PDA

View Full Version : English Translation mod for the impatient

garzahd
06-14-2009, 01:27 AM
I recently got a copy of the Russian version of KB:AP, but my Russian skills are pretty negligible. However, after glancing at the files included, many of them are named similarly to the files in KB:TL.

After about 12 hours of work mucking around with Google Translator, the modding forum, and a bit of homebrew Java code, I've made a workable translation mod.

Here's the link:

http://rapidshare.com/files/244267391/loc_ses.kfs

Install it in the /sessions/addon/ directory, replacing the one already there. (And back up your old file, for the love of all that's holy!)

A couple disclaimers:
- This is a Google Translator job, so the quality of the English grammar is pretty bad. (But it's fine for understanding the plot, at least.) I do not intend any harm toward the fine work 1C will eventually do on the "real" English version.
- Many aspects of the combat engine have been translated by copying the ability text from KB:TL rather than accepting Google's version. I may have screwed up in this and squelched something that should have remained untouched; several old abilities do not work precisely as you remember them. (For instance, scouting in the Mind tree now also boost Int. The mage multicast spell now only works when the first spell cast that turn was sufficiently cheap. Holy damage now hits demons harder as well as undead. Lots of stuff has changed.)
- I have not played the game all the way through, or even close. I believe that the translation mod will endure all the way through, but Murphy's Law has a funny way of sneaking up on you. You may find some unexpected behavior.
- This mod was only tested on v1.0, not with v1.1.

travelingoz
06-14-2009, 03:26 PM
Thanx dude! I'll check it out and let you know how it goes.

CyberGuy
06-15-2009, 06:32 PM
Thank you very much. I will give it a try. I am one of the impatient one.

CyberGuy
06-15-2009, 06:43 PM
After about 12 hours of work mucking around with Google Translator, the modding forum, and a bit of homebrew Java code, I've made a workable translation mod.

Wow, only 12 hours and you already did a decent job....by just one person. Now I wonder why it is taking the game developers so long to get it done. I know that the 12-hour job is not very detail and as accurrate as when the final version that is fully translated but "relatively" speaking, the game should be translated in at most 2 months time.

Metroplex
06-15-2009, 08:24 PM
I agree with CyberGuy, why is it taking too long!!!:evil:
Looks to me like some marketing ploy to increase sales by making the final product desirable by delay...

travelingoz
06-15-2009, 08:28 PM
Works great! Thank you very much! I can also confirm it works with Patch 1.1.

Mandea
06-16-2009, 05:55 AM
It takes so long because they are translating it simultaneously in many languages. english is but one of those languages.
anyways, thanks for the mod, unfortunately I decided to wait for the final game, maybe they add something new.

Metroplex
06-16-2009, 08:57 AM
DOH! I deleted the Russian Demo because I couldn't complete any of the quests! TOMA MAI! (Vietnamese people say this a lot...) I don't want to re-download it again as it took me nearly 2 hours to do so last time, so I will wait for the proper demo, at least that will make it bearable until the full game is released.

Zhuangzi
09-26-2009, 11:49 PM
Hah! I started playing with this mod and it works pretty well. The translations are a bit loopy, but it adds to the charm, IMO.

When a unit avoids a melee attack, in the Russian version it says something that looks like NOMAX. In this translation, it says BONER! :grin:

Having great fun with this regardless.

Elwin
09-27-2009, 09:02 AM
i am not that desperate to play it xD will wait for official

BB Shockwave
09-29-2009, 01:26 PM
Will this work with the Demo? If so I will run and play it again today... :) You are a lifesaver!

BB Shockwave
09-29-2009, 05:41 PM
I re-installed the demo and it doesn't even has a "sessions" directory... So? Did this work for anyone?

zioniz1
10-11-2009, 09:23 AM
ehh the demo is just what it is a demo there for only give a few of the files not the entire index maybe 3 of the main files but thats all

now on another note im assuming im going to have to look at russian for the next 20 minutes while it installs but thanks mate for this i hope it works out for me

Direwolf
10-16-2009, 02:08 PM
Hi All,

The translation does work on the demo and while it's not perfect it definitely makes it playable as you can understand the quests.

cheers,
DW

gewibe
10-17-2009, 03:45 AM
help! downloaded Russian demo and your kfs file but cannot find the directory to load into. Tried searching for existing kfs but no luck.

travelingoz
10-18-2009, 06:59 AM
c:programfiles\1c\armouredprincess\sessions\addon

jasonm6565
02-20-2010, 07:41 PM
Hello i just downloaded this english mod my only problem is where do i install this? which directory could someone please explain more thanx all i see in that directory is bin, common, data, gameworld, jvm,. trucks, n dll files

adecoy95
02-20-2010, 10:46 PM
its not necessary, a english version has been released

frank5031
03-25-2010, 10:59 AM
Hello i just downloaded this english mod my only problem is where do i install this? which directory could someone please explain more thanx all i see in that directory is bin, common, data, gameworld, jvm,. trucks, n dll files

same here

N3MES1S
03-26-2010, 12:41 PM
Y u guys need the translation mod?? as far as i know, the demo and the game are in pure english..

Tris
04-20-2010, 02:53 PM
I cant find the sessions/addon/ either - so where do I put the file?