PDA

View Full Version : Would it be possible?

Metathron
01-11-2009, 02:31 PM
...To randomize the creatures offered in some places such as King Mark's castle, for example offer any level 2 creatures including bowmen or swordsmen, any level 1 including peasants, etc. I am aware it wouldn't make much sense to have Kronberg offer goblins or imps or whatnot, but I do think it would diversify the game for players who have completed it several times already and would like to try a fresh approach to the game, rather than the same old combination of bowmen/swordsmen/monks...

Opinions?

Keneth
01-11-2009, 06:01 PM
While I still haven't gotten around to figuring out how the shops are defined (laziness on my part), I don't think it would be impossible to randomize them, it's already done in other parts of the game. Maybe someone who's done some work on the subject could share some more light.

Csimbi
01-11-2009, 09:04 PM
I would surely like such improvement - it would boost the replay value.
I did try to figure this out and I did not get very far. I got the impression that these are not generated, but hardcoded into the data files.
Any discussions about this on the Russian forums? Any help from the dev team?

Murkhach
01-13-2009, 11:15 AM
Is tit possible to add something like week of (creature) in HOMM3 WOG.
- random creature stack or heroes appear in explored locations
- or better, add super quests, that can spawn later in the game (after fullfill some main quests)
- is it possible to create new item type medailon (whitch can be attached to childs only)
-

Csimbi
01-13-2009, 01:19 PM
Is tit possible to add something like week of (creature) in HOMM3 WOG.
- random creature stack or heroes appear in explored locations
- or better, add super quests, that can spawn later in the game (after fullfill some main quests)
- is it possible to create new item type medailon (whitch can be attached to childs only)
-
Have you considered posting that in the Wish list section for the expansion?
Sounds like a good candidate to me.

Keneth
01-13-2009, 06:17 PM
The answer for the last is no, children are just items, you can't attach anything to them. The first suggestion is unlikely, spawning creeps after the initialization of the area is probably too much work. Adding new quests seems doable but I fail to see the point, adding quests just for the sake of adding quests doesn't really achieve anything since there's no need for them, you get enough items, runes, and experience during the standard course of the game. I don't really get what you meant with the whole "week of..." thing though.

Csimbi
01-14-2009, 01:16 AM
I don't really get what you meant with the whole "week of..." thing though.
This was added to HMM3 in WOG.
Weeks change every 7th day - just like in a normal calendar. This should be doable since there are day/night changes in KB.
The "week of x" means that 'x' receives special bonuses during that week, where 'x' is the name of a creature, picked randomly once a week. Creature 'x' receives a fixed amount of attack, defense, special attack, purchase price, growth, etc bonuses for the duration of the entire week.
The only problem I see with this is that there are no functions in KB that would allow querying/updating atom properties in runtime.

Keneth
01-14-2009, 01:41 AM
Why would you want to modify static values for a dynamic bonus? That's what spells and items are for. :mrgreen: Anyway, the mod is a bit counter-productive, since you'll want to finish as quickly as possible to get a good score, meaning you won't see a lot of bonuses. :-P

Ryastar
01-14-2009, 03:09 AM
Unless you make it "day of the (monster)"

Csimbi
01-14-2009, 10:47 AM
Anyway, the mod is a bit counter-productive, since you'll want to finish as quickly as possible to get a good score, meaning you won't see a lot of bonuses. :-P

On the contrary, I do not care about score or how long it takes to finish it: I personally prefer finishing all quests instead. That requires a lot of running around - which is fine, but in the meantime, such "week of"/"day of" cycles would bring more colour into the game, making it easier or more challenging (depending whether your units get bonuses or the enemies').

I have to agree with Ryastar that the "week of" might be a little long - time is not ticking very quickly in the game. But the "day of" might be too short?

Keneth
01-14-2009, 02:33 PM
Finishing the game quickly and doing all the quests are not mutually exclusive, they both count for the final score. I think a daily feature would be more appropriate, it would even force you to hurry up when you hit a good bonus. :mrgreen:

Csimbi
01-14-2009, 03:10 PM
That's a good point.