Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Armored Princess

King's Bounty: Armored Princess Sequel to the critically acclaimed King’s Bounty: The Legend.

Old 06-10-2009, 05:57 AM
Approved Member

Exclamation Any definitive release date?

I know the game is scheduled for Q3 (July/August/September) release, yet it would be nice to know a definitive date so that I can mark it on my calendar and count the days until I get my hands on it, most games like Bioshock 2 already have a release date, why does it take so long to translate it, with computers doing a rough translation and humans the final one it couldn't take that long would it? The waiting is too much to bear!
Old 06-14-2009, 09:42 AM
Approved Member

I would also like to know.
Old 06-17-2009, 05:17 AM
Approved Member

what are those? another troll?
Old 06-17-2009, 07:07 AM
Approved Member

The exact date is not specified, only Q3 2009.
Old 06-19-2009, 10:36 AM
Approved Member

I have just noticed that on 1C page release date is now Q4, any official info or reason for that ?
Old 06-30-2009, 05:24 AM
Approved Member

Elwin - Because it's taking longer than anticipated...?

Why do people insist on rushing the translations?
The result of a fast translation, whether it be movies or games, is often poor..Words are skipped and some words thrown in where they don't belong....
Imagine trying to play the game with the text only partially (or lazily) translated..Alot of the story would be missing, and maybe even necessary information to complete missions would go unknown.

In short, there's no point rushing them unless you want to play an un-finished translation..So just have some patience and watch the forums for news & updates like the rest of us.
Old 06-30-2009, 08:20 AM
Approved Member

Easy man, i only asked for official info about delay, in no caste i hasted them to release game faster ... No idea how you could take my post as rushing for release ....

As you wrote:
"So just have some patience and watch the forums for news & updates " - i just wanted such info since release date on 1C changed and there was not any news about that

Last edited by Elwin; 06-30-2009 at 08:22 AM.
Old 06-30-2009, 10:59 AM
Approved Member

The gamespot preview says that 'the game will ship this Christmas.'

http://au.gamespot.com/news/blogs/pr...=picks;title;4

Hopefully it will be on Gamersgate long before that? I am hoping for a September release, which would make it exactly a year since KB:TL.
Old 06-30-2009, 11:53 AM
Approved Member

Whoa Notnormal, are you 1C's new PR man???

Firstly, the result of a fast translation is a fast translation! This should not be confused with the results of a poor translation which usually occurs when something is released without being first proof read by a native speaker of the designated language! (Ask anyone about the "English" signs in China, Japan, Taiwan, etc.)

Secondly, what's to translate????? It's hardly the first ever translation of War And Peace into English we're talking about here! Most of the stuff should already be there from KB:TL. All that needs to be done is to translate the relatively few new things. You know really tricky stuff that takes years to learn like character names and princess for gods sake!
In actual fact, the mod Garzhad posted earlier works quite well and was done with the google translator! Admittedly you lose a little of the cutting humour but i dont see anything there that a competent native speaker of English couldn't sort out in a short meeting with the devs and a couple of hours typing.

The only valid reason for the delay that i can think of is that they dont want to be bothered with making patches in several languages and so are waiting until most of the bugs are known. Either that or it's just pure revenge for western companies taking so long to release (if at all) Russian versions of their games!

IMHO you are way out of line using such a condescending/sarcastic tone with Elwin who has contributed masses of positive stuff to these forums!

Last edited by travelingoz; 06-30-2009 at 12:10 PM. Reason: typo
Old 06-30-2009, 12:12 PM
Approved Member

They will release the game simultaneously in many different laguages, so...go figure. it takes some time.