PDA

View Full Version : achievement wishlist

guiltyspark
06-25-2009, 03:09 AM
Ace of aces

Achieve 353 aerial victories online (shoot down 353 planes)

OntheCrab
06-25-2009, 03:42 AM
haha nice one

hmmm...

'Mr. Glass"

Shoot the pilot of an He-111

Marchochias
06-25-2009, 04:03 AM
Who was the ace who had 353 air victories? I know there were several German aces who had over 300 victories, but I can't remember who had 353.

Now the achievement should be for the most hardcore, get 353 air victories in multiplayer against other people without ever getting shot down once. THEN it would be like the real ace haha.

guiltyspark
06-25-2009, 04:30 AM
Who was the ace who had 353 air victories? I know there were several German aces who had over 300 victories, but I can't remember who had 353.

Now the achievement should be for the most hardcore, get 353 air victories in multiplayer against other people without ever getting shot down once. THEN it would be like the real ace haha.

http://www.ww2aircraft.net/forum/album/data/602/35d1d9715626922a4e9c7e16086cf7d2.jpg

eric hartmann

SeaCat
06-25-2009, 06:25 AM
Yeah, Hartmann had 352, 353 would put you above him, making you the ace of aces. :)

Marchochias
06-25-2009, 06:36 AM
Only if you do it without getting shot down haha.

Riceball
06-25-2009, 06:40 AM
That is, if you believe he actually had anywhere near that many victories. I'm sure we all know the German air forces in WW2 were notorious for stretching the truth. Even more so once the Allies turned the tide.

Did he fly in WW1 as well? It would be more believable then.

Marchochias
06-25-2009, 06:42 AM
That is, if you believe he actually had anywhere near that many victories. I'm sure we all know the German air forces in WW2 were notorious for stretching the truth. Even more so once the Allies turned the tide.

Did he fly in WW1 as well? It would be more believable then.

ALL air forces are notorious for stretching the truth haha. That's why they had such stringent requirements on confirmed kills: several other pilots usually had to confirm them, I believe.

It was counted only as a "probable" or something less than a kill if you were the only pilot to have seen it.

And exaggeration or not, the Germans did have far, far more high scoring aces than the western or eastern allies.

Riceball
06-25-2009, 06:47 AM
All it took was one other person for confrimation.

It's true most all pilots told a few lies here and there, but that was only to inflate their personal records. The German government did it as a form of propaganda.

SeaCat
06-25-2009, 07:23 AM
People have tried to debunk his victory count, but Russian losses match up to his aerial victories. From what I've read, Luftwaffe records are substantially more accurate than British and American victory counts. Hartmann also wasn't a dogfighter, he'd sneak in until he was about 50-100 feet behind the other aircraft and blast them down. He had strict rules of engagement to maximize the effect of his surprise attacks. In a dogfight, more often than not one aircraft or the other would break off from the engagement, and I can imagine it's hard to rack up a high kill count when you've only done a bit of damage to the other aircraft. He had a great tactical sense, and it wasn't like he was shooting down a bunch of rookies, either. The Russian pilots towards the end of the war were very well trained, more so than what the Luftwaffe was cranking out at the same period (new German pilots had as little as 30 hours before jumping into combat in 1945). All in all, I think we can at least agree he was highly-skilled at what he did.

Marchochias
06-25-2009, 07:42 AM
Yeah, you can doubt the accuracy of the grand total, but there can be no doubt he shot down hundreds of enemy aircraft and was an extremely skilled aviator.

"Propaganda" alone doesn't explain why the Germans had dozens of aces with over a hundred kills when the best Western allied one was around 40 I believe. German pilots had more opportunities, especially against basically obsolete French, Polish and some early level Soviet aircraft.

xNikex
06-25-2009, 04:12 PM
Achievment: "Eye for an eye" when the same guy that shot you down runs into your parachute killing both of you.:-P

philip.ed
06-25-2009, 04:55 PM
Your all forgetting that German pilots included, in all their kills, every battle period they ever fought in. For instance, British pilots in ww2 had their kills from the Battle of France (if they fought) as a seperate tally. So a pilot could achieve acedom in the BoF and then start afresh for the BoB.
For luftwaffe pilots, they inlcuded every war etc they fought in. Some pilots fought in the Spanish Civil war, so that was included in their tally ;)

xNikex
06-25-2009, 07:12 PM
Your all forgetting that German pilots included, in all their kills, every battle period they ever fought in. For instance, British pilots in ww2 had their kills from the Battle of France (if they fought) as a seperate tally. So a pilot could achieve acedom in the BoF and then start afresh for the BoB.
For luftwaffe pilots, they inlcuded every war etc they fought in. Some pilots fought in the Spanish Civil war, so that was included in their tally ;)

Yep. The Spanish Civil war is the war they tested Blitzkreig on, plus BoB which was an all air battle, and all of the invasions.

philip.ed
06-25-2009, 07:57 PM
Yep. The Spanish Civil war is the war they tested Blitzkreig on, plus BoB which was an all air battle, and all of the invasions.

Yep, so in this sense-the Germans were in the best position combat wise to rack up their kill streaks :grin: They were on the offensive, and then the defensive, throughout ww2 and were the aggresors in the SC war. Plus, aerial wise they were fighting a war of attrition after they lost the BoB in the western front so they were heavily involved in conbat.
I haven't even included battles in the East and in Africa and Malta ;)

Marchochias
06-25-2009, 10:17 PM
That's why I said they had the most opportunity for kills. All of the German aces who had over 200 and 300 kills were primarily on the Eastern front vs the Soviet Union. The highest scoring ace vs the Western Allies was Marseille with 158, he was part of the Afrika Korps.

Then again, being forced to fly over and over can also stress and exhaust pilots, which would make it harder for them to get kills, not easier.

Tomo
06-25-2009, 10:31 PM
Achievment: "Eye for an eye" when the same guy that shot you down runs into your parachute killing both of you.:-P

I'm pretty sure you can't run into parachutes in BoP.. :(

Riceball
06-25-2009, 11:55 PM
One more quick thing I forgot was the fact that German pilots had no maximum number of missions or tours of duty. They basically flew until they died. While the Allies did'nt want to lose their best pilots for fear that moral may drop. So I can see how they would have so many flyers with hundreds of victories.

Anyway, sorry to the TC. We kind of hyjacked your topic.

xNikex
06-25-2009, 11:58 PM
I'm pretty sure you can't run into parachutes in BoP.. :(

Well they only said you can't shoot them down, but we'll see. I bet there will be a ton of noobs (or those from the original that are unaware of this) that will try to do so and get themselves killed.:-P

But I don't intend to be shot down anyway.:)

Spitfire23
06-27-2009, 07:15 AM
I bet there will be a ton of noobs (or those from the original that are unaware of this) that will try to do so and get themselves killed.:-P

HaHa yes! just what i was thinking.

How about "Death From Above" - "In multiplayer, Take an enemy down with a direct hit from a Bomb"

haitch40
06-27-2009, 06:03 PM
HaHa yes! just what i was thinking.

How about "Death From Above" - "In multiplayer, Take an enemy down with a direct hit from a Bomb"

wildlife killer shoot 500 animals

Spitfire23
06-27-2009, 06:07 PM
wildlife killer shoot 500 animals

lol:grin: Will there be animals? i havent heard of anything on that

philip.ed
06-27-2009, 06:09 PM
OK, like in CoD4, how about car bomb: destroy an enemy aircraft at an airfield by strafing a parked fuel truck ;)

Roadie
06-27-2009, 06:53 PM
I think, you can only fly the aircrafts, but don't walk or drive on the earth. I think, this would be too enough.

philip.ed
06-27-2009, 07:04 PM
I think, you can only fly the aircrafts, but don't walk or drive on the earth. I think, this would be too enough.

No, I meant you are still flying, but you strafe the enemy airfield; hence causing a fuel truck to explode which in turn blows up an enemy aircraft. Car bomb! :grin:

The_Goalie_94
06-27-2009, 11:38 PM
One in a million

shoot down a plane with a free fall bomb.

The_Goalie_94
06-27-2009, 11:39 PM
Damn, spitfire beat me to it.

jt_medina
06-28-2009, 01:41 AM
One in a million

shoot down a plane with a free fall bomb.

I watched in a documentary that some B-17s shot down others B-17s when they released their payload. The bomb impacted to the bomber just below it. It happed because B-17s used to fly in very tightened formations when bombing a target.

But obviously in a dogfight and on purpose, I see it almost impossible... Unless you drop over your enemy a nuclear bomb... Sorry just a very bad joke. :)

The_Goalie_94
06-28-2009, 03:14 AM
:P

BadKarmaSutra96
06-28-2009, 04:15 AM
Top Gun: Fly at top speed past your base's control tower within 1 meter without crashing. (5 pts)

xNikex
06-28-2009, 05:31 AM
Top Gun: Fly at top speed past your base's control tower within 1 meter without crashing. (5 pts)

Achievement: Fly inverted to your enemy and flip him off. lol:)

I got a good one. Shoot down an enemy plane with your engines either turned off or dead. Just like Robin Olds, who is the only pilot in history to do so since he accidentally forgot to switch to his internal fuel after dropping his fuel tanks.

Spitfire23
06-28-2009, 06:30 AM
Achievement:I got a good one. Shoot down an enemy plane with your engines either turned off or dead. Just like Robin Olds, who is the only pilot in history to do so since he accidentally forgot to switch to his internal fuel after dropping his fuel tanks.

Yeah, i like it

Robin Olds, now thats one Ace that could wear a moustache :cool:

haitch40
06-28-2009, 10:29 AM

I got a good one. Shoot down an enemy plane with your engines either turned off or dead. Just like Robin Olds, who is the only pilot in history to do so since he accidentally forgot to switch to his internal fuel after dropping his fuel tanks.

yeh he was good
how about this 1
flaming suits - bomb a place of importance such as the reichstag if i spelt it right my german is terrible lol or the houses of parliament or even buckingham palace
or rich to broke in 10 seconds - destroy a mansion

Spitfire23
06-28-2009, 10:33 AM
yeh he was good
how about this 1
flaming suits - bomb a place of importance such as the reichstag if i spelt it right my german is terrible lol or the houses of parliament or even buckingham palace
or rich to broke in 10 seconds - destroy a mansion

You know what, i really quite like those ideas

jt_medina
06-28-2009, 01:46 PM
Sometimes the most unbelievable things can happen.

There was a Russian tactic called TARAN or RAM for the western. When the Russian pilot exhausted his ammunition he could hit the enemy airplane by using the propeller of his airplane.

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,893297,00.html?promoid=googlep

You can even do this in IL2.

haitch40
06-28-2009, 01:55 PM

There was a Russian tactic called TARAN or RAM for the western. When the Russian pilot exhausted his ammunition he could hit the enemy airplane by using the propeller of his airplane.

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,893297,00.html?promoid=googlep

You can even do this in IL2.

the germans did this to american bombers for 1 day using lightened bf109s it failed and german high command never tried it again

Spitfire23
06-28-2009, 02:02 PM

Wow didnt know that, i guess you learn somthing everyday

jt_medina
06-28-2009, 02:04 PM
It had to be a difficult and dangerous tactic. I tried it in the IL2 simulator and it´s really difficult and risky.

Spitfire23
06-28-2009, 02:11 PM
It had to be a difficult and dangerous tactic. I tried it in the IL2 simulator and it´s really difficult and risky.

Agreed, it certainly would take a very skilled pilot to pull that off,

Its a fairly stupid tactic aswell (Obviously) i mean whats stopping a piece of the prop coming through the canopy?

xNikex
06-28-2009, 07:28 PM
Agreed, it certainly would take a very skilled pilot to pull that off,

Its a fairly stupid tactic aswell (Obviously) i mean whats stopping a piece of the prop coming through the canopy?

Actually, they weren't skilled at all. Like the kamakazis, they were tricked into volunteering for it. it was called the Sonderkommando Elbe.

It was also featured on Dogfights. You can search the full 2hour special on Youtube since the author disabled the links.

HauptmannMolders
06-29-2009, 12:43 AM
Just reading the earlier posts here I'dlike to add that the germans had the most strict rules to confirm kills of all the major parties in the war and it is in fact more likely that he shot down even more. This does not mean he was that much better than any allied/russian pilot but he was an incredible talent and he had ALOT more opportunity to rack up kills. Goring himself sent people to the Eastern Front to monitor kills because he didin't believe it. The Luftwaffe believed very much in a leader and a wingman, in fact it was always the squadron leaders racking up the kills while their wingmen watched their backs. It created some definite animosity among some lower ranked pilots and in some cases was a very risky practice for other reasons. When Joachim Marseille was killed his unit basically fell apart temporarily as they lost their very soul in many ways. Ironically the wingmen would usually get their chance to be promoted when the leaders were killed. Perhaps though the single most important fact was that the pilots did not do tours they fought until the were killed, captured or injured beyond recovery. They got leave but always had to come back. Its all about experience and opportunity, and they more of both then their enemies.

I really like the idea of a reward for a kill while your engine is off. I believe it was Bud Anderson though not Robin Olds that did this in a P-51.

What about "Collateral Damage" where an enemy you've shot down collides with another enemy on his way down.

Spitfire23
06-29-2009, 01:49 AM
Actually, they weren't skilled at all. Like the kamakazis, they were tricked into volunteering for it. it was called the Sonderkommando Elbe.

It was also featured on Dogfights. You can search the full 2hour special on Youtube since the author disabled the links.

Oh i see, thanks for the heads up, will certainly check that out. Thanks

jt_medina
06-29-2009, 12:07 PM
I recommend people to watch those documentaries.
History Channel - Dogfights (season 1 and 2)
http://www.history.com/content/dogfights/about-the-series

By watching those documentaries I realized that IL2 is somehow very realistic in terms of the tactics and maneuvers that you can use.

haitch40
06-29-2009, 05:00 PM

no they weren't

haitch40
06-29-2009, 05:08 PM
how about this for a reward
hero to zero
recreate Butch-o-hare become a top ace and get killed by a bomber behind you sad story but how can u let a bomber be on ur 6oclock?

Spitfire23
06-29-2009, 05:20 PM
how about this for a reward
hero to zero
recreate Butch-o-hare become a top ace and get killed by a bomber behind you sad story but how can u let a bomber be on ur 6oclock?

i like it, would be a somewhat nice tribute

I guess you could fly your plane infront and wait to get shot down

haitch40
06-29-2009, 05:33 PM
i like it, would be a somewhat nice tribute

I guess you could fly your plane infront and wait to get shot down

i supose it was the us navy's first night mission but he had radar suport from a TBF Avenger and no1 else on that flight died

Spitfire23
06-29-2009, 05:44 PM
i supose it was the us navy's first night mission but he had radar suport from a TBF Avenger and no1 else on that flight died

oh, didnt know about the avenger

Saying that how did he manage to get shot down

Wasnt it a G4M Betty that shot him down?

Oh and heres an interesting fact- O-Hare's dad knew Al Capone

haitch40
06-29-2009, 05:48 PM
oh, didnt know about the avenger

Saying that how did he manage to get shot down

Wasnt it a G4M Betty that shot him down?

Oh and heres an interesting fact- O-Hare's dad knew Al Capone

yes it was a betty officially known to the japs as G4M Hamaki in my opinion it was the worst heavy bomber in the war

Spitfire23
06-29-2009, 05:53 PM
yes it was a betty officially known to the japs as G4M Hamaki in my opinion it was the worst heavy bomber in the war

HaHa Yes, it wasnt the best thats for sure

haitch40
06-29-2009, 05:56 PM
HaHa Yes, it wasnt the best thats for sure

also how about a stupidity prize
that goes to the japs at midway if u want to know more tell me and il start a new thread

Spitfire23
06-29-2009, 06:01 PM
also how about a stupidity prize
that goes to the japs at midway if u want to know more tell me and il start a new thread

Yes they definately deserve first place for that and Yeah Im always willing to learn more

Im off here for abit now but will be on later tonight

The Few
07-01-2009, 05:54 AM
Trading Paint: Take down an enemy with propeller.

trk29
07-01-2009, 05:56 AM

Nice.

trk29
07-01-2009, 05:57 AM
Hello there or Paloriod from Top Gun : Flying inverted within one meter of enemies canopy

The Few
07-01-2009, 05:59 AM
Nice.

I was also considering calling it the Rowdy Gains or Rubbin is Racing for the Days of Thunder fans out there but figured they might be a little to obscure.

trk29
07-01-2009, 06:21 AM

Woops I just typed this achievement up before I saw yours.

trk29
07-01-2009, 06:26 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVZ3N8rrCfk

Spitfire23
07-01-2009, 10:02 PM

Yeah Great

That sure would take some skill, imagine trying to pull that off in multiplayer

xNikex
07-02-2009, 12:02 AM
Woops I just typed this achievement up before I saw yours.

Lol, that's okay.

Multiplayer Achievement: Pancake - When you do a Split S to get away from somebady, they follow you, you pull up in time, and the other guy strikes the ground and explodes.:)

Spitfire23
07-02-2009, 10:56 AM
Multiplayer Achievement: Pancake - When you do a Split S to get away from somebady, they follow you, you pull up in time, and the other guy strikes the ground and explodes.:)

Nice Idea!

i do love it when that happens