Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Closed Thread

Old 11-06-2010, 12:48 PM
Hecke

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
So you seriously think that whatever feature does not make it into the game is because Oleg and his team don't "want" it or are too lazy to do it? As you admit yourself, you don't have an idea about the complexity of such a project, the required work and the limitations they have to overcome.
Actually, yes, if Oleg doesn't include a feature then it's most likely because he doesn't want to waste that much time for programming it due to what he thinks bad cost-benefit-ratio.

Quote:
Originally Posted by philip.ed View Post
I had asked if it'd be 3D before. But that was a while ago
And what was the answer, if you got one?

Last edited by Hecke; 11-06-2010 at 12:51 PM.
Old 11-06-2010, 12:58 PM
Approved Member

I don't recall getting an answer. Anyway, it negates the fact that Oleg has now said they will be 3D which is awesome.
Old 11-06-2010, 01:02 PM
Hecke

Quote:
Originally Posted by philip.ed View Post
...Oleg has now said they will be 3D which is awesome.
I think it wasn't Oleg, it was a russian at the sukhoi forum.
But the translation of it imo wasn't that clear.

But 3D craters is really awesome and a huge step forward.
Old 11-06-2010, 01:35 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redwan View Post
I think that ROF does better on that point. This is also 3D grass:

You can do great 3D grass when there is no realistic damage model for the game engine to calulate...

Personally speaking, the P-40 could contend on an equal footing with all the types of Messerschmitts, almost to the end of 1943.
~Nikolay Gerasimovitch Golodnikov
Old 11-06-2010, 01:53 PM
Approved Member

I get p*ssed off when I hear people complaining about the graphics, saying they "should be better". Maybe some people should stop comparing SoW graphics with i.e Gears of War, Crysis and such. Don't you understand that those games are extremely scripted and things like A.I and DM in those games are almost non-existant. You can shoot a bad guy in those games in the head, arms, legs but that's all there is, just a few hit boxes. Sure, they can run for cover and try to flank you but even in a few games where it actually works it's nowhere near the sophistication that a flightsim requires. Even IL-2 at it's respected age still today has better A.I AND DM than most other games coming out these days.

I'm actually surprised -by the vids we've seen so far- that the game actually seems to perform so well DESPITE having all the nice bells and whistles. You want "better" graphics? buy H.A.W.X or some other Michael Bay esq. game.

P.S I like Kinder Eggs...
Old 11-06-2010, 01:57 PM
Approved Member

It's all about the gameplay and I've a feeling this game is going to do things no other sim will match for a very long time. The feedback on the screenshots has been useful for Oleg & crew I'm sure, but the big reveals start from here on out.

dduff
Old 11-06-2010, 02:03 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dduff442 View Post
It's all about the gameplay and I've a feeling this game is going to do things no other sim will match for a very long time. The feedback on the screenshots has been useful for Oleg & crew I'm sure, but the big reveals start from here on out.

dduff
+1 Feel of flight, first time I felt it was when I played the IL-2 demo all those years ago, it was so worth sitting and downloading it all night on that lousy 56k connection. Swooping down flying almost ground level, I'll never forget that.
Old 11-06-2010, 02:17 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElAurens View Post
You can do great 3D grass when there is no realistic damage model for the game engine to calulate...

What damn are you talking about? Are you joking us?

Look at the second video, 1'30'', when the SE5a pilot died. Bullets hit the fuselage and soon after the pilot, killing it. You can also see the holes. Rise of Flight's physics is wonderfull, and i really hope to have the same in the BoB.

http://riseofflight.com/Forum/viewto...p?f=49&t=14498

I'm drolling myself for the Battle of Britain, but Rise of Flight is a work of art, no more no less than a work of art. Don't touch it.

Last edited by 150GCT_Veltro; 11-06-2010 at 02:22 PM.
Old 11-06-2010, 02:35 PM
Approved Member

Do the planes still bounce off the ground when they crash?

Do they still fly in formation with wings twisted almost off or with half of one missing?

If you shoot into the floor of the cockpit from below are you now able to kill the pilot and or gunner? Or even damage the engine?

When last I flew RoF there were big problems.

*Waits for the now trite reply..."Learn to shoot!" *

Sorry don't want to turn this into a thread hijack.

*Now waits for Jason to show up as well as the rest of the rabbid dog fanbois.*

And no I 'm not going to re-install it to see how it has improved, because I don't have an extra $100 US lying around to get all the planes I would need to be competitive online.

Personally speaking, the P-40 could contend on an equal footing with all the types of Messerschmitts, almost to the end of 1943.
~Nikolay Gerasimovitch Golodnikov

Last edited by ElAurens; 11-06-2010 at 02:39 PM.
Old 11-06-2010, 02:56 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElAurens View Post
Do the planes still bounce off the ground when they crash?

Do they still fly in formation with wings twisted almost off or with half of one missing?

If you shoot into the floor of the cockpit from below are you now able to kill the pilot and or gunner? Or even damage the engine?

When last I flew RoF there were big problems.

*Waits for the now trite reply..."Learn to shoot!" *

Sorry don't want to turn this into a thread hijack.

*Now waits for Jason to show up as well as the rest of the rabbid dog fanbois.*

And no I 'm not going to re-install it to see how it has improved, because I don't have an extra $100 US lying around to get all the planes I would need to be competitive online.
When will you see something better than RoF damaged models and physics, BoB included, tell us about it. Thank.

Last edited by 150GCT_Veltro; 11-06-2010 at 02:58 PM.
Closed Thread