PDA

View Full Version : Any definitive release date?

Metroplex
06-10-2009, 06:57 AM
I know the game is scheduled for Q3 (July/August/September) release, yet it would be nice to know a definitive date so that I can mark it on my calendar and count the days until I get my hands on it, most games like Bioshock 2 already have a release date, why does it take so long to translate it, with computers doing a rough translation and humans the final one it couldn't take that long would it? The waiting is too much to bear!:)

Metathron
06-14-2009, 10:42 AM
I would also like to know.

Mandea
06-17-2009, 06:17 AM
what are those? another troll?

Nike-it
06-17-2009, 08:07 AM
The exact date is not specified, only Q3 2009.

Elwin
06-19-2009, 11:36 AM
I have just noticed that on 1C page release date is now Q4, any official info or reason for that ?

Nokturnal
06-30-2009, 06:24 AM
Elwin - Because it's taking longer than anticipated...?

Why do people insist on rushing the translations?
The result of a fast translation, whether it be movies or games, is often poor..Words are skipped and some words thrown in where they don't belong....
Imagine trying to play the game with the text only partially (or lazily) translated..Alot of the story would be missing, and maybe even necessary information to complete missions would go unknown.

In short, there's no point rushing them unless you want to play an un-finished translation..So just have some patience and watch the forums for news & updates like the rest of us.

Elwin
06-30-2009, 09:20 AM
Easy man, i only asked for official info about delay, in no caste i hasted them to release game faster ... No idea how you could take my post as rushing for release ....

As you wrote:
"So just have some patience and watch the forums for news & updates " - i just wanted such info since release date on 1C changed and there was not any news about that

Zhuangzi
06-30-2009, 11:59 AM
The gamespot preview says that 'the game will ship this Christmas.'

http://au.gamespot.com/news/blogs/preview-blog/909185203/26939077/1c-previews-many-pc-and-console-games-from-russia.html?om_act=convert&om_clk=picks&tag=picks;title;4

Hopefully it will be on Gamersgate long before that? I am hoping for a September release, which would make it exactly a year since KB:TL. :cool:

travelingoz
06-30-2009, 12:53 PM
Whoa Notnormal, are you 1C's new PR man???

Firstly, the result of a fast translation is a fast translation! This should not be confused with the results of a poor translation which usually occurs when something is released without being first proof read by a native speaker of the designated language! (Ask anyone about the "English" signs in China, Japan, Taiwan, etc.)

Secondly, what's to translate????? It's hardly the first ever translation of War And Peace into English we're talking about here! Most of the stuff should already be there from KB:TL. All that needs to be done is to translate the relatively few new things. You know really tricky stuff that takes years to learn like character names and princess for gods sake!
In actual fact, the mod Garzhad posted earlier works quite well and was done with the google translator! Admittedly you lose a little of the cutting humour but i dont see anything there that a competent native speaker of English couldn't sort out in a short meeting with the devs and a couple of hours typing.

The only valid reason for the delay that i can think of is that they dont want to be bothered with making patches in several languages and so are waiting until most of the bugs are known. Either that or it's just pure revenge for western companies taking so long to release (if at all) Russian versions of their games!

IMHO you are way out of line using such a condescending/sarcastic tone with Elwin who has contributed masses of positive stuff to these forums!

Mandea
06-30-2009, 01:12 PM
They will release the game simultaneously in many different laguages, so...go figure. it takes some time.

Nike-it
06-30-2009, 01:16 PM
Mandea is absolutely right, the game is translated not only to English, but also to french, German, Italian, Spanish and etc. And as there are a lot of dialogs the work can't be done very fast.

travelingoz
06-30-2009, 01:26 PM
Sorry Nike-it and Mandea, but i have to disagree. Having lived in Taiwan for 10 years and being a reasonably fluent speaker of Chinese, I have done a fair amount of translating and proof reading over that time. Speaking from a translation perspective, there's not much more than about 1000 words different from KB:TL and this would take any competent translator far less than a week to accomplish.

So.......

Mandea
06-30-2009, 01:33 PM
I have to disagree. things aren't as easy as they seem. they have no reason to further delay the game. I don't know if there are only 1000 words, and neither do you (for sure). and besides we don't know how many languages the game will be translated to.

well, you can further disagree, but the only thing that matters is the moment we will get the game. ant it's not too soon, no matter the reasons.

travelingoz
06-30-2009, 01:47 PM
Mandea, unless they only have one person doing all the translations (that would be some linguistic feat!), there is no reason for this to take longer than a week.

There are more than 1000 words but defintely no more than 1000 new words in the new release.

Make whatever excuses you like to keep yourself happy...

Nike-it
06-30-2009, 01:49 PM
Mandea, unless they only have one person doing all the translations (that would be some linguistic feat!), there is no reason for this to take longer than a week.

There are more than 1000 words but defintely no more than 1000 new words in the new release.

Make whatever excuses you like to keep yourself happy...

There are much more then 1000 words, that's for sure
And remember, that the text in KB contains a lot of gags and other hard to translate things. And if you do translations, you should know that simple translation of separate words won't make good sentences;) The work is really hard.

Mandea
06-30-2009, 01:51 PM
I'm not happy, but I don't like accusing without proof.
I played KB for 9 times, so I have high expectations from this game. better latter than never :D

It's pretty obvious you like arguing. not with me, please.

travelingoz
06-30-2009, 02:03 PM
Mandea i am not trying to be argumentitive with you. I am simply pointing out as someone who has done translation work before and continues to do so that it shouldn't take a competent translator more than a week to translate the new words from KB:AP.
I also played KB:TL many times and i have been playing KB:AP (Full Version) for over a month now.
These are facts no accusations there.
As to the reasons why 1C are delaying the release.... the only logical one i can come up with is that it would be quite time-consuming and expensive to patch the game in multiple languages so they are delaying the release so they wont have to do that. This is also not an accusation. It's speculation.

Mandea
06-30-2009, 02:10 PM
The translation is only a possible reason for delay, there may be many others, but I'm not aware so I tried avoiding talking about them. We should take into consideration the fact that they need money (now more then ever), so I don't think they would delay the game should it not be for serious reasons.

and as far as I know, the translation is not an official excuse. anyway, you can play it as you already said, so what is the problem?

travelingoz
06-30-2009, 02:27 PM
Well i think they should let us fans know what the "serious" problems are if there are any. NOT give us this rubbish about translations!

And yes Nike-it, good translations are more than just substituting words. But they still don't take months for a few pages of text!

Elwin
06-30-2009, 03:38 PM
Well translating isnt so simple especialy if they come from diffrent family of languages ... like slovian -> german/english. Also we have idioms which in different languages are completly different .Same for gauges - some are funny in language A but in language B they dont.

Elwin
07-16-2009, 11:09 PM
Something came on my mind, no i will not ask when game will be realesed xD

Nike-it, u have said that u plan to release mulitilingual version, does it include polish version or its independent ?? (as usual)

Nike-it
07-17-2009, 07:11 AM
Something came on my mind, no i will not ask when game will be realesed xD

Nike-it, u have said that u plan to release mulitilingual version, does it include polish version or its independent ?? (as usual)

I think it will be released separately by Cenega Poland.

Nitelite
07-18-2009, 07:30 AM
If there is an official reason why AP is taking forever, it definitely isn't because of translation. I'm sorry, but translating isn't that time-consuming a job. We are not talking encyclopedias here.

I am curious why they would not release an English version first as I am sure that will outsell however many units they sell in Russia.

I liked KB a lot. Enough that I will wait for AP and purchase it when it is released. But I honestly don't have a lot of faith in this company. The lack of hype and communication to the fanbase is extremely standoffish and out of place for a title of this sort.

DGDobrev
07-18-2009, 04:00 PM
In my eyes, they're still working out the bugs in the Russian version. There are some present, and patches are coming out at a regular basis.

I think that 1C just wants to provide the best product possible for the English version. It should be virtually bug-free, since most of them were already eliminated.

Amidamaru86
07-19-2009, 01:27 PM
Elwin - Because it's taking longer than anticipated...?

Why do people insist on rushing the translations?
The result of a fast translation, whether it be movies or games, is often poor..Words are skipped and some words thrown in where they don't belong....
Imagine trying to play the game with the text only partially (or lazily) translated..Alot of the story would be missing, and maybe even necessary information to complete missions would go unknown.

In short, there's no point rushing them unless you want to play an un-finished translation..So just have some patience and watch the forums for news & updates like the rest of us.

Nokturnal, you are wrong. I am a translator by trade, have 2 years of experience (not much but at least something), I do not know how translation from a Russian into English looks like, but it has to be harder then for instance German/French -> English etc. (Russian is a Slavic language, English is Germanic, not to mention different alphabet and different syntax).

But 1) the number of pages to translate ain't that big, from KB: Legend I would say max 200 pages.

2) The time needed for a translation is usually defined by the language used (hidden meanings, vocabulary), games usually do not have hidden meanings, and they are rather straightforward (for instance, Sir William of Greyberg asked you to kill seven fire imps in the Forest of Death), games use a rather simple language, so everyone can understand them.

3) Problems with translation in games occur when you have to translate voice (as for texts which are read to you in game), you have to have a good speaker of English, bigger trouble occur if you want to translate songs/music etc; in KB: The Legend you did the reading mostely, the introduction and the ending was read to us only, if I remember correctly.

4) There is a point into rushing a translation = gamers - Starcraft 2 and other games will come out soon taking the gamers away.

5) What I can say, is that on a gaming site which I check every now and then, It says that the English premiere will be in August; is it true - I don't know.

Nokturnal
07-20-2009, 12:55 AM
Amidamaru86 - You have some good points, and i never actually said it was hard (or easy) to translate from any language to another..So i'm not sure why you were defending translators :P

But you did fail to address the major factor...1c has other projects...They are not only working on one game..Check the list of upcoming games, they are translating multiple games at once..
We don't know how many people are working on each, or maybe they are only working on one at a time..or maybe they only have the 1 poor guy working on all..So you can't exactly say they aren't doing anything when you simply do not know the facts..

Now as for the assumption that Starcraft 2 will take gamers away from this...I highly doubt that will occur :P
The games are nothing alike..It's not as if it's the same genre or even setting, both games will be played by the people who want to play them both - An early release date won't change that (unless the player is short on money..)...Besides, SC2 won't be out till 2010 anyway ;)

Zhuangzi
07-20-2009, 03:18 PM
I downloaded KB:TL from Gamersgate on Sep 23 2008, and I think it will be one year from then when I play the expansion.

Sep 23 2009 it is, then. :-P

Mandea
07-22-2009, 07:03 AM
Gamespot has a 29 september release date for this game. It was 23 september previously to 29 september.

aaaaa
07-27-2009, 04:52 AM
Gamespot has a 29 september release date for this game. It was 23 september previously to 29 september.

If the date is correct, the publisher must hurry. Only two months left until the release date but I haven't saw any marketing effort or game talks on the net. This is bad omen.

Two of the most fatal mistake in releasing old KB:TL was lack of decent marketing effort and good English translation it deserved. Marketing by Atari had much thing to be desired. That was lukewarm at best. The translation was not done by the English natives, let alone professional translator. If it was translated in better English, advertised properly in magazine and game web sites and distributed more widely to retail stores, it would have made into top ten world best seller game list of last year.

Don't repeat the mistakes. Do not publish this game internationally via Atari. They failed to do marketing the KB:TL as it deserved.
Advertise it early if not widely. Release news about it frequently on the game site. Tease the gamer. Announce even *BAD* news. Exposure is everything. Let them KNOW this good game. Don't waste this good money-making opportunity with poor marketing and translation.

CyberGuy
07-27-2009, 06:43 PM
If the date is correct, the publisher must hurry. Only two months left until the release date but I haven't saw any marketing effort or game talks on the net. This is bad omen.

Two of the most fatal mistake in releasing old KB:TL was lack of decent marketing effort and good English translation it deserved. Marketing by Atari had much thing to be desired. That was lukewarm at best. The translation was not done by the English natives, let alone professional translator. If it was translated in better English, advertised properly in magazine and game web sites and distributed more widely to retail stores, it would have made into top ten world best seller game list of last year.

Don't repeat the mistakes. Do not publish this game internationally via Atari. They failed to do marketing the KB:TL as it deserved.
Advertise it early if not widely. Release news about it frequently on the game site. Tease the gamer. Announce even *BAD* news. Exposure is everything. Let them KNOW this good game. Don't waste this good money-making opportunity with poor marketing and translation.

Yeah, they should advertise it at Ign.com or Gamespot.com. I already see some news on the upcoming Disciples 3. Even Disciples 3 has exposure and it will be out later than King's Bounty: AP.

Anatoly
07-28-2009, 06:27 AM
We don't have a fixed release date for Armored Princess but aiming at autumn. Will keep you updated.
BTW we are planning to show the game at the upcoming GamesCom in Cologne and welcome everyome to come see this game as well as the others.

CyberGuy
08-08-2009, 06:10 PM
We don't have a fixed release date for Armored Princess but aiming at autumn. Will keep you updated.
BTW we are planning to show the game at the upcoming GamesCom in Cologne and welcome everyome to come see this game as well as the others.

Hopefully you can tell us what month in Autumn/Fall.

Metathron
08-09-2009, 02:13 PM
Well, August is here, I hope we have an actual release date soon.

Elwin
08-09-2009, 05:07 PM
autumn not august :> and autumn end in december actually ^^

CyberGuy
08-11-2009, 07:02 PM
Well, in North America, Autumn can be:

Summer June 20 - Sept 19.
Autumn, Sept 20 - Dec 19
Winter , Dec 20 - Mar 19
Spring Mar 20 - June 19.

----------------

However, according to wiki.answers.com, Autumn can even be March-May...so maybe March-May 2010....YIKES!!!!!

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Which_months_are_in_Autumn

Elwin
08-11-2009, 07:04 PM
It can be but in southern part of the globe .. and 1c are russians so means northern :> and i am surprised someone needs too look on wiki to know that lol

fld88
08-26-2009, 12:27 PM
I'm thankful the game will not be released until it is solid but I'm worried that it getting too close to the release of Dragon Age.

wolfing
08-27-2009, 04:59 PM

Isn't Turbine suing Atari for its (lack of) advertising and marketing for their Dungeons & Dragons Online? Looks to me that Atari doesn't really do a good marketing job.

LupineDream
08-28-2009, 01:03 AM
I say: Do it like Blizzard does.

From experience I, and others, know that "It's finished when it's finished, we never promised to make the deadline" and while I don't say that it's 'okay' to postpone a date with 6-24 months a la Blizzard, take it easy and do this properly.

Even non-native english-speakers can do a very good job translating to english - or look over how someone else has translated (looking at grammar and all that).. I know some pretty horrible translations, or even just subbing, done by native english-speakers.

If anyone ever wants anything to be looked over (though I don't speak russian if that's the language to translate from, I'd be willing to look over grammar and wording) I'm willing to do it for free.. xD.. I'm not a professional, won't be in a few years, and thus can't promise a perfect job - but I'm willing.

Now that I've pimped myself a bit, this game looks just as awesome as KB:TL from what I've seen this far.. xD..

I'm a nobody, so if you've got professional translators who speak and write english well, nevermind me xD..
.. awkward. I'm still posting this.

Best wishes.

Starcraft 2 and other games will come out soon taking the gamers away.

I don't know your definition of soon, but we're "hoping" for January on SC2.. *glances upwards*.. a la Blizzard.

Mandea
08-28-2009, 10:56 AM
gamespot has now a 27 december release date. this is completely unacceptable for a translation, no matter how manny languages the game is translated in.

they should give us a longer and better game at least.

2late
08-29-2009, 03:36 PM
gamespot has now a 27 december release date. this is completely unacceptable for a translation, no matter how manny languages the game is translated in.

+1 to what he said

Besides, the month of december and especially the ladder part of it is the worst possible time for anyone to launch a game, especially when it's an under-the-radar game coming from a small developer and with zero hype to it. It will be overlooked by everyone except the most die-hard fans.

On the other hand I really, really hope the reason for the delay is a map editor that you guys could put in :grin:

I'm a huge king's bounty fan ... it a brilliant game, one of the best I ever played ... but it could be so much more. It could be a classic. A random map generator (like the one in the heroes games) or a map editor could ensure the community and the fans will be playing this for years to come. User-made content is one of the main ingredients for any game's longevity.

I'll buy the game even if it comes out on christmas eve ... I just hope you guys know what you're doing.

fld88
08-30-2009, 12:51 AM

How did it go at GamesCon?

Elwin
08-30-2009, 01:42 PM

hey, if 1C dont know release date, how can any site know it?? Fortunetellers?? I can also make a site and write that AP will be released tommorow, will it happen??? I am not gonna believe any site except for 1C one

Zhuangzi
08-30-2009, 02:15 PM
Really, who cares how long it takes? I want to play it too, and no a translation shouldn't take this long, but when it finally comes out on Gamergate I will be the first to download it. Can't wait. :grin:

Mandea
08-31-2009, 06:36 AM
they don't know for sure but changing the date with 3 month doesn't tell you anything?
come on, it's obvious.

Metroplex
09-02-2009, 09:21 PM
KB:AP was supposed to be released Q3 (Jul, Aug, Sept.) we are now in September so I HOPE that it will be released at the end of this month, otherwise I can't understand why it has taken so bloody long when King's Bounty came out exactly 3 months after the release of the Russian version.
Come on IC do not keep us wondering and waiting any longer at least if you won't release the game soon let us know a release date so we stop wondering. And take it with a pinch of salt like I take the release of the vaporware title Diablo 3.

MAXIMVS
09-05-2009, 02:27 PM
I would guess that if there's a delay it's probably for an accounting reason, like evening out the cashflow so you don't get nailed for the new release in the same tax year as the original release.

bam65
09-06-2009, 04:08 PM
If this thing ever gets released in the states I might buy it, but I'll probably forget since it's taking so long.

sydor01
09-07-2009, 07:08 PM
I agree with many of the posts here. After frothing at the mouth last January with the 2009Q1 release date, and now hearing dates of late December, I've now moved on to other things and am indifferent to whether or not it ever comes out. Yes, I'll likely still buy it, but after all the ridiculous delay reasoning from 1C pointing at "translation" issues for several months (really?), it's left me with a bad taste in my mouth. Does it really take that long to translate text in an expansion pack, one that's smaller than the original? Come on guys, be up front.

They've lost the momentum, blown it. You've turned a hoard of rabid fans into apathetic cynics.

Elwin
09-07-2009, 07:19 PM
They've lost the momentum, blown it. You've turned a hoard of rabid fans into apathetic cynics.

If so you really werent a fan ...

Zhuangzi
09-08-2009, 12:53 AM
I agree with many of the posts here. After frothing at the mouth last January with the 2009Q1 release date, and now hearing dates of late December, I've now moved on to other things and am indifferent to whether or not it ever comes out. Yes, I'll likely still buy it, but after all the ridiculous delay reasoning from 1C pointing at "translation" issues for several months (really?), it's left me with a bad taste in my mouth. Does it really take that long to translate text in an expansion pack, one that's smaller than the original? Come on guys, be up front.

Speak for yourself. I will enjoy Armored Princess in 2010 just the same as if I get to play it in 2009. I was expecting to have it by Sept 23rd (one year after The Legend) but maybe this won't be the case. Meh. I have other things to entertain me until then. 8)

Anyone played the indie adventure games Ben There, Dan That? and Time, Gentemen Please! Fantastic little games, especially the second one. Check em out. :-P

Mandea
09-08-2009, 06:30 AM
If so you really werent a fan ...

any news about the release date? all this silence (lack of news) seems strange to me.

Nike-it
09-08-2009, 07:49 AM
The release date is not announced yet. But the English version is almost finished, unfortunately don't know about other languages yet.

Mandea
09-08-2009, 08:08 AM
Do they have all to be released simultaneously? I guess they could release the english version, and later on, the other versions.

Elwin
09-08-2009, 08:46 AM
There was said already few times it will be released simultaneously, nothing can be done about that

what about demo ? :)

sydor01
09-08-2009, 10:15 AM
Ok, maybe "... apathetic cynics." was a bit harsh, I'll give you that. I'm just frustrated with game releases, not just this one, being delayed over and over again without plausible explanation. I think they need to engage the fans more with real updates, as opposed to baiting the buying public with the proverbial carrot on a stick. I do stand by my statement about losing momentum. Whereas a few months ago I would have bought it out of the gate, now it's much farther down the list, almost off entirely.

Elwin
09-08-2009, 10:30 AM
Its hapenning with almost every game, no point to be dissapointed ..

Mandea
09-08-2009, 01:18 PM
pfui, all versions simultaneously? I could take years :D

Nike-it
09-08-2009, 01:25 PM
pfui, all versions simultaneously? I could take years :D

It won't take years, most likely middle of autumn

Mandea
09-08-2009, 02:21 PM
Wonderful. Anyways, I was joking about "forever" :)

Zhuangzi
09-09-2009, 12:46 AM
The new site is nice. Some great wallpapers (especially the boss one, I forget his name). I know it's frustrating for games to come out, especially when the game is essentially already done, but I think we'll be seeing KB:AP within the next two months.

Nike-it, do you know anything about what kind of boxed releases there will be? I've said this before, but I still want some kind of KB:TL and AP collector's edition. I know there was one for TL but it's hard to get now, and I don't think many copies ever made it to Australia.

I will buy and download from Gamersgate when available, but I could really seeing myself shelling out for a deluxe edition if it was done right. :cool:

Mandea
09-09-2009, 06:35 AM
now that the new site is out, it can't be too long till we see the game.

Elwin
09-09-2009, 08:58 AM

you cant tell it .. in Poland there ss already preorder for AP since long time so it suggest soon release, yet no one knows when game will come out

jake21
09-09-2009, 05:05 PM
What new site ?

Elwin
09-09-2009, 05:11 PM
that http://www.kings-bounty.com/eng/

Metroplex
09-09-2009, 09:28 PM
LOL, the 'New' website is just an exact copy of the Russian site that has been available for months www.kingsbounty.ru except now it's in English.
Looks like the demo is not far off, then the game!;)

Elwin
09-09-2009, 10:28 PM
thats not lol many oficial KB sites are like that

BB Shockwave
09-17-2009, 10:41 AM
Really hope it comes around in October, but then pre-order info should be already released...

I wonder if this will be translated to hungarian (and thus, released only a half year later) like the original KB. If so, I will have to buy it from Ebay.

Metroplex
09-18-2009, 09:22 PM
Released on Oct. 30

http://www.1cpublishing.eu/game/king-s-bounty-armored-princess/overview

Mandea
09-21-2009, 07:17 AM
perfect. great news :D

BB Shockwave
09-21-2009, 09:18 PM
Great, so any sites yet where I could pre-order this from?

jake21
09-22-2009, 07:06 PM
still a bit confused; no one anywhere seems to list oct 30 as the release date (other than 1c). I'm a bit skeptical :)

Zhuangzi
09-23-2009, 12:16 AM
Given that 1c is the actual publisher, they are likely to know before retail outlets, yes?

infael
10-09-2009, 04:00 AM
Given that neither Amazon, Gamestop nor Gamersgate list AP, where can I get it? Only from 1C?

Divebomb
10-09-2009, 09:50 AM
Given that neither Amazon, Gamestop nor Gamersgate list AP, where can I get it? Only from 1C?
gamersgate didn't list today's releases until yesterday though to be fair, so they could still easily do the same thing on the 30th. although yeah armored princess is definitely a much much bigger release than any of these others.. so logically it would get a bit of a bigger push from 1c. but I kind of doubt it. hehe.

jake21
10-09-2009, 11:51 AM
Well for what it is worth at least gamespot now lists the release date as oct 30 :)

While I have my doubts if it happens it is only 3 weeks away :)

Elwin
10-09-2009, 12:26 PM
release date is known since some time already so its OK
in poland release date was announced today that it will be 23rd october, so just 2 weeks before ... no purpose to doubt it

Randamaster
10-27-2009, 03:55 PM
Is there any chance that we see this game in the german stores too some times? I see nothing in the web from this game, so I'm a little bit scared about this...

Elwin
10-27-2009, 03:56 PM
Yep, but the relase date is unknown, the 30th october is outdated info

jake21
10-27-2009, 06:20 PM
How do you know Oct 30th is outdated ?

Yep, but the relase date is unknown, the 30th october is outdated info

Elwin
10-27-2009, 06:36 PM
Anatoly already wrote its scheduled for november. Seems like everybody ignored it. And also other 1C games going to be release this friday are already on gamersgate, AP is not.

Randamaster
10-27-2009, 08:31 PM
I have an answer from someone from 1C but it's not very good:

Many Thanks for your interest in 1C games.

We are discussing the distribution with german distributors , the estimated released date of the german version would be end of Q1 2010 or beg of Q2 2010.

Well, this will be a long time for us...

Elwin
10-27-2009, 08:38 PM
Holy cow, such delays are unacceptable, its just localisation of the game which was already made, not making whole game, so why so long? -.-

PS In Poland game was released 4 days ago and i know first poeple which finished it already? what the heck, a game for 4 days on first run? i did in 6 days in legend but on second run.

Zhuangzi
10-27-2009, 10:46 PM
Holy cow, such delays are unacceptable, its just localisation of the game which was already made, not making whole game, so why so long? -.-

PS In Poland game was released 4 days ago and i know first poeple which finished it already? what the heck, a game for 4 days on first run? i did in 6 days in legend but on second run.

I think I clocked 29-30 hours in my game of AP with the English mod, so you could do that in 4 days if you were putting in 7-8 hours a day. :-P

If the English release gets pushed back beyond mid November, I am going to be very unhappy. :mad:

Kings Bounty Hunter
10-28-2009, 12:08 PM
I think I clocked 29-30 hours in my game of AP with the English mod, so you could do that in 4 days if you were putting in 7-8 hours a day. :-P

If the English release gets pushed back beyond mid November, I am going to be very unhappy. :mad:

Huh? you've already played and completed it?

Zhuangzi
10-28-2009, 12:19 PM
Russian version with dodgy Google English mod.

2late
10-28-2009, 06:52 PM
Is the game getting released this year? Honestly ... How much can it take for the localizations? The games has no speech, there are only texts and a few graphical assets. In the time since the russian version was released a few enthusiastic fans could have translated the game 5 times over.

Amidamaru86
10-28-2009, 07:07 PM
Gaming sites also confirm, that the english version will be released on the 30th October,

For instance: http://www.gamespot.com/search.html?qs=armored+princess

but at http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/kingsbountyarmoredprincess/news.html?sid=6212737&om_act=convert&om_clk=newsfeatures&tag=newsfeatures;title it says, "The game will ship this Christmas." :(

And btw. from my KB: The Legend experience I can say that the time spent while playing King's bounty depends on the diffuculty (battles at easy difficulty are quick, at impossible are v. long, and I've read somewhere that in AP the Immpossible difficulty will be much harder <yey>), and whether or not you read the quests etc. I'm guessing that from a google translation mod you couldn't understand much of it.

Metroplex
10-28-2009, 07:07 PM
If it doesn't get released tomorrow, Oct. 30, it is both false advertising and a disgrace!:evil:

Elwin
10-28-2009, 07:08 PM
Game is scheduled for november it was already said, week or 2 ago.

Metroplex
10-29-2009, 12:59 AM
First it was to be released on Q3 2009, then it was announced in the official publisher's web-page of the game as being Oct. 30, now it's frigging November, what's next, release in 2010? Disgraceful!:evil:

Nike-it
10-29-2009, 07:12 AM
The game will deffenitely be released in November.

Metroplex
10-29-2009, 07:53 AM
Any exact date?:confused:

Nike-it
10-29-2009, 07:56 AM
No, I guess middle of November.

Elwin
10-29-2009, 10:14 PM
Yep, 1c site now says november :p