Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: The Legend > Tips and Hints

Tips and Hints Different solutions, tips and hints.

Old 11-28-2008, 10:17 PM
Approved Member

Default nOOb question # 12: starting spells

Hi my fellow KB:L players!
Today i would like to know which spells can be obtainable at gamestart? All or only some of a....certain level?
I might try to cheat a bit and try to get at least one good spell right from the word GO (like with the items by restarting the game, i am talking about Sacrifice, Resurrestion etc).
Thanks, have fun!

Y.
Old 11-28-2008, 10:57 PM
Approved Member

IIRC, what you get at the start of the game is defined in hero.txt, unless you're talking about what can be found on the map/in shops?
Old 11-29-2008, 02:50 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keneth View Post
IIRC, what you get at the start of the game is defined in hero.txt, unless you're talking about what can be found on the map/in shops?
No, i mean at the very gamestart, scrolls in king's castle, the other castle and in the Mage school nearby. Usually two scrolls per castle plus 3 scrolls in the mage school.
I started the game about 50 times (just for kicks), and usually get all those crappy spells with a couple good ones, all pretty much randomized, but never uber spells like Resurrection or Sacrifice. Items i get very very cool, but that's not what i am looking for.
Ideas?
Old 11-29-2008, 05:30 PM
Approved Member

Where is hero.txt? I can't find it even with search.
Old 11-29-2008, 05:39 PM
Approved Member

Spells in castles and shops are randomized from a list and probably defined by a price range (hence no really good spells right off the bat). As of yet I have been unable to determine where or how vendor data is defined so I can't help you much on that if you wanted to change anything.

As for hero.txt, it's inside sessions/base/ses.kfs
Old 11-29-2008, 09:34 PM
Approved Member

Actually in spells.txt there is a variable for each spell, that is named "profit" that would define the spell's level. Selling of scrolls in various area/shops is regulated by this