PDA

View Full Version : nOOb question # 12: starting spells

YENKO
11-28-2008, 11:17 PM
Hi my fellow KB:L players!
Today i would like to know which spells can be obtainable at gamestart? All or only some of a....certain level?
I might try to cheat a bit and try to get at least one good spell right from the word GO (like with the items by restarting the game, i am talking about Sacrifice, Resurrestion etc).
Thanks, have fun!

Y.

Keneth
11-28-2008, 11:57 PM
IIRC, what you get at the start of the game is defined in hero.txt, unless you're talking about what can be found on the map/in shops?

YENKO
11-29-2008, 03:50 PM
IIRC, what you get at the start of the game is defined in hero.txt, unless you're talking about what can be found on the map/in shops?

No, i mean at the very gamestart, scrolls in king's castle, the other castle and in the Mage school nearby. Usually two scrolls per castle plus 3 scrolls in the mage school.
I started the game about 50 times (just for kicks), and usually get all those crappy spells with a couple good ones, all pretty much randomized, but never uber spells like Resurrection or Sacrifice. Items i get very very cool, but that's not what i am looking for.
Ideas?

infael
11-29-2008, 06:30 PM
Where is hero.txt? I can't find it even with search.

Keneth
11-29-2008, 06:39 PM
Spells in castles and shops are randomized from a list and probably defined by a price range (hence no really good spells right off the bat). As of yet I have been unable to determine where or how vendor data is defined so I can't help you much on that if you wanted to change anything.

As for hero.txt, it's inside sessions/base/ses.kfs

Lari
11-29-2008, 10:34 PM
Actually in spells.txt there is a variable for each spell, that is named "profit" that would define the spell's level. Selling of scrolls in various area/shops is regulated by this