Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > CoD Multiplayer

CoD Multiplayer Everything about multiplayer in IL-2 CoD

Old 03-30-2011, 09:41 AM
Approved Member

Like many others I would love to see Malta as well, not a very large map even 1:1 (50x50km probably), air starts for the attackers for quick action. Also a perfect start on a larger 300x300km Sicily & Malta map for later on, pretty please.
Old 03-30-2011, 12:56 PM
Approved Member

Serbia.

Specifically, this part of Serbia:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg H0aBo.jpg (721.7 KB, 19 views)
Old 03-30-2011, 09:27 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildwillie View Post
Well it is a bit hard for me to comment/recommend new maps because those of us in the states will not see this sim for another few weeks.

But from what we have learned on Warbirds of Prey (Spits vs 109s) that some of the larger maps are not very playable online. Maps do not need to have tons of detail, just enough to keep them visual interesting. More important is to have bases (Or the ability to add bases) on a map such as the flight times to the front lines are about 5-8 minutes. Missions built which have total flight times (takeoff to landing) for bombers of over 20 to 30 minutes are not that popular.

100km x 100km Maps might be a bit small, maybe 150km x 150km.

To start some basic English/French mainland maps, Coastal English/French Maps, and a scaled down channel map for anti-shipping missions.

Again until we (Warbirds of Prey mission builders/admins) can actually get ahold of the game and see what there is to work with it is hard to comment.

RAF238thWildWillie
Warbirds Of Prey Servers
+1

Please guys read Luthier posts, for those of us that want realism for our coops or online wars there is the main map, so you have what you want, but just because you dont like fast dogfight action small maps it doesnt mean they shouldnt be there, cause some people like that and dont want to fly 15 min to target or more, the sim is not only made for you, it is made for everybody trying to reach a large audience. Luthier asked for some ideas to make some more small maps that will apeal for ppl that wants fast action with some realism.

He also said that no new textures should be needed, so no desert and no snow.

I fly often in spit vs 109 and big maps tend to get boring with less than 35 players as wildwillie said.

I like the Dunkerque area idea.

And +100 to the guy who said Online4Summer y love that little map.

I personally like full real online wars but also fast dogfiht servers (without externals better) so i will enjoy all maps
Old 03-30-2011, 11:32 PM
Approved Member

Not much to add, I'd just like to reinforce some of the wiser answers:
Something representing Dunkerque would be nice.
Battle of France, with plenty of room for lots of ground targets.
I like the Malta idea also (but I realize this would be tough without adding objects).
Anti shipping conducive map (even a couple of islands with harbors).
Old 03-31-2011, 12:39 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [URU]AkeR View Post
+1

Please guys read Luthier posts, for those of us that want realism for our coops or online wars there is the main map, so you have what you want, but just because you dont like fast dogfight action small maps it doesnt mean they shouldnt be there, cause some people like that and dont want to fly 15 min to target or more, the sim is not only made for you, it is made for everybody trying to reach a large audience. Luthier asked for some ideas to make some more small maps that will apeal for ppl that wants fast action with some realism.

He also said that no new textures should be needed, so no desert and no snow.

I fly often in spit vs 109 and big maps tend to get boring with less than 35 players as wildwillie said.

I like the Dunkerque area idea.

And +100 to the guy who said Online4Summer y love that little map.

I personally like full real online wars but also fast dogfiht servers (without externals better) so i will enjoy all maps

Exactly. The full sized map is already there, if you really want to play multi-player on something that large then nothing is stopping you. He is just asking for options to expand the types of maps available so that everyone can play however they want!

Thanks to the devs for being so involved so quickly, btw.
Old 04-01-2011, 11:02 PM
Approved Member

Luthier,

We need a two simple maps ASAP, please:
- a simple map water only (as biggest as possible)
- a simple map water only with 4 small islands groups (each islands groups consisting of two islands, a small one with a fighter small airfield and a bigger one with a bomber airfield) on each corner, with NO towns at all on it

Those would be best for simple testing/online playing, until optimization are in the game or newer hardware is on the market.

Thank you!
Old 04-02-2011, 08:32 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by luthier View Post
Our community, being our community, was not entirely happy with this..
Hardly surprising considering the MP maps.. they are a complete joke. Just open sea would have been 10000% better.

Why not just take sections of the main map and use that? Would seem to make sense with little work.

The idea of flying a historically accurate sim over square islands or volcanoes is ridiculous, it is just bizarre.
Old 04-02-2011, 03:44 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildwillie View Post
Well it is a bit hard for me to comment/recommend new maps because those of us in the states will not see this sim for another few weeks.

But from what we have learned on Warbirds of Prey (Spits vs 109s) that some of the larger maps are not very playable online. Maps do not need to have tons of detail, just enough to keep them visual interesting. More important is to have bases (Or the ability to add bases) on a map such as the flight times to the front lines are about 5-8 minutes. Missions built which have total flight times (takeoff to landing) for bombers of over 20 to 30 minutes are not that popular.

100km x 100km Maps might be a bit small, maybe 150km x 150km.

To start some basic English/French mainland maps, Coastal English/French Maps, and a scaled down channel map for anti-shipping missions.

Again until we (Warbirds of Prey mission builders/admins) can actually get ahold of the game and see what there is to work with it is hard to comment.

RAF238thWildWillie
Warbirds Of Prey Servers
As a Warbirds of Prey mission builder for many years I concur with what Willie has said, and will add that maps that aren't historical or are too small (100 x 100 is too small) aren't going to be much use to the full-real online community. Cut down versions of the main map will be far more useful.

From the OP I understand and accept that other priorities will prevent development of new map textures for some time, but in order to sustain interest in an early war planeset we will definitely need a desert map (Eygpt/Libyan border) when the developers have time to build sand textures.
Old 04-02-2011, 04:47 PM
Approved Member

First of all, I'm echoing the idea of a Dunkirk map, and I have two idea's of my own if I may be so kind;

1) A England - North Sea - Netherlands map (roughly the area north of the current game map). This area saw extensive action from 1939 to 1945, so it could prove a worthwile project to invest your time in. For online purposes it would be great to scale this area down, by slimming down the sea between the land masses, much like IL2's Norway map.

The Air War over Holland has been researched very thorougly throughout the years and a lot of research material is easily obtained, which would certainly speed up the process. Building wise, by mixing the English, French and German building sets could provide very satisfying results.

2) An early MTO map

A map of Greece or Malta or such will be of great value breaking up the monotony of flying over the Channel

Thanks.
Old 04-02-2011, 06:25 PM
Approved Member

agreed on the water only map for testing, plus a mosty water with 4 very small bases( no trees and no buildings at all).