mouse over the control stick it becomes transparent
Ok, but please remember there`s hardly anything that wasn`t debated about IL2 and SOW in particular. Needless to say, we also had a discussion about this in ORR. The voices were close to equal for and against modelling the body of the pilot. Maddox logic says if the current setting doesn`t get majority against, then it stays. One of the reasons we don`t have that in CloD.
Old 07-17-2011, 02:54 PM
Approved Member

Yes, Carenado addons models for FS2004 or FSX for example. Pilot or crew are dynamic and you see the mouvement of the head as example.